PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers are testing the trade value for Mo Williams and Delonte West.

SNYmets86
06-05-2010, 10:41 PM
New GM Chris Grant seems to be leading the charge to overhaul Cleveland's backcourt, though he might have difficulty trading Mo and the $26.3 million he's owed over the next three seasons. Delonte West will likely be suspended once he goes to court for weapons-possession charges, but at least his deal is only partially guaranteed for 2010-11 (for $500k).

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NBA.aspx

RocketsRule
06-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Interesting, trying to improve the team for Lebron?

black1605
06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
i wouldn't mind landing Mo

97NYer
06-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Mo to Knicks for Curry.

RaptorsFanatic
06-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Could someone please explain to me why Eddy Curry's name is being thrown around like he some sort of magnet to trade? Seriously, ya'll Knicks fans have been pissing me off lately. Seriously, Curry maybe expiring, but don't throw him in every deal thinking that there is no way anyone would decline.

Why don't we just make the same statement for every All-Star in the league.
Fill In The Blank, and it's a done deal:
"_______________ for Curry."

Eagles4Lyfe
06-05-2010, 10:58 PM
oh god eddy curry offers again :facepalm: this is worse than how annoying the bulls fans got for a while offering deng now its eddy curry whos next

SNYmets86
06-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Mo to Knicks for Curry.

that would be awful .... but love the sig

shep33
06-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Eddy Curry for Moe? i'm in

jeter 2
06-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Did Mo Williams sleep with his mom too? Is that why they are getting rid of him too? I heard there were 2 people who had a special moment with his mom.

kingkenny01
06-05-2010, 11:06 PM
possible for devin harris or tony parker
idk if these work

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Rudy Fernandez & Joel Pryzbilla & 2nd round draft pick for Mo williams and possibly patty mills?

Slimsim
06-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Eddy curry for Kobe Bryant ?

superkegger
06-05-2010, 11:11 PM
This is what he should be doing. How can they stand still? They haven't been to the Finals in 3 years when supposedly they've been the best (regualr season) team in the league the past 2 years. They have to show LeBron once again, they're willing to bend to any and all of his wishes, and do absolutley whatever it takes to build a team around him. No offense to delonta and mo, but they simply don't cut it as a championship cailiber backcourt.

iggypop123
06-05-2010, 11:13 PM
delonte is a great trading chip. any poor team will want him but then again the cavs want to cut him too.

D1JM
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Deng for curry lol

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Could someone please explain to me why Eddy Curry's name is being thrown around like he some sort of magnet to trade? Seriously, ya'll Knicks fans have been pissing me off lately. Seriously, Curry maybe expiring, but don't throw him in every deal thinking that there is no way anyone would decline.

Why don't we just make the same statement for every All-Star in the league.
Fill In The Blank, and it's a done deal:
"_______________ for Curry."

Because an 11m expiring contract offers cap relief and in case you haven't noticed the economy sucks right now. And teams like New orleans are suffering right now financially.

RNess78c
Eddy curry for Kobe Bryant ?

Lakers should be all over it hahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cubsfan365
that would be awful .... but love the sig
You guys are the reason why that other thread started about who people would prefer: Rose/Noah or Douglas/Gallinari. It's not even close.

abe_froman
Interesting, trying to improve the team for Lebron?

move west sure,but by moving mo? that kind of sends the opposite message

hugepatsfan
06-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Mo is a way overpaid player. If I was CLE, I would deal him to NY for Curry just to get out from that contract. Lebron is probably gone (I doubt they can add a star to play with him). If that happens, they need to rebuild and an expiring is the best way to do that.

JordansBulls
06-05-2010, 11:18 PM
New GM Chris Grant seems to be leading the charge to overhaul Cleveland's backcourt, though he might have difficulty trading Mo and the $26.3 million he's owed over the next three seasons. Delonte West will likely be suspended once he goes to court for weapons-possession charges, but at least his deal is only partially guaranteed for 2010-11 (for $500k).

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NBA.aspx

If they lose Mo, the Cavs are done.

SNYmets86
06-05-2010, 11:20 PM
deng for curry lol

lol

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Because an 11m expiring contract offers cap relief and in case you haven't noticed the economy sucks right now. And teams like New orleans are suffering right now financially.

The reason for that is because there still trying to rebuild the city after Katrina they suffered a huge Crisis when Katrina Hit

give them 2 more years and the teams fine!

Knicks Fans...Nobody want Curry even for a expiring chip they still gotta pay him 11 million....only team i see doing a trade would be

Elton Brand for Curry

hugepatsfan
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM

Mo is part of the problem in CLE. He isn't a great fit with Lebron. They just made a move because they felt pressure to (same thing with Jamison). Now, because they used up their cap space this year, they will watch Lebron leave.

hugepatsfan
06-05-2010, 11:23 PM
The reason for that is because there still trying to rebuild the city after Katrina they suffered a huge Crisis when Katrina Hit

Knicks Fans...Nobody want Curry even for a expiring chip they still gotta pay him 11 million....only team i see doing a trade would be

Elton Brand for Curry

You're dead wrong. I'm not a Knicks fan, but Curry is clearly a hugely valuable piece this offseason in trades (as is any 11 mil expiring).

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 11:23 PM
You guys are the reason why that other thread started about who people would prefer: Rose/Noah or Douglas/Gallinari. It's not even close.

thats just crazy and a easy choice Douglas/Gallinari hahaaaaaaaa

SNYmets86
06-05-2010, 11:24 PM

:cricket:

superkegger
06-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Mo is a way overpaid player. If I was CLE, I would deal him to NY for Curry just to get out from that contract. Lebron is probably gone (I doubt they can add a star to play with him). If that happens, they need to rebuild and an expiring is the best way to do that.

Absolutley no way this happens. Not before Lebron goes somewhere else anyway. Making that deal before any of the big FA's sign would basically be giving up. THey're not going to just give up. Even then though, I doubt anyone really wants Mo. He's not that good. He's average as far as point guard abilities go, and while he is an effective scorer, guys with his skill set aren't incredibly hard to come by. And there are plenty of guys who can do enough of what he does at a far cheaper price. Mo is going to be incredibly hard to move.

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 11:25 PM
You're dead wrong. I'm not a Knicks fan, but Curry is clearly a hugely valuable piece this offseason in trades (as is any 11 mil expiring).

alright name a team besides the 76ers that are trying to get a expiring contract Bum for there Talent?

everybody wants somethen in return for there players curry would just be on the bench

the name of the thread is cavs testing trade value!

RadiantShot
06-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Eddy Curry for Moe? i'm in

You can't spell a two letter name right?
:facepalm:
M-O. Mo.

