PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that Noah is getting too much hype & praise?

hgtiger32
06-06-2010, 08:42 PM
nothing against noah. he's a GOOD player, not a great one and def. not an all-star, but it seems to me that everyone is saying that LeBron or Wade should sign with the Bulls because they have Rose and Noah. Rose i can understand but Noah? come on. i know he puts up decent numbers and such but you can't possibly think that LeBron is thinking "hmmm...if i sign with the Bulls not only do i get to play with derrick rose but i get to play with Joakim Noah!"

idk, just my thoughts, im sure many agree and there are those who will disagree (bulls fans) lol.....

DaBUU
06-06-2010, 08:48 PM
nothing against noah. he's a GOOD player, not a great one and def. not an all-star, but it seems to me that everyone is saying that LeBron or Wade should sign with the Bulls because they have Rose and Noah. Rose i can understand but Noah? come on. i know he puts up decent numbers and such but you can't possibly think that LeBron is thinking "hmmm...if i sign with the Bulls not only do i get to play with derrick rose but i get to play with Joakim Noah!"

idk, just my thoughts, im sure many agree and there are those who will disagree (bulls fans) lol.....

either you know nothing about the Bulls and have not seen him play or you dont know the game of basketball very much. has to be one of the two.

ldc62
06-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree to an extent... but he is a good player.

effen5
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Heres the deal

Noah was out for 10 games....Bulls lost 10 straight...that says it all.

SaimoNETS
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I guess it's because he's a high energy player and he has high potential. I mean, he would most definitely play like an All-star if he had LeBron as a teammate.

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I like Noah. He's so..I don't know, he just doesn't care about anything but going out, and performing on the court. Hence, "I never heard anyone say they want to go to Cleveland on vacation.." He goes out, plays tough, and does his job. I'd love to have him in Orlando.

Cubs Win
06-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Noah isn't ever going to be a superstar. But he's the player every championship contending team needs. He brings an almost unmatchable intensity EVERY single night. He hustles on every play. Given his work ethic and athletic ability, he could very well garner a few all-star selections before his career is over. When you have say Rose and LeBron running the fastbreak, it can only help to have a center like Noah that can run the floor and get some easy buckets.

GeekInThePink
06-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Noah = GOAT

Seriously, the man looks like a goat.

prodigy
06-06-2010, 08:59 PM
nothing against Noah. he's a GOOD player, not a great one and def. not an all-star, but it seems to me that everyone is saying that LeBron or Wade should sign with the Bulls because they have Rose and Noah. Rose i can understand but Noah? come on. i know he puts up decent numbers and such but you can't possibly think that LeBron is thinking "hmmm...if i sign with the Bulls not only do i get to play with derrick rose but i get to play with Joakim Noah!"

idk, just my thoughts, I'm sure many agree and there are those who will disagree (bulls fans) lol.....

I agree. Now Noah had a very good series vs the Cavs mainly because as shaq Put "we did not care about him".

Noah is also a Great energy guy. Strong Rebounder solid defender. He's more of a PF then Center. He's pretty much AV with alittle more scoring.

But he is no Question over hyped. Solid player, but not an All-star or even someone to build around. He's also has a huge mouth and very disrespectful.

Let me guess, Bulls fans disagree? lol.

ink
06-06-2010, 09:00 PM
either you know nothing about the Bulls and have not seen him play or you dont know the game of basketball very much. has to be one of the two.

Or maybe he just an opinion different from yours.

KnicksorBust
06-06-2010, 09:01 PM

The wrong way to post.

Noah isn't ever going to be a superstar. But he's the player every championship contending team needs. He brings an almost unmatchable intensity EVERY single night. He hustles on every play. Given his work ethic and athletic ability, he could very well garner a few all-star selections before his career is over. When you have say Rose and LeBron running the fastbreak, it can only help to have a center like Noah that can run the floor and get some easy buckets.

The right way to post.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Noah is one of the best rebounders and energy players in the league. No, hes not a star, but hes a legit number three on a championship team

Ray_R
06-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I agree. Now Noah had a very good series vs the Cavs mainly because as shaq Put "we did not care about him".

Noah is also a Great energy guy. Strong Rebounder solid defender. He's more of a PF then Center. He's pretty much AV with alittle more scoring.

But he is no Question over hyped. Solid player, but not an All-star or even someone to build around. He's also has a huge mouth and very disrespectful.

I love his intensity and hustle.

ink
06-06-2010, 09:03 PM

A strong defensive C like Noah is pretty invaluable. Look at how under-rated Perkins is. Same thing. If you're Lebron James you don't need Shaquille O'Neal (oops) playing centre. You just need someone solid. Noah is that and more.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 09:05 PM

I believe LBJ has said in interviews before that Chicago has a nice core and mentioned Rose and Noah specifically. This thread seems to be backfiring on you because it seems like a lot of non-Bulls fans would love to have him on their team and he is a great piece.

ink
06-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I believe LBJ has said in interviews before that Chicago has a nice core and mentioned Rose and Noah specifically. This thread seems to be backfiring on you because it seems like a lot of non-Bulls fans would love to have him on their team and he is a great piece.

I don't think the OP meant anything bad by his post. He asked an honest question.

bctgg27
06-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I really agree with you. I have been thinking this to. He is definitely a good player, but it does seem that he is being overrated.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't think the OP meant anything bad by his post. He asked an honest question.
Thanks for deleting my post. He always tries to get a rise out of Bulls fans though.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Naw I think Noah is a pretty legit C

RipVW
06-06-2010, 09:12 PM
First of all, had he not been injured, he probably did deserve to be an all star. He was the second leading rebounder.

Second of all, no one is really saying he's better than Howard or Gasol. But you have to understand that they guy has a huge impact on winning. He does a lot of dirty work in the trenches. This is why Bulls fans regard him so highly. Without Noah this past year, the Bulls would probably win 35 games. If they would have had him all season, the Bulls are probably around 50 wins. Like I said, if you look at him like he's an individual player and compare him to other Centers like theyre individual players, youre looking at it the wrong way. The bigger thing to look at is how a center affects winning.

The other thing you have to realize is that when the lights get bright and the intensity is ratcheted up in the playoffs, you dont have to worry about Noah fading. He was ready to meet the playoff intensity his first time out and then some. Fans love players who perform in games that matter. Noah's all about winning.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 09:14 PM
You have to watch a good amount of Bulls games to fully appreciate Noah and what he brings to this team. He's going to be a top 5 rebounder in this league and his offensive game has come a long way since coming into the league.

gwrighter
06-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Noah is a player that you would like to have on your team. But not someone that would attract a 2 time MVP to a team. Think about this. Can noah put a team on his back and score 40 pts. and grab 20 rebs in order for you to win a game? No. So if lebron was to sit out 10 games because of an injury, he would feel better knowing derrick rose is in the game, not joakim noah. Comparatively speaking, it would be like saying "LBJ will go to Atlanta because of Al Horford." He's good, but hes not a deciding factor on the matter.

RipVW
06-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Noah is a player that you would like to have on your team. But not someone that would attract a 2 time MVP to a team. Think about this. Can noah put a team on his back and score 40 pts. and grab 20 rebs in order for you to win a game? No. So if lebron was to sit out 10 games because of an injury, he would feel better knowing derrick rose is in the game, not joakim noah. Comparatively speaking, it would be like saying "LBJ will go to Atlanta because of Al Horford." He's good, but hes not a deciding factor on the matter.

Sorry but this post is just laughable. Of top 10 scorers in the league, 7 out of 10 were either SF or SG. The other 3 might have been PGs or PFs...I cant remember for sure. But either way, Center is not a position of scoring anymore. This isnt 1970. The game is more compartmentalized now PFs and Cs are more about rebounding and dirty work.

The bulk of the scoring comes from the perimeter players...especially since the rule changes about 5 years ago.

ink
06-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks for deleting my post. He always tries to get a rise out of Bulls fans though.

General note: if that's what you think of a post, please report instead.

hgtiger32
06-06-2010, 09:24 PM
i just wanted some feedback on this, mainly other than bulls fans who have rushed to his defense like anyone who do for their team, but i'm just looking at what NBA fans in general think...

gcoll
06-06-2010, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen him play that much. All I know about him is that he's a ****ing moron.

oak2455
06-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I haven't seen him play that much. All I know about him is that he's a ****ing moron.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

gwrighter
06-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Sorry but this post is just laughable. Of top 10 scorers in the league, 7 out of 10 were either SF or SG. The other 3 might have been PGs or PFs...I cant remember for sure. But either way, Center is not a position of scoring anymore. This isnt 1970. The game is more compartmentalized now PFs and Cs are more about rebounding and dirty work.

The bulk of the scoring comes from the perimeter players...especially since the rule changes about 5 years ago.

3/10 were PF's. so post players do score the ball. But besides that, What im saying is that you cant compare playing with joakim noah to playing with Dwade, Chris Bosh, or Derrick Rose. He is good, but he can't put a team on his back and win them a game by himself. A two time MVP is leaning more towards guys that can help score the ball, open up the defense a bit. Not someone that can defend the post position. It's like saying LBJ is considering boston because of kendrick perkins. Noah isn't a deciding factor. I would rather have him then not. But he's not gonna seal the deal for the King.

