PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Turkoglu longs for return to Kings

MagicBucsSox
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq49bllwx63Fsvuvbc1RbUs5nYcB?slug=ys-turkogluraptors060810

Already public with his desire to be traded, disgruntled Toronto Raptors forward Hedo Turkoglu(notes) has privately expressed to league friends a desire to return to the Sacramento Kings, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

After Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo brought him to Toronto with a five-year, $53 million contract last summer, Turkoglu had a tumultuous season and recently told Turkish television – and apparently the organization – that he no longer wants to play for the franchise.

The Kings and Raptors have yet to engage in trade discussions, sources say, but communication is a likely possibility before the end of the month. There won’t be much of a market for the declining veteran, but there are scenarios where he could make sense for the Kings.

Unruly Fan
06-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Good riddance!

Corey
06-08-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't get why players sign in Toronto if they are just going to ***** about it after a year.

Don't sign in the first place if you're going to ask out because you don't like it.

RocketsRule
06-08-2010, 03:12 PM
The Kings would be the last team to take him. They aren't a team that looking to add salary for an aging player like Turkoglu.

The only way I can see a deal being done is if it is for Nocioni.

Rivera
06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
The Kings would be the last team to take him. They aren't a team that looking to add salary for an aging player like Turkoglu.

u may be up to something here

mia305king
06-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes, Nocioni needs to be in there, but Sac town should definitely stay away. They're a young team and they don't need these type of contracts.

C_Mund
06-08-2010, 03:31 PM
I'd take Nocioni in a heartbeat.
We'd get better D and a cheaper/shorter contract. Hedo's a better player, just not with the Raps.
Wierd though...he wants the ball in his hands yet wants to go play for the Kings who shipped out K-Mart because he was taking the ball from Tyreke.
Sounds fishy...

awmathewsjr
06-08-2010, 03:41 PM
He also mentioned playing for the Rockets(Rick Adelman)

CityofTreez
06-08-2010, 03:42 PM

That is the only way I would be in favor of this. Literally, a player for a player and nothing else. I hate Nocioni, and I don't hate Turkoglu ...

As for Toronto, players do hate to play there. John Salmons chose Sacramento over Toronto and missed out on a bigger contract. Kapono left pretty quickly, Hedo dislikes the city/fans, and do I have to bring up Chris Bosh & Vince carter?

homestarunner93
06-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Its because no one realizs how terrible Canada is until they get there. :)

DerekRE_3
06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
I'd take Nocioni in a heartbeat.
We'd get better D and a cheaper/shorter contract. Hedo's a better player, just not with the Raps.
Wierd though...he wants the ball in his hands yet wants to go play for the Kings who shipped out K-Mart because he was taking the ball from Tyreke.
Sounds fishy...

True, Nocioni was a DPOY candidate for the Kings last year. Seemed every time he came in he stopped our entire offense cold.

macc
06-08-2010, 03:47 PM
I like Turk, he's one of my fav players but he needs to suck it up and play in Toronto. Yes fans are disliking him but fans also have a short term memory. If he can come back next year and be the productive play maker he was in Orlando then he would get his fan support back.

Don't let fans boo you out of town. Work harder and show people you deserve the contract you signed for.

marvILLous
06-08-2010, 03:51 PM
That is the only way I would be in favor of this. Literally, a player for a player and nothing else. I hate Nocioni, and I don't hate Turkoglu, even though Turkoglu did come from Toronto and I began hating Toronto since joining this site!

As for Toronto, players do hate to play there. John Salmons chose Sacramento over Toronto and missed out on a bigger contract. Kapono left pretty quickly, Hedo dislikes the city/fans, and do I have to bring up Chris Bosh & Vince carter?

LOL

first of all, kapono was traded, he didnt leave..

second.. bosh and vc love toronto.. what are you talking about? lol vc never had a problem with the city/fans, it was the front office..

bosh would rather play in toronto than sacramento..

lol i remmeber this season when the raps played the kings in sacramento, some fan yelled at bosh and asked if he would sign with sacramento.. and bosh said HELL NOO hahaha it was so funny

losbreezy
06-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Noo! us king fans do not want Hedo back. No!

http://www.twitter.com/Losbreezy

fadedmario
06-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Kings are a young talented team. No sense in them bringing in a over paid player on the decline

C_Mund
06-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I like Turk, he's one of my fav players but he needs to suck it up and play in Toronto. Yes fans are disliking him but fans also have a short term memory. If he can come back next year and be the productive play maker he was in Orlando then he would get his fan support back.

Don't let fans boo you out of town. Work harder and show people you deserve the contract you signed for.

