PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Warriors, Wolves talk about Randolph

Fireworld
06-04-2010, 02:26 AM
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors have had discussions about a trade that would send forward Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the talks.

No trade is imminent, but the Timberwolves have strong interest in acquiring the 20-year-old Randolph. The Warriors, who own the sixth pick in this year's NBA draft, would like to move up to get a higher selection. Minnesota has the fourth pick.

The 6-10 Randolph, who left LSU after one season, played only 33 games last season, averaging 11.6 points and 6.5 rebounds before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

In December, ESPN.com reported that the Warriors had interest in dealing Randolph and that the team and representatives of Randolph had met to discuss concerns over Randolph's playing time. The team reportedly was unhappy with his maturity.

"If Golden State wants to trade Anthony, we're not opposed to that," his agent, Bill Duffy, said in December. "He hasn't asked for or demanded a trade, but if the Warriors feel it would be beneficial to them to trade him, we wouldn't be opposed to that at all."

Golden State has asked a high price for Randolph in the past. A team source said that continues to be the case.

Minnesota is high on Randolph and has been monitoring his offseason workouts in Dallas, his hometown. Randolph, who weighed 210 pounds last season, has added 20 pounds of muscle, according to two sources.

The discussions between the two clubs took place last week when several teams, including the Warriors, sent representatives to Minnesota to watch 42 potential draft picks work out at the Timberwolves' practice facility.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5248951)

bigsams50
06-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Minny has Big Al and Kevin Love :confused:

AI4MVP
06-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Interesting. If it happens, either Kevin Love or Al Jefferson are going to Golden State. Im guessing its going to be Al Jefferson because Kevin Love is much more highly regarded and is cheaper at the moment

NYtilIdie
06-04-2010, 02:32 AM
This sucks for GSW if he's traded he was starting to show his potential before he injured his ankle. The only real thing GSW fans can look forward to is seeing their key prospects blossom and him and Curry are their only two with All-Star potential.

Al Jeff would most likely be included since they've tried to move him before. He would be bad for GS, i've heard he is a blackhole on the offense just pads his stats.

SugeKnight
06-04-2010, 02:37 AM
6th + Randolph for 4th is never EVER gonna happen. He had his maturity issues in his rookie year and no reported problems this year.

Ellis, Biedrins and 6th for Jefferson, Brewer, Hollins 4th

AI4MVP
06-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Randolph is much much more valuable then Al Jefferson. Anthony Randolph has as much potential and talent as any young player in the NBA. He just needs to get on the court

Randolph+6th for Jefferson+4th sounds about right, but i do not think itll happen becuz i think minnesota is still trying to move up to 2

BlueJayFanDan
06-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Probably the end of Jefferson in Minnesota.

PatelJ1010
06-04-2010, 03:10 AM
Can I simply say one thing? It is a rumor like all the other Warriors rumors I hear. Garnett to Warriors (Didnt happen and the Big 3 was born 2008)...Amare to the Warriors (Didnt happen because too many pieces were involved and if Curry was taken we would have Amare).

In the article it doesn't mention #6 pick at all but it says the #4 pick is. Who do you see @ #4 making a difference for the Warriors: Cousins, Wesley Johnson, Greg Monroe, & Al Aminu.

"Golden State has asked a high price for Randolph in the past. A team source said that continues to be the case."

Warriors are probably proposing a trade like this #4 + Jefferson(he is making 12 mil) for Randolph and Minn is balking which I dont blame them

asandhu23
06-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Chris Cohan and his goons are going to **** this up somehow. I really hope either Jefferson or Love come over.

BTW imagine Warriors somehow traded for Rudy Gay and Kevin Love and got them. Gay and Love jerseys are going to sell like there's no tomorrow.

thapharcyd
06-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Chris Cohan and his goons are going to **** this up somehow. I really hope either Jefferson or Love come over.

BTW imagine Warriors somehow traded for Rudy Gay and Kevin Love and got them. Gay and Love jerseys are going to sell like there's no tomorrow.

Lol

Joshtd1
06-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Al Jeff + 4th for Randolph + 6? Not sure why Minny would give up the better player and the higher pick...

Carey
06-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Would be a nice fit for the way Minny wants to play, could be Lamar Odom like in the triangle.

