PDA

View Full Version : Teams that could use Hedo Turkoglu

Rapsjaysleafs
06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
We all know what Hedo is capable of doing if in the right situation (Orlando Magic finals run) and we have seen what he does when he is not in the right situation (Toronto Raptors).

With that being said which team or teams out there could really use Hedo to maybe take them to the next level?

PLAYERS FAN
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
We all know what Hedo is capable of doing if in the right situation (Orlando Magic finals run) and we have seen what he does when he is not in the right situation (Toronto Raptors).

With that being said which team or teams out there could really use Hedo to maybe take them to the next level?

Orlando :laugh2:

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Orlando :laugh2:

Haha yeah, this.

Rapsjaysleafs
06-04-2010, 05:32 PM
If they hadn't given him up he would have been great there.
Had he went to Portland he would have done just as poorly as he did in Toronto IMO.

So where could he actually go?

Twolves88
06-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Orlando
Phoenix, steve nash + kickouts to hedo and his passing :speechless:

Otherwise, generally he would excel in run and gun teams.

Ray_R
06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Turkey

shep33
06-04-2010, 05:42 PM
VC for Hedo...

asandhu23
06-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Who's Hedo Turkaglu?

ChiSox219
06-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Turkey

^

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Who's Hedo Turkaglu?

ball

DeyAce
06-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Portland

RocketsRule
06-04-2010, 05:51 PM
It would have to be a team that needs someone to make plays and create on the offensive end. Orlando is one of those teams, but I can see teams like San Antonio or maybe even the Hawks/Blazers.

Shadee
06-04-2010, 05:52 PM
We would like him back in Orlando

Rapsjaysleafs
06-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Would he want to go back to Orlando?
I do not think he would work well with Brandon Roy because Roy excels with the ball as does Hedo.
Hawks would be a good team as they will not keep JJ.

Litchris12
06-04-2010, 06:03 PM
orlando

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Hawks would be a good team as they will not keep JJ.

So says the Bosh-less Raptors fan. No to Hedo.

Rapsjaysleafs
06-04-2010, 06:10 PM
That was not a jab at the Hawk AT ALL. Stating what I thought was common knowledge. People speak like there is a tiny TINY chance Bosh will stay (I do not think he will) but I have not hear anyone say JJ is staying.
I should have said IF JJ leaves Hedo would be a good fit in ATL.

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 06:20 PM
That was not a jab at the Hawk AT ALL. Stating what I thought was common knowledge. People speak like there is a tiny TINY chance Bosh will stay (I do not think he will) but I have not hear anyone say JJ is staying.
I should have said IF JJ leaves Hedo would be a good fit in ATL.

Well since no one cares about the Hawks on ESPN, and all the way down to the forums where Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, and Lebron fans are the masses, there really isn't any news that is talked about on the Hawks point of view. They just think since JJ is a free agent he wouldn't come back. Well I don't care if he comes back or not, but he can get max here. We won 50+ games. 3rd seed in the East. It was mainly the star's fault we lost in the playoffs, and last I check he is wanting to be treated like one. Plus JJ WANTED to come to ATL back when we signed and traded for him.

I think since him and Lebron are buddies he should spend more time talking him into coming to the ATL in a sign and trade and get the MAX, since we have better trade pieces than anyone else can offer them in a sign and trade without giving up our team core(we can trade Josh Smith/Al Horford/Marvin Williams/Crawford/Picks).

We would still have:

Bibby
Joe Johnson
Lebron James
Al Horford or Josh Smith
Zaza

That looks damn good, but the only problem some may think this is crazy is because ESPN doesn't have a pitch for ATL. Just Knicks, Bulls, and Heat. The media seems to be forcing Lebron somewhere, and are killing the Cavs in the process.

dolphan
06-04-2010, 06:22 PM
For some reason i can see him fitting in nicely with the Lakers. ?

RNess78c
06-04-2010, 06:23 PM
back to turkey or raptors will just waste money! nobody wants that contract only way he GO's is if he gets released

Had he went to Portland he would have done just as poorly as he did in Toronto IMO.

