PDA

View Full Version : Ferry to resign as Cavaliers GM

nygiants242
06-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry is close to parting ways with the franchise less than two weeks after the dismissal of coach Mike Brown, triggering a dramatic reshaping of the team’s brain trust as it desperately tries to retain LeBron James(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ferry’s contract ends this summer. He had said after the Cavaliers’ second-round loss to the Boston Celtics that he would speak with owner Dan Gilbert to decide whether it was best for him to continue as GM. Gilbert seemed open to having him stay, but Ferry, who was disappointed about having to fire Brown, a close confidante from their days with the San Antonio Spurs, decided to leave less than a month before James becomes a free agent.

Assistant GM Chris Grant is expected to take over for Ferry.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ak7TVAr5jnoKAT1.p2AIPZC8vLYF?slug=ys-ferrycavaliers060410

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Yikes. Not a good sign for Cleveland when they're trying to keep their core (LeBron) together.

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Wow, looking like the Cavs-Lebron relationship is done. The fans are going to resign as well, to where Lebron is going.:D

LA_Raiders
06-04-2010, 01:39 PM
looks like LeBroom is out of the pic for Clev...

JNA17
06-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I officially guarantee that lebron leaves the cavs after this news. The only bright spot the cavs had if lebron left or to have the cavs keep lebron, was that Ferry was the gm, now that he's not. It's over.

Southsideheat
06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I think this helps the Cavs chances for Lebron.

coloradobuff
06-04-2010, 01:56 PM
he should..

Reyes6
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Isn't it funny how the words resign and re-sign are spelled the same but mean the complete opposite?

ManRam
06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah. I think this could help. Ferry did squat really in helping him out. The best he did was bring in Shaq (the oldest player in the league), Mo (a joke in the playoffs) and Tawn (who's old too, and had no time to fit in). Depending on who they find to replace Ferry, it might actually encourage him to stay.

JordanPippen
06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't know... couldn't this just be cleveland doing everything they can to retain LeBron? First off, I'm calling BS on Danny Ferry resigning on his own accord. I'm sure Dan Gilbert wasn't going to extend his contract anyway, and in order for all parties to maintain face, they had Ferry "voluntarily" step down.

Besides the money, the Cavaliers team doesn't have much to pitch at LeBron except that they're making changes in the front office. That's the only thing they can do, because it's not like they can alter the roster much. So the pitch would be: "Listen we fired Mike Brown and Danny Ferry because they didn't get the job done.... blah blah blah"

JNA17
06-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Isn't it funny how the words resign and re-sign are spelled the same but mean the complete opposite?

:laugh2:

prodigy
06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I love Chris Grant, He will do a very good Job as GM. Lebron also respects him. ( I've seen them talk quite a bit before games.) Good relationship.

He's also the mastermind Behind the scenes if you will. Very smart man. Does most of the scouting in trades, FA's and drafts.

Also spearheaded the design and construction of the Cavaliers’ state-of-the-art player development center, Cleveland Clinic Courts.

prodigy
06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't know... couldn't this just be Cleveland doing everything they can to retain LeBron? First off, I'm calling BS on Danny Ferry resigning on his own accord. I'm sure Dan Gilbert wasn't going to extend his contract anyway, and in order for all parties to maintain face, they had Ferry "voluntarily" step down.

Besides the money, the Cavaliers team doesn't have much to pitch at LeBron except that they're making changes in the front office. That's the only thing they can do, because it's not like they can alter the roster much. So the pitch would be: "Listen we fired Mike Brown and Danny Ferry because they didn't get the job done.... blah blah blah"

No they have more then that. They have many trade pieces they could use to obtain Bosh or JJ. more likely JJ.

Southsideheat
06-04-2010, 02:21 PM
no they have more then that. They have many trade pieces they could use to obtain bosh or jj. More likely jj.

hahaha

nycericanguy
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
No they have more then that. They have many trade pieces they could use to obtain Bosh or JJ. more likely JJ.

Cavs have very little to offer any team, AV is good, but not at that contract and he's only valuable to a contending team.

No draft picks, no salary cap space... Hickson is their biggest trade chip.

The ChILL
06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Everything is going to plan. LeBron will be a player, the coach and the GM and get max dollars to do all 3...

RaiderLakersA's
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Did he list "Not getting Amar'e when I had a chance," as one of his reasons for leaving?

ManRam
06-04-2010, 02:57 PM

Like what?

mia305king
06-04-2010, 02:59 PM
hahaha

x2

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Cavs have very little to offer any team, AV is good, but not at that contract and he's only valuable to a contending team.