Badluck33
06-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Noah = Top 10 Center in NBA

Noah = Top 5 Center in East.

MaHaRaJaH
06-06-2010, 09:57 PM
see michael beasley

DeyAce
06-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Heres the deal

Noah was out for 10 games....Bulls lost 10 straight...that says it all.

This

smith&wesson
06-06-2010, 10:01 PM
- noah plays his position well and that is important for a 5. he blocks, rebounds, and defends really well.

- I dont think any one has over rated him but a few psd bulls fans, not all!

- noah can be an all star, theres always room for improvement and i dont think he has reached his full potential. As is, he plays the game of basket ball the right way and does all the little things to help his team win!

- He can improve on the offensive end imo.

FOBolous
06-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Noah plays like how Ben Wallace played when he was in his prime but unlike Ben Wallace, Noah can actually score.

Cubs Win
06-06-2010, 10:06 PM
- noah plays his position well and that is important for a 5. he blocks, rebounds, and defends really well.

- I dont think any one has over rated him but a few psd bulls fans, not all!

- noah can be an all star, theres always room for improvement and i dont think he has reached his full potential. but as is he plays the game of basket ball the right way and does all the little things to help his team win! \

- He can improve on the offensive end.

Great post. I'd say Noah has the potential to average 15 points, 12 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, and 3 assists. Of course this all depends on who the Bulls are able to bring in through free agency this year.

jackdawson
06-06-2010, 10:09 PM
He is a decent player but at the same time he is the 2nd most overrated player in the nba right now only behind Rose.

gwrighter
06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Noah plays like how Ben Wallace played when he was in his prime but unlike Ben Wallace, Noah can actually score.

I disagree, Wallace avg. more defensive rebounds in 2002-2003 then noah avg's rebounds this season. As well as double the bpg.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 10:17 PM
He is a decent player but at the same time he is the 2nd most overrated player in the nba right now only behind Rose.

Always talking **** about bulls fan.

29$JerZ
06-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Solid Center. Good rebounder and defensive player.

I think he is a good center but the way some hype him up as an All star when Dwight and Bogut are in the same conference is ridiculous.

Draco
06-06-2010, 10:19 PM
He's probably a bit over hyped by Bulls fans on this board but he's still valuable at a position that doesn't have a lot of depth league wide.

Bishnoff
06-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I just don't like the look of him or what comes out of his mouth. He is a pretty good baller however.

Grifftiggs
06-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Hes good but i agree he is getting hype like he is an all star

Raydogg909
06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
I agree Bulls fans do over hype Noah and Rose a lot but you know what? These two guys are damn solid!!! I will admit it, and I'm a hardcore raptors fan lol!! But seriously, its been said enough already Noah does all the things you need your center to do while not being high maintenance! I would take him any day and I'm sure any GM would say the same thing!!!

dodie53
06-06-2010, 10:37 PM
noah is a role player,
and he likes his role.

i would love him on my team

RipVW
06-06-2010, 10:39 PM
3/10 were PF's. so post players do score the ball. But besides that, What im saying is that you cant compare playing with joakim noah to playing with Dwade, Chris Bosh, or Derrick Rose. He is good, but he can't put a team on his back and win them a game by himself. A two time MVP is leaning more towards guys that can help score the ball, open up the defense a bit. Not someone that can defend the post position. It's like saying LBJ is considering boston because of kendrick perkins. Noah isn't a deciding factor. I would rather have him then not. But he's not gonna seal the deal for the King.

And Im guessing one of them is Nowitzki? LOL

Sorry, your point is silly.

A center is like a catcher in baseball. Its position that puts a premium on defense, namely rebounding.

blah-blah
06-06-2010, 10:41 PM
hes just a hustle type player

RipVW
06-06-2010, 10:43 PM
BTW, I dont really think the Bulls fans overhype him. Its more the case that he's a really good player and there are a lot of Bulls fans on this board. It seems like he gets overhyped because a cumulative effect of there being a high volume of Bulls fans.

I think when someone says Noah is overhyped, what they really mean is that there are too many Bulls fans on this board.

Badluck33
06-06-2010, 11:32 PM
^ I agree.

I mean people say we over hype our players to make them over rated. I don't remember the last time the bulls fans embraced a player like Rose or Noah since Jordan. Seriously.

We can hype up Deng if we want but we don't because we know he isn't that great.

Bulls fans are smarter than people think.

Kakaroach
06-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Joakim Noah is what he is. An all-hustle player who plays with heart and passion and gives 100% every night all night long. Thats not over-hyped. With Thibodeau coaching, he could be DPOY.

TopsyTurvy
06-06-2010, 11:49 PM
A lot of opinions will change once Noah's contract is addressed.

Mell413
06-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Not sure if they mean too much praise on the forum or by the mainstream media. I don't see him get that much hype from the media. They praise his energy, but they don't make him sound better than he is.

PrettyBoyJ
06-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Every year he's gotten better.. And he played well in the Playoffs.. Active on Defensive, Rebounds.. and has a evolving offensive game that will only get better.. I could see him putting 16.0 and 11.0 next season

koreancabbage
06-07-2010, 12:52 AM
he reminds me of a poor man's version of Ben Wallace (in the hey-days) He does the things other players don't want to put an effort like defense and rebounding and being the energy guy.

he's not that great of a player but he's a valuable commodity to have with a couple of primary scorers.

the only thing he should do though, shut the **** up and just play

RipVW
06-07-2010, 01:01 AM
he reminds me of a poor man's version of Ben Wallace (in the hey-days) He does the things other players don't want to put an effort like defense and rebounding and being the energy guy.

he's not that great of a player but he's a valuable commodity to have with a couple of primary scorers.

the only thing he should do though, shut the **** up and just play

Ben Wallace wasnt as tall or as mobile.

VinceGully
06-07-2010, 01:20 AM

LOL...i bet you were expecting a bunch of people to join in on your hating.

From a UCLA Bruin fan who used to not like Noah...he is a GREAT player to have on your team. High energy, plays defense every play, good rebound and put back guy. With Noah, Lebron has a guy to clog the lane, rebound and kick back out. Whats hard to understand?

smiddy012
06-07-2010, 01:28 AM
People forget that it was Noah who got in Brons face one game for show-boating. Im sure Bron had to respect that in retrospect.

Having Noah on your team means you dont have to set the intensity or emotional levels. You dont have to do the dirty work. You dont have to worry about your teammates not giving their all because Noah will be all over them if they dont.

Yes, there are many centers at Noahs level or greater when we are talking pure skill and ability. But when it comes to character and pure will there isnt a guy in the league whos a better teammate or fiercer competitor than Noah.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Yes but by the Bull fans. In the media i dont think they think hes as good as Bull fans think he is.

I mean c'mon, people have Rose, James, and NOAH in sigs thinking its gonna be a big three lol

thephoenixson28
06-07-2010, 01:36 AM
I have a question. Who has more uprise Robin lopez, or Noah.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Yes but by the Bull fans. In the media i dont think they think hes as good as Bull fans think he is.

I mean c'mon, people have Rose, James, and NOAH in sigs thinking its gonna be a big three lol

What are you talking about...or do you even know?

The Bulls led the league in rebounding and Noah was the biggest reason.

VinceGully
06-07-2010, 01:41 AM

I would expect that from someone with a Miami and TUPAC sig...LOL

Do you own a rhinestone encrusted Tupac shirt too?

_KB24_
06-07-2010, 01:42 AM
"Have you ever heard someone say: I'm excited to go to Cleveland!"

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

VinceGully
06-07-2010, 01:42 AM

whats an uprise?

VinceGully
06-07-2010, 01:43 AM
What are you talking about...or do you even know?

The Bulls led the league in rebounding and Noah was the biggest reason.

right! Noah led the league in rebounding before he got hurt.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 01:44 AM

If Im a Suns fan, id be excited about Robin Lopez. He brings a lot of intensity. I was really impressed with Robin. I can see him becoming the blood and guts part of the Suns going forward, similar to what Noah is to the Bulls. Guys like that are great to have.

He acquitted himself nicely against the Lakers in a couple of games.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Who gives a **** what i have in my sig.... I like Tupac so what.

And i think Noah is good but hes a hustle player, thats it

RipVW
06-07-2010, 01:45 AM
right! Noah led the league in rebounding before he got hurt.

I thought he was 2nd. Either way, thats pretty awesome.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 01:52 AM
"Have you ever heard someone say: I'm excited to go to Cleveland!"

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Yup. He puts it out there and doesnt really backdown or apologize. When LeBron was dancing earlier in the year, Noah called him out for it. Not many players in the league would have stood up to LeBron. And you see that spirit in how he plays. He's great to have on your team. People say he's overrated or overhyped. But I dont even know what that means when you have a high impact on winning. Thats why he's a huge favorite.

Korman12
06-07-2010, 02:32 AM
I'm not sure the media overrates him or anything, but NBA fans like him a lot because of his style of play. He's not an All-Star, but he's the kinda quality big man that most teams could really use.

In terms of hype about LeBron potentially being his teammate, well, look how good LeBron made a guy like Varejao look at times.

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 02:36 AM
And Im guessing one of them is Nowitzki? LOL

Sorry, your point is silly.

