PDA

View Full Version : Rubio Won’t Play In NBA Until 2011-12; Wants Wolves To Make Improvements

td0tsfinest
06-06-2010, 07:31 PM
So, it seems as Rubio might have made a date for his NBA debut:

Recently, Rubio expressed his desire to play in 2011-12, but wants the Wolves to make some serious improvements to the squad that finished with a dismal 15-67 record last season.

The buyout clause was originally valued between $6.6 million to $8.2 million with a Spanish club. The league’s collective bargaining agreement prohibits a team from paying more than $500,000 toward a player’s contract buyout.
Spanish team Barça bought out Rubio’s contract for €3.5 million ($5.0 million), then put a clause in his six-year deal with the club that would allow a more manageable buyout of $1.4 million (Timberwolves pay $500,000).
Rubio met with Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis last week, and walked away feeling “he can envision playing for Kurt,” according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
However, the 19-year old phenom may want to be traded if Minnesota continues its horrid play.
The Wolves have not made the playoffs since the 2003-04 season, posting a 170-328 (.341) record since then.
One thing the Wolves have been good at is acquiring draft picks.
Last year, they had four picks in the first round, including the fifth (Rubio) and the sixth, with which they picked up promising young talent in Jonny Flynn, also a point guard.
This year, Minnesota finagled three first-round picks – the fourth overall, No. 16 (from Charlotte via Denver) and No. 23 (from Utah via Philadelphia).
The Wolves may opt to trade one or more of those picks on draft day, just like they did in 2009.
Rubio would be a sweet edition as trade bait to help the Wolves pick up some outside support for big men Al Jefferson and Kevin Love.

http://gantdaily.com/2010/06/06/rubio-wont-play-in-nba-until-2011-12-wants-
wolves-to-make-improvements/

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 07:33 PM
:laugh:
This boy better be like Steve Nash's cousin, because he sure is acting like he's amazing.

JNA17
06-06-2010, 07:35 PM
This boy better be like Steve Nash's cousin, because he sure is acting like he's amazing.

Jennings talked a lot of **** and backed up most of it this year, maybe it will happen to rubio?

All though this guy has more hype then god so who knows.

td0tsfinest
06-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Steve Nash's other cousin, Dragic is playing pretty well ;)

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Jennings talked a lot of **** and backed up most of it this year, maybe it will happen to rubio?

All though this guy has more hype then god so who knows.

Yeah, but he better be like Tyreke Evans status as a Point-Guard. Skipping two seasons, and demanding a rebuild? I would trade his *** if I was Minnie.

Just kidding, but he needs to stop acting cocky.

ldc62
06-06-2010, 07:40 PM
So basically hes not gonna play for Minni unless they get good... Guess he'll never get to play.

td0tsfinest
06-06-2010, 07:41 PM
So basically hes not gonna play for Minni unless they get good... Guess he'll never get to play.

unless he demands a trade.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 07:48 PM
go ahead and hates fellas. ill have the last laugh when im tellin yall i told ya so

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I stick with Flynn. I believe Rubio averaged around 7 points last year. His trade value is high and Jonny Flynn is probably better. Rubio is not going to come in and dominate the NBA.

Sadds The Gr8
06-06-2010, 07:53 PM
who the **** is this loser to demand improvements? This guy hasn't done jack **** and acts like he's MJ + Kobe + Magic + Stockton + Bird morphed into one... what a ****in joke.

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 07:54 PM
go ahead and hates fellas. ill have the last laugh when im tellin yall i told ya so

Coming from the man who said Dwight sucks.

effen5
06-06-2010, 07:58 PM
this kid is going to be a bust

topdog
06-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I love how Rubio gets people all polarized an' all. There's not even a quote from Rubio and I don't know if I'd trust our media to translate it correctly if there was one.

For all we know from this article Rubio could have been asked what he thinks of the Wolves and he like anyone would reply that they struggled this last year and need to make improvements but also that he sees Kahn and Rambis working towards that.

Seriously, the amount of speculation verges on hilarity.

effen5
06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
bust

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Coming from the man who said Dwight sucks.

Ricky Rubio has more basketball skills in the last dump he took then ur boy Dwight Howard

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Ricky Rubio has more basketball skills in the last dump he took then ur boy Dwight Howard

Quoted.
Next seasons, he'll make you eat your words.
Tell me when Ricky Rubio can lead his team to an NBA ECF and Finals appearance in 6 years. LMFAO.

DerekRE_3

I think Dwight will take solace in the fact that he has the DPOY award pretty much locked up for the next 7-8 years or so.

Iodine
Yeah, totally, if im good enough to play in the NBA, im gonna get drafted really high, but decide id rather not *gasp* lose.

DerekRE_3
06-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Maybe Rubio will also demand that Kevin Love cuts his food for him.

But the Ricky-Tyreke Evans decision remains irrelevant, because the Kings took Reke and apparently didn't strongly consider Rubio. It's done, and there's no use revisiting it every other week. But something Lamb repeated for the second team in the past month struck me as something worthy of laughs and cringes.

Lamb referenced that when Rubio and his camp had dinner with Kings management that fateful night he visited Sacramento, Mama Rubio cut Ricky's steak for him. Lamb said he knew right there Ricky would not be a King.

source: sactownroyalty (http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2010/6/5/1502583/on-cutting-ricky-rubios-steak-and)

effen5
06-06-2010, 08:06 PM

d12 would know the **** out of ricky rubio

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 08:08 PM

source: sactownroyalty (http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2010/6/5/1502583/on-cutting-ricky-rubios-steak-and)

Hahaha. Rubio : The Future.
Psyche.
LMFAO.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:10 PM
where the **** are u fools making your assumptions from? You guys prolly havent even seen him play? Where r u taking all ur hatred from?? u guys just hate becuz he hasnt come to the nba yet. excuse me that he was 18 and wanted to win a euroleague title first. are u pissed at evan turner for staying in college longer then 1 year? tim duncan stayed the whole 4. why isnt anyone hating on him huh?

so for u **** that havent seen him play but just enjoy talking smack becuz some of the general public are, keep your mouth shut til he comes over in 2011 and rips your team a new *******

Iodine
06-06-2010, 08:11 PM

So what happenes when his teammate ****s his girlfriend?

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 08:12 PM

Jonny Flynn is sweet. Why are Minnesota fans so quick to give up on him. I'd be happy as hell if he wore a Detroit uniform. He's a good point guard. Scouting reports on Rubio say he isn't that great at scoring the basketball.

DerekRE_3
06-06-2010, 08:12 PM
where the **** are u fools making your assumptions from? You guys prolly havent even seen him play? Where r u taking all ur hatred from?? u guys just hate becuz he hasnt come to the nba yet. excuse me that he was 18 and wanted to win a euroleague title first. are u pissed at evan turner for staying in college longer then 1 year? tim duncan stayed the whole 4. why isnt anyone hating on him huh?

so for u **** that havent seen him play but just enjoy talking smack becuz some of the general public are, keep your mouth shut til he comes over in 2011 and rips your team a new *******

Who knows how he will do in the NBA. I don't think anyone can say he will be for sure a bust or a star. We'll just have to see what happens.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Who knows how he will do in the NBA. I don't think anyone can say he will be for sure a bust or a star. We'll just have to see what happens.

for people who have not been watching him and have no idea what he brings to the table and have only read scouting reports from when the kid was 17 playing against professional basketball players in Europe, i suggest they just keep there mouth shut til he comes over to the nba

DerekRE_3
06-06-2010, 08:16 PM
for people who have not been watching him and have no idea what he brings to the table and have only read scouting reports from when the kid was 17 playing against professional basketball players in Europe, i suggest they just keep there mouth shut til he comes over to the nba

And you can say the same thing about the people saying he's going to be a star.

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 08:17 PM

Stop acting all hard.
"I suggest they keep their mouth shut."
No, you keep your mouth shut. Rubio hasn't won ****. He's not even in the NBA. Playing in America is a lot different than playing in Europe, Spain, and every other country. Hence why they aren't talked about at all. You don't have the right to talk, not vice-versa.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM

If he keeps acting like a sissy, people are going to talk. I'd be willing to bet the farm Flynn is better than Rubio.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Stop acting all hard.
"I suggest they keep their mouth shut."
No, you keep your mouth shut. Rubio hasn't won ****. He's not even in the NBA. Playing in America is a lot different than playing in Europe, Spain, and every other country. Hence why they aren't talked about at all. You don't have the right to talk, not vice-versa.

ok. how does that make him a bust already??? how does that make him a bad player????

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 08:21 PM
ok. how does that make him a bust already??? how does that make him a bad player????

I never said it does, but how does that make all of us wrong, for saying Dwight's still the better player, when he clearly is, and most of us haven't seen Rubio? You can't just hop on a player like that.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:22 PM
If he keeps acting like a sissy, people are going to talk. I'd be willing to bet the farm Flynn is better than Rubio.

well number 1, im not a timberwolves fan, which just shows that my opinion is 100% unbiased. but if i was a timberwolves fan, i know Flynn is a good player, but he reminds me more of a Nate Robinson type player, rather then Rubio having Jason-Kidd like potential

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Flynn is overlooked. He was one of the rookies I loved.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I never said it does, but how does that make all of us wrong, for saying Dwight's still the better player, when he clearly is, and most of us haven't seen Rubio? You can't just hop on a player like that.

of course dwight howard is a better nba player right now. Rubio is not in the NBA, so right now DJ Mbenga is a better NBA player. I never said anything about right now. I actually didnt say anything to u at all. I just told the people that are doubting him to wait and see and predicted that i will have the last laugh over the people that are doubting him, and u just came and laughed at me. even though u prolly have never seen him play and have just heard things from when he was a 17 year old kid.

Reyes6
06-06-2010, 08:26 PM
I like Rubio, I think he'll be a 12 ppg-7asts in his 1st year. Remember that Euroleague stats don't translate to NBA stats.

I didn't see any quotes by Rubio himself tho, seems more like the writer thinks they need to make changes.

And I don't want to read the entire article.

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 08:28 PM
of course dwight howard is a better nba player right now. Rubio is not in the NBA, so right now DJ Mbenga is a better NBA player. I never said anything about right now. I actually didnt say anything to u at all. I just told the people that are doubting him to wait and see and predicted that i will have the last laugh over the people that are doubting him, and u just came and laughed at me. even though u prolly have never seen him play and have just heard things from when he was a 17 year old kid.

Well, this is what you said on the first page.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 08:28 PM
well number 1, im not a timberwolves fan, which just shows that my opinion is 100% unbiased. but if i was a timberwolves fan, i know Flynn is a good player, but he reminds me more of a Nate Robinson type player, rather then Rubio having Jason-Kidd like potential

Rubio I just think is rubbing fans of all teams the wrong way. If he's so talented get over here and prove it on the real stage. European leagues don't mean anything.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Rubio I believe averaged 7 points and 4 assists last year.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
**** ricky rubio, i hope he gets hit in the mouth when he enters the nba

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Well, this is what you said on the first page.

in your response to what u said, yes i said that. And i full heartedly mean it. No offense. Ill give credit where credit is do. Hes done a great job in Orlando, and yes he has major offensive flaws, although he is a great defense force. But as an unbiased basketball fan, im saying that ricky rubio has more basketball skills then Dwight Howard. I agree that i worded it disrespectfully, but he does.

jimbobjarree
06-06-2010, 08:33 PM
what a douche

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:38 PM
many fans of this generation have completely forgot what the point guard position is. They think just becuz u can jump out the gym and stuff like that then ur not a good point guard. No disrespect to players like derrick rose that help there teams score-first pass-second, but Rubio has things like court vision, ridiculously amazing basketball IQ, a natural point guard instincts that are very rare these days. people criticize his three point shooting. Yes in the past he hasnt been a deadly three point shooter, but people dont see the improvements that hes made from the time when he was just a little kid, to know that hes grown up to 19(if u can call that grown up). People always just try to look for the negatives. Noone talks about how the point guards of team USA, the best point guards in the NBA continually praised the kid for playing such great, annoying defense against them in the olympics, at the age of 17.

