PDA

View Full Version : Pierce to Celtics teammates: Ain't coming back to LA!

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Striking a similar tone as he did in Orlando in the Eastern Conference finals, Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce directed a bold prediction at Lakers fans in the final minutes of his team's victory in Game 2 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night in Los Angeles.

After Pau Gasol committed a hard foul on Kendrick Perkins with 1:12 remaining in Game 2 and the Celtics leading, 97-90, Pierce, as he helped his teammate off the floor along the baseline near the hoop was heard on video replays yelling, "We ain't coming back to LA!"

The Celtics evened the NBA Finals at a game apiece with a 103-94 victory on Sunday and can lock up their second NBA title in three years by winning the next three games -- all in Boston. Pierce, who grew up in Los Angeles, seemed to be referring to the possibility of the series not returning to the West Coast in his comment.

After leading the Celtics with 24 points in Game 1, Pierce struggled in Game 2, scoring 10 points on 2 of 11 shooting.

This isn't the first time during these playoffs that Pierce incited anger in an opposing team's fan base with a bold statement. After a Game 2 victory against the Magic in Orlando, which gave the Celtics a 2-0 series lead, Pierce looked into the camera during a postgame interview on ESPN and told Celtics fans "We're coming home to close it out."

A message also appears on Pierce's Twitter account inferring the Celtics were going to sweep the Magic, but Pierce later said the account was hacked and that message did not come from him.

The Celtics lost one of the next two games in Boston and returned to Orlando for Game 5, but eventually closed out the Magic in Game 6 in Boston.

:) http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5261222

kozelkid
06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Maybe the Lakers win all 3 in Boston? :shrug:
:D

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Very disrespectful from Pierce

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 04:19 PM

lol...... thats what i was thinking

Avenged
06-07-2010, 04:21 PM

:nod:

JordansBulls
06-07-2010, 04:22 PM

Yeah he should have said we are winning 3 in a row because LA could win 3 in a row. I highly doubt it though. I think Boston will win 2 of 3, not all 3.

tbone2171

:rolleyes: Why don't I think you would say that if Kobe said that...

tsb77
Hi hater. Pierce didn't say anything to the Laker fans, he said it to Kendrick Perkins in the middle of the game. That's not disrespectful, that's simply trying to pump up a teammate. The types of things that get reported on nowadays is ridiculous, this is doing nothing but trying to stir up trouble

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 04:23 PM

Yes I would. It was disrespectful for Pierce to say that against the Magic and it is now for the Lakers. He should be a professional. I just hate cocky players.

mikantsass
06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Like its not enough that we have to deal with the Laker fans, now Bulls fans want to take jabs at the C's.

jtchilln
06-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Yes I would. It was disrespectful for Pierce to say that against the Magic and it is now for the Lakers. He should be a professional. I just hate cocky players.

What NBA player isn't cocky? What player in the NBA isn't disrespectful?

Avenged
06-07-2010, 04:25 PM

Kobe wouldn't say something like that, it's not in his personality.

mikantsass
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM

Yet you have an enormous pic of Kobe in your sig...

Avenged
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Like its not enough that we have to deal with the Laker fans, now Bulls fans want to take jabs at the C's.

It's not like he made it up. It's an article on ESPN.

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 04:27 PM
i think its really dumb how the finals schedule is made. they should not have three games in a row in boston then the last two in LA if it goes that far.

jtchilln
06-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Kobe wouldn't say something like that, it's not in his personality.

what's he suppose to say, "we're only going to win 2 of 3....we'll be back in a few days."

it was a pumped up player in the heat of the moment making a comment to what looked like his teammate.

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 04:28 PM

who cares. does your brother play for the C's or something? it's in the human nature to hate.

tsb77
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM

How the **** is it disrespectful?? He said it in the heat of the moment to his teammate. Do you realize the types of things that get said on the court? To call it disrespectful is ignorant. You'd have a point if he said it in a press conference or an interview, but it being said on the court makes it a non-issue. I can guarantee Kobe has said much worse during a game.

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I dont have a problem with what Pierce said. he was just fired up. it wasn't like he came out and was like you guys suck and all that.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM
what's he suppose to say, "we're only going to win 2 of 3....we'll be back in a few days."

it was a pumped up player in the heat of the moment making a comment to what looked like his teammate.

How about not saying anything at all? It's not like someone asked him "Pierce, are you guys going to win all your home games?" during the game.

Anyways, I'm not the one complaining about this. Just saying it isn't in Kobe's personality to say something like that.

kozelkid
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM

Now you know how most fans feel dealing with your annoying, baiting comments. :)

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Ray Allen did say it best right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdlAS2GAwWw

igPay atinLay
Pierce was talking to his teammates in the excitement of the moment.

Why accuse him of addressing the fans with this.

DerekRE_3
Aaaaand who cares.

still1ballin
What NBA player isn't cocky? What player in the NBA isn't disrespectful?

This is the NBA finals. He is a professional. Lakers are a worthy opponent. Its not they had a cake walk to the finals, and last time I check its tied 1-1, I don't know why Pierce would be making those comments, because we all know one thing, not to piss of Kobe because it will bite you in the ***. I honestly don't see any other player saying comments like that

jtchilln
06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
How about not saying anything at all? It's not like someone asked him "Pierce, are you guys going to win all your home games?" during the game.

Anyways, I'm not the one complaining about this. Just saying it isn't in Kobe's personality to say something like that.

please don't tell me kobe isn't disrespectful. i think it was last year the guy walks up to Rondo after getting fouled and points his finger right in his face. IMO that is way more disrespectul than Pierce being pumped up and saying something to his TEAMMATE.

jtchilln
06-07-2010, 04:35 PM
This is the NBA finals. He is a professional. Lakers are a worthy opponent. Its not they had a cake walk to the finals, and last time I check its tied 1-1, I don't know why Pierce would be making those comments, because we all know one thing, not to piss of Kobe because it will bite you in the ***. I honestly don't see any other player saying comments like that

he was talking to his teammate....it's not like he made a statement during the post game press conference.

bostncelts34
06-07-2010, 04:36 PM
i really don't understand all the people who bash comments like Pierce's. What is he suppose to say? Yea, i think we will lose at home. he has got to be confident and let his team know what he expects from them, which is effort.