You know you're ****ed when Hickson is your biggest trading piece.
Personally I make nothing of this. Ferry is a pretty bad gm imo. I think Lebron could have had AT LEAST one ring by now if they had a more competent gm.

prodigy
06-04-2010, 03:09 PM

Well the Hawks or Raps will want something in return for their guys.

Raptors They want to get rid of Turk and his 4 years. Cavs would have to suck up that contract. But Bosh would make more money threw sign and trade.

Bosh/Turk= little over 26million

for

Jamison( only 2 years)
West(Expiring 4 million, but still young and could be resigned by the Raps.)
Moon(2 million, then 3 million expiring in 2011-2012)
Cash (lots)

I could even see Green and future draft picks thrown in. But if the raps really want Hickson, Then it could be done. Will be tough to match up contracts without Giving up to many players. But more then possible.

Hawks(more likely) After the comments JJ made it seems very unlikely he returns. So of course the Hawks would like to get something in return. Joe Johnson would also like a sign and trade because of the extra money.

JJ

for

Jamison
Hickson
West
Future picks.

Cavs still have the expirings of Powe, Telfair, Green, parker, J. Williams, Bird rights of Z and Wally they could play with.

akay47
06-04-2010, 03:14 PM
hahaha

How is that funny? Wouldn't Atlanta rather get assets for Joe Johnson instead of letting him walk for free? You're telling me Atlanta wouldn't accept a deal involving:

Delonte West (expiring, but still a young good player)
Moon (Expiring) or Anthony Parker (expiring)
JJ Hickson or Andy V or Antawn Jamison
Cash

Cavs have assets to make a S&T possible

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Well the Hawks or Raps will want something in return for their guys.

Raptors They want to get rid of Turk and his 4 years. Cavs would have to suck up that contract. But Bosh would make more money threw sign and trade.

Bosh/Turk= little over 26million

for

Jamison( only 2 years)
West(Expiring 4 million, but still young and could be resigned by the Raps.)
Moon(2 million, then 3 million expiring in 2011-2012)
Cash (lots)

I could even see Green and future draft picks thrown in. But if the raps really want Hickson, Then it could be done. Will be tough to match up contracts without Giving up to many players. But more then possible.

Hawks(more likely) After the comments JJ made it seems very unlikely he returns. So of course the Hawks would like to get something in return. Joe Johnson would also like a sign and trade because of the extra money.

JJ

for

Jamison
Hickson
West
Future picks.

Cavs still have the expirings of Powe, Telfair, Green, parker, J. Williams, Bird rights of Z and Wally they could play with.

Meanwhile a team like NY has Gallo, Chandler, and Douglas. Bulls have Deng, Kirk, Noah, Taj and Mia has at least Beasley... And can absorb contracts. In reality, Cleveland doesn't have a prayer to get either via S+T.
Not to mention, Joe Johnson would exactly help Lebron get over the hump considering how much of a choker he is in the playoffs as well.

Hotone1401
06-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I think this helps the Cavs chances for Lebron.

Wrong. I think this is a sign that Lebron and his agent will be pushing for a sign and trade deal. I heard somewhere on ESPN radio that Ferry just didn't want to be known throughout history to be the guy that traded Lebron. He has said in the past that trading Lebron is not an option and he would rather have him walk and get nothing in return. I believe this points to Lebron leaving Cleveland but nobody really knows but him.

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 03:16 PM
How is that funny? Wouldn't Atlanta rather get assets for Joe Johnson instead of letting him walk for free? You're telling me Atlanta wouldn't accept a deal involving:

Cash

Pretty much every team does. But once again, Cavs do not have a chance at beating out another team's offer in a S+T.
Not to mention players don't exactly run to a city like Cleveland (no offense) and might not accept any deal involving them being sent there.

akay47
06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Meanwhile a team like NY has Gallo, Chandler, and Douglas. Bulls have Deng, Kirk, Noah, Taj and Mia has at least Beasley... And can absorb contracts. In reality, Cleveland doesn't have a prayer to get either via S+T.
Not to mention, Joe Johnson would exactly help Lebron get over the hump considering how much of a choker he is in the playoffs as well.

Gallo, Candler and Douglas? You trade those guys and then who else is on your bench? Do you even have a full team without those guys?

