PDA

View Full Version : Game 1 Thursday June 3rd 2010 NBA Finals (4) Boston (50-32) @ (1) LA Lakers (57-25)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JordansBulls
06-02-2010, 10:47 PM
( 1 ) LA Lakers (57-25) vs. ( 4 ) Boston Celtics (50-32)

LA Lakers will have the Homecourt Advantage

Series Tied 0-0 Series Breakdown

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Lakers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3125.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3118.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/25.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3513.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2748.jpg

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Ron Artest
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Celtics.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3026.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/9.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/662.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/261.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2018.jpg

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Kendrick Perkins

Who will win this Game 1?

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/celtics-lakers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/playoffs;_ylt=Am8f58mgy3SQcH7zDYaq5ru8vLYF

tredigs
06-02-2010, 10:50 PM
So it begins. They who shall take game 1, shall slay thy series.

I'm going Boston in game 1.

Kakaroach
06-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Finally the series will begin! Should be a great one, I think Boston will take Game 1.

Lakers80's
06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
go lakers!

kobe24>lebron23
06-02-2010, 11:15 PM
lakers baby kobe and co. will make a huge statement tomorrow night

lakers 107
celtics 92

kobe-35-7-7

LA_Raiders
06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
LA Will take the 1st 2 games...

105 LA - 87 Bos

Ragun
06-02-2010, 11:40 PM
cant wait!

NBAfan4life
06-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I think the Lakers have this game. I also think if everyone is healthy and the Lakers lose this game there is a good chance they lose the series

Avenged
06-03-2010, 12:11 AM
It's only convenient game 1 goes to the number 1 team, Lakers.

still1ballin
06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Lakers by 9

bigsams50
06-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Celtics by 6

jimbobjarree
06-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Boston baby

Betro22
06-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Clearly the Boston Celtics will smoke LA in game 1.

JNA17
06-03-2010, 01:30 AM
lakers take it

_KB24_
06-03-2010, 01:53 AM
"This is the Lakeshow, it don't drown though"

Lakers by 9.

I honestly can't wait for this game. This series is going down as one of the best ever, book it.

Jenceman
06-03-2010, 02:36 AM
Lakers by 10+

Iron24th
06-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Lakers by 8.

They'll play more focused than ever.

JoeSchroeduh
06-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I voted Celtics, I think their defense steps it up. Kobe hasn't had to play both ends of the floor the way he'll need to tonight.

However, I was extremely surprised to see a 26-13 vote in favor of the Celtics after I placed my vote... I thought for sure the votes would be heavily in favor of the Lakers.

AllTimeBest
06-03-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm surprised this thread isn't 10 pages already. This series is huge. I honestly would rather see this series then Lakers/Cav's.

mikantsass
06-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Celtics take game 1, Lakers take game 2

ManRam
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I think the Lakers win game one...

But let's go Boston!!!

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I think the Lakers win game one...

But let's go Boston!!!
I didn't know you wanted Boston to win.

Gibby23
06-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Lakers by 14.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I didn't know you wanted Boston to win.

Like I'd root for LA... :rolleyes:

I wish you could still few the threads from the Finals in 2008. It shouldn't be a surprise who I'm rooting for here.

NYMetros
06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Has anyone been completely loving all the 80s Celtics/Lakers games on ESPN Classic lately, or just me?

AllTimeBest
06-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Has anyone been completely loving all the 80s Celtics/Lakers games on ESPN Classic lately, or just me?

When your favorite baseball team is sucking as miserably as mine is, you enjoy flipping to things like those games to get you ready for the series.

pats2009
06-03-2010, 10:51 AM
people need to understand that on paper, the lakers have the better talent, but the celtics are the better team and they actually play defense. 2001 the rams were one of the best football teams i have ever seen and the patriots won, because they had a better defense. same goes for the giants against the patriots in '07. the only way the lakers win this series is the celtics get into foul trouble. they are the best defensive team and the lakers will not crack triple digits in any game. the celtics will win in 6 games! the lakers need to go right at the celtics and get them in foul trouble and get to the line. im not being a homer, im being a realist. orlando and cleveland were better than us on paper and we dominated those two series. they need to shut pierce down and provoke perkins to get a technical foul, and then that will buy you guys at least 2 games. look at the history between these two teams. 11 finals appearances between the two and the lakers were better talent wise and the celtics have won 9 out of 11. kobe will get his points, but then what. lakers have to score 90+ points to win.

CLASSOF72
06-03-2010, 11:03 AM
people need to understand that on paper, the lakers have the better talent, but the celtics are the better team and they actually play defense. 2001 the rams were one of the best football teams i have ever seen and the patriots won, because they had a better defense. same goes for the giants against the patriots in '07. the only way the lakers win this series is the celtics get into foul trouble. they are the best defensive team and the lakers will not crack triple digits in any game. the celtics will win in 6 games! the lakers need to go right at the celtics and get them in foul trouble and get to the line. im not being a homer, im being a realist. orlando and cleveland were better than us on paper and we dominated those two series. they need to shut pierce down and provoke perkins to get a technical foul, and then that will buy you guys at least 2 games. look at the history between these two teams. 11 finals appearances between the two and the lakers were better talent wise and the celtics have won 9 out of 11. kobe will get his points, but then what. lakers have to score 90+ points to win.
Let's not forget the Lakers can play some good D too, when they need to.

Iodine
06-03-2010, 11:05 AM

I wish you could still few the threads from the Finals in 2008. It shouldn't be a surprise who I'm rooting for here.

Best. Time. Ever.

Me and you pretty much ran ape-**** over everyone

The Final Boss
06-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I love how everyone underestimates the Lakers defense. They are a top 5 defense in the NBA yet Boston fans fail to acknowledge that. So yeah it's hard to score on Boston yet it's difficult as well to score on Los Angeles. The Suns were a better offensive team than Boston and Los Angeles was pretty much shutting them down, save for a few quarters.

lakersrock
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
LA - 8-0 at Home in the Playoffs
Phil - Some retardedly high number - 0 when winning Game 1
Boston - They better win this game if they want to have a chance.
LA wins by 15.

LA - 109
B - 94

Avenged
06-03-2010, 11:21 AM
It's the Lakers vs. everyone else.

:box:

pats2009
06-03-2010, 11:29 AM
It's the Lakers vs. everyone else.

:box:

pretty much what every laker fan said two years ago as well.:facepalm:

Avenged
06-03-2010, 11:30 AM

Lol and it's like that again. :D

Wouldn't have it any other way.

The Final Boss
06-03-2010, 11:33 AM

Thats's just the way the Lakers roll. They are the only team people hate. Not Chicago, Boston, New York, etc. no other team is even acknowledged, because no one gives a **** about them outside of their fan base.

More Laker haters tune in to watch the Lakers than real Boston fans tune in to watch the Celtics.

Don't look now folks but the Lakers have a dynasty on their hands.

Gibby23
06-03-2010, 11:34 AM

Just for that, Lakers by 16.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Just for that, Lakers by 16.

I think you're being too generous.

pats2009
06-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I love how everyone underestimates the Lakers defense. They are a top 5 defense in the NBA yet Boston fans fail to acknowledge that. So yeah it's hard to score on Boston yet it's difficult as well to score on Los Angeles. The Suns were a better offensive team than Boston and Los Angeles was pretty much shutting them down, save for a few quarters.

