PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and Bosh are contemplating Joining Wade in MIAMI

Pages : [1] 2

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 01:03 AM
WKMG Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned that two-time NBA MVP LeBron James and Toronto Raptors star forward Chris Bosh are seriously contemplating joining Dwyane Wade to play for the Miami Heat next season, according to an NBA source close to the discussions.

http://www.clickorlando.com/magic/23799572/detail.html

JNA17
06-06-2010, 01:04 AM
awwww snap

fishfan79
06-06-2010, 01:05 AM
they can afford all three if they move beas

interesting but doubt it

Kakaroach
06-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Yeah I kind of doubt it too but that would be just insane if it happened. Wonder how close these sources are.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 01:08 AM
they can afford all three if they move beas

interesting but doubt it

Riley promises to sell James and Chris Bosh(notes) on taking a little less money for a chance to be champions. He plans to tell them all about how the Showtime Lakers did it in the pre-salary cap ’80’s and how they can do it, too.

I think this has something to do with it:confused:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjPWbbICOZ0tlL4Qr9npLy.8vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510

igPay atinLay
06-06-2010, 01:09 AM
I thought Miami could sign 2 max or near max deals....If that's the case why couldn't Lebron and Bosh sign and Wade uses the Larry Bird rule.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Of course they are discussing it, they are discussing every possible option and scenario right now. Highly unlikely and I'm pretty sure anyone could have predicted this.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 01:11 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjPWbbICOZ0tlL4Qr9npLy.8vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510
If that's the case then all three could go to Chicago, NJ, or NY as well. I'm sure they realized this before now.

jiggin
06-06-2010, 01:13 AM
don't know how they pull that off salary wise unless they want to pay a crap load of tax on being over the cap.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 01:14 AM
If that's the case then all three could go to Chicago, NJ, or NY as well. I'm sure they realized this before now.

We only have beasley 4mil which is tradeable, Cook 2mil and chalmers 875k under contract. So now you tell me how NJ OR NY can do this??? We can easily trade beasley and cook by the way.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 01:16 AM
We only have beasley 4mil which is tradeable, Cook 2mil and chalmers 875k under contract. So now you tell me how NJ OR NY can do this??? We can easily trade beasley and cook by the way.
I mean if they each want to take a reasonable salary, they could all go to Chicago, Miami, NY, NJ, LAC.

igPay atinLay
06-06-2010, 01:20 AM
People are not taking into account the money a championship can bring a guy in international endorsements...you put these 3 together and if they can play together they win multiple championships and all three own the Europe and China markets.

hgtiger32
06-06-2010, 01:21 AM
damn, that would be one fun team to watch...but lets not put the cart before the horse. i think PSD needs a couple of whole new forums dedicated to 2010 NBA Free Agency

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Wes Wesley has allegedly been telling people that LeBron is going to sign with Chicago too, this last month is going to be absolute chaos leading up to July 1st.

Illa215
06-06-2010, 01:22 AM
The NBA is a joke, and this is why... Taking the back seat to the NHL with how both the Finals and the Cup are going. If these three are on the same team, then there will be no basketball soon. Absolute joke. They're all in it for the money. LBJ couldn't give a flying **** about a Championship. This is the reason that the NBA is going up in flames. They really need to distribute the talent. There are 4 great teams, and everyone else is a piece of **** that can't contend with the top 4. The NBA was so great back in the day... :sigh:

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Awesome! good for them. I hope this will all be over now and we can move on from all the bickering fans ans speculation. If that's what they want go for it.

Heater4life
06-06-2010, 01:24 AM
I mean if they each want to take a reasonable salary, they could all go to Chicago, Miami, NY, NJ, LAC.

In that case yea. I doubt they would do that though. Get rid of Beasley and Cook and we can sign all three to the max. No pay cuts. Highly unlikely though imo.

I promise that id die of heart failure if this happened.

dolphan
06-06-2010, 01:25 AM
All three are franchise cornerstone. All three are leaders. All three need the ball in their hands to score. SHOULD BE INTERESTING!

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Although an impressive team it guarantees nothing. Nothing in sports is guaranteed. I just want this to be over as soon as possible.

Rochesta
This smells like the Yankees but tastes like the Redskins.

Cubsfan365
In that case yea. I doubt they would do that though. Get rid of Beasley and Cook and we can sign all three to the max. No pay cuts. Highly unlikely though imo.

I promise that id die of heart failure if this happened.
Hahaha. This would be pretty ridiculous and it would be interesting to see if Miami could actually unload Beasley. I feel like teams would just refuse to trade with Miami if they had any idea that it would help Miami land all 3.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 01:28 AM

or something with this

World Wide Wes has been telling everyone that he believes LeBron James(notes) is leaning hard toward signing with the Chicago Bulls. No one can be certain if basketball’s most famous middleman has been whispering honest insights to friends or amping the anxiety of Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert. Just know this: It wasn’t until Tom Thibodeau – who swore he never again wanted an agent – signed with William Wesley’s CAA that the Chicago Bulls grew serious about the coach’s candidacy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApSKMTxMvAyKrE8IdtGs6w68vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510

D1JM
06-06-2010, 01:29 AM
This smells like the Yankees but tastes like the Redskins.

lol

jeter 2
06-06-2010, 01:32 AM
I think this is realistic possibility. If these players are really about winning, they should sign together in Miami. Although Miami would lack a shooter, a center, and a bench. It would basically be the Wade, James and Bosh show.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 01:33 AM
I think this is realistic possibility. If these players are really about winning, they should sign together in Miami. Although Miami would lack a shooter, a center, and a bench. It would basically be the Wade, James and Bosh show.

i think it would be the lakers of the east.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 01:34 AM
or something with this

World Wide Wes has been telling everyone that he believes LeBron James(notes) is leaning hard toward signing with the Chicago Bulls. No one can be certain if basketball’s most famous middleman has been whispering honest insights to friends or amping the anxiety of Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert. Just know this: It wasn’t until Tom Thibodeau – who swore he never again wanted an agent – signed with William Wesley’s CAA that the Chicago Bulls grew serious about the coach’s candidacy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApSKMTxMvAyKrE8IdtGs6w68vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510

Dont make this a bulls vs miami thread:rolleyes: I obviously know that it says that and I was just answering his question. I posted the link so everyone can read the whole thing.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 01:37 AM

The bench could be filled with lots a vets looking for a ring, and we would be fine with anthony at center (I think??) and we would need a PG that can shoot the three.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Pat Riley would hijack the **** out of that team.

king james
06-06-2010, 01:41 AM

No they can't. a reasonable salary by their standards would be like 14mill a year. The only team that could do that is the Heat

ink

Sounds pretty far-fetched.

Bruno
If that happens Riley is no doubt back in the coaching chair, right?

LA_Raiders
06-06-2010, 01:44 AM
lol, ok

Cubsfan365
No they can't. a reasonable salary by their standards would be like 14mill a year. The only team that could do that is the Heat
If they REALLY were all about winning championships, they could each take the veteran's minimum and join the Lakers.

kswissdaf
I bet my left nut Bosh come to Miami

Teeboy1487
06-06-2010, 01:47 AM
This is actually plausible to say the least.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 01:48 AM
If that happens Riley is no doubt back in the coaching chair, right?

lol...You know he will.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 01:49 AM
I bet my left nut Bosh come to Miami

I hope someone holds you accountable to this. :)

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 01:49 AM
This is actually plausible to say the least.

Can you imagine a Heat vs Lakers Finals:D

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Lakers in 4

lakersrnumber1
06-06-2010, 01:51 AM
these talks r killings the playoffs who cares where they say there goin cause lebron isnt go anywhere he jus a sucker 4 attention so in the words of kobe i dont give a **** dont matter 2 me

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Lakers in 4

Its possible, Lakers are a very good team...and they have one of the greatest players in the league.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 01:54 AM
I gotta say that would an insane trio. I'd perfer amare over bosh though with that team. Although those 3 have usa basketball history together.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Is it possible that Chi, NY, and Mia are the top 3 most likely destinations, and Cleveland has fallen out of the top 3?

SeoulBeatz
06-06-2010, 01:55 AM
haha if this happened it would KILL the NBA.

3 top 10-15 players on the same team all in beginning their prime.....

i actually really hope this doesn't happen just for the sake of the game. kudos to miami, but TERRIBLE for the integrity of the game.

iggypop123
06-06-2010, 02:00 AM
when it comes to the nba i will never bet on a person taking less money to win. the only person i ever saw take less to win was malone. he went from 20 million to 820 k.

Lakersho
06-06-2010, 02:02 AM
these talks r killings the playoffs who cares where they say there goin cause lebron isnt go anywhere he jus a sucker 4 attention so in the words of kobe i dont give a **** dont matter 2 me

x2 i'll wait til playoffs are over... the real teams are still playing,all the make believe,maybe teams,could be teams is like young girls talking about who they will marry and where they will live when they grow up . til july the only thing real is the playoffs.

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2010, 02:03 AM
actually i can see something like this happening. maybe they both sign a one year deal, see how it goes, if they like it miami then would have the bird rights after the first year and can pay them whatever they want. honestly i dont see why most players who are young and good like these guys dont do that. also the fact that florida has no income tax. i really hate to say this as a bulls fan, but it could happen.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 02:04 AM

dont get laker nation all radle up on this lol

nuggetsyankees
06-06-2010, 02:07 AM
the only way these three get together is with team USA and in NBA Live (or Elite)

D1JM
06-06-2010, 02:07 AM
actually i can see something like this happening. maybe they both sign a one year deal, see how it goes, if they like it miami then would have the bird rights after the first year and can pay them whatever they want. honestly i dont see why most players who are young and good like these guys dont do that. also the fact that florida has no income tax. i really hate to say this as a bulls fan, but it could happen.

your wrong about this my fellow bulls member. They have to play for the same team three consecutive years without being waved or changing teams. early bird rights is two years but i am not sure if they qualify

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 02:08 AM
haha if this happened it would KILL the NBA.

3 top 10-15 players on the same team all in beginning their prime.....

i actually really hope this doesn't happen just for the sake of the game. kudos to miami, but TERRIBLE for the integrity of the game.

There has been several team's that has had or have top 15 players on the same team. So I think this would make the NBA very intertaining and they will make tons of money. Hey the Yankees always had all the best players, and other teams like boston, Marlins, ect has taken them out. That made fans watch the game even more because you never know where the upset will come and you would be ruding for your team to beat them or just become a fan:D

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2010, 02:11 AM
your wrong about this my fellow bulls member. They have to play for the same team three consecutive years without being waved or changing teams. early bird rights is two years but i am not sure if they qualify

really? hmmmm...... i thought they just had to sign for one year, but yea that sounds more reasonable what you said.