Deng - No one wants that contract
Kirk - Look at Delonte, Not to mention Delonte is on an expiring, whereas Kirk is signed through 2011-2012.. 9 million a year? Yah, I dont think he's THAT attractable
Noah - Isn't he supposed to be a huge piece for the Bulls? Aren't you guys building around him and D. Rose? Trading him wouldn't be that good of an option, now would it?
Taj Gibson - Look at a poor man's JJ Hickson

Horrible argument, nice try, maybe next year..

Let's face it, Cavs do have the tools to pull of a s&t for joe johnson or chris bosh, it's just that none of you here want to admit it to it because you all want LeBron lmao

Southsideheat
06-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Wrong. I think this is a sign that Lebron and his agent will be pushing for a sign and trade deal. I heard somewhere on ESPN radio that Ferry just didn't want to be known throughout history to be the guy that traded Lebron. He has said in the past that trading Lebron is not an option and he would rather have him walk and get nothing in return. I believe this points to Lebron leaving Cleveland but nobody really knows but him.

And Gilbert wants to be known as the guy who traded Lebron?

ecorrea
06-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Pretty much every team does. But once again, Cavs do not have a chance at beating out another team's offer in a S+T.
Not to mention players don't exactly run to a city like Cleveland (no offense) and might not accept any deal involving them being sent there.

exactly. and bosh gave his list of teams he would be willing to go to in a s&t. cavs were not one of them. thus no s&t of bosh to cavs. simple.

akay47
06-04-2010, 03:24 PM

You're telling me that if LeBron re-signs in Cleveland, Joe Johnson or Chris Bosh won't agree to a S&T there? Hahahahahahahahaha Come on man, wake up, it's 2010

ecorrea
06-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Let's face it, Cavs do have the tools to pull of a s&t for joe johnson or chris bosh, it's just that none of you here want to admit it to it because you all want LeBron lmao

cavs not on bosh destination list. not happening. i doubt JJ goes to cleveland either when he can play in nyc chi miami etc. yes he would get to play with bron, but i think he would committ to another city over that.

Southsideheat
06-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Plus, in order to agree to a sign and trade, they also have to agree with the trade itself. Just like Kobe supposedly saying no to the S&T to the Bulls because Deng was involved going to LA.

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Gallo, Candler and Douglas? You trade those guys and then who else is on your bench? Do you even have a full team without those guys?

Ask the Celtics who made out pretty well with a fairly small team in Rondo and perkins. You also forget that vets/ring chasers who all run to NY if Bosh and Lebron were to sign with them.

Deng - No one wants that contract

Hypocrite much? You are going to say teams want Jamison but not Deng. Deng isn't THAT overpaid. More than anything, to avoid injuries with Deng is too not overplay him. He was fine this season for 60 games before fatigue hit. He needs to be treated sort of like Duncan on a playoff team. He's very much tradeable and Toronto, Minnesota and Portland have been rumored to have interest.

Kirk - Look at Delonte, Not to mention Delonte is on an expiring, whereas Kirk is signed through 2011-2012.. 9 million a year? Yah, I dont think he's THAT attractable

Once again, not any less than most of the Cavs guys.

Noah - Isn't he supposed to be a huge piece for the Bulls? Aren't you guys building around him and D. Rose? Trading him wouldn't be that good of an option, now would it?

If it means Lebron, it wouldn't matter.

Taj Gibson - Look at a poor man's JJ Hickson

What makes Hickson any better? Both are role players who shouldn't get more than 20mpg. Don't be a homer.

Horrible argument, nice try, maybe next year..

Not really... someone is in denial.

They really don't. They have no cap flexibility. Hell even if they lose Lebron they are only 8mil under the cap.
You think teams would rather want overpaid vets (expiring or not, doesn't matter) or a prospect or 2, without wasting cap on those players.
A team like ATL or TOR would much rather have a prospect like Taj/JJ or Douglas/Chandler and let Bulls/NY absorb the rest of the sign and trade contract then ONE prospect in Hickson and a ton of expirings that they don't need.
Not to mention, once again, JJ and Bosh hold all the cards. Cleveland isn't an attractive destination whether you want to believe it or not.
And finally, in a sign and trade deal, that sign and trade player's contract is cut in half for the deal. Making it even HARDER for a team like Cle to make a deal cause they are so high in cap.
Sorry, but they are highly unlikely to pull off a sign + trade. Don't get defensive about it. It's not just fans that want Lebron that are saying this, it's everyone who understands at least a little about cap space and the players Cleveland has.

