PDA

View Full Version : Should Lebron get a Superstar player to be in his team?

BigAl25
06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
It's not out ouf the question, i mean a lot of players have needed that. Like Jordan for example with scottie pippen , and even what kobe was to shaq, so i actually think having a complementary like that would absolutely get him a ring.

rockets-fan
06-05-2010, 09:07 PM
would he co exsist though?

RNess78c
06-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Cavs Need To Make A Move For Joe Johnson trade West,Moon,Telfair,Gibson

(center)/Shaq
AJ
LBJ
JJ
MO

Lakersho
06-05-2010, 09:13 PM
oh you are really being serious, ya having 12 bench players makes it hard to win... but he already had mo will. jamison ,and alot of good players , if you mean like d.wade or that type then yes it does help...

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Nobody has brought up the fact that he could also re-structure his contract to free up him more money.

j-bay
06-05-2010, 09:27 PM
john wall i can see him do the john wall dance

igPay atinLay
06-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Topic creator are you asking us a rhetorical question?

Cubsfan365
06-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Cavs Need To Make A Move For Joe Johnson trade West,Moon,Telfair,Gibson

(center)/Shaq
AJ
LBJ
JJ
MO
Are you just joking around?

prodigy
06-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Cubsfan, no he's not. Its very possible. Cavs have many expiring contracts and a handful of young players they would trade. you add the fact that The hawks would love to get something in return. Joe Johnson would also like the few extra million it would add.

IDK how people don't understand this.

I guess people want Lebron so bad that they block out any other possible moves.

ldc62
06-05-2010, 10:00 PM
another lebrick thread?

dtmagnet
06-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Cubsfan, no he's not. Its very possible. Cavs have many expiring contracts and a handful of young players they would trade. you add the fact that The hawks would love to get something in return. Joe Johnson would also like the few extra million it would add.

IDK how people don't understand this.

I guess people want Lebron so bad that they block out any other possible moves.

Because you don't trade expiring contracts in a sign and trade, they can just let him go and save all that money instead of paying some bums for the final year of their deal. If you think those expirings could be used in a trade, then find a third party to give you something for those expirings which you then flip to the Hawks. If you can't find a third party well then no party for you.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 12:38 AM
oh you are really being serious, ya having 12 bench players makes it hard to win... but he already had mo will. jamison ,and alot of good players , if you mean like d.wade or that type then yes it does help...

Not nearly as good as what Howard, Kobe, or Pierce had.
They choke when it matters most.
Honestly, it's the most BS argument I ever hear. Lebron's teammates sucked and Lebron should absolutely be excused for it. It's hilarious that you only hear Laker fans ***** that it's Lebron's fault. Maybe they are insecure about the fact that he surpassed kobe? :shrug:
And believe me I hate Lebron, well I'd love him if he joined the Bulls :D

As for this thread, sure it would be nice. However Cavs have no flexibility to get Lebron that player. Unless a team like Toronto decides to pull a Mchale. Though I ain't aware of any previous connections with Toronto or Atlanta with Cleveland.

abe_froman
06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
It's not out ouf the question, i mean a lot of players have needed that. Like Jordan for example with scottie pippen , and even what kobe was to shaq, so i actually think having a complementary like that would absolutely get him a ring.

using those examples and what your asking arent the same thing,as neither pippen or kobe where superstars when they arrived on mj or shaq's team

but what your asking of,sure...if he can,its not as easy as it sounds though

LA_Raiders
06-06-2010, 01:56 AM
well, he had an all star in Mo, Shaq & Jamison... and he still ****ed it up...

LA_Raiders
06-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Nobody has brought up the fact that he could also re-structure his contract to free up him more money.

it will never happen

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Naw. Let him enjoy the hot sun in Miami with Dwade

DreamShaker
06-06-2010, 03:51 AM
well, he had an all star in Mo, Shaq & Jamison... and he still ****ed it up...

Mo Williams is in no way, shape, or form an All-Star. He was like the 3rd or 4th alternate if I remember correctly. And he was only that because that ******** "no great team should have just one All-Star" philosophy...He's not a top 10 PG in the NBA...Jamison disappeared and Shaq over Hickson (which the Hickson thing was working really well) was a huge blunder...Shaq took up space and even when he was productive, it was at the expense of everyone else...Lebron didn't play his greatest series but he did have some good games and one really great game...people are too hard on the guy...

KaiserZr
06-06-2010, 03:07 PM
kobe had to go through the criticism and now so does Lebron....and if Lebron ever took a pay cut for the better of them team I would be shocked...and he did have some good players...did he have the best supporting cast...of course not...Kobe's supporting cast was better...but don't say management didn't try...Every great player needs that 2nd person to win a championship...no one just carries a team to a championship...not even Jordan...Bryant had to learn that lesson and now Lebron does too...

Geargo Wallace
06-06-2010, 03:19 PM
i hate this "can lebron coexist" ****

the man is the best player in the world and an awesome teammate. of course he can.

