PDA

View Full Version : Say the Bulls don't land a BIG name this offseason...

Mavrix
06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
If Chicago doesn't land one of the bigger free agents but ends up with 2nd tier talent in Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer instead, would that make them a title contender?

Rose
Johnson
Deng
Boozer
Noah

Base it off this starting 5.

ldc62
06-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Same as this: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491253

AntiG
06-02-2010, 11:52 PM
no. but they will be playoff team, like in the 4-8 seed range

HouRealCoach
06-02-2010, 11:53 PM
After Rose developes they MIGHT be good but I dont think Boozer will be that good for some reason

redzone11
06-02-2010, 11:55 PM
That team would be top 3-4 in the east, all depending on where others sign though. But the team has very balanced scoring, along with two very good scorers in Johnson and Rose. Noah is a great rebounder and defensive center, and Boozer is a good rebounder as well, along with a good post presence.

If you add two perineal all stars you are going to vastly improve.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I think the Bulls get Dirk and LeBron.

Oh, and IBL.

Cubsfan365
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
no. but they will be playoff team, like in the 4-8 seed range
That's pretty much what they are right now.

Mavrix
06-02-2010, 11:57 PM

Oh, and IBL.

You think funny.

69centers
06-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Oh, and IBL.

Right and the Celtics are getting Bosh and Wade = still no title for Dirk and Lebron. :laugh:

iFYouSeekAmy
06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Oh.. AND THE WARRIORS ARE GETTING... :shrug: no one.

td0tsfinest
06-03-2010, 12:23 AM
They'll definitely score some points.

Yankees Suck
06-03-2010, 12:41 AM
The Bulls will not be a title contender for a few more years. They will just get into the playoffs.

ldc62
06-03-2010, 12:46 AM
That team would actually be stacked tho...

D1JM
06-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Right and the Celtics are getting Bosh and Wade = still no title for Dirk and Lebron. :laugh:

ray allen stock just shot up.

IrespectNumber3
06-03-2010, 12:59 AM
That team is stacked...pretty damn good...The problem is those salaries don't match up. Whose taking Heinrich's 9mill?

_KB24_
06-03-2010, 01:09 AM
They're better off without Wade or Bron. Getting a big man and JJ would be great for them, they would be stacked at all positions. LBJ and D Wade would just hamper the career of Rose and will limit his abilities. The kid has already proven that he is a winner and leader.

emman03
06-03-2010, 01:27 AM
If its the case of Bulls. My Heat will get Bosh or Stoudemire plus decent pg,sf and center i think they will end up champions...

you can't create "HEAT" nor DESTROY!!!!!

king james
06-03-2010, 01:30 AM
If chicago doesn't get a big FA guy this off season I think it would be smart 4 them 2 try and go 4 Carmelo next year (if he dosen't sign back with Denver). I think his game would fit better with the Bulls than LBJ. He is a more consistent jump shooter than LBJ and that's something that u all need. Also he drives the ball and posts up very well. These are things that would still allow Rose to still do what he does best and thats take it to the hole

D1JM
06-03-2010, 01:33 AM
If chicago doesn't get a big FA guy this off season I think it would be smart 4 them 2 try and go 4 Carmelo next year (if he dosen't sign back with Denver). I think his game would fit better with the Bulls than LBJ. He is a more consistent jump shooter than LBJ and that's something that u all need. Also he drives the ball and posts up very well. These are things that would still allow Rose to still do what he does best and thats take it to the hole

let me ask, how does lebron fit with wade if wade is ball dominate? everyone says rose needs the ball and that lebron needs the ball, but wade is effective with the ball too?

IrespectNumber3
06-03-2010, 01:51 AM
let me ask, how does lebron fit with wade if wade is ball dominate? everyone says rose needs the ball and that lebron needs the ball, but wade is effective with the ball too?

To be honest...If Carmelo said he wanted to play for the Heat and was available I'd take him over Lebron Just because hes a better fit, sure Lebron gives you all the hustle points. But Between Wade and Carmelo they will find ways to close teams out.

king james
06-03-2010, 01:55 AM
My goodness I didn't say one word about LBJ and the Heat. I'm just answering the question that is the title of this thread. What if the Bulls don't get an BIG FA. This doesn't have anything 2 do with the Heat. I'm just talking about basketball and I just so happen to think that Carmelo would pe a perfect match 4 the bulls. He would allow all of ur teams strengths to be used better cuz cuz he won't take away from Rose's game. He will do what u all thought u were going to get from Deng. Outside and inside scoring.

