PDA

View Full Version : Lebron plans elaborate FA tour

D1JM
06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/04/source-lebron-james-plans-elaborate-free-agency-tour/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

LOS ANGELES -- In honor of LeBron James and his apparent insistence on being talked about during the NBA Finals, we interrupt coverage to share some free agency news about the league's King of hype.

According to a source with first-hand knowledge of James' plans, the Larry King interview that was shot Tuesday and will air Friday on CNN was only the beginning of his elaborate scheme to draw unprecedented attention to his courting. James, according to the source, is in discussions with Nike to create a new shoe for every visit along his free agent path starting July 1. The shoes would have the date of the visit printed, with James already having scripted his itinerary for the Free Agency Tour 2010.

The source insists that he'll head for New York first to visit with the Knicks, and then spend time with the Nets. Chicago will be next, with the Bulls hoping he wants to follow in the footsteps of Michael Jordan and become the Windy City's beloved star. Depending on the level of sustained public interest and the discussions with the teams in the respective cities, James will decide at that point whether to continue on to Miami and possibly Los Angeles to see the Clippers.

That final stop would be Hollywood style in every way, with James simply putting on a show intended to create buzz in yet another big city and maintain the mystery of where he will go. And for what it's worth, the source expects James to return to the Cavaliers by the time the circus comes to an end.

While some media have certainly called James' tactics into question, NBA commissioner David Stern sidestepped a chance to do so before Game 1 on Thursday.

"I don't have a problem with it," he said when asked of the timing of James' interview with King. "It's fine. The same way it's fine to have the president talk to Marv Albert about where LeBron is going or about our game (as he did recently). It sort of tells me that our players have, through their hard work, captured the imagination of many, many people."

According to reports, James told King in his interview that the Cavaliers had an edge in the race for his services. This came, of course, weeks after Stern announced that he always prefers that prominent players stay with the team with which they came up through the ranks.

"I'm a recovering single-team person," Stern said. "LeBron will have played with Cleveland for seven years. That's a huge amount of time. Cleveland has been given the edge with respect to the raises they can give him and the length of his contract. I think that's a good thing. ... It's up to the players to decide where they want to go. They fought very hard for that right, and I'm perfectly fine with that."

As is James, who surely intends to keep every possible scenario -- and every eyeball, for that matter -- on his table until the end.

D1JM
06-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Seems lebron cares more for attention than anything, kinda disgusting. Wouldn't be surprise if he even makes a documentary about his FA summer

JordansBulls
06-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Seems lebron cares more for attention than anything, kinda disgusting. Wouldn't be surprise if he even makes a documentary about his FA summer

This is why he goes to either NY or Chicago.

handle
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
This is why he goes to either NY or Chicago.

Yep, he's an overrated attention whore. His number 1 priority is attention, number 2 is money, number 3 is even more attention.

Be real now: if he TRULY cared about winning, he'd sign with the best team in the league, the Lakers. No-brainer.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Yep, he's an overrated attention whore. His number 1 priority is attention, number 2 is money, number 3 is even more attention.

Be real now: if he TRULY cared about winning, he'd sign with the best team in the league, the Lakers. No-brainer.

Yep, because there is no such thing as a salary cap.

Geargo Wallace
06-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Ya LeBron sucks...

AntiG
06-04-2010, 09:28 AM

Of course. That's what mid-level exemptions are for. He could jump to Boston or the Lakers if he REALLY wanted to win. But he doesn't. He just wants the attention, which is why a team like the Knicks actually have a legit chance.

beasted86
06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
LeBron loves the attention. Remember when he said he was going enter the dunk contest?

He loves the media hanging onto his every word and action.

Jetsguy
06-04-2010, 09:30 AM
If true does anyone ready anything into the order of his visits? I am 100% sure he will visit each place if for no other reason than to keep the attention and buzz going but does this mean anything?

