PDA

View Full Version : Bulls agree to 3 year deal with Tom Thibodeau

esoteradactyl
06-05-2010, 01:39 PM
http://twitter.com/SamSmithHoops

Great signing by the Bulls. This gives even more incentive for either Lebron or Wade to join.

now lets see how good of a coach doc rivers really is

:laugh:

sean17c
06-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Ayyyyyeeeeeeee

Kakaroach
06-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I think its a decent hire. He is a great defensive mind but thats what the Bulls statistics excelled at last year. They could have gone after a more offensive minded coach but nonetheless, I think he'll do well in Chicago.

esoteradactyl
06-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I think its a decent hire. He is a great defensive mind but thats what the Bulls statistics excelled at last year. They could have gone after a more offensive minded coach but nonetheless, I think he'll do well in Chicago.

I think whats even better than the signing is that it makes the Bulls even more attractive for free agents. this is a huge turnaround for the franchise. i expect alot of great things from the bulls next year. 2011 champs?

DamnGoat
06-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Apparently he has a good offensive philosophy as well, at least according to the articles I've read about his interviews. As long as he has some experienced assistants/former head coaches on the bench with him I think he'll do very well for the Bulls.

Rose is already a very good offensive player but he doesn't give much effort defensively, so this hire should help him tremendously. Same with Noah who is already a very solid defensive player, but could get better.

And just to be clear, I had to change the title b/c Thibodeau hasn't officially accepted yet, the Bulls have only offered him the contract. But it does seem like this is the job he wants and it's just a matter of time before he signs.

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Apparently he has a good offensive philosophy as well, at least according to the articles I've read about his interviews. As long as he has some experienced assistants/former head coaches on the bench with him I think he'll do very well for the Bulls.

Rose is already a very good offensive player but he doesn't give much effort defensively, so this hire should help him tremendously. Same with Noah who is already a very solid defensive player, but could get better.

And just to be clear, I had to change the title b/c Thibodeau hasn't officially accepted yet, the Bulls have only offered him the contract. But it does seem like this is the job he wants and it's just a matter of time before he signs.

Eh I disagree with bolded. He gives effort; he just has no defensive fundamentals.
Which is why I love that we got Thibs (or almost...). Hopefully he can develop Noah into an anchor and Rose into a lockdown defender which he can potentially when you consider his size and athleticism.

Kakaroach
06-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Well its official now, he accepted.

Tom Thibodeau is the Bulls' new head coach after accepting a three-year contract offer.

There won't be an official announcement until the Finals conclude, but it's a done deal. The Bulls defense should make noticeable strides next season after allowing 99.1 ppg in 2009-10, good for 14th in the league. It's too early to speculate on the effect Thibodeau's hiring will have on fantasy values. http://twitter.com/KCJHoop

Kakaroach
06-05-2010, 03:09 PM

Really? Hmm thats a little surprising. He will for sure make Rose better defensively and I think he could make Noah Defensive play of the year material.

AI4MVP
06-05-2010, 03:12 PM
HUUUUUUGE SIGNING. Tom Thibodeau is by far the best assistant coach in the NBA, and i give HIM more credit then Doc Rivers for the Celtics success. Depending on how the Bulls offseason rolls, Tom Thibodeau is my sleeper pick for Coach of the Year next year

DreamShaker
06-05-2010, 03:13 PM
This guy completely deserves this. What he did for both the Rockets and Celtics shows that he can really have an impact on a team defensively...we all know it wasn't Rivers who made Pierce a legit defender...and he even made T-Mac play d!!! He should do wonders for Rose and Lebron there...

ManRam
06-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Great, great, great hire. He will be an amazing head coach. No doubt about it.

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I think the best part is that he might draw in Eric Musselman, Mo Cheeks, and Ron Adams.
Now that is a coaching staff!! :D

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 03:16 PM
He needs a guy like Mo Cheeks to keep him cool. My one concern with him is that he will overwork himself and burn out too soon, ALA Doug Collins.

abe_froman
06-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I think the best part is that he might draw in Eric Musselman, Mo Cheeks, and Ron Adams.
Now that is a coaching staff!! :D

no,while great,the best part is that he's under www

97NYer
06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure how this would help them sign LeBron. He raves about D'antoni, and while I've heard great things about him as an assistant, who knows how it will translate to being a head coach.