That's a good post...and that's coming from somebody who wants Hedo out of town in a bad way.
I knew he was a bad fit, just like J.O was a bad fit. I have no problem with Hedo not playing great but he has a pretty big ego and it almost seemed like he was trying to egg the fans on by treating them poorly in public and doing shoddy interviews. He just doesn't help our team, and I'd gladly take Nocioni back just for the shorter contract.

Raidaz4Life
06-08-2010, 04:00 PM
I wonder if he knows nobody is left from the golden days

DerekRE_3
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I wonder if he knows nobody is left from the golden days

Pete Carrill is. :cool:
Bobby Jackson is also with the organization.

C_Mund
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM

That's a good post...and that's coming from somebody who wants Hedo out of town in a bad way.
I knew he was a bad fit, just like J.O was a bad fit. I have no problem with Hedo not playing great but he has a pretty big ego and it almost seemed like he was trying to egg the fans on by treating them poorly in public and doing shoddy interviews. He just doesn't help our team, and I'd gladly take Nocioni back just for the shorter contract.

EDIT: sorry for the double post

97NYer
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
No Kings, stick to Tyreke and your pick this year.

macc
06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
LOL

first of all, kapono was traded, he didnt leave..

second.. bosh and vc love toronto.. what are you talking about? lol vc never had a problem with the city/fans, it was the front office..

bosh would rather play in toronto than sacramento..

lol i remmeber this season when the raps played the kings in sacramento, some fan yelled at bosh and asked if he would sign with sacramento.. and bosh said HELL NOO hahaha it was so funny

In all reality, how would you know that? Don't tell me by what they say to the media. Ofcourse players are going to say they love the city/fans, why would they say anything but that?

In all reality this is a business. Money and winning talks, mainly money. Don't be fooled, players only love their fans/city as much as the contract their getting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying players dislike their cities/fans, but I'll tell you it's not their #1 priority when deciding where they want to play.

CityofTreez
06-08-2010, 04:23 PM

yeah. and your entire Toronto forum began bombarding us telling us Toronto is better than Sacramento. yeah....I remember that and I also remember beating you guys by 23 points!

Am I wrong, but doesn't Vince Carter get booed when he goes back to Toronto? I thought I remember that happening?

LeBroom
06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
yeah. and your entire Toronto forum began bombarding us telling us Toronto is better than Sacramento. yeah....I remember that and I also remember beating you guys by 23 points!

Am I wrong, but doesn't Vince Carter get booed when he goes back to Toronto? I thought I remember that happening?

Yes. And Vince Carter, while with the Nets, destroyed the Raptors Fans hearts TWICE on their OWN HOME COURT. With a buzzer-beating 3 point shot, and a buzzer beating 3 pointer to send the game to overtime, followed by a Game Winning Alley-oop dunk. If there's anything I respect VC for, it's by doing that. Hahaha, Raptors Fans went from BOOING LOUDLY, to sheer silence. Priceless. :clap:

DayDreamz
06-08-2010, 04:37 PM
^^^^ lol!

SA5195
06-08-2010, 04:48 PM
In all reality, how would you know that? Don't tell me by what they say to the media. Ofcourse players are going to say they love the city/fans, why would they say anything but that?

In all reality this is a business. Money and winning talks, mainly money. Don't be fooled, players only love their fans/city as much as the contract their getting. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying players dislike their cities/fans, but I'll tell you it's not their #1 priority when deciding where they want to play.

VC actually did love Toronto. He did everything he could to promote the city. Just the front office didn't listen to him, and he left. But the way he left, it left a bad taste in our mouths.

Don't wanna make this into a "why players hate canada" or whatever, so let's get back on topic.

SA5195
06-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Why does every single thing that involves Toronto, end up being a "Bosh is leaving" or "Vince Carter/Why Canada sucks" thread :sigh:

Anyways, Turk's just losing his trade value, by having a bad season, wanting a trade, and where he wants to be traded.

He should've kept it to himself, and let the front office deal with it, if he wants to be traded. Instead of going on a tv show and saying he wanted to be traded.

He just needs to suck it up and stop making excuses of his bad play here.

Ray_R
06-08-2010, 04:54 PM
SO who is to blame for no one wanting to sign in Toronto. F.O. or Toronto?

TO Rapz
06-08-2010, 04:55 PM

:clap: x 1209109210290

D-Mac313
06-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Kings are young and on the rise, bringing Turk in makes no sense at all....:confused:

marvILLous
06-08-2010, 07:56 PM

i've seen vince carter in interviews saying that he loved our city and everything.. and this was after he was traded from the raps.. does he have any reason to admit that when hes not even on the team anymore.. and when he knows that he gets boo'ed everytime he comes back? no, exactly..

marvILLous
06-08-2010, 07:58 PM

lol you guys beating us by 23 is completely irrelevant to this..

and.. just because vc gets boo'ed everytime he comes back, it doesn't mean he didn't love the city.. lol nice logic there...