RadiantShot
06-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Well, the only problem is...Dwight Howard is a center, and Ricky Rubio is a Point-guard. I'd expect him to have 'more skill' if that's what you mean..But in terms of careers, Dwight's obviously further, and probably will stay further in his career than Rubio in terms of Finals appearances, and Titles.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, the only problem is...Dwight Howard is a center, and Ricky Rubio is a Point-guard. I'd expect him to have 'more skill' if that's what you mean..But in terms of careers, Dwight's obviously further, and probably will stay further in his career than Rubio in terms of Finals appearances, and Titles.

u dont know that for sure. Maybe he will, maybe he wont. Im not trying to diss u or your team or favorite player at all. And im not saying for sure he will or for sure he wont. Thats the beauty of the nba. lets just sit back and enjoy

effen5
06-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Ill say it, hes going to be a bust. The more he waits the more hype there will be and he will never reach that hype...BUST

GeekInThePink
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM

His stats don't really reflect his playmaking skills, he's a really talented kid and I think he'll be a stud in this league. His scoring needs work but his passing skills are some of the most impressive if not the most impressive I've ever seen.

I think he'll be pretty good.

Sorry for that A14MVP guy, most Rubio fan's aren't that slow.

Raidaz4Life
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Pfft Rubio is going to get his butt handed to him in the NBA. He isn't physical enough to be good in the NBA and teams will make him score on them which he can't.

Ray_R
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM

No becuase Evan Turner nor Tim Duncan werent drafted by a certain team as Ricky already is. He also signed an extension when hes rights are already owened by Minny.

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 08:58 PM
id love to see minny draft another pg this year, just for laughs

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 08:59 PM
His stats don't really reflect his playmaking skills, he's a really talented kid and I think he'll be a stud in this league. His scoring needs work but his passing skills are some of the most impressive if not the most impressive I've ever seen.

I think he'll be pretty good.

Sorry for that A14MVP guy, most Rubio fan's aren't that slow.

what did i say wrong? i said what u said as well. i said that everyone has flaws, and although he doesnt have the scoring ability of young point guards such as derrick rose, he makes up for it with his natural point guard skills such as his court vision and basketball IQ

GeekInThePink
06-06-2010, 09:04 PM
what did i say wrong? i said what u said as well. i said that everyone has flaws, and although he doesnt have the scoring ability of young point guards such as derrick rose, he makes up for it with his natural point guard skills such as his court vision and basketball IQ

You're arguing with every possible comment possible. Saying Dwight Howard is less talented then Rubio is ridiculous as Howard is the NBA's top center and arguably the best player in the league.

Rubio is going to be talented, but you make it out like he's going to average 30 ppg and 15 apg. I think Nash is a great comparison, I remember seeing his school highlights, quite similar.

jackdawson
I hope he never gets a chance to play in nba. He is acting like he is already michael jordan. What a dick!

Mplsman
I Smell Some Haters. Thanks for the pick last year Washington. Enjoy yours this year.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I have to ask this again. What's wrong with Flynn? He was over-shadowed by Jennings, Evans, and Curry. I see him as a 17 ppg, 6.5 assist point guard next year. I would be very excited to have a PG like that on the Pistons.

GeekInThePink
06-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I have to ask this again. What's wrong with Flynn? He was over-shadowed by Jennings, Evans, and Curry. I see him as a 17 ppg, 6.5 assist point guard next year. I would be very excited to have a PG like that on the Pistons.

You'd just be excited to have any talent on the pistons :rimshot:

In all seriousness, Flynn is a great point guard, and If not in Minnesota he would be on the Jennings type hype level, dude is a special point guard. Rubio is all about potential, and his sky seems to be the limit

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 09:15 PM
flynn would be a monster in the right offense
where he could exploit his speed and run and gun.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 09:18 PM
You'd just be excited to have any talent on the pistons :rimshot:

In all seriousness, Flynn is a great point guard, and If not in Minnesota he would be on the Jennings type hype level, dude is a special point guard. Rubio is all about potential, and his sky seems to be the limit

Even with no talent we still had a better record than the Wolves. And our team was injured all year.

GeekInThePink
06-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Even with no talent we still had a better record than the Wolves. And our team was injured all year.

I'm not a Wolves fan, I'm a Raptors fan. (All though I'm unsure that makes things better :(

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm not a Wolves fan, I'm a Raptors fan. (All though I'm unsure that makes things better :(

I hear ya. Detroit does suck though. Dumars has pretty much ran the team into the ground. I still love em though. If I was a Raptors fan I wouldn't be so worried about Bosh. I don't think he's that good. He puts up numbers but it never translates to wins. I thought you guys would be good by now.

GeekInThePink
06-06-2010, 09:26 PM
I hear ya. Detroit does suck though. Dumars has pretty much ran the team into the ground. I still love em though. If I was a Raptors fan I wouldn't be so worried about Bosh. I don't think he's that good. He puts up numbers but it never translates to wins. I thought you guys would be good by now.

We always have a really good team on paper and that's about it. Bargnani will be 21-9 next year if Bosh goes so thats something to look forward too? :confused:

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
We always have a really good team on paper and that's about it. Bargnani will be 21-9 next year if Bosh goes so thats something to look forward too? :confused:

I really like Bargnani. I wonder if the Raptors are going to be able to trade Turk this off-season.

GeekInThePink
06-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I really like Bargnani. I wonder if the Raptors are going to be able to trade Turk this off-season.

If we can we won't get much, maybe to Detroit for Tayshaun? or maybe to the Cavs or Knicks somehow, such a terrible terrible contract/douchebag :facepalm:

The Jokemaker
06-06-2010, 09:33 PM
If I'm the T'Wolves' GM, I trade his rights now while people still want this guy and the hype is still there. Some 20 something hotshot isn't worth all the trouble in my opinion. He hasn't exactly done anything to act this way. He should come over and play ASAP to build chemistry with his teammates and learn how the game plays over here. Kid is a punk, screw him. Already acting like a diva when he hasn't even played a minute in the NBA.

n83417
06-06-2010, 09:45 PM
What a *****! Telling a team to Rebuild? Perhaps you (Rubio) are part of the rebuilding process... Why does he think he is in a position to make demands? He will pull a Fran Vasquez and never show up in the NBA.

He is a sissy little wimp coming into the league with an undeserved sense of entitlement. I hope this kid fails supremely in the NBA.

I bet he finally comes to the NBA, gets beat out by Flynn for the starting job, then demands his coach get fired.

I hope this ***** has a terrible NBA career. He is in no position to be talking the way he is talking.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 10:08 PM
u guys are dumb. read the whole article. its not like hes demanding them to get better or else he wont come.

"It's a young team that still needs to grow, that lacks experience now and even though this year it hasn't achieved many victories the players are evolving, and that's important," said the 6-foot-2 point guard, who described himself as a player in the mold of Magic Johnson and Steve Nash.

"It's a team that has confidence in me and that's very important. They may have only won 15 games, but they are in a moment of development and we have to see how they evolve next year because it's very important to be part of a team with vision. Let's see next year if things gel."

and no, he doesnt hate minnesota. its defiently not gunna stop him from going

And one with a positive impression of Minnesota, though he visited for only four hours last summer. "It was summer, with nice weather, a lot of lakes and it was nice," Rubio said. "I know they like their sports in Minnesota."

god damn some people are dumb. they just read the title and think rubio is saying it like hes a jerk or something. those are the actual quotes. its not like hes boasting himself up saying that he demands they make moves or he wont come.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/95643884.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqPk4DyCc75DiUiacyKUn ciaec8O7EyUr

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
If we can we won't get much, maybe to Detroit for Tayshaun? or maybe to the Cavs or Knicks somehow, such a terrible terrible contract/douchebag :facepalm:

no way the knicks are wasting cap space on a terrible contract, after doing so much to get rid of so many bad contracts.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
people read the article without actual quotes from him and take it the wrong way. go read the quotes i provided above. it doesnt seem immature to me at all

Reyes6
06-06-2010, 10:14 PM
u guys are dumb. read the whole article. its not like hes demanding them to get better or else he wont come.

and no, he doesnt hate minnesota. its defiently not gunna stop him from going

god damn some people are dumb. they just read the title and think rubio is saying it like hes a jerk or something. those are the actual quotes. its not like hes boasting himself up saying that he demands they make moves or he wont come.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/95643884.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqPk4DyCc75DiUiacyKUn ciaec8O7EyUr

I said on page 2 that it was the writer who wrote it, not Rubio himself. You know you should look to abide by allies in arguments rather than take on everyone for yourself. I know you are just going for the shock reaction by saying those things about Dwight, but maybe if you had some statistics or quotes from NBA players about Rubio people would actually listen to your argument. But for now it just sounds like you've enjoyed Rubio's play to pedophila proportions.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 10:22 PM
its just not fair the reaction he gets from fans. no matter what, everything is against him. He entered the draft becuz he was the second best prospect that year. The only way he could pay his way out of that buyout is if he got number 2 pick money. he couldnt do that, so Barcelona got his rights becuz they were allowed to pay his buyout(NBA only allows half a mill.). so then everyone things he a dick for not coming right away even though many european players have stayed overseas after being drafted, including Manu Ginobli, Mac gasol, and rudy fernandez. but noone said anything about them.

then he says something very mature, that still could have been taken the wrong way becuz ricky rubios english is not that good at all, and says that hes glad that a young team is developing, and even tho they only won 15 games last year, hes glad there geling, and he says he hopes they continue to gel, and some douche bag writer makes it sound like hes demanding they become better or else he wont come.

How about instead of just reading what some journalist trying to write an interesting story and making assumptions, go read his actual quotes before wishing his nba career suffers, ect.

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 10:23 PM
i wonder how long before minnesota trades him.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Ricky Rubio was impressed with Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis when they met for the first time last week, and the 19-year-old point guard told friends that "he can envision playing for Kurt."

That's what Wolves Vice President David Kahn said on Friday after returning from a weeklong scouting trip to Europe.

Rubio's arrival won't happen for at least another year, but he told the Associated Press in Barcelona, Spain, that he has warmed to the notion of playing in Minnesota: "They have the best possibility because they hold my rights, and they've shown me how much they want me," he said. "And for that, I have to be thankful toward them."

Rubio, taken fifth overall in last June's draft, had dinner with Rambis, Kahn and Rubio's father, Esteve, in Barcelona late last week, and "Kurt and Ricky hit it off right away," Kahn said.

