PDA

View Full Version : Did Thorn Turn Down Dooling for Beasley?

nitric
06-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Jason Smith of ESPN Radio's "NBA Today" podcast reports that an NBA general manager told him the Heat offered Michael Beasley to the Nets for Keyon Dooling and "Rod Thorn turned them down". Smith described Thorn's decision as yet another indication of how badly the Heat want to get rid of Beasley.

wtf? :laugh2:
http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/6/2/1497982/did-thorn-turn-down-dooling-for

jrice9
06-02-2010, 05:43 PM
That isnt possible right?

randomness
06-02-2010, 05:45 PM
:laugh: if it's true

Sadds The Gr8
06-02-2010, 05:47 PM
hahahahahahahhahahahha

abe_froman
06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

sure it is,beasley's value is next to nothing right now.its actually very sad story,two years ago he was number 2 pick(who some debated should have been number 1) to being toxic...i cant recall a quicker fall than that

beasted86
06-02-2010, 05:54 PM

No, it's not. Their salaries don't match.

That means:
A) This is totally made up
B) This was a bigger deal that included more players/picks

I think this falls somewhere inbetween like the GSW/MEM Ellis for Mayo deal. I'm pretty sure if there was a package Memphis was offering, it involved a lot more players. But in the end Memphis claimed it was totally made up and the Warriors were lying.

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 06:03 PM

That means:

I think this falls somewhere inbetween like the GSW/MEM Ellis for Mayo deal. I'm pretty sure if there was a package Memphis was offering, it involved a lot more players. But in the end Memphis claimed it was totally made up and the Warriors were lying.

Don't the Nets have a trade exception from the VC deal?

td0tsfinest
06-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Didn't Dooling play for the heats?

If I were Beasley, I start working hard and prove all the doubters wrong. But thats if I was Michael Beasley.

knickerbockerny
06-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Its because cap room is very pivotal to many teams futures, the Nets are one of them. Beasley is a good player, but you don't mess your cap up for him and many others.

RadiantShot
06-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Dooling >>> Beasley.

xabial
06-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Its because cap room is very pivotal to many teams futures, the Nets are one of them. Beasley is a good player, but you don't mess your cap up for him and many others.

True

jimbobjarree
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
yes nets!

RocketsRule
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
That would be crazy if it were true.

But c'mon now, let's be realistic. No way in hell the Nets would reject that.

SteveNash
06-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Definitely not true.

SaimoNETS
06-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Definitely not true.

Why wouldn't it be? The trade would've reduced the Nets' cap space by $4.5 million and made the Heat more competitive in FA, giving them more than $25 million to spend (as written in the article). I'm glad Thorn turned it down.

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Why wouldn't it be? The trade would've reduced the Nets' cap space by $4.5 million and made the Heat more competitive in FA, giving them more than $25 million to spend (as written in the article). I'm glad Thorn turned it down.

Because the salaries don't work unless there were other players involved.

jackdawson
06-02-2010, 07:00 PM
WTF!!?? This is all made up unless dooling is an expiring which I don't think he is. No way in the hell Heat want dooling for beasley otherwise. They would just give him up for a future pick if they want that salary dump to create space for their intended 3rd max player.

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Definitely not true.

Says you.

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
That would be crazy if it were true.

But c'mon now, let's be realistic. No way in hell the Nets would reject that.

It depends on how valuable you think Beasley is. Without Beasley's contract they can fit a max contract player and an $11.4 million player. Would Beasley + someone worth around $6 million a year be worth more than an $11.4 million player?

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 07:05 PM
WTF!!?? This is all made up unless dooling is an expiring which I don't think he is. No way in the hell Heat want dooling for beasley otherwise. They would just give him up for a future pick if they want that salary dump to create space for their intended 3rd max player.

Dooling is guaranteed 500k. Nets are for sure going to decline his "option." That's $3.3 million more to spend.

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Trade exception?

Kakaroach
06-02-2010, 07:06 PM
If this is true that is crazy the Nets GM didn't pull the trigger. Even if Beasley hasn't lived up to expectations so far, you would for sure trade him for Keyon Doolong who will always be a bench PG.