Doubt it are fans dont boo are players thats why he said he was out of it..and you wouldnt know what he would have done you cant predict anything.... im just glad his wife chose toronto so we didnt waste that money

Raptors will be rebuilding and the nets team looks way better at this point the team is bosh-less and bosh will most likely be in MIA or in NYC

FarOutIos
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
It would have to be a team that needs someone to make plays and create on the offensive end. Orlando is one of those teams, but I can see teams like San Antonio or maybe even the Hawks/Blazers.

Definitely a contender... I like the San Antonio pick. Also, Dallas seems like a good fit. Phoenix. Maybe even Miami or the Knicks depending on who else they sign.

The bigger question is which contender isn't he a good fit for? On the lakers he'd provide the 3 pt shooting that wins championships.

dolphan
06-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I Think he has a very high ceiling, but there is no way hes going to reach his full potential with the raptors.

Trust me after watching 82 raptors games i know all their flaws.

SteveNash
06-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Chicago
Orlando
San Antonio

Rapsjaysleafs
06-04-2010, 06:35 PM
He needs the ball though.
He got the ball a bunch in Orlando through kick outs from Dwight, also got open from Dwights picks.
He got to control the ball a lot which he would not be able to do in some teams and he was not able to do in Toronto which is why he was not as effective.

As far as us booing him, anyone would have booed someone making 10 Million per and playing like he did. Just like any other sports city we expect results.
Even the Hawks booed their players in the playoffs. We just expect results if we pay for a product!

Ray_R
06-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Chicago
Orlando
San Antonio

We have enough overpayed players.

Chronz
06-04-2010, 06:49 PM
What did we see last year? There are a **** load of players who could pull off what Hedo did last year and not thrive in that situation.

kj_
06-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Orlando
Phoenix, steve nash + kickouts to hedo and his passing :speechless:

Otherwise, generally he would excel in run and gun teams.

Nash would make anyone better...true, but Turk would complain he doesn't have the ball in his hands enough. He needs to be on a team with a point guard that does not run the offense or need the ball. Turk was at his absolute best when Jameer was injured. He is a point forward along the lines of Roy, Wade, Kobe, LeBron... only no where near as good (he thinks he is though). I'm not sure he fits anywhere well without adjusting his role. If he has the ball as much as wants it...the team will not be that good. If he is required to play off the ball more, the team will be better but he'll suck out, whine and become a cancer. I'm not sure there's and GM that makes a move for him.

Maybe the Knicks if they only land a power forward in FA. They'll need someone to facilitate the offence.

I'd like to see him go to Utah or San Antonio and get benched by Sloan or Pop...oh wait, that already happened in San Antonio. That sould have been a red flag for Colangelo. If Pop ships you out, there must be a reason.

D1JM
06-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Chicago
Orlando
San Antonio

y chicago?

Mc Lovin
06-04-2010, 07:21 PM
He'd be perfect in Boston off the bench.

kj_
06-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Definitely a contender... I like the San Antonio pick. Also, Dallas seems like a good fit. Phoenix. Maybe even Miami or the Knicks depending on who else they sign.

The bigger question is which contender isn't he a good fit for? On the lakers he'd provide the 3 pt shooting that wins championships.

If being the 59th best 3pt shooter (where he was last year) wins championships... why not get one of the 58 better shooters.

Well, last year was a down year...let's look at the season before...What? He was actually worse. He was the 95th best 3pt shooter in the league.

I believe the big myth is that Hedo had a down year last year...not really. He was right around his career numbers. They just aren't that good. He's basically a 41% fg, 38% ft, 14pt, 3ast, 4 reb guy. That's about what did last year and about what he'll do in the future. Problem is, he thinks he's a star. Everyone remembers last years playoffs, that was the anomally.

Lions #81
06-04-2010, 07:30 PM
prince for Hedo. Det needs a man who can run the offense. It would help stuckeys developement

SA5195
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
prince for Hedo. Det needs a man who can run the offense. It would help stuckeys developement

I would love Prince with the Raps.

D1JM
06-04-2010, 07:39 PM
If being the 59th best 3pt shooter (where he was last year) wins championships... why not get one of the 58 better shooters.

Well, last year was a down year...let's look at the season before...What? He was actually worse. He was the 95th best 3pt shooter in the league.