2008 the lakers were the 2nd best defensive team in the league and boston thrashed them. you guys have played phoenix, utah, and oklahoma city. we have dominated orlando( #2 seed in east and defending east champs without home court, and #1 cleveland without home court) lakers are a great team, but they have to be on with their jump shots. just look back at the phoenix series. any lakers fan would rather play the magic or cavs than us. give us a little credit. i know there isnt much to root for in l.a. these days, but you cant just look at the regular season and last year and think because your team looks better on paper than you will win. i have a feeling that kobe's back is really going to be hurting after game 1. i just hope for u guys that u defend your home court against a team that actually plays defense.

Gibby23
06-03-2010, 11:39 AM
2008 the lakers were the 2nd best defensive team in the league and boston thrashed them. you guys have played phoenix, utah, and oklahoma city. we have dominated orlando( #2 seed in east and defending east champs without home court, and #1 cleveland without home court) lakers are a great team, but they have to be on with their jump shots. just look back at the phoenix series. any lakers fan would rather play the magic or cavs than us. give us a little credit. i know there isnt much to root for in l.a. these days, but you cant just look at the regular season and last year and think because your team looks better on paper than you will win. i have a feeling that kobe's back is really going to be hurting after game 1. i just hope for u guys that u defend your home court against a team that actually plays defense.

Also in 2008, KG was more thasn a role player. Just saying.

Iodine
06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Ugh. Let the downward spiral of this thread begin!

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Are you out of your ******* skull!!! Did you hold them under 100 in any game!

The Final Boss
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM

The second best defense that year played without their starting center and Ariza was getting his legs back under him while coming back from a severe injury.:facepalm:

You dominated Orlando in the Conference Finals, Los Angeles embarrased them in the Finals. :facepalm:

Not much to root for in Los Angeles? I wake up every day to sunshine, women, drugs, the Lakers, and sex. What else is there to root for?:facepalm:

Celtics fans haven't had **** to root for for 20 years.:facepalm:

Avenged
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM

OKC plays good defense from what I remember they were blocking shots left and right along with getting steals. The Suns decided to play defense in Phoenix with their zone but L.A managed to adjust. Anyways, Kobe has been playing great with injuries so I wouldn't be too worried if his back is hurting, he'll still show up.

But hey, at least you "hope" we defend our homecourt. ;)

ManRam
06-03-2010, 11:44 AM

Hehe.

The Lakers did hold them to 109.33 points a game: a whopping 0.66 points less than their season average.

Definitely shut-down. ;)

But don't sell the Laker defense short. It is definitely, easily, top 5.

The Final Boss
06-03-2010, 11:45 AM

Stats are like women. They're nice to look at. But they don't tell the whole story.

pats2009
06-03-2010, 11:45 AM
i

pats2009
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Thats's just the way the Lakers roll. They are the only team people hate. Not Chicago, Boston, New York, etc. no other team is even acknowledged, because no one gives a **** about them outside of their fan base.

More Laker haters tune in to watch the Lakers than real Boston fans tune in to watch the Celtics.

im sure lakers fans do roll like that, bc everything else in la stinks. usc- on probation, raiders are the raiders- enough said, clippers- stink, dodgers- stink, angels-stink. even if you guys win, u r still one behind boston as far as titles go. their is only a dynasty if you win!!! people on the west coast that arent laker fans hate the lakers bc the west sucks now. the power has shifted back to the east. i dont mind the lakers bc they have never really been a threat to boston. we have beaten them for 9 of our 17 titles. they have just denied us of 2 more. so i understand why u are very pumped about this series. in california it is the lakers and thats it. if we dont win, oh well we still have the patriots and red sox. and thats how we roll.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Stats are like women. They're nice to look at. But they don't tell the whole story.

I'm not saying that the lakers played bad defense, but the Suns (as stated earlier) scored what they averaged in the season. I don't qualify that as "shutting down" a team's offense.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
The second best defense that year played without their starting center and Ariza was getting his legs back under him while coming back from a severe injury.:facepalm:

You dominated Orlando in the Conference Finals, Los Angeles embarrased them in the Finals. :facepalm:

Not much to root for in Los Angeles? I wake up every day to sunshine, women, drugs, the Lakers, and sex. What else is there to root for?:facepalm:

Celtics fans haven't had **** to root for for 20 years.:facepalm:

You "embarassed" us last year when we were without a healthy Nelson (who showed how pivotal he is to our success this year), needing OT to beat us twice, and winning by double digits just once. Boston whoooooooped us in the first three games, with us being 100% healthy, and a lot deeper than last year. They definitely impressed me much more.

Getting a little testy?

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Hehe.

The Lakers did hold them to 109.33 points a game: a whopping 0.66 points less than their season average.

Definitely shut-down. ;)

But don't sell the Laker defense short. It is definitely, easily, top 5.

I think it is, but I just scoff at the idea that they "shut down" the Suns.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:49 AM
You "embarassed" us last year when we were without a healthy Nelson (who showed how pivotal he is to our success this year), needing OT to beat us twice, and winning by double digits just once. Boston whoooooooped us in the first three games, with us being 100% healthy, and a lot deeper than last year. They definitely impressed me much more.

Getting a little testy?

I think the idea of they beat us worse than you did so they're obviously better is flawed. Not a good way to judge two teams.

Avenged
im sure lakers fans do roll like that, bc everything else in la stinks. usc- on probation, raiders are the raiders- enough said, clippers- stink, dodgers- stink, angels-stink. even if you guys win, u r still one behind boston as far as titles go. their is only a dynasty if you win!!! people on the west coast that arent laker fans hate the lakers bc the west sucks now. the power has shifted back to the east. i dont mind the lakers bc they have never really been a threat to boston. we have beaten them for 9 of our 17 titles. they have just denied us of 2 more. so i understand why u are very pumped about this series. in california it is the lakers and thats it. if we dont win, oh well we still have the patriots and red sox.

Wow, I'm pretty sure you're way off. Boston fans are as excited about this series as Laker fans are. Even fans that don't root for both our teams are excited. I would be crushed if the Lakers lose in the finals but you don't seem to mind if the Celtics lose?

Oh btw, yeah I'm sure that people hate the west coast now because their teams suck. People live off sports, if a sports team is doing horrible, they'll automatically hate the state. (sarcasm)

hugepatsfan
im sure lakers fans do roll like that, bc everything else in la stinks. usc- on probation, raiders are the raiders- enough said, clippers- stink, dodgers- stink, angels-stink. even if you guys win, u r still one behind boston as far as titles go. their is only a dynasty if you win!!! people on the west coast that arent laker fans hate the lakers bc the west sucks now. the power has shifted back to the east. i dont mind the lakers bc they have never really been a threat to boston. we have beaten them for 9 of our 17 titles. they have just denied us of 2 more. so i understand why u are very pumped about this series. in california it is the lakers and thats it. if we dont win, oh well we still have the patriots and red sox. and thats how we roll.

Come on man. This thread started out pretty good. Let's not ruin it with trash about each other's cities.

mikantsass

So what are real Laker fans? The ones who stay for the 2nd half?