JordansBulls
06-07-2010, 04:37 PM
The whole good thing about this series is that there is really no advantage as far as being cocky. Both teams are probably the cockiest teams in the league.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 04:38 PM
he was talking to his teammate....it's not like he made a statement during the post game press conference.

So? He still said it. He basically took a jab to the Lakers. Obiviously the media was able to pick this up so he didn't do a good job in hiding it.

I don't care though, its still disrespectful as it was to the Magic in the ECF, but I like comments like these because time after time, Lakers use these things to fire them up and play that much harder, especially Kobe.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
The whole good thing about this series is that there is really no advantage as far as being cocky. Both teams are probably the cockiest teams in the league.

How are Lakers cocky?

jtchilln
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
So? He still said it. He basically took a jab to the Lakers. Obiviously the media was able to pick this up so he didn't do a good job in hiding it.

I don't care though, its still disrespectful as it was to the Magic in the ECF, but I like comments like these because time after time, Lakers use these things to fire them up and play that much harder, especially Kobe.

you keep saying "i don't care" but to me is sounds like sour grapes.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 04:41 PM
please don't tell me kobe isn't disrespectful. i think it was last year the guy walks up to Rondo after getting fouled and points his finger right in his face. IMO that is way more disrespectul than Pierce being pumped up and saying something to his TEAMMATE.

Okay.. I never said he wasn't disrespectful did I?

I said it isn't in Kobe's personality to say something like that.

And since you want to bring up something that happened in the past, here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11tN_xaBZ_w

Clearly Rondo shoves Kobe. What does Kobe do? points his finger at him. :rolleyes:

Yeah, mother use to tell me pointing was bad too.

unwantedplayer
06-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Like it couldn't be possible that the media misheard/misunderstood what he was saying, just like the Gasol incident? Everyone should be aware of how the media always misinterprets quotes to get more drama involved. Is it bad for a player, especially the captain, to increase morale and pride? Just because its Paul Pierce people start hating them. Now, if it were Kobe or LeBron, they would be all over his dick and applaud him and act like it was no big.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 04:42 PM
i really don't understand all the people who bash comments like Pierce's. What is he suppose to say? Yea, i think we will lose at home. he has got to be confident and let his team know what he expects from them, which is effort.

I understand, but you're a Celtics fan, do you mind him saying that? Its not like the Celtics have a 3-0 lead or 3-1. This series is going the distance and anything can happen. Knowing that the Lakers are a great reoad team and have Kobe Bryant, if I was a Celtic fan, I would be mad for him saying that. You would not want to give the other team more motivation.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 04:43 PM
you keep saying "i don't care" but to me is sounds like sour grapes.

Well that is your opinion and I cannot change that. I don't care what he says, even though its disrespectful, but hey if Lakers can use those comments to their advantage then I am all for it.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
well if ron artest keeps on playing like a dud and the lakers keep giving one of the greatest shooters of all time good looks, the celtics wont be coming back to LA

bostncelts34
06-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I understand, but you're a Celtics fan, do you mind him saying that? Its not like the Celtics have a 3-0 lead or 3-1. This series is going the distance and anything can happen. Knowing that the Lakers are a great reoad team and have Kobe Bryant, if I was a Celtic fan, I would be mad for him saying that. You would not want to give the other team more motivation.

I do not think he is worried about giving the lakers motivation, he is motivating his OWN team. he does not care what the lakers ,media or fans think. he wants to win and that's all.

yes, obviously im a C's fan. But i really don't think that matters, i would not be bashing any laker if they were in that position and said this. Its sports, it is competitive. Do i think they will win all 3 in boston? No. Does Paul Pierce and the celtics think/believe they can, hell yes. I would not want me team thinking otherwise. Would you want the lakers thinking they cant take all the games at home?

Rams Fan
06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Tfn

ShakeN'Bake
06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
If Pierce had said this to the media it would have been a problem. Looks like he was talking to some heckling fans to me so I don't see it as a problem.

Hellcrooner
guee ss he never heard be careful what you wish for.

Nothing would make me hwppier than end this **** in boston before their fans.

still1ballin
I do not think he is worried about giving the lakers motivation, he is motivating his OWN team. he does not care what the lakers ,media or fans think. he wants to win and that's all.

yes, obviously im a C's fan. But i really don't think that matters, i would not be bashing any laker if they were in that position and said this. Its sports, it is competitive. Do i think they will win all 3 in boston? No. Does Paul Pierce and the celtics think/believe they can, hell yes. I would not want me team thinking otherwise. Would you want the lakers thinking they cant take all the games at home?

Time well tell.

As a fan of the Lakers, I would of not want any of the players to say any comments that could fire up the other team. I did not like the comments of Gasol saying KG lost a step either because that can give KG the motivation to come out and play his best, unfortunately for the Celtics he was in foul trouble all night.

732_Franchise
06-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Once the Lakers win the Finals in Boston is he gonna say his account was hacked again?

the nightman
06-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Some of these Lakers fans need to quit being ****ing drama queens. It's like they look for reasons to bash other players so their little golden boy looks better.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Once the Lakers win the Finals in Boston is he gonna say his account was hacked again?

No, he actually said this during the game.

macc
06-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Lol the things that are thread worthy on psd. Honestly this is the FINALS. Trash gets talked all the time, before/after/during the games. I actually saw Pierce say what he did, looked like it was to some Laker fans who were trash talking him in the first place. Either way who cares. Trash talking is fun and part of the game. If you get butt hurt about it then don't watch or play sports because that's how it is.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Some of these Lakers fans need to quit being ****ing drama queens. It's like they look for reasons to bash other players so their little golden boy looks better.

This would make sense if a Lakers fan would have brought up Kobe into this but it wasn't a Lakers fan.

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Lol the things that are thread worthy on psd. Honestly this is the FINALS. Trash gets talked all the time, before/after/during the games. I actually saw Pierce say what he did, looked like it was to some Laker fans who were trash talking him in the first place. Either way who cares. Trash talking is fun and part of the game. If you get butt hurt about it then don't watch or play sports because that's how it is.

it brings more drama to the series.

tbone2171
06-07-2010, 05:00 PM

:clap:

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 05:00 PM
why was the title to this thread changed? i took the title from ESPN.com and that was their title.