AI4MVP
06-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Al Jeff + 4th for Randolph + 6? Not sure why Minny would give up the better player and the higher pick...

because randolph is cheaper, younger, has much more potential, upside and talent

awmathewsjr
06-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Don't you just love it when two of the leagues worst organizations get together and make meaningless trades. Randolph won't make Minny a playoff team and Jefferson nor Love won't put Golden State over the top either. Although this would work out better for GS.
PG S.Curry
SG M.Ellis
SF C.Maggette
PF A.Jefferson(via trade)
C A.Biedrins
Not too shabby on offense, but no defense and no bench=no playoffs

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Don't you just love it when two of the leagues worst organizations get together and make meaningless trades. Randolph won't make Minny a playoff team and Jefferson nor Love won't put Golden State over the top either. Although this would work out better for GS.
PG S.Curry
SG M.Ellis
SF C.Maggette
PF A.Jefferson(via trade)
C A.Biedrins
Not too shabby on offense, but no defense and no bench=no playoffs

Don't you just love it when ignorant people feel the need to post things that add nothing to the discussion?

Kakaroach
06-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Its gotta be a Jefferson for Randolph and pick #4 trade. But what would the Warriors really be willing to pass up on the #4 pick? I'd rather just keep Randolph and hope he pans out along with the #4 pick, even though Big Al is a beast.

WestCoastPhan
06-04-2010, 05:16 PM
dont like this trade for the Warriors, Randolph is still developing, it'd be smart to build around him and Curry for the future.

Cohan and company are just lame ducks until the team is sold, it's a shame they're still allowed to screw the team over as they walk out the door.

Stunner
06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Bulls get on this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=27vw268 add a 2011 1st to GS and maybe Minnys 23rd pick in the 2010 draft to GS and sign me up.

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Gotta keep Randolph. Lots of upside, young.

Twolves88
06-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I think the warriors are close to over the cap meaning that the 4th + jefferson for the 6th and Randolph isn't possible. Nor would MN accept this trade.

For this trade to work we would need beidris in it.

How about
Twolves get
Beidris
6th
Randolph

Warriors get
4th pick
Jefferson

As a twolves fan I would love this. Beidris does play some defense even though it doesn't show with the warriors.

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 06:22 PM
I think the warriors are close to over the cap meaning that the 4th + jefferson for the 6th and Randolph isn't possible. Nor would MN accept this trade.

For this trade to work we would need beidris in it.

How about
Twolves get
Beidris
6th
Randolph

Warriors get
4th pick
Jefferson

As a twolves fan I would love this. Beidris does play some defense even though it doesn't show with the warriors.

You can have him and his 13% free throw percentage.

TheGsw
06-04-2010, 07:57 PM
This rumor is ridiculous. There is no way in hell the dubs would trade AR and 6th for Jefferson and 4th. Sorry Minny fans, their is no chance at all. TK started this dumb rumor!

Twolves88
06-04-2010, 08:18 PM
This rumor is ridiculous. There is no way in hell the dubs would trade AR and 6th for Jefferson and 4th. Sorry Minny fans, their is no chance at all. TK started this dumb rumor!

If anything theres no way the wolves would do that trade without you adding something.

4th>6th
Jefferson>Randolph

Add beidris and morrow? Then its possible

Regardless, this forum is for debate and speculation. Meaning that the rumor does have some wheels to it. It has a source.

Edit: the bulls fan trade is terrible.

heattiltheend94
06-04-2010, 08:54 PM
For now atleast, Jefferson is better than Randolph, but his salary is a lot higher.
Leaving out picks, this seems a pretty fair trade to me.

YourTeamSucks
06-04-2010, 09:04 PM
durant > randolph

Twolves88
06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
For now atleast, Jefferson is better than Randolph, but his salary is a lot higher.
Leaving out picks, this seems a pretty fair trade to me.

By no means is jefferson overpaid. He is paid a really reasonable ammount. + like randolph he is still improving. The only reason the timberwolves are entertaining offers is because he doesnt fit the triangle offense.

I would not even consider the trade straight up.

Jefferson has been making strides as well this summer...

Eagles4Lyfe
06-04-2010, 09:23 PM
i dont get why ppl automatically assume jefferson or love will go back to the warriors in the deal..It could involve minny sending one of their PG's maybe or another pick..Then minne will look to move jefferson for a SF like turk perhaps;)

Twolves88
06-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Warriors are already guard heavy, they have no interest in another pg... or guard for that matter. The wolves actually dont have much for pgs we have sessions and flynn right now.... however its clear that Jefferson and Love don't work well together so at some point one will be traded.

