PDA

View Full Version : Where would Boston and Detroit be if....

HouRealCoach
06-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Detroit had accepted that trade Stuckey, Rip, Prince for ROndo, Allen?

Do you think Boston wouldve missed the Playoffs? DO you think Detroit would have made it?

king4day
06-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Given what Rondo has become, I'm sure Detroit is upset they didn't pull the trigger.
They'd have cap space and a top 5 pg for years.

igPay atinLay
06-03-2010, 11:45 PM
I doubt Detroit cares....the fans do but not the team....its a loser attitude for a company to focus on what they did or did not do yesterday. A smart company and one that has any success focuses on what is best today and laying a foundation for bigger things tomorrow.

Shaddix
06-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Wow, good find. I forgot about that. Detroit would be much better obv.

td0tsfinest
06-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Was this really on the table? I don't really recall this.

fadedmario
06-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Was this really on the table? I don't really recall this.

Yes it was. We would have still sucked and Rondo would not have developed the way he has in Boston. We have terrible coaching and Rondo has gotten better because he has three future hall-of-famers on his team. Stuckey would have probably become an all-star playing with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce.

coloradobuff
06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
damn dumars has messed up past few years..drafting darko, trading billups and then getting gunshy here..

OA SLAY
06-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah there is no way rondo would have florished the way he has with him n Gordon in the back court. Altho Det would have more $$$ to spend this off season

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Without Rondo, the Celtics certainly wouldn't be in the Finals.

PrettyBoyJ
06-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I think the pistons would've been the same.. replacing rip for allen, losing prince as a defender, and only really gaining from a future top 5 pg.. Allen could opt his contract and then they also have ben gordon whose inconsistent.. and Charlie V whose over paid and not as talented as ppl think.. they jus dump themselves in awhole that there already in so no change and boston wouldnt be in sync.. stuckey not really a playmaker.. and he def wont be able to runs the C's offense

ballpd05
06-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't think any of them would be good enough to warrant any special attention.

I think that with Rondo and Allen you get a better Detroit team, but nobody will scared of them as contenders.

Boston would be good if they still got Stuckey, Rip, and Tayshaun. That gives them a pretty good squad if they get a true point guard somewhere along the line, Stuckey isn't a pg. Cuz they still will have Paul Pierce and KG (Al Jefferson if you take that trade away too.) and Kendrick Perkins. Which is still a pretty talented team, but who knows how they gel.

Raoul Duke
06-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Given what Rondo has become, I'm sure Detroit is upset they didn't pull the trigger.

Gee... y'think?

Yes, it really chaps our collective *** that we didn't make this move. Boston actually offered us Glen Davis as part of the deal also. At this point, I think it's safe to say that Rondo is going to be a much better PG in this league than Stuckey. Plus we'd have a ton of flexibility this summer. So, yeah, it's making me want to vomit even typing this.

But I mean, c'mon... it didn't look like half as good a deal when it was offered as it does now. Hindsight is always 20/20. Shrug...

Bruno
06-04-2010, 04:15 PM
The Gordon/Villinuieva signings, not making this trade happen, trading Billups, and drafting Darko have been some of the most massive front office mistakes of the past decade.

The fact that Detroit isn't a contender, OR in the running for FA 2010 is an embarrassment and the fans should be seriously disappointed.

Raoul Duke
06-04-2010, 05:29 PM
The Gordon/Villinuieva signings, not making this trade happen, trading Billups, and drafting Darko have been some of the most massive front office mistakes of the past decade.

The fact that Detroit isn't a contender, OR in the running for FA 2010 is an embarrassment and the fans should be seriously disappointed.

Yeah, they're big mistakes, but look at our track record. How could we possibly be that disappointed after the decade we had? Also, every good GM has made some terrible mistakes. I'm content to give Dumars another year or two to sort this out.

PLAYERS FAN
06-04-2010, 05:33 PM

Can't believe Detroit didn't do that trade:facepalm:

Twolves88
06-04-2010, 05:38 PM
celtics fall to the 6th seed.
Detroit wins 10 more games

shep33
06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Fishing...

JWO35
06-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Rondo Stats are somewhat skewed by the players he plays with, I think Stuckey would have put up similar numbers vs Rondo current ones with the C's. If the trade would have happened I'm sure the Pistons would have made the Playoffs and the Celtics wouldn't have made it to the Finals(obviously Rondo played a major key part).

Not really mad the Pistons didn't make this trade, sure it would have been good to have Rondo...but we still wouldn't be a Top 5 seed team. So it wasn't a trade that would have skyrocketed us to the top of the Eastern Conference

SteveNash
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Boston would be in the Finals still.

Detroit, better financially.

RNess78c
06-04-2010, 06:35 PM
detroit if they did and didnt pull those trades and drafted right and resigned sheed

C Wallace
PF Wallace
SF Carmelo
SG Allen
PG Billups/Rondo

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW! thats a championship team for awhile as a person who likes the pistons franchise i wish they did do that

dtmagnet
06-04-2010, 06:46 PM
detroit if they did and didnt pull those trades and drafted right and resigned sheed

C Wallace
PF Wallace
SF Carmelo
SG Allen
PG Billups/Rondo

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW! thats a championship team for awhile as a person who likes the pistons franchise i wish they did do that

If they still had Billups why would they trade for Rondo, that makes no sense.

69centers
06-04-2010, 07:11 PM
I doubt Detroit cares....the fans do but not the team....its a loser attitude for a company to focus on what they did or did not do yesterday. A smart company and one that has any success focuses on what is best today and laying a foundation for bigger things tomorrow.

It's a basketball team, not a company. They suit up in shorts, not pinstripes suits. Nice, business like way of politely saying DETROIT effed up. :cool:

Bruno
06-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah, they're big mistakes, but look at our track record. How could we possibly be that disappointed after the decade we had? Also, every good GM has made some terrible mistakes. I'm content to give Dumars another year or two to sort this out.

There's no doubting how genius it was getting Billups, Wallace, Wallace, Rip, and Price all on the same team during their primes. But the actions that made that happen are already almost ten years old. Since then, theyve done thing to plan for a future without those guys, and they seriously dropped the ball not getting more for Billups, and signing Gordon and Charlie V. to those laugh out loud ridiculous contracts (in the middle of the recession).

I'd agree he deserves a few more years.

KingOf215
06-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Way to go, Joe D.

Fireworld
06-05-2010, 12:44 AM
What if you weren't born?