I believe the big myth is that Hedo had a down year last year...not really. He was right around his career numbers. They just aren't that good. He's basically a 41% fg, 38% ft, 14pt, 3ast, 4 reb guy. That's about what did last year and about what he'll do in the future. Problem is, he thinks he's a star. Everyone remembers last years playoffs, that was the anomally.

hedo's numbers had been terrible all of long. Plus, he has no defence

kj_
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM

Call Joe...I'll call Brian...Let's get this thing done.

blah-blah
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM

id do that in a heartbeat

dodie53
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM
suns

SteveNash
06-04-2010, 08:10 PM
y chicago?

Rose and Hinrich are more shooting guards than point guards, Hedo being more of a distributor would help the team out a lot.

smith&wesson
06-04-2010, 08:14 PM
if bosh goes to the knicks, turk will go with him.

Dol-Fan
06-04-2010, 08:17 PM

That would actually be a really good trade for both teams. Good call.

dtmagnet
06-04-2010, 08:28 PM

I remember rumours of that trade at the deadline.

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Raps should jump all over this.

Sly Guy
06-04-2010, 08:33 PM

I don't think there's been one negative response with regards to it. Except maybe dumars and his gun-shy attitude.

sventhedog
06-04-2010, 08:36 PM
76ers. iverson and hedo will dominate parties every night.

diu9leilomo
06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
bobcats, trade him for diaw

YourTeamSucks
06-04-2010, 08:45 PM
no for saying hedo is better than vc and nelson, that's why i said you'll see come june, because it will be those two guys that will be the difference in the magic-lakers series, should we get there again.

haha suck that!

SA5195
06-04-2010, 08:51 PM

I've been wanting a Hedo for Prince swap for a couple of months. Just wish it was true. :sigh:

YourTeamSucks
06-04-2010, 08:58 PM
hedo was an inconsistent pos. Yeah he hit some game winners, but orl wouldnt have even be in that position so much if he wasn't so damn lazy and sloppy all the time. He shows up for one above average series, and all a sudden he's magic johnson, lol. Hedo is the definition of overrated. Never mind that all of this is irrelevent tho, becuz the team is clearly much better right now. Much more consistent with jameer & vc as opposed to skip & hedo(which was/is obvious to any competent nba fan).

hedo was a better fit but i like yall to win it because your bench is deeper/better than la and last year you guys just missed easy shots

haha

HouRealCoach
06-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Turk shouldve went to Portland and told his wife thats its just business

LA_Raiders
06-04-2010, 11:51 PM
the harlem globetrotters

thedfactor
06-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Hedo to Charlotte for Diaw makes a lot of sense.

shen
06-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Phoenix..... Mercury.

Portland don't want him, most of us didn't when we thought he was signing here.

ink
06-05-2010, 04:11 AM

Best I've heard so far even though Diaw is not really what we need either. Better than the Arenas rumours.

DitchDat
06-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Detroit

DitchDat
06-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Turk shouldve went to Portland and told his wife thats its just business

It would not have been a good fit either. Roy is their ball-handler when he is healthy. Andre Miller had a great year, but the last thing they need is someone to take the ball away from Roy. Blazers need dependable bigs.

DitchDat
06-05-2010, 05:05 AM
I remember rumours of that trade at the deadline.

Yeah I believe the Raps offered Turk and a filler for Prince... Detroit should have dont that.

tribalpinoy
06-05-2010, 06:33 AM
He'd be perfect in Boston off the bench.

Maybe if Ray Allen leaves.

FarOutIos
06-05-2010, 07:20 AM

Now are you basing the ranking on 3 pt shooting %? If so, I would still say that begin the 59th best % wise isn't bad. Consider, some of those above him shoot much fewer times than he does. Also, he is a more complete offensive player, with his ability to drive and pass.

Now his numbers are down a little from when he played on my kings, and I haven't paid that much attention to his stats. But still at 59th best shooting % he is basically the 2nd best 3pt shooter on average on a team. Not bad. Which is why many teams could use him.

Would he be a major contributor to a contender. Probably not. But most could still use him.