Wolves have zero interest in turk... i have no idea why you would think a rebuilding team would have any interest in an overpaid veteran.....
THINK

asandhu23
06-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Warriors are already guard heavy, they have no interest in another pg... or guard for that matter. The wolves actually dont have much for pgs we have sessions and flynn right now.... however its clear that Jefferson and Love don't work well together so at some point one will be traded.

Wolves have zero interest in turk... i have no idea why you would think a rebuilding team would have any interest in an overpaid veteran.....
THINK

and Rubio. he is on the roster and will be available soon

GetDenarded
06-04-2010, 09:49 PM
and Rubio. he is on the roster and will be available soon

That's still only 3...

Flynn or Sessions will probably be moved before Rubio comes over.

fadedmario
06-04-2010, 09:59 PM
It really doesn't matter if the two teams trade. The Wolves will always be horrible.

GetDenarded
06-04-2010, 10:04 PM
It really doesn't matter if the two teams trade. The Wolves will always be horrible.

This coming from a Tigers and Lions fan?

fadedmario
06-04-2010, 10:09 PM
This coming from a Tigers and Lions fan?

I knew I would get a Minnesota fan to bite on that. Just joking bro, I actually like Kevin Love.

homestarunner93
06-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Bulls get on this http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=27vw268 add a 2011 1st to GS and maybe Minnys 23rd pick in the 2010 draft to GS and sign me up.

Why does Chicago have to be involved in everything? The NBA does not revolve around the Bulls.

robbnen#31
06-04-2010, 11:08 PM

lmao

asandhu23
06-04-2010, 11:24 PM
lmao

especially the retro ones with san francisco in the front and gay on the back. :D

WSU Tony
06-04-2010, 11:44 PM

especially the retro ones with san francisco in the front and gay on the back. :D

We also have Ramon Sessions.

Gay
Love
Sessions

Seriously.

boeknows
06-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Its gotta be a Jefferson for Randolph and pick #4 trade. But what would the Warriors really be willing to pass up on the #4 pick? I'd rather just keep Randolph and hope he pans out along with the #4 pick, even though Big Al is a beast.

The Warriors dont have the #4 pick. The Wolves do. It would be the Wolves giving up the #4 pick and Jefferson for Randolph.

As a Wolves fan i think this trade is total crap.

boeknows
06-05-2010, 02:27 AM

So wait now Minny gets an even worse trade for Jefferson. Plus we have to give up a pick. Give me a break. If you were a Minny fan would you do this?

tredigs
06-05-2010, 02:35 AM
I pray this does not get done. There's a good deal for both teams hidden in here somewhere, but I love Randolph's potential (which I think he is on the brink of fulfilling) so if Cohen manages a way to sign off on a trade that screws this franchise as he's leaving the door... I am going to be livid.

Don't touch anything Riley/Cohen. Just... leave. We'll handle it from here.

PatelJ1010
06-05-2010, 02:42 AM
I wouldnt Mind Trading Biedris if that means getting Cousins @ 4 and Wes @ 6 but we never know what might happen in this draft

Biedris + Randolph + future 1st rounder (2016)
for
Jefferson+ Love + #4 pick

We get Biedris bad contract and replace it with Jefferson. Like Randolph but simple trade for Love I would do it and if Sac takes someone else not name WES, COUSIN, MONROE, and I WILL BE HAPPY

PG- Curry, Watson(maybe we trade him to ORLANDO), R. Williams
SG- Ellis, Azuibuike,
SF- Johnson(WES #4 pick), Maggette,Morrow
PF- Jefferson, Wright, Cousins/Monroe (#6 pick)
C- Love, Turiaf,Hunter

DEEP and YOUNG and now we can rebound the ball and score :) :) :)

Jeff559
06-05-2010, 02:56 AM
durant > randolph what the hell does that have anything to with anything?

Twolves88
06-05-2010, 03:01 AM
I wouldnt Mind Trading Biedris if that means getting Cousins @ 4 and Wes @ 6 but we never know what might happen in this draft

for

We get Biedris bad contract and replace it with Jefferson. Like Randolph but simple trade for Love I would do it and if Sac takes someone else not name WES, COUSIN, MONROE, and I WILL BE HAPPY

SG- Ellis, Azuibuike,
C- Love, Turiaf,Hunter

Just no, thats terrible...