AI4MVP
06-06-2010, 02:13 AM
game. set. match. If this happens, the Miami Heat will be the team of the next decade if this happens. They could easily win 6 straight championships. But itd be kinda weird. I just cant see it. Miami is Wades team. Itd be weird to see LeBron come in and take that.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 02:13 AM

also, state income tax is kinda overrated. They dont pay state income tax, but they pay federal. State income tax on a max salary for them is about 550,000 thousand dollars. However, they pay more state property taxes and since hurricanes happen there, their home insurance is higher. On top of that, they pay taxes whenever they play outside florida or any other state that does pay taxes.

jimbobjarree
06-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Miami should trade Beasley to the Jazz for our 6.5million trade exception to clear the space :nod:

hell throw in one of your 1sts this year and we'd take Cook too

Westbrook36
06-06-2010, 02:15 AM
don't know how they pull that off salary wise unless they want to pay a crap load of tax on being over the cap.

They would pull in so much money from Jerseys and everything of that sort that it wouldn't be too big of a problem. Championships bring in a ton of money.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 02:15 AM
also, state income tax is kinda overrated. They dont pay state income tax, but they pay federal. State income tax on a max salary for them is about 550,000 thousand dollars. However, they pay more state property taxes and since hurricanes happen there, their home insurance is higher. On top of that, they pay taxes whenever they play outside florida or any other state that does pay taxes.

:confused:

Westbrook36
06-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Miami should trade Beasley to the Jazz for our 6.5million trade exception to clear the space :nod:

hell throw in one of your 1sts this year and we'd take Cook too

Then the Jazz should trade the 76ers Milllls for Elton Brand.

jimbobjarree
06-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Then the Jazz should trade the 76ers Milllls for Elton Brand.

ak for iggy :nod:

D1JM
06-06-2010, 02:22 AM
:confused:

i said it like that because its not a big big sum. People hear that and they think its millions and millions

IrespectNumber3
06-06-2010, 02:24 AM
If Bosh and Lebron signed for a year just to test it out it would be a good Idea, Mainly because a super power like that could possibly boost back the NBA's economy.

As a Heat fan...On paper it looks good but Championships aren't garunteed. One year the Lakers had O'neal Malone Payton and Kobe and I was like WTF is this???

That team couldn't win a title...they came close....Who knows if Wade Bosh and Lebron on a nightly basis dont ego clash...

Could you imagine one of them taking less points and rbs and missing an Allstar game? Or being the third wheel?

It goes both ways...

beasted86
06-06-2010, 02:24 AM

Not really. Not realistic for some teams.

Chicago needs not only 1, but rather 2 sign & trades with Deng & Hinrich (See: unrealistic to get a deal on both)
Knicks, somebody HAS to take Curry in a sign & trade for their superstar. (See: unrealistic in general)

Heat & Nets have assets on rookie contracts, and/or picks that somebody would take back in a S&T or salary dump. Nobody is taking back Curry, nor will you find takers for both Hinrich & Deng... maybe 1, not both. Beasley, Jones and a couple picks is realistic, as well as Harris and picks.

Either way all this speculation and baiting/bickering between teams over who is going to get who is kind of lame. I'm just waiting on July 1st. :cool:

jimbobjarree
06-06-2010, 02:27 AM
a Deng S&T for Boozer along with signing Joe Johnson would still be a good summer for the Bulls

IrespectNumber3
06-06-2010, 02:27 AM
If Lebron wins a title on a team that the media goes crazy about...Though were in a recession... The salary cap will LEAP...And more teams will be able to get FA's in the future...so I dont think a super power team is gonna mess up the league

Kobe and Shaq didn't Jordan and Pippen didn't...The Showtime Lakers...Celtics and Pistons didnt ....None of these teams Messed up the league

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 02:30 AM

Chicago needs not only 1, but rather 2 sign & trades with Deng & Hinrich (See: unrealistic to get a deal on both)
Knicks, somebody HAS to take Curry in a sign & trade for their superstar. (See: unrealistic in general)

Heat & Nets have assets on rookie contracts, and/or picks that somebody would take back in a S&T or salary dump. Nobody is taking back Curry, nor will you find takers for both Hinrich & Deng... maybe 1, not both. Beasley, Jones and a couple picks is realistic, as well as Harris and picks.

Either way all this speculation and baiting/bickering between teams over who is going to get who is kind of lame. I'm just waiting on July 1st. :cool:
I was saying they could all take salaries around 6-7 million and sign with those teams.

jackdawson
06-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Lakers in 4

I know how you are feeling now (:cry::mad::cry:)...Your blood cells are also joining your mind on the hating.

igPay atinLay
06-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Lakers in 4

I agree the Lakers would lose in 4

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 02:33 AM
I agree the Lakers would lose in 4
It was a joke.

IrespectNumber3
06-06-2010, 02:34 AM
I dont want to add any hype to this to be totally honest...The truth of the matter is on July 1st someone is going to look stupid...and ignorant...

This is still BS in my ears...but makes for a good NBA 2k10 moment

footballer2369
06-06-2010, 02:35 AM

The savings is quite a bit more than that actually....

I've seen numbers in between 1 and 2 million per year....That's a huge difference to anyone.

Also...one quick dump of Beasley to Washington and they all get max deals anyway + state income tax savings....it's a no brainer...

only reason i can see for it not happening is Wade will always have one more ring than Lebron...

But we'll see it play out...

D1JM
06-06-2010, 02:36 AM

funny how deng and hinrich dont have value but orlando, golden state, and memphis inquire about hinrich before last trade deadline. Also, the memphis owner had to be talked out of it when he wanted hinrich. Oh and i forgot portland and lakers

beasted86
06-06-2010, 02:36 AM
I was saying they could all take salaries around 6-7 million and sign with those teams.

Or they could take the veteran minimum and all sign with the Lakers? :rolleyes:

At least try and be feasible, if not realistic. Maybe Wade, LeBron, and Bosh signing on the same team in general for $16 mil a piece isn't realistic... but it's feasible. Them signing on the same team for $6-7 mil a piece is neither feasible nor realistic. :facepalm:

RaiderLakersA's
06-06-2010, 02:38 AM

Let's see...

Kobe - Wade
Artest - LeBron
Odom - Bosh
Bynum - No answer; Maybe Yao will play for vet minimum?
Gasol - No answer; Maybe Dirk will play for vet minimum?

The Heat would have 60+ wins during the regular season and make a deep run into the playoffs, as long as Wade stayed healthy.

IrespectNumber3
06-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Ok...If the Heat with state income tax....get Wade/Bosh/Lebron at 14 mill or 15 mill

would that compensate for them not getting a Max deal? To me, that is the real question.
How much money in endorsements could they all rack up

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 02:40 AM
funny how deng and hinrich dont have value but orlando, golden state, and memphis inquire about hinrich before last trade deadline. Also, the memphis owner had to be talked out of it when he wanted hinrich.

They have value because they're good players. But I bet Memphis, ORl, or GS were not offering JJ or Bosh type players for either, which is the topic of conversation.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Or they could take the veteran minimum and all sign with the Lakers? :rolleyes:

At least try and be feasible, if not realistic. Maybe Wade, LeBron, and Bosh signing on the same team in general for $16 mil a piece isn't realistic... but it's feasible. Them signing on the same team for $6-7 mil a piece is neither feasible nor realistic. :facepalm:
It's hypothetical. I'm saying if they cared about winning as much as they claim they do, they would be willing to do whatever it took to get some rings.

IrespectNumber3
06-06-2010, 02:41 AM
Let's see...

Kobe - Wade
Artest - LeBron
Odom - Bosh

The Heat would have 60+ wins during the regular season and make a deep run into the playoffs, as long as Wade stayed healthy.

That Finals would still make for good TV

beasted86
06-06-2010, 02:41 AM
funny how deng and hinrich dont have value but orlando, golden state, and memphis inquire about deng before last trade deadline. Also, the memphis owner had to be talked out of it when he wanted hinrich.

Somehow I don't believe that. The Grizzlies don't even have the salaries to trade for Hinrich... and even if they did, they aren't expirers.

For the Bulls to pull of a feasible LeBron-Wade-Bosh, they don't need salary in return. They would have needed expirers (which it's too late now), or they need a team under the cap to simply absorb the cap hit (Memphis can't).

As it sits right now, there is no team under the cap that would take Hinrich, and no non-guaranteed salary large enough to trade for Hinrich (Dallas isn't trading Dampier for him).

D1JM
06-06-2010, 02:46 AM
Somehow I don't believe that. The Grizzlies don't even have the salaries to trade for Hinrich... and even if they did, they aren't expirers.

For the Bulls to pull of a feasible LeBron-Wade-Bosh, they don't need salary in return. They would have needed expirers (which it's too late now), or they need a team under the cap to simply absorb the cap hit (Memphis can't).

As it sits right now, there is no team under the cap that would take Hinrich, and no non-guaranteed salary large enough to trade for Hinrich (Dallas isn't trading Dampier for him).

nah i wouldnt want lebron-wade bosh trio in my team. I wasnt trying to state that. What I am trying to say is that many people dont believe that deng or hinrich dont have value in the league.

$ Griz owner Michael Heisley had to be talked out of acquiring Chicago point guard Kirk Hinrich and his enormous contract.

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2010/02/griz-trade-musings.html

SugeKnight
06-06-2010, 02:49 AM
Let's see...

Kobe - Wade
Artest - LeBron
Odom - Bosh

Wade<Kobe (For now)
LeBron>>>Artest
Bosh>Gasol
Arroyo, Chalmers>Fisher, Farmar
Haslem<Bynum
Beasley>Odom

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 02:52 AM
They will release a new music video of the song Miami by will smith like this:

(Catchy Miami beat playin) Dwade leaning back on his Bentley, all white suit biting on a cuban cigar

LBJ announces- "I'm going to Miami"

Dwade- "welcome to Miami"

Dwade's latino bitties- "bienvenido a miami."

Bron- "Miami , uh uh. Southbeach, bringin the heat, uh.

LOL . Go enjoy miami bron. Party in the city where the heat is on.

beasted86
06-06-2010, 02:53 AM
nah i wouldnt want lebron-wade bosh trio in my team. I wasnt trying to state that. What I am trying to say is that many people dont believe that deng or hinrich dont have value in the league.

$ Griz owner Michael Heisley had to be talked out of acquiring Chicago point guard Kirk Hinrich and his enormous contract.

http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2010/02/griz-trade-musings.html

Hinrich has value. That wasn't my argument that he doesn't.

