PDA

View Full Version : Being able to play for the team you grew up loving

the nightman
06-05-2010, 03:22 AM
I really doubt I'm alone on this subject. Growing up, I absolutely loved baseball. I loved basketball too, but baseball was my number one sport. Watching the yankees teams of that era was incredible. I idolized all the players on those teams. Jeter, Bernie, all of them. I dreamed of playing for the team. Still to this day I wish I had the ability to play for the team, and you know what? I would take a massive paycut to play for them. I would give up a lot of cash to be able to play for the team I loved.

I know this may not seem exactly relevant to basketball, but it is. People underestimate this fact in free agency. Take LeBron for example. He grew up loving the bulls and idolizing Michael Jordan. Imagine being already rich and having the ability to play for and win a championship with the team you grew up loving. Being able to play for the very same team that Michael played for, the one you grew up loving. I think this really has a bigger factor than most people think. This is one of the reasons I think LeBron is going to Chicago. This could have a big effect on other free agent too. I could see Bosh possibly going to Dallas or Houston. It may be a long shot, but you never know.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-05-2010, 03:28 AM
Um, if I play for the Warriors, I would gas out.

Though, it'd be fun to jack up a bunch of jump shots.

asandhu23
06-05-2010, 03:33 AM
Nah, I would much rather coach my Warriors.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Why not own the franchise as of now if there are no buyers?