Your taking away a rebuilding franchises picks AND two of its best players for a 2016 draft pick..... just no....please never post a trade again.

Right when your team gets good we get a draft pick.... yay!!!! not...... terrible

iFYouSeekAmy
06-05-2010, 03:51 AM

for

SG- Ellis, Azuibuike,
C- Love, Turiaf,Hunter

I'm confused and a bit startled.. I'm not sure if I'm ******** or forgot about Warriors ever trading their future 1st rounder for next year or something..
But out of all the years you can possibly think of.. why 2016?

montazingmvp
06-05-2010, 06:20 AM
If anything theres no way the wolves would do that trade without you adding something.

4th>6th
Jefferson>Randolph

Add beidris and morrow? Then its possible

Regardless, this forum is for debate and speculation. Meaning that the rumor does have some wheels to it. It has a source.

Edit: the bulls fan trade is terrible.

the source is tim kawakami, look at his track record with these rumors and you'll see why there's skepticism.

really don't want al jefferson on the warriors, his game looks nice but it doesn't produce wins. i would say randolph at 20 has more impact on a game than jefferson does...randolph plays solid help defense, he's a great rebounder, and he's good at drawing fouls...

jefferson is good a putting the ball in the bucket, at an ineffcient rate...no thanks!!

montafan
06-05-2010, 06:58 AM
the smartest thing cohan could do is try to get rudy gay somehow in this deal
his hardwood classic frisco jersey would sell more than allen iversons sixers jersey.

J-Relo
06-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Randolph is much much more valuable then Al Jefferson. Anthony Randolph has as much potential and talent as any young player in the NBA. He just needs to get on the court

Randolph+6th for Jefferson+4th sounds about right, but i do not think itll happen becuz i think minnesota is still trying to move up to 2

you must be crazy :facepalm:

Randolph is much much more valuable then Al Jefferson??? How is that possible?.. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

J-Relo
06-05-2010, 07:26 AM

wow GSW fans just showed how smart they are...

from when still unproven player (Randolph) is worth more than Jefferson? not even counting those picks... :facepalm:

GSRaider
06-05-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm a huge fan of Randolph... He's young and he has huge upside... I'm expecting him to have a beakout year... So, I would want a lot in return for Randolph...

The only way I trade Randolph, is for Kevin Love... Something like, Randolph, Azubuike and the 6th pick for Love and the 4th pick...?... Just an idea

king4day
06-05-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm really shocked GS wants him gone so bad...Maybe Phoenix could offer them Barbosa for him and a contract they wanna dump. I only say that if they're looking to offer him for absolute nothing anyway...

WSU Tony
06-05-2010, 02:17 PM
I'd love to make a deal involving Jefferson for Randolph. Too bad GS is in cap hell and wouldn't be able to take on Jefferson.

Love for Randolph would work.... No picks should be involved, though.

HouRealCoach
06-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Warriors need to trade Ellis, BIedrins, and Maggette

thedfactor
06-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Maybe it happens, but Big AL in Golden St. just doesn't make much sense to me. Al needs to go somewhere with a winning culture to reach his ultimate potential.

B.JenningsMVP
06-05-2010, 04:12 PM
With the POTENTIAL Randolph has, the Dubs can't do this..
With Randolph it's either a Home run or a strike.... Warriors gotta take that chance imo

djeller1139
06-05-2010, 04:20 PM

from when still unproven player (Randolph) is worth more than Jefferson? not even counting those picks... :facepalm:

Contract:
Randolph - Rookie Contract for 2 more years + option
Jefferson - 11, 12 and 13 million remains on contract
Advantage: Randolph

Injuries:
Randolph - One, freak injury on ankle
Jefferson - Multiple injuries, including ACL

Off-Court
Randolph - (Supposed) Coaching Problems
Jefferson - DUI
Advantage: Push??

Upside:
Randolph - Compared to KG, Odom, etc.
Jefferson - Pretty much at or around his peak
Advantage: Well, Randolph for future

There are a lot of reasons why Randolph MIGHT make sense as being 'more valuable'. As well, Minnesota has no true PF, but two Centers (Love and Jefferson). They don't like them paired together, and Randolph could be a nice compliment piece.

PLEASE GSW KEEP ANTHONY RANDOLPH. Unless it's Randolph + something for Love + #4, DON'T MOVE HIM.