The point guard also told his possible future coach that his timetable hasn't changed: He intends to exercise a $1.4 million opt-out clause from his six-year Spanish League contract when it becomes available 13 months from now and play in the NBA beginning with the 2011-12 season.

"It was consistent with everything we've said all along," Kahn said. "I fully expect to see Ricky in a Wolves uniform after next season."

maybe read actual quotes and know wtf is going on before u guys are like "oh hes sucha *****." or "i wonder how long itll be til they trade him"

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/95665764.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqPk4DyCc75DiUiacyKUn ciaec8O7EyUr

drama1386
06-06-2010, 10:30 PM
rubio hasn't proved anything to me and he is really overrated...let's see how well he plays against the best basketball players in the world when he comes to the NBA.

blah-blah
06-06-2010, 10:30 PM
wow i hate him already

97NYer
06-06-2010, 10:31 PM
They should trade Love and Flynn for a good player, draft Cousins, and once they get Rubio that would be a good team.

Raidaz4Life
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM
They should trade Love and Flynn for a good player, draft Cousins, and once they get Rubio that would be a good team.

I think they'd be better off trading Jefferson and Flynn for a good player

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 10:35 PM
id love to see a guy like flynn in ny with dantonis offense

GetDenarded
06-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Jonny Flynn is sweet. Why are Minnesota fans so quick to give up on him. I'd be happy as hell if he wore a Detroit uniform. He's a good point guard. Scouting reports on Rubio say he isn't that great at scoring the basketball.

Who's giving up on him?

Ricky Rubio is a special player... It has nothing to do with anyone hating Flynn.

Rubio I just think is rubbing fans of all teams the wrong way. If he's so talented get over here and prove it on the real stage. European leagues don't mean anything.

His buy out is too much.

Means absolutely nothing.

Check Brandon Jennings stats last season, and you'll see why.

Ill say it, hes going to be a bust. The more he waits the more hype there will be and he will never reach that hype...BUST

I'll say it, you have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm not as high on the guy as some people, but to claim he'll be a bust or that he'll be a superstar is just foolish.

id love to see minny draft another pg this year, just for laughs

Rubio would bring so much to the team, and not just on the court. Ticket sales and merchandise would go up as well. Once again it has nothing to do with Flynn as much as it has to do with how good Rubio could be.

We also ran a system that no one had ever done before, and if you watched any of our games, you could see we weren't always playing for the win, as sad as that seems to be.

rubio hasn't proved anything to me and he is really overrated...let's see how well he plays against the best basketball players in the world when he comes to the NBA.

Did you watch the Olympics? He's played with the basketball players in the world, and fared pretty well.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Ricky Rubio was impressed with Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis when they met for the first time last week, and the 19-year-old point guard told friends that "he can envision playing for Kurt."

That's what Wolves Vice President David Kahn said on Friday after returning from a weeklong scouting trip to Europe.

Rubio's arrival won't happen for at least another year, but he told the Associated Press in Barcelona, Spain, that he has warmed to the notion of playing in Minnesota: "They have the best possibility because they hold my rights, and they've shown me how much they want me," he said. "And for that, I have to be thankful toward them."

Rubio, taken fifth overall in last June's draft, had dinner with Rambis, Kahn and Rubio's father, Esteve, in Barcelona late last week, and "Kurt and Ricky hit it off right away," Kahn said.

The point guard also told his possible future coach that his timetable hasn't changed: He intends to exercise a $1.4 million opt-out clause from his six-year Spanish League contract when it becomes available 13 months from now and play in the NBA beginning with the 2011-12 season.

"It was consistent with everything we've said all along," Kahn said. "I fully expect to see Ricky in a Wolves uniform after next season."

maybe read actual quotes and know wtf is going on before u guys are like "oh hes sucha *****." or "i wonder how long itll be til they trade him". noone wants to listen to anything positive to do with this kid

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/95665764.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUqPk4DyCc75DiUiacyKUn ciaec8O7EyUr

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 10:54 PM
and contrary to what this douche bag writer says, rubio isnt being a divas about it, he took these quotes and made rubio sound like a dbag

"It's a young team that still needs to grow, that lacks experience now and even though this year it hasn't achieved many victories the players are evolving, and that's important," said the 6-foot-2 point guard, who described himself as a player in the mold of Magic Johnson and Steve Nash.

"It's a team that has confidence in me and that's very important. They may have only won 15 games, but they are in a moment of development and we have to see how they evolve next year because it's very important to be part of a team with vision. Let's see next year if things gel."

drama1386
06-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Did you watch the Olympics? He's played with the basketball players in the world, and fared pretty well.

yes, i did watch the olympics and he still didn't prove anything to me. let's see how he plays in the NBA for 82 games...

hey, he may prove me wrong, but until he takes the court for an NBA team and plays against the best players in the world, he'll just be an overrated basketball player to me. i'm not denying he has talent, but let's see how his talent will translate to the NBA.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Love may be better than Cousins. Flynn may be and probably is better than Rubio. So how would trading their two best players make them better?

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 11:10 PM
i get quoted but no comment haha

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Who's giving up on him?

Ricky Rubio is a special player... It has nothing to do with anyone hating Flynn.

His buy out is too much.

Means absolutely nothing.

Check Brandon Jennings stats last season, and you'll see why.

I'll say it, you have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm not as high on the guy as some people, but to claim he'll be a bust or that he'll be a superstar is just foolish.

Rubio would bring so much to the team, and not just on the court. Ticket sales and merchandise would go up as well. Once again it has nothing to do with Flynn as much as it has to do with how good Rubio could be.

We also ran a system that no one had ever done before, and if you watched any of our games, you could see we weren't always playing for the win, as sad as that seems to be.

I understand what your saying. But think of this. What if you trade Flynn, he goes somewhere and becomes an all-star (which could happen) and you bring Rubio in and he bombs. That will kill the Wolves franchise. I'd trade Rubio now. You can at least get a Top 10 pick in the draft. Only Minnesota fans think this kid will be a star. I'm not saying he is going to be a bust, but I would rather have Flynn than Rubio. And yes, I've watched him play, which really means nothing to NBA competition. I'd actually be pissed if I was a Wolves fan. This kid is disrespecting your franchise. If New York drafted him, he would already be playing in the NBA. A buyout would have and could be worked out.

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
i dont think there are many teams that would give you a top 10 pick for his rights, especially considering if it isnt the right team he may not come over. The only team that has a real hard on for him is ny.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Haters are mad for no reason. Rubio=beast.

:dance:

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Rubio is coming to minnesota next year and will beast it the f up. Deal with it ppl.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Haters are mad for no reason. Rubio=beast.

I'll listen to you if you have something to back that statement up.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Rubio is coming to minnesota next year and will beast it the f up. Deal with it ppl.

You can't really call it hating when I think Minnesota already has a great PG. It's not like people are jealous of the fact they got a player overseas that might come here and play someday. How can we be jealous of the unknown? I also guarantee no one is jealous of the Minnesota Timberwolves. If you think that your sadly mistaken. I actually like the Wolves team. I'm a Kevin Love fan.

GetDenarded
06-06-2010, 11:37 PM
yes, i did watch the olympics and he still didn't prove anything to me. let's see how he plays in the NBA for 82 games...

hey, he may prove me wrong, but until he takes the court for an NBA team and plays against the best players in the world, he'll just be an overrated basketball player to me. i'm not denying he has talent, but let's see how his talent will translate to the NBA.

Who are you? An NBA scout? Rubio impressed alot of people associated with the NBA, I think that's all that really matters. No offense.

i get quoted but no comment haha

Yeah, I missed it. My bad.

But to comment on it, the whole PG thing is overplayed. We drafted 2 PG's... Not the end of the world.

Only Minnesota fans think this kid will be a star..

Absolutely false.

Why is New York licking their chops over getting him then? That was a very ignorant statment on your part.

i dont think there are many teams that would give you a top 10 pick for his rights, especially considering if it isnt the right team he may not come over. The only team that has a real hard on for him is ny.

Rubio can net a top ten pick, for sure.

You can't really call it hating when I think Minnesota already has a great PG. It's not like people are jealous of the fact they got a player overseas that might come here and play someday. How can we be jealous of the unknown? I also guarantee no one is jealous of the Minnesota Timberwolves. If you think that your sadly mistaken. I actually like the Wolves team. I'm a Kevin Love fan.

Jonny Flynn is a great PG? Really?

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 11:39 PM
I'll listen to you if you have something to back that statement up.

I think the other sota boys did a fair job covering all that. We are just happy to have him. Somebody with as much upside, creativity and rare basketball vision as the young Rube. Thanks Wizards! Now haters, you may continue...

HT9Canada
06-06-2010, 11:42 PM
who the **** is this loser to demand improvements? This guy hasn't done jack **** and acts like he's MJ + Kobe + Magic + Stockton + Bird morphed into one... what a ****in joke.

...so you mean like D. Rose? God's one and only son?

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 11:45 PM

I realize nobody is jealous of us I'm not saying that. I just think alot of ppl are pissed he fell to us at 5 with as much hype he had and continues to have. For some reason ppl don't think we deserve a player like him and thats just plain hating. We needed a player like rubio, and it was about fin time we caught a break. I respect you for liking the wolves though, I too am a big Kevin Love fan.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Who are you? An NBA scout? Rubio impressed alot of people associated with the NBA, I think that's all that really matters. No offense.

Yeah, I missed it. My bad.

But to comment on it, the whole PG thing is overplayed. We drafted 2 PG's... Not the end of the world.

Absolutely false.

Why is New York licking their chops over getting him then? That was a very ignorant statment on your part.

Rubio can net a top ten pick, for sure.

Jonny Flynn is a great PG? Really?

I understand a 15 win team needs something to look forward to. But don't be surprised if this kid lets you down. For your sake, I hope he's the next Steve Nash. Your last comment proves my point. Wolves fans don't believe in Flynn. I believe his stats were around 14 ppg and 5 assists (i could be wrong). That's pretty damn good for a rookie playing on a bad team. He will have much better numbers next year and have more understanding about how to run the point. I'm not trying to cut down Rubio, but Flynn is already a proven PG in the NBA. And yes I will re-word what I said, He will be a star PG in this league maybe even by next year. He's not DJ Augustin, Flynn can play.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I realize nobody is jealous of us I'm not saying that. I just think alot of ppl are pissed he fell to us at 5 with as much hype he had and continues to have. For some reason ppl don't think we deserve a player like him and thats just plain hating. We needed a player like rubio, and it was about fin time we caught a break. I respect you for liking the wolves though, I too am a big Kevin Love fan.

I pull for you guys. Bill Laimbeer is my favorite player of all-time. He was on your coaching staff last year. Not sure if he's coaching on the Wolves staff this year.

Raoul Duke
06-06-2010, 11:51 PM
All the Rubio love from Minny fans really makes me sad. The kid has never been complimentary of the team that drafted him. He says things like "they're young" and "they want me" and "they have my rights". Those aren't things you say about a place you're excited to play for. Look at how complimentary John Wall has been about serving a three year sentence in Washington next to the d-bag tag-team of Arenas and Blatche.

If I were a Minny fan I'd be pissed, and I'd want to trade him to NY for like 10 future firsts. NY would do it, too.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 11:53 PM
^ I agree Flynn will be very good too. Don't fool yourselves yet. He didn't have the drivers keys like these other takeover rookies had this past season. Not to mention not very many scorers around him to play off of. Patience.