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 03:22 PM
no,while great,the best part is that he's under www

True. :)

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
You guys are cracking me up....

Sure he's great with the x's and o's on defense(I'm not go as far to talk about his offensive philosophy by reading an article)....

But how will he handle the modern NBA Athlete's EGO?

Assuming he will be a great HEAD coach because he was a great assistant is a little premature.

The dynamics of the 2 jobs are completely different.

Now if he already had a great Head coaching resume then I would concede. But the way you guys are talking about the hire is hilarious.

abe_froman
06-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure how this would help them sign LeBron. He raves about D'antoni, and while I've heard great things about him as an assistant, who knows how it will translate to being a head coach.

because thibs and lebron are under the same representation(wesley and caa),as well as thibs schemes hsave shut lebron and his teams from advancing in 2 of the past 3 seasons,so he knows first hand what that guy can do

RocketsRule
06-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Love the hiring, Thibodeau is great defensive coach and deserves this opportunity.

Hopefully, he'll be able to utilize the talent Chicago posses and make them a contender in the East. He's got some nice pieces to work with in Rose, Noah, Deng, and a potential max player.

29$JerZ
06-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Great deal for Chicago, sucks for Boston.

I wanted NY to somehow get him on the sidelines for years now :(

tangent12
06-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Really happy about this! An excellent assistant coming from a quality winning system.

Corey
06-05-2010, 03:36 PM
This is great for Thibs.

He's an awesome defensive coach, and knows how to handle big name guys.

If the Bulls miss out on a max FA though, he could be in trouble.

Corey
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Great deal for Chicago, sucks for Boston.

I wanted NY to somehow get him on the sidelines for years now :(

Why does it suck for Boston? Doc's been hyping Thibs for three years now trying to get him a head coaching job on a quality team. Now that the opportunity rose, he grabbed it.

Boston's been playing the same defense for three years, he's great to have and he's great coming up with schemes, but we're a veteran team that knows our defense.

Not to mention we're going to start rebuilding in a year. This is a great time for him in the C's to part.

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
This is great for Thibs.

He's an awesome defensive coach, and knows how to handle big name guys.

If the Bulls miss out on a max FA though, he could be in trouble.

You have to think he knows something though if he rejected NO's offer to coach a top 5 player in the league and the fact that he's part of WWW :D

Chi City23
06-05-2010, 03:42 PM

Your sig made my day.. Thanks for the laugh :laugh2:

akay47
06-05-2010, 03:44 PM
You have to think he knows something though if he rejected NO's offer to coach a top 5 player in the league and the fact that he's part of WWW :D

Are you calling D. Rose a top 5 player or CP3? Both of them are definitely not top 5 players in the NBA, in no way would I put either ahead of Kobe, LeBron, DWade, Dwight, Melo, KD, D-Will...

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Are you calling D. Rose a top 5 player or CP3? Both of them are definitely not top 5 players in the NBA, in no way would I put either ahead of Kobe, LeBron, DWade, Dwight, Melo, KD, D-Will...

I'm clearly talking of CP3.
CP3 ABSOLUTELY is a top 5 player. Unless you are on crack. And given the fact that you actually believe Cleveland can pull off a S+T for either JJ or Bosh, I think my point is settled.
And CP3 is better than Dwight, Melo and D-will.
The fact that he was able to pull off a 30 PER last year and a 28.3 the year before settles that fact as well.
He's injury prone, but when healthy he's without a doubt top 5. I'd argue top 3 behind Lebron and Kobe. Him and Wade are pretty close statistically.

Stunner
06-05-2010, 03:50 PM

he talking about Lebron coming to chicago.

HouRealCoach
06-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Hopefully they get some great defensive players this year

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 03:56 PM
he talking about Lebron coming to chicago.

No I'm talking about CP3. Though as I reread the comment, I could see the confusion.
Obviously Rose isn't top 5.
Honestly, it amazes me how many people underrate the guy. Just look at his stats, they are unreal. In reality he should have at least one MVP award by now.

RaiderLakersA's
06-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I think a solid move by the Bulls. I always believed that a team can only go as far as a coach's vision and instruction.

tonyd3b54
06-05-2010, 04:02 PM
NO THIBS!!!! stay and be our coach through the rebuilding process!