CityofTreez
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM

:laugh2:

Truheatfan
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM

exactly i wouldnt be surprised if kobe said something like that nor am i surprised by pierce's comment. he said it to his teamate after gasol commited that excessive foul. both teams are cocky kobe makes that weird face when hes hot and rondo thinks he can beat chris johnson in a race. this series is going to be close.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
why was the title to this thread changed? i took the title from ESPN.com and that was their title.

Because the experts here know more than the experts on ESPN.

n83417
06-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Why is this an issue? Who cares about respect? This is the NBA. Everyone is fighting for their own personal or team accomplishments. In the NBA, in order to make it, you have to have a certain confidence, or cockiness, if you will.

Every player on each team respects the opposition in different ways. To say it was disrespectful is just stupid. How is it disrespectful? The second you disrespect ANY NBA player/Team, you will get burned.

What if Pierce is right? Hypothetically... What if Boston wins all three games? What if the Celtics don't go back to LA? Is it still disrespectful? He is showing confidence in his team. Pierce believes the Celtics are the better team, and what better time and place to display that confidence than there right on the court in the NBA Finals?

It was not the first time a player made a bold "Prediction" (which it was not necessarily a prediction) and it will not be the last.

ink
06-07-2010, 05:03 PM

Because it was reported and the title on ESPN is this:

Another bold comment from Pierce

He didn't say it to any fans, he said it to his teammates. It even says so in the article:

Pierce, as he helped his teammate off the floor along the baseline near the hoop was heard on video replays yelling, "We ain't coming back to LA!"

tbone2171
06-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Yeah, I'm sure Kobe Bryant is scouring PSD Forums for this kind of stuff

Evolution23
06-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Yeah Kobe Bryant is such a nice jolly fellow :rolleyes:

ink
06-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Non-issue if you ask me. Question: do Celtics players trash-talk? Do Lakers players trash-talk? Thought so. Non-issue.

Evolution23
06-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Kobe Bryant slapping alvin gentry's behind isn't cocky? Hes rubbing it in and showing off.. At least Pierce said it to his teamate and not to a reporter.

ink
06-07-2010, 05:08 PM
btw, how co-dependent have we become when we take trash-talking from a player personally?

He didn't say it to anyone except his own teammate. And even if he said it into a microphone, the co-dependence point still stands. Why take trash-talk personally? He didn't say it about anyone here.

td0tsfinest
06-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Them be fighting words.

Its uphill battle for the Lakers right now. The Celtics have only lost 2 games at home so far in the playoffs.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Kobe Bryant is scouring PSD Forums for this kind of stuff

They just addressed this in Around the Horn lol

ink
06-07-2010, 05:11 PM
They just addressed this in Around the Horn lol

What? That Kobe is logged in at PSD? :cool:

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Kobe Bryant slapping alvin gentry's behind isn't cocky? Hes rubbing it in and showing off.. At least Pierce said it to his teamate and not to a reporter.

You can be cocky only if you can back it up. I think Kobe has every right to do that to Gentry after that performance he put in game 6. As far as Pierce, he hasn't done squat in the first 2 games for him to be like that.

JordansBulls
06-07-2010, 05:12 PM
How are Lakers cocky?

They asked the Lakers about how do you prepare for Utah or Denver, and it was mentioned that we don't need to prepare for them.

Then when it got to Phoenix it was said that the Lakers are still angry from a few years back.

Unruly Fan
06-07-2010, 05:12 PM
How about not caring about what he said in the first place?

showtym24
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Iam glad he said that. Im sure every laker heard it.

RadiantShot
06-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Is there a point for me even rooting for each team? I may as well not even watch the Finals. These cocky kids can't get enough of themselves. Laker fans talking about the refs in humpty-leven' threads, and Paul Pierce doing this..? Should have been a Magic/Suns final.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 05:15 PM
They asked the Lakers about how do you prepare for Utah or Denver, and it was mentioned that we don't need to prepare for them.

Then when it got to Phoenix it was said that the Lakers are still angry from a few years back.

As for your first statement, can you provide a link for me.

As for the second statement, :facepalm: how is that being cocky? They were angry that the Suns kicked the Lakers *** in those 2 years in the first round. Thats being cocky? Really JB? Its the same way Lakers are angry after the 39 pt loss in the 08 finals.

NYKstateOFmind
Ya it sounds like the same old song to me. He shouldn't jinx himself twice .

still1ballin
Is there a point for me even rooting for each team? I may as well not even watch the Finals. These cocky kids can't get enough of themselves. Laker fans talking about the refs in humpty-leven' threads, and Paul Pierce doing this..? Should have been a Magic/Suns final.

Those two teams arn't good enough to be in the finals.

Sorry

n83417
06-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Iam glad he said that. Im sure every laker heard it.

If the Lakers need it to get motivated, that is pathetic. If they honestly need bulletin board material in the freakin NBA Finals then they deserve to lose.

However... The Lakers probably don't care. The Lakers probably feel the series is not coming back to LA either. LA is confident in their ability to win all three. That is the competitive nature of sports.

Each team thinks they are better. Every player thinks they are the best at something.

Pierce is confident. So is every Celtic, so is every Laker. This just happened to get caught on tape. Imagine what is said off camera?

ink
06-07-2010, 05:18 PM
If the Lakers need it to get motivated, that is pathetic. If they honestly need bulletin board material in the freakin NBA Finals then they deserve to lose.

However... The Lakers probably don't care. The Lakers probably feel the series is not coming back to LA either. LA is confident in their ability to win all three. That is the competitive nature of sports.

Each team thinks they are better. Every player thinks they are the best at something.

Pierce is confident. So is every Celtic, so is every Laker. This just happened to get caught on tape. Imagine what is said off camera?

This.

The really sad thing is that fans get worked up over nothing so often. Come on guys, this is trivial.

Unruly Fan
You can be cocky only if you can back it up. I think Kobe has every right to do that to Gentry after that performance he put in game 6. As far as Pierce, he hasn't done squat in the first 2 games for him to be like that.Well Pierce was Finals MVP 2 years ago when they beat LA to win the Championship.

Therefore I understand his confidence.

ko8e24

Kobe might be known for a lot of negative things like the rape case, feuds with Shaq, proving a point to his teammates by not shooting, getting into scuffles with players from time to time.

BUT

The one thing Kobe has never done is put down an opponent or team or dis them in any way. He's never done it, because as Avenged24 said, it's not in his personality to be a douche in that way. Paul Pierce is a bonified, Grade A douche who has 0% respect for his opponents. Plain and simple.