Twolves88
06-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Contract:

Injuries:

Off-Court
Jefferson - DUI

Upside:

There are a lot of reasons why Randolph MIGHT make sense as being 'more valuable'. As well, Minnesota has no true PF, but two Centers (Love and Jefferson). They don't like them paired together, and Randolph could be a nice compliment piece.

PLEASE GSW KEEP ANTHONY RANDOLPH. Unless it's Randolph + something for Love + #4, DON'T MOVE HIM.

Neither Jefferson nor love are centers. Both are power forwards..... Jefferson had dropped 20 pounds in order to be able to run the floor better. Jefferson is still young and NOWHERE close to his prime/peak. Also,Jeffersons DUI does not make him worse then RAndolph. Randolph is hard to coach jefferson listens. Jefferson also has not had multiple injuries. Hes had one injury.... and hes came back strong from it. jefffersons contract is very good considering his talent level.... so you can't really compare salaries until Randolph cashes in. He could get overpaid and be a flop...

Your advantace/disadvantage chart is deceiving to say the least. And not accurate by any means.

Mplsman
06-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Love plus #4 straight up for Randolph and some is not even close to a fair deal. Randolph is not worth 2 lotto picks.

FarOutIos
06-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Randolph has good potential, but Jefferson has the better numbers as of right now. So he is right now the better player.

Also, I haven't watched much of Randolph playing, but why does he shoot 44% fg?

Any big man should be close to 50%.

Mplsman
06-05-2010, 05:40 PM
^ word, but Nellie let's him control the ball off the dribble, like most of the young warriors.

Kdirt
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Randolph has good potential, but Jefferson has the better numbers as of right now. So he is right now the better player.

Also, I haven't watched much of Randolph playing, but why does he shoot 44% fg?

Any big man should be close to 50%.
Hes only 20, still working on his J. Nellie gives him the freedom to pull up from where ever and eventually hes gonna get that KG jumper.

WSU Tony
06-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Contract:

Injuries:

Off-Court
Jefferson - DUI

Upside:

You highlighted the part of the guys post where he was saying Randolph is unproven yet none of your statistics address ths issue.

hugepatsfan
06-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Al Jefferson can be among the best scoring bigs in the game if he stays healthy.

topdog
06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
This sucks for GSW if he's traded he was starting to show his potential before he injured his ankle. The only real thing GSW fans can look forward to is seeing their key prospects blossom and him and Curry are their only two with All-Star potential.

Al Jeff would most likely be included since they've tried to move him before. He would be bad for GS, i've heard he is a blackhole on the offense just pads his stats.

Al is not a stat-padder. Trust me, Minnesota fans know stat-padding from watching Kris Humphries at the U of M. Anywayz, he can be a blackhole at times but it's more of an i.q./training type thing. When McHale was here, he, like any youth coach, would tell Jefferson that if he gets the ball low he shouldn't give it back.

topdog
06-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I can't believe people are trying to say Randolph is better than Al or whatever - that is just ridiculous. I can understand saying that you would rather have Randolph or you think he will eventually be better, but it's like saying Mayo is better than Kobe because he's on a rookie contract and hasn't cheated on his wife yet...

PrettyBoyJ
06-06-2010, 12:26 AM
I cud see it happening.. If GS get Jefferson that would fill tht huge hole they had in the post.. And Curry can make Jefferson look better then he really is

Oefarmy2005
06-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I can't believe people are trying to say Randolph is better than Al or whatever - that is just ridiculous. I can understand saying that you would rather have Randolph or you think he will eventually be better, but it's like saying Mayo is better than Kobe because he's on a rookie contract and hasn't cheated on his wife yet...

I was reading though this thread and was getting worked up about GS fans being completely ignorant, and than I read this. You made my day topdog. LMAO!!!:)

P.s. Let's not kid ourselves. When playing in the right system - i.e. last year and not this year in the triangle - Jefferson is a complete stud on offense. Comparing Randolph and Jefferson now and even in the future is laughable. Randolph is definitely <<<< than Jefferson now, and will probably be <<<<< in the future, but he sure fits the triangle - fastbreak offense the Wolves are trying to put in.

montazingmvp
06-06-2010, 12:41 AM

and what exactly has jefferson proven? that he's a terribly inefficient scorer...check
he rebounds horribly for his position...check.
can't play defense...check

