PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Miami, Orlando and Washington discuss S&T, shuffle draft picks…

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Miami, Orlando and Washington discuss S&T, shuffle draft picks… Toronto and Philadelphia want in too

Nothing is imminent, but with the 2010 NBA Draft looming, the Miami Heat, Orlando Magic and Washington Wizards have discussed a possible sign-and-trade scenario involving Heat forward Udonis Haslem and Wizards swingman Josh Howard. The proposed trade has the Orlando Magic receiving the aforementioned Haslem, Miami sharpshooter Daequan Cook, and former Clippers pick Al Thornton (whom the Wizards received in the three-team deal that sent Antawn Jamison to the Cavaliers). Miami, looking to solidify its core in order to attract free agents, is rumored to receive Josh Howard, Orlando back-up center Marcin Gortat, and Orlando’s No. 29 pick. Washington, who are determined to build a young nucleus around consensus No. 1 pick John Wall, get Miami forward Michael Beasley (a former No. 2 pick), Orlando forward Ryan Anderson, Miami’s No. 18 pick, and Orlando’s No. 59 pick. However, nothing is set in stone, as the Toronto Raptors (who could sign-and-trade star forward Chris Bosh) and the Philadelphia 76ers (who hold the rights to the No. 2 pick) also want to get involved in the talks.

In a separate deal, the Raptors and Detroit Pistons have reached out to each other about a Hedo Turkoglu-for-Tayshaun Prince swap, a trade that fell through at the deadline in Februay.

I found this on a hiphop site that gave no source, so feel free to dismiss this. However, I think pairing Haslem with Howard would be great for Orlando, I think Josh Howard could be a perfect situational scorer for Miami and Washington gets a young guy who needs a new system in Beasley + picks to get younger and try to got the Oklahoma City-thunder route.... If this happened, I think it would benefit all teams.

Also, the Prince-for-Turkoglu swap is something I'm a big supporter of, it makes both teams better (sure, it's a lot of money, but Prince could make Toronto better with his skill-set and Hedo could definitey make the shooters-heavy Pistons better). Sorry that there is no source - but I am obviously NOT SAYING THIS IS A DONE DEAL, it's a RUMOR !!!!!

Discuss

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 07:53 AM
I wonder if Philly is willing to move the No. 2 pick.... or will Iguodala go? :s

Impulse
06-06-2010, 08:04 AM
:pray:

Howard and Gortat would be great pickups for the Heat.

nstojic
06-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I found this on a hiphop site that gave no source, so feel free to dismiss this.

this

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 08:06 AM
:pray:

Howard and Gortat would be great pickups for the Heat.

Yeah, I think he could be an immediate improvement over JO

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 08:07 AM
this

well yeah, obviously, I cleary stated it

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I love how 3 of the supposedly involved team have a lot of unwanted contracts (VC, Rashard, Arenas, Turkoglu...)

nstojic
06-06-2010, 08:11 AM
well yeah, obviously, I cleary stated it

don't get defensive... i'm not questioning you... that's just the position i'm taking, on this

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 08:14 AM
don't get defensive... i'm not questioning you... that's just the position i'm taking, on this

I know, and I know how the mods hate unsourced "news", so that's why I clearly said the news is shakey. I was just trying to get people to talk about it, not repeat that there's no source, because obviously I know that.

MagicBucsSox
06-06-2010, 08:17 AM
is haslem really better than brandon bass? nooooooooooooo bass is faster,younger,cheaper, more athletic, everything better! adding thorton to play where? he dont fit orlandos scheme.

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 08:21 AM
is haslem really better than brandon bass? nooooooooooooo bass is faster,younger,cheaper, more athletic, everything better! adding thorton to play where? he dont fit orlandos scheme.

Yeah, but I think Haslem is a better starter dan Bass will ever be. The Magic need a defend-and-rebound big to put next to Howard. Let Rashard overpower the smaller small forwards and have Vince at SG. With a defender like Barnes, shooters like Cook and Pietrus and a banger like Bass off the bench, that's a good team. At least in my opinion. I would never start Brandon Bass, excuse me.

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 08:24 AM

... Thornton I don't understand also

RNess78c
06-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Hedo for Prince wont happen HEDO Sucks only thing he has is the 3 point shot that didnt drop in toronto and will probley get released...

portland might still wanna go after prince and i think if i was detroit id go after webster or rudy over hedo there both way younger and have a better chance at being good were hedo's peak was in orlando and he's starting to roll down that hill and cost WAY TO MUCH!

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Hedo for Prince wont happen HEDO Sucks only thing he has is the 3 point shot that didnt drop in toronto and will probley get released...

portland might still wanna go after prince and i think if i was detroit id go after webster or rudy over hedo there both way younger and have a better chance at being good were hedo's peak was in orlando and he's starting to roll down that hill and cost WAY TO MUCH!

Turk is not a wing player, he's a big point guard. You can't have him play with Calderon or Jarrett Jack, that's why it didn't work. Have Turk facilitate for Rip Hamilton, Stuckey and Ben Gordon, I'll bet you that'll work. What the hell would Turk do in Portland? They already have Andre Miller and Brandon Roy, who are both organizers. The Portland situation is gonna implode when Roy returns full-time from his injury, I promise you. Turk in Detroit can work.

BullySixChicago
06-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I found this on a hiphop site that gave no source, so feel free to dismiss this. However, I think pairing Haslem with Howard would be great for Orlando, I think Josh Howard could be a perfect situational scorer for Miami and Washington gets a young guy who needs a new system in Beasley + picks to get younger and try to got the Oklahoma City-thunder route.... If this happened, I think it would benefit all teams.

Also, the Prince-for-Turkoglu swap is something I'm a big supporter of, it makes both teams better (sure, it's a lot of money, but Prince could make Toronto better with his skill-set and Hedo could definitey make the shooters-heavy Pistons better). Sorry that there is no source - but I am obviously NOT SAYING THIS IS A DONE DEAL, it's a RUMOR !!!!!

Discussyea it a serious rumor. The insane part is the Magic giving Gotat to the heat.

deaner
06-06-2010, 09:00 AM
From a Toronto perspective:

prince for Turk works & gortat and Howard sounds like good start for a bosh S&T.

ElFuturoDeESPN
06-06-2010, 09:12 AM
From a Toronto perspective:

prince for Turk works & gortat and Howard sounds like good start for a bosh S&T.

Wall, a sane Hibachi and Bosh would just be silly.

clutchski
06-06-2010, 09:13 AM
a hip-hop site that gave no source? :eyebrow:

DQL
06-06-2010, 09:14 AM

A few solid minutes off the bench doesn't make Bass as good a starter as Haslem. Haslem was a starter on a championship team. He's a proven winner. He is by far the steadiest and most consistent Heat player. What makes him valuable is his intangible contribution and leadership, not what are shown on the stat sheet. Bass is a better scorer and that's it. Haslem is a better rebounder, a smarter defender and is a way better team player and a great locker room guy. His 15-foot jump shot is almost automatic. Haslem = perfect fit next to Dwight. Stan Van Gundy loved him back to his day in Miami. Magic fans will love him if he signs for them

avrpatsfan
06-06-2010, 09:18 AM
a hip-hop site that gave no source? :eyebrow:
x2

Kakaroach
06-06-2010, 10:24 AM
No source given and even if it was, a hip-hop site giving out NBA rumors?