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 11:28 PM

Elton Brand for Curry

No knee Mcgrady was traded and his contract was twice the size of Curry's.

abe_froman
06-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Mo is part of the problem in CLE. He isn't a great fit with Lebron. They just made a move because they felt pressure to (same thing with Jamison). Now, because they used up their cap space this year, they will watch Lebron leave.

he's a double edge blade.he is what you said,but he's also been one of the better players on the team as well,and at least perception-wise,lebron's sidekick there.

they most likely wont get that good of a player back for him,and do risk a showing that they're rebuilding or at least regressing if he is trade..thus having the opposite effect on lebron than they'd hope for

hugepatsfan
06-05-2010, 11:29 PM
alright name a team besides the 76ers that are trying to get a expiring contract Bum for there Talent?

The Knicks could take on a long term contract of another team's player who doesn't fit but would be better in NY. Hornets would probably give up Okafor for Curry because of financial problems. Spurs would give up RJ for Curry (I think RJ has 2 years left - if he has one, a trade would be pointless because it offers no benefit).

oak2455
06-05-2010, 11:30 PM

Elton Brand for Curry

Your righhhhhht:rolleyes:

Cubsfan365
06-05-2010, 11:30 PM
:cricket:
Go look at the thread. Maybe you can check out the poll why you're there.

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 11:31 PM

It seems he doesn't know the value of an expiring.

WITZ
06-05-2010, 11:32 PM

Huh Mo was invisible for a 2nd straight post-season... I don't think its to bad they get rid of him & he was also a defensive liability as Rose/Rondo Shat on him.Antwan pretty much takes over as the 2nd leading scorer on that team as well so its not as big a hit to trade him as it would have been last year.

SNYmets86
06-05-2010, 11:33 PM

hop off

jeter 2
06-05-2010, 11:33 PM
I could see a trade for Mo Williams, Delonte West and JJ Hickson for Andre Iguodala

Cubsfan365
06-05-2010, 11:34 PM
hop off
Good one.

RadiantShot
I could see a trade for Mo Williams, Delonte West and JJ Hickson for Andre Iguodala

Cavs are giving up way too much for Iggy in that scenario...Mo, Delonte, and Hickson aren't bench-warmers..

abe_froman

how the **** does that make sense for the sixers

hugepatsfan
06-05-2010, 11:35 PM

Exactly. No one's saying their going to get a superstar for him, but they could add a key starter.

What if Amare leaves PHX. We all know they've been a salary shedding team for a while. Maybe they decide to go in total rebuild mode - Eddy Curry might be packaged with a young piece for J-Rich. Knicks will be able to get a good player from Curry's expiring - mark my words.

Lakersho
06-05-2010, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=superkegger;13561216]This is what he should be doing. How can they stand still? They haven't been to the Finals in 3 years when supposedly they've been the best (regualr season) team in the league the past 2 years. They have to show LeBron once again, they're willing to bend to any and all of his wishes, and do absolutley whatever it takes to build a team around him. No offense to delonta and mo, but they simply don't cut it as a championship cailiber backcourt.[/QUOTE trying to rebuild i dont think looks very attrac.to a guy who wants to win now...

SNYmets86
06-05-2010, 11:37 PM

what darn thread u talkin to me about

kntresistheheat
06-05-2010, 11:37 PM
They better keep Mo, Cause regardless of what they do....Lebron is still leaving.

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Huh Mo was invisible for a 2nd straight post-season... I don't think its to bad they get rid of him & he was also a defensive liability as Rose/Rondo Shat on him.Antwan pretty much takes over as the 2nd leading scorer on that team as well so its not as big a hit to trade him as it would have been last year.

I agree I don't see this as a bad thing even if Lebron leaves. I have an inkling the Cavs are going to do everything possible to Acquire a Bosh or a Joe Johnson. Actually I could see Atlanta being somewhat interested if they think JJ is leaving and since Mike Bibby has morphed into an old lady you never know they might bite on a MO/Varejo for JJ package.

jeter 2
how the **** does that make sense for the sixers

Well they could draft Evan Turner. However it is rumored that they may be trading down to get a big man. Hickson would take care of that.

THE MTL
Trade him to the Knicks cause Lebron is already coming. I guess he'll just be coming with a friend.

Btw, Mo Williams fits in GREAT with Lebron and is the typical point guard Lebron needs. PG's like Williams, Curry, Bibby, etc.

jeter 2
06-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Trade him to the Knicks cause Lebron is already coming. I guess he'll just be coming with a friend.

Btw, Mo Williams fits in GREAT with Lebron and is the typical point guard Lebron needs. PG's like Williams, Curry, Bibby, etc.

I like Toney Douglas. If we make the playoffs, he'll disappear and play bad defense. At least Douglas can play some defense. If I'm trading Curry for a point guard, I'd rather pair him up with Chandler and Douglas for Tony Parker.

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 11:41 PM
what darn thread u talkin to me about

It was moved don't bother. If you need to compare a number 1 overall pick with a years more experience to a guy taken in the bottom of the first round and played sparingly to make you feel like a man... go for it.

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 11:41 PM

yeah i guess only knicks fans and some other guy Do

jeter 2
06-05-2010, 11:44 PM
yeah i guess only knicks fans and some other guy Do

I mean Eddy Curry for an all star player probably will not happen, unless like Antwan Jamison, that player is in a bad contract and that player is toward the latter years of his career. However, I believe if we are able to trade him along with Chandler, we can get a very good player like a Monta Ellis(only an example).

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 11:45 PM

I disagree whole heartedly.

Pairing Lebron with a PG that can't create shots for his teammates puts way to much pressure for Lebron to do it all himself.

Lakersho
06-05-2010, 11:46 PM
he's a double edge blade.he is what you said,but he's also been one of the better players on the team as well,and at least perception-wise,lebron's sidekick there.

they most likely wont get that good of a player back for him,and do risk a showing that they're rebuilding or at least regressing if he is trade..thus having the opposite effect on lebron than they'd hope for

exactly my thoughts, a rebuild is 'nt gonna make him stay,it takes 2 to 3 years to harvest your new built team...

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 11:48 PM
No knee Mcgrady was traded and his contract was twice the size of Curry's.

hahaa and where was he traded?

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 11:49 PM
I mean Eddy Curry for an all star player probably will not happen, unless like Antwan Jamison, that player is in a bad contract and that player is toward the latter years of his career. However, I believe if we are able to trade him along with Chandler, we can get a very good player like a Monta Ellis(only an example).

i think warriors want more for Ellis

jeter 2
06-05-2010, 11:50 PM

Well if you remember the Jamison trade, Igalskus was traded to the Wizards and then cut and there was also the infamous Pau Gasol trade.

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 11:50 PM

And why do the Knicks have 35 million in cap?

SNYmets86
06-06-2010, 12:02 AM

x2

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Just a question...What do you guys do with all that cap room if you get no high profile free agents?

abe_froman
06-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Well they could draft Evan Turner. However it is rumored that they may be trading down to get a big man. Hickson would take care of that.

well they are overloaded with bigmen as it is so taking either hickson or a draftee..or both,makes no sense,especially with they already have a similar type of player yet better

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Just a question...What do you guys do with all that cap room if you get no high profile free agents?

