PDA

View Full Version : Is Lebron free agency overhyped?

fairandbalanced
06-07-2010, 02:43 AM
I just find it surprising that he seems to be in every conversation/Nba talks this days. Kobe was interviewed not long ago, the reporter seem more interested in what Kobe thinks about Lebron than What Kobe thinks about the playoffs. Larry King spend more time asking about Lebron than the Oil spill from President Obama. Every celebrity/athlete that appears on ESPN is always asked about lebron........Amazingly, it seems like the NBA is more interested in where Lebron goes than the 2010 championship. Who would have thought that the Celtics are playing against the Lakers in the finals.......and the top story is Lebron. He ain't even the best player in the NBA.

CAVS21
06-07-2010, 03:01 AM
I just find it surprising that he seems to be in every conversation/Nba talks this days. Kobe was interviewed not long ago, the reporter seem more interested in what Kobe thinks about Lebron than What Kobe thinks about the playoffs. Larry King spend more time asking about Lebron than the Oil spill from President Obama. Every celebrity/athlete that appears on ESPN is always asked about lebron........Amazingly, it seems like the NBA is more interested in where Lebron goes than the 2010 championship. Who would have thought that the Celtics are playing against the Lakers in the finals.......and the top story is Lebron. He ain't even the best player in the NBA.

Oh no way, another thread for LBJ haters!? go figure!! The media created most of the monster that is the "Summer of LeBron" so they deserve some of the blame. None of us in here would just make a decision the day after being bounced from the playoffs way too early. (To the team IMO will win the NBA title btw) He might want to play with one of his boys (D-Wade, Bosh, JJ) and who can blame the guy...Dan Gilbert has gotten rid of Mike Brown and Danny Ferry, two guys who he knows LeBron had issues with, he's also shopping anybody he has to to get Bosh or JJ possibly. I just wish the media would let it go a little bit and focus on the basketball thats left to be played.

DerekRE_3
06-07-2010, 03:04 AM
:yawn:

D1JM
06-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Oh no way, another thread for LBJ haters!? go figure!! The media created most of the monster that is the "Summer of LeBron" so they deserve some of the blame. None of us in here would just make a decision the day after being bounced from the playoffs way too early. (To the team IMO will win the NBA title btw) He might want to play with one of his boys (D-Wade, Bosh, JJ) and who can blame the guy...Dan Gilbert has gotten rid of Mike Brown and Danny Ferry, two guys who he knows LeBron had issues with, he's also shopping anybody he has to to get Bosh or JJ possibly. I just wish the media would let it go a little bit and focus on the basketball thats left to be played.

highly doubt those guys follow lebron to cleveland. Those guys have the chance to land in a big market and they need it more than lebron does.

Oaktown R8ers
06-07-2010, 03:18 AM
imagine if
tom brady was a FA
it wouldve been the same ****.

29$JerZ
06-07-2010, 03:26 AM
You've added to the LeBron craze...

abe_froman
06-07-2010, 04:06 AM
You've added to the LeBron craze...

exactly

:laugh2: its a self feeding monster,cant be stoped,even criticism only serves to fuel it

heathonater
06-07-2010, 04:17 AM
extremely rare to see a player of lebron's caliber at his age on the open market. with that said, it would be nice if the focus was taken off his free agency and instead placed on the boston la series. much more excited for what will and could happen in that series right now than speculation on lebron's possible teams.

The Panch
06-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Lebron free agency is way over hyped, you don't even hear 1/4 about Wade, and I would rather have Wade instead of Lebron, he has proven he can win the big games.

Sly Guy
06-07-2010, 10:03 AM
do we even need a thread to talk about this? Dude is going on tour. When has that ever happened?

AntiG
06-07-2010, 10:16 AM
imagine if
tom brady was a FA
it wouldve been the same ****.

That'll happen in 2011. Don't be surprised if he signs with the 49ers to retire with the team he grew up rooting for.

mavwar53
06-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Possibly the greatest NBA talent of all time becoming a FA to play for one of these teams can not be overhyped, is there useless talk about it too much just like you creating this thread, yes. But is it the biggest FA in decades yes and it deserves this hype

MaHaRaJaH
06-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Lebrenvy.

miller74
06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
He might be the best FA available in sports history, i really dont think its overhyped at all

miller74
06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
That'll happen in 2011. Don't be surprised if he signs with the 49ers to retire with the team he grew up rooting for.

Don't tease me like that

Pierzynski4Prez
06-07-2010, 10:52 AM
If he resigns with the Cavs, it will be the most overhyped event in all of FA in all sports, ever

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Everything is over hyped now a days so i would say yes. But still it is a real big deal. I mean the fact if if he stays or goes will change a whole organization. But it is just a big tease till july

pacofunk64
06-07-2010, 10:59 AM
He might be the best FA available in sports history, i really dont think its overhyped at all

Exactly...LBJ is the best FA ever to hit the open market.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Best FA ever? You cant give a title like that to someone who hasn't even won a championship i mean lets get serious here. What has he proven.....his career could turn out like Grant Hill you never know. It don't mean a thing if you ant got that ring.

C_Mund
06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
People are just focusing on Lebron because of how he markets himself. In reality, it's top-to-bottom the best free-agent market in recent history. It just happens to hinge on what Lebron does first.
It could end up being nothing, with all teams retaining their fa's, or there could be a MASSIVE power swing as the Clippers land a top-tier and second-tier fa to put with Griffin. It's not just about Lebron, it's the future of the L. Until it shakes down, every NBA fan has a reason to believe that their team could be significantly better next year.

zadora5
06-07-2010, 12:11 PM
july is coming around the corner !!!!

miller74
06-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Best FA ever? You cant give a title like that to someone who hasn't even won a championship i mean lets get serious here. What has he proven.....his career could turn out like Grant Hill you never know. It don't mean a thing if you ant got that ring.

Can you name a better one, AROD comes to mind but i have troulble thinking of anyone else

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah just a little bit

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Exactly...LBJ is the best FA ever to hit the open market.

I can agree with that

pacofunk64
06-07-2010, 01:24 PM

Ah...horseshit. Name one and I'll reconsider but right now I can't think of a championship winning FA leaving his team...and why would he?

Can you name a better one, AROD comes to mind but i have troulble thinking of anyone else

Winning championship FA's don't usually hit the market so I agree and can't name one better than LBJ.

sep11ie
06-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Making threads *****ing about overexposure of a certain topic is counterproductive.

Da Knicks
06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
dude I know they already got me with the whole lebron to ny thang you gonna give me a heart attack!

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I think Shaq leaving the Magic for LA, is just as big as Lebron.

prodigy
06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Where Lebron goes is very important. But no Question its over hyped. You have knicks and Chicago fans rushing the cavs forums with Baiting, trolling and insults. Just not needed.

Da Knicks
06-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I for one apologize sir no need for that crap and we tend to stay on our forum or the nba forum for the most part. I feel for you since most people make threads everyday bashing the knicks or enter our forum baiting all the time.