GetDenarded
06-06-2010, 11:53 PM
I understand a 15 win team needs something to look forward to. But don't be surprised if this kid lets you down. For your sake, I hope he's the next Steve Nash. Your last comment proves my point. Wolves fans don't believe in Flynn. I believe his stats were around 14 ppg and 5 assists (i could be wrong). That's pretty damn good for a rookie playing on a bad team. He will have much better numbers next year and have more understanding about how to run the point. I'm not trying to cut down Rubio, but Flynn is already a proven PG in the NBA. And yes I will re-word what I said, He will be a star PG in this league maybe even by next year. He's not DJ Augustin, Flynn can play.

He's already let me down. I'm not as high on him as alot of Wolves fans are, and I have let that be known. I still think fans of other teams who think we shouldn't have taken Rubio are stupid, though. To get a guy like Rubio at the spot we did, that's insanely great value.

I think you're overrating Flynn by a pretty decent margin. He may be good, but Rubio certainly has more potential than Flynn, and it really isn't even debatable.

You're getting upset that Wolves fans are high on Rubio and you think they're wrong, yet you're trying to tell me Flynn is a great PG?

I am a big fan of Flynn, and hope he lives up to your expectations.

GetDenarded
06-06-2010, 11:55 PM
All the Rubio love from Minny fans really makes me sad. The kid has never been complimentary of the team that drafted him. He says things like "they're young" and "they want me" and "they have my rights". Those aren't things you say about a place you're excited to play for. Look at how complimentary John Wall has been about serving a three year sentence in Washington next to the d-bag tag-team of Arenas and Blatche.

If I were a Minny fan I'd be pissed, and I'd want to trade him to NY for like 10 future firsts. NY would do it, too.

What have you been reading? He's actually been pretty complimentary of our team, and has said pretty much the same thing any other foreign player would say.

Does Wall really have a choice? LOL.

If Minnesota drafted Rubio 1st overall, he probably would be here right now because he would be able to afford his buyout.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 11:57 PM
I pull for you guys. Bill Laimbeer is my favorite player of all-time. He was on your coaching staff last year. Not sure if he's coaching on the Wolves staff this year.

Thanks Bruh. Its good to have some support from other fans. Its tough to sit through these seasons and still try to have some optimism. Some ppl just wanna kick you when your down, you smell me?

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 11:58 PM
^And yes as far as i know Bill is still with us. I know a few teams have interest in him though.

fadedmario
06-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks Bruh. Its good to have the support. Its tough to sit through these seasons and still try to have some optimism. Some ppl just wanna kick you when your down, you smell me?

If you guys were in the East it wouldn't take as long (Love, Flynn, Brewer). The talent is there. Being a West team it's hard to get into the playoffs. In my opinion you should try to trade Jefferson. I just think you could build a better team without him. Build around Love, no way he should be coming off the bench.

Angel2Maverick
06-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Rubio>>>>>Stockton/Nash/Rondo/D-Will
:clap::clap::clap:
Im not done
Rubio=MJ
Rubio will have 40ppg. 25apg.20rpg.
thats just his rookie season

nuff said....

MSG34
06-07-2010, 12:08 AM
What happens if/when Ricky Rubio doesn't play for the Wolves next year?

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 12:10 AM
If you guys were in the East it wouldn't take as long (Love, Flynn, Brewer). The talent is there. Being a West team it's hard to get into the playoffs. In my opinion you should try to trade Jefferson. I just think you could build a better team without him. Build around Love, no way he should be coming off the bench.

I completely agree with that assessment. I think Love is one of the most important guys to this franchise, and with all these rumors flyin, I really hope Love stays over Jefferson.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 12:13 AM
^ Its ridiculous that Love can still pull those kind of numbers coming off the bench (14 and 11) that just says right there he's something special.

GetDenarded
06-07-2010, 12:17 AM
What happens if/when Ricky Rubio doesn't play for the Wolves next year?

Kahn has said he is 100% convinced Rubio will be over.

If not, trade him for value.

Win/win for the Wolves.

jmtapia
06-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Rubio>>>>>Stockton/Nash/Rondo/D-Will
:clap::clap::clap:
Im not done
Rubio=MJ
Rubio will have 40ppg. 25apg.20rpg.
thats just his rookie season

nuff said....

ok

AllStar44
06-07-2010, 12:20 AM
I just don't understand why you enter the draft and then not play for the team for the next 2-3 years. Thats stupid. If he wants to win a European title well than do it and then enter the draft and play, Imho.

So are they paying him to play for another team in Europe or does his contract not start until he plays for the wolves?

fadedmario
06-07-2010, 12:22 AM
^ Its ridiculous that Love can still pull those kind of numbers coming off the bench (14 and 11) that just says right there he's something special.

I agree. After seeing him on Jim Rome a couple weeks ago I like him even more. I'll be shocked if the Wolves trade him.

Angel2Maverick
06-07-2010, 12:23 AM
on a serious note
Rubio just can't walk into any franchise thinking he is the top dog (even though he might be), nothing that rubio does or did in Euro will make him get immediate respect in his team or around the league. He has to gruadually adjust his game because the NBA and the Euro league are respectively different. Not one person can just turn a franchise around in a year so, I get why Rubio wants to wait a year or two.

I want him to live up to his hype and I want him to have a storied career but in no means Rubio is a superior player than Dwight Howard.

PrettyBoyJ
06-07-2010, 12:25 AM
You would of thought the guy was Kobe or LeBron the way he's making demands and never logged in not even a preseason same.. And from Brandon Jennings says "the kid is not that nice"...

MSG34
06-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Kahn has said he is 100% convinced Rubio will be over.

If not, trade him for value.

Win/win for the Wolves.

It's not really a win/win. His value would have greatly declined than originally. 3 years and he hasn't come over? He's not gonna net nearly the same as he would when he was drafted. It would be completely misplayed by Kahn.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 12:28 AM
I just don't understand why you enter the draft and then not play for the team for the next 2-3 years. Thats stupid. If he wants to win a European title well than do it and then enter the draft and play, Imho.

So are they paying him to play for another team in Europe or does his contract not start until he plays for the wolves?

He thought he was going to be a top 2 pick, giving him enough money to buy himself out of his contract. Teams resisted b/c of his buyout. We just so happened to be lucky enough to grab his rights and now after Rambis met with him over seas recently he says he likes rambis alot and can envsion himself playing under him. Turns out him staying in europe was the right thing to do he's maturing, won the title over there, and developed crucial clutch experience playing for that team and winning it all. Plus no Rubio's contract doesn't kick in til his first year here.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Here is a more recent/better article on the situation than the one posted under this tread:

Rubio warming to winters with wolves:

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I agree. After seeing him on Jim Rome a couple weeks ago I like him even more. I'll be shocked if the Wolves trade him.

Klove is an all around class act and hard worker. Gotta respect the dude.

AllStar44
06-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Ahh okay, I didn't know any facts about it. I'm not too sure he will transition well into the NBA but from the highlights i've seen from him, looks exciting. He could be a very good player.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 01:26 AM
I understand what your saying. But think of this. What if you trade Flynn, he goes somewhere and becomes an all-star (which could happen) and you bring Rubio in and he bombs. That will kill the Wolves franchise. I'd trade Rubio now. You can at least get a Top 10 pick in the draft. Only Minnesota fans think this kid will be a star. I'm not saying he is going to be a bust, but I would rather have Flynn than Rubio. And yes, I've watched him play, which really means nothing to NBA competition. I'd actually be pissed if I was a Wolves fan. This kid is disrespecting your franchise. If New York drafted him, he would already be playing in the NBA. A buyout would have and could be worked out.

FALSE. im by far Rubios biggest fan and supported and im a die hard purple and orange blooded phoenix suns fan. im always not spanish. i have absolutely no bias. im just u huge fan/observer of the point guard position, and know a great true point guard when i see one

GetDenarded
06-07-2010, 01:29 AM
It's not really a win/win. His value would have greatly declined than originally. 3 years and he hasn't come over? He's not gonna net nearly the same as he would when he was drafted. It would be completely misplayed by Kahn.

In 3 years he'll still only be 21, and in that time, he'll be playing basketball rising his stock...

His stock may take a dip, but not as much as you think.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 01:35 AM
watever yall . watever. when this kid gets to the league and revolutionizes passing, do NOT jump on the bandwagon.

IversonIsKrazy
06-07-2010, 01:39 AM
What a piece of *****, seriously, this guy is an ASSWHOLE ! fcukin son-of-a-b!tch. Who tha FCUK does this guy think he is? A basterd. Honestly tho, this kid is going to be a Jose Calderon 2.0

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 01:42 AM
im done. everyone just reads the title, doesnt read the actually quotes from ricky rubio that i provided, and just wants to hate. thats cool.

The Jokemaker
06-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Point is he's staying in europe and refusing to come to the Twolves because they suck. Instead of being a part of the team, he is staying overseas and playing there until the Twolves get better or trade him to a good team. That's primadona. The guy has done nothing and deserves nothing. He needs to get over here, play hard, prove he's a team guy THEN get some demands answered.

GetDenarded
06-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Point is he's staying in europe and refusing to come to the Twolves because they suck. Instead of being a part of the team, he is staying overseas and playing there until the Twolves get better or trade him to a good team. That's primadona. The guy has done nothing and deserves nothing. He needs to get over here, play hard, prove he's a team guy THEN get some demands answered.

I honestly can't disagree with this, although his buyout does weigh into the equation a little bit.

ilovemyangel
06-07-2010, 01:59 AM
i've watched rubio play, and I would say there's nth much impressive abt him other than his fanciful passing. average shooting, speed, quickness and athleticism, he'll get crushed in the nba over a full 82 game season.

Mplsman
06-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Ai4mvp these guys can hate all they want, when he comes here and blows up the spot you can say I told ya so. Rubio is the next big thing. It's just hard to see when they've got their hater vision on. Smell y'all later haters.

The Jokemaker
06-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Ai4mvp these guys can hate all they want, when he comes here and blows up the spot you can say I told ya so. Rubio is the next big thing. It's just hard to see when they've got their hater vision on. Smell y'all later haters.

I'm not saying he won't be good, I could honestly care less if he's good or not. I'm saying he needs to come here and SHOW us he's good. Prove his merit that he is an elite player.

CubsFan69
06-07-2010, 02:13 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I hate it when European players act like they know how to play....Wait till he gets here....I'm sure he will get a rude awakening.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 02:16 AM
i am neither spanish, nor a twolves fan. i have absolutely no bias towards him. Im just a huge scout of the point guard position. and i am 100% unbiasedly telling all of u that Ricky Rubio, especially with the bigger courts the NBA has, will be top 15 point guard all time. anywhere in the top 15 depending on what the wolves put around him. u guys can all put that in ur sigs and facepalm it if u want. go ahead.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 02:20 AM

I hate it when European players act like they know how to play....Wait till he gets here....I'm sure he will get a rude awakening.

ok u rasict ****face. im sure pau gasol, dirk nowitzki, manu ginolbi,and tony parker,

Korman12
06-07-2010, 02:27 AM

I hate it when people act like Europeans can't play.