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 03:32 PM
You're telling me that if LeBron re-signs in Cleveland, Joe Johnson or Chris Bosh won't agree to a S&T there? Hahahahahahahahaha Come on man, wake up, it's 2010

Congrats. Funny how Cleveland wasn't on Bosh's list of destinations.
You can have JJ though, a notorious choker.

akay47
06-04-2010, 03:35 PM
What do you want Bosh to write on his list:

Cleveland (Only if LeBron signs though)

Come on man, be realistic, you're telling me CB4 or JJ don't want to go a team who've been the Eastern Conference champs for 2 straight years? I know they've choked in the playoffs but they're better off signing with a team like Cleveland where the pieces are set (if LeBron re-signs) than to sign with NY or NJ where it's question marks left and right.

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 03:39 PM
What do you want Bosh to write on his list:

Cleveland (Only if LeBron signs though)

Come on man, be realistic, you're telling me CB4 or JJ don't want to go a team who've been the Eastern Conference champs for 2 straight years? I know they've choked in the playoffs but they're better off signing with a team like Cleveland where the pieces are set (if LeBron re-signs) than to sign with NY or NJ where it's question marks left and right.

Or he'd just write Cleveland...
He wrote Miami even though Wade could very well bolt.

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 03:40 PM
And once again, Toronto and Atlanta won't trade their players for expirings. That's just stupid. In that case they might as well let their players walk. Of course prospects would do the trick. Unfortunately, you won't go very far when your best prospect is JJ Hickson. End of story.

Southsideheat
06-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Did Jamison get younger?
Did Mo Williams become a legit number 2?
Did Delonte West think of an alibi?
Did Verejao develop a post game?

prodigy
06-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Well you also gotta understand those teams would need to outbid Cleveland. Which means trading more young talent then Cleveland. Why would NY trade the players they are trying to use to entice Lebron? The Raps would not be the most willing team to work with the Knicks.

The whole running to Cleveland could be said about most teams in the NBA. But if the talent is their they will come.

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Well you also gotta understand those teams would need to outbid Cleveland. Which means trading more young talent then Cleveland. Why would NY trade the players they are trying to use to entice Lebron? The Raps would not be the most willing team to work with the Knicks.

The whole running to Cleveland could be said about most teams in the NBA. But if the talent is their they will come.

Problem with Cavs is that they can ONLY get Bosh or JJ via S+T.
If a team like NY, NJ, Chicago or Mia come up with the better package but Bosh or JJ refuse cause they want to go to Cleveland (big if for such a situation anyway) then Toronto or Atl can tell Bosh and Joe Johnson respectively, "**** you", we won't help you for merely JJ Hickson. And in that case Bosh and JJ are screwed out of Cleveland.

Heater4life
06-04-2010, 03:56 PM
This hurts the cavs in my opinion, not because Ferry cannot be replaced by a better candidate. But there whole front office is in flux, that instability followed by a lackluster end to their season is less than re-assuring.

In addition, Zeke and Shaq are also free agents whose careers are either at an end, or they could take the little they have left in the tank else where. Although not in there primes, their subtraction definately makes the Cavs weaker.

Not looking good for Cleveland IMO.

prodigy
06-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Did Jamison get younger?
Did Mo Williams become a legit number 2?
Did Delonte West think of an alibi?
Did Verejao develop a post game?

Jamison is still very good, But his contract is better looking then a guy like Turks. Most teams would not be willing to take on Turks contract, But Cleveland would.

Mo would not have to be #2 if they get Bosh or JJ.

West has a disease, which will most likely help him out in the courts.

AV is a very good defender, rebounder and energy guy. Also great at Pick and rolls with LBJ.

Heater4life
06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
kozelkid

Although it would look better in a Heat uniform beautiful sig bro. :clap:

Props!

kozelkid
06-04-2010, 04:00 PM
kozelkid

Although it would look better in a Heat uniform beautiful sig bro. :clap:

Props!

Props goes to Rosh, but thanks anyway. :)

prodigy
06-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Problem with Cavs is that they can ONLY get Bosh or JJ via S+T.
If a team like NY, NJ, Chicago or Mia come up with the better package but Bosh or JJ refuse cause they want to go to Cleveland (big if for such a situation anyway) then Toronto or Atl can tell Bosh and Joe Johnson respectively, "**** you", we won't help you for merely JJ Hickson. And in that case Bosh and JJ are screwed out of Cleveland.

Once again its just not about hickson.

Plus with the package they would have to give, Lebron could say no thanks to those teams and stay with Cleveland or go somewhere else.

BTW- Knicks won't trade for bosh because i don't see them taking on Turks contract. So you would have to get him as a FA. they would have to trade Curry and other players worth 15 mllion. Considering the next highest paid player is Gallo at 2.7 million, you would have to trade every single player on your roster lol.