A center is like a catcher in baseball. Its position that puts a premium on defense, namely rebounding.

In all seriousness. You actually think noah is that valuable in signing one of the best basketball players in recent history? it must be that chicago air gettin to you. snap out of your espn train of thought. You may love joakim noah to death but don't discredit people because what they say doesn't fit your perfect paradigm. Think about your roster. long and hard. First it was deng for bosh and now its joakim noah will attract lebron james....like you actually don't see how unappetizing joakim noah is in comparison to bosh, wade, or even Rose? A great comparison is saying "LBJ will go to portland because they have marcus camby." it's ludicrous. keep on dreaming bud. joakim noah is more likely to sit out the whole year with plantar fasciitis. He's a good player but i mean come on. Be realistic. You put the Joke in Joakim Noah....

tonyd3b54
06-07-2010, 02:37 AM
the bulls should focus more on getting bosh...theyve been in search of that scoring pf for years and now they have the chance to sign one...

pg- rose
sg-
sf- deng
pf- bosh
c- noah

pretty good 4 out of 5 there and thats so much length in the front court with the 6'10 bosh 7ft noah and 6'9 deng... and with thibs coming to town theyll be good defensively... if he can turn ray allen into a good defender he can do it with bosh and rose... deng and noah are already good defenders...

_KB24_
06-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Yup. He puts it out there and doesnt really backdown or apologize. When LeBron was dancing earlier in the year, Noah called him out for it. Not many players in the league would have stood up to LeBron. And you see that spirit in how he plays. He's great to have on your team. People say he's overrated or overhyped. But I dont even know what that means when you have a high impact on winning. Thats why he's a huge favorite.

Screw those guys bro. Noah is an ideal center to have on both ends and doesn't take **** from nobody. What more can you ask?

D1JM
06-07-2010, 03:10 AM
thats weird.. most of the media i hear from have all high regards for noah. Most of the media i hear are ex nba players. I think they know or view the potential and hustle that noah has in the court, but people in PSD are biased because he plays for the chicago bulls. I aint trying to say he is a superstar, but noah gives 110% on the court and that to me matters. I dont care if he is out there for ****en 10 seconds as long as he gives his 110% percent on those 10 seconds.

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Screw those guys bro. Noah is an ideal center to have on both ends and doesn't take **** from nobody. What more can you ask?

I agree, Noah is an ideal centre to have and he doesnt take **** from anybody. But this guys name is getting tossed around as an all-star?.....word? over Bogut, and Dwight Howard? Stop gassing this guy up, it's time to be real about it.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 03:33 AM
I agree, Noah is an ideal centre to have and he doesnt take **** from anybody. But this guys name is getting tossed around as an all-star?.....word? over Bogut, and Dwight Howard? Stop gassing this guy up, it's time to be real about it.

Actually, he probably would have been an all star had he not been injured. Like I said, a center is kind of like a catcher in baseball. Its kind of comes down to preference but both are defensive positions. Some would prefer a very good defensive catcher who is also a very good hitter. Others would prefer a great defensive catcher who is an average or poor hitter. But center is a position that puts a premium on defense typically. And so, in some respects a case can be made for whoever is at defense. But in the end, it comes down to impacting winning. When Noah goes down, they lose 10 in row. When Bogut went down, against the Hawks, the Bucks still made a series out of it.

And your stupid rule of thumb that involved scoring 40 pts and getting 20 rebounds if LeBron went down is silly when you consider that very few people look at going to a place on the basis of what happens if theyre not able to play. Im pretty sure most people expect to play and make decisions based on whether or not pieces are complimentary more than whether theyre supplementary (as you seem to suggest).

Lisound15
06-07-2010, 03:35 AM
in all seriousness. You actually think noah is that valuable in signing one of the best basketball players in recent history? It must be that chicago air gettin to you. Snap out of your espn train of thought. You may love joakim noah to death but don't discredit people because what they say doesn't fit your perfect paradigm. Think about your roster. Long and hard. First it was deng for bosh and now its joakim noah will attract lebron james....like you actually don't see how unappetizing joakim noah is in comparison to bosh, wade, or even rose? A great comparison is saying "lbj will go to portland because they have marcus camby." it's ludicrous. Keep on dreaming bud. Joakim noah is more likely to sit out the whole year with plantar fasciitis. He's a good player but i mean come on. Be realistic. You put the joke in joakim noah....

x2

majestic
06-07-2010, 04:07 AM

you sound like a bitter milwaukee fan.. you failed by stating "he puts up decent numbers"

try again

D Roses Bulls
06-07-2010, 05:22 AM

i guess shaqdidnt care how perkins treated him either. please...... noah was an all star before he got injured. and the only reason you disagree cause he was right about cleveland, ive been to cleveland, what a horrible city, worst next to detroit.

what this cleveland.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

dabears2010
06-07-2010, 06:00 AM

This statement that Noah isn't great or an all-star is just plain rediculous dude. Come on now. He was 2nd in the NBA in rebounds until he got hurt on the best rebounding team in the NBA. He averaged a double-double and shot 74% from the FT line. Those are better numbers, by far than most centers in the league. And he's constantly working to improve. His jump shot might be ugly, but is consistantly dropping. He also averaged 1.6 BPG. He brings a lot of energy and I'd take Noah over MOST Centers in the NBA. He averaged 50.4 FG%, 74.4 FT%, 11 Reb, 1.56 Blk, .5 Stl, 2.1 Ast, 10.7 ppg all while battling Plantar fasciitis for most of the year and missing 18 games because of it. when he came back he was getting very limited minutes which affected these stats tremendously. Obviously if he's only out there for 5-10 minutes in a game, his per game stats will drop. These numbers are tremendous and you will see they will get even better next year.

RaysFan
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Noah is not an All-Star. He may make an All-Star in a fluke year but he is not and never will be a consistent All-Star type of player. I love Noah...he went to Florida which is the same school I went to. He is the type of guy you really want on your team. But he is not an elite big man and if he is your center then you will always have problems against big and tall teams.

Noah is an offensive version of Anderson Varejao. Varejao's specialty as an energy big is on defense. Noah is more offensive and fluid near the hoop. Both guys rebound well.

LETSGONETS
06-07-2010, 09:20 AM
people praising noah saying how well he will work with james...don't james/ noah get into fights every time they play eachother? it's not like noah is sucha greay player that they can reconcile their differences like shaq and kobe did james to chi= nono. Obviously being a bias nets fan lopez has a MUCH better upside but noah to me is an at best average center with alot of hair thats it

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I would say no. Noah doesn't get to much hype and praise in my eyes because he never really get any to begin with. I mean i respect him and his game a whole lot a guy with that effort is always great to have on the team.

But the bottom line is hes a role player and has no jump-shot to speak of. I mean his shooting form is so out of wack . I would love to have him on my team any-day though his hustle and heart cant be measured. And don't compare Noah to Gallo at all. Gallo has unlimited range and a unlimited upside and can handle to ball. He also went toe to toe with Carmelo this year. Which Noah cant...he needs to like hit the weight room or something and work on other fundamentals.

mikantsass
06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Noah can be a great role player on a contending team. He is over rated by Bulls fans (but who isnt), but he is a solid contributor. From an outsider looking in, it seems like his teammates dont like him. I dont know how true it is, but that is my observation

xxdc2tegxx
06-07-2010, 10:33 AM
people praising noah saying how well he will work with james...don't james/ noah get into fights every time they play eachother? it's not like noah is sucha greay player that they can reconcile their differences like shaq and kobe did james to chi= nono. Obviously being a bias nets fan lopez has a MUCH better upside but noah to me is an at best average center with alot of hair thats it

really...? nocioni, ron artest, bruce bowen, noah, varajeo....all these guys are will get under a players skin if you are playing AGAINST them.

But come on, I guarantee you if they were on your team...everything wo uld be smooth sailing. Look at ron artest and Kobe.

How many times has lebron praised Rose and Noah...at least 2-3 quotes directly from his mouth.

knicks09
06-07-2010, 10:38 AM
He's a great pleyer but its anoying when some Bull Fans say he's an All-Star when he isnt

mavwar53
06-07-2010, 10:51 AM
all of a sudden this entire forum has gone from a sports one to a hype forum, anyone want to talk about the hype surrounding the next eminem CD or the next device apple is gonna come out with? Hype Hype Hype, who really even talks about noah?

pacofunk64
06-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Noah is a guy that has improved every year since joining 3 years ago. If you're Lebron you know you have another A guy in Rose but in Noah you have a solid B guy. MJ had Pippen as another A guy, Horace Grant was his B guy. Noah isn't going to be a 20 ppg guy but he can average 15 pts and 12 rebounds per while also providing great defense and passion for the game.

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 10:57 AM
The wrong way to post.

Wahhhhhh Cry me a effen river, the OP started a bash thread IMO.