The point of debate is how to move Hinrich to allow the Bulls to get 3 all-star instead of 1 or 2 like has been talked about.

1) Will a team with a free agent all-star take him in a S&T (CLE, TOR, MIA, PHX, ATL, UTA)? Simple answer: No.
2) Will a team under the cap right now take him in a salary dump? Simple answer: No
3) Will a team with a non-guaranteed contract large enough trade for him? Simple answer: No.

The Nets and Heat are the only ones that might get a shot at 3 star guys. Bulls & Knicks... not so much. For them it's 1 or 2.

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Wade<Kobe (For now)
LeBron>>>Artest
Bosh>Gasol
Haslem<Bynum
Beasley>Odom

Im sorry to say it but Wade has surpassed Kobe. Yea hes having a great postseason but i still think Wade has become the better player this year.

Chalmers < Fisher
Wade > Kobe
Lebron > Artest
Bosh > Gasol
Whoever we might get < Bynum

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Im sorry to say it but Wade has surpassed Kobe. Yea hes having a great postseason but i still think Wade has become the better player this year.

Chalmers < Fisher
Wade > Kobe
Lebron > Artest
Bosh > Gasol

No!!! Dont start a debate over this...Kobe is still number 1#

JabberJaw
06-06-2010, 03:03 AM
There is no way this happens. The NBA is facing a lockout in 2 years. From everything that I've heard, owners are fighting to make more money and have players make less. If they stick to their guns, then a compromise on both parts will have to be had to have the league survive. That means players make even less when the new agreement is made. Plus the salaries will now be effected retroactively, so the contracts they sign will become even less after the agreement. There is no way you are going to have 2 max players and another nearly-max player and think you can still sign anyone else. Between Wade and Lebron you are going to be looking at close to 50 million per season, when it's all said and done. Bosh will be making close to 20 million. That's already too much for any team, especially Miami. Won't happen. Only way it does if they all check their ego's at the door and make waaaaaaay under their fair market price. Not too realistic.

MacFitz92
06-06-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't see why Bosh would want to be the third best player on any team. He thinks he is a player a team should build around.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 03:08 AM
There is no way this happens. The NBA is facing a lockout in 2 years. From everything that I've heard, owners are fighting to make more money and have players make less. If they stick to their guns, then a compromise on both parts will have to be had to have the league survive. That means players make even less when the new agreement is made. Plus the salaries will now be effected retroactively, so the contracts they sign will become even less after the agreement. There is no way you are going to have 2 max players and another nearly-max player and think you can still sign anyone else. Between Wade and Lebron you are going to be looking at close to 50 million per season, when it's all said and done. Bosh will be making close to 20 million. That's already too much for any team, especially Miami. Won't happen. Only way it does if they all check their ego's at the door and make waaaaaaay under their fair market price. Not too realistic.

I dont know where you get your numbers but that is way off:facepalm: and you never know the miami heat can save the league and make them tons of money???

kblo247
06-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Wade<Kobe (For now)
LeBron>>>Artest
Bosh>Gasol
Haslem<Bynum
Beasley>Odom

This is funny because Odom is a better player than Beasley and Fisher is the best of those 4 PGs by far especially in the postseason.

fadedmario
06-06-2010, 03:09 AM
I thought Bron was going to the Bulls? This is getting old. I now hate all three

JabberJaw
06-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Wade<Kobe (For now)
LeBron>>>Artest
Bosh>Gasol
Haslem<Bynum
Beasley>Odom

Lebron>Artest...correct
Bosh=Gasol...You could make a case for either one of them.
Arroyo, Chalmer<Fisher, Farmar...Arroyo and Chalmers are pretty bad.
Haslem<Bynum...agreed
Beasley<Odom...You and Beasley are smokin that same stuff. Beasley just got offered for Dooling and got rejected. Guaranteed Odom would be in New Jersey watching the finals from home if Lakers offered that one. Odom was one of the best 6th men in the league. Might even be the most valuable, if you broke it down. Beasley is one dimensional and couldn't spell the words rebound or defense.

Derick713
06-06-2010, 03:11 AM
It makes sense. James, Wade, and Bosh know that the Lakers and Celtics have 3 franchise talents. It will take more than two superstars to win a title. The Celtics and Lakers have three franchise talents coupled with a good supporting cast.

The Thunder and Blazers and going to be deep and young. Kevin Durant has Westbrook, Green, Harden, and a developing roster. The Blazers have Roy, Aldridge, Oden, Fernandez, Bayless, Camby, and etc.

JabberJaw
06-06-2010, 03:12 AM
I dont know where you get your numbers but that is way off:facepalm: and you never know the miami heat can save the league and make them tons of money???

Way off? How much do you think Wade and Bron will make, considering they are both going to make max money? Somewhere upwards of $20 million. So, my figures arent way off. If they both make 23 million, thats 46 million. That's only 4 million off. Lebron will make the most money in the league, considering this contract will take him into his prime. Think about it there....
Considering McGrady was making 23 million and Jermaine O'neal was making 22.8 million, I think Lebron and Wade will get a little bit bigger contracts than them...wouldn't you agree?

D1JM
06-06-2010, 03:13 AM

Chalmers < Fisher
Wade > Kobe
Lebron > Artest
Bosh > Gasol

hahahahahahahahahahaha wade over kobe. Also bosh over gasol, really?

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 03:17 AM
I think that lineup would only help the NBA's ratings. Remember how much attention the celtics had when they added KG and Jesus shuttlesworth? Plus they clicked right away and won the championship. The same could happen for Miami.

Derick713
06-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Part of me wonders if the Heat would be better of building the frontcourt with players like Yao, Dirk, Bosh, Scola, Haslem, and etc. The Lakers are great because they have size no other team can match. The Heat could put Yao and Bosh together and that would rival what the Lakers have.

The Heat will be in the lead for James and Bosh because they have Wade coupled with the potential cap space to add two max players. James needs a top PF and a top SG and the Heat has one in Wade and can afford another in Bosh. Derrick Rose is special. Wade and Bosh are at that stage were they are better able to win now.

The Heat will likely clear Bealsey or Cook in order to Draft one Center in Alabi or Whiteside. The Heat may target Dominque Jones.

LeBron James knows that Patrick Beverly has a lot of potential. He watched as Beverly outplayed Chris Paul and made him look like a rookie.

Patrick Beverly/Mario Chalmers/
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook/
LeBron James/Matt Barnes/
Chris Bosh/Ekpe Udoh/Jarvis Varnado/
Solomon Alabi/Joel Anthony/Robert Dozier/

Heat Get-
Cavs 2010 1st Round Pick
Maybe Nick Young or Javaris Crittenton

Wizards Get-
Michael Beasley
2nd Round Pick 48th

POTENTIAL MOVE-

Grizzlies Get-
Mario Chalmers
Michael Beasley

Heat Get-
Darrell Arthur
12th Pick
28th Pick

Heat buys

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Way off? How much do you think Wade and Bron will make, considering they are both going to make max money? Somewhere upwards of $20 million. So, my figures arent way off. If they both make 23 million, thats 46 million. That's only 4 million off. Lebron will make the most money in the league, considering this contract will take him into his prime. Think about it there....

They only can make a max of 17 to 18mil on a 5 year contract...I think??? Wade is the only one that can add an extra yr and possibly get paid an extra 30mil. They point is the heat need to convince them to take a pay cut to make this happend. A 15mil a year type of deal or a 16 a year for three years and a fourth optional.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 03:21 AM
hahahahahahahahahahaha wade over kobe. Also bosh over gasol, really?

I know, I know:facepalm: I already told him.....It's late and he was thinking out loud.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 03:22 AM
funny how everyone is popping scenarios and being a homer about them too. Its fun though how everyone has hopes of landing lebron or bosh or both and those FA agents are just playin with our minds lol

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 03:22 AM
I would def watch more Miami games thats for sure. Miami and the NBA would pull so much media

D1JM
06-06-2010, 03:24 AM
I thought Bron was going to the Bulls? This is getting old. I now hate all three

he is going to go play with starbury in china

JabberJaw
06-06-2010, 03:26 AM
They only can make a max of 17 to 18mil on a 5 year contract...I think??? Wade is the only one that can add an extra yr and possibly get paid an extra 30mil. They point is the heat need to convince them to take a pay cut to make this happend. A 15mil a year type of deal or a 16 a year for three years and a fourth optional.

They can make more than that. Kobe's extension will pay him nearly $30 million. So you expect Lebron and Wade to take 17 to 18 million, which is what Shawn Marion made btw (which is not max money), and what would Bosh make? Would you expect him to take like 12-13 million so you can atleast sign someone else? So basically you convince 3 guys about to enter their prime to take Shawn Marion and Adonal Foyle type money? I hope your fantasy comes true. They would be the most intriguing team in the league, but it would take a lot to make that happen. I'm not raggin on you either man, so don't get it twisted. It's just that max players make $22 million plus, and you're looking at 2 for sure max players and one that can get max or close-to-max money somewhere. If they can make it work, then great. They'd have a better chance all making it work in NY, where there is a bigger market and a much better chance of pulling it off.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 03:29 AM

The point of debate is how to move Hinrich to allow the Bulls to get 3 all-star instead of 1 or 2 like has been talked about.

1) Will a team with a free agent all-star take him in a S&T (CLE, TOR, MIA, PHX, ATL, UTA)? Simple answer: No.
2) Will a team under the cap right now take him in a salary dump? Simple answer: No
3) Will a team with a non-guaranteed contract large enough trade for him? Simple answer: No.

The Nets and Heat are the only ones that might get a shot at 3 star guys. Bulls & Knicks... not so much. For them it's 1 or 2.