And the Lakers will make him and the Celtics eat their words the rest of the way.

Lakers in 6.

REPEAT AND CHAMPIONSHIP NO. SWEET 16!

still1ballin

:confused:

n83417

Magic Suns final would have been boring. Oh well, neither team advanced so I'm glad no one had to endure that.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 05:19 PM
...besides win Finals MVP 2 years ago when they beat LA to win the Championship.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this series:facepalm:

ko8e24
06-07-2010, 05:20 PM
This.

The really sad thing is that fans get worked up over nothing so often. Come on guys, this is trivial.

The Lakers motivation is initiated by Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, and Phil Jackson......

nuff said.

Avenged
How about not caring about what he said in the first place?

How about reading my earlier posts in this thread before you call me out?

still1ballin
This.

Its not like a Lakers fan created this thread.

n83417
06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
:confused:

I'm sure the Lakers are confident in their ability to take 3 in Boston. No team says "Lets win 1 or 2 out of three". LA is going to Boston to win the series. The same way Boston would love to close it out at home.

Both scenarios are incredibly unlikely, but... Both teams are confident.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Well Pierce was Finals MVP 2 years ago when they beat LA to win the Championship.

Yeah, I guess I'd be cocky about something that happened 2 years ago when it means nothing in this series as well.

jackdawson
06-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Anyone who blames Pierce for that is a ****head!! I mean WTF do you want him to say???? He is the leader of his team and you want him to say "we are gonna lose one or two games at home so we are coming back here"??? Whatever he said is called professionalism. Go get a life please if you don't like it.

Avenged
This.

What's really sad is that a Bulls fan made this thread and a non Lakers fan brought Kobe into this.

RadiantShot
Magic Suns final would have been boring. Oh well, neither team advanced so I'm glad no one had to endure that.

I know, but at least people on those teams deserve there first rings, and it wouldn't be a big cocky-mess.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm sure the Lakers are confident in their ability to take 3 in Boston. No team says "Lets win 1 or 2 out of three". LA is going to Boston to win the series. The same way Boston would love to close it out at home.

Both scenarios are incredibly unlikely, but... Both teams are confident.

Of course their mentality is to get all 3. Both teams mentality is to win every game. But I am sure they are realistic that it probably won't happen. Their goal is to get one and regain HCA. Getting more than 1 game is always big as well.

CityofTreez
06-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Are we really arguing whether the Lakers are not a cocky team?

Didn't Phil Jackson come out and slander Kevin Durant?
Ron Artest didn't throw Trevor Ariza's shoe into the stands in a game?
Pau Gasol didn't just say Kevin Garnett lost a step after Game1?
The Lakers are cocky, they convinced ESPN to hire one of their minority owners in magic Johnson to analyze their games!

I may be wrong, but the Lakers are one of the most cockiest teams in the NBA, but then again, they win and back it up! What, 3 straight NBA Finals appearances or something

Avenged
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Are we really arguing whether the Lakers are not a cocky team?

Didn't Phil Jackson come out and slander Kevin Durant?
Ron Artest didn't throw Trevor Ariza's shoe into the stands in a game?
Pau Gasol didn't just say Kevin Garnett lost a step after Game1?
The Lakers are cocky, they convinced ESPN to hire one of their minority owners in magic Johnson to analyze their games!

I may be wrong, but the Lakers are one of the most cockiest teams in the NBA, but then again, they win and back it up! What, 3 straight NBA Finals appearances or something

That isn't being cocky. Not very good examples :p

celtisox41
06-07-2010, 05:31 PM
The Lakers motivation is initiated by Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, and Phil Jackson......

nuff said.

Hahaha the zen master motivating someone? More like put them to sleep by pretending to coach. He's a better acting coach than NBA coach

MacFitz92
06-07-2010, 05:32 PM

I agree, it's extremely disrespectful to make it clear that you don't intend to lose a game. The polite thing to do is just say you want to win 2 out of 3, and let L.A. win a game. Because manners are important when it comes to sports. You wouldn't want to offend Kobe or Ron Ron.

CityofTreez
06-07-2010, 05:34 PM
That isn't being cocky. Not very good examples :p

yeah. And giving Chris Rock courtside seats isn't?

ink
06-07-2010, 05:36 PM

nuff said.

And the Celtics motivation is initiated by their leaders, which would include Pierce.

So we agree, this is a non-issue.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 05:36 PM
yeah. And giving Chris Rock courtside seats isn't?

Giving someone courtside seats is being cocky nowadays?

n83417
06-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Of course their mentality is to get all 3. Both teams mentality is to win every game. But I am sure they are realistic that it probably won't happen. Their goal is to get one and regain HCA. Getting more than 1 game is always big as well.

So after saying that, is there anything wrong with what Pierce said?

ink
Its not like a Lakers fan created this thread.

I'm not pointing a finger at ANY individual fan base. I'm just stating the obvious about fans in general who get upset about stuff like this.

Avenged
I agree, it's extremely disrespectful to make it clear that you don't intend to lose a game. The polite thing to do is just say you want to win 2 out of 3, and let L.A. win a game. Because manners are important when it comes to sports. You wouldn't want to offend Kobe or Ron Ron.

No but I agree with the last sentence.

n83417
06-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm not pointing a finger at ANY individual fan base. I'm just stating the obvious about fans in general who get upset about stuff like this.

On top of that (you were responding to my post) my post didn't call out a fan base, or player.

CityofTreez
06-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Giving someone courtside seats is being cocky nowadays?

whatever Laker guy.

the very notion that pau Gasol yapped his trap after Game 1 isn't as cocky as Paul Pierce (their most tenured player) having faith in his team after winning a game in Staples.

Like I said, Phil Jackson argued that kevin Durant gets too many foul calls. That's your coach saying that! You can take it however, but to me, that is one cocky SOB for having coached a guy like Kobe Bryant!

n83417
06-07-2010, 05:43 PM
whatever Laker guy.

the very notion that pau Gasol yapped his trap after Game 1 isn't as cocky as Paul Pierce (their most tenured player) having faith in his team after winning a game in Staples.

Like I said, Phil Jackson argued that kevin Durant gets too many foul calls. That's your coach saying that! You can take it however, but to me, that is one cocky SOB for having coached a guy like Kobe Bryant!

