PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Pritchard possibly out as Blazers GM

Red222
06-05-2010, 10:54 PM
The Portland Trail Blazers have empowered a private headhunting firm to research and reach out to potential general manager candidates, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The use of the firm is further evidence embattled GM Kevin Pritchard has fallen out of favor with ownership and likely will be replaced before next season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjYfEDA15G7Mz6Lew2zSTKi8vLYF?slug=ys-blazerssearch060510:speechless:

JordanPippen
06-05-2010, 11:05 PM
He'll find a job somewhere soon. Possibly in Cleveland??

97NYer
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
He'll find a job somewhere soon. Possibly in Cleveland??

They replaced Ferry with that Grant guy. I could see him as Knick successor after Donnie gets it done this summer.

superkegger
06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
This isn't that surpsring considering the reports earilier in the season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-trailblazers032210

While Pritchard has done a great job, he's as egotistical as GM's come.

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 11:16 PM
if he leaves NJ would swoop him up they got the money and need a GM to help rebuild

RocketsRule
06-05-2010, 11:18 PM
This isn't that surpsring considering the reports earilier in the season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-trailblazers032210

While Pritchard has done a great job, he's as egotistical as GM's come.

Wow, didn't really know he was so egoistic.

Anyways, if he does get fired I would be surprised if he didn't get hired elsewhere. He's a great GM, even with his ego.

superkegger
06-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Wow, didn't really know he was so egoistic.

Anyways, if he does get fired I would be surprised if he didn't get hired elsewhere. He's a great GM, even with his ego.

No doubt he'll re-surface somwhere, if not sooner than later. His track record as gm is pretty good. To me he's kinda like the NBA's John Calipari. Insanely talented and great at what he does, but he's always going to let you know it's his greatness that got the job done, and no one else's.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm definitely surprised. Even with reports, I didn't see this happening.
Also, this offseason is shaping out to be one for the ages. So many amazing and drastic changes already happening.

blackjack_119
06-06-2010, 12:32 AM
I hate Vulcan (The company that manages Paul Allen's assets including the Trailblazers and Seahawks.) They know absolutely nothing about sports. Pritchard has done a fantastic job as GM. What GM would want to come to Portland if his predecessor completely turned around the organization in four years and gets humiliated as ownership toys with firing him over the course of four months.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 12:34 AM
I hate Vulcan (The company that manages Paul Allen's assets including the Trailblazers and Seahawks.) They know absolutely nothing about sports. Pritchard has done a fantastic job as GM. What GM would want to come to Portland if his predecessor completely turned around the organization in four years and gets humiliated as ownership toys with firing him over the course of four months.

A gm that loves the idea of a team with plenty of prospects. :shrug:
Someone will DEFINITELY come along. And they'll do a better job of sucking up.
Personally, I felt that Pritchard was a bit overrated. However, he was still an above average gm and this is a big loss.

jiggin
06-06-2010, 01:08 AM
just to clarify, the title is completely wrong. he isn't out yet...its just yahoo sports saying they have sources saying the blazers are looking for other candidates.

he is still with the blazers and in fact is in italy right now scouting for them.

that doesn't mean he won't get an extension to his currently expiring contract...but as of right now, he is still with the blazers.

jiggin
06-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Jason Quick tweets:

KP on Saturday watches a movie, hears about Yahoo! report and declines comment. Sez he will continue to do his job and prepare for draft

Larry Miller remains silent on Pritchard as well.

Paul Allen declines comment on Kevin Pritchard. Spokesman says Allen "won’t talk about personnel until decisions are made.’’

http://twitter.com/jwquick

Draco
06-06-2010, 02:48 AM

Like this? From a March article.

"Kevin is our GM," said Miller. "He continues to be our GM. From my perspective, Kevin's done a good job of building the team that has gotten us to where we are. To me, this was an incident that was specific to Tom Penn. We should, from my perspective; again, we should be focused on winning games and trying to go deep in the playoffs. And as unfortunate as this is, we should now move to put it behind us and move forward."
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15662

If Pritchard is getting toyed with being fired, he did kind of dig his own hole.. if you believe the yahoo article.

A.Mopp
06-06-2010, 04:16 AM
This is so dumb. We are going to take about 5 steps backwards now

GrkGawdofWalkz
06-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Really what did this guy do wrong. He manuevered the draft well and got Roy, Aldridge, Batum and others. He missed on Oden but can injuries be to blame. I was shocked when I saw this posted. He is one of the shrudest GM's in the game. Very intellegent and Portland was built for success long term. Injuries, injuries, injuries.

Red222
06-07-2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2010/06/canzano_in_trashing_gm_kevin_p.html

heathonater
06-07-2010, 04:15 AM
if this paul allen and vulcan pulling a power trip, portland is going to find it very difficult to hire a competent gm. there is no reason at all to fire pritchard. he's done a good job in rebuilding this team and the last thing portland needs in instability in the front office. even if pritchard is the biggest ego maniac on the face of the earth, ownership should tolerate it because he's done a good job.