If this were the NFL I would say 9/10 the first visit is the place they want to play the most. However here you would have to think whatever team is last may have the advantage?

Very interesting, hate on Lebron all you want but he is smart, he has all of us interested thats for sure.

handle
06-04-2010, 09:32 AM

I guess you've never heard of something called sign and trade :facepalm:

jim51990
06-04-2010, 09:45 AM
it is amazing to me how people can hate on one of the greatest athletes they will ever see play

handle
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM
it is amazing to me how people can hate on one of the greatest athletes they will ever see play

I don't hate the game, I hate the player.

conway429
06-04-2010, 09:59 AM
a shoe for each visit, with the date printed on it?
thats ridiculous...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-04-2010, 10:24 AM
wow this is getting ridicilous, he is an attention whore

what's next???

I'm better than Kobe T-Shirt??:shrug:

arkanian215
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM

what's next???

No I'm better than MJ.

oak2455
06-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I guess you've never heard of something called sign and trade :facepalm:

who are the Lakers trading ? Luke Walton:eyebrow:

D1JM
06-04-2010, 10:33 AM

what's next???

Didn't he want attention through the puppets?? They didn't become fun when kobe won that ring

handle
06-04-2010, 10:33 AM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2009/06/21/0621_lebron_57433ex_james_b-gr_01-1.jpg

oak2455
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM

what's next???

No I'm better than MJ.

I say nooooo to both.........

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Lebron>Nba finals Every team feels like they have a chance to win! The finals are predictable Lakers in 6 nba wants kobe to be the next jordan and people aint buying it... We rather keep up with something our clubs can actually have a chance at! Who cares if the nba puts the lakers or celtics in the next 30 finals i stopped watching the finals because its the same teams over and over. Its business we understand they want to go global and need L.A. or Boston in the finals we just aint watching though. Lebron is the better sitcom this guy revived the nba.

handle
06-04-2010, 10:35 AM
who are the Lakers trading ? Luke Walton:eyebrow:

That would be nice... but most likely it would be Bynum and Artest or something similar. The incoming/outgoing salaries would have to be about the same I think.

handle
06-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Lebron>Nba finals Every team feels like they have a chance to win! The finals are predictable Lakers in 6 nba wants kobe to be the next jordan and people aint buying it... We rather keep up with something our clubs can actually have a chance at! Who cares if the nba puts the lakers or celtics in the next 30 finals i stopped watching the finals because its the same teams over and over. Its business we understand they want to go global and need L.A. or Boston in the finals we just aint watching though. Lebron is the better sitcom this guy revived the nba.

The Lakers are in the Finals because they're the best team, with the best player, best coach, and best owner in the league... not because the NBA wants them to be.

And don't worry about Boston - after this year, we won't be seeing them in the Finals again for another couple of decades.

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Best players not player yaw have the best pf via a wierd trade, best sg via draft night forced trade, best sixth man when he should be a star of a team, 2nd or 3rd best center in the league, best perimeter defender in Artest who should be a star to a team, and the best coach. Kinda like the Yankees of basketball he he but im not saying yaw dont have the best team how yaw got it is another story...

AllTimeBest
06-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Sounds like a business man. Make a shoe for every stop I make, and make millions off each shoe. Sounds like he will be making many stops.

Wade_County
06-04-2010, 11:42 AM
http://ballerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lebron-james-carol-daughter-rihanna.jpg

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Man I love that quote on the bottom from Gibby23 reality tv at its best i love it, forgot to put a cast on kobes finger too though that one was a good one and Wade a wheel chair because he hurt his shoulder. lmao

D1JM
06-04-2010, 11:51 AM

just admit you are bitter the knicks history isnt as great as the lakers or celtics. If it was the knicks going to a bunch of finals year in year out you wouldnt be complaining

j-bay
06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
i say washington has a better chance then new jersey

D1JM
06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a business man. Make a shoe for every stop I make, and make millions off each shoe. Sounds like he will be making many stops.

