PDA

View Full Version : David Lee's laughable workout schedule.

fairandbalanced
06-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Mark Bartlestein, the agent for David Lee, said that Lee is putting up 500 three-point jump shots per day so far this off-season. Lee is working on improving his long-distance game.

Bartelstein said Lee's preference is to stay in New York but he expects his client to receive heavy interest from other teams this summer.

The lowly Knicks can't seem to catch a break, at a time they're trying to attract free agents, their only reliable low post player is launching 3 point shots. Would any free agent be encouraged about the Knicks management? It seems like David's lee assignment for the off season is misplaced, instead of perfecting his short range jumpers, he's out there launching 500 three point shots a day....isn't that why you've guards and a Small forward?

jacquewho?
06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Well he's not really a Knick anymore...he's kinda a FA now...this is his own motive, not the Knicks decision.

fairandbalanced
06-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Well he's not really a Knick anymore...he's kinda a FA now...this is his own motive, not the Knicks decision.

That suck, he needs another trainer.

beasted86
06-03-2010, 12:42 PM

This.

Plus I think he's trying to add the "Troy Murphy" affect to his game. But he's already a way better inside scorer and passer than Murphy... and as good of a rebounder. At 6'9" Lee will never be able to dominate the paint like a true Center. He's just expanding his strengths.

Sadds The Gr8
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
maybe he's just trying to expand his offensive game? :shrug:

Don't see what's wrong with it...as long as he uses his 3 pt shot when needed, and doesn't become a jacker like JR Smith or Al Harrington...

ManRam
06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Link please...

And he's just trying to expand his offensive game. Not being able to play defense is a lot more acceptable if you have an all-around offensive game...

If he can make them, it's a good weapon to have for sure.

ShakeN'Bake
06-03-2010, 12:46 PM

Don't see what's wrong with it...as long as he uses his 3 pt shot when needed, and doesn't become a jacker like JR Smith or Al Harrington...

Or Antoine Walker.

effen5
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
This thread sucks

fairandbalanced
06-03-2010, 12:48 PM

Lets hope so, I am not a big fan of Big players launching 3 pointers......they tend to settle for it more often. I would understand if his low post game/short range jumpers was on point.

Evolution23
06-03-2010, 12:48 PM
he short range/ mid range jumper is already great.. why not add a 3 point shot to spread the offense? Every year he adds something to his game.. how many players do u know that do that every off season?

fairandbalanced
06-03-2010, 12:52 PM
he short range/ mid range jumper is already great.. why not add a 3 point shot to spread the offense? Every year he adds something to his game.. how many players do u know that do that every off season?

Lets keep in mind that he a C/PF, no need expanding your game that way. Learn defense, rebound skills.....don't just sit there launching 3 pointers all off season.

SluggeR
06-03-2010, 12:52 PM
His mid range/highpost game is SICK. What he needs to work on is defense and blocking shots. If Lee average like 1.5 blocks a game...he would be mentioned with the elite free agents.

Carey
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
This.

Plus I think he's trying to add the "Troy Murphy" affect to his game. But he's already a way better inside scorer and passer than Murphy... and as good of a rebounder. At 6'9" Lee will never be able to dominate the paint like a true Center. He's just expanding his strengths.

Makes sense

fairandbalanced
06-03-2010, 12:54 PM
His mid range/highpost game is SICK. What he needs to work on is defense and blocking shots. If Lee average like 1.5 blocks a game...he would be mentioned with the elite free agents.

What I had in mind......

knickerbockerny
06-03-2010, 12:55 PM
He already has a great mid range to short range game. The guy does not miss those shots to often. He has an above average low post game as well, being able to use both hands around the rim and finish aggressively. He shots free throws pretty well too. Might as well improve your 3pt game, what else is left to do offensively at the pf position for him? At least he is at them gym.

If David Lee can improve his defense he can take his game to the next level.

knickerbockerny
06-03-2010, 12:56 PM
The lowly Knicks can't seem to catch a break, at a time they're trying to attract free agents, their only reliable low post player is launching 3 point shots. Would any free agent be encouraged about the Knicks management? It seems like David's lee assignment for the off season is misplaced, instead of perfecting his short range jumpers, he's out there launching 500 three point shots a day....isn't that why you've guards and a Small forward?

You guys love to hate the Knicks!

PatsSoxKnicks
06-03-2010, 12:59 PM

And how will he do that? He's an undersized unathletic guy. No offense but how many 6-9 white guys who can't jump do you know that can block lots of shots?