The same things the Bulls will do with their's if they don't get a high profile FA.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 12:06 AM
The same things the Bulls will do with their's if they don't get a high profile FA.
The Bulls are MUCH better off if we don't though. At least we still have a roster.

abe_froman
06-06-2010, 12:06 AM

elllis's price is somewhere in the oj mayo range,way way above curry's value,wilson or not.

curry could get good value near deadline,but not before..unless you'd be ok taking semi good on a bad contract

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:08 AM
The Bulls are MUCH better off if we don't though. At least we still have a roster.

I didn't say otherwise. But if they don't get any FAs, they will do the same thing with their cap space as the Knicks will do in the same situation (either save it or get a bunch of complimentary players). So I guess I just don't understand waht your point was in the first place.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I didn't say otherwise. But if they don't get any FAs, they will do the same thing with their cap space as the Knicks will do in the same situation (either save it or get a bunch of complimentary players). So I guess I just don't understand waht your point was in the first place.
My point is they will have nothing on their team whatsoever. If they thought 29 wins was bad, you're looking at 20 next year.

PrettyBoyJ
06-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Bout time they got rid of Mo.. I never thought of him as a number 2 guy.. and He def. not a pg

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:12 AM
My point is they will have nothing on their team whatsoever.

No - you asked what they would do with the cap space they have left over. Basically, you were trying to rub Knicks fans' faces in the fact that the player they coveted APPEARS to be headed to your team.

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:14 AM
My If they thought 29 wins was bad, you're looking at 20 next year.

This part was added after I quoted you last time.

How so? How will they get worse by adding no one? Wouldn't they stay the same or maybe even get a few games better from experience? They don't have any great players leaving - stop hating on the Knicks.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 12:17 AM
No - you asked what they would do with the cap space they have left over. Basically, you were trying to rub Knicks fans' faces in the fact that the player they coveted APPEARS to be headed to your team.
Who are you to put words in my mouth?? I was not rubbing LBJ coming to the Bulls in their faces whatsoever. It was an honest question. How about you stop making stupid assumptions and don't try to tell me what I was conveying when I would know much better than you.

topdog
06-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I like what the Cavs are doing. Whether or not Lebron signs back with them, they need to drastically change that roster - they have too many bystanders. The only guys I wouldn't move if I were the Cavs are Hickson and Powe.

SNYmets86
06-06-2010, 12:18 AM
My point is they will have nothing on their team whatsoever. If they thought 29 wins was bad, you're looking at 20 next year.

::facepalm:that's a little harsh there mr.cubsfan365 ... half of the guys on the knicks where playing for a contract ...and only 4 are signed .... so there's still room to fill up the roster

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 12:20 AM
::facepalm:that's a little harsh there mr.cubsfan365 ... half of the guys on the knicks where playing for a contract ...and only 4 are signed .... so there's still room to fill up the roster
I don't expect the Knicks to be worse next year. I fully expect them to sign at least one high profile guy, I'm just saying hypothetically if they didn't land a big name, where do they go from there?

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 12:22 AM

That's not what he said at all.

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Who are you to put words in my mouth?? I was not rubbing LBJ coming to the Bulls in their faces whatsoever. It was an honest question. How about you stop making stupid assumptions and don't try to tell me what I was conveying when I would know much better than you.

If that's the case, it was an honest question that has no value to the thread whatsoever. Knicks fans mentioned that Curry's expiring has value to a team looking to build cap space (as they have done). That pertains to Mo Williams being shopped because there might be a potential fit there. What does the other cap space of the Knicks have to do with anything. You're asking a question that isn't fair to the Knicks - what will the Heat/Bulls/Nets/any other team with cap room do if they don't sign any FAs? All the teams will be faced with the same decision. Keep it for next year or spend it on lower level players.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Thank you.

SNYmets86
06-06-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't expect the Knicks to be worse next year. I fully expect them to sign at least one high profile guy, I'm just saying hypothetically if they didn't land a big name, where do they go from there?

i guess if they dont land a big name come july ... there's always trades, draft picks they can buy , and other free agents come 2011

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:25 AM

In every thread in this forum, it eventually turns into other fans mocking Knicks fans that they're team may not be able to get any max FAs despite their cap space. The specific case of the Knicks cap space has no value to this thread whatsoever. The debate going on is the value of expiring contracts (Curry). The value is that it helps add cap space sooner (as the Knicks and other teams have done). What the Knicks do or don't do with their cap space has no place in this discussion.

SNYmets86
06-06-2010, 12:32 AM
In every thread in this forum, it eventually turns into other fans mocking Knicks fans that they're team may not be able to get any max FAs despite their cap space. The specific case of the Knicks cap space has no value to this thread whatsoever. The debate going on is the value of expiring contracts (Curry). The value is that it helps add cap space sooner (as the Knicks and other teams have done). What the Knicks do or don't do with their cap space has no place in this discussion.

thank u .... these bulls fans tend to argue over little stupid things .... this gets so anoying...they tend to be always right lol

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:34 AM
thank u .... these bulls fans tend to argue over little stupid things .... this gets so anoying...they tend to be always right lol

Don't single out Bulls fans - the Knicks are not a really popular team here, so EVERY team's fans like to bash them. I'm a Yankees fan (Bernie Williams was my favorite player), so I kind of like the Knicks as a second team just because of the city. That's the reason I get so pissed when I see people take what I percieve to be unecessary shots at them.

Cubsfan365
06-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Bulls fans are probably attacked the most of any fans on this site to be perfectly honest.

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 12:37 AM

Im not sure why your telling me this, but i do agree.

As for Curry, i don't see him having much value this off season. I could definitely see him being traded by the trade deadline next season (As we’ve seen happen in the past few seasons). He COULD be traded, but i think they'll get much better value from his expiring if they wait until next season. This allows for a team desperate for cap space to give up more than would have been necessary in order to shed a player’s contract (Tmac trade).

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Don't single out Bulls fans - the Knicks are not a really popular team here, so EVERY team's fans like to bash them. I'm a Yankees fan (Bernie Williams was my favorite player), so I kind of like the Knicks as a second team just because of the city. That's the reason I get so pissed when I see people take what I percieve to be unecessary shots at them.

a pats fan who is a yankee fan. now ive seen it all. isnt it against the rules if your a boston fan in any sort that you must hate new york and vice versa? i thought it was

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Im not sure why your telling me this, but i do agree.

As for Curry, i don't see him having much value this off season. I could definitely see him being traded by the trade deadline next season (As we’ve seen happen in the past few seasons). He COULD be traded, but i think they'll get much better value from his expiring if they wait until next season. This allows for a team desperate for cap space to give up more than would have been necessary in order to shed a player’s contract (Tmac trade).

Isn't he an expiring this year?