SteveNash
06-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Miami will have nearly 50 million in cap space. Not 25, and Beasley is a decent enough piece for the money he is making.

Dooling is pretty worthless to Miami and they would have an easier time signing him outright. More likely it would have been Beasley for the #4 and Lee.

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Trade exception?

Ah clever. I knew we had VC's exception but I didn't know Miami held one too.
That should work salary wise then.

jackdawson
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Dooling is guaranteed 500k. Nets are for sure going to decline his "option." That's $3.3 million more to spend.

I was talking about the heat. Heat will be able to add that 3rd max player if they can unload Beasley and buy out James Jones (which they will do for sure). So Heat WILL NOT take on any salaries for Bealsey. He will most likely be traded for a future pick or two on draft night.

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Miami will have nearly 50 million in cap space. Not 25, and Beasley is a decent enough piece for the money he is making.

Dooling is pretty worthless to Miami and they would have an easier time signing him outright. More likely it would have been Beasley for the #4 and Lee.

The trade would be Beasley for Dooling's non-guaranteed contract and an exception. The Heat would cut Dooling and save almost $4.5 million in cap space.

And they'd be looking at 2 max deals and at least 13-14 million to spend. So Lebron, Wade, Amare/Bosh

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 07:12 PM
The trade would be Beasley for Dooling's non-guaranteed contract and an exception. The Heat would cut Dooling and save almost $4.5 million in cap space.

And they'd be looking at 2 max deals and about 13-14 million to spend. So Lebron, Wade, Amare/Bosh

Did you factor in roster holds and stuff?
It looks like it comes out to about 15 mil a piece for the two without roster holds.

gwrighter
06-02-2010, 07:13 PM
holy ****. Why doesnt he call up the raps and offer us beasley for patrick O'bryant

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Ah clever. I knew we had VC's exception but I didn't know Miami held one too.
That should work salary wise then.

The Heat don't need one, they are taking on a smaller salary. The Nets would have to use the VC exception because they are taking on too much money.

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I was talking about the heat. Heat will be able to add that 3rd max player if they can unload Beasley and buy out James Jones (which they will do for sure). So Heat WILL NOT take on any salaries for Bealsey. He will most likely be traded for a future pick or two on draft night.

lol The first sentence was for you. You need to relax.:p

gwrighter
06-02-2010, 07:16 PM
man, why is there so much animosity towards beasley?

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Did you factor in roster holds and stuff?
It looks like it comes out to about 15 mil a piece for the two without roster holds.

I have them at ~$25 million assuming they re-sign Wade for the max and renounce everyone else. Even less if they scrap Jones' deal, which they should.

Jenceman
06-02-2010, 07:17 PM

Salaries don't have to match if a team has the cap space to cover the difference.

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 07:18 PM
The Heat don't need one, they are taking on a smaller salary. The Nets would have to use the VC exception because they are taking on too much money.

Oh ok. yeah I'm ********.

SteveNash
06-02-2010, 07:27 PM

And they'd be looking at 2 max deals and at least 13-14 million to spend. So Lebron, Wade, Amare/Bosh

If they just wanted to clear cap space, why wouldn't they just trade Beasley for nothing? Why would they want Dooling? Doesn't make sense.

No way Miami signs 3 max guys anyway. They don't have the pieces to make a sign and trade deal work and don't have enough players to be able to put together a 12 man squad.

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I have them at ~$25 million assuming they re-sign Wade for the max and renounce everyone else. Even less if they scrap Jones' deal, which they should.

-~$3 million for minimum roster holds.

Any idea how much Jones is owed?

nymets57
06-02-2010, 07:34 PM
If this is true that is crazy the Nets GM didn't pull the trigger. Even if Beasley hasn't lived up to expectations so far, you would for sure trade him for Keyon Doolong who will always be a bench PG.

Considering that the Nets will gain $4.5 million dollars if this trade does go through and the fact that they might draft Favors in the draft, I'd say Thorn isn't that crazy.

SluggeR
06-02-2010, 07:36 PM
man, why is there so much animosity towards beasley?

I think people are frustrated w/beasely because he has so much talent, but it doesn't translate on the court. The weed thang comes second to him not using the talent he has to be a very good ball player. The kid needs somebody to take him under their wings.