Dynasty huh... So when Boston wins this series will you consider the Celtics a dynasty? 2 rings in 3 years, both against the Fakers.

m26555
06-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Boston by 10.

Iodine
06-03-2010, 11:50 AM
2008 the lakers were the 2nd best defensive team in the league and boston thrashed them. you guys have played phoenix, utah, and oklahoma city. we have dominated orlando( #2 seed in east and defending east champs without home court, and #1 cleveland without home court) lakers are a great team, but they have to be on with their jump shots. just look back at the phoenix series. any lakers fan would rather play the magic or cavs than us. give us a little credit. i know there isnt much to root for in l.a. these days, but you cant just look at the regular season and last year and think because your team looks better on paper than you will win. i have a feeling that kobe's back is really going to be hurting after game 1. i just hope for u guys that u defend your home court against a team that actually plays defense

Response to 1st bold
1. No they werent and Im not bashing the Lakers for this. They were 5th. There is no stat out there that has them at number 2. Team Drating, opponents eFG%, opponents TOV%, and DREB % are all out of 2nd. This years laker team is better.

Response to 2nd Bold
Wishing Injuries upon people and saying stuff like *he should be hurt after this* is actually really pathetic

Response to underlined
Thunder were 5th in opponent eFG%, 7th in opponent TOV%, and 9th in Drating and have one of the best wing defenders in Thabo. Your right, they must suck on D.
Jazz Were 13th, 6th, and 10th in those catagories and in the top 5 for Drebound %.
Yeah man those two teams played no D at all, this is the first time in a long time the lakers will play a team with D

God, **** PSD for making me defend the lakers

m26555
06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
LA - 8-0 at Home in the Playoffs
Phil - Some retardedly high number - 0 when winning Game 1
Boston - They better win this game if they want to have a chance.
LA wins by 15.

LA - 109
B - 94
:eyebrow:

Some Laker fans are funny.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Response to 1st bold
1. No they werent and Im not bashing the Lakers for this. They were 5th. There is no stat out there that has them at number 2. Team Drating, opponents eFG%, opponents TOV%, and DREB % are all out of 2nd. This years laker team is better.

Response to 2nd Bold
Wishing Injuries upon people and saying stuff like *he should be hurt after this* is actually really pathetic

Response to underlined
Thunder were 5th in opponent eFG%, 7th in opponent TOV%, and 9th in Drating and have one of the best wing defenders in Thabo. Your right, they must suck on D.
Jazz Were 13th, 6th, and 10th in those catagories and in the top 5 for Drebound %.
Yeah man those two teams played no D at all, this is the first time in a long time the lakers will play a team with D

God, **** PSD for making me defend the lakers

I don't think he was wishing injury as much as he was saying the Celts will play physical. No easy layups - they will earn it. I think Kobe will be sore tomorrow.

And the Thunder and Jazz are decent defensive teams, but the Celts are far superior to them.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 11:53 AM
I think the idea of they beat us worse than you did so they're obviously better is flawed. Not a good way to judge two teams.

I totally agree. Flawed beyond belief...and just flat out wrong.

hugepatsfan
:eyebrow:

Some Laker fans are funny.

Look at Phil's record with a game 1 win - it certainly seems like the Celts have no chance if they lose. I expect BOS to take games 1, 3, 5, and 6.

Avenged

Dynasty huh... So when Boston wins this series will you consider the Celtics a dynasty? 2 rings in 3 years, both against the Fakers.

Back to back championships or 2 championships in 3 years, which one would you take? ;)

m26555
06-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Look at Phil's record with a game 1 win - it certainly seems like the Celts have no chance if they lose. I expect BOS to take games 1, 3, 5, and 6.
Sorry, but Phil's record with a game one win means next to nothing. The Celtics are an outstanding team; losing the first game will not doom them.

The Final Boss
06-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Yes they would be considered a dynasty.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Back to back championships or 2 championships in 3 years, which one would you take? ;)

Whichever one happens this year, because only one of them will. There won't be any comparison because only one can happen.

Iodine
Manram, its not even noon yet so I doubt anyone can blame alcohol on that post that just happened, so just lulz

Lots, and lots of lulz

ManRam
Are we really arguing whose fans are better?

Come on guys. Stay on topic.

Gibby23
Getting a little testy?

lol, the Magic lost for the same reason this year as last year. Howard isn't consistent, Lewis is the highest paid SF that can't play PF, but has to because it gets wins against weaker teams, and he disappears when he is challanged by a PF who can guard him. Nelson is a por decision maker and doesn't know how to play with a big man.

Avenged

I can't see the Celtics getting 2 in L.A. The Celtics are great on the road so I can see why you're saying this but lets not forget the Lakers are great at home as well.

NeutralFan
06-03-2010, 11:56 AM

um. the west does not suck. The 8th seed in the west this year would have been the 3 seed in the east. The west is deep the east has 3 good teams.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Sorry, but Phil's record with a game one win means next to nothing. The Celtics are an outstanding team; losing the first game will not doom them.

I understand that records are meant to be broken. But let me put it like this - our chances are significantly less IMO if we lose tonight.

m26555
06-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I can't see the Celtics getting 2 in L.A. The Celtics are great on the road so I can see why you're saying this but lets not forget the Lakers are great at home as well.
To be honest, I think once you get to the Finals, homecourt almost goes out the window. Don't get me wrong; it still matters somewhat, but the two teams in the Finals are there for a reason; they can win under any circumstances. The pressure of road games does not bother these teams.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Are we really arguing whose fans are better?

Come on guys. Stay on topic.

Why did you edit the first part of what you said? Did you realize it wasn't what we were talking about?

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:59 AM

I think the 2-3-2 format will help them. I have the Cs taking one of the first 2 in LA (a very real possibility). Then I have them taking 2 of 3 at home (not unrealisitc). That would put them up 3-2 going to LA, which I think gives them the momentum to take game 6. Just my opinion though - not hating on the Lakers or calling them trash. Should be a great series.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 11:59 AM
um. the west does not suck. The 8th seed in the west this year would have been the 3 seed in the east. The west is deep the east has 3 good teams.

I think that the top of the East (1-4) is better than the top of the West. But the West is muuuuuuuuuuch deeper.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
To be honest, I think once you get to the Finals, homecourt almost goes out the window. Don't get me wrong; it still matters somewhat, but the two teams in the Finals are there for a reason; they can win under any circumstances. The pressure of road games does not bother these teams.

That's exactly why I think the Celtics can't get 2 in L.A. The Lakers have been in the finals 3 straight years so they have the experience and know how to get it done. Same goes for the Celtics. I just don't see both of these teams losing 2 at home because they're both veteran proven teams that understand how much HCA means.

mikantsass
06-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Yes they would be considered a dynasty.

Ok I just wanted to make sure, because I dont think I would consider either a Dynasty

m26555
06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
That's exactly why I think the Celtics can't get 2 in L.A. The Lakers have been in the finals 3 straight years so they have the experience and know how to get it done. Same goes for the Celtics. I just don't see both of these teams losing 2 at home because they're both veteran proven teams that understand how much HCA means.
I think you misunderstood what I said.