This doesn't make sense. By default Bulls had a chance at Lebron and possibly a S+T for Bosh. What with Turkoglu wanting out, they may want a sf.
Or Boozer in a sign and trade cause Utah needs a sf.
Utah definitely needs perimeter help and both Deng and Kirk both have characteristics that Sloan loves in his players. People underrated Chicago's potential to put up a package in a sign and trade. And underrate Deng who just had a 17.6/7 season and pretty damn good defense. He'd be great as a 3rd option for many teams.
That would give them 3 stars... Rose, Lebron, and Boozer/Bosh

Like Miami if they were to get Wade/Lebron/Bosh

In the end though, this debate won't go anywhere cause every opposing fans will likely bash and exaggerate each of their team's situations cause well everyone here is biased anyway, including me. So having a discussion about this generally is useless.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 03:33 AM
This doesn't make sense. By default Bulls had a chance at Lebron and possibly a S+T for Bosh. What with Turkoglu wanting out, they may want a sf.
Or Boozer in a sign and trade cause Utah needs a sf.
Utah definitely needs perimeter help and both Deng and Kirk both have characteristics that Sloan loves in his players. People underrated Chicago's potential to put up a package in a sign and trade. And underrate Deng who just had a 17.6/7 season and pretty damn good defense. He'd be great as a 3rd option for many teams.
That would give them 3 stars... Rose, Lebron, and Boozer/Bosh

Like Miami if they were to get Wade/Lebron/Bosh

rose is not a star. He is no better than chalmers or arroyo lol

JabberJaw
06-06-2010, 03:35 AM
The top 5 salaries in the league, from the beginning of the 2009-10 season are all $20 million plus...check it out. The commanality with all these players are that they are all at the end or past their prime. The contracts are only getting bigger too. The 5 are T-Mac, Kobe, J. O'neal, Duncan and Shaq. Bird rights will take care of D. Wade, but Lebron and Bosh will be at full value. I'm sorry, but if Andre Kirilenko is making 16.4 million, you're not getting any of these guys for anything close to that.

NBA's top salaries... http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 03:35 AM
Miami has to be top choice right? Who wouldn't want to live in miami over chicago,cleaveland, and new jersey?

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 03:36 AM
Miami has to be top choice right? Who wouldn't want to live in miami over chicago,cleaveland, and new jersey?

It's good to know this forum has guys like you to bait and stir ****. :)

bbblack40
06-06-2010, 03:41 AM
They can make more than that. Kobe's extension will pay him nearly $30 million. So you expect Lebron and Wade to take 17 to 18 million, which is what Shawn Marion made btw (which is not max money), and what would Bosh make? Would you expect him to take like 12-13 million so you can atleast sign someone else? So basically you convince 3 guys about to enter their prime to take Shawn Marion and Adonal Foyle type money? I hope your fantasy comes true. They would be the most intriguing team in the league, but it would take a lot to make that happen. I'm not raggin on you either man, so don't get it twisted. It's just that max players make $22 million plus, and you're looking at 2 for sure max players and one that can get max or close-to-max money somewhere. If they can make it work, then great. They'd have a better chance all making it work in NY, where there is a bigger market and a much better chance of pulling it off.

most they make their 1st yr is 16.8 million somewhere in that range their salaries will go up each yr and by the end of their contracts they would be makin 23-24 million, the reason kobe will be gettin 30 million at the end of his contract is cause he signed an extension from that 23 million hes making this yr. so his salary be 30 at the end of the contract.

dabears2010
06-06-2010, 03:49 AM

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.......SORRY. Miami can't afford all 3 of them first of all (no one will want Beasley's underacheiving ***). Second of all, Why would a Bulls' fan (LeBron) want to join Wade in Miami, when Wade already has a ring. He wants to get more rings than him, not help him get more than LeBron. More likely suitor for both of them is the Bulls. The Bulls actually have a good team. Miami finished ahead of them, only because Noah missed 18 games, and they traded away players to have money for free agency, like Salmons, Tyrus, etc... A roster with Rose, LeBron, Gibson, Bosh, and Noah is the real dynasty.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 03:58 AM
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.......SORRY. Miami can't afford all 3 of them first of all (no one will want Beasley's underacheiving ***). Second of all, Why would a Bulls' fan (LeBron) want to join Wade in Miami, when Wade already has a ring. He wants to get more rings than him, not help him get more than LeBron. More likely suitor for both of them is the Bulls. The Bulls actually have a good team. Miami finished ahead of them, only because Noah missed 18 games, and they traded away players to have money for free agency, like Salmons, Tyrus, etc... A roster with Rose, LeBron, Gibson, Bosh, and Noah is the real dynasty.

Yes they can.
No need to be a jerk or homer. None of us know what will happen.

shizzle09

WRONG. max is 16.8 million in the first year if Bron and Bosh signed with the Heat.

dabears2010

Beasted..........you really should pay attention to what teams have before you comment. The Bulls have BY FAR, the best corps of young players of any team under the cap right now. They have Rose (ROY and All-star first 2 years), Noah (double-double machine getting better at blocks and shooting), Gibson (way underrated second year player who is an outstanding defender and rebounds very well-his shot will come). Deng (consistant shooter and defender (17.6/7 this past year)). Hinrich (streaky, but when he's on, he's on. Can defend very well). James Johnson (developed slower than Gibson but started showing signs of brilliance late in the year).

I would easily set up a sign and trade for Bosh with Hinrich and/or Deng and most teams would accept that with open arms. LeBron would definately go to the Bulls if their starting 4, not counting him, was Rose, Gibson, Bosh, Noah. Add LeBron as a SG for the Bulls and you have mismatches gallore.

PraiseJesus
06-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Bron + Wade + Bosh.... hmmm

I dunno. Somethin about Bron and Wade doesn't mesh for me. Their games are so similar im not sure it would work out as good as most would think

dabears2010
06-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Beasted..........you really should pay attention to what teams have before you comment. The Bulls have BY FAR, the best corps of young players of any team under the cap right now. They have Rose (ROY and All-star first 2 years), Noah (double-double machine getting better at blocks and shooting), Gibson (way underrated second year player who is an outstanding defender and rebounds very well-his shot will come). Deng (consistant shooter and defender (17.6/7 this past year)). Hinrich (streaky, but when he's on, he's on. Can defend very well). James Johnson (developed slower than Gibson but started showing signs of brilliance late in the year).

I would easily set up a sign and trade for Bosh with Hinrich and/or Deng and most teams would accept that with open arms. LeBron would definately go to the Bulls if their starting 4, not counting him, was Rose, Gibson, Bosh, Noah. Add LeBron as a SG for the Bulls and you have mismatches gallore.

Not to mention the best SG in the NBA

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 04:05 AM
It's good to know this forum has guys like you to bait and stir ****. :)

Sour grapes ? Take it for what you will. I'm just saying if you were one of the biggest supestar athletes in the world like bron, who has everything in the world he could ever want(enter ring)including the world itself waiting in the palm of his hand on his every decison, you'd have to choose Miami simply for its destination alone. If lebron is gonna sign a long term max deal make it somewhere next to paradise. Where his family can enjoy their luxurious lives outside the midwest. Plus dwade and bosh all on one team? Sign on the dotted line lebron.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 04:09 AM

I think alot of teams are interested in Beasley especially for his practically free price tag.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 04:13 AM
^Not to mention if Miami knew bron and bosh were coming they'd ship beasley out instantly to make it happen. Enter Wolves for the steal.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Sour grapes ? Take it for what you will. I'm just saying if you were one of the biggest supestar athletes in the world like bron, who has everything in the world he could ever want(enter ring)including the world itself waiting in the palm of his hand on his every decison, you'd have to choose Miami simply for its destination alone. If lebron is gonna sign a long term max deal make it somewhere next to paradise. Where his family can enjoy their luxurious lives outside the midwest. Plus dwade and bosh all on one team? Sign on the dotted line lebron.

Cause destinations aren't subjective? Maybe he wants to remain in Cleveland where his family is. Or maybe he'd love to go to the big cities like NY or Chicago.
There are pros/cons to every destination and what they have to offer.
Hell, for all we know, with Lebron's ego, maybe he wants to be the clear leader on a championship team and never would be if he were to join Wade.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:16 AM
I think alot of teams are interested in Beasley especially for his practically free price tag.

Depends.
No team with legit cap space will want Beasley.
Also, based on reports, it appears that Miami was desperate on unloading him in the deadline...

beasted86
06-06-2010, 04:21 AM

You really need to read what people type. Who ever mentioned anything about Deng being impossible the move? If I haven't made it entirely clear by mentioning Hinrich about 10 times, I don't know what else I should do.

I'm not certain of a lot of things basketball related... but I am 100% certain the Raptors would not take Hinrich in a sign & trade for Bosh. They have Calderon under a high priced long term contract, and they have Jarret Jack under a decent-sized long term contract. They will not trade for Hinrich under a long term contract, not even if you guys throw in Noah. It makes no sense to have 3 mediocre guards eating up $25M in cap space. They will not do it.

Neither will the Jazz take Hinrich back for Boozer. That trade would put the Jazz RIGHT BACK into the luxury tax. The same thing they have been known to avoid, especially if they don't think they have a chance to make a title run.

Similarly the Hawks will also not take Hinrich back, nor the Cavs, nor the Heat. Hinrich's $9M is impossible to erase from the cap between now & July. The only thing you can do is trade for expirers that end in 2011. That's why the Bulls only have a shot at 2 max allstars. You have cap space, and you have Deng. That's it. No team under the cap is taking Hinrich. None at all.

The original response was to the idea the Bulls could also get 3 max guys. It's impossible.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 04:22 AM

so why not the lakers?

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Cause destinations aren't subjective? Maybe he wants to remain in Cleveland where his family is. Or maybe he'd love to go to the big cities like NY or Chicago.
Hell, for all we know, with Lebron's ego, maybe he wants to be the clear leader on a championship team and never would be if he were to join Wade.

Dwade and Lebron are long time good friends. They would compliment eachother perfectly on the court, same with bosh(team USA ring a bell?)

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 04:26 AM
Depends.
No team with legit cap space will want Beasley.
Also, based on reports, it appears that Miami was desperate on unloading him in the deadline...

We have legit capspace and would love to add beasley to our young core. Which there have been rumors of happening.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 04:28 AM
We have legit capspace and would love to add beasley to our young core. Which there have been rumors of happening.

why would minnesota want beasley if you have love and jefferson

Hotone1401
06-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Well if they are serious about winning than this would be the only way to do it. If all 3 were in MIA, they would dominate the East for sure. I can't see a combo of just any two of them winning it all but having all 3 would definitely have them competing for titles every season well late into their careers.

I for one would love to see it!

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 04:31 AM

^Not to mention, Lebron has already tried "the clear leader" approach. He needs help. Superstar help. Preferably 3.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:34 AM
Dwade and Lebron are long time good friends. They would compliment eachother perfectly on the court, same with bosh(team USA ring a bell?)

I never said they wouldn't. All I said is that Lebron knows his legacy won't be as strong if he isn't the clear leader.

True. A team like Memphis or Minnesota who don't have a shot at a max free agent might. Good point.

^Not to mention, Lebron has already tried "the clear leader" approach. He needs help. Superstar help. Preferably 3.

Clear leader with awful teammates in the playoffs? Sure. Leader with at least one legit star who shows up in pressure situations? No. Lebron doesn't need two superstars, I'm sure he's aware of that fact. And again, it will hurt his legacy if he joins Wade. Wade will always have one more ring than Lebron AND Miami is Wade's team. That's the problem with this happening. Of course Lebron can swallow his ego and pride. But I really doubt it.

beasted86
06-06-2010, 04:34 AM

Because they could get him for cheap.