Phil Jackson started working the officials before the series even started. He said the Celtics get away with a lot of physical play.

thekmp211
06-07-2010, 05:48 PM
who. cares.

WHO CARES?

WHO. CARES?!?!

I don't get it. What kind of attitude do you want the guy to have. I love Pierce, he is the consumate competitor. There is a reason all of you are whining behind PSD accounts instead of compteting at a high level. Competitors like Paul Pierce would make you pee your pants. Do you think Kobe and company give two ***** about what Paul Pierce said?? No. So get over it and hope for a great rest of the series.

Unreal.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't see how Phil Jackson is cocky by saying Durant gets too many foul calls or how Garnett slaps a lot, or even how Nash doesn't get called for carries. If anything, bash him for trying to get an advantage by refs that way. But I don't see the cockiness in that.

avrpatsfan
06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
No it's called being confident. Do his Celtics teammates want him to say "We might win 2 out of 3 if we put out a good effort" No.

Pacman15
06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Lakers may get lucky and take one in Boston but that is very unlikely.

CityofTreez
06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't see how Phil Jackson is cocky by saying Durant gets too many foul calls or how Garnett slaps a lot, or even how Nash doesn't get called for carries. If anything, bash him for trying to get an advantage by refs that way. But I don't see the cockiness in that.

I know. You root for his team!

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Because it was reported and the title on ESPN is this:

He didn't say it to any fans, he said it to his teammates. It even says so in the article:

no, thats only when you click on the actual title and go into the story it says that. when you go into espn.com its on the right hand side on the page on the cover or even when you click on NBA.

Pierce to laker fans

but i guess it doesnt matter

Avenged
06-07-2010, 06:00 PM
I know. You root for his team!

Yes, but since when is being cocky a bad thing? I would be okay with my team being like that, so I'm really not defending PJ at all. I just don't think getting an "advantage" the way he's always done it is being cocky.

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Yes, but since when is being cocky a bad thing? I would be okay with my team being like that, so I'm really not defending PJ at all. I just don't think getting an "advantage" the way he's always done it is being cocky.

So if being cocky is OK, is there anything wrong with Pierce's comment?

masalex1205
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi hater. Pierce didn't say anything to the Laker fans, he said it to Kendrick Perkins in the middle of the game. That's not disrespectful, that's simply trying to pump up a teammate. The types of things that get reported on nowadays is ridiculous, this is doing nothing but trying to stir up trouble

x1000

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
You can be cocky only if you can back it up. I think Kobe has every right to do that to Gentry after that performance he put in game 6. As far as Pierce, he hasn't done squat in the first 2 games for him to be like that.

Pierce did a pretty nice job on Kobe in game 2. And this is a team game. Pierce is cocky as a team player. Does he have to score 40 points a game to be cocky?

Or is it ok when your guy does it, but not when someone is cocky on the Celtics?

MacFitz92
06-07-2010, 06:05 PM
No but I agree with the last sentence.

True, if you get Ron Ron even more angry he might chuck up even more 3s.

magichatnumber9
06-07-2010, 06:06 PM

I don't care though, its still disrespectful as it was to the Magic in the ECF, but I like comments like these because time after time, Lakers use these things to fire them up and play that much harder, especially Kobe.How many times you tell your mother you hate her when she takes your playstation away? Doesn't mean you really hate her.

TheWatcher34
06-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Pierce needs to step up his game for the upcoming games.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 06:08 PM
So if being cocky is OK, is there anything wrong with Pierce's comment?

Your asking the wrong person. Don't assume because I'm a Lakers fan that I find Pierce's comments inappropriate.

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:08 PM

He did a nice job on Kobe in game 2. I think he should stay defensive minded, and his points will come.

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Your asking the wrong person. Don't assume because I'm a Lakers fan that I find Pierce's comments inappropriate.

I didn't assume. I asked a question. And you dodged it. So? Do you have a problem with his comment?

JWO35
06-07-2010, 06:10 PM
If they continue to play like they did last night, they won't have to go back to LA

ink
06-07-2010, 06:10 PM
no, thats only when you click on the actual title and go into the story it says that. when you go into espn.com its on the right hand side on the page on the cover or even when you click on NBA.

Pierce to laker fans

but i guess it doesnt matter

The point is he didn't really say it to Lakers fans and someone here (not a Lakers or Celtics fan) correctly pointed that out. He said it to his teammates.

ESPN just wants to stir up **** to get more hits on the article.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I didn't assume. I asked a question. And you dodged it. So? Do you have a problem with his comment?

Your asking me because I root for the Lakers.

I just finished telling someone else I would be okay with the Lakers being that way.

That should answer your question.

magichatnumber9
06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves getting heated about something being said in the heat of a battle. What you think Kobe's reading your weak *** comments and using your tears as fuel for the mamba machine. N. please

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:13 PM

I just finished telling someone else I would be okay with the Lakers being that way.

That should answer your question.

I give up, honestly, I confused you with still1ballin. Sorry about that.

StickyGreenFan

how bout jus keeping ur mouth shut?? if ur confident let ur game talk for u

Avenged

I'm pretty sure he has this in mind after making a bold prediction.

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:14 PM
how bout jus keeping ur mouth shut?? if ur confident let ur game talk for u

Are we back to square 1? He was talking to a teammate.

Indi23
06-07-2010, 06:18 PM

You didnt just say that.

n83417
06-07-2010, 06:20 PM
You didnt just say that.

Oh yes he did!

JordanPippen
06-07-2010, 06:22 PM

really? physically touching the coach on the opposing team is more disrespectful than saying a comment intended for your own teammate.

JordanPippen
06-07-2010, 06:23 PM

no it should not have been

magichatnumber9
06-07-2010, 06:24 PM
It's funny you take one tone here and another in the Lakers forum. Stay consistent.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 08:14 PM
It's funny you take one tone here and another in the Lakers forum. Stay consistent.

Go ahead and quote me of what I said about this matter in the Lakers forum.

...I'll wait.

CityofTreez
06-07-2010, 08:26 PM

And you just admitted that they were guilty of being cocky.

That's all I wanted out of you. That the Lakers were just as cocky as any other team in the NBA

fadedmario
06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
LA will win 3 in Boston now. Pierce is lucky he has Rondo. It took Allen breaking the 3 point record just to win a game against LA. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 08:34 PM
And you just admitted that they were guilty of being cocky.