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2010, 12:39 AM

after next season he expires so he doesnt have any value until february rolls around

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:39 AM
a pats fan w hos is a yankee fan. now ive seen it all. isnt it against the rules if your a boston fan in any sort that you must hate new york and vice versa? i thought it was

I love the city of NY - I want to move there. I was a huge Bernie Williams fan as a kid, so I always rooted for the Yanks. I like all other Boston teams though. I guess I am a bit of an oddball. lol

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:40 AM
after next season he expires so he doesnt have any value until february rolls around

Oh. If that's the case, a fat slob like him has NEGATIVE value this offseason. Who the hell would want that bum on there team for 2 seasons? ugh!!!

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Oh. If that's the case, a fat slob like him has NEGATIVE value this offseason. Who the hell would want that bum on there team for 2 seasons? ugh!!!

yea really. he's a bum and to think scoop jackson wrote an article after the bulls traded him saying they would regret it later on.

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:46 AM
yea really. he's a bum and to think scoop jackson wrote an article after the bulls traded him saying they would regret it later on.

When he becomes an expiring though, he all of a sudden transforms into an assett. Maybe that;s what scoop meant. lol

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2010, 12:48 AM
When he becomes an expiring though, he all of a sudden transforms into an assett. Maybe that;s what scoop meant. lol

yea really lol..... well he doesnt help the knicks now, he hurts them more then anything

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 12:52 AM

Glad you understood.

The Final Boss
06-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Who's Mo Williams and west?

RNess78c
06-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Well if you remember the Jamison trade, Igalskus was traded to the Wizards and then cut and there was also the infamous Pau Gasol trade.

whats that gotta do with the price of bread

grizz got Marc gasol & kwame brown... deal that made the trade Marc Gasol!

Wizards were trying to unload there big 3... and the big z didnt wanna be a wizard and it cost more to keep him then to let him go otherwise he woulda stayed

Yankees Suck
06-06-2010, 01:02 AM
There is nothing spectacular the Cavs will get back for West or Williams. They both suck.

LA_Raiders
06-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Mo is a good PG I dont think is a good idea to trade him...

NYK_kidd77
06-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Curry wont be moved until the trade deadline lol so no he wont be traded for MO.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 02:16 AM

HUH?
the guy has 1 year 11 million left.

I guess I was not aware there are shorter contracts.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Glad you understood.

Glad you didn't. He IS an expiring. He has one year left. Had his contract been ANY shorter he would be off the roster.

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Glad you didn't. He IS an expiring. He has one year left. Had his contract been ANY shorter he would be off the roster.

What? I've been bamboozled!!! lol

kblo247
06-06-2010, 02:41 AM
West is a guy who I could see teams taking a chance on especially LA if they thought he was right mentally and his court matters were sought out.

As for Mo, well there is always some sucker out there looking to add a semi-known name when they have cap space to burn.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 02:43 AM
whats that gotta do with the price of bread

grizz got Marc gasol & kwame brown... deal that made the trade Marc Gasol!

Wizards were trying to unload there big 3... and the big z didnt wanna be a wizard and it cost more to keep him then to let him go otherwise he woulda stayed

Marc Gasol was a nobody at that point. That was just a steal. The main focus of the trade was the 9 million expiring. And the got a STAR for some unknown rookie drafted in the 40s and a 9 million expiring.

Expiring contract trade examples last season: Ilgauskas and McGrady

example of what the Knicks can easily get for Curry...
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/11/14/report-hornets-offering-emeka-okafor-for-expiring-contract/

Hornets offered Kings Okafor for expiring contract of Kenny Thomas last season... that's right Kenny thomas, not sure how he's any more valuable than curry.

Another Center Hornets tried to trade for expirings....but he failed the physical...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-chandlerthunder021709

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Both are pretty beast

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 03:17 AM

He has a YEAR left on his contract. Point out where i said otherwise. His fat *** may be moved at the mid-point next season. No chance Knicks get anything for him this off-season. Unless they want to take a "Elton Brand" type contract back.

kblo247
06-06-2010, 03:19 AM
Marc Gasol was a nobody at that point. That was just a steal. The main focus of the trade was the 9 million expiring. And the got a STAR for some unknown rookie drafted in the 40s and a 9 million expiring.

Expiring contract trade examples last season: Ilgauskas and McGrady

example of what the Knicks can easily get for Curry...
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/11/14/report-hornets-offering-emeka-okafor-for-expiring-contract/

Hornets offered Kings Okafor for expiring contract of Kenny Thomas last season... that's right Kenny thomas, not sure how he's any more valuable than curry.

Another Center Hornets tried to trade for expirings....but he failed the physical...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-chandlerthunder021709

The Spanish league MVP and brother of Pau who Hubie Brown admitted showed up often and worked out with the guys is a nobody?

He was an unknown because there was no guarantee what he did in Spain would translate, but he wasn't a nobody because Memphis admittedly knew him at the time.

The argument would work better if it was Sun Yue traded in his place though.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 03:19 AM
He has a YEAR left on his contract. Point out where i said otherwise. His fat *** may be moved at the mid-point next season. No chance Knicks get anything for him this off-season. Unless they want to take a "Elton Brand" type contract back.

Please explain to me how he can have any less and still be on the Knicks roster?? Its considered an expiring contract genius.
Read the link above where Hornets offered Okafor for Thomas expiring in November last year.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 03:20 AM
I suppoese they should start shopping for LBJ replacement parts.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 03:22 AM
The Spanish league MVP and brother of Pau who Hubie Brown admitted showed up often and worked out with the guys is a nobody?

He was an unknown because there was no guarantee what he did in Spain would translate, but he wasn't a nobody because Memphis admittedly knew him at the time.

The argument would work better if it was Sun Yue traded in his place though.

http://www.mynbadraft.com/2007/round2/

the guy was the 48th pick in the draft the year before... ye a real gem to give up for a STAR!!! A 26 year old 7 footer averaging 21 and 10. No one is saying Knicks are getting a star for Curry's contract but Gasol (one of the top big men in the game!!!) was traded for an expiring, the 19th pick (Crittenton) and a 48th pick in the previous years draft.

As for Sun Yue he was picked 40th. Don't tell me people thought Gasol was going to be good, all 29 other teams passed on him. Adam Haluska was drafted before him....ye exactly.

By that logic the Knicks can give up their 38th and 39th pick in a trade for Dwight Howard. :facepalm:

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 03:24 AM
Please explain to me how he can have any less and still be on the Knicks roster?? Its considered an expiring contract genius.
Read the link above where Hornets offered Okafor for Thomas expiring in November last year.

Wow you really are lost. Please explain to me why your even talking to me? I never said that he had more than a year left on his contract. I said it would make the most sense if Curry was moved at the last possible minute. Much like the Tmac trade. This would allow the Knicks to get the most value from his expiring contract. I just don't understand what your on about.