Chi City23
06-05-2010, 04:02 PM
No I'm talking about CP3. Though as I reread the comment, I could see the confusion.
Honestly, it amazes me how many people underrate the guy. Just look at his stats, they are unreal. In reality he should have at least one MVP award by now.

It's all about 'What have you done for me lately" and because of the injuries CP3 in most people's mind has been a lesser player. I'm not disagreeing with you on CP3 being a top 5 player cuz I think you could put him anywhere from 3-8 and have valid reason to do so.

BigBlueCrew
06-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Good for Tom. i think if anyone finally deserves to be a head coach, he does.

Stunner
06-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Yeah CP3 is still the Best PG in the league to me even though he was injuried last year. D-Will was the best Last season but next year CP3 is back on top.

effen5
06-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Love this hiring. A coach thats defensive minded and championship experience. This signing alone should help bring us in some top FA's.

This is so much better then when we hired VDN and we were like WTF...

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 04:09 PM
It's all about 'What have you done for me lately" and because of the injuries CP3 in most people's mind has been a lesser player. I'm not disagreeing with you on CP3 being a top 5 player cuz I think you could put him anywhere from 3-8 and have valid reason to do so.

Meh...
The only player I'd CLEARLY put ahead of CP3 is Lebron.
It's hard to put kobe cause his season play was very meh lately and with him aging...
Though I'll put kobe ahead just for the sake of argument. No way anyone can put Dwight ahead imo. Just is not nearly enough of a reliable offensive weapon compared to some of these elite players. I'd put Durant and Wade and Paul in a 3 way tie. And that's about it. D-will has been nice lately, but he is still in another tier along with Roy and Melo.
I mean think about it, Paul had a season with a PER of 28.3 then 30.

PER has some issues, but pretty much if you have a 30, you are considered "runaway MVP candidate". Paul really is unreal.

Raoul Duke
06-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't know anything about him except what I've been hearing on ESPN for the last month, which makes it sound like Doc Rivers just naps is his office while Tib does all the work. One thing I know for sure is that he'll be filthy stinking rich, so good for him. he could very well do a terrible job, though.

B.JenningsMVP
06-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Love the signing... Bulls are the future w/ Rose x Noah x Big Name Free Agent
Can't wait to see Bulls Lakers finals :D haaaa

Chi City23
06-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Meh...
The only player I'd CLEARLY put ahead of CP3 is Lebron.
It's hard to put kobe cause his season play was very meh lately and with him aging...
Though I'll put kobe ahead just for the sake of argument. No way anyone can put Dwight ahead imo. Just is not nearly enough of a reliable offensive weapon compared to some of these elite players. I'd put Durant and Wade and Paul in a 3 way tie. And that's about it. D-will has been nice lately, but he is still in another tier along with Roy and Melo.
I mean think about it, Paul had a season with a PER of 28.3 then 30.

PER has some issues, but pretty much if you have a 30, you are considered "runaway MVP candidate". Paul really is unreal.

I wasn't really disagreeing with you.. I'm just saying that I can reason why some people think he isn't top 5. Personally I have him at #5 tied with DWill at the moment. DWill was awesome this year. Last year I did have CP3 ahead of DWill but I feel the gap is closing especially if CP3 continues to get injuried and if it starts to affect his play.

Faycem
06-05-2010, 04:18 PM
After 2 years, Chicago has a coach! Congrats to the bulls fans, their future looks promising.

Nocioni5
06-05-2010, 04:24 PM

Funniest sig so far! :laugh:

JordansBulls
06-05-2010, 04:24 PM
http://twitter.com/SamSmithHoops

Great signing by the Bulls. This gives even more incentive for either Lebron or Wade to join.

now lets see how good of a coach doc rivers really is

Sweet!!!

Fanthrwthknthn
06-05-2010, 04:27 PM

Im not reeally feeling your sig

kozelkid
06-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I wasn't really disagreeing with you.. I'm just saying that I can reason why some people think he isn't top 5. Personally I have him at #5 tied with DWill at the moment. DWill was awesome this year. Last year I did have CP3 ahead of DWill but I feel the gap is closing especially if CP3 continues to get injuried and if it starts to affect his play.