97NYer
06-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Randolph/Ellis/Number 6 for Jefferson/number 4

montazingmvp
06-06-2010, 12:54 AM
per 36 min stats last year

randolph 18.5pts 10.3reb 2ast 1.3stl 2.5blk 2.4to .521ts% 18.7PER

jefferson 19pts 10.3reb 2ast 0.9stl 1.4blk 2to .524ts% 19PER

anybody saying jefferson is way better than randolph needs to take their heads out of their ***...randolph and jefferson are basically a wash on offense, jefferson getting a very slight edge. while randolph is the better defender.

keep in mind randolph is 20 and jefferson is 25...

any gm in their right mind would take randolph over jefferson, in a heartbeat...

montazingmvp
06-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Randolph/Ellis/Number 6 for Jefferson/number 4

lol that is a very lopsided trade...

topdog
06-06-2010, 01:10 AM

anybody saying jefferson is way better than randolph needs to take their heads out of their ***...randolph and jefferson are basically a wash on offense, jefferson getting a very slight edge. while randolph is the better defender.

any gm in their right mind would take randolph over jefferson, in a heartbeat...

So you take half a year's stats for Randolph in a high-volume offense alter it to reflect 36 minutes and post it against a year where Al is both coming off a major surgery and adjusting to a difficult offensive scheme with no outside help (as far as shooters) and that "proves" Randolph is a better player?!?

Are you serious?!?!?!?!? Dude, the sun's getting to your head! (jk lol la dee dah)

Some fun facts:
-Randolph would average 4.4 fouls if he could even stay on the floor for 36 minutes... which would again
take him off the floor.
-Randolph shoots 45% taking far fewer shots. That's 5% less than Big Al who is regularly double-teamed.

PatelJ1010
06-06-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm confused and a bit startled.. I'm not sure if I'm ******** or forgot about Warriors ever trading their future 1st rounder for next year or something..
But out of all the years you can possibly think of.. why 2016?

The trade with the Nets for that 1 guy 2 yrs (i think ago) and by 2015 Nets get 2nd round pick instead of a 1st if we are a lottery team each yr (2011-15) so you can trade future first only until after this trade is complete (Marcus Williams trade i think? NAME PLAYER not too sure)

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 01:57 AM

True Knockin

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 02:02 AM

Yeah? Has Anthony Randolph ever averaged 23ppg and 11rpg on back to back seasons???

Al Jefferson has.

The_Mac22
06-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Al Jefferson > Anthony Randolph

Kevin Love > Anthony Randolph

That's just the way it is

Lloyd Christmas
06-06-2010, 02:17 AM

Haha. Even as a Warriors fan I have to give it up to that rebuttle. Nicely done dude.

montazingmvp
06-06-2010, 04:18 AM
So you take half a year's stats for Randolph in a high-volume offense alter it to reflect 36 minutes and post it against a year where Al is both coming off a major surgery and adjusting to a difficult offensive scheme with no outside help (as far as shooters) and that "proves" Randolph is a better player?!?

Are you serious?!?!?!?!? Dude, the sun's getting to your head! (jk lol la dee dah)

Some fun facts:
-Randolph would average 4.4 fouls if he could even stay on the floor for 36 minutes... which would again
take him off the floor.
-Randolph shoots 45% taking far fewer shots. That's 5% less than Big Al who is regularly double-teamed.

don't come at me with fg%...ts% is the greatest measure of scoring efficiency...and they have the same %'s when it comes to that.
fg% doesn't take into account how good a player is at getting to the line and how well they shoot at the line. and it doesn't take 3pt% into consideration either. thats all part of scoring.

i think its funny that you mention some adversity that al jefferson has gone through this year, as if randolph hasn't either :rolleyes:

and its funny you mention high volume offense. because the t-wolves play at a very fast pace too.

montazingmvp
06-06-2010, 04:24 AM
Yeah? Has Anthony Randolph ever averaged 23ppg and 11rpg on back to back seasons???

Al Jefferson has.

lol another 12 year old coming at me with basic stats like ppg and rpg with no context whatsoever. scoring 23ppg hurts your team when you do it at a below avg pct for your position. it means you're taking lots of low pct shots when their are probably higher pct shots somewhere else on the court. and his rebounding numbers are nice, but they look a lot better than they actually are...he doesn't have all that great of rebounding pct's...worse than randolphs...this means that when randolph is on the floor, he's going to go get more boards for you than jefferson.

your post right here reminded me why i stopped coming to this forum, because people make claims like this with no understanding for stats whatsoever...and you're not willing to learn how to analyze stats in the correct way. (Not necessarily you but lots of people here)

Kakaroach
06-06-2010, 10:34 AM
The Warriors and Timberwolves have reportedly discussed a trade that would send Anthony Randolph to Minnesota for the Wolves' #4 pick and "maybe" Al Jefferson or Kevin Love.