No all-star free agents are signing to Minnesota. The Wolves have to build through the draft & trades.

There are also a number of other teams that are interested. The Grizzlies tried trading the #2 overall pick last year for him. I similarly think they would take Beasley if all it requires is cap space.

The Wizards also reported to be interested in Beasley, and could get him for cheap.

Some of you fans have to be crazy to think Beasley isn't worth a 1yr $5M contract... or 2yr $10M contract if they pick up his option. Almost every GM would jump on that trade if all it takes is cap space. But the Heat aren't desperate to give him up.

They had numerous chances, and chose not to. Boozer, Amar'e, Memphis #2... there are teams that wanted him, and Riley & the owner Arison said no. The Heat aren't trying to salary dump him. Reports like that Dooling trade are false.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:39 AM
Because they could get him for cheap.

No all-star free agents are signing to Minnesota. The Wolves have to build through the draft & trades.

There are also a number of other teams that are interested. The Grizzlies tried trading the #2 overall pick last year for him. I similarly think they would take Beasley if all it requires is cap space.

The Wizards also reported to be interested in Beasley, and could get him for cheap.

Some of you fans have to be crazy to think Beasley isn't worth a 1yr $5M contract... or 2yr $10M contract if they pick up his option. Almost every GM would jump on that trade if all it takes is cap space. But the Heat aren't desperate to give him up.

They had numerous chances, and chose not to. Boozer, Amar'e, Memphis #2... there are teams that wanted him, and Riley & the owner Arison said no. The Heat aren't trying to salary dump him. Reports like that Dooling trade are false.

That was last summer. Don't remember ever hearing about Phoenix being interested though.
Alot has changed. I don't think Beasley will net as much this time around given how bad he was in the playoffs.
I also heard the Dooling trade involved the third overall pick. Though Nets might have rejected it even if didn't include the #3 pick simply cause they are very close to having enough cap for 2 stars as well. And while Beasley is a nice deal, he'd hurt them for bigger fish.

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 04:42 AM

Outside of a few months in the winter Miami is either a sauna or riddled with hurricanes. I know I lived there. People abandon that place in the summer.

shep33
06-06-2010, 04:43 AM
So the roster would consist of Lebron, Wade, Bosh, me and Tim Hardaway.

How can they put that together even? 3 max contracts is a lot to invest in. I doubt this happens though, if it did I don't think that any of these guys could build a legacy of their own like MJ, and I actually think that Wade and James want to be "The Guy", so I don't really know how this would work.

Offensively it seems like a dream, but all 3 guys need to put up a lot of shots and they all need the ball in their hands, especially Wade and James who create for themselves from the top of the key.

beasted86
06-06-2010, 04:43 AM
That was last summer. Don't remember ever hearing about Phoenix being interested though.
Alot has changed. I don't think Beasley will net as much this time around given how bad he was in the playoffs.
I also heard the Dooling trade involved the third overall pick. Though Nets might have rejected it even if didn't include the #3 pick simply cause they are very close to having enough cap for 2 stars as well. And while Beasley is a nice deal, he'd hurt them for bigger fish.

Phoenix was interested. I read they were willing to take Beasley, but wanted the Heat to take back Jason Richardson's $13M, AND give up draft picks. That was too demanding of an offer...

And I never said anything about teams giving away legit assets. I said almost every GM would jump on a Beasley trade if all it took was cap space. No matter which way you want to look at it or twist it, or hate on him... Beasley is worth a 1yr $5M contract. He's pretty easy to salary dump if Riley wanted to do that... but he's not even trying.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 04:44 AM

At the age of 21 years old, he can still develope into a 3 (he proved with his scoring abilities in college) under the right coaching staff and system. Which I believe we have. We can afford to wait and develope him unlike most teams who need him to step in right away. Not to mention us getting a number 2 pick for practically nothing is also enticing.

jackdawson
06-06-2010, 04:45 AM

If Pat Riley knows this were to happen (3 maxs), he would simply give up Beasley for a future pick or two. A 15 ppg, 6 rpg PF (who is only 21) normally will be wanted by many teams, let alone for a future pick.

knickfan4life
06-06-2010, 04:53 AM
the only two players the heat have on their cap for next season are beasley and cook, if they can work something out with these 3 guys to either take 15 mil each OR lose beasley to the cavs or raptors, that is very possible, but they will not have money for anyone else, but why would they even need it? lol thats instant ringSSSSSS for miami.

Master Mind
06-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Lol @ people thinking they know what these players want/are to/gonna do...

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:00 AM
OK you guys are going nuts with the numbers so lets get them straight.

If Wade exercises his player option that would be 17mil...

If you signed Bron and Bosh without a sign and trade that would cost you roughly 34 mil....

with wade miami's salaries would add up to 24mil + the 34 mil=58mil

that would be about 2 million over the cap for 2010 so they would have to clear the space.

If they traded COok they would have to find a team that wanted him and had a trade exception.

they would have 4 players on the roster and no cap space.

they could sell their first round draft pick because they wouldn't be able to afford it.

they also have 1 second round pick that won't count against the cap.

So they would have 5 players on the roster and would have to fill 7 roster spots with Vet mins.

They would also be in cap hell for the next 5 years.

But what if Bosh or Bron wants a sign and trade. MIami can't do it. They don't have the salaries to match.

If they traded Beasly it would free up an extra 2 mil to the scenario.

So tell me does this look possible? I say not a chance in hell.

Also no agent in their right mind would advise their client to take a discount because Pat Riley charmed them in the prime of their earning potential. That would be one of the dumbest financial moves in history.

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:01 AM
Too bad a franchise can't have an all-star for 12 some years even when the arena is filled :rolleyes:

wasn't David Lee just an all star?

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:08 AM
I'm going to run this by our cap expert so he can figure out all the cap holds also... I'm sure he's gotten wind of it. Out of curiosity.

jackdawson
06-06-2010, 05:08 AM
wasn't David Lee just an all star?

David Lee..I am scared!

beasted86
06-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Wade is going to opt out. If he doesn't opt out, all he can sign is a 3yr extension, which will force him to re-sign under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement in another 3yrs.... which could cost him a lot of money.

He will opt out and get $16.5M and either a 6yr from the Heat or 5yr somewhere else. Same applies to LeBron and Bosh at the same starting figure. If they Heat included Beasley, Jones, Cook, and Toronto's first round pick sent back to them in a sign & trade, the Heat would have 3 players at a combined $49.5M.

Add in Chalmers at $850K, their 18th pick at $1.2M, and we would still have another $2.5M to sign another player.... all with cap holds in mind. The Heat also have three 2nd round picks which none count against the cap. They have 2 prospects in Europe that can possibly come over, and they have a ton of veteran minimum contracts for the hoards of players that will be on Pat Riley's jock begging him to sign them because they know Miami has a title lock team.

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:10 AM
the only two players the heat have on their cap for next season are beasley and cook, if they can work something out with these 3 guys to either take 15 mil each OR lose beasley to the cavs or raptors, that is very possible, but they will not have money for anyone else, but why would they even need it? lol thats instant ringSSSSSS for miami.

winning NBA championships never is that easy. Suppose one of them gets hurt. Bosh has shown to be frail. Wade definitely misses his fair share of games.

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Wade is going to opt out. If he doesn't opt out, all he can sign is a 3yr extension, which will force him to re-sign under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement in another 3yrs.... which could cost him a lot of money.

He will opt out and get $16.5M and either a 6yr from the Heat or 5yr somewhere else. Same applies to LeBron and Bosh at the same starting figure. If they Heat included Beasley, Jones, Cook, and Toronto's first round pick sent back to them in a sign & trade, the Heat would have 3 players at a combined $49.5M.

Add in Chalmers at $850K, their 18th pick at $1.2M, and we would still have another $2.5M to sign another player.... all with cap holds in mind. The Heat also have three 2nd round picks which none count against the cap. They have 2 prospects in Europe that can possibly come over, and they have a ton of veteran minimum contracts for the hoards of players that will be on Pat Riley's jock begging him to sign them because they know Miami has a title lock team.

Good info. we all know our teams scenario's better than outsiders. I didn;t know they had 3 2nd round picks. Who are the players in europe?

Well good luck enjoy the rings. Looks like this is a done deal.

Oh well. Last week it was chicago. Now it's Miami. who will it be next week.

beasted86
06-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Good info. we all know our teams scenario's better than outsiders. I didn;t know they had 3 2nd round picks. Who are the players in europe?

Well good luck enjoy the rings. Looks like this is a done deal.

Oh well. Last week it was chicago. Now it's Miami. who will it be next week.

I honestly don't know what's going to happen. But I hope it's either this or Wade + JJ + Bosh. Either one and I know Miami is a serious contender in the league.

We'll see how everything unfolds July 1st, or what trades are made June 24th on draft night to clear cap.

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Beasted you really don't think priority number 1 for the players in question and their agents are S&T?

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:18 AM
I honestly don't know what's going to happen. But I hope it's either this or Wade + JJ + Bosh. Either one and I know Miami is a serious contender in the league.

Yeah who cares as a knick fan I can wait another 30 years to see them win it all again. I'll be in my 70's. I think it would be awesome if the Heat won a few rings and the Bulls won a few. We can wait. It's cool.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 05:19 AM
I never said they wouldn't. All I said is that Lebron knows his legacy won't be as strong if he isn't the clear leader.

True. A team like Memphis or Minnesota who don't have a shot at a max free agent might. Good point.

Clear leader with awful teammates in the playoffs? Sure. Leader with at least one legit star who shows up in pressure situations? No. Lebron doesn't need two superstars, I'm sure he's aware of that fact. And again, it will hurt his legacy if he joins Wade. Wade will always have one more ring than Lebron AND Miami is Wade's team. That's the problem with this happening. Of course Lebron can swallow his ego and pride. But I really doubt it.

This is a thread about LBJ and Bosh wanting to team up with Dwade in Miami, which i fully support. I can understand how hard it must be to read about Lebron slipping away to another team when you've wanted him so badly. Therefore I can understand your persistence to stick to your guns. But, I think its more clearer than ever that Lebron wants superstars around him and wants to win the title at all costs. That is why he's talking to dwade and bosh (duh). He's been demanding for years to get him stars. The last thing on his mind is his ego legacy. He's already accomplished enough amazing individual numbers and fame and that's still not enough. He wants to WIN IT ALL. Ask Paul pierce if he'd trade his ring for a legacy.

beasted86
Beasted you really don't think priority number 1 for the players in question and their agents are S&T?