COBY KARL
06-02-2010, 07:36 PM
lol dooling and beasley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVz0enA1kA

arkanian215
06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
lol dooling and beasley

was that from two years ago? he definitely didn't move like that this season.

uchiha
06-02-2010, 07:37 PM
lol no way

97NYer
06-02-2010, 07:38 PM

That means:

They are both under the cap the salaries don't need to match.

SluggeR
06-02-2010, 07:39 PM
That what people don't understand, why would the nets take on his salary; when they can just draft favors. Having both favors and beasely wouldn't make much sense for a team wanted to gain cap space.

lavilevi23
06-02-2010, 07:40 PM
The Heat would never do that. this is BS

dodie53
06-02-2010, 07:43 PM
imo,
no one is that stupid,
so, no.
it ain't true

Atticus Finch
06-02-2010, 07:45 PM
From the Nets perspective, even if money was completely taken out of the equation I would still be skeptical about a team willing to trade their former #2 pick for a career backup point guard.

ldc62
06-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Didn't Dooling play for the heats?

If I were Beasley, I start working hard and prove all the doubters wrong. But thats if I was Michael Beasley.

If you were Beasley, then you would be too lazy to do that.

beasted86
06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Don't the Nets have a trade exception from the VC deal?

Not big enough to fit Beasley.

And before you ask, you CANNOT combine Dooling with the existing trade exception to match salaries either.

As I said either:

A) Made up
B) Bigger package of players/picks

beasted86
06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Salaries don't have to match if a team has the cap space to cover the difference.

Teams don't have cap space until July 1st after the teams renounce their free agents. Dooling's team option must be decided by June 30th or else he is fully guaranteed for the $3M+.

As I will say again:

A) Made up

Pick one

king james
06-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Technically the season isn't over, and both teams are over the cap so the salaries must match in order for it to go threw.

Heater4life
06-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Here we go..... Yes the Nets would turn that offer down :facepalm:

Because Beasley is not worth anything, Keyon Dooling has so much upside.

C'mon people the Heat arent that desperate to get rid of him. If he gets dumped its because something better like Bosh is coming in.

Sadds The Gr8
06-02-2010, 08:18 PM
holy ****. Why doesnt he call up the raps and offer us beasley for patrick O'bryant
i know right?

lol dooling and beasley

lol Dooling > Beasley :laugh2:

unleashthebeast
06-02-2010, 08:29 PM
dang we have 35 ppl viewing this thread!

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Beasley or Jamarcus?

D Roses Bulls
06-02-2010, 08:39 PM
poor heat fans. the bulls beat the odds and draft rose and the heat have to settle for beasley. no wonder heat fans hate bulls fans :p

HiphopRelated
06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Riley most likely wanted the 3rd pick.

use your brains

Bulls_fan90
06-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Beasley or Jamarcus?

Jamarcus easily. :p

IrespectNumber3
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
poor heat fans. the bulls beat the odds and draft rose and the heat have to settle for beasley. no wonder heat fans hate bulls fans :p

2003...We Drafted Wade....you drafted heinrich...

2010 You Want Wade...Maybe you should pray for Lebron...

Im happy with Wade/Beasley >>>> Heinrich/Rose

Lets just put things in perspective

IrespectNumber3
06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Keyon Dooling is 30 years old
Michael Beasley 22 years old

Michael Beasley best NBA season last year 14.8ppg/6.8rebs
Keyon Dooling best NBA season 08-09 9ppg/2rebs/3.5 assist

Yea...Keyon Dooling is much better then Beasley and has a way better future : / shame on us I forgot the Nets also had the best record in the NBA this season and made the playoffs

Good Job

masalex1205
06-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Here we go..... Yes the Nets would turn that offer down :facepalm:

Because Beasley is not worth anything, Keyon Dooling has so much upside.

C'mon people the Heat arent that desperate to get rid of him. If he gets dumped its because something better like Bosh is coming in.

How was Dooling have "so much upside?" He's 30

beasted86
06-02-2010, 09:32 PM
They are both under the cap the salaries don't need to match.