*Superman*
06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Why the hell would he want to go to the Kings? They can't even make the playoffs.

This is what they mean when money can't buy you happiness.

ink
06-08-2010, 08:09 PM
and.. just because vc gets boo'ed everytime he comes back, it doesn't mean he didn't love the city.. lol nice logic there...

I'm wondering about THIS logic. If he gets booed every time he's in Toronto, I don't think that's going to start a great love affair with the place. Let's face it, Toronto fans are stubbornly giving the place a very bad name among pros. The longer people are unapologetic about driving away players the worse it will get.

ink
06-08-2010, 08:12 PM
About the actual trade: I hope all these rumours about Hedo are just all the bad ones being tested out. I don't want any other team's scraps just to get rid of a contract. If we trade him it should be for potential or a pick. Otherwise he should suit up and everyone should show some maturity -- fans and Hedo -- and get back to basketball.

beasted86
06-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Turkoglu for Nocioni + Udrih.

The Raptors love the international players.... so this trade should work.

AK-50
06-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't get why players sign in Toronto if they are just going to ***** about it after a year.

Don't sign in the first place if you're going to ask out because you don't like it.

dont try to single out Toronto it happens all over the league

AK-50
06-08-2010, 08:16 PM

no more euros plzz :facepalm: a few are good but when most the team is theyre too soft

RocketsRule
06-08-2010, 08:16 PM

That's the only trade I see the Kings doing, but I still don't see it happening.

AK-50
06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
not the exact same case but it was like he was singling out Toronto as a team just because its in Canada

The Jokemaker
06-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Only for Turkoglu to say he longs to be a Laker next offseason. He shoulda stayed in Orlando instead of thinking he was some superstar hotshot and could be a big man somewhere else. He's a good 3rd to 5th guy, nothing more.

Rego247
06-08-2010, 08:23 PM
That is the only way I would be in favor of this. Literally, a player for a player and nothing else. I hate Nocioni, and I don't hate Turkoglu ...

and u know this as fact right?

kapono left quickly cuz we traded him. read up.

and bring up what about Chris bosh? i would really like to hear your argument as to why he hates the city of Toronto. im dying to read it, do u have a quote or link.

and u bring up VC like its some absolute truth or something, i dont find the need to explain that situation to you.

ink
06-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Let's talk about the trade possibility guys.

SA5195
06-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Hedo for Landry, Garcia, Greene and the 33rd pick? If it's too much, then cut Greene from the trade or whatever.

beasted86
06-08-2010, 08:32 PM
That's the only trade I see the Kings doing, but I still don't see it happening.

Nocioni has completely fallen out of favor with Westphal, and Udrih's contract stinks. They also save money short term.

I think they jump all over that scenario.

DerekRE_3
06-08-2010, 08:38 PM
About the actual trade: I hope all these rumours about Hedo are just all the bad ones being tested out. I don't want any other team's scraps just to get rid of a contract. If we trade him it should be for potential or a pick. Otherwise he should suit up and everyone should show some maturity -- fans and Hedo -- and get back to basketball.

Not gonna happen. If he's traded his salary per year increases 15%, he has a trade clause in his contract. His contract would increase to 4 years/50 mil remaining.

Kyle916
06-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Hedo for Landry, Garcia, Greene and the 33rd pick? If it's too much, then cut Greene from the trade or whatever.

Yeah ****ing right.

ink
06-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Not gonna happen. If he's traded his salary per year increases 15%, he has a trade clause in his contract. His contract would increase to 4 years/50 mil remaining.

Speculation is that he might also be the part that goes with Bosh in a S&T. There are options including Hedo staying in Toronto and everyone just getting over this invented crisis.

SA5195
06-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah ****ing right.

Calm down, just an idea.

RocketsRule
06-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Nocioni has completely fallen out of favor with Westphal, and Udrih's contract stinks. They also save money short term.

I think they jump all over that scenario.

Udrih is actually just as good as Hedo. He played some great ball late in the season.

And the amount they save in the short-term doesn't nearly compare to what they are losing in the long-term.

Cromedome
06-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I remember this Hedo guy talking about how Toronto was a great place to live...the great culture ...great for his wife...great everything.

..and now a year later this dude wants out? Tell me what's up with that? Oooooweeeeee what up with that...what up with that.

beasted86
06-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Udrih is actually just as good as Hedo. He played some great ball late in the season.

And the amount they save in the short-term doesn't nearly compare to what they are losing in the long-term.

Actually, scratch that... they save money all together.