Not really IMO... because I don't think LeBron is looking to sign 6yrs anywhere except Cleveland. Anywhere else he goes will probably be a 3yr deal again.

I think there is a good chance Bosh or Amare can get a sign & trade using Beasley & fillers. Joe Johnson on the other hand isn't going to get a 6yr offer from any team, and neither will he get his entire max... so a S&T doesn't apply to him at all.

boriquaabe
I'm all for the betterment of those other than myself. If the majority of America wants us to suck and wants to make fun of us then that's how it should be.

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Not really IMO... because I don't think LeBron is looking to sign 6yrs anywhere except Cleveland. Anywhere else he goes will probably be a 3yr deal again.

I think there is a good chance Bosh or Amare can get a sign & trade using Beasley & fillers. Joe Johnson on the other hand isn't going to get a 6yr offer from any team, and neither will he get his entire max... so a S&T doesn't apply to him at all.

Can you give me an example of the fillers? Keeping in mind the salaries of both Bosh and Amare.

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Didn't Phoenix turn down a trade of Beasly for Amare?

beasted86
06-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Can you give me an example of the fillers? Keeping in mind the salaries of both Bosh and Amare.

Salaries don't need to match when a team is under the cap. All that matters is the team under the cap doesn't go over the cap by more than $100K when all trades are finished.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q69

IrespectNumber3
06-06-2010, 05:25 AM
I'm going to run this by our cap expert so he can figure out all the cap holds also... I'm sure he's gotten wind of it. Out of curiosity.

Im gonna rank the teams that can get Bosh and Lebron with easiest situation...

1) The Knicks have 17 million dollars, they are in the clear.

2) NJ Nets... 22million Are borderline They can sign Bosh and Lebron at the Max straight up No problem
It hits 56 million on the nose, and if they do have to get rid of players because of draft picks they have Harris,Lee, and Williams who I'm sure can be moved easily to a team

3) Miami Heat 24million (Including Wade) If they can get rid of Beasley they drop to 19.5 million...16.8 x 2 + 19 million= 53.1 million... So thats there hold up
Beasley's contract is movable. Theres gonna be a few teams with 7 million dollars eager for Beasley and some 1st round picks

4) Chicago 31 million dollars Heinrich 9 million Deng 11million, though Deng and Heinrich are solid players, there contracts stretch to 2012 at least. I "CANT" see a team making that big of an investment unless they are playoff caliber and have cap...with that said I don't see it happening at ALL...Unless they all deal Noah

And I'm willing to Sig Bet that " Chicago will not move Heinrich or Dengs (without dealing Noah) contract's and then sign Lebron and Bosh"

Because to me this is just insane...There contracts just suck

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Im gonna rank the teams that can get Bosh and Lebron with easiest situation...

1) The Knicks have 17 million dollars, they are in the clear.

2) NJ Nets... 22million Are borderline They can sign Bosh and Lebron at the Max straight up No problem
It hits 56 million on the nose, and if they do have to get rid of players because of draft picks they have Harris,Lee, and Williams who I'm sure can be moved easily to a team

3) Miami Heat 24million (Including Wade) If they can get rid of Beasley they drop to 19.5 million...16.8 x 2 + 19 million= 53.1 million... So thats there hold up
Beasley's contract is movable. Theres gonna be a few teams with 7 million dollars eager for Beasley and some 1st round picks

4) Chicago 31 million dollars Heinrich 9 million Deng 11million, though Deng and Heinrich are solid players, there contracts stretch to 2012 at least. I "CANT" see a team making that big of an investment unless they are playoff caliber and have cap...with that said I don't see it happening at ALL...Unless they all deal Noah

And I'm willing to Sig Bet that " Chicago will not move Heinrich or Dengs (without dealing Noah) contract's and then sign Lebron and Bosh"

Because to me this is just insane...There contracts just suck

thanks. Do you see any of these guys taking a discount in the prime of their careers?

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:34 AM
Also the Beasley trade would have to happen prior to July 1 right?

boriquaabe
06-06-2010, 05:38 AM
so i guess offering Beasley and their first round pick would be the move that has to happen to make it move quickly.

IrespectNumber3
06-06-2010, 05:45 AM
so i guess offering Beasley and their first round pick would be the move that has to happen to make it move quickly.

Not really, and they can move Beasley in 2 ways.

Situation A is this Memphis wanted Beasley BADLY! Last year they were willing to give up there 2nd pick in 2009 for Beasley but Riley declined. Memphis has 7 million dollars in cap space. So they can maneuver that easily. That's if Memphis still wants Bease. Minnesota can also do the same

Situation B Lets say Chris Bosh says, I really want to go to Miami. I'm sure the Raptors would be pissed to lose Bosh for nothing so they would take Beasley and Picks.

So No, he doesn't have to be dealt on draft night. But, It would favor Bosh and Lebron if he did, because they wouldn't have to worry about paycuts etc.

IrespectNumber3
06-06-2010, 05:55 AM
thanks. Do you see any of these guys taking a discount in the prime of their careers?

If Lebron takes a paycut...He did say it wasn't about the money...but I really doubt it, I only see him doing that for Chicago or Miami so another free agent can team up with him.

Russollini
06-06-2010, 07:37 AM

Not true because Wade is resigning with his own team which allows them to over the cap a bit, and the players can actually take up to a 10% pay cut and still make the same amount after taxes in Miami. These guys are business men and know how to work the numbers. NY has the highest tax rate and Chicago is not so far behind. That is why all the people with money like to move to Florida.

rcal10
06-06-2010, 07:50 AM
There is no reason the Bulls cannot deal Deng and/or Hinrich to get either Bosh or James in a S/T and then give the max contract to the other. The fact is if either Bosh or James says they want to go to the Bulls whoever will be involved with a sign and trade will have to deal with the Bulls or lose the player without any compensation. If James goes to Miami he will have to share the spotlight with Wade and never be able to win more championships then Wade. If he come to the Bulls, thought Rose is a star, James will be the talk. He will be the star. He will also win more championships than any player in NBA history. A Bulls team of Rose, Noah, Bosh and James with someone like Ray Allen or another shooter in the starting line up, signed for a mid level exemption would win multiple titles. In comes down to the decision James wants to make. Does he want to go to Miami where they have "their star" who has been in the league for about 7 years and had some injury problems in the past or does he want to come to Chicago where he can play with a rising star on a young team with a great future. Does he want to own the town or share the town? Does he want to play with another star with better years ahead of him or with a star who has seen his best days? Does he want the MOST titles in NBA history or does he always want to be one behind anothe star? IMO the answer is easy. Especially for someone with the ego of James.

avrpatsfan
06-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Chalmers
Wade
James
Beasly
Bosh

That would win a championship.

clutchski
06-06-2010, 09:27 AM
No way in hell this happens. It would hurt Lebron's sponsorship money coming in.

HouRealCoach
06-06-2010, 09:32 AM
This would be a cheat team lol

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-06-2010, 09:49 AM
The NBA is a joke, and this is why... Taking the back seat to the NHL with how both the Finals and the Cup are going. If these three are on the same team, then there will be no basketball soon. Absolute joke. They're all in it for the money. LBJ couldn't give a flying **** about a Championship. This is the reason that the NBA is going up in flames. They really need to distribute the talent. There are 4 great teams, and everyone else is a piece of **** that can't contend with the top 4. The NBA was so great back in the day... :sigh:

Really? when the lakers and celtics dominated the 80s and the Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell teams dominated the NBA every year? :facepalm:

kurivaimu
06-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Is the NBa planning to introduce a rule that allows three basketballs on the court simountaniously?

JordansBulls
06-06-2010, 09:58 AM

Lebron isn't going anywhere where he isn't the man.

kurivaimu
06-06-2010, 10:04 AM

I agree.

Raidaz4Life
06-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Really? when the lakers and celtics dominated the 80s and the Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell teams dominated the NBA every year? :facepalm:

Or when the Bulls destroyed everyone in the 90's?

oak2455
06-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Or when the Bulls destroyed everyone in the 90's?

What about the Pistons:confused:

Geargo Wallace
06-06-2010, 10:36 AM

There isn't a person that is bigger or better than LeBron. Even if he goes to Miami he'll be the man.

Wizard of O's
06-06-2010, 10:39 AM
The move that would collectively kill any interest in any other team in the NBA and thus ruin the NBA.

oak2455
06-06-2010, 10:39 AM
There isn't a person that is bigger or better than LeBron. Even if he goes to Miami he'll be the man.

Wrong.......what planet are you from:confused:

unleashthebeast
06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
If Bosh and Lebron signed for a year just to test it out it would be a good Idea, Mainly because a super power like that could possibly boost back the NBA's economy.

As a Heat fan...On paper it looks good but Championships aren't garunteed. One year the Lakers had O'neal Malone Payton and Kobe and I was like WTF is this???
That team couldn't win a title...they came close....Who knows if Wade Bosh and Lebron on a nightly basis dont ego clash...

Could you imagine one of them taking less points and rbs and missing an Allstar game? Or being the third wheel?

It goes both ways...

the difference with that team is that 2 of those players were way past their prime and one of them was nearing the end of their prime. this miami team would have 3 perennial all stars who are just approaching their prime

oak2455
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM
BTW this Bosh LBJ Wade thing isnt happening..... not one of these guys are taking less money are you guys serious? Why would you become a free agent, to play for less money? So when your looking for a job and you like what you do you take the job with the less pay because you're with your friends:confused: Its not happening:facepalm:

SouljahPhil...
06-06-2010, 10:48 AM
hmmm...difficult for it to happen but still posible...

the probelm would be the bench and depth though..

ldc62
06-06-2010, 11:00 AM
If Pat is selling the idea that Lebron and Bosh should take less money, then Wade better not get a max. Lets be realistic here... Lebron wouldn't wanna be the guy whos not getting paid the most.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 11:00 AM
BTW this Bosh LBJ Wade thing isnt happening..... not one of these guys are taking less money are you guys serious? Why would you become a free agent, to play for less money? So when your looking for a job and you like what you do you take the job with the less pay because you're with your friends:confused: Its not happening:facepalm:

Ummmm, Let me see.... To win a ring!!;) and that taking less money thing to be with your friends is a total different situation for them. They are set for life, they could do things like this and still make money of Jersey,Shoes, ect..

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 11:01 AM
If Pat is selling the idea that Lebron and Bosh should take less money, then Wade better not get a max. Lets be realistic here... Lebron wouldn't wanna be the guy whos not getting paid the most.

I agree, I think all three would have to take the cut.

ldc62
06-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I agree, I think all three would have to take the cut.

