PDA

View Full Version : Shaq issues challenge to spelling bee champion

bears88
06-04-2010, 04:42 PM
WASHINGTON -- Basketball great Shaquille O'Neal will try to add another championship title to his resume: spelling champion.

The hoops star challenged last year's Scripps National Spelling Bee champion, 14-year-old Kavya Shivashankar, to a spell-off on Friday

O'Neal made an impromptu appearance at the hotel where the bee is under way this week. He challenged Shivashankar onstage after the sixth round of semifinals.

She accepted his challenge, even allowing him two misspelled words, warning him she beat Jimmy Kimmel in a similar challenge last year.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" she asked O'Neal, the tallest person in the ballroom. "I did win the national spelling bee last year."

"Keep in mind I have my bachelor's and master's, and I'm ready to go," he said.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/shaq-issues-challenge-to-spelling-bee-champion.html

jacquewho?
06-04-2010, 04:43 PM
:laugh: :laugh: Classic. I wish the NBA had more players with such great off-the-court personalities as Shaq, would really give the NBA a better image instead of just the regular "NBA Cares" commercials. Random stuff like this stands out more.

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Shaq has a Bachelor's? And a Master's? Unlikely...

Avenged
06-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Good stuff :up:

He's having trouble banging with the big boys so he's going after 14 year old girls. ;)

bears88
06-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Good stuff :up:

He's having trouble banging with the big boys so he's going after 14 year old girls. ;)

LOL now thats funny

whitemamba33
06-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Shaq has a Bachelor's? And a Master's? Unlikely...

Very likely. In fact, true.

asandhu23
06-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Careful Shaq, you are messing with Indians and their spelling skills. you should see some of the names in Southern India. I would be really afraid of any person who lives in the city of Thiruvananthapuram

shep33
06-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Shaq will dunk on the Spelling Bee Champ... rephrase that... Shaq will dunk the Spelling Bee champ if he loses.

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Very likely. In fact, true.

When he got his business degree from LSU in 2000, he fulfilled a promise made to his mother, Lucille Harrison. He later received his masters degree in business administration from the University of Phoenix (6/25/05) and is planning to earn a doctorate in psychology.

Technically, yes...but come on, University of Phoenix?

valade16
06-04-2010, 05:31 PM
When he got his business degree from LSU in 2000, he fulfilled a promise made to his mother, Lucille Harrison. He later received his masters degree in business administration from the University of Phoenix (6/25/05) and is planning to earn a doctorate in psychology.

Technically, yes...but come on, University of Phoenix?

Do you even have a Masters? :eyebrow:

Either way, a Masters degree is nothing to belittle. Besides, even if you got a doctorate your lifetime earnings are still going to be roughly .1% of Shaqs, so I guess he has the last laugh.

igPay atinLay
06-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I gotta give Shaq respect for this...He can't compete with her but I gotta respect the challenge.

To challenge someone at what they do best is great.

Twolves88
06-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Maybe after they can have a free throw shooting contest:facepalm:

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Do you even have a Masters? :eyebrow:

Either way, a Masters degree is nothing to belittle. Besides, even if you got a doctorate your lifetime earnings are still going to be roughly .1% of Shaqs, so I guess he has the last laugh.

No, but I'm in grad school. And University of Phoenix is a joke. But I guess if I were playing in the NBA I probably wouldn't have time for school either.

BradyIsTheMan12
06-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I wonder if she can spell Shaqtus

Bashna
06-04-2010, 06:42 PM
University of Phoenix IS a joke... It's a revolving door college.