1. I never said he wasn't an expiring
2. I never said he had more than one year left on his contract

??:confused:??

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 03:30 AM
Wow you really are lost. Please explain to me why your even talking to me? I never said that he had more than a year left on his contract. I said it would make the most sense if Curry was moved at the last possible minute. Much like the Tmac trade. This would allow the Knicks to get the most value from his expiring contract. I just don't understand what your on about.

1. I never said he wasn't an expiring
2. I never said he had more than one year left on his contract

??:confused:??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Glad you understood.

confused who wrote that?

hugepatsfan was saying how his expiring contract is valuable and several Bulls fans went on to explain to him that it is not expiring, however you do not understand that the people who had contracts ending this year have already EXPIRED...therefore this conversation would never exist if it ended this year. I'm sure patsfan understood that Curry's contract did not end a few months ago... so in that case there would be no point of even stating all that nonsense.

Hence pay attention and read the reaction by patsfan where he states he has been "bamboozled"....cmon man pay attention before you give me an attitude.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 03:34 AM
You can sit here and tell me that the Bulls will manage to trade Deng's 52 MILLION dollar contract where he gets paid like a FRANCHISE player..... but yet somehow you find it hard to believe that an 11 million dollar expiring contract has any value... AND IM LOST?!

D1JM
06-06-2010, 03:35 AM
You can sit here and tell me that the Bulls will manage to trade Deng's 52 MILLION dollar contract where he gets paid like a FRANCHISE player..... but yet somehow you find it hard to believe that an 11 million dollar contract has any value... AND IM LOST?!

curry's value dont kick in till the deadline, not this summer

Derick713
06-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Maybe the Cavs go after Andre Miller, Rudy Fernandez, and Joel Pryzbilla for Mo Williams and Delonte West.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Bron will be living on southbeach in a couple of months. Cleaveland will place their entire roster on the block.

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

Glad you understood.

confused who wrote that?

hugepatsfan was saying how his expiring contract is valuable and several Bulls fans went on to explain to him that it is not expiring, however you do not understand that the people who had contracts ending this year have already EXPIRED...therefore this conversation would never exist if it ended this year. I'm sure patsfan understood that Curry's contract did not end a few months ago... so in that case there would be no point of even stating all that nonsense.

Other Bulls fans can say what ever they want. I can't dictate what they write. I'll admit i didn't read the part where Hugepats fan thought he had two seasons left. But the rest is legit. Curry's contract expires after next season. Which is what D Roses Bulls was trying to explain. The reason i said "Glad you agree" was because HugePats fan thought Curry's contract expires this year, which it dosen't.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 03:41 AM
curry's value dont kick in till the deadline, not this summer

It depends, you may be right. However I think it depends on the situation, Hornets were willing to trade for Kenny Thomas' contract at the start of last year so they may be willing to do that again.

Point is he can be moved for a decent piece at SOME point before that playoff depth is essential...I hope we can all agree on that

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 03:42 AM
You can sit here and tell me that the Bulls will manage to trade Deng's 52 MILLION dollar contract where he gets paid like a FRANCHISE player..... but yet somehow you find it hard to believe that an 11 million dollar expiring contract has any value... AND IM LOST?!

Again, when did i say that? I haven't mentioned anything about Deng...wtf are you smoking kid?

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 03:43 AM
It depends, you may be right. However I think it depends on the situation, Hornets were willing to trade for Kenny Thomas' contract at the start of last year so they may be willing to do that again.

Point is he can be moved for a decent piece at SOME point before that playoff depth is essential...I hope we can all agree on that

That's what i've been saying all along. Go back and read my posts. I simply said they'd get more value for him if they traded him at next seasons deadline.

kozelkid
Yup, you are lost.
I like to see how an 11 million dollar expiring will have any value in this year's FA. Better question, why would a team like Toronto take an expiring for Bosh when they can let him walk for free without a useless player like Curry on their roster for a year.
And finally, I didn't know franchise players only get paid like 12 mil a year. When did the new CBA take into effect? :rolleyes:

Here's an idea. Take a look at some of the players who are paid around what Deng is. Not many of them are capable of playing very good defense and averaging 18/7.

bkmikeyy
Other Bulls fans can say what ever they want. I can't dictate what they write. I'll admit i didn't read the part where Hugepats fan thought he had two seasons left. But the rest is legit. Curry's contract expires after next season. Which is what D Roses Bulls was trying to explain. The reason i said "Glad you agree" was because HugePats fan thought Curry's contract expires this year, which it dosen't.

NO he didnt... do you understand that IF it did he would not be a Knick since early April?! and this whole topic would have been pointless because the Knicks wouldn't trade him since he wouldn't be a Knick... get it?! so everything you have been saying wasn't making sense so maybe you are lost?

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Yup, you are lost.
I like to see how an 11 million dollar expiring will have any value in this year's FA. Better question, why would a team like Toronto take an expiring for Bosh when they can let him walk for free without a useless player like Curry on their roster for a year.
And finally, I didn't know franchise players only get paid like 12 mil a year. When did the new CBA take into effect? :rolleyes:

Where do I start....
Lets start with the fact that we dont need to trade with the raptors...we can sign Bosh normally....If he insists on a sign and trade and Lebron hinges on the decision the Knicks can easily take either Calderon or Turk off their hands for Curry and easily be the favorites in the sign and trade sweepstakes. Offer Lee and Curry for Bosh and Turk, Raptors basically get to swap Lee for Turk...
However the original discussion wasn't about trading Curry to the Raptors, because as I have stated only the Bulls need to trade with the Raptors to get Bosh, but instead be used elsewhere for an awful contract in the form of a Okafor (4 years 52 million...same as Deng btw)
Lastly Deng Deng will make 14.3 million in 2014.... Lebron is going to get paid 16.5 next year...any questions?

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 03:49 AM

NO he didnt... do you understand that IF it did he would not be a Knick since early April?! and this whole topic would have been pointless because the Knicks wouldn't trade him since he wouldn't be a Knick... get it?! so everything you have been saying wasn't making sense so maybe you are lost?

Read the quote above.......

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Read the quote above.......

Read everything he said... he clearly meant 2011. All the expirings this year have expired...the year is over.
HE ADMITTED HIMSELF THAT HE MEANT 2011...i know I'm lost, I feel like i talk to myself when I talk to Bulls fans.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Where do I start....
Lets start with the fact that we dont need to trade with the raptors...we can sign Bosh normally....If he insists on a sign and trade and Lebron hinges on the decision the Knicks can easily take either Calderon or Turk off their hands for Curry and easily be the favorites in the sign and trade sweepstakes. Offer Lee and Curry for Bosh and Turk, Raptors basically get to swap Lee for Turk..