Warriors GM Larry Riley wasn't giving many clues: "My position all along on Randolph is that we aren't trading him unless there is a really good player on the other end ... Every time my phone starts ringing, people start asking about him. What does that tell you? I'm not rushing to make any rash decisions. But it's my job to listen." http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_15237031?source=rss

Thats insane, Kahn is an idiot if he trades Jefferson or Love + the 4th pick for just Randolph.

Sports Illustrator
06-06-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_15237031?source=rss

Thats insane, Kahn is an idiot if he trades Jefferson or Love + the 4th pick for just Randolph.

I really doubt the deal would just be Jefferson/Love & #4 pick for Randolph. You really see trades like that unless its about dumping salary, but there is no reason to do that here since Jefferson and Love are legitimate players. To me it is just a trade idea/rumor and nothing more for the moment. With that said though, I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade happening where the #4 pick and Randolph will be moved, but just not that trade.

Kakaroach
06-06-2010, 10:43 AM
I really doubt the deal would just be Jefferson/Love & #4 pick for Randolph. You really see trades like that unless its about dumping salary, but there is no reason to do that here since Jefferson and Love are legitimate players. To me it is just a trade idea/rumor and nothing more for the moment. With that said though, I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade happening where the #4 pick and Randolph will be moved, but just not that trade. Yeah that seems more reasonable to me as well. But the question is what kind of deal would that be? #4 for Randolph straight up?

Sports Illustrator
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah that seems more reasonable to me as well. But the question is what kind of deal would that be? #4 for Randolph straight up?

Well, I wasn't necessarily talking about the Warriors and Timberwolves making a trade. I meant that I wouldn't be surprised to see the pick or Randolph getting moved to other teams.

If I had to make a guess for the two teams to make a trade, I would say the #4 pick for Randolph and a 2nd round pick or a nice add on.

Kakaroach
06-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Well, I wasn't necessarily talking about the Warriors and Timberwolves making a trade. I meant that I wouldn't be surprised to see the pick or Randolph getting moved to other teams.

If I had to make a guess for the two teams to make a trade, I would say the #4 pick for Randolph and a 2nd round pick or a nice add on. Ahhh I see what your saying. Yeah, guess what this really means is that both are on the market.

topdog
06-06-2010, 12:33 PM
don't come at me with fg%...ts% is the greatest measure of scoring efficiency...and they have the same %'s when it comes to that.
fg% doesn't take into account how good a player is at getting to the line and how well they shoot at the line. and it doesn't take 3pt% into consideration either. thats all part of scoring.

i think its funny that you mention some adversity that al jefferson has gone through this year, as if randolph hasn't either :rolleyes:

and its funny you mention high volume offense. because the t-wolves play at a very fast pace too.

Yeah because Jefferson faced his rehabilitation playing the whole year, not hanging it up in December.

You are seriously skewing stats:
-Your sample size only includes one year and for Randolph that only means a
couple months.
-You adjust Randolph's stats to reflect 36 minutes, but when does he ever
play that many and how can you assume that his production would stay a
straight line upward? Plus, how can he stay in a game that long averaging
the fouls he does?
-Randolph had shooters around him and didn't have to face a double team
every time down. Surely that has an impact on FG%, whereas getting to the
line is subject to referees actually calling fouls and neither is really a 3pt
shooter so why does that (TS%) even matter? Plus, bigs need to finish through contact which plays into FG%.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-06-2010, 02:36 PM

If that's the way it is, why not make it more stupid - (er?) -- but realistic.

Maggette and VladRad expiring for Jefferson, Love and 4th.

Cap matches; hahah, I can see Kahn doing it ,too. :speechless:

topdog
06-06-2010, 03:09 PM
If that's the way it is, why not make it more stupid - (er?) -- but realistic.

Maggette and VladRad expiring for Jefferson, Love and 4th.

Cap matches; hahah, I can see Kahn doing it ,too. :speechless:

It doesn't say that's a specific deal, merely those are pieces that are targeted.

Yeah, that's real realistic... since Kahn wants Randolph...