More than anything, I was really ticked off that someone would actually be shocked at the though of CP3 as a top 5 player.

fin_frenzy_84
06-05-2010, 04:58 PM

Why wouldnt help? I also head they got the same agent. Also by the way. TD and Gallo < Rose and Noah... You are a homer lol :D

Ray_R
06-05-2010, 05:04 PM

Sure he's great with the x's and o's on defense(I'm not go as far to talk about his offensive philosophy by reading an article)....

Assuming he will be a great HEAD coach because he was a great assistant is a little premature.

Now if he already had a great Head coaching resume then I would concede. But the way you guys are talking about the hire is hilarious.

Even though he was an assistant Boston did a great job on keeping KG PP and Allen Egos aside.

Ray_R
06-05-2010, 05:07 PM

He was Exposed in NY im glad we didnt sign him when we had the chance. Impretty sure Lebron would go to Miami before he goes to NY.

And you sig is wrong it should be NY Knicks< Joakim Noah:cool:

Raoul Duke
06-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Even though he was an assistant Boston did a great job on keeping KG PP and Allen Egos aside.

Michael Curry was a great assistant coach too. Look, I wish the guy all the best, but I'll wait for him to actually, y'know, be a head coach before I say he's awesome at it.

james21
06-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Why wouldnt help? I also head they got the same agent. Also by the way. TD and Gallo < Rose and Noah... You are a homer lol :D

This kills me by ny fans lol!! somebody should start a thread in the nba forum to see who would ppl start their franchise off with, rose,noah or gallo,td! LOL! only ny fans will pick td,gallo! lol!

fin_frenzy_84
06-05-2010, 05:16 PM
This kills me by ny fans lol!! somebody should start a thread in the nba forum to see who would ppl start their franchise off with, rose,noah or gallo,td! LOL! only ny fans will pick td,gallo! lol!

Oh I know my 11 year old brother knows more than 90 percent of the Knicks fans.

james21
06-05-2010, 05:26 PM

I bet no knick fan will answer that ? honestly, as much crap as they talk about the bulls,and heat. bron can't play with wade cuz of the ego, bron can't play with rose cuz of mj's shadow, and how rose plays, the only ppl bron can play with is Td, and gallo!!! lol!!! I hope we can atleast put the shadow thing to rest now, cause he did say the two colleges he would have went to , is ohio state and north carolina, so i think if he could handle being in mj's shadow at 17, I'm pretty sure he would be ok at 25! LOL!! gotta love ny fans!

Aussy4GM
06-05-2010, 05:34 PM

yeah because your boy d'antoni handles egos very well. he did a great job with marbury:facepalm:

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 05:39 PM
yeah because your boy d'antoni handles egos very well. he did a great job with marbury:facepalm:

Judging by the vaseline buffet marbury was cooking up D'antoni handled it as best he could. Marbury obviously had a few screws loose.

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Those three were already seasoned mature Vets.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-05-2010, 06:02 PM

If your brother is also a Bulls fan this statement is 100% wrong. No Knicks poster has ever claimed(outside of a joke) that TD and Gallo are more valuable then Noah and Rose. What we claim is that the cap space available to land another max FA makes our core more attractive. Get your facts straight.

Tufnel_11
06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Judging by the vaseline buffet marbury was cooking up D'antoni handled it as best he could. Marbury obviously had a few screws loose.

What about someone with a Rod Strickland card in his sig? Just yankin ya, I know what you mean. Starbury was a tool!

mikantsass
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Thibs will not be a good head coach. He is a great defensive coordinator, but thats it. I bet he doesnt last the 3 yrs of his contract. He is a hot head and once he starts yelling at the Bulls young players they will tune him out.

Cubsfan365
06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Rumor has it that Mo Cheeks and Ron Adams might join Thibodeau in Chicago...what a great day

magichatnumber9
06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
The Bulls don't hire coaches, they hire chew toys, and future scapegoats.

Cubsfan365
06-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Thibs will not be a good head coach. He is a great defensive coordinator, but thats it. I bet he doesnt last the 3 yrs of his contract. He is a hot head and once he starts yelling at the Bulls young players they will tune him out.
Someone sounds bitter.

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 06:17 PM
What about someone with a Rod Strickland card in his sig? Just yankin ya, I know what you mean. Starbury was a tool!

What's wrong with running rod strickland?

He is one of only 25 players in NBA history with over 10,000 points and over 5,000 assists. Kid was nasty and from the boogie down....LOL

I'm telling you Look out for rod Strickland... He is going to be a college head coach soon enough.