Why would Raptors want another player that doesn't play defense? Better yet, I don't think you understand sign trades. You DO realize how hard it is and the fact that S+T TWO players like never happens, in fact I'd be intrigued if you could reference such an occurrence.
Also, what makes you so sure Chicago isn't capable of taking in Calderon or Turkoglu. They could offer say Deng and Kirk (Raptors have shown interest in Deng in the past), 2 players who have shorter contracts than Turkoglu. 2 players who actually bring something to the table. Meanwhile Bulls have cap for Lebron, they get Bosh and either buy out Turkoglu or have him as a sixth man.

However the original discussion wasn't about trading Curry to the Raptors, because as I have stated only the Bulls need to trade with the Raptors to get Bosh, but instead be used elsewhere for an awful contract in the form of a Okafor (4 years 52 million...same as Deng btw)

Examples please. And what do Knicks gain from this anyway?

Lastly Deng Deng will make 14.3 million in 2014.... Lebron is going to get paid 16.5 next year...any questions?

That's called poor context and misusing facts. In the end of the day, Deng's contract averaged out at 11-12mil, while Lebron's will average to 20mil. Sorry, you're wrong.
And I'm not even mentioning the fact that in Deng's clause only 70% of what he's paid go as part of the cap. It's a typical shrewd move of our owner's.

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Yup, you are lost.

Here's an idea. Take a look at some of the players who are paid around what Deng is. Not many of them are capable of playing very good defense and averaging 18/7.
Kozel don't even waste your time with this guy. He is the dumbest poster on psd.

Read everything he said... he clearly meant 2011. All the expirings this year have expired...the year is over.
HE ADMITTED HIMSELF THAT HE MEANT 2011...i know I'm lost, I feel like i talk to myself when I talk to Bulls fans.

Your are the reason the facepalm was introduced on PSD. :facepalm:

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Kozel don't even waste your time with this guy. He is the dumbest poster on psd.

Don't get angry.
Let Knick fans think what they want? :shrug:
Personally, it's best to avoid these 2010 arguments cause each fan is likely to be a homer. Just wait til July 1st rolls around. :cool:

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Don't get angry.
Let Knick fans think what they want? :shrug:
Personally, it's best to avoid these 2010 arguments cause each fan is likely to be a homer. Just wait til July 1st rolls around. :cool:

I should know better. But all i said was that Curry's contract had more value if they waited to trade him at next seasons trade deadline.

I then corrected another poster who thought his contract was expiring this year, by saying that it expired after the 2011 season.

:confused:

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 04:03 AM
Why would Raptors want another player that doesn't play defense? Better yet, I don't think you understand sign trades. You DO realize how hard it is and the fact that S+T TWO players like never happens, in fact I'd be intrigued if you could reference such an occurrence.
Also, what makes you so sure Chicago isn't capable of taking in Calderon or Turkoglu. They could offer say Deng and Kirk (Raptors have shown interest in Deng in the past), 2 players who have shorter contracts than Turkoglu. 2 players who actually bring something to the table. Meanwhile Bulls have cap for Lebron, they get Bosh and either buy out Turkoglu or have him as a sixth man.

Examples please. And what do Knicks gain from this anyway?

That's called poor context and misusing facts. In the end of the day, Deng's contract averaged out at 11-12mil, while Lebron's will average to 20mil. Sorry, you're wrong.
And I'm not even mentioning the fact that in Deng's clause 15% of what he's paid doesn't go as part of the cap. It's a typical shrewd move of our owner's.

First off Turks contract is the same length as Deng's and costs slightly less... Second if you take back turk you still have no money for bosh. Exchanging a bad contract for a bad contract does not allow you to get bosh. By that logic you can trade Ryan Richards for Patrick O'Bryant and Bosh. Knicks on the other hand don't need any cap help to get Bosh so they can swap contracts and give the Raptors the much more beneficial one.

Secondly Lee is an All Star and will be a very coveted free agent that will get good money this year.. dont let your knick bias tell you otherwise. It has been rumored that Bosh for Lee swap could be in the works...but you know better about the chances of it happening. AGAIN the Knicks don;t need to trade Lee...they can just as easily Trade Curry for Bosh AND Turk or Calderon without including Lee. Or just sign Bosh So your Lee plays bad defense or two s &t argument falls out the window, it could just be done IF the Raptors want it. Knicks don't gain anything...if Raps insist on sign and trade they can offer something no other team that wants Bosh can...cap relief for a rebuilding team. Turk is throwing fits in Toronto they would love someone to take him.

examples of what...expiring contracts traded for good players with bad contracts?! I'm not going over this again.

Lastly if you don't think a 4 year 52 million dollar contract for a SF that was ranked 11th AT HIS POSITION by Hollinger (you don;t have to like him just a measuring tool) is an awful contract that no rebuilding team (Raptors if Bosh leaves) want anything to do with then I think we have nothing left to argue about.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 04:05 AM
I should know better. But all i said was that Curry's contract had more value if they waited to trade him at next seasons trade deadline.

I then corrected another poster who thought his contract was expiring this year, by saying that it expired after the 2011 season.

:confused:

Misunderstanding, just tired of Bulls fans ganging up on the Knicks and using every chance possible to put them down. Nonstop threads started by Bulls fans about how Knicks aren't good enough, NY media sucks etc.. its annoying.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 04:10 AM
First off Turks contract is the same length as Deng's and costs slightly less... Second if you take back turk you still have no money for bosh. Exchanging a bad contract for a bad contract does not allow you to get bosh. By that logic you can trade Ryan Richards for Patrick O'Bryant and Bosh. Knicks on the other hand don't need any cap help to get Bosh so they can swap contracts and give the Raptors the much more beneficial one.

Secondly Lee is an All Star and will be a very coveted free agent that will get good money this year.. dont let your knick bias tell you otherwise. It has been rumored that Bosh for Lee swap could be in the works...but you know better about the chances of it happening. AGAIN the Knicks don;t need to trade Lee...they can just as easily Trade Curry for Bosh AND Turk or Calderon without including Lee. Or just sign Bosh So your Lee plays bad defense or two s &t argument falls out the window, it could just be done IF the Raptors want it.

examples of what...expiring contracts traded for good players with bad contracts?! I'm not going over this again.

Lastly if you don't think a 4 year 52 million dollar contract for a SF that was ranked 11th AT HIS POSITION by Hollinger (you don;t have to like him just a measuring tool) is an awful contract that no rebuilding team (Raptors if Bosh leaves) want anything to do with then I think we have nothing left to argue about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byposition?pos=SF&sort=25&qualified=0&conference=NBA&year=season_2009

look at that and tell me if he ranks 11th

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:11 AM
First off Turks contract is the same length as Deng's and costs slightly less...

Not with the trade kickers. :)

Second if you take back turk you still have no money for bosh.

If we trade Kirk and Deng, yes we do.

Exchanging a bad contract for a bad contract does not allow you to get bosh. By that logic you can trade Ryan Richards for Patrick O'Bryant and Bosh. Knicks on the other hand don't need any cap help to get Bosh so they can swap contracts and give the Raptors the much more beneficial one.
Sure, but getting a superior package does make a difference.