Read

Teams don't have cap space until July 1st after the teams renounce their free agents. Dooling's team option must be decided by June 30th or else he is fully guaranteed for the $3M+.

As I will say again:

A) Made up

Pick one

J$mo0th_3o5
06-02-2010, 09:40 PM
I still think this is total ********!

IrespectNumber3
06-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I still think this is total ********!

Of course it is...Just another opportunity for fans to get senseless humor out of a player...

In the average fans eyes Beasley = Kwame Brown

Tony_Starks
06-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Beasley the tinman? No thanks...

yiformvp
06-02-2010, 09:52 PM
use your heads? of course it true dooling contract runs out in the summer its all bout salary cap, heat r just trying to sign 2 max free agent so before u post its not true try to understand basketball and the nba salaery cap n then watch beasly Rod Thorn= best in the buss

mia305king
06-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Huge fail by both teams.

HiphopRelated
06-02-2010, 10:22 PM
use your heads? of course it true dooling contract runs out in the summer its all bout salary cap, heat r just trying to sign 2 max free agent so before u post its not true try to understand basketball and the nba salaery cap n then watch beasly Rod Thorn= best in the buss
Miami already has the cap to do that. I think you're the one who's struggling to understand Miami's cap situation

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Of course it is...Just another opportunity for fans to get senseless humor out of a player...

In the average fans eyes Beasley = Kwame Brown

I think you give the average fan too much credit.

The average fan thinks Beasley has significant value.

One of the guys I talk bball with is a Heat fan; here's a couple of his recent quotes:

Beasley is a joke and as I've said many times on here

Beasley will never be **** on the heat.

Plus he's [Beasley] soft as sex.

Bulls_fan90
06-02-2010, 10:53 PM
2003...We Drafted Wade....you drafted heinrich...

2010 You Want Wade...Maybe you should pray for Lebron...

Im happy with Wade/Beasley >>>> Heinrich/Rose

Lets just put things in perspective

Learn how to spell buddy. You can keep Wade. We'll happily settle for Lebron and add to our 6 championships.

beasted86
06-02-2010, 10:57 PM

Fail. :facepalm:

camador22
06-02-2010, 11:01 PM
It's no secret Miami will try to get rid of Beasley for cap room to open enough room for a third max free agent. With that being said you have to be a fool to believe this link for a couple of reasons. Miami will possibly get rid of Beasley for a future pick/cap room. A few things to consider before believing this nonsense

1. Miami turned down the #2 pick last season from Memphis for Beasley
2. Miami turned down a deal for Boozer because they did not want to include him early this season
3. Miami refused to include Beasley in a deal for Amare late this season
4. Micky Arison went public and said Beasley will not be traded.

After knowing all this FACTS how can anyone sane believe this and that the Nets turned it down :facepalm:

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 11:04 PM
It's no secret Miami will try to get rid of Beasley for cap room to open enough room for a third max free agent. With that being said you have to be a fool to believe this link for a couple of reasons. Miami will possibly get rid of Beasley for a future pick/cap room. A few things to consider before believing this nonsense

1. Miami turned down the #2 pick last season from Memphis for Beasley
2. Miami turned down a deal for Boozer because they did not want to include him early this season
3. Miami refused to include Beasley in a deal for Amare late this season
4. Micky Arison went public and said Beasley will not be traded.

After knowing all this FACTS how can anyone sane believe this and that the Nets turned it down :facepalm:

Do you have proof to back all of that up? I thought the Heat didn't want to trade Beasley until the off-season to keep their cap space?

JasonJohnHorn
06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
It did seem like Beasley took a step back this season. He isn't a "three point shooter" per say, but he does take like one or two a game, and last year he made more 3-pointers with fewer attemps that he did this year. His 3P% was almost cut in half from a very impressive 40% to a woeful 27%, but if I was ever offered a guy like Beasley for a guy like Dooling, I would take it in a heart beat. Beasley would make a solid contributor on most any team, and still has a high ceiling. There are a lot of players who have taken a several seasons to develop and a lot of guys don't hit their stride until 27 or 28. Beasley would be worth the investment, and since he is still under his rookie contract wouldnt be a weight on the salary cap. I can't imagine any GM turning that deal down.