That's all I wanted out of you. That the Lakers were just as cocky as any other team in the NBA

I never admitted anything. I said I would be okay with it in the first "paragraph". And in the second I'm saying PJ isn't cocky.

Seriously, why is everyone making stuff up?

Anyways, there's no problem with being cocky either way. Just cause I'm a Lakers fan don't assume anything, like I told someone else already.

Oh yeah and the Lakers are cocky, sure. There's nothing wrong with that, I don't see why you want me to admit it but there you go.

magichatnumber9
06-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Go ahead and quote me of what I said about this matter in the Lakers forum.

...I'll wait. U havin fun?

n83417
06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
I never admitted anything. I said I would be okay with it in the first "paragraph". And in the second I'm saying PJ isn't cocky.

Anyways, there's no problem with being cocky either way. Just cause I'm a Lakers fan don't assume anything, like I told someone else already.

Oh yeah and the Lakers are cocky, sure. There's nothing wrong with that, I don't see why you want me to admit it but there you go.

I hate Phil Jackson. Biggest fraud in the history of sports.

CityofTreez
06-07-2010, 08:44 PM

I was jus responding to stillballin's comment and you jumped in and responded to me

tr4shb0t
06-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Not when there's millions of dollars to be made per game. No chance.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 08:55 PM
U havin fun?

I'm just really wondering where you got that from.

Avenged
I hate Phil Jackson. Biggest fraud in the history of sports.

Yeah, people hate winners.

shep33
i think its really dumb how the finals schedule is made. they should not have three games in a row in boston then the last two in LA if it goes that far.

I agree, the finals sched is messed up, if you don't win both of your 2 home games its a huge disadvantage.

But LA shouldn't be too worried, even if they pick up 1/3 in Boston they go back to staples for a game 6 at home... then game 7 where anything can happen. Obviously this format was made in favor of getting a 7 game series, which I think is pretty wrong. But in the end the better team still always wins.

FOBolous
06-07-2010, 08:56 PM

omg. stop being a cry baby. i've heard things a lot worse on the playground.

Sergio1984
06-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I can't believe Lakers fans crying and moaning about this. Like others have stated, Pierce is trying to pump up his own guys and that's all. I hate both teams but crap like this makes me want the Celtics to really win.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I was jus responding to stillballin's comment and you jumped in and responded to me

You didn't quote anyone and all I said to you was the examples weren't really good. lol

FOBolous
06-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I can't believe Lakers fans crying and moaning about this. Like others have stated, Pierce is trying to pump up his own guys and that's all. I hate both teams but crap like this makes me want the Celtics to really win.

why are you even surprised? they do this all the time.

n83417
06-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah, people hate winners.

If he leaves following the season, LA will not suffer one bit. They will be right back in the Finals next year.

When teams are declining, he leaves. When a team is on the rise, he comes back. He is smart and good at picking the right jobs to make himself look good once the right pieces are in place.

D1JM
06-07-2010, 09:08 PM

but pierce is the best player in the world. He even stated that

D1JM
06-07-2010, 09:08 PM

but its cuz he disrespect lakers nation :p

Avenged
06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
If he leaves following the season, LA will not suffer one bit. They will be right back in the Finals next year.

When teams are declining, he leaves. When a team is on the rise, he comes back. He is smart and good at picking the right jobs to make himself look good once the right pieces are in place.

Whatever the case may be, he'll still go down as one of the greatest coach of all time if not the greatest.

CowboysKB24
06-07-2010, 09:25 PM
No big deal.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I agree, the finals sched is messed up, if you don't win both of your 2 home games its a huge disadvantage.

But LA shouldn't be too worried, even if they pick up 1/3 in Boston they go back to staples for a game 6 at home... then game 7 where anything can happen. Obviously this format was made in favor of getting a 7 game series, which I think is pretty wrong. But in the end the better team still always wins.

4-3-4 is a good format. It takes on more of a HCA feel to it. The Lakers have to live in Boston for a weak in the middle and vice versa except at the beginning and end.

The Jokemaker
06-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Too bad he forgot to consult the refs on how the games in Boston were going to go. Thats the key factor.

Sergio1984
06-07-2010, 09:45 PM
why are you even surprised? they do this all the time.

I just don't see how you can take that as an insult. There is NOTHING that he said that is wrong with that and like others have stated, Kobe is just as bad so they really shouldn't even be crying about it. If Kobe said it he would be "saying what a leader would of said."

DaVille
06-07-2010, 09:47 PM
This is another fake controversy just like the Pau Gasol one. Media would be better off analyzing the actual game.

On that note, I LOVE IT!!

shep33
06-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Ahh who really cares, didn't he do this against Orlando and it backfired on him? They lost 2 straight games after he said that.

And really Pierce hasn't showed up offensively this series, so I don't think the Lakers actually care about what he says as long as he ain't scoring.

Lakersho
06-07-2010, 10:15 PM
This is another fake controversy just like the Pau Gasol one. Media would be better off analyzing the actual game.

On that note, I LOVE IT!!

I dont get the hype,hell i dig it. him saying that gets his guys jazzed up , and more reason for the lakers to play with passion ... hell talk all the shite you want , now back it up...

Nirvanaskurdt
06-07-2010, 10:37 PM
:shrug:

RipVW
06-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Ahh who really cares, didn't he do this against Orlando and it backfired on him? They lost 2 straight games after he said that.

And really Pierce hasn't showed up offensively this series, so I don't think the Lakers actually care about what he says as long as he ain't scoring.

No. Pierce said that after game 2 against the Magic. The Celtics won game 3 and then lost games 3 and 4.

lakersfan211
06-07-2010, 11:35 PM
a city of cheaters , chokers and *******s , connect the dots , not talking about the boston fans .

Yanks All Day
06-07-2010, 11:45 PM
No. Pierce said that after game 2 against the Magic. The Celtics won game 3 and then lost games 3 and 4.

That's impressive.

But on another note, excuse him for pumping up his team. This isn't news at all. He was fired up and its not like he directed it at the Lakers or anyone personally. He was excited for a big win and the taking of home court.