i think every team in the nba now thinks they have a legit chance of gettin lebron now lol. Also, this shows how much lebron loves cleveland. I think he keeps sticking that dagger even deeper each time it keeps getting closer to FA

D1JM
06-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Nike: We will NOT be making LeBron shoe for ANY free agent market visit
14 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/darrenrovell1/statuses/15424323909

I guess no shoes for each lebron stop

carter15
06-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Of course. That's what mid-level exemptions are for. He could jump to Boston or the Lakers if he REALLY wanted to win. But he doesn't. He just wants the attention, which is why a team like the Knicks actually have a legit chance.

This is BS. He wants to win, but why would a top 2 player in the league want to hop on one of the 2 best teams in the league and win. We would get no credit for the win, since the teams were already the best and he was just hopping on for the championship. That's the dumbest thing ever to do and I'm sure he won't. Yes, he wants to win, but he wants to be a reason a team wins, not just signing with the best team in the league. I really hope you were sarcastic in your post because it would be the dumbest move possible for Lebron to sign with the Lakers or Celtics to win a championship and turn down like 90 million dollars.

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 12:06 PM
lol dude I dont watch baseball because of the same crap the yankees always have the best chance to win. I like the sport and the reality t.v. is reality t.v. real? I could care less about the teams but I always loved the defense knicks played now they dont play the same style but I just dont change teams because im not a bandwagon fan. If the knicks ever make it to more than 4 finals appearances in a row i will quit watching because it will be boring once again. The Nfl has the right concept but they have to make it competitive because american football is not world wide like baseball and basketball is.

DaBUU
06-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Nike: We will NOT be making LeBron shoe for ANY free agent market visit
14 minutes ago via web

http://twitter.com/darrenrovell1/statuses/15424323909

I guess no shoes for each lebron stop

damn, i was really hoping to grab me a pair of the "Lebron Tour Nets Visit Airmax I"

Oh well....

D1JM
06-04-2010, 12:09 PM
This is BS. He wants to win, but why would a top 2 player in the league want to hop on one of the 2 best teams in the league and win. We would get no credit for the win, since the teams were already the best and he was just hopping on for the championship. That's the dumbest thing ever to do and I'm sure he won't. Yes, he wants to win, but he wants to be a reason a team wins, not just signing with the best team in the league. I really hope you were sarcastic in your post because it would be the dumbest move possible for Lebron to sign with the Lakers or Celtics to win a championship and turn down like 90 million dollars.

not only that but look at kobe. He got a 84 million extension and if he cared about winning he only cared about winning would of taken the veterans minimum. Instead in the year 2013 he is probably going to eat up half of the salary cap. Bottom Line is that the Free agents want to win, but they also want to get paid.

D1JM
06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
damn, i was really hoping to grab me a pair of the "Lebron Tour Nets Visit Airmax I"

Oh well....

lol

handle
06-04-2010, 12:27 PM

Well, I don't think he'd ever accept a mid-level, but I could definitely see him asking for a sign and trade to the Lakers (not Boston). Sign and trade to the Lakers gets him his money, his exposure (Hollywood/Huge market), AND he finally gets a ring. Multiple rings.

As far as hopping on for a championship, he'd get PLENTY of credit for the win because he will have played a huge part in all of the victories. It would be like a whole new team anyway because of the pieces the Lakers would have to send out for him.

And after Kobe retires in 5, 6 more years, LeBron will have at least another 5 years being the sole leader of the Lakers. And best of all, when he's done, he'll have his jersey hanging up in the rafters along some of the greatest to ever play the game: Kobe / Jabbar / Chamberlain / West / Magic Johnson... you see where I'm going.

LBJ has a massive ego, and I could see him being a dumb*** and not wanting to share the spotlight, which would only hurt himself.... but if you think going to the Lakers hasn't crossed his mind, you're fooling yourself.

levignjw
06-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I ****ing despise this man.

handle
06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Bottom Line is that the Free agents want to win, but they also want to get paid.