Sure he doesn't put much effort on the defensive end but he's also very limited in being able to physically play defense against guys who are taller, more athletic and stronger.

kozelkid
06-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Well I'm in agreement with the OP.
Let's be honest, Lee's defense is atrocious. THAT is what he should be working on, not learning to jack 3's, especially cause I doubt he will ever be efficient from there.

NYKnickFanatic
06-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Lets keep in mind that he a C/PF, no need expanding your game that way. Learn defense, rebound skills.....don't just sit there launching 3 pointers all off season.

I think Lee knows how to rebound already...

What is so wrong with him working on that? Hop off his penis...

JasonJohnHorn
06-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Nothing wrong with a center who can hit threes. It worked for channign Frye this year, and Laimbeer and Perkins made careers off of it, and Sheed seems to do well by it as well.

I argree that there are other things Lee could work on, but where ever he goes he will be a third or fourth option so he's gotta work on hitting open shots and if there are isolation plays for players like Durant (if he signs with the Thunder) or somebody else, then having range like that will really help.

though his mid range jumper is decent, it could be better, and he could work on defence, though that is hard to do unless you are working out with a lot of guys and the coaching staff.

As long as he's hitting the weights and working on conditioing to stay at his current level, everything else is just an added bonus.

Kudos to Lee for trying to expand his game.

kozelkid
06-03-2010, 01:02 PM
And how will he do that? He's an undersized unathletic guy. No offense but how many 6-9 white guys who can't jump do you know that can block lots of shots?

Sure he doesn't put much effort on the defensive end but he's also very limited in being able to physically play defense against guys who are taller, more athletic and stronger.

And yet a guy like Anderson Varejao is considered a very, very good defender. There ways around athleticism to being a good defender. The obvious would be fundamentals. In the case of Varejao, he is a great knack for getting charges (flops or not, he takes advantage of officiating, that's what smart players do).
Lee could start with that.

NYKnickFanatic
You guys love to hate the Knicks!

They really do. I could only imagine IF we get some big name free agents, it would be the end of the world...

$KnicksAndKobe$
Nothing wrong with learning something new. Hope he learns defense though.

ewing
06-03-2010, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=patsSOXknicks;13538089]And how will he do that? He's an undersized unathletic guy. No offense but how many 6-9 white guys who can't jump do you know that can block lots of shots?

When did Lee become unathletic. I'd suggest you watch a couple of games before summing up a guy's potential in one sentence. David Lee was a HS dunk champion who was on draft boards b/c of his athletism

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/David-Lee-87/

The guy is limited defensively by short arms and poor lateral quickness not his vert or end to end quickness

Gibby23
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=patsSOXknicks;13538089]And how will he do that? He's an undersized unathletic guy. No offense but how many 6-9 white guys who can't jump do you know that can block lots of shots?

When did Lee become unathletic. I'd suggest you watch a couple of games before summing up a guy's potential in one sentence. David Lee was a HS dunk champion who was on draft boards b/c of his athletism

The guy is limited defensively by short arms and poor lateral quickness not his vert or end to end quickness

Whats up Pat.

Ragun
06-03-2010, 01:10 PM
he has a good work ethic...remember when he couldnt knock down a mid range shot? now he can knock it down better than a lot of bigs in this league.

this is not a laughable workout.

NYKnickFanatic
06-03-2010, 01:27 PM
he has a good work ethic...remember when he couldnt knock down a mid range shot? now he can knock it down better than a lot of bigs in this league.

this is not a laughable workout.

:clap:

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 01:34 PM
How is it laughable? What's wrong with working on his 3 point shot? If he gets a good one he will be so good.

SluggeR
06-03-2010, 01:37 PM

Lee is a good athlete, the boy can jump; he just needs to add force to his game.

dolphan
06-03-2010, 01:42 PM
David lee already dominates the inside paint and glass. If he adds the Troy Murphy/Channing Frye effect he will be lethal all around.

BkOriginalOne
06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Just because he is practicing 3s doesn't mean he has to be camping out there for the rest of the season.
If anything he is increasing his value. A double double machine with passing ability and 3 point shooting? Sounds pretty good.

ldc62
06-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Most NBA players do try to do add to their game...

Robbw241
06-03-2010, 01:53 PM
If he wants to fit the Knicks system, gotta hit threes :shrug:

arkanian215
06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Looks like he's trying to expand his game he can get a bigger paycheck.