Sly Guy
06-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Steve Nash's other cousin, Dragic is playing pretty well ;)

and at least dragic is playing in the nba!

Fmaranesi
06-07-2010, 10:59 AM
So what happens if the wolves don't do well next year ? (which is a good possibility)

drama1386
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM

to be quite honest, i don't care if he impressed anyone in the NBA. he didn't impress me and that's all I care about. yes I do think he is overrated but he is talented. like I said, let's see how his talent translates in the NBA.

SpeeMN
06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I can't believe what I am reading! Rubio hasn't come to the NBA yet because he didn't want to shell out the millions of dollars he would have to pay. He didn't have the option to just come to the NBA for free. Next offseason he will have to pay over a million to come play for the Twolves. I don't blame him for wanting to make sure things can go well for him once he gets here. Its an investment for him. And he is 18! If he were on the team this year he would be the youngest player in the NBA, because if you arn't from over seas you need to be a year removed from high school(or whatever the rule is) to enter the NBA draft.

He hasn't turned his back on the Twolves

Oefarmy2005
06-07-2010, 11:33 AM
I am a Wolves fan, and I agree with what almost all of the posters said here. He is a primadonna, he hasn't played a game in the NBA yet but given the bigger court here, I also think he we'll be better than what I expect looking at his European game. I also believe he should shut the **** up and play for the team that drafted him. The bottom line is, he wasn't good enough to be a top 3 pick in that draft and that's nobody's fault but his own.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-07-2010, 11:44 AM
im done. everyone just reads the title, doesnt read the actually quotes from ricky rubio that i provided, and just wants to hate. thats cool.

who are you talking to? Nobody is quoting you or really responding to any of your posts, but you keep posting acting like everybody is ragging on you.

JOSKOMANG4
06-07-2010, 11:54 AM
New Jersey Nets
Probable Cap Space - $29 mil
Possible Cap Space - $33 mil

Ideas!

1) Sign Lebron James to Max Deal!

2) Sign & Trade w/Minnesota

- Nets acquire PF Al Jefferson & rights to PG Ricky Rubio from T"wolves in exchanged for 2010 1st rd pick(3rd overall), a future 1st rd pick, SG C.Lee, & PF YI.

3) 2010 NBA Draft, Round 2(31st overall), Nets Draft D.Ebanks, SF West Virginia

27th overall: Lance Stephenson, SG Cincy.

Nets Potential Lineup:

C) B.Lopez
PF) A.Jefferson
SF) CDR4
SG) L.James
PG) D.Harris

Bench:

PG) R.Rubio
SF/SG) T.Williams
C/PF) J.Boone
PF) K.Humphries
PG) K.Dooling
PF/SF) D.Ebanks
SG) L.Stephenson

C_Mund
06-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I really hope Rubio turns out to be good, but I can't defend the fact that he's saying "I won't come over until they're better." If the suns didn't have Nash this past year, they'd have been lottery bound for sure. Wouldn't Rubio rather come over and be part of the solution a'la Stevie? He's supposed to be a passing virtuoso. Get over to Minny and make that team good, you Prima Donna!

GetDenarded
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
to be quite honest, i don't care if he impressed anyone in the NBA. he didn't impress me and that's all I care about. yes I do think he is overrated but he is talented. like I said, let's see how his talent translates in the NBA.

NBA scouts >>>>>> Some random ignorant guy on PSD

So what happens if the wolves don't do well next year ? (which is a good possibility)

As long as we show improvement, I think he'll be happy. I would probably bet money we win more than 15 games next season. It's not like Rubio expects us to be a playoff team.

New Jersey Nets
Probable Cap Space - $29 mil
Possible Cap Space - $33 mil

Ideas!

1) Sign Lebron James to Max Deal!

2) Sign & Trade w/Minnesota

- Nets acquire PF Al Jefferson & rights to PG Ricky Rubio from T"wolves in exchanged for 2010 1st rd pick(3rd overall), a future 1st rd pick, SG C.Lee, & PF YI.

3) 2010 NBA Draft, Round 2(31st overall), Nets Draft D.Ebanks, SF West Virginia

27th overall: Lance Stephenson, SG Cincy.

Nets Potential Lineup:

C) B.Lopez
PF) A.Jefferson
SF) CDR4
SG) L.James
PG) D.Harris

Bench:

PG) R.Rubio
SF/SG) T.Williams
C/PF) J.Boone
PF) K.Humphries
PG) K.Dooling
PF/SF) D.Ebanks
SG) L.Stephenson

Kahn will not trade this guy this offseason. Won't happen.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 02:36 PM
who are you talking to? Nobody is quoting you or really responding to any of your posts, but you keep posting acting like everybody is ragging on you.

to everyone that keeps coming in here and just assuming things without reading actually quotes

Breatnach
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Quoted.
Next seasons, he'll make you eat your words.
Tell me when Ricky Rubio can lead his team to an NBA ECF and Finals appearance in 6 years. LMFAO.

Quoted. ;)
By 2017 I am absolutely positive, the Wolves will have had at least a trip to the WCF (currently tougher than ECF) and also make the Finals. Rebuilding properly takes time, but yields good results. Ricky is one of those pieces that may take extra long to ripen, but will be all the sweeter then!

Breatnach
06-07-2010, 02:56 PM

As long as we show improvement, I think he'll be happy. I would probably bet money we win more than 15 games next season. It's not like Rubio expects us to be a playoff team.

Kahn will not trade this guy this offseason. Won't happen.

And I'd love to see the GM that plays Rubio off the bench! Apart from a very few (CP3, Rondo, DWill) I see him second to noone.

tbone2171
06-07-2010, 03:09 PM

LOL.. I'm a T-pups fan, but that's hilarious. What a P&&$$!

Hawkeye15
06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
holy crap, another Rubio thread. No way!!
These threads have become tiresome. When he is playing like Jason Kidd from 2000 in a few years in a Minnesota uniform, I will check back

drama1386
06-07-2010, 03:14 PM

yes, I may be some ignorant guy on PSD but like I said, I could care less what NBA scouts may think. obviously, my opinion and your opinion are different. IMO, rubio is overrated and until he proves that he can play in the NBA for 82 games, my opinion will not change. as far as I'm concerned, flynn is a better player than rubio and I would take flynn over rubio any day.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 03:18 PM
i wanna save this thread, so in a year when Rubio comes in and win rookie of the year and is known as the greatest passing rookie in the history of the NBA, i can laugh at u alll. NONE of u get on the bandwagon

drama1386
06-07-2010, 03:34 PM
i wanna save this thread, so in a year when Rubio comes in and win rookie of the year and is known as the greatest passing rookie in the history of the NBA, i can laugh at u alll. NONE of u get on the bandwagon

good luck with that.

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
thats too much to ask for a rookie who did not even play a single game in NBA.....and demands a roster shake up just for him to play....thats just ridiculous

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 03:37 PM
thats too much to ask for a rookie who did not even play a single game in NBA.....and demands a roster shake up just for him to play....thats just ridiculous

show me a quote where hes demanding a roster shake up or improvement or else he wont play. show me that quote from rubio

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 03:53 PM
show me a quote where hes demanding a roster shake up or improvement or else he wont play. show me that quote from rubio

the very first post with the news....and the very first paragraph of the article.....let me post the article for u....:cool:

http://gantdaily.com/2010/06/06/rubio-wont-play-in-nba-until-2011-12-wants-wolves-to-make-improvements/

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
. omg u have to be kidding me. :facepalm: i said a quote from rubio himself. is that a quote from rubio himself? no. it is not. u fail.

these are the quotes to what the thread is referring to. its not like hes demanding they change or hes not coming. dont be one of those ignorant fans that listen to watever the writer puts. go read the quotes

DerekRE_3
06-07-2010, 04:07 PM
So your saying he's demanding that the Timberwolves make the playoffs before he comes over? Wow what a dick.

MaHaRaJaH
06-07-2010, 04:13 PM
this kid is going to be a bust

Jruss of NBA

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 04:14 PM
So your saying he's demanding that the Timberwolves make the playoffs before he comes over? Wow what a dick.

ha ha ha. very funny. lol

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Jruss of NBA

i dont think anyone in the nba is as bad at basketball as jruss was at football

Hellcrooner
06-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Fun fact number 1. Larry Bird declared for 1978 and said he was going to play his last year in College even if he was drafted.
Celts deafted him and then he went on playing for inidiana and went celtics in 1979.

He didnt get any hate for it

Fun fact number 2 . David robsnon declared for the 1988 draft even knowing he still had to fulfill his military commitment or uone more year
San antonio drafted him and waited the whole year he started playing in spurs in 1989

TOok no hate for it.

fun facvt number 3 . the people that is hating on him for nothing and have only seen STATS 8(wich are not measurable, lets chek, dirks, paus, Parkers or Jeniings uro stats and compare them to thie nba stats------=) or some highliths will NEVER accept him and will FOREVER tell he is a bust, sadily a GREAT part of the media will treat him as a bust too

why=?

becaue he cares =0 for scring wich is all nowdays fans and media cares bout

he can peregfectly com around and LEAD the league in assists and steals his first year he can perfectly average 12 assists and 3 steals in his career he CAN lock down people in defense his whole career but all this peaople will care bout is he only scores 9 or 10 points in a game. they wont care if he is the best passer qith the highst iq and the vest defender on his position all they will look is his scoring stat line and say he is bust.

Byu the way bout him bein so frail.

please try to find a recent picture of him and compare him with rookie pictures of Jock stockton..........

gilly
06-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Watching this guy in the Euroleague is a dream, the guy is almost the perfect point-guard. If he had some athleticism he would be one of the best NBA prospects in some time. After the season he's had with Barca I would call him a better PG prospect than Wall.

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 04:50 PM
. omg u have to be kidding me. :facepalm: i said a quote from rubio himself. is that a quote from rubio himself? no. it is not. u fail.
these are the quotes to what the thread is referring to. its not like hes demanding they change or hes not coming. dont be one of those ignorant fans that listen to watever the writer puts. go read the quotes

Recently, Rubio expressed his desire to play in 2011-12, but wants the Wolves to make some serious improvements to the squad that finished with a dismal 15-67 record last season.

The buyout clause was originally valued between $6.6 million to $8.2 million with a Spanish club. The league’s collective bargaining agreement prohibits a team from paying more than $500,000 toward a player’s contract buyout.
Spanish team Barça bought out Rubio’s contract for €3.5 million ($5.0 million), then put a clause in his six-year deal with the club that would allow a more manageable buyout of $1.4 million (Timberwolves pay $500,000).
Rubio met with Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis last week, and walked away feeling “he can envision playing for Kurt,” according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
However, the 19-year old phenom may want to be traded if Minnesota continues its horrid play.
The Wolves have not made the playoffs since the 2003-04 season, posting a 170-328 (.341) record since then.
One thing the Wolves have been good at is acquiring draft picks.
Last year, they had four picks in the first round, including the fifth (Rubio) and the sixth, with which they picked up promising young talent in Jonny Flynn, also a point guard.
This year, Minnesota finagled three first-round picks – the fourth overall, No. 16 (from Charlotte via Denver) and No. 23 (from Utah via Philadelphia).
The Wolves may opt to trade one or more of those picks on draft day, just like they did in 2009.
Rubio would be a sweet edition as trade bait to help the Wolves pick up some outside support for big men Al Jefferson and Kevin Love.

and rubio comparing himself to nash and magic makes me lmfao....seriously....

td0tsfinest
06-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey guys, don't forget the World Championships are in August. So we're going to be able to see Rubio showcase his skill.