The right way to post.

there are only a handful of players in the league that can control and dominate a game without scoring and only using hustle and defense. Noah is one of those few players. I can understand how his game can look overhyped if your an outsider looking in and dont watch the Bulls that much. He is a 7 footer who initiates the fast break and can go coast to coast with the ball in his hands, hes a tremendous passer out of the post, obvioulsy a great rebounder and defender, and has a basketball IQ thats off the charts. Hes not perfect, no real post moves and hes still has to put on muscle to match the bigger centers. But he has great hops and gets up to the rim real quick for standing dunks and although his shot is ugly he hits it at a decent clip and is a great free throw shooter for a big man. And remember when he was out with injury, the Bulls lost 10 in a row. When he returned the Bulls made a run and made the playoffs. You will never in a million years ever say that about guys like Anderson V.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-07-2010, 10:58 AM
noah is a straight beast give the man some damn credit, his team was almost knocked out of the playoffs when he was slightly injured that's how good he is going to be.

THE_G.O.A.T.
06-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Noah is awesome, and he doesn't have a bunch of crappy tattoos like everyone else in the NBA.

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I would say no. Noah doesn't get to much hype and praise in my eyes because he never really get any to begin with. I mean i respect him and his game a whole lot a guy with that effort is always great to have on the team.

But the bottom line is hes a role player and has no jump-shot to speak of. I mean his shooting form is so out of wack . I would love to have him on my team any-day though his hustle and heart cant be measured. And don't compare Noah to Gallo at all. Gallo has unlimited range and a unlimited upside and can handle to ball. He also went toe to toe with Carmelo this year. Which Noah cant...he needs to like hit the weight room or something and work on other fundamentals.

talk about overhyping players that dont deserve it, this Gallo guy hasnt done jack and Knicks fans talk like hes the second coming. keep telling youself this guy can hit a 3 so one day he has to be good. yes please dont compare him to a player like Joakim, please.

BullySixChicago
06-07-2010, 11:12 AM

idk, just my thoughts, im sure many agree and there are those who will disagree (bulls fans) lol.....First of all maybe you need to watch him play more than 2-3 times per year. Furthermore if you have watched him in his first 2 years you would see a great deal of growth. He has finally decided that he wants to be a player thats a factor in the games rather just be a NBA player. HIs improvement on offense was tremendous and his rebounds on both ends and how he passes the ball brings smiles to Bulls fans. Yes Bron is saying I want to play with Rose and Noah simply because Noah has shown what he can do in both ends. Did you see what he did during the season and play off did you see what he did in the play-offs did you see what he did down the stretch to get the Bulls in the play-offs and did you see what happen to the Bulls when he was hurt? come on man banging on Noah wont get you anything he is becoming the next Dennis Rodman with less BS and more scoring

Shonuff
06-07-2010, 11:13 AM

Why would Lebron need 2 other players who could "put the team on their back". I think him and D Rose could fill that need and then you got a guy who is going to give you a double double on a fairly consistent basis. Maybe a player like Noah is exactly what LBJ was looking for along with another all-star.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Compare? whats there to compare seriously...... Gallo would win in all areas expect maybe rebounds which i bet is alot of offense rebounds or little tips.And who cares anyone with size and length can rebound.

Hes more trouble then he is worth anyway he has a big mouth a seems spoiled and not humble. How he gonna talk s**t to Lebron for having fun on the court. And then disses the city of Cleveland. Not saying i dont agree with Noah but still. Lebron deserves a little respect and he needs to stay in his place. Point blank

RipVW
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM

Thats hilarious. The Bulls outrebounded the Cavs 3 out of their 5 games. Since when is rebounding not important, in particular in the playoffs? LOL. To say you didnt care about him is to say the Cavs werent interested in winning the battle of the boards.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Why would he want to join with Noah when i bet lebron want to fist fight this guy. You people make no sense

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Why would he want to join with Noah when i bet lebron want to fist fight this guy. You people make no sense

yes Lebron wants to fight Noah, but we make no sense. :rolleyes:

colinskik
06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
noah is a role player,
and he likes his role.

i would love him on my team
THis exactly.

Bearsfan54
06-07-2010, 11:25 AM

Please explain how Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose are overrated... That's fricken hilarious.

footballer2369
06-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Actually, he probably would have been an all star had he not been injured. Like I said, a center is kind of like a catcher in baseball. Its kind of comes down to preference but both are defensive positions. Some would prefer a very good defensive catcher who is also a very good hitter. Others would prefer a great defensive catcher who is an average or poor hitter. But center is a position that puts a premium on defense typically. And so, in some respects a case can be made for whoever is at defense. But in the end, it comes down to impacting winning. When Noah goes down, they lose 10 in row. When Bogut went down, against the Hawks, the Bucks still made a series out of it.

And your stupid rule of thumb that involved scoring 40 pts and getting 20 rebounds if LeBron went down is silly when you consider that very few people look at going to a place on the basis of what happens if theyre not able to play. Im pretty sure most people expect to play and make decisions based on whether or not pieces are complimentary more than whether theyre supplementary (as you seem to suggest).

Doesn't matter what you prefer, Bogut and Dwight are tiers better than Noah. Horford and Lopez probably are too.

One elite level NBA skill does not make you elite or else Jason Kapono is elite, Shane Battier is elite, Eddie Curry is elite, etc. It makes you a good role player, period.

A real elite player and attraction, regardless of position, has a number of elite-level skills.

This is why guys like Noah don't compare to Wade, Bosh or Rose in attractiveness and should not be in the same sentence unless the same sentence encompasses your other role players as well.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Compare? whats there to compare seriously...... Gallo would win in all areas expect maybe rebounds which i bet is alot of offense rebounds or little tips.And who cares anyone with size and length can rebound.

Hes more trouble then he is worth anyway he has a big mouth a seems spoiled and not humble. How he gonna talk s**t to Lebron for having fun on the court. And then disses the city of Cleveland. Not saying i dont agree with Noah but still. Lebron deserves a little respect and he needs to stay in his place. Point blank

Get out of here with this Gallo talk. The Knicks dont even have a center on their roster other than Curry who you guys are waiting to get rid of.

Guess what? Rebounding's kind of important. Wow. Some Knicks fans really like to run in all directions. LOL

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I mean he dissed his hometown and team. Played his dancing skills and called Lebron a clown . Funny stuff but ya the kid should stay in his place and know his role. If i was LB i would have kicked his ***.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 11:34 AM
So what whos your center??????? Noah???? Hes a PF to me . Get outta town. And i wont stop with the Gallo talk cause the kid is a stud and alot of nba stars give him props.

effen5
06-07-2010, 11:36 AM
talk about overhyping players that dont deserve it, this Gallo guy hasnt done jack and Knicks fans talk like hes the second coming. keep telling youself this guy can hit a 3 so one day he has to be good. yes please dont compare him to a player like Joakim, please.

lmfao this

effen5
06-07-2010, 11:37 AM
So what whos your center??????? Noah???? Hes a PF to me . Get outta town. And i wont stop with the Gallo talk cause the kid is a stud and alot of nba stars give him props.

And a lot of players give Noah props including Lebron and a ton of ex players give Noah props like Charles Barkley who LOVES Noah.

They have respect for this guy.

RipVW
Doesn't matter what you prefer, Bogut and Dwight are tiers better than Noah. Horford and Lopez probably are too.

One elite level NBA skill does not make you elite or else Jason Kapono is elite, Shane Battier is elite, Eddie Curry is elite, etc. It makes you a good role player, period.

A real elite player and attraction, regardless of position, has a number of elite-level skills.

This is why guys like Noah don't compare to Wade, Bosh or Rose in attractiveness and should not be in the same sentence unless the same sentence encompasses your other role players as well.

It doesnt matter what you prefer. Center is a position that puts a premium on defense. Most of the big scorers in the league are SGs and SFs. Its not 1970, dude.

Most of what youre saying is garbage and has little relevance. Who is saying Noah is "elite"? Thats your choice of words. All Ive said is that he highly impacts winning. And he impacts winning more than a lot of the guys you mentioned. Thats what I care about.

Sorry, but Noah doesnt need to get shots to impact winning.

Like I said, its more about how someone impacts winning.

DaBUU

This is where everyone is getting it wrong with Noah, for a 7 ft center he does have a number of elite skills, not just rebounding. a lot of you guys in here know basketball so i'm surprised at the discredit given to Noah in this thread. Guys like him dont come around often nowadays.

effen5
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Heres the deal, hes obviously not going to elite but hes going to have a very crucial role in any championship team. He reminds me alot of Dennis Rodman, hustle, energy, tip ins, offensive/defensive rebounds, love to get under players skins, and speaks his mind....hes exactly like Dennis Rodman.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 11:39 AM

Im glad you brought up power forwards because you dont have one of those either.

I guess it makes sense though that you wouldnt have a center, which is a position that puts a premium on defense. Your coach doesnt care about defense so why would you need a center, right?

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Heres the deal, hes obviously not going to elite but hes going to have a very crucial role in any championship team. He reminds me alot of Dennis Rodman, hustle, energy, tip ins, offensive/defensive rebounds, love to get under players skins, and speaks his mind....hes exactly like Dennis Rodman.

Rodman was elite, and you're correct comparing the two

RipVW
06-07-2010, 11:42 AM

He's similar to Dennis Rodman. But Dennis Rodman is probably the best rebounder and "in the trenches" player in the history of the game. But youre right, he's a 7 footer whose style of play more closely resembles Rodman than it does a prototypical center, which is a relic from 1970.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Ok its easy to get a center who cares. We got money to burn and deals to make. And the best defense is the best offense. I mean everyone knows that. Offense beats defense in basketball this isn't football.

