PDA

View Full Version : Are You Enjoying the Finals?

shep33
06-07-2010, 04:30 AM
Honestly, I'm a Laker fan (Celtics deserved game 2 by the way), but this series is hard to watch IMO....

I can't stand these whistles, it slows the game down to a halt, and there really isn't any rhythm to the games.

I think it just makes the Finals so much worse, and almost unwatchable to a degree.

GAME 1: Ray Allen gets called for a bunch of fouls limiting his production and impact on the game

GAME 2: Kobe gets called a lot of fouls, playing what 33 mins, and not getting into any rhythm.

The fouls in this series are just ridiculous on both sides, and its not allowing the best players to perform.

I dunno what do you guys think? It's getting to the point where if they call another game with so many fouls that i'm actually almost disinterested in watching the full game anymore. Might as well just watch the 4th quarter...

SeoulBeatz
06-07-2010, 04:46 AM
not really tbh. it SHOULD be a good series but i dunno i was pretty bored watching it even when it was close, maybe becasue i dont care which team wins because they both won the previous two years and i dont particularly enjoy watching either team play (even though they both have elite talent) i watched HOCKEY instead.... granted my Flyers are in the Stanley cup, but seriously... hockey.

chitownbears89
06-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Yea kinda are, and its pretty boring. At least we still got hockey though.

Teeboy1487
06-07-2010, 04:56 AM
They are way too many ticky tack whistles on both sides. I wish they would let these men play.

shep33
06-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Yeah, it almost doesn't feel like the Finals in a way its weird. Its like we haven't yet to see what each team is capable of doing which is pretty upsetting... I dunno, hopefully the games get better.

I also think maybe its all the free agency talk that kinda gets mixed up with everything. Its almost overpowering the finals in a way too.

COBY KARL
06-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Yeah it seems like there's a whistle on every possession. And then when they let them play a little, it gets really physical and the blatant fouls aren't called.

I also didn't like the double techs on Artest and Pierce in Game 1. It's the NBA finals! Very inconsistent officiating.

SeoulBeatz
06-07-2010, 06:04 AM
yeah i dunno, it just feels like "been there done that" with this finals series. im indifferent, really wish L.A and Boston didn't make it, no offense to them, but it just isnt exciting the second time around.

DenButsu
06-07-2010, 06:24 AM
What's not to enjoy?

The tight-*** (and sometimes just plain bad) officiating (both ways, I might add).

What's making it enjoyable despite that?

Some truly great performances. Game 1 belonged to Kobe (with honorable mention to Gasol), game 2 to Ray (with honorable mention to Rondo), both classic Finals performances that will be remembered far longer than anything about the officiating - and deservedly so.

So, to answer the thread title question: Yes, I am.

Melo15
06-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Im with you guys in the sense that the officiating in this series has been mediocre at best. They are treating this like a WNBA game with how many ticky tac fouls they're calling. It still is fun to watch but it just gets you frustrated after a while.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Ya there is no really flow or pace to the series so far. I mean the refs just gotta mess it up for everybody. Whatever happen to no blood no foul? Im sure the pace will pick up soon though when the refs stop trying to take control of the damn game

THE_G.O.A.T.
06-07-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm enjoying the Finals, not basketball but the NHL finals. Who cares about the NBA? It's so boring to watch, games are slow paced, and the officials control who wins. Seriously on Sunday night it was no contest which game to watch. The NHL is by far the better league!

DenButsu
06-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm enjoying the Finals, not basketball but the NHL finals. Who cares about the NBA? It's so boring to watch, games are slow paced, and the officials control who wins. Seriously on Sunday night it was no contest which game to watch. The NHL is by far the better league!

I think you meant to post that here:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115

pistonsfanomg
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah it seems like there's a whistle on every possession. And then when they let them play a little, it gets really physical and the blatant fouls aren't called.

I also didn't like the double techs on Artest and Pierce in Game 1. It's the NBA finals! Very inconsistent officiating.

lmfao at your sig its priceless :clap:

Kobe2324
06-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Game 2 had so many blown calls I was losing my mind. I didnt think it would be possible to blow that many calls, the refs are deciding the outcome of these games and that;s just not the way its suposed to be...

Sly Guy
06-07-2010, 09:38 AM
I can't stand these whistles, it slows the game down to a halt, and there really isn't any rhythm to the games.

this.

wileyisTOFU
06-07-2010, 09:41 AM

yeah for real, its like yeah, like go ahead and try to get all of the "star" players ejected as quickly as possible. Also when Ron played a against the Lakers last year he got ejected twice for basically just being himself.

JordansBulls
06-07-2010, 10:54 AM
No, I'm not. Would have been better with Orlando and Phoenix in it.

Avenged
06-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm enjoying it so far but I did expect a lot more. The refs have really toned down the physicality of the series which makes it not seem like this is a Finals series at all let alone a rivalry. Game 2 was exciting throughout and had it not been for a couple of blown calls, we could have perhaps had a classic ending down the stretch.

m26555
06-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Of course. Regardless of the officiating, it's the NBA Finals and you have the two most storied franchises in the NBA tied up at one game apiece.