Secondly Lee is an All Star and will be a very coveted free agent that will get good money this year..
Sure. He's also unlikely to net NY anything.

It has been rumored that Bosh for Lee swap could be in the works...but you know better about the chances of it happening.

Yup, slim. Once again, find me a sign and trade where TWO players given substantial cash each were sign and traded. Then we'll talk. It's alot harder to pull off than you realize.

AGAIN the Knicks don;t need to trade Lee...they can just as easily Trade Curry for Bosh AND Turk or Calderon without including Lee. So you Lee plays bad defense or two s &t argument falls out the window, it could jsut be don IF the Raptors want it.

That's great, but ultimately Bosh chooses where he wants to go. And at the moment it appears to be that Bosh will wait til Lebron makes his decision. If Knicks get Lebron, well good for them. Other than that, well it's useless.

That sort of defeats itself. And no, Okafor is not a good player. He's fairly average.

Lastly if you don;t think a 4 year 52 million dollar contract for a SF that was ranked 11th AT HIS POSITION by Hollinger (you don;t have to like him just a measuring tool) is an awful contract that no rebuilding team (Raptors if Bosh leaves) want anything to do with then I think we have nothing left to argue about.

Well you had no point in the first place...
And you still ignored the fact that Deng is on a deferred contract meaning only 70% of his contract affects cap.
11th as a sf is not bad anyway. It's a fairly deep position. And finally, I don't agree with Hollinger so how exactly does that make your point valid again?
The only sf's I think are clearly better are Granger, Wallace, Durant, Lebron, Pierce and Melo. The rest are on the same level with Deng.

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Misunderstanding, just tired of Bulls fans ganging up on the Knicks and using every chance possible to put them down. Nonstop threads started by Bulls fans about how Knicks aren't good enough, NY media sucks etc.. its annoying.

Thankyou.

You have to realise that both our teams have huge fan bases. There will always be a small percentage of posters that do this, just know that not all Bulls fans are like that. The exact same thing can be said about the Knicks, Lakers, Toronto etc.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Let me put this simply because I know people love to twist little things around...

Only team that can sign both Bosh and Lebron...NYK

Bulls can get Bosh and Lebron if Bosh insists on sign and trade....

Bulls can offer a 52 Million dollar contract in Deng....
Knicks can instead of adding salary to a rebuilding team, can take a 10 million dollar contract off their hands, or give them David Lee (better than Deng) but while they give them Lee they take back a bad contract (Turk or Calderon) which will make Lee cost them around 3 million a year (instead of Dengs 13).

Final breakdown: 2 OPTIONS FOR BOSH (considering the team signign him has Lebron)
Straight up signing by the Knicks

S&T
where Bulls give the Raptors either Deng or Hinrich and add either 13 or 10 million on to their cap for at least the next few years.
Knicks can either take Turk or Calderon and Bosh for Curry and save the Raptors 10 million a year for the next 3 years. Or they can add Lee in the swap at around 12-13 million a year and essentially increase their cap by only a few million while giving them an All Star PF for either Turk or Calderon.

Simple enough?

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 04:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byposition?pos=SF&sort=25&qualified=0&conference=NBA&year=season_2009

look at that and tell me if he ranks 11th

Look at real stats...and tell me he ranks a lot higher

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/seasontype/2/position/small-forwards

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:20 AM
Let me put this simply because I know people love to twist little things around...

Only team that can sign both Bosh and Lebron...NYK

False, so can Miami.

Bulls can get Bosh and Lebron if Bosh insists on sign and trade....

Bulls can offer a 52 Million dollar contract in Deng....
Knicks can instead of adding salary to a rebuilding team, can take a 10 million dollar contract off their hands, or give them David Lee (better than Deng) but while they give them Lee they take back a bad contract (Turk or Calderon) which will make Lee cost them around 3 million a year (instead of Dengs 13).

Here's where it simply isn't black and white. You are assuming Toronto can make all the decisions. If Lebron were to sign with the Bulls, why would Bosh want to be traded to NY if reports suggest he goes where Lebron goes. He has all the power so he'd say "no" to any trade to Knicks and Toronto simply goes with the next best offer.
Of course, Toronto can say "**** you", figure it out yourself. In which case I think Bosh will simply sign with Miami. Meanwhile Chicago would have to focus on say Boozer... Also a team that needs perimeter help.

Final breakdown: 2 OPTIONS FOR BOSH (considering the team signign him has Lebron)
Straight up signing by the Knicks

S&T
where Bulls give the Raptors either Deng or Hinrich and add either 13 or 10 million on to their cap for at least the next few years.
Knicks can either take Turk or Calderon and Bosh for Curry and save the Raptors 10 million a year for the next 3 years. Or they can add Lee in the swap at around 12-13 million a year and essentially increase their cap by only a few million while giving them an All Star PF for either Turk or Calderon.

Simple enough?

I wish. Like I said, you're looking at it too black and white.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Look at real stats...and tell me he ranks a lot higher

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/seasontype/2/position/small-forwards

ya... top 10 still :).
And since when is scoring the only aspect of a players game. Fortunate for Deng, he's also one of the best rebounding sf's and one of the better perimeter defenders.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 04:25 AM
False, so can Miami.

Here's where it simply isn't black and white. You are assuming Toronto can make all the decisions. If Lebron were to sign with the Bulls, why would Bosh want to be traded to NY if reports suggest he goes where Lebron goes. He has all the power so he'd say "no" to any trade to Knicks and Toronto simply goes with the next best offer.
Of course, Toronto can say "**** you", figure it out yourself. In which case I think Bosh will simply sign with Miami. Meanwhile Chicago would have to focus on say Boozer... Also a team that needs perimeter help.

I wish. Like I said, you're looking at it too black and white.

You are right I forgot about Miami...but we are looking at this between the two teams.

Plus why would the Raptors help the Bulls out?
Lets look at this from a non fan perspective...Deng is a good player no one is denying that.
BUT say you are the raptors and you lost your best player and you were the 9th seed last year in a weak east. You are probably rebuilding right?
Would you want to take on a 52 million dollar contract on a player that will keep you from the bottom 3-4 of the league where you can get a nice lottery pick but at the same time is clearly not good enough to produce better results than last year? This way you are just guaranteeing yourself the 10-12 seed in the east until you finally get some cap space when Dengs contract ends. Why would the Raptors ever do that?

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:31 AM
You are right I forgot about Miami...but we are looking at this between the two teams.

Lets look at this from a non fan perspective...Deng is a good player no one is denying that.
BUT say you are the raptors and you lost your best player and you were the 9th seed last year in a weak east. You are probably rebuilding right?
Would you want to take on a 52 million dollar contract on a player that will keep you from the bottom 3-4 of the league where you can get a nice lottery pick but at the same time is clearly not good enough to produce better results than last year? This way you are just guaranteeing yourself the 10-12 seed in the east until you finally get some cap space when Dengs contract ends. Why would the Raptors ever do that?