Spains first game is against France, so lets see how well the kid plays D against one of the fastest players in the league.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 04:55 PM

dude. ur honestly ****ing dumb. i dont care. get me an infraction. ur ****ing stupid. im giving u quotes from the mouth of ricky rubio, and your countering with some writing saying "ricky rubio may want to get traded if blah blah blah". ur countering facts with some writers speculation. ur done. stop talking

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Fun fact number 1. Larry Bird declared for 1978 and said he was going to play his last year in College even if he was drafted.
Celts deafted him and then he went on playing for inidiana and went celtics in 1979.

He didnt get any hate for it

Fun fact number 2 . David robsnon declared for the 1988 draft even knowing he still had to fulfill his military commitment or uone more year
San antonio drafted him and waited the whole year he started playing in spurs in 1989

TOok no hate for it.

fun facvt number 3 . the people that is hating on him for nothing and have only seen STATS 8(wich are not measurable, lets chek, dirks, paus, Parkers or Jeniings uro stats and compare them to thie nba stats------=) or some highliths will NEVER accept him and will FOREVER tell he is a bust, sadily a GREAT part of the media will treat him as a bust too

why=?

becaue he cares =0 for scring wich is all nowdays fans and media cares bout

he can peregfectly com around and LEAD the league in assists and steals his first year he can perfectly average 12 assists and 3 steals in his career he CAN lock down people in defense his whole career but all this peaople will care bout is he only scores 9 or 10 points in a game. they wont care if he is the best passer qith the highst iq and the vest defender on his position all they will look is his scoring stat line and say he is bust.

Byu the way bout him bein so frail.

please try to find a recent picture of him and compare him with rookie pictures of Jock stockton..........

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

td0tsfinest
06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I really don't think you can hate a guy who wants to serve his country or a guy who wants to finish up his education.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Just for saying that, Rubio is an epic fail. Never played an NBA game in his life, but compares himself to 2 of the best pg's of all time.

That was a direct quote of rubio's AI4MVP, but I guess you are ready to proclaim rubio as already better than Magic or Nash.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
dude. ur honestly ****ing dumb. i dont care. get me an infraction. ur ****ing stupid. im giving u quotes from the mouth of ricky rubio, and your countering with some writing saying "ricky rubio may want to get traded if blah blah blah". ur countering facts with some writers speculation. ur done. stop talking

:facepalm:

Dude, he quoted you and the article. Then you quote him ripping on him about not reading the quotes from Ricky's mouth, when he was talking about quotes straight from Ricky's mouth. How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 05:08 PM

take ur pms pills...lot of people in this thread said the same thing as i said....seing u r a rubio fan its obvious that u r over reacting....have ur fun fantasizing about a rookie who thinks he is like steve nash and magic johnson...

Breatnach
06-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Just for saying that, Rubio is an epic fail. Never played an NBA game in his life, but compares himself to 2 of the best pg's of all time.

That was a direct quote of rubio's AI4MVP, but I guess you are ready to proclaim rubio as already better than Magic or Nash.

So what is he supposed to say according to you? :confused:

"I think I am like Mike James, but probably not as good as Marc Blount"

Everyone picks role models and usually you pick the best there is. And Rubio is still a kid himself. Why shouldn't he look up to two of the best PGs ever?!

What he said is that he is NOT like Nash and NOT like Magic, but something different, a mix of both of them. He is saying he would NOT like to be compared to either one of them, because he is something unique and not a 1:1 copy of either of them.

Gawd, people on this board can really grind my gears.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 05:22 PM
take ur pms pills...lot of people in this thread said the same thing as i said....seing u r a rubio fan its obvious that u r over reacting....have ur fun fantasizing about a rookie who thinks he is like steve nash and magic johnson...

ok so since alot of people in this thread said it it means its right?? fact of the matter is, u nor anyone else has shown me a direct quote fom rubios mouth saying that he demands them to become better or else hes not coming

DaBUU
06-07-2010, 05:22 PM
really who the fk this kid think he is

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 05:24 PM
:facepalm:

Dude, he quoted you and the article. Then you quote him ripping on him about not reading the quotes from Ricky's mouth, when he was talking about quotes straight from Ricky's mouth. How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?

nope. he showed me a quote from the writer. he never showed me a quote from rubios mouth like i did. ive been dropped on my head becuz im providing actually quotes and u guys are showing speculation from a writer trying to make an interesting story so people such as yourself can read and make assumptions? :facepalm:

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
and no. he doesnt think hes as good as those players. as a matter of fact when he got drafted and was interviewed by stuart scott, scott asked him who he thinks he plays like and he said "im ricky rubio. im not like anyone else. i would say steve nash, but that is too high for me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KgwWxilUI0

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 05:30 PM
and no. he doesnt think hes as good as those players. as a matter of fact when he got drafted and was interviewed by stuart scott, scott asked him who he thinks he plays like and he said "im ricky rubio. im not like anyone else. i would say steve nash, but that is too high for me"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KgwWxilUI0

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
ok so since alot of people in this thread said it it means its right?? fact of the matter is, u nor anyone else has shown me a direct quote fom rubios mouth saying that he demands them to become better or else hes not coming

its from his own mouth....dude says its a young team and still needs to grow and lacks experience??isnt that evident enough that he is asking them to make changes???

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 05:35 PM
its from his own mouth....dude says its a young team and still needs to grow and lacks experience??isnt that evident enough that he is asking them to make changes???

now ur taking it out of context and not bolding what he says after it, saying that he knows there in a process of rebuilding, and hes happy that the team is evolving becuz thats important to him and he wants to be on a team with a vision. and even then, where does it say he demands them to make changes or else he wont come?

Kakaroach
06-07-2010, 05:37 PM
I just see a trade coming for Rubio so he gets shipped out of Minny. Flynn has proved he is a decent PG and who knows what the Wolves might get for Rubio from say the Knicks or other teams.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I just see a trade coming for Rubio so he gets shipped out of Minny. Flynn has proved he is a decent PG and who knows what the Wolves might get for Rubio from say the Knicks or other teams.

Kahn has already stated many many times that they are not trading Rubio no matter what and that he is going to play for the wolves in 2011. but even if he is, it doesnt matter. hes gunna dominate wherever he goes

Kakaroach
06-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Kahn has already stated many many times that they are not trading Rubio no matter what and that he is going to play for the wolves in 2011. but even if he is, it doesnt matter. hes gunna dominate wherever he goes That is the response every single GM would give. Case is Rubio hasn't shown that he really wants to be a part of Minny but maybe that changes. As of now though I think his trade value is pretty high because now teams only have to wait 1 year before he comes over and he will be even better.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-07-2010, 05:53 PM

The bold is the quote that you went off (once again) on the person about. When above that is the part of the article you put up here that says Rubio described himself as a player in the mold of Magic and Nash. Although there is no direct quote, the writer says rubio described himself as that.

So what is he supposed to say according to you? :confused:

"I think I am like Mike James, but probably not as good as Marc Blount"

Everyone picks role models and usually you pick the best there is. And Rubio is still a kid himself. Why shouldn't he look up to two of the best PGs ever?!

What he said is that he is NOT like Nash and NOT like Magic, but something different, a mix of both of them. He is saying he would NOT like to be compared to either one of them, because he is something unique and not a 1:1 copy of either of them.

Gawd, people on this board can really grind my gears.

He could say whatever he wants, but to come out and say you are a mold of 2 of the greatest pg's of all time is a little cocky, especially since you have yet to prove anything except hype. What would you think about a SG who came out before ever playing 1 game in the NBA saying his is a mold of MJ and Kobe?

nope. he showed me a quote from the writer. he never showed me a quote from rubios mouth like i did. ive been dropped on my head becuz im providing actually quotes and u guys are showing speculation from a writer trying to make an interesting story so people such as yourself can read and make assumptions? :facepalm:

See above. The writer makes it pretty clear that Rubio said that, although there is no direct quote in the article.

n83417
06-07-2010, 05:53 PM
I hope Rubio sucks in the NBA. I hope he is a back up to Flynn.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
The bold is the quote that you went off (once again) on the person about. When above that is the part of the article you put up here that says Rubio described himself as a player in the mold of Magic and Nash. Although there is no direct quote, the writer says rubio described himself as that.

He could say whatever he wants, but to come out and say you are a mold of 2 of the greatest pg's of all time is a little cocky, especially since you have yet to prove anything except hype. What would you think about a SG who came out before ever playing 1 game in the NBA saying his is a mold of MJ and Kobe?

See above. The writer makes it pretty clear that Rubio said that, although there is no direct quote in the article

i was never arguing the fact that he sees himself as a magic johnson nash type player. thats not what the arguement is about. were arguing about whether or not ricky is demanding changes or else hes not coming. as a matter of fact im glad rubio thinks hes in that mold. confidence is great. if john wall came out and said that known of u would be hating on that, even though Rubio is undebateably the better POINT GUARD, maybe not athetle or scorer, but POINT GUARD then Wall

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 05:58 PM
and for the record, there is video, not even an article with a quote from rubio, but actually video of him saying he plays like steve nash, but the comparison is to high for him. i already provided that video

natelpete
06-07-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm one of the few Wolves fans who think we should deal Rubio and Jefferson.

nuggetsyankees
06-07-2010, 06:17 PM
trade rubio and 4th pick for 2nd overall pick

natelpete
06-07-2010, 06:39 PM

If it came down to it I would just cause I dislike Rubio that much and want Turner that bad, but Rubio and the 16 sounds better.

futureman
06-07-2010, 06:49 PM

and that skill is probably worse than kwame brown.

natelpete
06-07-2010, 07:03 PM
2009-2010 STATS
PPG: 6.8
RPG: 2.9
APG: 4.1
SPG: 1.4
2P%: 38.2%
3P%: 35.8%
FT%: 89.3%

I know he's young but he is also playing inferior competition. Why do people think he's soooo good?

SOURCE (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW)

GetDenarded
06-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I really don't think you can hate a guy who wants to serve his country or a guy who wants to finish up his education.

Then don't enter the draft.

If he was taken #1 or #2 (yes, even by the Wolves) he would most likely be here now because he would have been able to afford the buyout.

How does that mean he wants to be traded? He stated the obvious. The team DOES need to grow. I think you're looking for something that isn't there, to be honest.

Wolves won't trade him this offseason. If anything, they wait until the summer of 2011 to make a deal if he makes it seem like he won't come. Keep in mind, he's given every indication he's ready to come over to Minnesota.

Case is Rubio hasn't shown that he really wants to be a part of Minny.

That's false.

I've seen quotes stating otherwise.

Care to find me a quote where he say's this, or are you just 'assuming'?

I'm one of the few Wolves fans who think we should deal Rubio and Jefferson.

I'm not opposed to it, but the excitement of Rubio in Minnesota is kind of intriguing. If Rubio isn't over here in 2011, i'm in the "trade him" boat.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
2009-2010 STATS
PPG: 6.8
RPG: 2.9
APG: 4.1
SPG: 1.4
2P%: 38.2%
3P%: 35.8%
FT%: 89.3%

I know he's young but he is also playing inferior competition. Why do people think he's soooo good?