Green Storm
06-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow, looking like the Cavs-Lebron relationship is done. The fans are going to resign as well, to where Lebron is going.:D

Well that is a given.

There is no such thing as a Cavs fan before LeBron.

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Well as a Hawks fan, I would RATHER JJ leave and get NOTHING, then to absorb contracts just for the sake of helping the Cavs. Cap Space>long contracts for players that can't even help Lebron win a title let alone Josh Smith.

ballpd05
06-04-2010, 04:08 PM
He could've just stood pat instead of going get Antawn Jamison and I think they would've been better.

prodigy
06-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Well that is a given.

So there's no such thing as a heat fan before Wade, a Magic fan before Howard, a Bulls fan before Jordan, Etc...?

I hate when people say stupid stuff like this. Nobodies going to pay 50+ dollars to watch a team win 15 games. When a team gets good, fans spend the money, thats for every single team in every single sport.

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Well that is a given.

That is a reason I wouldn't like a guy like Lebron to be on my fav team. Of course I would take Lebron, but the bandwagon people that comes with him makes me sick. ESPN will then broadcast the Hawks, giving them attention and everything, when I know years and years of hearing them laugh about the Hawks, they can go suck it.

prodigy
06-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Well as a Hawks fan, I would RATHER JJ leave and get NOTHING, then to absorb contracts just for the sake of helping the Cavs. Cap Space>long contracts for players that can't even help Lebron win a title let alone Josh Smith.

You won't get long contracts. Expiries and Real young guys which are cheap. maybe Jamison if the Hawks felt they could contend with a rotation of-

Horford
Jamison
Smith
Crawford
Bibby

With Williams coming off the bench.

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
You won't get long contracts. Expiries and Real young guys which are cheap. maybe Jamison if the Hawks felt they could contend with a rotation of-

Horford
Jamison
Smith
Crawford
Bibby

With Williams coming off the bench.

Our problems if Joe leaves are:

Josh Smith can't play SF. We already have 2 PFs in Josh Smith and Horford, and need to decide on one, to get a legit center, so no Jamison.

If Joe leaves, I doubt we need Bibby anymore (not going to contend for anything), and prob Marvin Williams contract is going too. I believe we are going to extend Childress for if he comes back to the NBA as well.

We need a replacement for Joe, a true PG, and center, and what to do with our 2 best players, being both PFs.

All while needing to find a coach.

I think Atlanta has more to offer the Cavs for Lebron than anyone else can in a sign and trade (Josh Smith/Marvin Williams/Jamal Crawford/Picks) also than Cavs do for JJ. Lebron can even pick the coach. :)

I like this better:

Mike Bibby
Joe Johnson
Lebron James
Al Horford
Zaza

elizur
06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
So there's no such thing as a heat fan before Wade, a Magic fan before Howard, a Bulls fan before Jordan, Etc...?

I hate when people say stupid stuff like this. Nobodies going to pay 50+ dollars to watch a team win 15 games. When a team gets good, fans spend the money, thats for every single team in every single sport.

See that is the difference between Cleveland and the other markets. Fans will pay 50 + to watch a team win 15 games. It has been happening in NY for 10 years now.

Kakaroach
06-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm not quite sure how to take this news as it pertains to King James. Guess we'll find out in a month.

nycericanguy
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Look, I want Lebron in NY but I would feel bad for CLE if he left also. They have some of the least attractive and fewest assets of any team in the league to rebuild. To think they would have ANY leverage in ANY S&T is absolutely delusional or extremely wishful thinking.

Teams want DRAFT PICKS, YOUNG PLAYERS, or EXPIRINGS, CLE has none of those unless you are high on Hickson.

shep33
06-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Lebron should stay... I've actually hated the Cavs since I was a kid... those terrible jerseys. Anyways, I think its just much better for the city of Cleveland. They need him there. Plus if he leaves, it looks like he'd be ditching on the city, and the franchise, and is trying to go somewhere where he can win and get help from another superstar... The Cavs are a good team and an organization that would do anything for LBJ, if he's patient and wants to win, he should stay in Cleveland cause even if he teams up with Bosh or Amare or whoever, will they be as good as the Cavs would be with LBJ?