I don't know the amount of Turkoglu's trade clause, but unless it hikes it up $2M in each and every year, the Kings still save money.

Bigbadmoffo
06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
SO who is to blame for no one wanting to sign in Toronto. F.O. or Toronto?

F.O is to blame and if you had ownership like this you'd see why. There's a **** load of owners and hockey is there priority. Does Toronto have money...Yes they do, probably in the top 10 in the Nba. The problem is is that there so hung up on the ****** leafs that they don't appreciate b-ball like the fans do.

Bulls_fan90
06-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Im starting to hate Turkoglu more than Rubio. He needs to show some respect to Toronto and stfu.

beasted86
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Actually, scratch that... they save money all together.

I don't know the amount of Turkoglu's trade clause, but unless it hikes it up $2M in each and every year, the Kings still save money.

BTW, to add... the Kings are giving up 2 role players for a potential impact player

masalex1205
06-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Nobody is touching Hedo's contract w/ a ten foot pole

JasonJohnHorn
06-08-2010, 10:15 PM
If T.G. hates TO so much, he should seriously just offer to void his contract. I think both parties would be happy with that. Fisher did that with the Jazz a few years ago (under different circumstances- and Fisher was a class act the entire way) and both player and franchise handled it well.

T.G.'s contract is too big for any team to want to take him after his dismal season with the Raptors, so nobody will want a piece of that contract until its in its final season. But if he is willing to take a pay cut to play where he wants, I'm sure the TO brass wont mind voiding the contract, but there is no way this guy should get a buy. He's not being very classy about this whole situation.

Elton Brand was in a similar situation with Philly, and he has publically said that things havent worked out as well as he had hoped, but that he wants to return to his all-star form and wants to do well by Philly, never putting them in an akward situation by demanding a trade or saying he doesnt want to play with the organization.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Send on Tyreke.

blah-blah
06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
haha turkey doesnt realize hes basically not tradeable why would a young team like the kings want him

ZebraCity916
06-08-2010, 10:37 PM
If we take him, we better get picks, a young player or 2 and they better take Nocioni. If they are willing to do that THEN I'll think about it.

Really though, I hope we don't trade for him. I like him and all but his contract is way too big. That's the only problem.

Sadds The Gr8
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Im starting to hate Turkoglu more than Rubio. He needs to show some respect to Toronto and stfu.

:hi5:

NYtilIdie
06-08-2010, 10:45 PM
This is what happens when you let your wife run your career

ink
06-08-2010, 11:04 PM
This is what happens when you let your wife run your career

You know that rumor was debunked right?

DerekRE_3
06-09-2010, 04:21 AM

You realize that Carl Landry is really good right?

thescore53
06-09-2010, 04:33 PM

i actually remember that, and i also remeber a kings fan saying whats so good about Toronto so we had to tell them what a great and world class city it was.

thescore53
06-09-2010, 04:36 PM
i wonder why he want to go to the kings though. there not making the playoffs next year in this tough conference where we saw all 8 teams win 50+ games

beasted86
06-09-2010, 05:11 PM
i wonder why he want to go to the kings though. there not making the playoffs next year in this tough conference where we saw all 8 teams win 50+ games

You could say something similar about why join the Raptors in the summer of 2009.

Orlando: Finals team
Portland: Playoffs team
Raptors: Lottery team

DerekRE_3
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM

Because he's familiar with the city and the organization. Who knows if he even said he wants to come back, there's no direct quote from him on this.

thescore53
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
yea but the raptor are in a weak conf and they made the playoffs the previous 2 season and missed it last year cause of the jermaine oneal experiment not working.

but the kings are in conf where even 46 wins might not be enough and judging by their 25 wins season this year doesnt look they'll increase by 20 + wins

thescore53
06-09-2010, 05:18 PM
hedo is tryna turns this around on us lol, we didnt want him first

beasted86
06-09-2010, 05:58 PM
yea but the raptor are in a weak conf and they made the playoffs the previous 2 season and missed it last year cause of the jermaine oneal experiment not working.

but the kings are in conf where even 46 wins might not be enough and judging by their 25 wins season this year doesnt look they'll increase by 20 + wins

Well either way, the Raptors (if Bosh leaves), and the Kings (unless they draft a lottery sleeper and sign a good free agent with their cap space) are going to both miss the playoffs.

I'd guess he'd rather play the way he likes to play and lose, rather than play a reduced role and lose as well.

sep11ie
06-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Kings are a young talented team. No sense in them bringing in a over paid player on the decline

Couldn't you just have put, "I love all Michigan teams" as your sig?

sep11ie
06-09-2010, 06:20 PM
You realize that Carl Landry is really good right?

He must be thinking its Marcus Landry.