He is a far better outside shooter than LBJ and u all would benifit more from him than from LBJ IMHO.

king james
06-03-2010, 01:56 AM
To be honest...If Carmelo said he wanted to play for the Heat and was available I'd take him over Lebron Just because hes a better fit, sure Lebron gives you all the hustle points. But Between Wade and Carmelo they will find ways to close teams out.

when did he say that?

jeter 2
06-03-2010, 01:56 AM

Obviously, you have not watched USA basketball. I think your answer to your question lays there.

king james
06-03-2010, 01:59 AM
I read it wrong Irespect.

abe_froman
06-03-2010, 02:03 AM

good read,i'd love to try for melo if we struck out and think he's fit very well

IrespectNumber3
06-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Anyteam in the FA can strike out...I personally think all of these guys want the Max. After that summit, there all either going to one team or this will seperate the group even more.

So I only think 2 teams will truly improve off of all this.

I also think OKC is probably going to make the biggest improvement this offseason. All they need is one max guy

thephoenixson28
06-03-2010, 02:19 AM
I don't think lebron goes to chicago. Remember that stuff that noah was saying about him dancing during the games. I don't know if it will be a factor, but im pretty sure its in the back of his mind.

king james
06-03-2010, 02:30 AM
good read,i'd love to try for melo if we struck out and think he's fit very well

Thanks

D1JM
06-03-2010, 02:41 AM
Obviously, you have not watched USA basketball. I think your answer to your question lays there.

thats the reason why i ask why a lot people say rose and lebron wont be effective cuz the other needs the ball

D1JM
06-03-2010, 02:43 AM

ps i was just asking because a lot of heat fans say that rose handles the ball so i wanted to ask you about that question. Why is it that he fits in one scenario but not another?

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
ps i was just asking because a lot of heat fans say that rose handles the ball so i wanted to ask you about that question. Why is it that he fits in one scenario but not another?

It's not that Lebron can't play with a ball dominant PG, it's that he hasn't. There is projection in that signing. Melo has played well with Iverson and Billups - ball handling PGs.

king james
06-03-2010, 11:38 AM
It's not that Lebron can't play with a ball dominant PG, it's that he hasn't. There is projection in that signing. Melo has played well with Iverson and Billups - ball handling PGs.

Thats a great point Patsfan. That's one of the reasons why I think Melo would be a good fit. Plus his game is diverse enough on offense where a defense won't just be able to clog the lane and make things hard on Rose. IMHO it's not about who dominates the ball, it's about who would best spread the the floor and open things up for the hole team to do what they do best.

I think that Melo would spread the floor better than LBJ would. I think that Melo is just a pure scorer from anywhere on the court. LBJ is a playmaker that can score. Melo could come 2 the Bulls and immediatly add to the team without taking away from anyone player what they already do best. On the other hand if u add LBJ the 1st question that comes up is how does he and Rose share the ball. He doesn't automatically add to that team without some red flags going up. Becuz LBJ is a playmaker (someone that can avg as many assist as any pg in the league can) it automatically affects Rose cuz that's what he does best. Also with Rose not being the best jump shooter, you make him into a spectator when he's playing off the ball. I'm not saying that they wouldn't eventually become a great team, but I do think that Carmelo would make for a smoother transition for the team as a whole than for roles on the team to possibly be questioned with LBJ there.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
^ I think Lebron would be better in the long run, but Melo would have the smoother tansisition and thus maybe more success at first.

AntiG
06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
That's pretty much what they are right now.

No, right now, they are lucky to make the playoffs and squeaked in this year. If they were to acquire Boozer and Johnson, it would solidify them as a playoff team. Still probably would not be anywhere close to Boston and Orlando, and if this scenario plays out, most likely LeBron either has stayed in Cleveland or jumped to Miami to play with Wade.

Therefore 4-8 range is about right.

CowboysKB24
06-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Where did all of the Cavs fans go?

There won't be many left when LeBron leaves.

beasted86
06-03-2010, 12:51 PM
If Chicago doesn't land one of the bigger free agents but ends up with 2nd tier talent in Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer instead, would that make them a title contender?

Rose
Johnson
Deng
Boozer
Noah

That starting lineup is sick. They can make a title run with the right bench. Gibson, Johnson, and their current 17th pick is a good start.

Tony_Starks
06-03-2010, 02:43 PM
As presently constructed they were a number 8 seed. Actually if they were healthy they would've been probably 5 or 6. I'd imagine that Rose and Noah are going to continue to get better next year.

Add a couple of nice players to that and you're looking at a top 3 team in the east on paper...

MaHaRaJaH
06-03-2010, 02:49 PM
If they don't land anyone prepare for history's largest mass suicide

JordansBulls
06-03-2010, 02:55 PM

Rose
Johnson
Deng
Boozer
Noah

If we got Joe Johnson and Carlos Boozer, to be honest I'd be quite happy. Obviously I'd be happier with Lebron or Wade or Bosh, but the fact we got 2 allstars is something good whether we win a title or not.