SOURCE (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW)

wow u really dont know much about basketball do u? euroleague stats mean nothing. all the great euro players in the league today had bad numbers in europe. go look at brandonjennins euro stats compared to his stats his rookie year in the nba

gilly
06-07-2010, 07:23 PM

As a Sixer I would have to seriously consider this, if Rubio was to come in time for next season. Rubio + 4th + Jefferson for Brand and the 2nd would be the only way I would do a trade, even AJ/16th/Rubio for 2/Brand would be a done deal. I'd deal Holiday for a SG or try and get someone like Redick.

Although I am a huge Rubio fan. To those who say his numbers in Europe aren't impressive, you can't tell anything because it is a completely different game. Games are 60/70 points, you never get 100 point games. He is an awesome playr with unlimited upside, he has everything you need in a point guard except maybe some agility/athleticism.

natelpete
06-07-2010, 07:24 PM
wow u really dont know much about basketball do u? euroleague stats mean nothing. all the great euro players in the league today had bad numbers in europe. go look at brandonjennins euro stats compared to his stats his rookie year in the nba

How do you know he is gonna be a great NBA player then?? Because he can no look pass? It's not like the difference between NBA and Euroleague is the difference between baseball and cricket. It's comparing basketball to basketball and stats are stats. Honestly though, what does he have that makes you think he is so special? Potential (based on?) Intangibles? Please explain this to me since I apparently know nothing about basketball.

tdunk21
06-07-2010, 07:28 PM

i strongly recommend u to save all this hyped talk till he comes to the NBA and proves that he is a better point guard.....

Penetra8r
06-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Let him cry...

Players will give this guy a hard welcome in the NBA

GetDenarded
06-07-2010, 07:30 PM
As a Sixer I would have to seriously consider this, if Rubio was to come in time for next season. Rubio + 4th + Jefferson for Brand and the 2nd would be a done deal for me, even AJ/16th/Rubio for 2/Brand would be a done deal. I'd deal Holiday for a SG or try and get someone like Redick. .

Rubio + #4 + Jefferson for #2 and Brand?

You know that's an absolutely assinine trade proposal, right?

gilly
06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Rubio + #4 + Jefferson for #2 and Brand?

You know that's an absolutely assinine trade proposal, right?

Well yes, but I value the 2nd pick. I'm not saying it would happen but I'm saying that's the only way I would trade that pick, along with the salary dump.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 08:07 PM
How do you know he is gonna be a great NBA player then?? Because he can no look pass? It's not like the difference between NBA and Euroleague is the difference between baseball and cricket. It's comparing basketball to basketball and stats are stats. Honestly though, what does he have that makes you think he is so special? Potential (based on?) Intangibles? Please explain this to me since I apparently know nothing about basketball.

number 1, dont change the subject. u are embarrasing yourself by providing euroleague stats when every educated basketball fan knows that euroleague stats do not translate to NBA becuz the game and system is very different. even if lebron went there, he wouldnt have the goddy stats he has.

how do i know hes so special? number 1, i actually have watched him throughout his whole career. not just highlights, but actual games online. he has the highest basketball IQ ive ever seen, and only at the age 19. his court vision is comparable to that of Jason Kidd and Steve Nash. His actual ability to apply the pass exactly where it needs to be, at the exact moment, to where only his teammate could catch it and not the opposing defense on a consistent basis is something ive only seen in Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and John Stockton. This is all from the time i saw him play as a 17 year old kid in the olympics, playing against real men in what is commonly known as the second best competition, 2nd to the NBA, and above the NCAA, in the World.

natelpete
06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
number 1, dont change the subject. u are embarrasing yourself by providing euroleague stats when every educated basketball fan knows that euroleague stats do not translate to NBA becuz the game and system is very different. even if lebron went there, he wouldnt have the goddy stats he has.

how do i know hes so special? number 1, i actually have watched him throughout his whole career. not just highlights, but actual games online. he has the highest basketball IQ ive ever seen, and only at the age 19. his court vision is comparable to that of Jason Kidd and Steve Nash. His actual ability to apply the pass exactly where it needs to be, at the exact moment, to where only his teammate could catch it and not the opposing defense on a consistent basis is something ive only seen in Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and John Stockton. This is all from the time i saw him play as a 17 year old kid in the olympics, playing against real men in what is commonly known as the second best competition, 2nd to the NBA, and above the NCAA, in the World.

Can I get some player names that had bad/below average stats in Euroleague and became good NBA players? You said Jennings before but he didn't get the minutes when he played over there. I checked out Ginobili, his stats were good.. Can I get some names?

Do yourself the favor of not comparing Rubio to the likes of Magic Johnson, Steve Nash, John Stockton, and Jason Kidd, people might not take you seriously anymore.

natelpete
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
BTW not trying to be a ****, you might be right about the statistical translation, I just wanna see for myself.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Can I get some player names that had bad/below average stats in Euroleague and became good NBA players? You said Jennings before but he didn't get the minutes when he played over there. I checked out Ginobili, his stats were good.. Can I get some names?

Do yourself the favor of not comparing Rubio to the likes of Magic Johnson, Steve Nash, John Stockton, and Jason Kidd, people might not take you seriously anymore.

?? rubio averaged 3 more points, 2 more assists, and shot 15% better from three. its not like rubio is getting alot more minutes then jennings did either. rubio is getting 20 while jennings got 17.

i dont even know why im aruging about this with u., its common basketball knowledge that euroleague stats do not translate to NBA

natelpete
06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I know they don't translate exactly, but its not like they should be that much different, its basketball.. Don't waste your time telling me about the different styles because I know, but you have to realize the drop off in talent over there compared to here. How can you expect him to tear up the league if he has below average stats overseas?

Shouldn't be that tough to give me a few names to check out?

Oh and I don't know where you get your stats but they are wrong.

JENNINGS (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?seasoncode=E2008&pcode=001219)
RUBIO (http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?pcode=LFW)

natelpete
06-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh and IMO Rubio will have a much tougher time adapting to the NBA than Jennings due to the difference in their athleticism.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 08:46 PM
:facepalm: omg im done arguing with u. go ask ANYONE in this whole forum.its common basketball knowledge. u cannot say that statement. "if his stats were below average in europe how is he gunna tear it up in the league". before i stop talking to u becuz ur an insult to basketball intelligence, he wud be averaging atleast 15 more minutes a game when he gets to the NBA according to David Kahn and Kurt Rambis. Number two, assists are rewarded differently in Europe. some passes that are rewarded as assits in the nba, are not rewarded as assits in Europe. Number three, why dont u actually watch the kid play, at least in the 2nd best league in the world, which is much better competiotn then the NCAA, at least watch him a couple times before making any judgement.

and as for your comment about athletiscm, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, John Stockton, and the great Magic Johnson were not what we would call athletic. If you knew what a true point guard was, you would know athletiscm doesnt mean **** if you have the true point guard skills that all the great point guards posses

natelpete
06-07-2010, 09:04 PM
:facepalm: omg im done arguing with u. go ask ANYONE in this whole forum.its common basketball knowledge. u cannot say that statement. "if his stats were below average in europe how is he gunna tear it up in the league". before i stop talking to u becuz ur an insult to basketball intelligence, he wud be averaging atleast 15 more minutes a game when he gets to the NBA according to David Kahn and Kurt Rambis. Number two, assists are rewarded differently in Europe. some passes that are rewarded as assits in the nba, are not rewarded as assits in Europe. Number three, why dont u actually watch the kid play, at least in the 2nd best league in the world, which is much better competiotn then the NCAA, at least watch him a couple times before making any judgement.

and as for your comment about athletiscm, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, John Stockton, and the great Magic Johnson were not what we would call athletic. If you knew what a true point guard was, you would know athletiscm doesnt mean **** if you have the true point guard skills that all the great point guards posses

How did I know you wouldn't give me any names?

This is what I got out of all your posts.. "I like Rubio and you don't so you are an idiot and I know everything about basketball (internationally)."

Like I SAID BEFORE, I'm not arguing the fact that the difference in leagues affect the stats somewhat.. But it seems like you think he is gonna be ROY, All-Star, and league MVP because you "watch him online" and he has "great court vision".

Even if you disregard stats completely, which I guess you have to if you take someone from Euroleague, do you take him that high in the draft based on intangibles? Of course Khan and Rambis are gonna say they love him. He's on their team, what are they supposed to say?

But I know IF I get a response it's gonna be something along the lines of "you are an idiot, why am i arguing with you, this is stupid, you know nothing". So if that's the case, just don't respond.

Dieselpi
06-07-2010, 09:18 PM
for anyone thinking rubio will net a top 10 pick, humor me here....

what team will pull that trade? especially given the fact that it isnt a lock he will come over to the team.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 09:22 PM
can someone please get it in this idiots head that euroleague stats mean nothing? most recently, marc gasol had terrible numbers in europe, came over to the nba and is now averaging 15 and 10. brandon jennings had terrible numbers in europe and came to the nba and became the youngest player in the history of the nba to score 55 points, and 1st team all rookie. andrea bargnani. no hes not a super star, but his 17 ppg is much better then the 6 ppg he avergaed in europe the year before he was the number one pick in the draft

im not just telling u your an idiot becuz i have no arguement. im telling u your an idiot simply becuz u ARE, and its common knowledge that u cannot look at stats when determining the value of a european prospect.

Raoul Duke
06-07-2010, 09:24 PM

what team will pull that trade? especially given the fact that it isnt a lock he will come over to the team.

The Knicks. They have a huge hard on for Rubio, and a penchant for trading away draft picks. Plus, he'd come to NY for sure.

Dieselpi
06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
The Knicks. They have a huge hard on for Rubio, and a penchant for trading away draft picks. Plus, he'd come to NY for sure.

top ten pick
which the knicks do not have

i said it earlier the knicks are the only team that has a massive hard on for him and would give up a ton for him.

natelpete
06-07-2010, 09:45 PM
can someone please get it in this idiots head that euroleague stats mean nothing? most recently, marc gasol had terrible numbers in europe, came over to the nba and is now averaging 15 and 10. brandon jennings had terrible numbers in europe and came to the nba and became the youngest player in the history of the nba to score 55 points, and 1st team all rookie. andrea bargnani. no hes not a super star, but his 17 ppg is much better then the 6 ppg he avergaed in europe the year before he was the number one pick in the draft

im not just telling u your an idiot becuz i have no arguement. im telling u your an idiot simply becuz u ARE, and its common knowledge that u cannot look at stats when determining the value of a european prospect.

I think it is you who doesn't get it.. You are calling me an idiot because you think, that I think Euroleague stats correlate exactly with NBA stats.. I've already told you, I KNOW. I asked you to names of some players that came over and did well after not playing great overseas. You finally gave me a short list. Thank you. Now, understand, I know statistics don't translate exactly from league to league, as I've stated many times, but for some reason you can't comprehend that I already know.

I still think your expectations of Rubio coming to the NBA are way off. That is the real reason you keep calling me an idiot. But if we really get into it, I at least have the mental capacity to spell words correctly and create full sentences. But that's getting away from the point.