Oefarmy2005
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Noah is good and I agree with that. What I don't agree with, is the Bulls fans starting new threads about him every other day.

Sports Illustrator
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't really see Noah as a role player. He is rated right where he should be. I think he has emerged to being one of the best defensive big man in the game. It's not really easy to find centers out there that can do what he does. The big problem with him is his offense but he's still a great player.

effen5
06-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Noah is good and I agree with that. What I don't agree with, is the Bulls fans starting new threads about him every other day.

?? This is the first Noah thread Ive seen in a long time and it was started by a Bucks fan:rolleyes:

RipVW
06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Rodman was elite, and you're correct comparing the two

Most people would use a checklist from 1970 to define elite.

Can he score on the block-- Check
Can he rebound-- Check
Can he pass out of the post- Check
Does he run the floor-- Check
Does he have multiple offensive moves-- Check

This is a list from 1970 before the game was played above the rim. For the past 30 years, youve had wing players that could reject centers. That wasnt so much true in 1970. The league has become more specialized and Dennis Rodman is the perfect example of that. If youre using a modern checklist, Rodman is elite. If youre using the 1970 checklist, Rodman is not elite.

When you talk about the 2nd three peat, its not Jordan and Pippen. It's Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. And Rodman didnt care about scoring.

No one is saying Noah is Rodman, but Bulls fans, of all people, know the value of what that specialized rebounder is. Basketball is not a one on one sport. Its a game of complimentary pieces.

Team*Chicago
Noah is not getting to much hype and praise, you are just sick and tired of hearing Noah's name and he is nowhere near overrated.

C_Mund
Ok its easy to get a center who cares. We got money to burn and deals to make. And the best defense is the best offense. I mean everyone knows that. Offense beats defense in basketball this isn't football.

How's Curry doing for ya?
It's more than just caring. There is an extreme shortage of seven-footers who play the game properly. Noah focuses on defense (positioning as well as one-on-one), takes shots he can make, rebounds like a champ and has tons of energy. He personally shut down Bosh on more than one occasion. I'm getting kinda tired of the hype too, but I was hoping he'd be a part of a CB4 sign and trade since last summer.
....and this is from a guy who HATED Noah in Florida. I thought Corey Brewer was going to be WAY better in the NBA than Joakim.

Ezekial
06-07-2010, 11:51 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Noah is this teams Rodman.

High energy, high intensity, the will to win, he fires up the players around him, and he looks awesome in a bow-tie.

His shot is uglier than sin, but they go in more than they used to.

To above poster I hated Noah in Florida too, but I hate UofF in general. But, ever since the middle of his rookie year, I've grown to love The Joakim.

JonnyBrav000
06-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Noah is a legitimate number 3 guy on a championship team, and he will be an all star someday, the only thing that is overhyped is Lebron. He is great but let's not forget D. Wade is a free agent and he can take over games just as well as Lebron, plus he's already won a championship. Bulls fans should be happy if any of these guys are interested in signing with them.

I just hope one of these guys comes to the Knicks, not sure if I really see that happening tho, but for some reason I think I would prefer Wade. I really see Lebron as a Diva and a guy who really has a King complex. Great player, but the guy only cares about branding himself, with Wade I think you will get a guy who is more focused on being a ball player, instead of being an icon.

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 11:52 AM

yup the fact that the two teams still playing are both very good defensive teams must be a coincidence. The recent Suns teams, one of the best offensive teams in the history of the NBA, could not win a title because of poor defense. Everything slows down in the playoffs and defense wins.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Ok but you cant compare rodman to noah so don't even try. Rodman really was enforcer and knew how to get into people head. Noah is still just a kid he needs time to develop then you can maybe start to compare after maybe 2-3 years. How do you think Noah would match up aginist the mailman? Give me a break

RipVW
06-07-2010, 11:55 AM
I don't really see Noah as a role player. He is rated right where he should be. I think he has emerged to being one of the best defensive big man in the game. It's not really easy to find centers out there that can do what he does. The big problem with him is his offense but he's still a great player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zZI67_MjM4

This clip speaks a lot to what Noah brings. First of all, not a lot of centers could run the floor like this. And notice how it doesnt even involve a rebound. Its a clutch play that shows his mobility and defensive anticipation.

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zZI67_MjM4

This clip speaks a lot to what Noah brings. First of all, not a lot of centers could run the floor like this. And notice how it doesnt even involve a rebound. Its a clutch play that shows his mobility and defensive anticipation.

good example cuz this isnt a rare play from Noah, he does stuff like this every game.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 12:00 PM
yup the fact that the two teams still playing are both very good defensive teams must be a coincidence. The recent Suns teams, one of the best offensive teams in the history of the NBA, could not win a title because of poor defense. Everything slows down in the playoffs and defense wins.

I dont consider the Suns the best offense team. Numbers lie you know. All they do is just chuck up 3's and are under sized. I knew they were headed nowhere and nowhere fast. Bottom line who score the most points win. Yes you need some defensive skeems but its its not everything. The spurs won all those times cause they had the best teamwork not the best defense.

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:01 PM
I dont consider the Suns the best offense team. Numbers lie you know. All they do is just chuck up 3's and are under sized. I knew they were headed nowhere and nowhere fast. Bottom line who score the most points win. Yes you need some defensive skeems but its its not everything. The spurs won all those times cause they had the best teamwork not the best defense.

But that Spurs team was also one of the top 5 defensive teams in the league...

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? I sure as hell don't. You look at the past 20 years, and I bet you the top 5 defensive teams have won the title every year.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 12:02 PM
good example cuz this isnt a rare play from Noah, he does stuff like this every game.

He does do this stuff. It may not be running the floor and beating a wing player to the basket off his dribble but you see the mobility when he can chase down long rebounds, which is big considering theres a lot of long rebounds with all the 3 point shooting in the league.

smiddy012
06-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Noah is an offensive version of Anderson Varejao. Varejao's specialty as an energy big is on defense. Noah is more offensive and fluid near the hoop. Both guys rebound well.

Im tired of hearing the Noah/Sideshow Bob comparisons. Varejao really doesnt have **** on Noah. Varejao looks like a complete dope when hes out there compared to Noah. Noahs balls skills have gotten much better since his rookie year (when the Noah/Varejao comparison held water).

How many players have the balls to get in Brons face when he showboats? If anything Lebron grew respect for Noah. Bron doesnt have a killer mentality, its not like Lebron is MJ. If anybody ever got in MJs face like that he would want to kill em (figuratively speaking), then again MJ would never showboat like that. When Noah originally got in Brons face, Bron had this mystified look on his face like "who the hell is this guy?" Initially I was a bit taken off gaurd by Noahs aggressiveness but he does stand for something and tradition woudlve probably been the most applicable principle to the dispute. Noah backs up everything he says. Personally I dont care if a guy talks smack as long as he brings it everytime on gameday. And its not like Noah is straight up disrespectul or a punk or anything, he may very well be too blunt however. The whole my city is better than yours dispute was Noah basically making the statement that he has more to fight for in Chicago than Bron does in Cleveland.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Well anyway my point remains. I could care less about the past 20 years ago they tell me nothing the future. The facts are that its a OFFENSIVE GAME!! Who cares if you have the best defensive in the damn world but cant score.

But i dont care Noah is overrated and if you think that tooth pick is your defensive enforcer i feel sorry for bulls fans

gwrighter
Why would Lebron need 2 other players who could "put the team on their back". I think him and D Rose could fill that need and then you got a guy who is going to give you a double double on a fairly consistent basis. Maybe a player like Noah is exactly what LBJ was looking for along with another all-star.

If you look at the two teams that are in the finals. The guys that can take over games are.

Celtics
Rondo
Pierce
Allen

Lakers
Kobe
Pau
Lamar Odom is Close

if you want to avg. it out you need 2.75 players that can take over games and win them for you.

side not: don't say that noah is comparable to lamar odom because that is not even close to being true.

effen5
Well anyway my point remains. I could care less about the past 20 years ago they tell me nothing the future. The facts are that its a OFFENSIVE GAME!! Who cares if you have the best defensive in the damn world but cant score.

But i dont care Noah is overrated and if you think that tooth pick is your defensive enforcer i feel sorry for bulls fans

Eddy Curry :facepalm:

And no its not an offensive game...is it shocking two of the best defensive teams are in the finals?

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 12:12 PM
It doesnt matter what you prefer. Center is a position that puts a premium on defense. Most of the big scorers in the league are SGs and SFs. Its not 1970, dude.

Most of what youre saying is garbage and has little relevance. Who is saying Noah is "elite"? Thats your choice of words. All Ive said is that he highly impacts winning. And he impacts winning more than a lot of the guys you mentioned. Thats what I care about.

you are saying he's elite by calling him an all-star.....

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:13 PM

Just bc your an all star does not mean you are elite...See Brad Miller a decade ago.

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 12:13 PM

smiddy012
06-07-2010, 12:14 PM

You may want to look up a few names... namely Dennis Rodman... Ben Wallace... and Eddy Curry...

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Ok you bring up Eddy Curry for what.....

