PDA

View Full Version : 112 foul calls in 96 minutes.. more than one foul every minute!

MoBASS
06-07-2010, 12:18 PM
112 combined called fouls in 96 minutes of basketball.. that's more than one foul every minute! :mad:

Someone please tell the refs this is the NBA FINALS. The overzealous officiating has put a damper on a potentially epic basketball series. Pretty much every starter finished the game with 5 or 6 fouls. Both teams were victims of one touch foul after another. This is not fun to watch.

Someone needs to lock these effing refs into a room and play them the 94 Bulls-Knicks series.. that was REAL basketball, not this ******** I'm watching on TV.

The officials have the responsibility of preventing the games from devolving into a street brawl, but it could be argued that the high number of touch fouls called have helped decide the two games' outcomes.

Consider this: Allen's early foul trouble in Game One set the tone for his poor performance, as he was never able to establish any sort of rhythm in a game that saw him only attempt three shots from the field.

In Game Two early foul trouble for Bryant and Fisher created a similar set of circumstances that really manifested itself in the fourth quarter, when the defensive aggressiveness of each player was limited.

Officiating has long been a point of contention among fans, especially in the NBA, but this Finals series almost has almost taken on a surreal tone because of the anticipation of whistles.

No one ever wants to see a contest decided by officials, and although the Lakers and Celtics deserve equal credit for their respective victories, the officials also deserve some credit for creating the circumstances.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/402413-hack-theory-has-the-2010-nba-finals-been-dictated-by-the-officials

The Jokemaker
06-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Hey I've been thinking this all along. Refs have taken over the playoffs hence why I've completely lost interest. Who the refs want to win, wins. I'm not a diehard fan of any of the teams in the playoffs, just an unbiased viewer.

JNA17
06-07-2010, 01:03 PM
this series belongs to the refs now, nothing anybody can do about it.

Chill_Will_24
06-07-2010, 01:08 PM
I was trying to get my friend back into watching basketball. He stopped watching after the Bulls era. Im ashamed to say i utterly failed. He watched for three minutes then a timout... watched for 20 seconds and a foul... then another timeout... and another foul... its embarassing. Im stariting to wonder why i still watch...

JNA17
06-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I was trying to get my friend back into watching basketball. He stopped watching after the Bulls era. Im ashamed to say i utterly failed. He watched for three minutes then a timout... watched for 20 seconds and a foul... then another timeout... and another foul... its embarassing. Im stariting to wonder why i still watch...

because we love the game of basketball too much. No matter how BS it is or all the crap it's going through, we love basketball still. Just not the NBA

Grand Master B
06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
What will happen is the refs go the exact opposite in next game and they wont call anything to show that they are not dictating the games. This will benefit Boston tremendously because of how physical they are and because Lakers are more of a finesse team. So Boston will win and it will once again be the refs fault.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:14 PM
refs took control it sucks

Pierzynski4Prez
06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Someone needs to lock these effing refs into a room and play them the 94 Bulls-Knicks series.. that was REAL basketball, not this ******** I'm watching on TV.

Except for the call on Pippen in game 5.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
WOW that is obsurd.

Lakersho
06-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey I've been thinking this all along. Refs have taken over the playoffs hence why I've completely lost interest. Who the refs want to win, wins. I'm not a diehard fan of any of the teams in the playoffs, just an unbiased viewer.

your correct , they have taken the flow out of the game. and bench players 2 nd and 3 rd string are whats having to play for too many min. so the real outcome of the game? who knows... i'd like to punch stern, and his refs. in the dick...:mad:

avrpatsfan
06-07-2010, 01:30 PM
:facepalm:

jetsfan28
06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
People complain about this, but they also complain about the physicality of the college game. Make up your damn minds. Personally, I agree with this, but you can't agree with this but then complain about the amount of contact allowed in college.

Lakersho
06-07-2010, 01:34 PM
What will happen is the refs go the exact opposite in next game and they wont call anything to show that they are not dictating the games. This will benefit Boston tremendously because of how physical they are and because Lakers are more of a finesse team. So Boston will win and it will once again be the refs fault.