Truheatfan
06-03-2010, 07:55 PM

Oh, and IBL.

that was pretty funny :clap:

Truheatfan
06-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Thats a great point Patsfan. That's one of the reasons why I think Melo would be a good fit. Plus his game is diverse enough on offense where a defense won't just be able to clog the lane and make things hard on Rose. IMHO it's not about who dominates the ball, it's about who would best spread the the floor and open things up for the hole team to do what they do best.

I think that Melo would spread the floor better than LBJ would. I think that Melo is just a pure scorer from anywhere on the court. LBJ is a playmaker that can score. Melo could come 2 the Bulls and immediatly add to the team without taking away from anyone player what they already do best. On the other hand if u add LBJ the 1st question that comes up is how does he and Rose share the ball. He doesn't automatically add to that team without some red flags going up. Becuz LBJ is a playmaker (someone that can avg as many assist as any pg in the league can) it automatically affects Rose cuz that's what he does best. Also with Rose not being the best jump shooter, you make him into a spectator when he's playing off the ball. I'm not saying that they wouldn't eventually become a great team, but I do think that Carmelo would make for a smoother transition for the team as a whole than for roles on the team to possibly be questioned with LBJ there.

that is a good point

SteveNash
06-03-2010, 08:00 PM
That team would have no chance of winning a title.

ellesmeire
06-04-2010, 06:28 AM
No, right now, they are lucky to make the playoffs and squeaked in this year. If they were to acquire Boozer and Johnson, it would solidify them as a playoff team. Still probably would not be anywhere close to Boston and Orlando, and if this scenario plays out, most likely LeBron either has stayed in Cleveland or jumped to Miami to play with Wade.

I would think w/ that team right there we would be about the same as Boston, I mean Ray Allen is a FA, hes not a lock to return, IMO boozer is better than KG right now, KG will regress even more next year, you still have pierce and rondo should make strides but no way do I think boston is loads better...with that lineup I only see Orlando and Cleveland(w/ Bron) as clear favs over that starting 5, the fact is the Bulls made the playoffs as the 8th seed, w/ major injuries down the stretch so adding two all-stars would definitly make this team a contendor to go to at least the conference finals

RNess78c
06-04-2010, 07:56 AM
i bet they get one of these combos

(Boozer & JJ OR ALLEN) (Ray Allen or JJ & Bosh) (Amare & JJ or allen) (David Lee & JJ OR ALEN)

Noah
Bosh or Amare or Lee or Boozer
Deng
Johnson or Allen
Rose

AntiG
06-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Ray Allen is very unlikely to leave Boston. The team has very little cap space and Larry Bird rights for him, and he wants to stay and retire a Celtic.

ellesmeire
06-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Ray Allen is very unlikely to leave Boston. The team has very little cap space and Larry Bird rights for him, and he wants to stay and retire a Celtic.

I get that maybe we would be a #4 or #5 seed, but really what teams would be ahead of us from 6-8??? and dont say the knicks because only way they are is because of LeBron, and if that we win the division hands down

I would say only orlando is ahead of us 100%, bosotn by a little, and us and heat pretty even assuming they get a big-name, after that I dont see many teams capable of being even even w/ the BUlls if we land Boozer+JJ

Aussy4GM
06-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Carlos Boozer is not as good as everyone thinks for crying out loud. i would not at all be satisfied with Joe Johnson & Carlos Boozer. I Want To See The Bulls Sign Lebron & Joe Johnson & Let Taj Gibson develop. i think he can be something special.

Aussy4GM
06-04-2010, 04:34 PM

the celtics are a yea older next year and i think even with boozer and johnson they are better than the celtics. the bulls werent lucky to squeak into the playoffs this year they had a bad start and a bad coach. remember when they took your celtics to 7 games with derrick rose as a rookie and no taj gibson? and joakim noah having growing pains? common dude add joe johnson and you basically revamp what ben gordon gave us last year and then add the post play that we lack. and i hope they do match-up next year so derrick rose can expose rondo as the pig that he really is. overrated because he has good players around him and gets deep in the playoffs. let rose have the same opportunities that rondo has and see just how much better he is.

netsgiantsyanks
06-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Carlos Boozer is not as good as everyone thinks for crying out loud. i would not at all be satisfied with Joe Johnson & Carlos Boozer. I Want To See The Bulls Sign Lebron & Joe Johnson & Let Taj Gibson develop. i think he can be something special.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeyAce
06-04-2010, 04:50 PM
If they don't land lebron or bosh, then there is no point in watching basketball any more cause they'll never be a championship contender

ellesmeire
06-04-2010, 09:10 PM
If they don't land lebron or bosh, then there is no point in watching basketball any more cause they'll never be a championship contender

:facepalm: