PDA

View Full Version : Amare to opt out?

Jumba
06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/08/suns.stoudemire.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Discuss...

Jumba
06-08-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/08/suns.stoudemire.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

[QUOTE]GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) -- Amar'e Stoudemire says he will opt out of the final year of his contract if he doesn't re-sign with the Phoenix Suns before then.

Stoudemire, speaking at his basketball camp Tuesday, said he deserves a maximum contract and would like it to be with Phoenix, where he has played since he was drafted out of high school in 2002.

The All-Star power forward said there was "no chance" he would exercise the final year of his contract with the Suns, which would pay him about $17 million.

Instead, he wants the biggest contract the NBA allows. Phoenix could give him more than any other team -- a six-year deal worth somewhere around $127 million.

Discuss...

NYKnickFanatic
06-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Old news?

HOZ THE KNICK
06-08-2010, 11:25 PM
old

KG2TB
06-08-2010, 11:26 PM
He doesn't deserve max. You have to play both ends of the floor for that...

bigsams50
06-09-2010, 12:00 AM
If he gets a six year 127 million dollar contract im gonna feel sorry for the franchise that signs him, he's not worth nearly as much as that

king4day
06-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Since he's getting the max, whether it be with Chicago, Miami, NJ, or NY, the Suns may as well offer it as well since we need him just as bad, if not more. Along with Lopez' growth, it might be the best situation for him production-wise.

td0tsfinest
06-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Its not big news. Its something that people were 99.9% sure. There really isn't much to discuss.

LA_Raiders
06-09-2010, 12:22 AM
to miami

JPHX
06-09-2010, 01:09 AM
there really no other 4 available that can match his production. He is a liability on defense and rebounding but hes put the suns FO in a pickle.

lakerboy
06-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Suns needs to ship his *** out. He plays no D, and they can't go anywhere with him. He plays with no heart, no defense, and too much "I AM A SUPERSTAR" mentality.

Suns IMO are better off keeping Dudley, Lopez, and Dragic--all three studs. Maybe they are better off with David Lee, or somebody else. But no more Amare.

JNA17
06-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Suns needs to ship his *** out. He plays no D, and they can't go anywhere with him. He plays with no heart, no defense, and too much "I AM A SUPERSTAR" mentality.

Suns IMO are better off keeping Dudley, Lopez, and Dragic--all three studs. Maybe they are better off with David Lee, or somebody else. But no more Amare.

isn't lee basically an amare beside the fact that lee is a better rebounder?

KaganRS
06-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Maybe they are better off with David Lee.

YES to this.

knickfan4life
06-09-2010, 02:45 AM
isn't lee basically an amare beside the fact that lee is a better rebounder?

lee has a better jump shot, lee is an aggressive rebounder, lee can play w/ more finesse around the basket, lee is just as good if not better at the P&R, but cannot go as strong to the basket as amare can and lees defense is JUST AS BAD IF NOT WORSE than amares, but lee doesn't want max money ;)

thephoenixson28
06-09-2010, 03:51 AM
isn't lee basically an amare beside the fact that lee is a better rebounder?I don't think lee demands a double team like amare. Amare can be a top 5 player when he wants to be.

JPHX
06-09-2010, 04:31 AM
I don't think lee demands a double team like amare. Amare can be a top 5 player when he wants to be.

Key.

djeller1139
06-09-2010, 04:59 AM
They should move him in a S&T for David Lee or maybe Dirk Nowitzki or someone...if not, let him walk and play with the money they would then have...

Kerr will probably find some way to screw this up..

RaiderLakersA's
06-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I thought his priorities in order were (1) to sign with a championship caliber team and (2) to get paid. This he stated after the loss to the Lakers in the Western Conference Championship game. What changed?

JPHX
06-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I thought his priorities in order were (1) to sign with a championship caliber team and (2) to get paid. This he stated after the loss to the Lakers in the Western Conference Championship game. What changed?

Probably his Air conditioning bill. Its hot as hell in AZ.

PHX2daDEATH
06-09-2010, 01:30 PM

agreed. rather keep Dudley Lopez and Dragic then Have Amare sign a max deal then blow his knee out or decide he needs microscopic knee surgery two weeks before training camp.... Dont agree with David Lee though..he can't play D.. if a S&T is possible Suns might as well get younger and target Philly or NJ's pick..and after watching Derrick Favors highlights.. I'd say draft this kid...

Mplsman
06-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Nothing really shocking about this...

REDBIRD24
06-09-2010, 01:58 PM

ya he only got them to the west conf finals right? guess howard wade and lebron bosh boozer dirk all better get shipped out too cause they aint takin their team anywhere... lopez dragic and dudley are fine players but never be an amare.. hes the most productive pf in the nba hes gonna get paid i would do it in 3 years at a time only for his knees sake but other than that worry he deserves it

iggypop123
06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
if amare wants the max then kerr should be the one opening the door on the way out for amare

defender4m
06-09-2010, 03:13 PM
agreed. rather keep Dudley Lopez and Dragic then Have Amare sign a max deal then blow his knee out or decide he needs microscopic knee surgery two weeks before training camp.... Dont agree with David Lee though..he can't play D.. if a S&T is possible Suns might as well get younger and target Philly or NJ's pick..and after watching Derrick Favors highlights.. I'd say draft this kid...

The only way the nets give up the pick is for cp3 and i think i would rather have favors and another Fa or two then amare and his huge contract at 28 years old.

Tom81
06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
moron

Lakersho
06-09-2010, 03:55 PM
there really no other 4 available that can match his production. He is a liability on defense and rebounding but hes put the suns FO in a pickle.

...sorry but stat doesn't deserve max money, he doesn't show up on the really big games, ya he's a reg. season monster,thats no good if you vanish in the playoffs... def. sucks ,thinks he's better than the whole team... another , " legend in his own mind " ...

PHX2daDEATH
06-09-2010, 05:09 PM
The only way the nets give up the pick is for cp3 and i think i would rather have favors and another Fa or two then amare and his huge contract at 28 years old.

Then we go to Philly and take Brands Contract and then maybe buy him out.. be assured of the 2nd Pick then take Favors, use that extra 8-10 million to bring another big and we're set :clap:

JPHX
06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
...sorry but stat doesn't deserve max money, he doesn't show up on the really big games, ya he's a reg. season monster,thats no good if you vanish in the playoffs... def. sucks ,thinks he's better than the whole team... another , " legend in his own mind " ...

agreed. im one of those guys that is leaning towards letting him walk. But Nash is getting up there in age so the suns need to stay competetive. I dont see anyone that can come in and match his production. So the Suns FO may not have a choice.

Mplsman
06-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd like to see an amare-dwade combo

drama1386
06-09-2010, 05:47 PM
i love amar'e but he is not worth 6 years, $127 mil.

beasted86
06-09-2010, 06:14 PM
moron

:dance:

Amar'e already said Miami is a primary potential destination outside of re-signing with Phoenix.

"A lot of teams out there appreciate my skills, but I'm from Florida. That's my home, that's where my AAU team is. That's where my fan base is,'' he said. "It would be great (to play there).
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/12/stoudemire-sees-days-in-phoenix-ending

PrettyBoyJ
06-09-2010, 06:34 PM
They really have no choice but to listen to his demands, he can walk away from PHX without a sign and trade leaving PHX with a lot of problems and possibly lose a lot of money in the upcoming season as far as tix sales goes... Many may disagree whether he deserves a max or not but somebody is going to give it to him whether its the suns or the heats, etc...

king4day
06-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Then we go to Philly and take Brands Contract and then maybe buy him out.. be assured of the 2nd Pick then take Favors, use that extra 8-10 million to bring another big and we're set :clap:

We'd have to keep Brand. Can't just dump off a bigtime PF no matter how much he's declined. It took Zach Randolph to get back to the way he plays today. Brand has a chance to do the same.

I'd do that trade too without blinking, but Amar'e won't wanna sign with them.

MackShock
06-09-2010, 08:17 PM
I honestly think Amare is going to bounce..but I dont know where hes going to go. I get the feeling his doesnt want to be in Phoenix.

PHX2daDEATH
06-09-2010, 09:31 PM
We'd have to keep Brand. Can't just dump off a bigtime PF no matter how much he's declined. It took Zach Randolph to get back to the way he plays today. Brand has a chance to do the same.

I'd do that trade too without blinking, but Amar'e won't wanna sign with them.

TRUE. I thought about that..keeping Brand would mean having Favors on the bench and then develop him with Goran and Earl more... and agreed again..thats why I think we have a better shot at a deal with NJ

Duncan = Donkey
06-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Definetly not worth a max.

Send him on his way if he demands it.

dolphan
06-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Ye i can see Amare wearing a jersey besides PHX this season (2010-2011)