KmB728
06-07-2010, 11:49 PM

I know Kobe would just do that stupid thing where he puts his bottom teeth out in front of his top teeth... or he would do another all white photo shoot :cool:

bigsams50
06-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I know Kobe would just do that stupid thing where he puts his bottom teeth out in front of his top teeth... or he would do another all white photo shoot :cool:

http://dudeiscrazy.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/kobe-mean-face.jpg

blah-blah
06-07-2010, 11:55 PM
thats why i hate the celtics theyre so cocky

ToldYa
06-07-2010, 11:59 PM
what he should have said is "we are going to lose the next three games! yea!!"

Avenged
06-08-2010, 12:07 AM

http://dudeiscrazy.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/kobe-mean-face.jpg

:laugh2: Looks like the perfect prototype of cockiness to me.

robdizzle3
06-08-2010, 12:08 AM

Fouls get harder than they are supposed to out there and Rondo happened to give one to Kobe and he took exception to that. Two different things in my book.

robdizzle3
06-08-2010, 12:11 AM
what he should have said is "we are going to lose the next three games! yea!!"

He was never asked anything, so he didnt have to say anything. Not saying its that big of a deal, but people are gonna take it how they want to. Like when the Celtics just ran away with the Gasol story, not reading or hearing what he said before that. Like I said, its not that big of a deal, but nobody asked Pierce anything, so that arguement of him saying the Lakers are gonna win is thrown out.

hugepatsfan
06-08-2010, 12:35 AM
I was critical of Pierce for what he did against ORL. But this is a BS story. He was clearly just trying to say something to keep Perk from busting Pau's face in after that cheap shot. He was only trying to keep Perk's mind on the series and keep him from getting a tech (and the ensuing suspension).

Unruly Fan
06-08-2010, 09:29 AM

My point was no one had to ask him anything. There are a number of reasons why he said what he said but it wasn't even that bad. Earlier posts even state that he said this to Perkins while helping him up. If so, maybe people should mind their business and stop starting all kinds of stupid un-neccessary controversial bull-ish over the smallest things.

Yeah, I guess I'd be cocky about something that happened 2 years ago when it means nothing in this series as well.The Laker/Boston rivalry has been going on for decades but I guess that means nothing to this series as well.

MK-E-MK
06-08-2010, 09:34 AM

:clap: I was thinking the same thing.

But, yeah. I'm hoping Boston take these 3 games at home.

JoeSchroeduh
06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Why would he think anything BUT "we're going to win 3 in a row and take this thing at home"

You want him to say "We'll see you in game 6 after we lose a game or 2 at home!!!"??

joeshmoe
06-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I know, but at least people on those teams deserve there first rings, and it wouldn't be a big cocky-mess.

Had the magic had a little attitude they might be in the Finals this year. I would rather have a cocky player on my team, playing his heart out, than someone who doesn't care. It's passion.

AK-50
06-08-2010, 10:01 AM
every year theres a new reason to hate Peirce

joeshmoe
06-08-2010, 10:02 AM

Should have been, could have been, but those teams lost. Losers don't play for championships. No it shouldn't have been, at all. And had Garnett been healthy last year I'm not sure the Magic would have been in the Finals at all.

AK-50
06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Should have been, could have been, but those teams lost. Losers don't play for championships. No it shouldn't have been, at all. And had Garnett been healthy last year I'm not sure the Magic would have been in the Finals at all.

hahaha your name reminds me of my gamertag for xbox live except its spelled Joe Schmo

Caps1989
06-08-2010, 10:50 AM
hahaha your name reminds me of my gamertag for xbox live except its spelled Joe Schmo

first time i saw it i thought it said "joes homo"

JordansBulls
06-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Why would he think anything BUT "we're going to win 3 in a row and take this thing at home"

You want him to say "We'll see you in game 6 after we lose a game or 2 at home!!!"??

Good point.

Tony_Starks
06-08-2010, 02:44 PM
more like "I aint coming back to Inglewood......" His pass has been revoked!

Bluffmasta
06-08-2010, 11:51 PM
looks liek pierce was wrong, losing the first game in boston means there will be another game in la

gbpackers12
06-08-2010, 11:52 PM
looks liek pierce was wrong, losing the first game in boston means there will be another game in la

Or maybe Lakers win the next two in Boston. Never know, maybe he was right. :shrug:

CowboysKB24
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Who ever knew Pierce was going to be right? He is a smart guy.

Chill_Will_24
06-08-2010, 11:53 PM
This is why idiots like Paul Pierce shouldnt talk ahead of themselves. God i hate that guy

fadedmario
06-08-2010, 11:58 PM
This is why idiots like Paul Pierce shouldnt talk ahead of themselves. God i hate that guy

x2 Congrats to the Lakers. The series is over. Phil Jackson has never lost in the Finals after winning game 1. Since the NBA went to a 2-3-2 format (1985). When a series has been 1-1, the winner of game 3 has won the title everytime (10-0). It's over.

nitric
06-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Paulina knew it's Lakers in 5. Nice call

still1ballin
06-09-2010, 12:00 AM
How fast things change.

Hmm Maybe Pierce is right, its not gonna go back to L.A.

Avenged
06-09-2010, 12:00 AM
My point was no one had to ask him anything. There are a number of reasons why he said what he said but it wasn't even that bad. Earlier posts even state that he said this to Perkins while helping him up. If so, maybe people should mind their business and stop starting all kinds of stupid un-neccessary controversial bull-ish over the smallest things.

The Laker/Boston rivalry has been going on for decades but I guess that means nothing to this series as well.

Yeah, I guess I would be cocky about something that happened over 20 years ago. I mean, seriously?

Lakers4ItAll
06-09-2010, 12:11 AM

:D :clap:

td0tsfinest
06-09-2010, 12:18 AM
How fast things change.

oo snap

Mplsman
06-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Gotta bite your tongue when ur playin the lakers fool.

kblo247
06-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Anyone see this when Fisher was told about Pierce saying they weren't going back to LA before game 3?

http://cbs2.com/video/?id=136778

Derek Fisher went stone cold killer on that *** and may make him eat them :laugh2:

LADODGERDAVID
06-09-2010, 12:26 AM
lakers!!! All day everyday!! Paul pierce is a idiot!!!! He just ate his words tonight!! Like i said lakers in 6!!!!

JordansBulls
06-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Anyone see this when Fisher was told about Pierce saying they weren't going back to LA before game 3?