I'm saying that these two teams might as well be playing in a neutral setting all series; homecourt doesn't really matter to them because the Celtics can easily win in L.A. and the Lakers can easily win in Boston. I really don't think being at home or on the road will affect how well either team plays.

The Final Boss
06-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Why did you edit the first part of what you said? Did you realize it wasn't what we were talking about?

Thank you...

The Final Boss
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Ok I just wanted to make sure, because I dont think I would consider either a Dynasty

The best team in the league winning back to back titles and going to the Finals the previous year at 60% with a new core isn't a dynasty?

m26555
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
The best team in the league winning back to back titles and going to the Finals the previous year at 60% with a new core isn't a dynasty?
In my opinion, you need to win three out of four to be a dynasty.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 12:09 PM

I'm saying that these two teams might as well be playing in a neutral setting all series; homecourt doesn't really matter to them because the Celtics can easily win in L.A. and the Lakers can easily win in Boston. I really don't think being at home or on the road will affect how well either team plays.

I know what you were getting at but I just have a different opinion on it. Teams fight for HCA throughout the playoffs in the regular season. Every team wants to have that edge against the opposing team. But yeah, I can see where you're going. The Celtics are better on the road than they are at home anyways.

CLASSOF72
06-03-2010, 12:09 PM

I agree except when it comes to a game seaven, even then what your saying still holds water, but I'm sure given the choice any player, coach, fan or owner would take the home option for game 7.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 12:10 PM

Well, you don't have to put "60%" to make it seem like it actually means much. Either they made it or they didn't. But to answer your question, 2 championships doesn't make it a dynasty. Let's not start throwing that word out there like every other one.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 12:12 PM
I agree except when it comes to a game seaven, even then what your saying still holds water, but I'm sure given the choice any player, coach, fan or owner would take the home option for game 7.

Exactly, that's where HCA kicks in. But for a team like the Celtics, I'm sure they're not worried as well as the Lakers. Both have proven to win on the road. I'm pretty sure though that Boston would rather be playing with HCA than without it.

CLASSOF72
06-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Exactly, that's where HCA kicks in. But for a team like the Celtics, I'm sure they're not worried as well as the Lakers. Both have proven to win on the road. I'm pretty sure though that Boston would rather be playing with HCA than without it.

Right, any advantage helps at this level of play. These teams are both proven champs at this point and can play in any situation, but anyone in their right mind would take the HCA if they had the choice.

ShakeN'Bake
06-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Well looks like we wont have perk for game two seeing how Joey Crawford is officiating and how perk cant keep his mouth shut. I know its hard for someone dumb like perk to understand but please keep your mouth shut tonight!

NeutralFan
06-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I think that the top of the East (1-4) is better than the top of the West. But the West is muuuuuuuuuuch deeper.

1-4 is being way too generous. I don't think Atlanta would have beaten any of the west playoff teams after seeing them self destruct. 1-3 is more like it.

E.O.21
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Celtics win by 4. Kobe goes of for a crazy game but it wont be enough

wileyisTOFU
06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
basketballlllll!

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Also in 2008, KG was more thasn a role player. Just saying.
With your logic, Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, and Lamar Odom, are all role players too.
Kevin Garnett playoff stats: 14.9 PPG, 8.20 RPG
Andrew Bynum: 9.1 PPG, 7.7 RPG
Ron Artest:11.5 PPG, 3.7 RPG
Lamar Odom: 10.6 PPG, 9.5 RPG
A lot of role players as your core don't you think? Terrible post. Celtics take game 1, Lakers take game 2.

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 02:05 PM

What happened?

Gibby23
06-03-2010, 02:07 PM
With your logic, Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, and Lamar Odom, are all role players too.Kevin Garnett playoff stats: 14.9 PPG, 8.20 RPG
Andrew Bynum: 9.1 PPG, 7.7 RPG
Ron Artest:11.5 PPG, 3.7 RPG
Lamar Odom: 10.6 PPG, 9.5 RPG
A lot of role players as your core don't you think? Terrible post. Celtics take game 1, Lakers take game 2.

They are role players. Lakers by 18 tonight.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 02:37 PM
1-4 is being way too generous. I don't think Atlanta would have beaten any of the west playoff teams after seeing them self destruct. 1-3 is more like it.

I kind of agree with that but BOS was actually the 4 seed, so I had to lump ATL (the 3 seed) in that group.

lakersrock
06-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Doesn't matter. When we needed stops, we got em.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Doesn't matter. When we needed stops, we got em.

Fine. But the poster said that you guys shut down the PHX O. I don't care how many stops you get in key situations - you cannot say you shut down a team if you only held them to what they average in the regular season.

tredigs
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
A loss for Lakers fans is a win for America and freedom. Don't let your country down, Beantown!

Bruno
06-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I can't believe this day is here!!!!!!

Bruno
06-03-2010, 03:26 PM
A loss for Lakers fans is a win for America and freedom. Don't let your country down, Beantown!

This is why Warrior fans and Kings fans are haters. You'd rather see BOSTON win than your fellow Californians, lol.

Squad13
06-03-2010, 03:26 PM
This is why Warrior fans and Kings fans are haters. You'd rather see BOSTON win than your fellow Californians, lol.

Why wouldn't they?

Gibby23
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM

They compare the feeling they get when the Lakers lose in the finals, to the feeling they would get if their team ever wins a championship while they are alive. It's all they really have to root for, so let them be.

tredigs
06-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Wait, we didn't cut you guys off from the state yet?? Haha.

Let me put it this way, would a Dodgers fan root for the Giants in the World Series, or vice versa? Did the perennial loser LA football franchises fans root for the 49ers in the 90's?? Or the Oakland Raiders when they made it?

This is a healthy hatred that I would never dare impede.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 03:38 PM
They compare the feeling they get when the Lakers lose in the finals, to the feeling they would get if their team ever wins a championship while they are alive. It's all they really have to root for, so let them be.

I'm just sayin', as a person whos lived in LA, and in SF city, the no-cal/so-cal rivalry is BS. Both citys are amazing, and I've been a live long 49er fan, and fan of SF in general.

Nor-cal, combined with so-cal is what makes California what it is. There should be more love between north and south.

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Rajon Rondo get 21, 13 assists, 11 rebounds. Celtics win by 12

Bruno
06-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Wait, we didn't cut you guys off from the state yet?? Haha.

Let me put it this way, would a Dodgers fan root for the Giants in the World Series, or vice versa? Did the perennial loser LA football franchises fans root for the 49ers in the 90's?? Or the Oakland Raiders when they made it?

This is a healthy hatred that I would never dare impede.

Interesting, and funny. See, I was born in '87. I have no love for the Raiders. I've been a 49ers fan since I can remember.

I'm not a baseball fan but I see what you're getting at. It's just the way you put it that was funny to me. Like, LA is the big nasty bully and the Celtics are the underdog franchise with their league leading 17 titles, you know what i mean? I guess there is no "little man" in this match up.

masalex1205
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
If the Celtics are healthy they're taking the series

tredigs
06-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Interesting, and funny. See, I was born in '87. I have no love for the Raiders. I've been a 49ers fan since I can remember.