THE MTL
06-03-2010, 02:03 PM
David Lee was a horrible free throw shooter in his first season. He came back the very next season shooting 80% from the free throw line. His jumpshot was atrocious for the next two two seasons (I dont count his first two seasons cause Lee still made his living off garbage buckets). Now his jump shot is RATCHET! Midrange game is automatic.

A whole summer of working on three pointers. Lee might come out next year being a good 3pt shooter.

n83417
06-03-2010, 02:11 PM

What I found funny...

Is you use the scouting report to say he is athletic... Then you say he has "short arms"...

If you look, the profile says he is 6'7 and 3/4" with a 7 foot wing span. That does not qualify as short arms...

Evolution23
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM

I agree he needs to be a better Defender but rebounding skills? U can't be serious :facepalm:

Chronz
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM
lol wasnt Shaq was blamed for not developing his jumper

Evolution23
06-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Don't the Heat have a jump shooting PF who can't play defense or rebound to well?

Beasely isn't comparable to David Lee.

Trouble87
06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Lee improves every summer

If he's working on that 3, it will be money next season

ToldYa
06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
The lowly Knicks can't seem to catch a break, at a time they're trying to attract free agents, their only reliable low post player is launching 3 point shots.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

Slimsim
06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
If Chris Bosh was working on his 3 point shooting would it still be a laughable work out ?

n83417
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
If Chris Bosh was working on his 3 point shooting would it still be a laughable work out ?

Two totally different games. Bosh is more finesse as opposed to Lee's more physical game. Also, Lee knows he can't shoot 3s. He is 0-13 in his career.

Bosh is 50-168. Just below 30%. That shows he may have some potential of being a decent 3 point shooter.

So no. It would not be laughable. Apples and oranges.

abe_froman
06-03-2010, 02:41 PM
should he be workingt on his d;yeah sure...but working on your game,no matter what is is,i just cant see how it'd be a bad thing

madiaz3
06-03-2010, 02:44 PM
And yet a guy like Anderson Varejao is considered a very, very good defender. There ways around athleticism to being a good defender. The obvious would be fundamentals. In the case of Varejao, he is a great knack for getting charges (flops or not, he takes advantage of officiating, that's what smart players do).
Lee could start with that.

Anderson Varejao is nearly 7 feet and plays PF. Lee is 6'9 and was playing center.

Lee just has to prove he is able to knock down open ones because he can take ANY big off the dribble from the three point line without a doubt in my mind.

Slimsim
06-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Two totally different games. Bosh is more finesse as opposed to Lee's more physical game. Also, Lee knows he can't shoot 3s. He is 0-13 in his career.

Bosh is 50-168. Just below 30%. That shows he may have some potential of being a decent 3 point shooter.

So no. It would not be laughable. Apples and oranges.

Read that again and tell me how someone who only shot 13 3 pointers can't develop a three point shoot and add another weapon to his arsenal. if you said 113 maybe you have a point.

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 02:45 PM
does the OP not play basketball or know anything about the game? Hes already a very good low post scorer. whats wrong with trying to expand your game?

n83417
06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Read that again and tell me how someone who only shot 13 3 pointers can't develop a three point shoot and add another weapon to his arsenal. if you said 113 maybe you have a point.

Maybe he has only taken 13 because he knows its not his game, not his strength. If the dude is 27 years old, and has taken 13 threes in 4 years, do you really think all of a sudden become a legitimate 3 point threat?

I'm sure he has experimented with threes in HS, College, Practice, workouts and in his own personal court.

If he had any potential as a 3 point shooter, he would have discovered it by now.

He was 0-6 in 4 years at Florida. The dude has taken 17 threes in a game situation in the last 8 years.

He has a reason he doesn't shoot threes.

madiaz3
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Maybe he has only taken 13 because he knows its not his game, not his strength. If the dude is 27 years old, and has taken 13 threes in 4 years, do you really think all of a sudden become a legitimate 3 point threat?

I'm sure he has experimented with threes in HS, College, Practice, workouts and in his own personal court.

If he had any potential as a 3 point shooter, he would have discovered it by now.

He was 0-6 in 4 years at Florida. The dude has taken 17 threes in a game situation in the last 8 years.

He has a reason he doesn't shoot threes.