JasonJohnHorn
06-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Even though the first game wasnt very tight, the second game was close in the last two minutes and there have been some great performances. Gasol's interior passing is as sweet as ever (though Artest and Bynum don't seem to handle his passes as well as Odom), Allen shooting was jaw dropping last night, and last night when Allen was dropping three and Kobe had been working well as a facilitator, he started forcing shots before picking up his third foul and Phil sat him only to bring him in in the last minute of the quarter and I thought "What is Phil doing? He could pick up a 4th foul before the half", then Kobe shut me up by getting a huge steal, knocking down an impressive three and then getting another steal off an inbounds and helping his team cut the lead down to single digits before the half. Just wow. It was a great game. Rondo brought the game to us all in 3D, Allen set a record, the Lakers worked their offence flawlessly in game one. It looks like its going to be a great series.

td0tsfinest
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
The refs need to let them play more. But what do you expect, there are certain guys on both teams that can in the face of the ref if they don't get a call.

David Stern really needs to think about this during the off-season. The refs have made changes before, they're calling more travels and double dribbles now a days but they need resist blowing the whistle during some of these fouls.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Ugh yes! That game was unreal last night!

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 03:32 PM
yeah but the screwed up officiating is kinda boring with unreal foul calls on both sides.....

iggypop123
06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
as bad as the refs were we had some historic perfomances last night. rondo a triple double. first time in finals in 7 yrs and allen broke the 3 point record. lakers had 14 blocks.
too bad kg had some bad calls on him, and kobe was the victim of the celtics flopping

ko8e24
06-07-2010, 03:42 PM
The amount of free throws being called is ridiculous.

We need the best referees out there for the rest of the series IMO.

Steve Javie-The ultimate enforcer, no nonsense, don't piss him off Sheed, lol.

Dick Bavetta-The oldest ref there is, and really, the best in the biz.

Kenny Mauer-He reffed game 2, but I think he had to follow some ****** game plan that the other 2 refs were apt in calling, and he probably got caught up. But usually, he's a really good ref.

A team of Bavetta-Javie-Mauer should be the ref trio for the rest of the Finals.

Chronz
06-08-2010, 01:34 PM
They'll get better both teams are trying too hard to be physical, they will adjust.

awmathewsjr
06-08-2010, 02:02 PM
The finals are ok. I mean its not classic like the bulls v. lakers(91) or the rockets v. knicks(94). But its a lot better than spurs v. cavaliers(07) or lakers v. magic(09)

cmellofan15
06-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm enjoying not watching the finals.

Da Knicks
06-08-2010, 02:27 PM
With you on that bro along with all my friends and everyone else that is tired of the same boring teams.

ElMarroAfamado
06-08-2010, 02:30 PM
not really
i go into the games worrying about who the refs will make lopsided calls for in this game.....n it should never be about the refs...

majestic
06-08-2010, 02:31 PM
lol @ all u guys that think david stern isnt behind the refs being so bad. i mean it is boston/lakers for a reason, so why stop now, he will make sure that its 7 game series.

Da Knicks
06-08-2010, 02:46 PM
He makes sure those teams get the players why not the outcome you are 100% right that is why free agency is bigger than the finals. Every team has a chance to get better via trade but there is also a lot of teams with money. The league could have a lot of good teams next year and be more competitive but you never know watch the lakers get lebron in a sign and trade for morrison and odom. Then Celtics will get wade for rasheed and big baby.

RadiantShot
06-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Game 1? :yawn:
Game 2? Pretty great stuff.
We'll see how it holds up.

RaiderLakersA's
06-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I expected it to be a tough series, but I didn't expect nearly as much "participation" by the refs. Am I enjoying the series? Yes, because it's Lakers-Celts. But no, because I'm going to be 105 years old by the time they get to game 4 with all of the stops (whistles) and starts.

ballpd05
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Game 1? :yawn:
Game 2? Pretty great stuff.
We'll see how it holds up.

^ this

ElToro
06-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Honestly, no. Is it July 1st yet? :yawn:

BULLSFAN0810
06-08-2010, 04:49 PM
i feel asleep.... and i never fall asleep during the finals. Everyone had fouls. everyone was on the bench for petty fouls. Let them play, call the hard , evident fouls.

D-Mac313
06-08-2010, 04:52 PM
How can you not enjoy the Finals..........Celtics vs Lakers.....nuff said

king4day
06-08-2010, 05:28 PM
From the parts I've watched, there's been some good back and forth action.

JNA17
06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
the past 2 games have been called tighter then tight jeans, it's barley been watchable.

NBAfan4life
06-08-2010, 05:42 PM
To answer the question yes. Now if you were to ask me could they be better absolutely. The refs need to swallow their whistles