PDA

View Full Version : Tom Thibodeau

GrumpyOldMan
06-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Does anyone else find it strange that Thibodeau agreed to coach Chicago while his current team is still playing in the finals?

Bullsfan22
06-07-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't think it will have an impact on his coaching in the Finals.

futureman
06-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Big deal, He will probably be fired in 2 years. Very typical of a team to always blame the coach and not the players.

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 06:26 PM
IMO he is not supposed to negotiate with any team coz i guess he is still under contract with the celtics and the celtics season is not yet over.....

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:32 PM
IMO he is not supposed to negotiate with any team coz i guess he is still under contract with the celtics and the celtics season is not yet over.....

The Celtics received requests from teams, and they granted permission for teams and Thibodeau to talk.

Red222
06-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Does anyone else find it strange that Thibodeau agreed to coach Chicago while his current team is still playing in the finals?

we received permission its no big deal

ItsTheLastAce
06-07-2010, 06:38 PM
I thought he'd wait to see what doc does after the finals. If Doc leaves then thibodeau could of taken over the celtics

GrumpyOldMan
06-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I know they had permission to negotiate. I just found it strange that it couldn't wait until the finals were over. His time should be spent watching video, not negotiating a new deal. Just my opinion.

TrueFan420
06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
he prob had nothing to do with negotiating the deal tho it was all his agent. however i do agree it could have waited till after the finals

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I know they had permission to negotiate. I just found it strange that it couldn't wait until the finals were over. His time should be spent watching video, not negotiating a new deal. Just my opinion.

didn't you hear that Lebron wanted the deal done quick.

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:47 PM
I thought he'd wait to see what doc does after the finals. If Doc leaves then thibodeau could of taken over the celtics

The Celtics made it clear to Thib that they didn't see him as their head coach. They saw him as a career assistant.

Red222
06-07-2010, 06:48 PM

celtics feel he isnt the guy to replace doc http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq_wCnL0GVqAr6nNMrWp_3S8vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510

The Celtics see him as a career assistant and wouldn’t even consider him as a candidate to replace Doc Rivers.

ItsTheLastAce
06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Oh ok thanks for the info.

magichatnumber9
06-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Celtics gave the Bulls permission, so I don't want to hear **** from you Bulls fans about 2 years ago in the playoffs.

Verbal Christ
06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
not really, he was just waiting for a better opportunity than new orleans and he got it, chicago is on the up and in great position to sigh a top FA and new orleans? umm no comment.

Red222
06-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Celtics gave the Bulls permission, so I don't want to hear **** from you Bulls fans about 2 years ago in the playoffs.

kick rocks man

X12Celtics3
06-07-2010, 07:37 PM
I really like Thibodeau and am not a big fan of Rivers, so I would have been perfectly happy with him taking over the team...

td0tsfinest
06-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Didn't the bulls want Thibodeau's answer before the finals? I think I read that somewhere.

Wilson
06-07-2010, 08:19 PM
I think it's weird that coaches can be allowed to negotiate and sign with other teams while their season is still underway. I always thought that it could screw with players' morale, knowing that one of their coaches had already signed with a different team while they're competing in the finals.

What if a player signed a contract with a different team while he was still playing in the finals?

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Didn't the bulls want Thibodeau's answer before the finals? I think I read that somewhere.

naww that was the hornets

The Ooh Child
06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
I would agree if this was college ball. But I'm pretty sure Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett aren't in the locker room all like "ZOMG, I can't believe Tom is leaving us, the season ain't even over yet. Does he not love us anymore :cry:". I'm sure he was congratulated by the players.

abe_froman
06-07-2010, 11:53 PM

that was the hornets

abe_froman
06-07-2010, 11:59 PM

it happens quite abit(carlisimo signing with the sonics while assisting the spurs finals,ect.) and there's no formal contract signing so it doesnt break any rules or anything.he wanted to do it

how does it take away from video time? let me ask you can you only do one thing a day, like you had to choose between posting this thread and talking to your friends...its too much effort to do both today?

Draco
06-08-2010, 12:00 AM
I think it's weird that coaches can be allowed to negotiate and sign with other teams while their season is still underway. I always thought that it could screw with players' morale, knowing that one of their coaches had already signed with a different team while they're competing in the finals.

What if a player signed a contract with a different team while he was still playing in the finals?

"We do not have any rules that prohibit a team from announcing a coaching hire during the Finals," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said. "In the Bulls case, because they have no plans to consummate any deal before the end of the Finals, we agreed that they should defer any announcement to the conclusion of the Finals."
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5254978

MaHaRaJaH
06-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Big deal, He will probably be fired in 2 years. Very typical of a team to always blame the coach and not the players.
Coaching is a big part of a team's success, See the Cavaliers.

Wilson
06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5254978

I know it's not against the rules, I just don't understand why it isn't.

phi2134
06-08-2010, 10:52 AM
He probably didn't want to miss out on his opportunity, a lot of teams seem like they are anxious to sign someone and he wanted to get in before the spots filled up maybe.

Southsideheat
06-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Its just coaches looking out for other coaches. Rivers wanted Thibodeau to get his chance. He wouldn't stay in the way of him finally being a head coach. Unfortunately, timing is a big deal in these hires, so thats why it had to happen during the finals.