Ok you keep practicing on your defensive and i train on my offense and see who wins. Its all irreverent. You talk of denfense like its a stat? Its all about teamwork and a balance on both ends. But guess what..... Whoever score the most points wins not the most blocks and you tell me its not a offensive game.....wow

ROY 2 MVP Braun
06-07-2010, 12:15 PM
noah is a straight beast give the man some damn credit, his team was almost knocked out of the playoffs when he was slightly injured that's how good he is going to be.

:facepalm:look at ur sig!!! how mad are you gonna be when the knicks dont get no dynasty cause they have nothing but marketing to promise big name players n even 2 max free agents arent gonna be able to carry the rest of the scrubs on the knicks thats almost as bad as the chicago fans who really think lebron is gonna sign in chicago n live under the comparasions of mj for his career lebrons not stupid he know's he's no were close n he wont be close to the success of jordan:facepalm:

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Umm :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

NYKstateOFmind
EDDIE CURRY HIS HIS PRIME WOULD MAKE NOAH LOOK LIKE A MIDDLE SCHOOLER!

2nd of all he dont need curry anymore hes one of our trade chips. Curry has had a tough life recently too so i would watch my words when speaking about people you dont know

effen5
:facepalm:look at ur sig!!! how mad are you gonna be when the knicks dont get no dynasty cause they have nothing but marketing to promise big name players n even 2 max free agents arent gonna be able to carry the rest of the scrubs on the knicks thats almost as bad as the chicago fans who really think lebron is gonna sign in chicago n live under the comparasions of mj for his career lebrons not stupid he know's he's no were close n he wont be close to the success of jordan:facepalm:

Double :facepalm:

gwrighter

LOL DENNIS RODMAN! are you KIDDING!?????????

This man Avg. 18.7 REBS PER IN 80 GAMES! Noah Struggled to average 11 rebounds in 64 GAMES! next you are going to be comparing Rose to Michael Jordan. This is not a good comparison.

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:18 PM
EDDIE CURRY HIS HIS PRIME WOULD MAKE NOAH LOOK LIKE A MIDDLE SCHOOLER!

2nd of all he dont need curry anymore hes one of our trade chips. Curry has had a tough life recently too so i would watch my words when speaking about people you dont know

Eddy Curry in his prime would still eat a whole box of pizza on his own for lunch then won't be able to run the floor.

Oefarmy2005
06-07-2010, 12:19 PM
?? This is the first Noah thread Ive seen in a long time and it was started by a Bucks fan:rolleyes:

Really? Go to the comparisons page and you will see that, yes granted not for a few weeks, but a month or so ago there were threads on Noah literaly every other day, how he is better than so and so, and better then so and so. I also thought that Brewer would be better than Noah, and was happy when we picked him, but it turned out differently. I guarantee that almost nobody thought Noah would be as good as he is, not even professional scouts.

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:19 PM
LOL DENNIS RODMAN! are you KIDDING!?????????

This man Avg. 18.7 REBS PER IN 80 GAMES! Noah Struggled to average 11 rebounds in 64 GAMES! next you are going to be comparing Rose to Michael Jordan. This is not a good comparison.

...He reminds me of Rodman bro, the way he plays. Its an excellent comparison since I've seen both play and the similarities are there.

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 12:20 PM
This is where everyone is getting it wrong with Noah, for a 7 ft center he does have a number of elite skills, not just rebounding. a lot of you guys in here know basketball so i'm surprised at the discredit given to Noah in this thread. Guys like him dont come around often nowadays.

What are the skills that he possesses besides rebounding?

effen5
Really? Go to the comparisons page and you will see that, yes granted not for a few weeks, but a month or so ago there were threads on Noah literaly every other day, how he is better than so and so, and better then so and so. I also thought that Brewer would be better than Noah, and was happy when we picked him, but it turned out differently. I guarantee that almost nobody thought Noah would be as good as he is, not even professional scouts.

Oh I don't go into the comparisons page, lol thats probably why.

effen5

Passing, running on a break, and hes very smart with the ball. Him running on the break is a HUGE PLUS.

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 12:24 PM

oh no, here we go with the "Shadow" :facepalm:

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok isnt eveyone suppose to good at those things... i mean even last man on the bench can say he is a good runner or passer.....this is the nba people

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Passing, running on a break, and hes very smart with the ball. Him running on the break is a HUGE PLUS.

So passing, and a high basketball IQ. filling the lanes is just a testament to his work ethic, not so much a direct skill set. Those skills will make him a great role player, not an elite basketball player.

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:26 PM
So passing, and a high basketball IQ. filling the lanes is just a testament to his work ethic, not so much a direct skill set. Those skills will make him a great role player, not an elite basketball player.

Again, I didn't say he was an elite player.

ALL STAR DOES NOT MEAN ELITE

BRAD MILLER WAS AN ALL STAR AT ONE POINT IN HIS CAREER IS HE AN ELITE?!!?!? NO!

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 12:28 PM

1. 7ft center who can initiate and run the break with the ball in his hands
2. Tremendous passer out of the post, one of the best passing centers in the game
3. Basketball IQ off the charts
4. defender and shot blocker who can get out in the backcourt and has the speed to stay in front of a lot of forwards and most big men
5. Elite level hustle and energy with a a motor that literally never stops while hes on the cout, Noah does not take one play off the entire game

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Ok isnt eveyone suppose to good at those things... i mean even last man on the bench can say he is a good runner or passer.....this is the nba people

Except people on the bench have specific roles?

Like the old Bulls team

Steve Kerr - Three Point specialist - Not a great passer, not a great runner, not a great defensive player but was HUGE in the playoffs.

Jud Bucheler - Great three point shooter, energy player, not a great passer

Randy Brown - Good Defensive player, ok mid game shooter

Toni Kukoc - Great offensive game, okay passer

smiddy012
06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Under Thibodeau Noah is an all star no doubt. Will he be elite under Thibs now thats a better question...

Oh and in Rodmans first four years he didnt even average more than 10 rebounds per game. But its not like we're calling Noah the best rebounder ever or anything.

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Again, I didn't say he was an elite player.

ALL STAR DOES NOT MEAN ELITE

BRAD MILLER WAS AN ALL STAR AT ONE POINT IN HIS CAREER IS HE AN ELITE?!!?!? NO!

Being an all-star is being elite. Brad miller was an elite player. He is a centre that can shoot the 3, That is an elite level skill. He could score the ball in a number of ways as well and distribute even better than noah. so if he is not elite then noah definitely isn't.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
But when you say all star is still a huge stretch . I mean that was a fluke right. 3 people most have been hurt that year and i doubt he would get many all star votes based on his rep.

And i really dont know how you get off calling him a good passer if u just say Kukoc is a okay passer??? what makes noah better never seen no special passing skills.....

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:37 PM
But when you say all star is still a huge stretch . I mean that was a fluke right. 3 people most have been hurt that year and i doubt he would get many all star votes based on his rep.

And i really dont know how you get off calling him a good passer if u just say Kukoc is a okay passer??? what makes noah better never seen no special passing skills.....

Why because he doesn't throw it around his back? His vision is impeccable and when hes driving down the lane full speed and throwing a lob for Rose? Brad Miller mustve taken Noah under his wing

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 12:38 PM

well then they must not exist since some guy in NY hasnt seen them before.

smiddy012
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
But when you say all star is still a huge stretch

Considering his play last year, his overall mentality, and his new coach him being an all star is almost a given (unless he gets injured).

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
noah's stats are more reflective of the lack of depth in your front court, and not how good he truly is. If he was putting up these numbers next to brendan haywood or Bynum, that would be saying something.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Well isnt he injury prone? i mean hes built like a tooth pick. And David Lee is a better passer then Noah by far he can handle the ball from almost anywhere and even had a triple double this year. So okay?!?! Yes i do know good passing when i see it. Haha and aww damn Noah cant do a behind the back pass.....damn what a shame.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
His pony tail must get in the way....

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
noah's stats are more reflective of the lack of depth in your front court, and not how good he truly is. If he was putting up these numbers next to brendan haywood or Bynum, that would be saying something.

that makes 0.0 sense. the fact that he puts up good stats all by himself in the post doesnt mean much? but if he were putting those numbers up with another good defender beside him, it would mean more?

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 12:49 PM
that makes 0.0 sense. the fact that he puts up good stats all by himself in the post doesnt mean much? but if he were putting those numbers up with another good defender beside him, it would mean more?

Take my team (the raptors) for example. Chris bosh was averaging 11.4 rebs per game before he got injured. This isn't because bosh is an amazing rebounder, its because andrea bargnani doesnt grab boards....

effen5
06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Take my team (the raptors) for example. Chris bosh was averaging 11.4 rebs per game before he got injured. This isn't because bosh is an amazing rebounder, its because andrea bargnani doesnt grab boards....

Taj Gibson was avging 7.4 rebounds a game:shrug:

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Wheres your common sense. Hes the only rebounder on the team and you guys think he's dennis rodman second coming

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 12:57 PM

bargs grabbed 6.3 i think. i think the discrepancy in our views comes from that to the bulls noah is an all-star and an MVP alongside of rose. But in comparison to the rest of the nba its a little different.