Put it this way, Cleveland is always guaranteed to win 60 games basically, if they add one more piece they could be a dynasty caliber team.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-04-2010, 06:14 PM

HEAT - fans when tim hardaway, mourning, thunder dan
MAGIC - fans when , penny , shaq, t-mac, even steve francis
BULLS - Fans have always been there.. ben gordon , kirk, curry & chandler days

CLEVELAND- NOBODY EVER SPOKE ABOUT THEM UNTIL LEBRON....

I used to hate playing CLEVELAND and that terrible wind down the clock offense. After the Mark Price era no one cared about the cavs. The t.brandon era was solid an unspectacular..

Stop being a homer and saying Clevland has trade peices. I hate to agree with the bulls fans but they are def in a better position than Clev to do a sign and trade for bosh. Clevelands off season is melting down just like their playoff performance. He may never sniff new york but if he stays in Clevland he will never win a chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dtmagnet
06-04-2010, 06:50 PM

No they don't.

Hotone1401
06-04-2010, 07:18 PM
And Gilbert wants to be known as the guy who traded Lebron?

No he doesn't. That's why he promoted Chris Grant to take over the job as GM. Dan Gilbert knows that Lebron walking away from the team and getting nothing in return is just a bad business decision. This is just my opinion of what's going on but who knows.

Don Starks
06-04-2010, 07:32 PM
one question for the guy who is claiming that bosh and hedo are going to be packaged together in a sign and trade....why? where did you get this idea from? why in the world would bosh agree to continue playing with hedo after such a crappy year, in which he whined and played terribly. i understand that bosh isnt going to be sitting down with a gm and helping to figure out the pieces to make a trade work, but i also could see him making a clear stance on not wanting to play with hedo again. bosh doesnt need to have the interest of the raptors in mind when asking for a sign and trade.

tr4shb0t
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Yep, Lebron is clearly out of there. Cleveland bandwagon is no more.

SA5195
06-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Ohh man, I thought he was gonna re-sign, as in stay in CLE lol.

Anyways, is this a indication to Lebron that he can pick the GM and the Coach, if he decides to stay?

JiffyMix88
06-04-2010, 07:40 PM
then hes gonna get fired the hour after lebron signs somewhere else lol

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Ohh man, I thought he was gonna re-sign, as in stay in CLE lol.

Anyways, is this a indication to Lebron that he can pick the GM and the Coach, if he decides to stay?

Or it means he resigned because he knows something that we don't know about Lebron leaving, so he doesn't want to be known as the GM who teased and killed the Cavs all in one player.

njnets
06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
while letting ferry go could increase lebrons chances at staying, i just dont see it. some people argue that his bad decisions would drive lebron away and having him resign would help them retain lebron. i think its the opposite though. the cavs have fired their head coach and GM. IMO, this looks like an organization that is not trustworthy of being in and it does not show loyalty. i see it as similar to wades comments on the bulls. maybe im biased bc im a net fan, idk, but thats my take on this situation.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-04-2010, 09:17 PM
HAHAHAHAH no1 wants to stay in cleveland, its funny once lebron leaves the gm decides giving up too what a joke

King P
06-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Everybody talks about Ferry trying to put a team together to win championship with Lebron in Cleveland.

But honestly, that's questionable because he didn't do that great of a job. Wer're talking about Candace Parker Jr., NoShow Williams, Jamison and Shaq? The team that went to the finals was more balanced but these last few years he didn't surround him with anybody that could create their own shot or hit a spot up jumper consistently.

The Shaq and Jamison moves were shades of Isiah Thomas by chasing names out of their prime while clogging the cap and not addressing the team's real needs. It showed up in the playoffs these last two years when teams just focused on Lebron and dared everybody else to beat them.

michelangelo
06-04-2010, 09:39 PM
It's astonishing how little Ferry accomplished in terms of putting valuable pieces around LeBron. Prior to the Shaq and Antawn acquisitions, Ferry had put together the equivalent of a D League team around LeBron, and an expensive one at that. How much did they pay that guy with the 'fro, Vare...whatever?

It doesn't matter anyway: LeBron is returning. It's all about the cheddah and Cleveland has the most to offer.

Yeah. I think this could help. Ferry did squat really in helping him out. The best he did was bring in Shaq (the oldest player in the league), Mo (a joke in the playoffs) and Tawn (who's old too, and had no time to fit in). Depending on who they find to replace Ferry, it might actually encourage him to stay.

ink
06-04-2010, 09:39 PM

Or he might ask Chris Bosh how well desperation attempts at fast rebuilds work out. Trust me, he knows from experience.

FOBolous
06-04-2010, 09:41 PM
he probably doesn't want to be known as the man who lost Lebron. i don't blame him. i wouldn't want that on my should either cause losing Lebron = end of pro basketball in Cleveland.