Sign and trade won't get him max $ but pretty close.

D1JM
06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Sign and trade won't get him max $ but pretty close.

what i was trying to state is that people want to win, but they wont take a big *** pay cut to do it

zambo4president
06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
I really don't like LeBron, I don't even want the Bulls signing him. Id rather build a better TEAM and pickup Amare/Bosh/Boozer/Dirk and one of JJ/Wade/Gay

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 12:40 PM
wrong buddy sign and trade gets him all the money he is signing a contract with the cavs for six years then getting traded in that scenario. It could actually happen the lakers have always gotten crazy trades done. Remember without a good L.A. team there is no team in L.A. examples-Rams, Raiders in football nba knows this all too well...

MaHaRaJaH
06-04-2010, 12:43 PM

:rolleyes:

MaHaRaJaH
06-04-2010, 12:49 PM

Naw, people actually just make dumb-*** comments like that. I call it "Lebrenvy" a Disorder caused by extreme jealousy of never ever having a Lebron James on their team.

MaHaRaJaH
06-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Well, I don't think he'd ever accept a mid-level, but I could definitely see him asking for a sign and trade to the Lakers (not Boston). Sign and trade to the Lakers gets him his money, his exposure (Hollywood/Huge market), AND he finally gets a ring. Multiple rings.

As far as hopping on for a championship, he'd get PLENTY of credit for the win because he will have played a huge part in all of the victories. It would be like a whole new team anyway because of the pieces the Lakers would have to send out for him.

And after Kobe retires in 5, 6 more years, LeBron will have at least another 5 years being the sole leader of the Lakers. And best of all, when he's done, he'll have his jersey hanging up in the rafters along some of the greatest to ever play the game: Kobe / Jabbar / Chamberlain / West / Magic Johnson... you see where I'm going.

LBJ has a massive ego, and I could see him being a dumb*** and not wanting to share the spotlight, which would only hurt himself.... but if you think going to the Lakers hasn't crossed his mind, you're fooling yourself.

Lebrenvy.

handle
06-04-2010, 12:56 PM
what i was trying to state is that people want to win, but they wont take a big *** pay cut to do it

OK, I'm not on expert on trades and I don't have everybody's salaries in front of me... but I believe that if they did a sign and trade (for Bynum and filler, for example), LeBron would be making the same money on the Lakers that he is making this year. Isn't he making about 15 million right now? I THINK that the most LBJ can make by signing as a free agent with somebody other than CLE is like 16-17 million the first year. So that's not a big *** pay cut.

If he REALLY wanted to make the most money, he would just resign with CLE, because they can pay him the most.

Also, once he was traded to the Lakers, they would then be able to sign him to an extension. So he'd make at least the same amount he made in 2010, plus win multiple rings. Just sayin'...

If there's an salary/trade expert around that wants to correct me, go for it.

handle
06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Naw, people actually just make dumb-*** comments like that. I call it "Lebrenvy" a Disorder caused by extreme jealousy of never ever having a Lebron James on their team.

Ridiculous. If I had a choice, I would say NO to LBJ on the Lakers. It's not like we need him, right? Plus, the dude is a *******. Let him stay in CLE or go to MIA and retire ringless.. I don't give a ****. I'm just saying going to the Lakers is a possibility.

D1JM
06-04-2010, 01:01 PM
OK, I'm not on expert on trades and I don't have everybody's salaries in front of me... but I believe that if they did a sign and trade (for Bynum and filler, for example), LeBron would be making the same money on the Lakers that he is making this year. Isn't he making about 15 million right now? I THINK that the most LBJ can make by signing as a free agent with somebody other than CLE is like 16-17 million the first year. So that's not a big *** pay cut.

If he REALLY wanted to make the most money, he would just resign with CLE, because they can pay him the most.