We are probably still looking at least 13 mill starting off... not what I call chump change. I hope this happens because it would make basketball interesting (I am not a Heat fan BTW).

unleashthebeast
06-06-2010, 11:05 AM
65 ppl are viewing this thread, and I am guessing at least 60 of them are just haters ore are scared of this happening :)

MJ-BULLS
06-06-2010, 11:07 AM
lebron will not go to the heat.

ldc62
06-06-2010, 11:12 AM
65 ppl are viewing this thread, and I am guessing at least 60 of them are just haters ore are scared of this happening :)

I seriously hope you're joking about wanting Beasley to stay....

That means no Bosh... or Lebron since they will have to do a S&T for one of them.

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 11:13 AM
lebron will not go to the heat.

Says the bulls fan:rolleyes:

KB24PG16
06-06-2010, 11:13 AM
lol this just like last year all heat fans thought they were going to get odom+boozer

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 11:15 AM
lol this just like last year all heat fans thought they were going to get odom+boozer

If it wasn't for that dam Kardashian:mad:

ldc62
06-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Compare to Lebron and Bosh those guys are scrubs....

oak2455
06-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Ummmm, Let me see.... To win a ring!!;) and that taking less money thing to be with your friends is a total different situation for them. They are set for life, they could do things like this and still make money of Jersey,Shoes, ect..
Show me what guy or guys that have done this?? please.....So your telling me if this happens there winning a ring guaranteed? You must not follow sports recently.........switching gears C.C Sabathia was saying how he wanted to play on the west coast or even the NL, where did he sign and was it for less money:confused:

oak2455
06-06-2010, 11:18 AM

Odom is a scrub tell that to the Celtics:eyebrow:

JordansBulls

No he isn't. Wade already won a title as the man and the Heat is Wade's team.

Only way Lebron is the man over Wade is if they both go to a new team.

nigerianking
if lbj won 6 rings with that team, who cares? 3 perennial all-stars and team-usa members

nigerianking
06-06-2010, 11:20 AM

this is true

oak2455
06-06-2010, 11:21 AM

Agreed thats also why I think he wont go to Chicago......only because he will never be bigger than MJ:)

mser58
06-06-2010, 11:21 AM
this would be awesome

kntresistheheat
06-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Show me what guy or guys that have done this?? please.....So your telling me if this happens there winning a ring guaranteed? You must not follow sports recently.........switching gears C.C Sabathia was saying how he wanted to play on the west coast or even the NL, where did he sign and was it for less money:confused:

Baseball cap is different from Basketball.....and not to mention he is guaranteed a ring if (CC) went to the yankees. I think Jordans bulls took less money for pippen to stay in chicago and to keep being contenders.

Montana_Rob
06-06-2010, 11:35 AM
location location location do you guys think the weather has anything to do with it

SouljahPhil...
06-06-2010, 11:40 AM
if this happens riley would be a genius...

I think heat will end up with 1 max guy... and a good player..

these reports are so contradicting...As per another site william wesley said LBJ is leaning towards the bulls..

fishfan79
06-06-2010, 11:40 AM

they would be marketed together, bosh too most likely. All three of them would get more hype then has been seen in the NBA imo.

Personally despite being a heat fan whom has been there since the beggining (got a kevin edwards jersey in my closet even :facepalm: ) I dont want to see it as I dont think it would be good for the NBA

Give me wade, amare/bosh and a good player or two and I am happy. Let Lebron stay in cleveland.

But, I do think this is very possible and rumors have been about this for a long time. It is why riley said he would be willing to coach if certain players demand it. Lebron said he would change his jersey number if needed (miami has 23 retired too btw). Wade has said he would recruit them already multiple times. And if Miami Trades Beas they would have the room for 3 max cap hits.

Do I think it will happen? Nah
Is it possible? Yes
Would say miami has as good of a chance to land Lebron as Chicago and better then NYC/NJ/LAC only cleveland has a better chance

I do expect Riley to pull off something and put together a sick team, he is one of the best in the NBA for a reason and really the heat have stability with one of the Best owners and President/coach going for them.

ne3xchamps
06-06-2010, 11:45 AM
The top 5 salaries in the league, from the beginning of the 2009-10 season are all $20 million plus...check it out. The commanality with all these players are that they are all at the end or past their prime. The contracts are only getting bigger too. The 5 are T-Mac, Kobe, J. O'neal, Duncan and Shaq. Bird rights will take care of D. Wade, but Lebron and Bosh will be at full value. I'm sorry, but if Andre Kirilenko is making 16.4 million, you're not getting any of these guys for anything close to that.

NBA's top salaries... http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

I said this on an earlier thread also... ray allen making almost 20M... he is coming off the books why couldn't boston reel in a max guy? I know we would have to dump some worthless idiots(sheed) and make it happen.

ne3xchamps
06-06-2010, 11:53 AM
and plus who wouldn't want to go to beantown and see all the banners and tradition in that city

oak2455
06-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Baseball cap is different from Basketball.....and not to mention he is guaranteed a ring if (CC) went to the yankees. I think Jordans bulls took less money for pippen to stay in chicago and to keep being contenders.

Times have changed by a long shot this is not happening just giving my view......... Bosh LBJ >>>>>>>>> Pippen:)

oak2455
06-06-2010, 11:55 AM
and plus who wouldn't want to go to beantown and see all the banners and tradition in that city

I would agree but there is soooo much tradition in Miami.........btw I'm a Knicks fan:(

artest_kobe
06-06-2010, 11:59 AM
this is so stupid.

oak2455
06-06-2010, 12:01 PM
this is so stupid.

I agree.......just another thread......just wondering if Kobe opted out, hes the real King:)

ldc62
06-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Odom is a scrub tell that to the Celtics:eyebrow:

COMPARED I said.... yea lets put Odom in the same tier as Lebron. :rolleyes:

oak2455
06-06-2010, 12:13 PM
COMPARED I said.... yea lets put Odom in the same tier as Lebron. :rolleyes:

Or Bosh:rolleyes: because Odom is a scrub compared to Bosh your words...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24PG16

smith&wesson
06-06-2010, 12:14 PM
so you guys think lebron would take less then the max ?? hahahaha thats the funniest thing ive heard on here for a while. bosh wont even resign for less then the max. maybe one of them goes to miami but not both. unless offcourse miami pays all three the max and goes that far in to the luxury tax. you tell me how realistic that is.

oak2455
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
so you guys think lebron would take less then the max ?? hahahaha thats the funniest thing ive heard on here for a while. bosh wont even resign for less then the max. maybe one of them goes to miami but not both. unless offcourse miami pays all three the max and goes that far in to the luxury tax. you tell me how realistic that is.

x 100000000 too many people still believing in Santa Clause on here too:p

The Jokemaker
06-06-2010, 12:23 PM
fact is everything is being "seriously considered" right now so have to take it with a grain of salt.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-06-2010, 12:25 PM
them 3 on a team still wouldnt be better than the celtics if they keep allen next year or the lakers provided that kobes injuries are all healed properly lol let them go together take there reduced cap and have fun on the miami beach early every year:p

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 12:30 PM
so lebron and bosh will take less money to play 2nd and 3rd fiddle? this would be more realistic if it said wade is agreeing to take less money so they can even it out for everyone. And even then it would be unrealistic

koberulesall
06-06-2010, 12:46 PM
yeah this wont happen this guys knees are going to give out in 4 5 years so i think in the long run he will end up with 0 to 1 ring at the most and he doesnt have the jump shot to keep being a threat (ahem vince carter) now all you guys can go ahead read this and have your little heart attacks now

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-06-2010, 12:49 PM
them 3 on a team still wouldnt be better than the celtics if they keep allen next year or the lakers provided that kobes injuries are all healed properly lol let them go together take there reduced cap and have fun on the miami beach early every year:p

To the statement in bold a huge :facepalm:

to the statement underlined, are you kobe's doctor or the lakers team physician? I didnt think so.

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-06-2010, 12:50 PM
yeah this wont happen this guys knees are going to give out in 4 5 years so i think in the long run he will end up with 0 to 1 ring at the most and he doesnt have the jump shot to keep being a threat (ahem vince carter) now all you guys can go ahead read this and have your little heart attacks now

are you talking about LeBron? You never specify...

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 01:05 PM

who?

The Final Boss
06-06-2010, 01:07 PM
For the guy who claims Beasley and Cook are easy to trade...Miami has been trying to trade Beasley for the past two seasons. No teams want those bums.

Lol at the guy who says James, Wade, and Bosh own the European market. Gasol and Kobe own the Euro market.

If they get together and win, I won't acknowledge that manufactured ring.

DQL
06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
For the guy who claims Beasley and Cook are easy to trade...Miami has been trying to trade Beasley for the past two seasons. No teams want those bums.

Lol at the guy who says James, Wade, and Bosh own the European market. Gasol and Kobe own the Euro market.

If they get together and win, I won't acknowledge that manufactured ring.

really? Do you have anything to back it up besides the false Nets trade rumor?

jeter 2
I love of how all the Bulls fans seem scared with this.

HoopsDrive
Damn, that's be awesome if it happened. DYNASTY

PraiseJesus

Ok man. wow. All I can say is that you are flat out wrong homie.

LeBron and Wade very similar games. How is that complimenting each other?

They are both mediocre to maybe slightly above average jump shooters who get most of their points by driving the basket.

That, to me, is a bad combination because it means that they both need the ball in order to be effective. Not to mention that refs will generally give the friendly whistle to only 1 guy per team. Just ask Pau Gasol who used to get whistles all the time on Memphis. Now with Kobe he never gets any calls.

But of course, this is coming from the guy with Ricky Rubio in his signature, lol.

I got news for you there also, Rubio will go down as one of the worst top 5 lottery selections of all time. Stephen Curry was the best PG in that draft he will go down as one of the best PGs of all time.

PraiseJesus
06-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Damn, that's be awesome if it happened. DYNASTY

I disagree.

allvalleychamp
06-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Lebron doesn't need to make the Max because he makes so much in endorsements, if he takes less, Bosh gets the Max and Wade is signed with the Bird rule it could work

Rego247
06-06-2010, 01:20 PM
last time i checked theres only 1 ball.

PraiseJesus
06-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Bosh wouldn't get any calls either. This team would not win a championship

Ansy
06-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Lebron doesn't need to make the Max because he makes so much in endorsements, if he takes less, Bosh gets the Max and Wade is signed with the Bird rule it could work

Wrongo

The NBA foresaw this eventuality and stopped it preemptively. Teams have a hefty cap hold on players with bird rights until the team either forfeits those rights or signs him.