I'm not a baseball fan but I see what you're getting at. It's just the way you put it that was funny to me. Like, LA is the big nasty bully and the Celtics are the underdog franchise with their league leading 17 titles, you know what i mean? I guess there is no "little man" in this match up.

I was just messing. And to be perfectly honest, so long as it's a great series I'm cool with whoever wins. Part of me actually wouldn't mind if LA won, for the fact that I want California to be the state with the most sports championships. But most of the LA fan base is so insufferable that I can't root for that to happen. Beyond that, I think the C's have a better team.

Alas, GO BEANS!!!

Bruno
06-03-2010, 03:54 PM
I was just messing. And to be perfectly honest, so long as it's a great series I'm cool with whoever wins. Part of me actually wouldn't mind if LA won, for the fact that I want California to be the state with the most sports championships. But most of the LA fan base is so insufferable that I can't root for that to happen. Beyond that, I think the C's have a better team.

Alas, GO BEANS!!!

True man, regardless nor-cal/so-cal fans are gona hate on each other almost no matter what. I think it takes living in both citys, or being raised a fan of the 49ers (or whatever, opposite team), as I was, to have love for both.

The way I look at it, as I tell my nor-cal buds- was do you really want Boston to own every major sport?!? That's what I was tryin' to sell them on in 2008 at least. haha.

20R8ersfaN08
06-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Lakers by 5

tredigs
06-03-2010, 04:01 PM
True man, regardless nor-cal/so-cal fans are gona hate on each other almost no matter what. I think it takes living in both citys, or being raised a fan of the 49ers (or whatever, opposite team), as I was, to have love for both.

The way I look at it, as I tell my nor-cal buds- was do you really want Boston to own every major sport?!? That's what I was tryin' to sell them on in 2008 at least. haha.

I know, that part of it sucks. I'm taking solace in the fact that the Pats have fallen off and the Redsox probably won't be a playoff team this year. I lived/worked in Newport Beach for a little while, but was born and raised in the bay, so my allegiance is pretty pure there.

This series is going to be awesome. GL.

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 04:31 PM
if Kobe doesnt win this series i better not hear any more laker fans comparing him to Michael Jordan.

Jenceman
06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
And if he does?

Avenged
06-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes if Kobe doesn't win this series please don't compare him to MJ! We don't want AI4MVP mad now do we?

Bruno
06-03-2010, 04:49 PM
if Kobe doesnt win this series i better not hear any more laker fans comparing him to Michael Jordan.

Seriously, that Jordan guy only had six finals appearances. :cool:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-03-2010, 04:58 PM
lakers by 1

Iodine
06-03-2010, 05:03 PM
The only way this wont be awesome is if tupacs ghost interferes again

bulldog2683
06-03-2010, 05:03 PM

West Coast is only experiencing "Boston Success" right now, only having one championship caliber team in all sports. Your quick to point out the history of Celtics and the recent success of Boston sports in the past decade, however before 1990 that what did Boston have?? Patriots and Red Sox won lots of championships right? 86 year drought, I don't think that'll happen to any LA team.......maybe the Clippers ;)

Bruno
06-03-2010, 05:07 PM
West Coast is only experiencing "Boston Success" right now, only having one championship caliber team in all sports. Your quick to point out the history of Celtics and the recent success of Boston sports in the past decade, however before 1990 that what did Boston have?? Patriots and Red Sox won lots of championships right? 86 year drought, I don't think that'll happen to any LA team.......maybe the Clippers ;)

Not to mention that every Brady/Belichick championship should have a fat * next to it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-03-2010, 05:09 PM

wtf??????????????????????

lakers were 19th in points allowed that season, are everyone blind that someone hasn't mentioned it!

lakers sucked beyond horribly in defense on that season:facepalm:

seriously this guy is a joke

are you 5 years old,because it seems like you don't remember what happened 2 years ago in this league???:confused:

:facepalm::facepalm:

06-03-2010, 05:11 PM
I voted Lakers :(

hope it will be Boston although... :o

:D

Bruno
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM

Wrong. Laker nation wanted the Celtics so we could have home court.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 05:20 PM

I can agree with this on a lot of levels. But I will also say- because of the ridiculous history of The Raiders and their idiot owner, a lot of LA people are either Charger fans or 49ers fans. I was brought up to be huge on the Lakers and 49ers. As far as I'm concerned, as A CALIFORNIAN, my teams have dominated the modern era (1980-today). 49ers and Lakers dominated the 1980's and the Lakers have done pretty well since 2000.

The C's were bad in the 60's and Russell is the man. But nobody here on this forum saw any of that, and before 1969 the NBA only featured 12 teams. Since the 1980s, the Lakers and Celtics are tied.

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes if Kobe doesn't win this series please don't compare him to MJ! We don't want AI4MVP mad now do we?

u dont think im right? if kobe loses this finals, he is officially owned by the Celtics.

if kobe wins, then wins two more titles, then we can talk about it. but as a basketball fan, u yourself shud not compare him to MJ right now. if you are a unbiased fan

Avenged
06-03-2010, 05:27 PM
u dont think im right? if kobe loses this finals, he is officially owned by the Celtics.

if kobe wins, then wins two more titles, then we can talk about it. but as a basketball fan, u yourself shud not compare him to MJ right now. if you are a unbiased fan

I'm not disagreeing. Kobe has more to do than just win 1 or 2 rings to be in the talks with MJ.

I don't know about "officially being owned by the Celtics" though. It's his second time facing them. Kobe has plenty of years left in him to get back to the finals especially with the team he has around him. A championship over the Celtics lead by Kobe would put him another level beyond where he's at right now.

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm not disagreeing. Kobe has more to do than just win 1 or 2 rings to be in the talks with MJ.

I don't know about "officially being owned by the Celtics" though. It's his second time facing them. Kobe has plenty of years left in him to get back to the finals especially with the team he has around him. A championship over the Celtics lead by Kobe would put him another level beyond where he's at right now.

ok. i agree with that.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM

It seems like all of the sudden the media has started talking about "Kobe, the GOAT" at an accelerated rate, so naturally it's getting mentioned more and more here as well. Reality is, Kobe isn't in the top five yet, and to jump straight to saying he's better than MJ is stupid, when he hasn't even clearly passed Magic as the best Laker yet (although Jerry West would disagree).

Saying Kobe is just as good as MJ is happening because people are realizing that Kobe is four wins way from winning title #5 at 31 years old. Just because he's on pace, doesn't mean he's better than MJ. As you said, give it a few more years.

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 05:36 PM
This is all just showing how amazing Michael Jordan was. Like Kobe is amazing. Truely an art form. Hes a show, and at his best he is by far the best player in the NBA. To say that there were players that were better then such a legend just shows how great the history of the NBA is

Broke3113
06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
ill bet a lifetime ban on the lakers...any takers

Rams Fan
06-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Go Lakers!!

Avenged
06-03-2010, 05:48 PM
If you thought this thread was already bad... well it just got horrible.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM
This is all just showing how amazing Michael Jordan was. Like Kobe is amazing. Truely an art form. Hes a show, and at his best he is by far the best player in the NBA. To say that there were players that were better then such a legend just shows how great the history of the NBA is

I'm with ya on that. And I hope when Bryant retires, that Kevin Durant or some other person who's just a kid now will challenge his legacy, and Jordans legacy, and the legacy of all the other greats. For me, that keeps the game interesting and fun, having future players continue to challenge the past, and the great history of the sport we love and the NBA.