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Wheres your common sense. Hes the only rebounder on the team and you guys think he's dennis rodman second coming

thats like saying Kobe only scores 30 points a game because no one else on the team can score 30. (just an example, i know Gasol is capable). My point is Kobe score cuz thats what hes capable of regardless of who else is on the floor. Noah rebounds, not because of who the Bulls PF is, but because he's capable of grabbing all those boards.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Ya and lee was a double double guy all the time. But you dont see me calling him a rebounding master. Even though he made the all star game .

MassoDio
06-07-2010, 01:02 PM

Just stop. Nothing you have said has any factual basis to it.

If Noah was the only rebounder on the team, then how did the Bulls lead the league in rebounding.

The answer is one of two things, either Noah is not the ONLY rebounder on the team, and once again, your statement is not based on facts, or....

There are a number of good rebounders on the team (and I will give you a hint...Taj Gibson, over 7 rebounds a game as a rookie, and Deng, over 7 rebounds a game from the small forward position) and Noah just happens to lead them all.

And whoever said that being an All-Star makes you elite is a little off his rocker. Allen Iverson made the All-Star team THIS YEAR. Iverson is not elite THIS YEAR, but yet he was still an All Star. No, being an All Star doesn't mean you are elite, it means you are popular with the fans.

Noah may not be elite, but that in no way means that he won't be a factor is LeBron decides to go to Chicago.

LeBron, like any other superstar player, wants a TEAM that can compete, not just one other player that is elite.

Someone keeps saying that Noah will not factor in LeBron's decision because he is not on the level of Wade or Rose. Well, it doesn't matter if he is not on the level of those players. For one...Rose is on Noah's team. Second, stars want to be sure that there are other players that can play at a high level. Noah is absolutely a player that plays at a high level. Noah is being mentioned as one of the two players that can attract LeBron for a reason. He is exactly what teams with star players NEED to compete at the highest level. He is one of the two corner stones of the Bulls future. That is why is being mentioned. Noah is not over-hyped. He may not be elite, but he is a type of player that is essential to success on the team level.

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 01:06 PM
thats like saying Kobe only scores 30 points a game because no one else on the team can score 30. (just an example, i know Gasol is capable). My point is Kobe score cuz thats what hes capable of regardless of who else is on the floor. Noah rebounds, not because of who the Bulls PF is, but because he's capable of grabbing all those boards.

Check out the boston celtics. They have so many great rebounders on their team that no one avg.'s over 7 rebounds per game. That doesnt mean Kevin Garnett, kendrick perkins and rasheed wallace arent good rebounders. It just means that they have so many(good rebounders) that the rebounds are distributed evenly.

sean17c
06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
noah is a top 5 center in the league period. and if any of you guys watched him play this year, then you would know.

he is a KEY player for the bulls and i would rather have him, than any other center in the league.

what other center IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, CAN do this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BkOW7OllBE

and he dominated in the playoffs, and he wasnt even 100 %

noah WILL make the allstar team this year. he said he was going to be in the gym all summer. his rebounding and passing is already good. he was already putting up 10 and 12 with 2 blocks. his mid range was already getting better.

.. smh at overrating king noah. lmao

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh wow can you get out of here with all this Taj Gibson talk. Dudes a nobody. Ya'll should of kept Tyrus Thomas no clue why you guys let him go

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:12 PM
See this guy just said Noah is a top 5. What kind of creditability do you show. Hes not even a legit nba center

Howard
Gasol
Bynum
Perkins
Bogut
Lopez
Bynum

come on hes not even close. He couldnt even stop shaq

effen5
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh wow can you get out of here with all this Taj Gibson talk. Dudes a nobody. Ya'll should of kept Tyrus Thomas no clue why you guys let him go

Because Tyrus was all potential and he is going to be a bust. He shows all the potential in the world like Mbeasley but he just can't get it done on the floor.

Taj on the other hand is a ****in stud. He is a very smart hard working player and any team would love to have him. Doug Collins LOVES Taj.

sean17c
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
See this guy just said Noah is a top 5. What kind of creditability do you show. Hes not even a legit nba center

Howard
Gasol
Bynum
Perkins
Bogut
Lopez
Bynum

nobody can stop shaq.
pau is a pf. and noah is better than bynum perkins. so he is top 5.

also noah is a champion who will give his all until he cant anymore. i cant say that about anybody on that list

effen5
06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
noah is a top 5 center in the league period. and if any of you guys watched him play this year, then you would know.

he is a KEY player for the bulls and i would rather have him, than any other center in the league.

what other center IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, CAN do this..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BkOW7OllBE

and he dominated in the playoffs, and he wasnt even 100 %

noah WILL make the allstar team this year. he said he was going to be in the gym all summer. his rebounding and passing is already good. he was already putting up 10 and 12 with 2 blocks. his mid range was already getting better.

.. smh at overrating king noah. lmao

Hes not top 5, maybe top 10, definitely top 15. Like I said hes a VERY GOOD ROLE PLAYER.

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Just stop. Nothing you have said has any factual basis to it.

If Noah was the only rebounder on the team, then how did the Bulls lead the league in rebounding.

The answer is one of two things, either Noah is not the ONLY rebounder on the team, and once again, your statement is not based on facts, or....

There are a number of good rebounders on the team (and I will give you a hint...Taj Gibson, over 7 rebounds a game as a rookie, and Deng, over 7 rebounds a game from the small forward position) and Noah just happens to lead them all.

And whoever said that being an All-Star makes you elite is a little off his rocker. Allen Iverson made the All-Star team THIS YEAR. Iverson is not elite THIS YEAR, but yet he was still an All Star. No, being an All Star doesn't mean you are elite, it means you are popular with the fans.

Noah may not be elite, but that in no way means that he won't be a factor is LeBron decides to go to Chicago.

LeBron, like any other superstar player, wants a TEAM that can compete, not just one other player that is elite.

Someone keeps saying that Noah will not factor in LeBron's decision because he is not on the level of Wade or Rose. Well, it doesn't matter if he is not on the level of those players. For one...Rose is on Noah's team. Second, stars want to be sure that there are other players that can play at a high level. Noah is absolutely a player that plays at a high level. Noah is being mentioned as one of the two players that can attract LeBron for a reason. He is exactly what teams with star players NEED to compete at the highest level. He is one of the two corner stones of the Bulls future. That is why is being mentioned. Noah is not over-hyped. He may not be elite, but he is a type of player that is essential to success on the team level.

1. Whats the other thing?
2. your team doesnt have a true centre, noah is a PF by nature. Hence players have to help out and crash the boards instead of filling the lanes.(Deng). Taj gibson is an alright rebounder right now. He will get better though.
3. more often then not elite players are the most popular with the fans.... Iverson is a hall of famer so don't bash this man. he lead his team to the finals by himself, where as Joke-him noah cant even lead his team out of the first round.
4. he is a factor, just not an important one. Lebron isn't going to choose chicago because they have joakim noah dude.
5. look at the two teams that are in the finals...look at their rosters, now at yours, and compare the two.
6. not a deciding factor on the matter. it's a plus that he is there but not a deciding factor like Drose is.
7. I agree

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
i dont know man i think your really pushing it with top 5. why cant you just say 10 to be on the safe side. I mean there's guys like Al Jefferson and others. And how he better then Perkins and byum when they up in the finals and i think Noah is a PF anyway that should be his natural position. He cant bang with the big boys

Chi City23
06-07-2010, 01:23 PM

Howard
Gasol
Bynum
Perkins
Bogut
Lopez
Bynum

1st off you listed Bynum TWICE and then you go and list Gasol :confused:

Noah is around 5th or 6th imo.

ink
06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
noah is a PF by nature.

I have to scratch my head at this. Noah is definitely a C. In fact he's exactly the type of C that would complement Bosh well. I would think Bosh would be very interested in playing beside a player like that especially after the pounding he's taken in Toronto for 7 years playing as a slight PF and doing a lot of the crashing a C should be doing. As for Lebron or Wade, I'd think they'd be happy having such a solid role player as Noah in that important slot. He doesn't need to carry the team in any way. THEY do that. Why would he need to? He has a different role, and from what I've seen he does a pretty good job of it. That's pretty valuable.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Noah's good, like the dude, but top 5 center idk.

RipVW
06-07-2010, 01:30 PM

His 36 minute numbers put Taj over 10 rebounds per game. LOL

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Ok and noah a center and Gasol isnt?!?!?
First of all Gasol is like a Foward-Center and you cant even try to compare the two. Gasol is twice times better. And stop actin like Noah is a center anyway

kEviN21
06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Noah is like a Varejao but 10 times better. Lebron will love him.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 01:33 PM
After seeing bynum go off last night with a slightly torn knee, I don't think you can say Noah is better than him

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Tim Duncun isnt a center just cause you tall dont make you a center. And if we would discuss Pf/centers. Your golden child would not rank up high at all

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Noah and Varejao are the same person. I would might even give a slight edge to Varejao cause he proved his self more in the postseason and isnt as injury prone

sean17c
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
noah has played center his entire career. i dont know where you guys got the pf thing from.

ink
06-07-2010, 01:38 PM
noah has played center his entire career. i dont know where you guys got the pf thing from.

I don't either.