Derek Fisher went stone cold killer on that *** and may make him eat them :laugh2:

IDB Josh M
06-09-2010, 12:31 AM

If there is anyone on the Lakers that "hates" the Celtics, its Derek Fisher. First, in 2008 when Ray Allen accepted the ESPY award for the Boston Celtics, Allen said, "won another one in LA." Fisher just went cold. Now this .... HAH!

Edit: I watched it again, and ... you know fish is cold blooded serious because ... he didn't even blink. How do you not crack a smile while staying quiet while being questioned.

Stunner
06-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Not going back to LA for sure cuz the Lakers gonna win the next two lol.

Avenged
06-09-2010, 12:41 AM
If there is anyone on the Lakers that "hates" the Celtics, its Derek Fisher. First, in 2008 when Ray Allen accepted the ESPY award for the Boston Celtics, Allen said, "won another one in LA." Fisher just went cold. Now this .... HAH!

Edit: I watched it again, and ... you know fish is cold blooded serious because ... he didn't even blink. How do you not crack a smile while staying quiet while being questioned.

No doubt, especially after today's win in Boston, you could tell how much it meant for him. He's really living up the rivalry between these 2 teams and that's always great to see. Getting teary in the end proves how much it means to help to beat Boston.

superkegger
06-09-2010, 12:42 AM

That is awesome...gotta love d-fish.

Mplsman
06-09-2010, 12:47 AM

Hilarious. Put the lakers on his back tonight.

NBA-GMaster
06-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Im a Kobe hater but Pierce got too cocky by saying that.. Im betting now on Lakers because of Paul Pierce's arrogant attitude.. If the Celtics win this championship, I wish Rondo or Garnett win the MVP finals..

Avenged
06-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Im a Kobe hater but Pierce got too cocky by saying that.. Im betting now on Lakers because of Paul Pierce's arrogant attitude.. If the Celtics win this championship, I wish Rondo or Garnett win the MVP finals..

Well it definitely isn't going to be Pierce, not at this point.

He hasn't really done much to help his team. Yes his D has been good but when looking at Finals MVP, they go by stats. If Boston wins this series, it's going to be because Rondo found a way to dominate like he has been all season.

rjvacad
06-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm not predicting this, but PP could still be right if boston doesn't win another game.

ToldYa
06-09-2010, 12:58 AM
x2 Congrats to the Lakers. The series is over. Phil Jackson has never lost in the Finals after winning game 1. Since the NBA went to a 2-3-2 format (1985). When a series has been 1-1, the winner of game 3 has won the title everytime (10-0). It's over.

i forgot lakers won 4 games already?

shep33
06-09-2010, 01:00 AM
This series ain't nowhere near over (Lakers fan here), but gosh how big of an Epic FAIL would that be if LA won the next two?

Boston has to win game 4, so pressure is on them, but if LA takes 1 out of 2 coming up, this one's over. Expect boston to play well next game.

JNA17
06-09-2010, 01:03 AM
PP you might be on to something after all. Lakers win the next 2 and you will look like cleo!

LA_Raiders
06-09-2010, 01:12 AM
NO they wont

leftymo
06-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Pierce = Truth.... LA isn't in Boston to win just one game...

So he might be right.

leftymo
06-09-2010, 01:28 AM
i forgot lakers won 4 games already?

Lakers are in control of this series... after halfway through the first the Lakers never trailed. That's a pretty dominant effort. Very similar to game 1. Game 2, LA was up 3 and choked it away...

DodgerBulls
06-09-2010, 01:39 AM

and Kobe doing the flying mamba back in the WCF is not disrespectful?

JNA17
06-09-2010, 01:43 AM

ummmm....what?

Avenged
06-09-2010, 01:53 AM
ummmm....what?

still1ballin
06-09-2010, 02:03 AM

He did that when we finished off the suns. Its not like he did that after game 1. He knows anything can happen and its too long of a serious so start being cocky.

THE MTL
06-09-2010, 02:09 AM
Well, Paul Pierce sure DIDNT so ***** in Game 3 to ensure that they aint coming back to LA. The dude was garbage.

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2010, 02:11 AM
LOL @ Pierce. He is the epitome of arrogance and douchebaggery. The funny part about it is that in hindsight, he has predicted his team to lose in 5. :laugh2:

ElMarroAfamado
06-09-2010, 02:13 AM
the celtics really suck
rondo and tony allen cant make a shot if their lives depended on it
ray allen is their only shooter and when he is off its over..

kblo247
06-09-2010, 02:16 AM
LOL @ Pierce. He is the epitome of arrogance and douchebaggery. The funny part about it is that in hindsight, he has predicted his team to lose in 5. :laugh2:

http://i48.tinypic.com/ma9nyt.jpg

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2010, 02:28 AM

:laugh2: I love that clip. My buddy and I were telling everybody about it at YardHouse. Pierce is a dumbass. Fisher was motivated by those idiotic comments and ended up being the hero.

robdizzle3
06-09-2010, 02:49 AM
The look on Fisher's face was epic and you can just imagine what him and Kobe or the whole team thought about that.

Avenged
06-09-2010, 03:01 AM
The look on Fisher's face was epic and you can just imagine what him and Kobe or the whole team thought about that.

I would kill to know what they had to say about it off the record.

robdizzle3
06-09-2010, 03:05 AM

Im sayin though lol. If Fisher had that reaction in public to reporters, just think what went on in the lockeroom. I bet Pierce was so many ******* Boys and mother***** lol.

Switch
06-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Gotta love Fisher's reaction to the Pierce question.

Rams Fan
06-09-2010, 03:44 AM

:laugh:

RadiantShot
06-09-2010, 09:18 AM
:laugh:
Oh, yes, you are going back, Paul.

Avenged
06-09-2010, 10:56 AM
How ironic would it be if the Celtics really don't end up coming back to L.A, with the Lakers winning all the road games. Not likely, but wow, that would be something.

Gibby23
06-09-2010, 10:58 AM
He might be right.

Tony_Starks
06-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Wow I just watched that over and over! Im still dying! His look basically said "get the f outta here!"

RaiderLakersA's
06-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Or maybe Lakers win the next two in Boston. Never know, maybe he was right. :shrug:

I vote for this.

RaiderLakersA's
06-09-2010, 11:41 AM
anyone see this when fisher was told about pierce saying they weren't going back to la before game 3?

derek fisher went stone cold killer on that *** and may make him eat them :laugh2:

:)