PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Finals Should Have the Same 3 Refs For The Series

ko8e24
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Which 3 refs do you think should be officiating every game of the Finals?

To me, it should be.

1. Dick Bavetta
2. Steve Javie
3. Kenny Mauer (he reffed game 2, but he usually calls a flowing game)

iggypop123
06-07-2010, 03:46 PM

To me, it should be.

1. Dick Bavetta
2. Steve Javie

1. is hated by every fan
2. is hurt and unavailable.

kEviN21
06-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Not fair to the other refs plus if someone thinks a ref is calling bs calls then the whole series would be based on the same refs

ko8e24
06-07-2010, 03:54 PM
1. is hated by every fan
2. is hurt and unavailable.

Aw damn, sux to hear that one of the great refs is hurt.

still1ballin
06-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Joey Crawford

lol

strokeman
06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
No one from last night! That was a poorly officiated game both ways!

rhino17
06-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Dick Bavetta is among the worst officials in the league, he is Stern's go to guy to change a series.

This plan would not work because a player may make an official upset and he would be punished for the remainder of the series

Also, if you were to do this, I would chose 3 officials who I have never heard of before, they are the best ones. Every ref that is know to the fans is among the worst because they are out there to make a name for themselves, not officiate correctly

TheKing23
06-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Joey Crawford, Dick Bavetta and Tim Donaghy.

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Joey Crawford, Dick Bavetta and Tim Donaghy.

Lol, one of those refs would get punched by a fan.

asandhu23
06-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Donaghy!!!!!!

macc
06-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Honestly we need an official "cry about the refs" thread. Lakers lose a game and 20 threads opening up about the refs all started by Laker fans. Yes there are some good psd laker fan posters out there, but you guys who have been starting all these threads are making your fellow fans look bad. Don't believe me, that's fine. Just keep opening up these annoying threads.

Bottom line is in game one the Lakers out played the Celtics and won the game, game two Boston out played the Lakers and won the game. See a trend? If you outplay the other team, the chances are you'll win the game....crazy thought I know.

Refs have a difficult job. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to officiate a Lebron James. Then you have vets like Pierce and Kobe who know all the tricks on how to draw fouls, plus they know what they can/can't get away with. I'm basically saying it's alot harder then it looks.

Bottom line is 99.9% of the time refs aren't going to determine the outcome of a game. When you look at a game and what teams have to do to prepare for it, you break it down. You have offensive schemes, defensive schemes, substituion rotations, on/off ball movement. Inbound plays, plays for any number of particular situations. Then you have refs. If an NBA game was a pie chart, the refs being taken into an account would be about 1% of the total outcome.

Do you think Phil Jacksons game plan changes depending on which refs are on the court? If your answer is NO then obviously coaches are not thinking the refs have as big of impact on a game as you fellow psd users believe. Think about that....

Bottom line is mistakes are going to happen. It is what it is. If you can't tolerate human error than don't watch. In saying that, if you accept human error than your argument shouldn't even be with the refs, it should be, how can we make our officiating more accurate? That can be done with more instant replay, on the same token, some of you complain that there are already to many stops during a game and think instant reply would just break up the "flow" of the game even further. At that point you just need to make up your mind and go with the lesser of two evils.

On another note, a bad call can get a superstar/allstar/key player sent to the bench early because of foul trouble, once again you shouldn't blame it on the refs because we now believe in human error. Your argument in this case should be that, I don't know, a player should be allow a 7th foul, or that players shouldn't foul out at all, in that case you could have both teams as close to 100% while facing each other as you can get.

All in all when people loose they look for an excuse, its in human nature, blaming the refs is a natural reaction. You see our cry baby NBA players complaining about every call and you follow suit. Instead of following suit you should set an example and make it a point to tell our "stars" to suck it up and adjust to the game.

But that's just my opinion.

mikantsass
06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Seriously you Laker fans are the biggest cry babies on earth.

tbone2171
06-07-2010, 04:54 PM

To me, it should be.

1. Dick Bavetta
2. Steve Javie

Haha..Dick Bavetta? The same ref from the Kings v. Lakers series in 2002. :facepalm:

jetsfan28
06-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I think Steve Javie, Danny Crawford, and Zach Zarba (I want a move towards younger refs, I don't see one better than Zarba) would be about as good as they can do.

Da Knicks
06-07-2010, 05:21 PM
3 of my favorite actors to go with a strong supporting cast-pierce-wheelchair-classic, kobe-finger-sweet, garnett-intimidator, odom-mr kardashian, allen-jesus shuttlesworth, fisher-lyer, rondo-roswell, phil jackson-mr. myogi, doc rivers-old man rivers.

One problem after part 30 the sitcom gets old I aint watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!