Plus it's off topic. The thread is not about whether he's a PF or a C. If we're drifting off topic maybe the thread is done.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
^ Noah is a C

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Well it would just be smart if yall played him as a pf. Cause this ant college no more he's gonna get worn down. But hey y'all work with what y'all got

Lakersho
06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I guess it's because he's a high energy player and he has high potential. I mean, he would most definitely play like an All-star if he had LeBron as a teammate.

I like Noah. He's so..I don't know, he just doesn't care about anything but going out, and performing on the court. Hence, "I never heard anyone say they want to go to Cleveland on vacation.." He goes out, plays tough, and does his job. I'd love to have him in Orlando.

I agree with both ,noah plys as hard as he can the whole time he's out there,and with pride, and heart, you cant teach that or buy that , its got to be in you ....

gwrighter
06-07-2010, 01:43 PM
I have to scratch my head at this. Noah is definitely a C. In fact he's exactly the type of C that would complement Bosh well. I would think Bosh would be very interested in playing beside a player like that especially after the pounding he's taken in Toronto for 7 years playing as a slight PF and doing a lot of the crashing a C should be doing. As for Lebron or Wade, I'd think they'd be happy having such a solid role player as Noah in that important slot. He doesn't need to carry the team in any way. THEY do that. Why would he need to? He has a different role, and from what I've seen he does a pretty good job of it. That's pretty valuable.

He primarily played PF in college though. He excelled because he could take players off the dribble. Now in the league he is forced to play the 5 spot with underdeveloped post up skills. Bosh would be interested for sure, but we are discussing about LBJ. As for Lebron and wade, they would be satisfied having joakim at that position but it's not something that would seal the deal for them when contemplating potential teams. There are so many more important factors to consider then joakim noah. That is all i am saying. I used the carrying the team example to demonstrate that playing with bosh and dwade and rose is more important then playing with noah. As raps fans it would be like us saying that LBJ will come to toronto because of Bosh and Bargnani. Implying that they are equal factors in lebron's decision. Which they are not.

smiddy012
06-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Well it would just be smart if yall played him as a pf. Cause this ant college no more he's gonna get worn down. But hey y'all work with what y'all got

A true yankee scoffs at those who use the word "yall."

Cubsfan365
06-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Noah and Varejao are the same person. I would might even give a slight edge to Varejao cause he proved his self more in the postseason and isnt as injury prone
Are you kidding?? Noah averaged 15 ppg and 13 rpg in the playoffs this year compared to Varejao's 6 and 7

awmathewsjr
06-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Do you know what Joakim Noah, Tayshaun Prince, Hedo Turkoglu, Emeka Okafor, Mo Williams, Mike Bibby, Andre Iguodala, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Stephen Jackson, Marcus Camby, Deron Williams, Kevin Martin, Lamar Odom, and Jason Terry all have in common? NO ALL-STAR APPEARANCES. So just because the guy isn't an all pro dosen't make him unworthy of playing with LeBron or Wade. And as far as the hype is concerned, I challenge you to name me another team in the Lebron sweepstakes that has a better core than D.Rose and Noah.

Lakersho
06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
nobody can stop shaq.
pau is a pf. and noah is better than bynum perkins. so he is top 5.

also noah is a champion who will give his all until he cant anymore. i cant say that about anybody on that list

you need to take a time out bro,:facepalm: he's no where near that good .dont get me wrong i like his hustle, but really??? i can name at least 7 or 8 i'd take before him...

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Who cares about stats and numbers. Its all about rings and what you do in the playoffs. Varejao was part of a eastern conference finals team and played a big role. So shut ya mouth and try and get out the first round next year.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Well look who looked dumb when bulls made the playoffs and could have used another inside force. Thats the dumb part. And then you blame your coach and fire him even threw Rose protest and start all over with a loser *** new coach. So dont talk to me about dumb ****** boy. I cant feel sorry for you Chicago bulls fan anymore you guys dont know basketball

LOL WUT :laugh:

no not you that other guy who pissed me off. you seem to know what your talking about and have some logic

Lakeshow86
06-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I think hes a fine player but hes not going to be a star player i think. When they said that Lebron could go to bulls to play with Rose and Noah im thinking Rose and Noah are good players but not at the same quality that Kobe has. Lebron needs more than Rose and Noah if he want to win

Super.
Noah is a solid, average center that has certain intangables you cannot teach in a player.

Intensity
Heart

Exactly why i hate the guy :D

Cubsfan365
Who cares about stats and numbers. Its all about rings and what you do in the playoffs. Varejao was part of a eastern conference finals team and played a big role. So shut ya mouth and try and get out the first round next year.
He made it to the ECF solely because of LeBron. Clearly you are just misinformed about everything, please stop talking.

sean17c
06-07-2010, 01:54 PM

hmmm. favorites to win....

best record in the league for 2 straight years.

best player in the game 2 mvps..

stacked team....

still couldnt make it at least to the finals.... PRICELESS

spoonhoops
06-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Noah deserves all the credit he is getting. Most NBA teams would be lucky to get such a hard-working defensive minded pf/c that Noah brings to the table.

ink
06-07-2010, 01:56 PM
He primarily played PF in college though. He excelled because he could take players off the dribble. Now in the league he is forced to play the 5 spot with underdeveloped post up skills. Bosh would be interested for sure, but we are discussing about LBJ. As for Lebron and wade, they would be satisfied having joakim at that position but it's not something that would seal the deal for them when contemplating potential teams. There are so many more important factors to consider then joakim noah. That is all i am saying. I used the carrying the team example to demonstrate that playing with bosh and dwade and rose is more important then playing with noah. As raps fans it would be like us saying that LBJ will come to toronto because of Bosh and Bargnani. Implying that they are equal factors in lebron's decision. Which they are not.

The fact is that Rose and Noah have proven themselves to be a very effective duo. If the FA player is smart -- or even if they're not but they're frustrated that they didn't have the right teammates around them in their previous city :cool: -- they would HIGHLY VALUE players who know their roles and execute them well. It will make their jobs easier.

You have to think that professional basketball players know the value of great role players. I bet KG values Perkins, Kobe values Fisher, Nash values Lopez, Dudley or Amundsen, etc, etc. Hell, I bet Michael Jordan valued Steve Kerr and Bill Wennington. It doesn't imply that those players are equal at all. It says clearly that they're great in their roles. As we know from this past Raptors season, knowing roles is a HUGE factor.

I don't want to drift off topic, but LBJ wouldn't be drawn to Toronto to play with Bosh and Bargnani despite how much we have wished that those two would play well together. By using that example you've actually outlined the reason why a player like LBJ might want to play in Chicago.

Rose and Noah have chemistry and are productive together. They are an excellent combo, they follow a time-tested approach to those positions, and they look to be one great player away from being a very good team. Contrast that with the muddle that Lebron has been working with for the past few years in CLE. Try as they might, they just couldn't build a solid structure around him. Having a very solid PG/C tandem in place in Chicago makes that team a very desirable location.

IMO that's why Noah is so highly valued. Not as an individual player, but as a player who many stars would like to have backing them up with solid play.

Shonuff
06-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Ok but you cant compare rodman to noah so don't even try. Rodman really was enforcer and knew how to get into people head. Noah is still just a kid he needs time to develop then you can maybe start to compare after maybe 2-3 years. How do you think Noah would match up aginist the mailman? Give me a break

You just keep backpedaling. Who is trying to compare Noah to Karl Malone? WTF are you smoking. You are wayyyy outclassed here. You get put in your place and then you try to create a whole new argument nobody had ever mentioned.

NYKstateOFmind
06-07-2010, 01:58 PM
hmmm. favorites to win....

best record in the league for 2 straight years.

best player in the game 2 mvps..

stacked team....

still couldnt make it at least to the finals.... PRICELESS

Dont call Lebron the best player. He gets away with murder all the time and the refs are always on his side. Stacked team?? Cavs only have one player everyone else is nobodies.
I was rooting for the bulls all the way though i thought you guys could have got the upset. Rose is one of my fav pg's in the leaque. Kobe's the best player cause he has the most rings. Simple

12loser12
06-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Noah's offensive game is a little unpolished, but there aren't many athletic big men in the game with a tremendous offensive game right now. People generally consider Dwight to be the best overall center, and even his O is pretty unremarkable. As for the rest of the package, Noah had more Reb and Blocks early in the season than Dwight. I'm not sure that pace would have held but with the foot injury we'll never know. My point isn't that Noah is as good as Howard anyway, it's that he's a good team defender and rebounder. Kendrick Perkins proved you can be a starting C on a championship team with D and reb, but I think Noah is a better passer and can run the floor much better, which would be a perfect fit for the fastbreak/defense team the bulls would likely assemble with Rose, Noah, Lebron.

smiddy012
06-07-2010, 02:09 PM
you don't know what you're talking about, you truly are BB ********. Maybe its cuz your 12 yrs old, or maybe your were dropped as a child, could be that you really are slow. Not too sure where you ignorance or stupidity stems from, but you prolly should stop posting cuz you're making yourself look really uneducated.

Yeah in his mind the Bulls should have kept TT and Noah is nothing more than Sideshow Bob Version 2.0. Nuff said.

ink
06-07-2010, 02:10 PM
The thread is just an insult fest back and forth now. Closed.