I don't see why you get so worked up over Rubio. It's actually kind of funny.
Anyway, agree to disagree. But, for some reason I think you are waayyy too in love with Rubio to do that. I'm sure you will post a reply, but I'm going to go live my life away from the computer for a while. I'm sure I'll check up on this later. Have a good night, guy who thinks AI should have been MVP in 09.

AI4MVP
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I think it is you who doesn't get it.. You are calling me an idiot because you think, that I think Euroleague stats correlate exactly with NBA stats.. I've already told you, I KNOW. I asked you to names of some players that came over and did well after not playing great overseas. You finally gave me a short list. Thank you. Now, understand, I know statistics don't translate exactly from league to league, as I've stated many times, but for some reason you can't comprehend that I already know.

I still think your expectations of Rubio coming to the NBA are way off. That is the real reason you keep calling me an idiot. But if we really get into it, I at least have the mental capacity to spell words correctly and create full sentences. But that's getting away from the point.

I don't see why you get so worked up over Rubio. It's actually kind of funny.
Anyway, agree to disagree. But, for some reason I think you are waayyy too in love with Rubio to do that. I'm sure you will post a reply, but I'm going to go live my life away from the computer for a while. I'm sure I'll check up on this later. Have a good night, guy who thinks AI should have been MVP in 09.

ok thats great. agree to disagree. i think hell be great, u dont. i gave specific reasons as to why i think hell be great, u just gave statistics that we both agreed mean nothing. so there we go.

and i dont think Ai shud have been MVP in 2009 or realistically MVP on any season. my sig is kinda misleading. but anyways., good day

bal_ravens
06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
His mom cut his steak for him? Oh god...

GetDenarded
06-08-2010, 02:38 AM

He was drafted 5th overall and was arguably the best player in the draft. If he was to be traded, I bet the Wolves could get a top ten pick or an impact player.

Too bad they have nothing we want.

robdizzle3
06-08-2010, 03:01 AM
WTF? Is he Kobe, Wade or Lebron to be demanding for improvements? He isnt even a rookie yet and hasnt played a single minute in the NBA, yet he makes demands? This does not look good for him in the eyes of the public and it also wont with the Wolves players and the NBA vets. You've done nothing yet Rubio to start making demands.

MaHaRaJaH
06-08-2010, 03:11 AM
WTF? Is he Kobe, Wade or Lebron to be demanding for improvements? He isnt even a rookie yet and hasnt played a single minute in the NBA, yet he makes demands? This does not look good for him in the eyes of the public and it also wont with the Wolves players and the NBA vets. You've done nothing yet Rubio to start making demands.

Yea because it's COMPLETELY reasonable to leave your entire life you built in Europe only to squander it away in a pretty crappy Timberwolves team. When do I pack my bags?

robdizzle3
06-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Yea because it's COMPLETELY reasonable to leave your entire life you built in Europe only to squander it away in a pretty crappy Timberwolves team. When do I pack my bags?

Then stay over there. He hasnt done anything to be able to demand things. He doesnt have much experience and who's to say he has a big impact? He isnt proven, but wants the Wolves to bring in proven guys? He needs experience, no matter on a bad tream or not.

MaHaRaJaH
06-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Then stay over there. He hasnt done anything to be able to demand things. He doesnt have much experience and who's to say he has a big impact? He isnt proven, but wants the Wolves to bring in proven guys? He needs experience, no matter on a bad tream or not.

Why do you need anything to demand something? Your implying that:
a) a player with a ring can whine and ***** whenever
b) a superstar can do the same because of his status
It is pretty unreasonable thing to do (demand things in general), but his big disadvantage is he's giving up a lot more then say a player drafted from America.
He also isn't the first to do this. But you're right he's hurting his NBA development by not playing there.

robdizzle3
06-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Why do you need anything to demand something? Your implying that:
a) a player with a ring can whine and ***** whenever
b) a superstar can do the same because of his status
It is pretty unreasonable thing to do (demand things in general), but his big disadvantage is he's giving up a lot more then say a player drafted from America.
He also isn't the first to do this. But you're right he's hurting his NBA development by not playing there.

I agree, it shouldnt be excepted, but the reality is that it is. Say you have a player lie a Kobe, Lebron, Wade or even Melo and they are about to walk or maybe just talking in general, you are gonna wanna satisfy them, because you dont want them to walk and that player is giving everything on the court and helping you achieve as much as you can without any major help, plus you wouldnt be able to upgrade his position. those are the people that can talk and demand change. John Wall looks to be a lock to be good, but he cant go out and say he wants the Wizards to get better before signing with them. look at how much flack Eli Manning got.

AI4MVP
06-08-2010, 03:42 AM
this is so frusterating. once again. HE DID NOT MAKE DEMANDS! GO LOOK AT THE ACTUAL QUOTES FRMO RUBIO

MaHaRaJaH
06-08-2010, 03:44 AM
this is so frusterating. once again. HE DID NOT MAKE DEMANDS! GO LOOK AT THE ACTUAL QUOTES FRMO RUBIO

Not saying he did, but it's not secret that players do such things- especially players before they play an NBA game.

robdizzle3
06-08-2010, 03:45 AM

So is he saying by saying he wants them to make "Serious Improvements"? Just in my opinion, he shouldnt be saying anything like that. Maybe thats just me.

GetDenarded
06-08-2010, 03:46 AM
He didn't make any demands.

Honestly, I don't see how he could have been any more genuine in what he said towards the Timberwolves, yet everyone is up in arms over it.. Geez.

azkarraga
06-08-2010, 05:17 AM
I used to be Rubio's fan, but now I dont know. And it has nothing to do with the hype and everything, but with his game itself. Sure he's a hell of a player, but this season I've seen him in a couple of matches and his games is not what it should be: in the european finals (however they are called), his most important macht to play so far, he spent the second half seating in the bench while a minor PG played his position. And he wasnt injured; it was a coach decision based on his lack of play. It made me doubt. A lot.

Raoul Duke
06-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Man, I dunno.. he made all those demands about the team getting better. And plus his Euroleague stats aren't that good.

Hellcrooner
06-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Pau gasols stts in barcelona http://www.acb.com/stsacumjug.php?cod_jugador=A2C

8 points and 4 rebounds in 18 minutes a game.

in his last season it was like 10 points and 6 rebounds in around 22 minutes a game and he got the MVP.

rokie season in memphis 17 and 8.....

go figure.-............

GetDenarded
06-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Man, I dunno.. he made all those demands about the team getting better. And plus his Euroleague stats aren't that good.

Either were Brandon Jennings, and I think Milwaukee is pretty happy with how that turned out.

drama1386
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Either were Brandon Jennings, and I think Milwaukee is pretty happy with how that turned out.

hell yeah we are! :D

losbreezy
06-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Rubio joining the team would make them better so maybe he should just play.

20R8ersfaN08
06-08-2010, 02:50 PM
AI4MVP gets his steak cut by his mom too!

sargon21
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
rubio's like the hot girl in school everyone idolizes and tries to go after, but she never puts out, so we're all just left waiting in the dust

TYoung21
06-08-2010, 03:04 PM
This Rubio *** is going to get embarassed once he plays against actual professional players

ballpd05
06-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I think Rubio's overrated, and so does Brandon Jennings lol. Anyway the Wolves should just trade his rights, they have some glaring holes they need to fill.

AI4MVP
06-08-2010, 03:17 PM
rubio's like the hot girl in school everyone idolizes and tries to go after, but she never puts out, so we're all just left waiting in the dust

:laugh2:

Vin23
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Woooow, hey haters!

Look, I'm studying Periodism and when you write something that someone has said, you HAVE to quote it. So the journalist should have written: who described himself "in the mold of Magic Johnson and Steve Nash". If there's no quote, it doesn't count as that person said it.

And I've read the interview in Spanish and Rubio didn't say he's something between Nash and Magic. He said THOSE ARE HIS 2 FAVORITE PG. I can't believe this ********* journalist is making everybody hate Rubio.

Verbal Christ
06-08-2010, 06:32 PM
did rubio's mom finally sign the permission slip? heard she's gonna lay out his uniform for him on the bed, and leave the door cracked at night.

AI4MVP
06-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Woooow, hey haters!

Look, I'm studying Periodism and when you write something that someone has said, you HAVE to quote it. So the journalist should have written: who described himself "in the mold of Magic Johnson and Steve Nash". If there's no quote, it doesn't count as that person said it.

And I've read the interview in Spanish and Rubio didn't say he's something between Nash and Magic. He said THOSE ARE HIS 2 FAVORITE PG. I can't believe this ********* journalist is making everybody hate Rubio.

yeah. and i provided the actual quotes that the journalist used to tske this whole thing out of context and it wasnt even close to making demands "or else".

and anyone who is questioning rickys toughness is just dumb. hes a tough, physical, scrappy player, especially on the defensive end. After USA played Spain, when asked about Rubio, most of the team USA players said it wasnt only his court vision and basketball IQ that impressed them the most, but his pesky, scrappy, physical defense.

azkarraga
06-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Am I the only one tired of this kid? Once he's here, we'll see.

Bruno
06-08-2010, 06:58 PM
All I'm gona say is that he better be great after all this fuss.

WSU Tony
06-08-2010, 07:20 PM
I think Rubio's overrated, and so does Brandon Jennings lol. Anyway the Wolves should just trade his rights, they have some glaring holes they need to fill.

Ionic that Rubios stats in Europe are 3X better than Jennings stats were last year.

Much like shooting in the NBA, Jennings talks WAY too much.

He's not efficent at either.

Dieselpi
06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
He was drafted 5th overall and was arguably the best player in the draft. If he was to be traded, I bet the Wolves could get a top ten pick or an impact player.

Too bad they have nothing we want.

his value is diminished based on the fact that it isnt a lock he will come over to any team, unless it is a team he wants to play for. No team will blow their load and overpay on someone that may never suit up for them.

Can they get value for him? absolutely
but i think khan is overplaying his hand and messing up

goose15
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Trade him to the Knicks

E-Man117
06-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Rubio to Raptors

WSU Tony
06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
his value is diminished based on the fact that it isnt a lock he will come over to any team, unless it is a team he wants to play for. No team will blow their load and overpay on someone that may never suit up for them.

Can they get value for him? absolutely
but i think khan is overplaying his hand and messing up

Since he was drafted he was the starting PG for a team which won the European championship! AS A 19 YEAR OLD! Please explain to me how his value has declined !?!?!?!

Dieselpi
06-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Since he was drafted he was the starting PG for a team which won the European championship! AS A 19 YEAR OLD! Please explain to me how his value has declined !?!?!?!

from a talent and potential standpoint it hasnt.
some teams may shy away from paying a kings ransom to get him solely based on the fact that he may never suit up for them.

WSU Tony
06-09-2010, 08:49 AM
They can shy away all they want, we don't want to trade him. I don't care what the house I'm living in is worth compared to two years ago if I'm not selling it anyway.... If anything taxes are lower because of the value. (If Ricky's value IS lower, then stop fing asking about him in our forum every 3rd day!)

For all of you saying "RUbio won't play for the Wolves!" Hows this for logic. Rubio says the Wolves need to make upgrades before he'll come over. How is this for upgrading your team?

#4 pick, #16 pick, #23 pick, tons of cap space, Pekovic, and a top 10 pick next year.

Hows that for upgrades before you get here, Ricky?