Wade has a max hold on Miami's salary right now.

97NYer
06-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm starting to think Miami could be the best option. If they move Cooke/Beasley, and sign LeBron and Bosh, they would be a dynasty. However, with only about 5 million remaining, that and the MLE/Bia-Annual/Vet Mins would have to fill out the team.

Matrix3132
06-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Well first off, I am so sick of free agent talk and this is my first and hopefully last comment/rant on the subject until it matters...

Just because everyone's cousin has a friend who know's a guy who heard a rumor that free agent ______ is going _____ doesn't mean it should be considered a legit development. No ***** if they took less money they could all play together, better yet, how about wade, johnson, lebron, amare, and bosh all take $5 mil. a year and win championships for the next 6-7 years. In reality, it's just not happening.

I could be wrong, but when has a superstar NBA player in his prime taken a significant cut (and by significant I mean, enough to sign another all-star).

And no, they cannot be like Riley's lakers used to be. The difference is that Magic was one of the greatest, if not greatest point guards of all time. Sure Lebron/Wade want to win rings but they want to do so in keeping up with their numbers, and there's still only one ball on the court.

I don't see why everyone thinks LBJ/Wade would be such a lethal combo because I think a sharp shooter like JJ or Gay or Nowitzki would fit in much better with both players.

I think a lot of PSD members need to get their heads out of the clouds and picturing an all-star team for CHI, MIA, etc. and start thinking about things more rationally.

njnets
06-06-2010, 01:27 PM
for those of you who say that salary wise, they cant, they actually can.

by signing lebron and bosh first, they will take up the remaining salary cap or at least about 90% of it (sorry, not totally familiar on the heat's salary situation besides that they have a lot of cap space).

people argue that having no space means no d-wade. wrong again. because of bird rights, they can sign him when they are over the cap, thus allowing them to be the only team that have 3 perrinial all stars on one squad.

now i do not think this will happen (or at least hope it wont lol) but mathematically, it can happen.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 01:28 PM
I love of how all the Bulls fans seem scared with this.
How do we seem scared?? Every damn thread always comes back to bashing the Bulls fans. Just stick to the damn topic. Bulls fans haven't said anything different than the fans of other teams.

Ansy
06-06-2010, 01:34 PM

by signing lebron and bosh first, they will take up the remaining salary cap or at least about 90% of it (sorry, not totally familiar on the heat's salary situation besides that they have a lot of cap space).

people argue that having no space means no d-wade. wrong again. because of bird rights, they can sign him when they are over the cap, thus allowing them to be the only team that have 3 perrinial all stars on one squad.

now i do not think this will happen (or at least hope it wont lol) but mathematically, it can happen.

No offense, but you clearly have no idea how bird rights work.

With Bird rights you can go over the cap to pay your player if you are already over the cap, but you cannot go over the cap to sign other guys while your player is under bird rights.

The league puts a cap hold on your salary (based on the player's salary for the previous year) until you either resign them or forfeit their bird rights.

PraiseJesus
06-06-2010, 01:36 PM
:facepalm:

any1 who thinks this would be a championship team doesn't know basketball

Iodine
06-06-2010, 01:39 PM
If anyone actually thinks this is going to happen I shall LOL

Raoul Duke
06-06-2010, 01:40 PM
people argue that having no space means no d-wade. wrong again. because of bird rights, they can sign him when they are over the cap, thus allowing them to be the only team that have 3 perrinial all stars on one squad

Wrong.

With Bird rights you can go over the cap to pay your player if you are already over the cap, but you cannot go over the cap to sign other guys while your player is under bird rights.

The league puts a cap hold on your salary (based on the player's salary for the previous year) until you either resign them or forfeit their bird rights.

Right.

I don't remember exactly how much the cap hold is, but I believe it's something like 125% of the player's salary from the previous year. Might even be 150%.

PraiseJesus
06-06-2010, 01:42 PM
If Dwayne Wade went to Orlando that would be a nice combo.

Dwade + Dhoward would be a sick

marlinsfan24
06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
If the Heat trade Beasley for cap space this is very, very possible. But it's a long shot and I doubt it happens.

dbeastly
06-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok man. wow. All I can say is that you are flat out wrong homie.

LeBron and Wade very similar games. How is that complimenting each other?

They are both mediocre to maybe slightly above average jump shooters who get most of their points by driving the basket.

That, to me, is a bad combination because it means that they both need the ball in order to be effective. Not to mention that refs will generally give the friendly whistle to only 1 guy per team. Just ask Pau Gasol who used to get whistles all the time on Memphis. Now with Kobe he never gets any calls.

But of course, this is coming from the guy with Ricky Rubio in his signature, lol.

I got news for you there also, Rubio will go down as one of the worst top 5 lottery selections of all time. Stephen Curry was the best PG in that draft he will go down as one of the best PGs of all time.

You make the worst points I have ever heard in my life. You saying when Wade and Shaq were playing together only 1 of them got calls?...B/c I'm pretty sure they both made the top 10 in the league in free throw attempts those years.:facepalm: Wade and Lebron bad combination:confused:. Wade and Bron both get a lot of calls because they are simply impossible to stop when driving to the rim. Wade and Bron are also extremely streaky shooters and they will make them when they need to....but they really don't need to shoot that much. Explain to me what you do when there is 4 seconds on the clock and you have to defend Wade and Lebron on an inbound pass to end the game.

dbeastly
06-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Or Bosh:rolleyes: because Odom is a scrub compared to Bosh your words...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24PG16

Well actually compared to Bosh and Bron they are scrubs.

knickfan4life
06-06-2010, 02:06 PM
:facepalm:

any1 who thinks this would be a championship team doesn't know basketball

how is it not a championship team? u plug in the holes w/ defensive minded players at the 1 and 5 positions and you have some energy guys coming off the bench and u have a championship team. lebron, wade, bosh and those other 2 players can hold their weight on the defensive end... offensively any one of the three can and will take over on a any given night. u dont know basketball if u dont think 3 superstars in their prime, or even before their primes cannot win a chip together

Dieselpi
06-06-2010, 02:06 PM
this along with the posibility of bosh and lebron going to chicago share one thing, someone would be losing touches, and there are a lot of egos involved. That may not mix well.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-06-2010, 02:16 PM
it will be a shame for a team to be great like that playing in front of a bunch of empty seats...

HOZ THE KNICK
06-06-2010, 02:18 PM
3 max players will take up 53 mil of projected 56.1 mil cap it's very possible.

THE MTL
06-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I think a team of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh can take on anyone in the league. Give them a crap center and crap PG and crap bench and watch them still win a championship lol.

beasted86
06-06-2010, 02:20 PM
this along with the posibility of bosh and lebron going to chicago share one thing, someone would be losing touches, and there are a lot of egos involved. That may not mix well.

That's why I think Wade + JJ + Bosh would work better. More defined 1st, 2nd, 3rd option. Plus it's more realistic from an ego perspective. JJ played a 3rd option before, and said he would welcome doing so again if it was a winning team.

But at the same time, you cannot dismiss this scenario. Would Bosh turn down this guarantee of a deep playoff, and likely Finals team every year knowing that if he turns it down... either way he will be forced to play against Wade + LeBron + Amare every season if he stays in the East?

Players will totally go :cry: in a corner knowing every season they have a very slim chance to get past a monster big 3 in Miami, and especially the ones knowing they had a chance to be a part of that team and chose not to.

Like Grant Hill said in the Jordan era... you're almost just playing for 2nd place.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I think a team of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh can take on anyone in the league. Give them a crap center and crap PG and crap bench and watch them still win a championship lol.

remember boston before rondo & perkins developed.

THE MTL
06-06-2010, 02:22 PM

Well, its a certain thing called "CAP HOLD" and if Miami doesnt renounce its "Bird Rights" then Wade has a cap hold which is somewhere over 100% of his salary.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-06-2010, 02:23 PM
it will be a shame for a team to be great like that playing in front of a bunch of empty seats...

I've always wondered why the hell the Miami Heat stadium always has so much empty seats ...

If Bosh, Lebron, or Wade take a cut then we can possibly see this kind of lineup for the Heat.

Wade
Lebron
Beasley
Bosh
Haslem
6th man cook
rest of the bench: vets min players like Finley

Cracka2HI!
06-06-2010, 02:24 PM
This is possible and they can each get a lot more money then it may seem. Miami is only the hook for $9.3 million in salary if they trade Beasley and their pick. Lebron, Wade and Bosh could all make 1st year salaries of $15.5 million. That would make the contract value over $100 million.

Not sure how good the team would be though. Seems like you could really just clog the lane against them and make Lebron and Wade shoot jumpers if you are an elite defensive team like Boston or the Lakers. Not to mention the fact you would have 9 guys on the roster on minimum contracts. In 2 or 3 years I can see them being a dynasty but not right away.

Dieselpi
3 max players will take up 53 mil of projected 56.1 mil cap it's very possible.

not likely when you factor in cap holds for the rest of the roster

HOZ THE KNICK
Well, its a certain thing called "CAP HOLD" and if Miami doesnt renounce its "Bird Rights" then Wade has a cap hold which is somewhere over 100% of his salary.

bingo.....i forgot his cap hold will have to be renounce order to free up more space getting them 3 is impossible especially if they have a 1st rd pick that will have to count against their cap.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 02:26 PM
This is possible and they can each get a lot more money then it may seem. Miami is only the hook for $9.3 million in salary if they trade Beasley and their pick. Lebron, Wade and Bosh could all make 1st year salaries of $15.5 million. That would make the contract value over $100 million.

Not sure how good the team would be though. Seems like you could really just clog the lane against them and make Lebron and Wade shoot jumpers if you are an elite defensive team like Boston or the Lakers. Not to mention the fact you would have 9 guys on the roster on minimum contracts. In 2 or 3 years I can see them being a dynasty but not right away.
Can a team with 9 minimum contract players really win a title?

HOZ THE KNICK
06-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Can a team with 9 minimum contract players really win a title?

yes, because when you think about it alot of aging vets and former all stars will play for the min to try and chase a ring.

beasted86
06-06-2010, 02:30 PM

The craziest thing is their PG and Center would probably be Chalmers and Joel Anthony... weak, but not the worst PG & C in the NBA, because they can defend.

And there would be a bunch of old vets on Pat Riley's jock begging him to sign them for the vet minimum because Miami is almost a Finals lock every year.

Bench could very well be something like:
PG: Carlos Arroyo
SG: Raja Bell
SF: Grant Hill
PF: Joe Smith
C:: Brad Miller

+ whatever draft picks the Heat draft.

.... But anyway, this is just dream speculation. We'll see what happens July 1st.