Also, once he was traded to the Lakers, they would then be able to sign him to an extension. So he'd make at least the same amount he made in 2010, plus win multiple rings. Just sayin'...

If there's an salary/trade expert around that wants to correct me, go for it.

doing a sign a trade you dont have to match salaries or you dont have to send players the other way. Lewis went from the sonics to orlando for a second round pick and a big *** trade exception. What i referred to him taking a paycut was someone said if he was interested in winning he would take the MLE and sign with the lakers. No way in hell will he be happy making 1/5 of what kobe is making.

C-ross12
06-04-2010, 01:02 PM
I generally hate when people do this, but this thread truly warrants it. Who cares? Hes obviously doing it for attention. Its like the 7 year old niece we all have. If you stop showing her attention, she'll stop nagging you. If everyone simply embraced Lebron for the great player he is, and not the sideshow he puts on.

handle
06-04-2010, 01:04 PM
doing a sign a trade you dont have to match salaries or you dont have to send players the other way. Lewis went from the sonics to orlando for a second round pick and a big *** trade exception. What i referred to him taking a paycut was someone said if he was interested in winning he would take the MLE and sign with the lakers. No way in hell will he be happy making 1/5 of what kobe is making.

OK. I agree that he wouldn't take the MLE.

Heater4life
06-04-2010, 01:07 PM
. Bottom Line is that the Free agents want to win, but they also want to get paid.

Of course! these guys are competitive not stupid. People making comments like "if he really wanted to win he'd take the minimum". That argument is ridiculous!

Of course he wants to win, and he'll put himself in the best position to do so at a reasonable pay cut. For ex. not signing with CLeveland he's be giving up 30 mill. Thats money people! even for Lebron who is a millionaire. Everything is a balance, yes he wants to win but at the same time he's not going to sell himself short.

Dont be ridiculous!

NBAfan4life
06-04-2010, 01:09 PM
It doesn't matter where Lebron goes the closest he is going to get to a ring is when he goes over to Kobe's house.

Just playing dude will get a couple IMO before he retires, but I dont care about what he is doing til after the finals.

Also I think Lebron might hurt his rep this summer if he does not sign with the best team. I mean it is not like his rep will be tarnished but if he takes the most money rather than signing the max on the best team it kinda shows that he is full of ish.

asandhu23
06-04-2010, 01:20 PM

welcome to the party. :clap:

LeBron is a perfect case of someone engulfed by inferiority complex

Truheatfan
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Best players not player yaw have the best pf via a wierd trade, best sg via draft night forced trade, best sixth man when he should be a star of a team, 2nd or 3rd best center in the league, best perimeter defender in Artest who should be a star to a team, and the best coach. Kinda like the Yankees of basketball he he but im not saying yaw dont have the best team how yaw got it is another story...

preach on man!! :clap:

Heater4life
06-04-2010, 01:41 PM
welcome to the party. :clap:

LeBron is a perfect case of someone engulfed by inferiority complex

That'd be a little difficult to prove considering he's a multi-millionaire, arguably the best at what he does, and has about as much fame as a person can posses.

On what basis he would feel inferior im not sure. lol

Truheatfan
06-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Ridiculous. If I had a choice, I wouldn't say NO to LBJ on the Lakers. It's not like we need him, right? Plus, the dude is a *******. Let him stay in CLE or go to MIA and retire ringless.. I don't give a ****. I'm just saying going to the Lakers is a possibility.

get smart! if he teams up with wade they win at LEAST 1 ring together especially if they get bosh or stat!

and its so stupid to hear lakers fans say crap like this cuz you guys talk so much crap about lebron and his ego what about kobe do you think he would be ok with lebron coming to la HELL NO he couldnt even share the spotlight with shaq do you honestly think he would want the guy that has everyone (even the biggest haters) talking about him every single day the same guy that has more eyes on him than the finals itself and you honstly think he wants that guy on his team :facepalm:

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Ok this is how it works Lebron will be looking for a 3 year deal to put pressure on the cavs or whoever he signs with so the whole making the most money in Cleveland is out the window. The guy is freaking young is he not going to sign another contract? Next if Lebron wanted to get the full six years all he would have to do is ask for a sign and trade meaning signing a six year deal with cleveland and getting traded to the team of his choice so cleveland wouldnt come out empty handed. 3rd Lebron is not looking to become a billionaire with just nba money he needs hype and needs to be hated yes i said it he needs to be hated. If you love him you will watch if you hate him you will watch and post getting him more hype smart business man.