Dieselpi
06-04-2010, 09:41 PM
who cares about the gm, the team around him was mediocre and highpriced at that.

michelangelo
06-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Ferry just did the city of Cleveland and the Cavs a favor...

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Everybody talks about Ferry trying to put a team together to win championship with Lebron in Cleveland.

But honestly, that's questionable because he didn't do that great of a job. Wer're talking about Candace Parker Jr., NoShow Williams, Jamison and Shaq? The team that went to the finals was more balanced but these last few years he didn't surround him with anybody that could create their own shot or hit a spot up jumper consistently.

The Shaq and Jamison moves were shades of Isiah Thomas by chasing names out of their prime while clogging the cap and not addressing the team's real needs. It showed up in the playoffs these last two years when teams just focused on Lebron and dared everybody else to beat them.

I was never a fan of a lot of Ferry's moves. To me it always seemed like he was scrambling. For instance the Jamison move wasn't needed. Hickson and James were playing well together when they played with the small line up. Shaq was injured, Big Z was also hurt and Hickson was getting major burn. Looking back at cleveland's season there is no doubt that was the stretch when they played their best ball. They Make the trade and shaq comes back and a young athletic physical improving player in hickson goes to the bench. Then at the end of the boston series Brown decides to start playing him again.

Same goes for Orlando. Lewis was obviously out matched against the Celtics but Van Gundy waits too long to go to the younger more physical Bass. I don't get some coaches or franchises for that matter.

Did Ferry make one move that wasn't expected of him?

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 09:53 PM
And the stat junkies can try and compare Jamison to Hickson to make their argument look good. But sometimes the numbers lie. The are no numbers to judge a teams chemistry. And what were the numbers for Jamison in the Celtics series. Pathetic at best except for maybe game 1.

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Signing Shaq??? Come on man! Where did that get Ferry? Another thing that can not be argued is when Brown was playing Boobie how far did the Cavs go? And how far did they go with MO? I never understood how Boobie fell off the face of the earth after his great play in 07.
Instead Ferry once again instead of developing his promising youth went out and signed MO because I think he felt he "had" to. Seriously where was A young kid like Boobie's motivation going to come from when they signed that chucker williams. What kind of message does that send. And that head case West. In the most important year in the franchise's history how can you count on a kid with psychological problems driving around on his motorcycle with a bushel of Gats.

Twolves88
06-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I dont think ferry is a very good GM. He seems to just go for a quick fix. Signing over the hill veterans.... I think they should of explored getting someone else...

If they dont resign lebron theyr oganization is ****ed

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 10:02 PM
i'm on a rant. You know what the Cavs never had in Lebron's career there.

A FREGGIN IDENTITY! it was Just Lebron and a bunch of moving parts year in and year out. Ferry? Please....

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
i'm on a rant. You know what the Cavs never had in Lebron's career there.

A FREGGIN IDENTITY! it was Just Lebron and a bunch of moving parts year in and year out. Ferry? Please....

Don't you think that is part of Lebron's fault as well? Mr. I need a Triple Double every night. Never has a flow to the offense. Half the game is passing, then he decides to score, so no more passing, and don't forget to let him get the rebounds. Lebron is unselfish, for half the game.

Dieselpi
06-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Don't you think that is part of Lebron's fault as well? Mr. I need a Triple Double every night. Never has a flow to the offense. Half the game is passing, then he decides to score, so no more passing, and don't forget to let him get the rebounds. Lebron is unselfish, for half the game.

maybe if he had the pieces around him that are able to carry the load and contribute he wouldnt need to shoulder the load.

Which is why I wouldnt be surprised if he left, they are landlocked in cleavland with bad contracts. And they lack a solid second option or the ability to add one.

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 10:23 PM
maybe if he had the pieces around him that are able to carry the load and contribute he wouldnt need to shoulder the load.

Which is why I wouldnt be surprised if he left, they are landlocked in cleavland with bad contracts. And they lack a solid second option or the ability to add one.

I doubt if even Wade is on his team, he wouldn't look for his triple double routine. Guys in the NBA want fame and money by putting up numbers. If he was about winning I don't think he would make shoes for every city that wants him to tease them an make money off of it.

Kobe last night ignored Chris Rock because he is about winning. Lebron wants to show off in front of Jay-Z because he is about being the NBA's billionaire player.

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 10:36 PM

No... I think it's more Mike Browns fault in part forced by the personnel.