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm with ya on that. And I hope when Bryant retires, that Kevin Durant or some other person who's just a kid now will challenge his legacy, and Jordans legacy, and the legacy of all the other greats. For me, that keeps the game interesting and fun, having future players continue to challenge the past, and the great history of the sport we love and the NBA.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Avenged
06-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Manram doing work. :clap:

ManRam
06-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Well. That was fun.

Moving along...

I'm pumped for tonight.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I know, that part of it sucks. I'm taking solace in the fact that the Pats have fallen off and the Redsox probably won't be a playoff team this year. I lived/worked in Newport Beach for a little while, but was born and raised in the bay, so my allegiance is pretty pure there.

This series is going to be awesome. GL.

Oh nice, I'm like an hour out from Newport. I only lived in SF for two years, so I'm all Lakers but root for the Warriors against anyone else. I caught a game in Oracle it was great. It's a great atmosphere and I WISH Staples could be like that. But no, everybody too cool to pretend they care- its pathetic. We don't even really get a true HCA in Staples. The committed fans can't afford those seats. Even tonight for the Finals, they'll be on their ***** 50% of the time, I can almost guarantee that.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Well. That was fun.

Moving along...

I'm pumped for tonight.

lol, thanks ManRam.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I was watching footage last night of the Lakers/Celtics game this year. Bynum had a great game, his length really seemed to bother the C's. I think his lack of mobility, and what he brings, or doesnt bring to the table is one of the more overlooked story lines.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Someone has gone mad waiting for the game to start.

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 06:31 PM
to the guy that keeps making new accounts and blah blah blah, you have no ****ing life. your making yourself look like a pathetic loser. Your either a 13 year old fat kid with a bunch of pimples and no friends or a 40 year old fatass with no wife and kids or anything just sitting there making accounts and eating junk food. go get a ****ing life

JNA17
06-03-2010, 06:33 PM
good ****. came back from the best yankees game i ever had, now home to see game 1 of the finals.

excellent! :rock:

ManRam
06-03-2010, 06:34 PM
to the guy that keeps making new accounts and blah blah blah, you have no ****ing life. your making yourself look like a pathetic loser. Your either a 13 year old fat kid with a bunch of pimples and no friends or a 40 year old fatass with no wife and kids or anything just sitting there making accounts and eating junk food. go get a ****ing life

Please. Just let it go. Deleting your guys' posts in addition to his isn't something I want to do. Just ignore him. Please.

Faneik
06-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Go Celtics!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

CLASSOF72
06-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Well. That was fun.

Moving along...

I'm pumped for tonight.

Sorry it's not your Magic in this round ManRam, a rematch of last year would of been fun, but a chance to crush the c's is always a better ticket for us Lakers fans. Which I see you've come in favour of the c's so don't get to pumped we're looking to let the air out of that bag tonight.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Manrammer you need reinforcements lol.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Manrammer you need reinforcements lol.

They've come.

Okay. Now let's get back to basketball :clap::clap:

bigsams50
06-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Game Day!!! Lets go C's

adidas2307
06-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Zomg i luuuuuuv da celtics
they r lyk da beast team evar
did they lyk cancel da team n bring dem back in 2007 cuz i aint herd of dem b4 lyk 2007 n afta dat 1 championshp in lyk 1977? Garnett pierce allen rondo perkins robinson mayne dis is how u make a undefeeted team right hur
celtics gonna win by 30 2nite n win in 4 games
holla at yo boiiii

Avenged
06-03-2010, 06:48 PM
:facepalm:

USMCLaker
06-03-2010, 06:50 PM
In before site crashes! And all Laker & Celtic fans are banned.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I am surprised its a 60/40 split for Boston here. I thought it was gona be more 50/50.
We're all in for a great series.

JNA17
06-03-2010, 06:57 PM
baby im back. Damn being banned for 5 min was bad but they thought i had another account but i had a different IP address :laugh2:

anyway....2 hours left!

Avenged
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
baby im back. Damn being banned for 5 min was bad but they thought i had another account but i had a different IP address :laugh2:

anyway....2 hours left!

They went after you just cause you're a Laker fan. ;)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM

anyway....2 hours left!

lol PSD is under attack by some geeks

ManRam
06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
OK. It's cleared up, the problem is fixed (I'm hoping/assuming). JNA was an unfortunate casualty. ;)

All posts from here on out should be back on topic.

jackdawson
06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Tight game but Paul Pierce takes it over with clutch free throws.

JNA17
06-03-2010, 07:07 PM
They went after you just cause you're a Laker fan. ;)

it's a shame :(. ah well.

if fisher can't handle rondo during the game, im hoping kobe then gets a go at it on rondo instead.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 07:22 PM
it's a shame :(. ah well.

if fisher can't handle rondo during the game, im hoping kobe then gets a go at it on rondo instead.

But then who gets Ray. I think you guys got away with that against OKC because Thabo isn't an offensive threat.

LA_Kings760
06-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Lakers 101 90

Gonna be an epic 7 game series

Lakers repeat, boston cries

CLASSOF72
06-03-2010, 07:24 PM
In before site crashes! And all Laker & Celtic fans are banned.

:clap:

JNA17
But then who gets Ray..

fisher. Fisher can't guard players that are much faster then him, with him guarding ray, everything would be fine. Of course ray will knock down some shots but not as much as he did with the magic or the cavs.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
But then who gets Ray. I think you guys got away with that against OKC because Thabo isn't an offensive threat.

fisher is very good at defending Allen

Bruno
06-03-2010, 07:28 PM

I think the logic behind having Kobe on Rondo is so that he doesn't have to chase Ray Allen all over the place, through screens. It's possibly it would take less energy for Kobe to guard Rondo than Allen, for that reason.

I think Phil like having Fish guard Ray, because Fisher will fight through those screens and hopefully get some offensive fouls called on the C's.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 07:31 PM
I think the logic behind having Kobe on Rondo is so that he doesn't have to chase Ray Allen all over the place, through screens. It's possibly it would take less energy for Kobe to guard Rondo than Allen, for that reason.

I think Phil like having Fish guard Ray, because Fisher will fight through those screens and hopefully get some offensive fouls called on the C's.

That's why I think we need KG setting those screens. They won't put him foul trouble. If Perk sets the screens, he'll pick up that tech in no time.

ko8e24
06-03-2010, 07:31 PM
In an hour and a half......as Chick Hearn (AKA THE LATE GREAT CHICKY BABY) would say......TONIGHT, THE REAL SEASON BEGINS!

JNA17
06-03-2010, 07:32 PM
That's why I think we need KG setting those screens. They won't put him foul trouble. If Perk sets the screens, he'll pick up that tech in no time.

the quote in your sig, did joey crawford actually say that?

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM
the quote in your sig, did joey crawford actually say that?