Yes because three seasons ago he had similar statistics with mid-ranged shots. No one thought he had one, no one wanted him take them. Then two seasons later he had one of the best midrange jumpers in the league for a PF/C.

king4day
06-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Maybe he's preparing in case Amar'e leaves Phoenix. He might be a good fit if he can hit long range shots.

kozelkid
06-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Anderson Varejao is nearly 7 feet and plays PF. Lee is 6'9 and was playing center.

Not the point. He SHOULD be playing pf. Blame NY for implementing a failed system. Regardless, being 6'9 is no excuse for being unable to defend pf's either for that matter or any perimeter player who is penetrating.
I really don't think people realize just how bad his defense is.

n83417
06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Yes because three seasons ago he had similar statistics with mid-ranged shots. No one thought he had one, no one wanted him take them. Then two seasons later he had one of the best midrange jumpers in the league for a PF/C.

Lots of PFs can hit mid range jumpers. Few can hit 3s. There is a 7-10 foot difference between a mid range jumper and a 3.

papisupremo
06-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Not the point. He SHOULD be playing pf. Blame NY for implementing a failed system. Regardless, being 6'9 is no excuse for being unable to defend pf's either for that matter or any perimeter player who is penetrating.
I really don't think people realize just how bad his defense is.

only half true. you're absolutely right that he SHOULD be playing pf, dlee is NOT a center in ANY system! but when our perimeter d is sooo bad, in essence the man has to defend two players, the penetrating pg or wing, and the pf. no matter what he does, he'll get burned because of the overall atrociousness of the team D. that said, yeah his d can improve, but all things considered, its not nearly as bad as the perception.

ps: bulls suck :)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
wow I agree with fairandbalanced

C'mon work on your defense David, not become antonie walker

Giaps
06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
What a failure of a thread. :pity:

97NYer
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM

If you watched the Knicks you know that he rarely posts up. And why not try to expand your game out to the 3 point line?

PrettyBoyJ
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I think its great.. makes him more of a threat.. Now He cud stretch the floor and pounded it down low.. And if he's working on his 3 pt shot he's most likely working on his mid-range as well.. he could go from 19.0 ppg to mayb 22-24.0 ppg if everythin works out for him..

n83417
06-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I think its great.. makes him more of a threat.. Now He cud stretch the floor and pounded it down low.. And if he's working on his 3 pt shot he's most likely working on his mid-range as well.. he could go from 19.0 ppg to mayb 22-24.0 ppg if everythin works out for him..

Or if he works on his defense and goes to a team where he is not the number one scoring option, he could go back down to earth and be a 16 and 12 guy, and be a better all around player by learning to play defense and block some shots.

AddiX
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I don't even want Lee on the Knicks but you can't fault the man for working on his game.

Channing Frye never shot threes in NY and rarely in portland, now he camps the 3 line.

whitemamba33
06-03-2010, 04:41 PM
lol got to love it when internet posters try and tell an NBA star how to train.

Method28
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Why are you bashing the guy for working on his long range? Makes no sense to me. So he should just stick to rebounding and post moves....and not add another demension to his game? Im all for the improvement.

saintdrew
06-03-2010, 05:19 PM

Nail on the head right there.

soonabooma
06-03-2010, 05:38 PM
You can't learn anything playing for Mike D'Antoni in New York. He needs to get as far away from that organization as he possibly can. He's been carrying the entire Knicks team on his back, and doing a pretty damn good job of it under the circumstances. But he needs to be on a team where he doesn't have to do EVERYTHING. He needs to be a part of a TEAM. In New York, he IS the team. That's pathetic. Get this dude to OKC fast, and I bet the questions about his ability to defend go right out the window. I'd be fine starting him at PF with Serge Ibaka at the 5, and let Jeff Green come off the bench.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 06:01 PM

David Lee is very athletic. He's a high flier. He just doesn't play defense. Have you seen some of the dunks he's thrown down in dunk contests?

He is very athletic.

Kakaroach
06-03-2010, 06:04 PM
The guy's jumper has come a very long way. Only fitting he makes it so that he can shoot threes too.

SAiNi_21
06-03-2010, 06:09 PM
he is just trying to get better, cant knock i guy for trying i guess ... although i agree with most of you that if he spent more time on defense it would be more beneficial to him however having a three point shot is always good too (Y).

roshan3ai
06-03-2010, 06:18 PM
What's laughable about this? He's just trying to make himself more attractive to teams during Free Agency and expand his offensive repertoire.

RNess78c
06-03-2010, 06:25 PM
He tryna be like Dirk

GSW Hoops
06-03-2010, 07:01 PM
This.

Sounds more like the Manute Bol effect. Zing!

Truheatfan
06-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Or Antoine Walker.

you said the forbidden name lmao. i dont see anything wrong if he can expand his range that only makes him a better player

ohreally
06-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Lee is not stupid, no way he's going to camp outside and shoot threes all the time. But since he can drive, and pass very well, a three would definitely help his overall offensive game. He really only started emphasizing his jumper this past year, and proved to be quite efficient with it, 49.6% from 10-15 feet, 43% from 16-(23) feet; Bosh was also 43% from 16-23 feet, and 43.9% from 10-15 feet. I think there's a good possibility Lee extends his range another 4-5 feet for the three, and ups his average while opening up the floor for his passes and drives.

Listen to Barkley: if David Lee is my third option I'm winning a championship.

SugeKnight
06-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Good for David Lee. You Ph4L3

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-04-2010, 01:17 AM
He obviously wanted to bash the knicks in the NBA forum where he could get some more people to bash along with him with this terrible thread... Look around.. Most people arent riding with you homie... This had nothing to do with the Knicks. David is just trying to expand his offense.. Sheesh:facepalm:

JiffyMix88
06-04-2010, 01:48 AM
For some reason I Didn't find this laughable....

knickfan4life
06-04-2010, 02:00 AM
he needs to be practicing defense not 3 pointers, his defense is pathetic to say the least

braveniler58
06-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Well, David. Phoenix, MLE?

soonabooma
06-04-2010, 04:21 AM
When I watch David Lee play basketball, all I can think about is......screw the New York Knicks and screw Mike D'Antoni. The Knicks are a piece of CRAP organization and D'Antoni is a piece of CRAP coach. They don't deserve him. I guarantee you....if Lee is wearing a Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, or Thunder jersey, he's known as a GOOD defender. It's getting ridiculous. The dude has the absolute worst teacher on the planet, and he gets a bad rap. Screw that team, they stink to high heaven. At the rate he's going, he's gonna go down as one of the greatest ONE man shows in the history of the league. Screw his coach becuz he stinks, and screw his teammates becuz they stink to high heaven. GET LEE OUT OF NEW YORK. No player in the league needs to move more than Lee. Heck with the Knicks, they suck, and they don't help him out at all. They've been a LOSER organization since the start and nothing has changed. He's better than the NEW YORK KNICKS. In fact....get rid of that organization altogether.

loki34
06-04-2010, 01:02 PM
When I watch David Lee play basketball, all I can think about is......screw the New York Knicks and screw Mike D'Antoni. The Knicks are a piece of CRAP organization and D'Antoni is a piece of CRAP coach. They don't deserve him. I guarantee you....if Lee is wearing a Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, or Thunder jersey, he's known as a GOOD defender. It's getting ridiculous. The dude has the absolute worst teacher on the planet, and he gets a bad rap. Screw that team, they stink to high heaven. At the rate he's going, he's gonna go down as one of the greatest ONE man shows in the history of the league. Screw his coach becuz he stinks, and screw his teammates becuz they stink to high heaven. GET LEE OUT OF NEW YORK. No player in the league needs to move more than Lee. Heck with the Knicks, they suck, and they don't help him out at all. They've been a LOSER organization since the start and nothing has changed. He's better than the NEW YORK KNICKS. In fact....get rid of that organization altogether.

Wow, jersey fan?

Becks2307
06-04-2010, 01:04 PM

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH

David Lee had his two best years under D'antoni. As a matter of fact had Lee been on another team these past couple of years he would never have been an all star.

your post is so full of fail I dont even feel like addressing the rest of it tbh

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 01:05 PM
He should work on post defense, shot blocking--you know, stuff centers should be able to do.

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Dude are you even an American??? Blasphemy, I wish Clyde would diggum smack you for this post^^^. Knick hating is becoming an epidemic.

I'm an American who can't stand the Knicks :eyebrow:

Slimsim
06-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm an American who can't stand the Knicks :eyebrow:

Why don't you like the Knicks it's not like they are a team that keeps winning championships every other year.

uprightciti
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
he has got to fire that trainer! how about work on such skills as offensive rebounding, blocks, and freakin' defense!!!:mad::mad::mad:

poor guy gets a lot of hate
and yet he is the most consistent player in the league!

Jetsguy
06-04-2010, 01:39 PM
He should work on post defense, shot blocking--you know, stuff centers should be able to do.

he is 6'9 hardly a center despite how he was misused in NY at times, there is no way working on a 3 pt shot hurts him in any way. No team is picking him up as a FA to use as a true center

fairandbalanced
06-04-2010, 01:51 PM

Damn........easy there playa. This is beyond what I had in mind when I made the tread. :horse: No need to make Knicks fans more miserable. The greatest arena on the planet had to be balanced out with the worst management on the planet. The NBA prob did not do a background check before they handed-out that franchise.

GSW Hoops
06-04-2010, 02:05 PM
he is 6'9 hardly a center despite how he was misused in NY at times, there is no way working on a 3 pt shot hurts him in any way. No team is picking him up as a FA to use as a true center

If he's working on threes at the expense of post work, shot blocking, rebounding, etc., it's definitely hurting his game.

ballpd05
06-04-2010, 02:22 PM
A big who can get to the rim and shoot is a dangerous combo. It takes shot blockers away from the basket, and makes some slow guys (like timmy in the phoenix series) defend on the perimeter.

He just has to not settle for them. I'd rather him be a big that can shoot threes rather than a 3 pt shooter who is big.

LA_Raiders
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
the better 3pt shooter he becomes the less time he spend in the front grabing reb... Bad Choice Lee...

Jetsguy
06-04-2010, 02:48 PM
If he's working on threes at the expense of post work, shot blocking, rebounding, etc., it's definitely hurting his game.

I see your point but I dont see it as working on this ONLY he is a professional he is not gonna jack up 500 3's a day and nothing else the whole summer. It is a positive for any player in the NBA to work on a weakness in their game that much no negative to it.

Carey
06-04-2010, 03:01 PM
I see your point but I dont see it as working on this ONLY he is a professional he is not gonna jack up 500 3's a day and nothing else the whole summer. It is a positive for any player in the NBA to work on a weakness in their game that much no negative to it.

I agree, and i think he's proved to this point what type of work ethic he has. Who would have thought he'd start shooting the mid range and putting it on the floor and going around people when he came out of Florida?

KnicksDynasty11
06-04-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't think anyone who posted necessarily thinks its a bad thing in itself, its just the fear that he'll start trying to force the shots when they're not there. Since he's not an experienced sharp shooter, he may have to go through some growing pains with shot selection at his teams expense. I don't knock him for it as long as he continues to improve in other areas just as long as his shot selection and his knack for rebounding doesn't suffer.

Like I seen in one post, if he's at the 3pt line who's really left to battle it out in the low post to grab his miss? he is by far the Knicks best rebounder and always seems to be in the right place at the right time and usually thats somewhere in the post or close to it.

Jetsguy
06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
I agree, and i think he's proved to this point what type of work ethic he has. Who would have thought he'd start shooting the mid range and putting it on the floor and going around people when he came out of Florida?

very true man he has come along way his mid range J's are pretty silky and they were as bad as Shaq's free throws a couple years ago!

thapharcyd
06-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Channing Frye Part 2!

Evolution23
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM

U mad? :laugh:

dodie53
06-04-2010, 08:12 PM
his just expanding his offensive game.

no harm there

GSW Hoops
06-05-2010, 02:39 AM
If you're a big man who is modeling your game after TROY MURPHY, something's wrong with you. :confused:

MacFitz92
06-05-2010, 03:05 AM
I don't understand your concern.

He's trying to improve his offensive game. How do you think anyone becomes a better shooter? I guarentee you Ray Allen or Dirk Nowitzki weren't born the shooters they are. They worked damn hard at it, and probably shot millions of shots over time.

Rippin a guy for trying to improve his game is ridiculous to say the least.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-05-2010, 03:47 AM
He's hurting his main offensive game unless he somehow magically becomes a deadly 3-point shooter like Morrow.

fairandbalanced
06-05-2010, 04:12 AM
I don't understand your concern.

He's trying to improve his offensive game. How do you think anyone becomes a better shooter? I guarentee you Ray Allen or Dirk Nowitzki weren't born the shooters they are. They worked damn hard at it, and probably shot millions of shots over time.

Rippin a guy for trying to improve his game is ridiculous to say the least.

The didn't start working on it at age 27.

alexander_37
06-05-2010, 04:42 PM
IMO if it works that's awesome whoever said this is laughable should be laughed at. Nothing wrong with adding a weapon to your arsenal, it's not like he's losing and low post skills he has??

alexander_37
06-05-2010, 04:43 PM
He's hurting his main offensive game unless he somehow magically becomes a deadly 3-point shooter like Morrow.

How??????