I beg to differ, lakers would be just fine. hell , the o.k.c. series we got to bang more ,this is lame, its all about adverts, during timeouts , and to legthen the series for more money for n.b.a. they are ruining the sport...

The ChILL
06-07-2010, 01:46 PM
That is f'n crazy. Although look at it this way - if the players were allowed to call their own fouls it would would probably eclipse the 112 mark. Everytime Pierce touched the ball there would be a foul call for sure.

The ChILL
06-07-2010, 01:47 PM
That is f'n crazy. Although look at it this way - if the players were allowed to call their own fouls it would would probably eclipse the 112 mark. Everytime Pierce touched the ball there would be a foul call for sure.

All joking aside though they really should just let them play.

fresh prince
06-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Nope not at all...

If the Celts win in this scenario then they deserve it. Not that they didnt deserve to win last night. They were just the better team for most part of the game.

But the 2 missed call on Kobe changed the outcome of the game no doubt.

JNA17
06-07-2010, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=jetsfan28;13576764]People complain about this, but they also complain about the physicality of the college game.QUOTE]

they do? :confused:

asandhu23
06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
NBA is rigged. you are finally realizing this

jetsfan28
06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
People complain about this, but they also complain about the physicality of the college game.
they do? :confused:

Is this a serious question? Have you ever heard a Big Ten or Big East fan talk about the officials?

mikantsass
06-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I beg to differ, lakers would be just fine. hell , the o.k.c. series we got to bang more ,this is lame, its all about adverts, during timeouts , and to legthen the series for more money for n.b.a. they are ruining the sport...

I beg to differ also. Perkins Garnett Rasheed Baby Pierce are A LOT more physical than Durant Green Kristic Ibaka.

But i do agree with you in that each time there is a stopage in play, the NBA makes a **** load of revenue from ads and commercials.

GSW Hoops
06-07-2010, 02:36 PM
your correct , they have taken the flow out of the game. and bench players 2 nd and 3 rd string are whats having to play for too many min. so the real outcome of the game? who knows... i'd like to punch stern, and his refs. in the dick...:mad:

Yeah. When you see Shelden Williams playing in the NBA Finals (and it's not garbage time), something's amiss.

JNA17
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Is this a serious question? Have you ever heard a Big Ten or Big East fan talk about the officials?

honestly not really. I mean i did hear some things about how the league always wants duke to win but that's pretty much it.

TopsyTurvy
06-07-2010, 02:59 PM
All you can ask for from basketball officials is consistency. From the opening tipoff to the end of the game, fouls were missed or called with no bias towards any team. I thought it was a poorly officiated game but fair.

I still thought the game was riveting. Kobe guarding Rondo caused as many defensive problems for the Lakers as it provided answers and the Celtics had some solid play from bigs who were in and out of foul trouble all night.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 03:09 PM
what a joke

MacFitz92
06-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Boston played better but both teams got jacked on calls left and right.

I hope Stern doesn't have his head too far up his ***, or we might be seeing this the whole series.

Bruno
06-07-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't get why the refs are so afraid of letting the game get physical. If anything, wouldn't that be good for the all important ratings? They need to let them play, and put those whistles in their back pockets.

KBfrom8to24
06-07-2010, 07:26 PM
They've done it in 2008 assuring the C's Big 3 to win a title b4 they retire. It's really badly officiated series in favor of Celtics. This Finals, I just wish that the refs should officiate justly for both teams. Because I strongly believe, my Lakers, can beat the Celts fair and square to be crowned the real champion this season.

tr4shb0t
06-07-2010, 08:20 PM
I have no idea what's going on in the finals. So many bad fouls and yet so many obvious fouls go uncalled. I think part of the problem is that the Celtics game style is to foul. They do it almost every possession and the refs are put in an awkward position because they know they're supposed to keep their stars in for some face time for the fans. KG for example is out there in the 4th playing with 5 fouls and you see him setting numerous dirty screens and holding players on "defense." These finals are really demonstrating what a joke the league has become.

Raidaz4Life
06-07-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't really get this the refs called so many unnecessary fouls on both sides that left me scratching my head and really it made me change the channel. People don't want to see a free throw shooting contest.

SugeKnight
06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
thats hella