Ezekial
06-05-2010, 06:25 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Defensively minded coach with offensively talented players.

DMasta718
06-05-2010, 06:25 PM

Generalizations of NY fans continue.

Just because 1 person thinks that doesn't mean the whole fanbase thinks that.

Either way, Congrats to the Bulls and Tom. Been wanting Tom to be a defensive assistant for the Knicks but he deserves the Head Coach job

bodupp311
06-05-2010, 07:03 PM

yes we know mikantass, EVERYTHING Bulls will turn out horrible, so why do you post in Bulls related threads?

Sergio1984
06-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Generalizations of NY fans continue.

Just because 1 person thinks that doesn't mean the whole fanbase thinks that.

Either way, Congrats to the Bulls and Tim. Been wanting Tim to be a defensive assistant for the Knicks but he deserves the Head Coach job

Tom :D

DMasta718
06-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Tom :D

I dunno what I was thinking lol. Thanks for pointing that out

bkmikeyy
06-05-2010, 07:34 PM
the whole douglas and gallo > rose and noah thing is obviously a joke. Bulls fans have been coming into Knicks forums for a while now to convince how their star studded line up is ideal for lebron and that the knicks have nothing. So i'm sure that sig was just a joke people need to relax.

basketfan4life
06-05-2010, 07:39 PM
hahaaha, someone ranking kobe higher then c.paul for the sake of the argument...people here can be funny at will,hahaha....

jeter 2
06-05-2010, 07:52 PM
What happened to John Calipari?

dtmagnet
06-05-2010, 07:56 PM

Why is your signature Derrick Rose goaltending Chauncy Billups? Just curious.

ldc62
06-05-2010, 08:12 PM
No credit better be given to him if he has Rose, Noah, Lebron and Bosh and the Bulls don't even make the finals next year. Tom Thibodeau is kinda overrated. How great were his defensive schemes in 2007? Not good at all. Anyone can do well with good players. Can't wait to see if he flops or not.

netsgiantsyanks
06-05-2010, 08:27 PM

i will

showtym24
06-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Great hire IMO

GSRaider
06-05-2010, 09:23 PM
wish my warriors got thibodeau

Bulls_fan90
06-05-2010, 09:52 PM
No credit better be given to him if he has Rose, Noah, Lebron and Bosh and the Bulls don't even make the finals next year. Tom Thibodeau is kinda overrated. How great were his defensive schemes in 2007? Not good at all. Anyone can do well with good players. Can't wait to see if he flops or not.

You obviously have no idea what your talking about. Tom Thibodeau signed in the 2007 offseason with the Celtics. That was the same offseason that the big three were formed. Prior to working with the Celtics Thibodeau had helped the Rockets rank among the top five in the NBA in scoring defense and field goal percentage defense in each of the past four campaigns. http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press083007-thibodeau.html
Check your facts before making a fool out of yourself.

RocketsRule
06-05-2010, 09:59 PM
You obviously have no idea what your talking about. Tom Thibodeau signed in the 2007 offseason with the Celtics. That was the same offseason that the big three were formed. Prior to working with the Celtics Thibodeau had helped the Rockets rank among the top five in the NBA in scoring defense and field goal percentage defense in each of the past four campaigns. http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press083007-thibodeau.html

It's true, he was working with JVG (a great defensive coach) and it seems that he taught him well.

I'm not worried at all about Tom Thibodeau's defensive abilities, in fact, no one should be. I would be surprised if the Bulls were not a top defensive team in the league next year, that's how much faith I have in him. It's the offensive schemes and plays that I would be worried about if I were Bulls fans.

ldc62
06-05-2010, 10:03 PM

looks like I was wrong... I'm man enough to admit it.

Wilson
06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
It's true, he was working with JVG (a great defensive coach) and it seems that he taught him well.

I'm not worried at all about Tom Thibodeau's defensive abilities, in fact, no one should be. I would be surprised if the Bulls were not a top defensive team in the league next year, that's how much faith I have in him. It's the offensive schemes and plays that I would be worried about if I were Bulls fans.

Me too. This could end up being a similar situation to the Cavs with Mike Brown, who himself is a great defensive coach but doesn't have a clue offensively.

Either way, the Bulls are shaping up to be interesting next season.

Bulls_fan90
06-05-2010, 10:06 PM
looks like I was wrong... I'm man enough to admit it.

Sorry for being harsh :cheers:

hugepatsfan
06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I think he might sturggle with the defensive personnel in CHI. He doesn't have a dominant low post defender (Noah is more of a rotating team defense type of guy than a man defender). Noah will need to bulk up for this to be a good hire, IMO.

fin_frenzy_84
06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
If your brother is also a Bulls fan this statement is 100% wrong. No Knicks poster has ever claimed(outside of a joke) that TD and Gallo are more valuable then Noah and Rose. What we claim is that the cap space available to land another max FA makes our core more attractive. Get your facts straight.

He didnt say anything about cap space.. All he said is TD/Gallo > Rose/Noah...
Get your facts straight... He is a homer!!!

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 12:19 AM
hahaaha, someone ranking kobe higher then c.paul for the sake of the argument...people here can be funny at will,hahaha....

Almost as funny as Laker fans who actually believe Kobe is anywhere near MJ or even Duncan for that matter.

kozelkid
06-06-2010, 12:21 AM

Personally I'm more concerned about him overworking and burning out. And taking each loss too serious to pretty much a point to a nervous breakdown. Similar to Doug Collins.
I was originally concerned with his offense, but I have heard good stuff and the fact that when he was originally hired as an assistant coach, it was for offensive.

PrettyBoyJ
06-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Good hire.. I think he will Help Develop Noah to a better post scorer..

Draco
06-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Cool.. thanks Boston. Do me another favor and knock the Lakers out of the Finals please.

Draco
06-06-2010, 02:54 AM
yes we know mikantass, EVERYTHING Bulls will turn out horrible, so why do you post in Bulls related threads?

lol

DitchDat
06-06-2010, 07:38 AM
damn I hate to see Thibs go, but I wish him the best of luck

Lil Rhody
06-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Good luck Tom Thibodeau..... Great signing for the Bulls...... I hope he can get things done for all you Bulls fans with that good young core. Maybe this solidifies the Celtics Bulls rivalry that has been getting a spark to it.

Wilson
06-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Good hire.. I think he will Help Develop Noah to a better post scorer..

Why? Thib is a defensive coach, if anything he'll just maximize and enhance Noah's defensive ability...

quade36
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM

Love the sig. My favorite dunk......

MJ-BULLS
06-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I love this hire, thibs i think will succeeded here in Chicago.

artest_kobe
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
well you can officially rule out lebron to chi-town now with this signing.

Chi City23
06-06-2010, 12:48 PM
well you can officially rule out lebron to chi-town now with this signing.

Why because the Bulls hired the guy responsible for designing the defense that knocked Lebron out of the playoffs 2 out of the past 3 years? Oh, and also took Orlando to 7 games last year WITHOUT KG.. :eyebrow:

Southsideheat
06-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Interesting that the Bulls got the one man that designed the scheme to stop Lebron this past season. Why wouldn't Lebron want to be on his team?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Now this is a good coach. I expect the Bulls to be higher in the rankings next year.

I also think this means that the Celtics will not be as good.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Interesting that the Bulls got the one man that designed the scheme to stop Lebron this past season. Why wouldn't Lebron want to be on his team?

Cuz he's one of the few that can get his players stop Lebron.

If Lebron joins forces with him, that's 1 less team Lebron has to worry about.

Chi City23
06-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Now this is a good coach. I expect the Bulls to be higher in the rankings next year.

I also think this means that the Celtics will not be as good.

So does this mean your on the Bulls nuts now that you lost that sig bet with D Roses Bulls? :laugh2:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-06-2010, 01:00 PM
So does this mean your on the Bulls nuts now that you lost that sig bet with D Roses Bulls? :laugh2:

I've been on the Bulls nuts. I was some nut massaging to Bulls fans earlier this year.

But if Lebron went to the Bulls, I would be on my knees with my mouth open wide.

Chi City23
06-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I've been on the Bulls nuts. I was some nut massaging to Bulls fans earlier this year.

But if Lebron went to the Bulls, I would be on my knees with my mouth open wide.

THE MTL
06-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I dont think it helps them sign free agents especially since this is his first head coaching position. However, Chicago sure has the length to be pretty good defensively which should work out for this coach.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 02:30 PM

it takes some balls to say that