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 03:41 PM
^ exactly

Draco
06-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Because you don't trade expiring contracts in a sign and trade, they can just let him go and save all that money instead of paying some bums for the final year of their deal. If you think those expirings could be used in a trade, then find a third party to give you something for those expirings which you then flip to the Hawks. If you can't find a third party well then no party for you.

No kidding, right..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-06-2010, 03:50 PM
another lebrick thread?

yes Skip, another lebrick thread

dominater6192
06-06-2010, 03:58 PM
If I were LeBron I would'nt look to join a team with a superstar. I'd join a team like the Clippers, Nets, or Bulls. At this point they have no superstars but they have a boatload of young talent and some players who could develop into perennial all stars. If LeBron went to those teams he would be the superstar who took good players (Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose etc.) to the next level. But if he went to a team with a superstar, let's take Miami for instance. Where Wade, who already has a ring, would receive ample credit for helping LeBron finally win a championship. It's just my opinion but for LeBron's legacy I do'nt think being paired with a superstar near his caliber would be favorable.

n83417
06-06-2010, 04:14 PM
If I were LeBron I would'nt look to join a team with a superstar. I'd join a team like the Clippers, Nets, or Bulls. At this point they have no superstars but they have a boatload of young talent and some players who could develop into perennial all stars. If LeBron went to those teams he would be the superstar who took good players (Eric Gordon, Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose etc.) to the next level. But if he went to a team with a superstar, let's take Miami for instance. Where Wade, who already has a ring, would receive ample credit for helping LeBron finally win a championship. It's just my opinion but for LeBron's legacy I do'nt think being paired with a superstar near his caliber would be favorable.

I agree with that somewhat. Chicago really seems like the ideal situation for him. They were ok this year, and if they were to add James and have Deng has a 6th man, they would immediately become elite.

Wade and LeBron doesn't seem like it would work, unless Miami can find someone that can rebound. Beasley sucks.

HouRealCoach
06-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Mo Williams is in no way, shape, or form an All-Star. He was like the 3rd or 4th alternate if I remember correctly. And he was only that because that ******** "no great team should have just one All-Star" philosophy...He's not a top 10 PG in the NBA...Jamison disappeared and Shaq over Hickson (which the Hickson thing was working really well) was a huge blunder...Shaq took up space and even when he was productive, it was at the expense of everyone else...Lebron didn't play his greatest series but he did have some good games and one really great game...people are too hard on the guy...

100% True... & Not to mention perhaps the worst coaching since Isiah Thomas

HouRealCoach
06-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I want to see LeBRon with Iggy

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 09:15 PM
^ Not a bad combo, still needs more than that though

PrettyBoyJ
06-07-2010, 01:08 AM
LeBron jus needs a guy that will compliment his style of play.. I think he can co-exist with anyone cuz he isnt a selfish player.. But honestly he Had Mo Williams..??? Lebron introduce the world to that guy.. and an aging Shaq who made the locker room turn on Mike Brown.. even tho he was a bad coach.. and antwan jamison who was new to the system.. Seriously that not that good of a supporting cast.. Difference btwn Lakers when they got Gasol.. Gasol used to be the number 1 guy.. so falling into the number 2 spot made it easier cuz the pressure was off of him to go out nd win games every night.. I think Lebron needs a former number 1 players to become a number 2 and a few other pieces and he can def win that ring that he's been longing for..

(Aaron brooks or Baron Davis and Boozer or Zach Randolph would be good additions IMO)

tredigs
06-07-2010, 01:24 AM

Lebron did not have a top ten player at any one position, to be honest. Mo, Jamison and Shaq are on the cusp, but no clear cut top ten player at any one position. Lebron haters (or Kobe fanatics) are going to maintain that he had the best team ever assembled, but let's be honest, his cast still lacked another reliable player that he could lean on during any given night. Shaq's a dinosaur who needs to retire, Mo Williams is an average point guard, and Jamison is a player with zero clutch ability (which is probably why a team of his had never been out of the first round until this year). They were deep enough, but when you're in the playoffs only 8 players matter, and their top 8 were weak.

Yes, he - like every other player who has ever won a ring - probably needs another superstar level player to win a ring. A decent coach wouldn't hurt matters either.

heathonater
06-07-2010, 04:30 AM
absolutely. most championship teams have had at least 2 stars on their teams with a few exceptions. if lebron went somewhere else without a legit star, it would be the same exact outcome as the one he has experienced in cleveland.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-07-2010, 11:00 AM
the problem is nobody wants to move their family to cleveland if they had a choice.

BullySixChicago
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
It's not out ouf the question, i mean a lot of players have needed that. Like Jordan for example with scottie pippen , and even what kobe was to shaq, so i actually think having a complementary like that would absolutely get him a ring.Yea their nothing wrong with the thought but who wants to go to cleveland?

Da Knicks
06-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Very true didnt Artest and Ariza both pass on cleveland even with the best basketball player in the world asking them to join?

sep11ie
06-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Should I make a LeBron thread maybe? I'm thinking so...

Da Knicks
06-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Make one all the haters and lovers will come and post! Its alot more interesting than the same boring finals...

Sly Guy
06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
the better question is can he get a superstar player to play on his team? And the answer as long as he's in cleveland, I'd have to say no.