Mplsman
06-05-2010, 08:30 AM
How much is his contract?

kj_
06-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Now are you basing the ranking on 3 pt shooting %? If so, I would still say that begin the 59th best % wise isn't bad. Consider, some of those above him shoot much fewer times than he does. Also, he is a more complete offensive player, with his ability to drive and pass.

Now his numbers are down a little from when he played on my kings, and I haven't paid that much attention to his stats. But still at 59th best shooting % he is basically the 2nd best 3pt shooter on average on a team. Not bad. Which is why many teams could use him.

Would he be a major contributor to a contender. Probably not. But most could still use him.

The problem being that Turk demands the ball and wants to run the offence and if he doesn't get it he'll sulk and complain. He would make a rock solid roll player on a contender but he has shown he's not willing to take on that type of roll. No contender is going to hand this 41% shooting, slow footed (couldn't get to the rim last year) guy the keys to their offense.

smith&wesson
06-05-2010, 01:46 PM
turk for prince sounds like an equal trade for both sides.

dtmagnet
06-05-2010, 01:57 PM

It only makes sense if the Raptors get a nice scoring guard.

Kakaroach
06-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Again, just like most questions we won't know until the insane free agency ends. Nobody will want to trade for him until they see where all the free agents go and then decide what to do with their players.

Ragun
06-05-2010, 02:06 PM
It only makes sense if the Raptors get a nice scoring guard.

who cares about that right now...we get rid of hedo tahts all that matters.

SpeedyRecovery
06-05-2010, 02:10 PM
if the heat still lack a pg he would do well in there setting up plays for wade.. that is if wade stays there

Ragun
06-05-2010, 02:31 PM
he would be useful for a team like atlanta, OKC, orlando, Milwaukee, miami, dallas or even chicago...teams that dont have true playmakers.

IversonIsKrazy
06-05-2010, 03:09 PM
A team that lacks a PG. So he could excel as a Point-Foward

Kakaroach
06-05-2010, 03:10 PM
A team that lacks a PG. So he could excel as a Point-Foward Not that lacks a PG, just a playmaking PG. He fits in very well with guys like Jameer Nelson but he just isn't effective with guys like Jose Calderon.

SeoulBeatz
06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
go back to orlando0

97NYer
06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
The Turkish national team.

RocketsRule
06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Not that lacks a PG, just a playmaking PG. He fits in very well with guys like Jameer Nelson but he just isn't effective with guys like Jose Calderon.

Agreed, which is why I think he could fit well in San Antonio. Parker and Hill are more scoring guards which could leave the play-making to Hedo. Not sure if the Spurs would be interested or if they have anything of interest to the Raptors though.

Kakaroach
06-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Agreed, which is why I think he could fit well in San Antonio. Parker and Hill are more scoring guards which could leave the play-making to Hedo. Not sure if the Spurs would be interested or if they have anything of interest to the Raptors though. Agreed again. :) I'm sure they could work with Jefferson's expiring contract. Question is would the Spurs be willing to take that risk?

RaiderLakersA's
06-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Golden State or Charlotte.

tjay34
06-05-2010, 04:14 PM

alexander_37
06-05-2010, 04:45 PM
The D-league.

FarOutIos
06-05-2010, 05:27 PM
The problem being that Turk demands the ball and wants to run the offence and if he doesn't get it he'll sulk and complain. He would make a rock solid roll player on a contender but he has shown he's not willing to take on that type of roll. No contender is going to hand this 41% shooting, slow footed (couldn't get to the rim last year) guy the keys to their offense.

You may be right there... to be honest, I haven't watched him play much since he left sacramento (my team). At that time, he didn't act that way, though.

I will say that you keep in mind that the 41% fg shooting is weighted with the fact that he shoots so many 3pt shots. His true fg% would probably be closer to 45% with the numbers adjusted.

Anyway, he obviously isn't the most athletic player out there. But I still say that he could be useful as that role player on a team. Wether or not he would be willing to take on that role, we don't know, as he hasn't been given that opportunity yet.

I think the teams he has been on have needed/expected him to provide an offensive punch on the team. So perhaps his ball hog traits that you mention are a result of pressure on him to perform offensively.

He obviously didn't ball hog here in sacramento...