Verbally? No. But actions speak louder than words. lol

Bruno

Ultimately if the C's can set legit screens, or get away with moving screens, they have the advantage. Theres not too much LA can do about Ray if he gets hot. They could put Kobe on him, but I see Kobe exerting most of his energy on offense. Kobe loves to be the Free-safety roamer, and he can't do that against Ray. I see Kobe on Rondo for most of the series.

hugepatsfan
In an hour and a half......as Chick Hearn (AKA THE LATE GREAT CHICKY BABY) would say......TONIGHT, THE REAL SEASON BEGINS!

Love ur sig! Brings back good memories. lol

Bruno
06-03-2010, 07:36 PM

Amen. Every time that guy calls a foul, and seeing how animated he is I just want to pull an Elvis and shoot my television.

JNA17
06-03-2010, 07:36 PM

lol. Yeah sounds about right since the tim duncan ejection.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 07:38 PM
WTF!!! Did I just make a connection with 2 Laker fans? lol

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
lol. Yeah sounds about right since the tim duncan ejection.

My favorite is the time he bowled over Damon Jones and called Chauncey for it. I hate the mod who took down the Joey Crawford thread. lol

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
What happend earlier with all of the deleted posts?

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 07:41 PM
My favorite is the time he bowled over Damon Jones and called Chauncey for it. I hate the mod who took down the Joey Crawford thread. lol
I remember that! That was terrible reffing.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 07:41 PM

That's one of the biggest difference between this year and 2008.

Kobe is going to have to guard someone who is going to make him work. In 2008, he was able to guard a weak Rondo, and conserve all his energy on offense. But it's either Rondo, who will attack him as much as possible...or Ray, who he's going to have chase around all night.

Either way, he's going to have to expend a lot more energy.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 07:42 PM
What happend earlier with all of the deleted posts?

TheShowzOver and 8 duplicate accounts happened. We are not speaking of it any more.

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 07:45 PM
TheShowzOver and 8 duplicate accounts happened. We are not speaking of it any more.
:facepalm: Wow. That must have been some good exercise ;)

Kakaroach
06-03-2010, 07:45 PM
That's one of the biggest difference between this year and 2008.

Kobe is going to have to guard someone who is going to make him work. In 2008, he was able to guard a weak Rondo, and conserve all his energy on offense. But it's either Rondo, who will attack him as much as possible...or Ray, who he's going to have chase around all night.

Either way, he's going to have to expend a lot more energy. That was exactly what was in my RT discussion response. :)

And anyone else just watch that crazy Rajon Rondo SportsScience thing on ESPN? Rondo has longer arms than LeBron James. :speechless:

Bruno
06-03-2010, 07:48 PM
When Rondo doesn't have the ball Kobe can still roam on him. I think he'll do it purposley to bait him into shooting jumpers. But not doubt, when the ball is in Rondos hands its more work for Kobe this time around.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 07:48 PM
That was exactly what was in my RT discussion response. :)

And anyone else just watch that crazy Rajon Rondo SportsScience thing on ESPN? Rondo has longer arms than LeBron James. :speechless:

Damn thats crazy. He's a half foot shorter.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 07:49 PM
That was exactly what was in my RT discussion response. :)

Mine too :hi5:

That was pretty much what I talked about the most.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
When Rondo doesn't have the ball Kobe can still roam on him. I think he'll do it purposley to bait him into shooting jumpers. But not doubt, when the ball is in Rondos hands its more work for Kobe this time around.

Rondo doesn't bite on that bait much. People have sloughed off of him all year. He's very smart...and won't let it hurt the team. Kobe won't be active all the time, for sure...but it is in the Celtics' best interest to attack with Rondo as long as Kobe is on him. You can definitely roam around, and let him be, but let's not act like guarding him is a cakewalk like it was in 2008. Kobe is going to have to work a lot harder.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Rondo doesn't bite on that bait much. People have sloughed off of him all year. He's very smart...and won't let it hurt the team. Kobe won't be active all the time, for sure...but it is in the Celtics' best interest to attack with Rondo as long as Kobe is on him. You can definitely roam around, and let him be, but let's not act like guarding him is a cakewalk like it was in 2008. Kobe is going to have to work a lot harder.

Agreed. It's more work for him no matter what. I do see Bryant trying to roam when he can, and trying to bait Rondo into jumpers, we'll see how it plays out on the court.

It's gona be harder work for Kobe, but the flip side is that Vladmir Radmonivich isn't guarding Paul Pierce any more.

This is going to be a harder series for both Bryant and Pierce.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Agreed. It's more work for him no matter what. I do see Bryant trying to roam when he can, and trying to bait Rondo into jumpers, we'll see how it plays out on the court.

It's gona be harder work for Kobe, but the flip side is that Vladmir Radmonivich isn't guarding Paul Pierce any more.

This is going to be a harder series for both Bryant and Pierce.

True. In my round table tidbit...I basically said that trying to extrapolate from the 2008 series is just a futile attempt at trying to actually be logical. There is very little that we can incorporate from that series into this one. Too many things have changed. It's too hard to predict anything, in my opinion...

The PG matchup has changed. The SG match up has changed because of that. The SF matchup has changed. The PF match up is different. The C match up is different. The benches are different.

There may be familiar faces, but that's about it.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
True. In my round table tidbit...I basically said that trying to extrapolate from the 2008 series is just a futile attempt at trying to actually be logical. There is very little that we can incorporate from that series into this one. Too many things have changed. It's too hard to predict anything, in my opinion...

The PG matchup has changed. The SG match up has changed because of that. The SF matchup has changed. The PF match up is different. The C match up is different. The benches are different.

There may be familiar faces, but that's about it.

It's crazy how much things can change in two years. These teams are so loaded, damn.

Kakaroach
06-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Damn thats crazy. He's a half foot shorter. Yeah, Rondo is a physical freak for a PG.

Mine too :hi5:

That was pretty much what I talked about the most. Yep, to me thats gonna be the most interesting match-up in this series.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 08:07 PM
It's crazy how much things can change in two years. These teams are so loaded, damn.

True that. And that's why, even though I'm still upset the Magic aren't playing tonight, this is going be a great series. So many questions.

I really think this has been the first Finals in a long time where I've literally gone back and forth more than once as to who I think will win. I've flip-flopped like at least 10 times now. I finally settled on the Celtics (I voted for LA here). But I really don't have a sound reason why.

Bruno
06-03-2010, 08:12 PM
True that. And that's why, even though I'm still upset the Magic aren't playing tonight, this is going be a great series. So many questions.

I really think this has been the first Finals in a long time where I've literally gone back and forth more than once as to who I think will win. I've flip-flopped like at least 10 times now. I finally settled on the Celtics (I voted for LA here). But I really don't have a sound reason why.

I was rooting for Boston (for home-court), but was expecting Orlando. Nelson played out of his mind, but Lewis and Carter choked. If the Magic can get that 3rd player to step up, instead of a 3rd (carter), and 4th guy (lewis) who may or may not show up- along with that bench- that's very scary.

I think the 2-3-2 set up makes it very hard for the road team to win, unless they take one of the first two. I think for the Lakers, these two games are especially important. They can't go to Boston split.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I think the 2-3-2 set up makes it very hard for the road team to win, unless they take one of the first two. I think for the Lakers, these two games are especially important. They can't go to Boston split.