Iodine
06-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Can we please make a thread just devoted to all of PSD's lebron hate?

**** is about 5 levels past annoying

jetsforever
06-04-2010, 02:01 PM
a shoe for each visit, with the date printed on it?
thats ridiculous...

Who would buy that shoe anyways? If he didn't sign with the team it's a complete waste...

asandhu23
06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
That'd be a little difficult to prove considering he's a multi-millionaire, arguably the best at what he does, and has about as much fame as a person can posses.

On what basis he would feel inferior im not sure. lol

He feels inferior to Kobe and rightfully so but the way he handles embarrassing moments or potentially embarrassing moments shows that he suffers from inferiority complex.

Certain examples from his career.
1. Jordan Crawford dunk on him ( Nike confiscates video evidence )
2. Puts his name out there in NBA slam dunk contest but backs away because he is afraid he will lose his "best dunker" status and will end up embarrassing himself.
3. 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. He shows off when he makes that buzzer beater but when he gets eliminated again from playoffs, he leaves the building as soon as possible like a sore loser.
4. Check my stats shirt. Obvious sign that he feels inferior to Kobe and wants to show off the things he has better than him.

there are certain other examples but I can't remember off the top of my head

levignjw
06-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Lebrenvy.

Call it what you want but I have no respect for a man who's so self indulged. LeBron's claim that all he cares about is winning is a whole sack of **** IMO.

asandhu23
06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Call it what you want but I have no respect for a man who's so self indulged. LeBron's claim that all he cares about is winning is a whole sack of **** IMO.

indeed. see my post before yours. and hey man, enjoy jahvid best. He's a great athlete and very nice person in person. CAL PRIDE :D

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 02:10 PM
funny dude what he wants is more hate from people like you who make him be on the headlines more. You do realize you are the one that gets people to talk more about him dont you? People will always defend someone and the more you hate the more you promote heck you probably work for him. I got a couple of business you could help me out with i got bands on you tube that need more hits can you talk crap about them and create a buzz hit me up on a real note...

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Anyone think LeBron is turning into the NBA's version of Brett Favre?

ManRam
06-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Ya LeBron sucks...

LeBron loves the attention. Remember when he said he was going enter the dunk contest?

He loves the media hanging onto his every word and action.

I don't hate the game, I hate the player.

what's next???

Lebrenvy.

Ridiculous. If I had a choice, I would say NO to LBJ on the Lakers. It's not like we need him, right? Plus, the dude is a *******. Let him stay in CLE or go to MIA and retire ringless.. I don't give a ****. I'm just saying going to the Lakers is a possibility.

And lastly...

Can we please make a thread just devoted to all of PSD's lebron hate?

**** is about 5 levels past annoying

The answer to that ^ is no...hate threads aren't allowed...and that's all this is. It's not leading to anything worthwile. We understand everyone's opinions already. It's just turned into a hate thread, and like I said, those aren't cool. It's okay to object to things, but some of the responses here are just unnecessary hate. Nothing intelligent is coming out of this.

But, considering the massive amounts of these threads posted daily...this one will be closed too. Hate to be the NBA Mod Nazi today, but you guys are all complaining about him stealing the attention; you're just feeding the storm.

All LeBron speculation, off-season plans, and really anything that isn't a legit rumor or story worth writing about (AKA, not this) can go here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488096).