And Kobe ignoring Chris Rock is because Kobe is a ****head. If he chuckled a bit at whatever Rock said do you really think he would've been distracted and his game would've went down hill? I couldn't help but laugh at that clip being played on ESPN all day showing Kobe's "focus". It would have been more impressive if Kobe would've laughed at rock and went on to continue to torch Boston. That my friend would have been a greater sign of focus. But that's just me. Kobe is so fake it's not even funny. Oohhh look at me I mean business. I know your afraid of me. Come on man!

Reggie miller practically had a beer with SPike Lee on the sidelines while he ripped the knicks throat out in the playoffs.

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 10:41 PM
I doubt if even Wade is on his team, he wouldn't look for his triple double routine. Guys in the NBA want fame and money by putting up numbers. If he was about winning I don't think he would make shoes for every city that wants him to tease them an make money off of it.

Kobe last night ignored Chris Rock because he is about winning. Lebron wants to show off in front of Jay-Z because he is about being the NBA's billionaire player.

His triple double routine? How about Magic's triple double routine? You going to hold that against Magic?

*Silver&Black*
06-04-2010, 10:49 PM
His triple double routine? How about Magic's triple double routine? You going to hold that against Magic?

Magic Johnson? The title winning Magic Johnson? Are you comparing?

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Magic Johnson? The title winning Magic Johnson? Are you comparing?

Lebron is 25 bro....

_KB24_
06-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm laughing at how people are saying this is a good move. Ferry did squat? :laugh2:

He got rid of garbage like Miles, Snow, Newble, Wesley, Pollard, and Hughes for great role players like Mo, Shaq, Jamison, Moon, Parker, Powe, and West. He was one of the best GMs the past 5 years easily.

HouRealCoach
06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
:facepalm:

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm laughing at how people are saying this is a good move. Ferry did squat? :laugh2:

He got rid of garbage like Miles, Snow, Newble, Wesley, Pollard, and Hughes for great role players like Mo, Shaq, Jamison, Moon, Parker, Powe, and West. He was one of the best GMs the past 5 years easily.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I seriously hope you are joking...

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 11:36 PM

How about letting Boozer skip town in the middle of the night.

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 11:37 PM

Why do Laker fans hate on Lebron?

JNA17
06-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Lebron is 25 bro....

lebron has been in the league for 8 years bro...

jackdawson
06-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Ferry has done a pretty good job of building a team. Cavs had best record in last tow seasons and people are saying he was a bad GM. They didn't win championship and it's not his fault. It all goes to that bum coach who by no means can be a head coach of a championship team.

Dieselpi
06-04-2010, 11:46 PM

he doesnt make the shoes
nike does

and thats just nike being smart and testing the waters to see how well the shoe would sell, you cant blame lebron for something his sponsors do

dolphan
06-04-2010, 11:48 PM
He still wont be able to keep LeBron. IMO

boriquaabe
06-04-2010, 11:49 PM
lebron has been in the league for 8 years bro...

7 years little guy....

_KB24_
06-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Ferry didn't let him walk. No one will no what really happened back there. Cavs claim they had an understanding and an agreement, and Boozer claims he didn't make any commitment. Fact of the matter is, the Jazz offered a ton of money that the Cavs couldn't match. I heard that he really, really pissed off the Cavs owner as well regarding the topic, which made them not pursue him heavily.

Why do Laker fans hate on Lebron?

This thread is about Ferry. The Cavs are crumbling apart right now. They under-achieved two straight years, are coachless, have a new GM, have key FAs, and are not exactly one of the most attractive places to play in the NBA. They may lose all the pieces this summer that have brought some success to a sorry-*** franchise, no offence.

commonsense12
06-05-2010, 12:21 AM
LBJ is gone sorry no one is going to re-sign with so many question marks. What if you dont get along with the coach? What if your Gm is a moron? Too many questions for a guy returning to a team he has been on for years. You could just take a chance on a different team. Plus i dont see much help Cleveland has no trade chips.

Fireworld
06-05-2010, 12:46 AM
It's over in CLE. Lottery in a few years.

Caps1989
06-05-2010, 01:10 AM

Cash

If you wanted absolutly nothing in return. AV is like the only person in that bunch worth anything.

abe_froman
06-05-2010, 01:19 AM

ferry wasnt gm yet,your thinking of jim paxon

boriquaabe
06-05-2010, 04:51 AM
ferry wasnt gm yet,your thinking of jim paxon

Right right.... My mistake.

effen5
06-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Ferry probably just got bored in Cleveland.