Agreed. I saw some Laker fan here say how the 2-3-2 favors the road team. Huh???? It pretty much forces the team without HCA to win three in a row in order to stay afloat...so yeah, the Celtics MUST win a game here. If they don't, this series is seriously 100% over.

SteveNash
06-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Do Laker fans lose their **** if Boston wins game 1?

I've waited but I still can't decide the outcome. I guess I'll have to go with the Lakers. Hopefully these finals will prove more interesting than the rest of the playoffs.

Ryan328
06-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Damn, 55 votes for the C's for game 1, 38 for LA

Sadds The Gr8
06-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Agreed. I saw some Laker fan here say how the 2-3-2 favors the road team. Huh???? It pretty much forces the team without HCA to win three in a row in order to stay afloat...so yeah, the Celtics MUST win a game here. If they don't, this series is seriously 100% over.

I always thought this too. It 2-3-2 puts so much pressure on the team without HCA to win 3 home games straight, which is hard seeing as you're playing the best opponent in the league

fairandbalanced
06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Anyone else watching ABC's presentation of the finals? The Gasol/Garnett match-up analysis....it was just excellent.

Sadds The Gr8
06-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Anyone else watching ABC's presentation of the finals? The Gasol/Garnett match-up analysis....it was just excellent.

ABC sucks.

croce_99
06-03-2010, 08:58 PM
wow it's the NBA finals....this announcer sounds like its game 1 of the regular season

Sadds The Gr8
06-03-2010, 08:59 PM
wow it's the NBA finals....this announcer sounds like its game 1 of the regular season

yea lol

Avenged
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Alright Celtics fans, here we go!

Best of luck.

Reyes6
06-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Great intro and JVG is commentating... can't get any better.

I'm rooting for Boston but a good series is all I care about.

Scheck
06-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I got the Celtics by 4, with the outcome of the game being decided in the final minute of the game

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Gametime!

NBAfan4life
06-03-2010, 09:06 PM
It is finally time :D

Go lakers

Slimsim
06-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Where is the NBA trophy on the lakers floor. ?

Ryan328
06-03-2010, 09:07 PM
here we go

ManRam
06-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Yes!

Ryan328
that took long

Slimsim
Ron artest is a scrapper.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
lol

jimbobjarree
Where is the NBA trophy on the lakers floor. ?

my thoughts exactly

booooooooo

RadiantShot
:laugh:
20 Seconds in to the game!

Ryan328
wow double T's

RadiantShot
06-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Okay, I'm confused. Rondo always bounces the ball like 10 feet above his head. Not complaining or anything, but wasn't the rule, if you bounce it above your head, it's a tech?

lovethisgame0
06-03-2010, 09:10 PM
The p90x2 workout schedule (http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.me/) below could be the identical plan you get when you buy p90X. To help you change the work-outs for the level of fitness nevertheless, the exercise is Extreme.
When piCture essie nail polish (http://www.essienailpolish.org/) asked me if I would like to make a collaboration shade with them the name Imperial immediately came to my mind. I wanted to create a rich purple nail polish which would also be a bit decadent in terms of the multiple shimmers used with even more sparkles on top.

IndiansFan337
06-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Pierce is already flopping all over the floor. Artest did NOT take him down there.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Kobe attacking is a great sign for LA. Better than him taking high-difficulty shots.

Sixerlover
Say Queensbridge!

ManRam
The Machine is already in. Wow.

IndiansFan337
LAL is going to need a big night from Farmar today. I say get Morrison out there over Vujacic.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 09:12 PM
They be callin this tight, yo.

Let 'em play!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
wow porkins is angry already

Ryan328
haha Morrison

lovethisgame0
06-03-2010, 09:13 PM
The p90x workout schedule (http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.me/) program isn’t just a pair of 12 work out DVDs. It is an entire 90-Day plan that also features the P90x nutrition plan and offers you a detailed training plan and guidelines. You can expect to see a lower body fat percentage and an overall higher level of fitness, If you follow these instructions and the exercise program properly.
As for all the website hiccups and crashes. Us essie nail polish (http://www.essienailpolish.org/) peeps really do know how to crash a website

ManRam
Celtics using Ray Ray too much. I don't get why.

PC
Haha that was really funny to watch

ManRam
They really are calling this too tight. Weak foul on KG there. Weak double techs. Weak ones on Fish.

Ryan328
06-03-2010, 09:14 PM
hittin their shots so far

IndiansFan337
That was def a carry by Artest on that fast break. I can't believe that didn't get called.

ManRam
This is exactly what I said in the Laker forum: the Lakers need to get everyone going, not just Kobe. They won't win this series relying on him to score 40. They need everyone to be involved. They've done a great job so far.

IndiansFan337
06-03-2010, 09:16 PM
LAL is going to be in the bonus early here. If they can hit their FT's they should be able to maintain a sizeable lead at the end of this qtr.

NBAfan4life
06-03-2010, 09:17 PM
The Lakers are making their shots, but they are also taking some really ugly shots

ManRam
06-03-2010, 09:17 PM
KG has to make those shots...

He's off.

The Laker size really is showing it's force. They've done great on the boards.

avrpatsfan
06-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Bad start by the C's but only a 6 point game. I'll take it.

Ryan328
06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Bynum all over the boards so far

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
LAL is going to need a big night from Farmar today. I say get Morrison out there over Vujacic.

WTF are you insane?

Avenged
06-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Lakers playing some good D so far.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Haha. Funny story. Great to see they had the confidence.

boriquaabe
huh... I just tuned in. Boston has gotten a few uncontested layups so far.

NBAfan4life
Lmao I cant believe he was that confident that they would both be in the finals

Reyes6
06-03-2010, 09:22 PM
WTF are you insane?

LOL and put in Mbenga over Brown.

boriquaabe
06-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Pierce seems game... He used artest on one possesion for an easy lay up.

CB29
i wonder if eddie house got his money back... lol nate didn't have to pay

ManRam
Great passing there. Beautiful ball movement.

boriquaabe
Almost another easy bucket by perkins.

RadiantShot
06-03-2010, 09:24 PM
At this rate, the game won't even hit 90 points. Pretty intense.

lovethisgame0
06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Allow me to start out by saying, “p90x schedule (http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.me/) is the real deal. I’ve used it and women and countless other men – just like you and me – have graduated from the P90X Extreme Home Fitness Work outs. And these fitness exercises are extreme my friend, but – so long as you keep important play for three months – you can perform great results like us!”

I just got done doing the insanity workout by Shaun T and all I can say is, he is insanity workout schedule (http://www.insanityworkoutschedule.org/)! I do not know how they can expect people to actually follow that guy! He is in a league of his own, but don't get me wrong, I loved that workout. The insanity workout forces you to move and move every ounce of muscle on your body.

Sixerlover
06-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Kobe has to stop sagging off of Rondo so much. He's proving this isn't 2008 anymore.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I still don't get why they aren't attacking with Pierce or Rondo more. KG isn't getting it done.

boriquaabe
06-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry artest can't guard Pierce... They better get somebody else on him.

Ryan328
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Kg looks rusty so far

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
LOL and put in Mbenga over Brown.

brown sucks so bad

carter15
06-03-2010, 09:28 PM
the refs are calling way too much crap

DCB/LAL
06-03-2010, 09:28 PM