I question your basketball knowledge. What move has Kahn made that would be precedent for such an assertion? And who the hell wants to touch Maggette's awful contract? Finally, why would you want Love and Jefferson? The whole reason there is talk of one being traded is that they can't play next to each other (at least defensively) and both deserve big minutes.

GSRaider
06-06-2010, 03:18 PM

I'm praying to the basketball gods for this one

B.JenningsMVP
06-06-2010, 03:26 PM
i know warrior fans really wanna keep Randolph... but if it's Love + 4th for Randolph straight up, it's gonna be hard to pass up.
If that does happen...
Curry
Monta
Mags/Aminu
Love
Cousins/Beans

Mplsman
06-06-2010, 03:35 PM
lol another 12 year old coming at me with basic stats like ppg and rpg with no context whatsoever. scoring 23ppg hurts your team when you do it at a below avg pct for your position. it means you're taking lots of low pct shots when their are probably higher pct shots somewhere else on the court. and his rebounding numbers are nice, but they look a lot better than they actually are...he doesn't have all that great of rebounding pct's...worse than randolphs...this means that when randolph is on the floor, he's going to go get more boards for you than jefferson.

your post right here reminded me why i stopped coming to this forum, because people make claims like this with no understanding for stats whatsoever...and you're not willing to learn how to analyze stats in the correct way. (Not necessarily you but lots of people here)

You can throw insults my way if that makes you feel like a big boy, but the simple fact is this, Al puts up big numbers for a reason because he's an established top talent. Randoplh is a prospect with upside who's stats you like to stretch in arguments by claiming per 36 numbers. The kid hasn't proven anything yet. He played 33 games last year and that's the stats you wanna stretch and base you entire opinon from? Please. Live in your dream world and continue to stretch randoplhs numbers but the fact is Al posts real numbers aka all star numbers. All this coming from a guy ripping Als numbers saying that 23ppg hurts a team, when your profile is named after the biggest chucker in the league.

SpeeMN
06-06-2010, 03:48 PM
^lol...

Stop wishing, that will never happen. Randolph is an unproven big that was taken #14 two drafts ago. He is potential.

Love is a 15pt 12reb guy
Jefferson is a 20pt 10reb guy

The Timberwolves may make the trade if McHale was still the GM, but he is no more. Thank the basketball gods for that.

D1JM
06-06-2010, 03:53 PM
^lol...

Stop wishing, that will never happen. Randolph is an unproven big that was taken #14 two drafts ago. He is potential.

Love is a 15pt 12reb guy

The Timberwolves may make the trade if McHale was still the GM, but he is no more. Thank the basketball gods for that.

didnt he score like 100 points in one game during the summer league lol

montazingmvp
06-07-2010, 05:20 AM
i know warrior fans really wanna keep Randolph... but if it's Love + 4th for Randolph straight up, it's gonna be hard to pass up.
If that does happen...
Curry
Monta
Mags/Aminu
Love
Cousins/Beans

i would take love in a second...

jefferson, not so much

montazingmvp
06-07-2010, 05:25 AM
You can throw insults my way if that makes you feel like a big boy, but the simple fact is this, Al puts up big numbers for a reason because he's an established top talent. Randoplh is a prospect with upside who's stats you like to stretch in arguments by claiming per 36 numbers. The kid hasn't proven anything yet. He played 33 games last year and that's the stats you wanna stretch and base you entire opinon from? Please. Live in your dream world and continue to stretch randoplhs numbers but the fact is Al posts real numbers aka all star numbers. All this coming from a guy ripping Als numbers saying that 23ppg hurts a team, when your profile is named after the biggest chucker in the league.

fact of the matter is. jefferson can put up those nice looking numbers all day, provided no context they look nice...

but he's not helping his team win..and that is reflected in the standings...

also per 36 minutes are extremely accurate in gauging how a player performs given that amount of time...

those stats don't suddenly fluctuate because he starts playing more...more often than not.

if you don't believe me, look at some players per 36 stats when they were young not getting a ton of time, and then look at their stats when they started getting time...

the per 36 and the stats from their prime usually are very similar...

montazingmvp
06-07-2010, 05:26 AM
^lol...

Love is a 15pt 12reb guy

its funny by the stats you just threw out their it looks like jefferson is the better player...when in fact love is easily the better player...

show's how much those raw stats (given no context) really mean

PatelJ1010
06-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Well this was his chart when he got drafted Anthony Randolph >http://www.nbadraft.net/players/anthony-randolph

Here is Kevin Love >http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kevin-love