(A) Deng is a nice player and he's young.
(B) He brings many things that the team was missing. Rebounding and defense are the main things. He'd be a GREAT fit next to Bargs.
(C) As I keep saying, Deng's contract isn't as bad as you think. His contract is deferred. So only 70% affects cap.

Now you do have a legit point about Raptors helping Bulls out. We honestly don't know. I think it could go down in 3 different ways.
(A) They don't care. They just want to get the best out of Bosh. Maybe pull a Grizzlies? I mean we have repeatedly seen teams simply give away stars for their own sake (see: Memphis and Washington).
(B) You might be right. In which case, as I pointed out, Bosh is more likely to go to Miami and join Wade. Maybe NY, but I have hard time believing he will if Lebron doesn't go. And Wade looks highly likely to stay.
(C) Bulls pull off the sign trade BEFORE lebron signs. No sweat. Of course, that would go against the whole Bosh will follow Lebron motive. Unless of course it's behind closed doors? :shrug:

BkOriginalOne
06-06-2010, 04:32 AM
I really can't see why San Antonio wouldn't be interested in a pair of fresh legs.

What about a Hedo for Mo WIll package.

Chicago could use the scoring and three point shooting.

Miami could get in the mix for a beasley package of some kind. Wouldn't be a bad trade of either team. Wade would finally have a great shooter in the back court and they'd still have cap to sign a post player.

bkmikeyy
Fact is no matter how much I like arguing with you guys and how incredibly stubborn you guys have been (im sure we have too), I really want both teams to get better this summer and renew our rivalry from the 90s, the league would be so much more exciting with both teams going deep in the playoffs, I'm tired of the Cavs.

Bulls_fan90

It's just one example he used. I've had this same discussion with multiple people here on psd. It doesn't have to be Toronto it could also be the Suns, Jazz, Cavs, Raptors, Hawks etc. It simply allows a team to get something for their superstar. We can always throw in a player like Taj or Johnson and may'be even some picks. Not saying it's guaranteed but it is a possibility.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Teams that lose their star player are just better off rebuilding, getting cap space and hitting the lottery. Deng is a good player, but he is not going to make them anywhere near competitive for a play-off spot. It would essentially be ruining their flexibility and costing them money to win 5-6 more games than they would without him.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Fact is no matter how much I like arguing with you guys and how incredibly stubborn you guys have been (im sure we have too), I really want both teams to get better this summer and renew our rivalry from the 90s, the league would be so much more exciting with both teams going deep in the playoffs, I'm tired of the Cavs.

Full agreement there.
Honestly, didn't expect any opinions to change. :) Which is why for the most part I avoid getting in 2010 FA debates with other team fans cause obviously we are all biased.
Let's just wait for it to come finally. :)

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 04:39 AM
About getting the best for Bosh, they can just do a lot better. I'm sure Bosh would be ok with going to the Lakers, Heat maybe still the Knicks even if Lebron lands in Chicago. Deng would be good on a competing team but the way his contract is structured and since he is a significant drop in talent from Bosh it really makes no sense for them to want him. Plus you are forgetting if you do not take Turk, they would have their two highest players playing the same position.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 04:41 AM
About getting the best for Bosh, they can just do a lot better. I'm sure Bosh would be ok with going to the Lakers, Heat maybe still the Knicks even if Lebron lands in Chicago. Deng would be good on a competing team but the way his contract is structured and since he is a significant drop in talent from Bosh it really makes no sense for them to want him. Plus you are forgetting if you do not take Turk, they would have their two highest players playing the same position.

I'm willing to bet they'll buy out Turk.
You also forget that if push comes to shove, Bulls can offer Noah which just about beats ANY package.

bkmikeyy
06-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Full agreement there.
Honestly, didn't expect any opinions to change. :) Which is why for the most part I avoid getting in 2010 FA debates with other team fans cause obviously we are all biased.
Let's just wait for it to come finally. :)

I try to avoid it too, I just like arguing I guess lol

magichatnumber9
06-06-2010, 07:47 AM
How about Delonte West for Lebron's mom?

RNess78c
06-06-2010, 08:33 AM
How about Delonte West for Lebron's mom?

they both play for the cavs right now

i think West and Lebrons mom for eddy curry since every NYC fan thinks he's worth something
Lebrons mom said she would take a pay cut on the Sex tape

SAY IT AINT SO GLORIA, YOU SMASHED THE HOMIE

ITS AIGHT LBJ YOU STILL ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLAYERS

just go to MIA LEBRON THE DUO OF JAMES & WADE IS BETTER THEN JORDAN & PIPPEN

netsgiantsyanks
06-06-2010, 08:33 AM

lol

1amLEGEND
07-05-2010, 04:14 AM
ginobli

blams
07-05-2010, 04:20 AM
:shrug:

Kyben36
07-05-2010, 04:34 AM
they cant do anything, they have nothing of value, Jaminson is overpaid. MO ( as stated ) cant be moved for anything that will improve the team overall. They are trying, but cant be done.

FrenchSunsFan
07-05-2010, 04:36 AM
Mo Will to Richard Jefferson ( two big looser overpaid)

SANDBURG23
07-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Trade them for G.Arenas tomorrow, then get D.Fisher-PG, M.Miller-SG and J.O'neal-PF in there 5 minutes later. Re-sign Shaq and Big-Z. Make it look better to LeBron before tuesday.

TehSamurai
07-05-2010, 04:57 AM

Yeah, Mo is what kept the Cavs together. They're nothing without him.

Raven19
07-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Trade them for G.Arenas tomorrow, then get D.Fisher-PG, M.Miller-SG and J.O'neal-PF in there 5 minutes later. Re-sign Shaq and Big-Z. Make it look better to LeBron before tuesday.

NOOO!! Fish!..

How much cap space does CLE have anyway?

The Raven
07-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Mo's contract is what kinda sucks though. Bigger then it should be. Delonte is meh

IndiansFan337
07-05-2010, 04:01 PM
NOOO!! Fish!..

How much cap space does CLE have anyway?

None. They're over the cap.

Bornknick73
07-05-2010, 04:11 PM
to address the topic....Good Luck with that!

bosoxlover12
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM

no, if they lose LeBron, they are done :D

drobe86
07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Good luck with that. Hard to believe you could get more than a future 2nd round pick for either guy.....

stawka
07-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, Mo is what kept the Cavs together. They're nothing without him.

How the hell did you come up with that? What was the Cavs record when Mo was out this year and LeBron was running the point? And what were LeBron's numbers during that stretch? (can someone find this out for me? I have no idea where I can)

Mo is good during the season because he's streaky. A streaker SG/SF/PF is OK, but you can't have a streaky shooting PG. He lost his touch in the Playoff's two years running now, I'm sure they could do a lot better without him.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Calderon.