camador22
06-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Do you have proof to back all of that up? I thought the Heat didn't want to trade Beasley until the off-season to keep their cap space?

http://www.peninsulaismightier.com/2009/6/28/928775/heat-were-offered-2nd-overall-pick

Despite Pat Riley being fond of centers, he turned down the Memphis Grizzlies offer of the 2nd overall pick (which would've been used on C Hasheem Thabeet) for last years 2nd overall selection in Beasley.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/02/14/1479429/arison-hoping-to-keep-beasley.html

``We've never put him out there,'' Arison said

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-tradebuzz021710

The Miami Heat and Utah Jazz engaged the Washington Wizards in a possible three-team deal that would send Carlos Boozer to the Heat, but the talks have gone nowhere, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

One general manager said the Heat were calling around this afternoon, already trying to lay groundwork for the draft and offseason. They no longer appeared to be trying to make a significant deal at the deadline.

Heat forward Michael Beasley hadnít been included in the discussions, a source said

beasted86
06-02-2010, 11:15 PM
It seems some people want to use false logic. I already explained why this isn't financially possible.

But anyway just for discussion.... Washington has a $6M trade exception big enough to fit Beasley, and have already been linked to him in articles saying their front office is interested.

If Riley supposedly only wanted to do a salary dump, why the heck would he trade him to the Nets and take on Dooling's $500,000 guarantee, when he can trade him to the Wizards and take no cap hit in return?

Tony_Starks
06-02-2010, 11:18 PM
I can't see Beasley ever turning into a consistent quality player. He seems the type that will probably bounce around a few teams, play good during the "honeymoon" period, and go back to his old self. I've just seen it happen so many times the thing is he doesn't have heart and you can't learn that.....

i could be wrong....

camador22
06-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Stoudemire can opt out of the $17.7 million on his 2010-11 contract; unless the Suns trade him, they could end up getting nothing for him.

Meanwhile, the Miami Heat are still working to put together a package for Stoudemire, although a source familiar with Pat Rileyís most recent offer says it doesnít include Michael Beasley

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.peninsulaismightier.com/2009/6/28/928775/heat-were-offered-2nd-overall-pick

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/02/14/1479429/arison-hoping-to-keep-beasley.html

Thank you, I will read and get back to this.

camador22
06-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Miami could very well trade Beasley for nothing but why would they take back Dooling???? Beasley, Cook and James Jones for a future first rounder (lottery protected) would be far more realistic. Riley at this point wants cap room and Dooling doesn't provide enough cap to have two high quality players join Wade.

jsumadchat
06-03-2010, 12:09 AM

this...

sometimes, you make moves or DONT make moves in order to cockblock OTHER teams from making more moves. just because beasley is better than dooling, doesnt mean you pull the trigger.

SugeKnight
06-03-2010, 12:12 AM
SBNation sites are BS

gwrighter
06-03-2010, 12:23 AM
I think people are frustrated w/beasely because he has so much talent, but it doesn't translate on the court. The weed thang comes second to him not using the talent he has to be a very good ball player. The kid needs somebody to take him under their wings.

ship him up to canada, he can smoke all the weed he wants here. LOL.

I agree though his potential is through the roof still. I wouldn't mind him coming to the raptors and playing the 3 spot for us.

IrespectNumber3
06-03-2010, 12:40 AM
This is why I can't wait until 2010 to put some of this foolishness to rest. I'm tired of "Fanism."
I'm tired of trade rumors and im tired of people saying a 21 year old who averages 15/7 is a bust. It's a joke.

Devin Harris played on the Mavs for 3-4 years and was a FALL guy 4/5 option, the minute he gets traded to the Nets for Jason Kidd suddenly he's an allstar?

Kobe really wanted Bynum off of the team, and you see the type of player hes turning out to be.

You can't expect a 21 year old to come in Dominating the league, Beasley averages 5ppg 5rebs call him a bust. The Heat don't make the playoffs call him a bust.
The truth is hes still a developing player, 4million dollar contract and is 21 years old, he has way more upside.

ldc62
06-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Not gonna lie... I would rather have Yi than Beasley. At least Yi seems like he works hard, and probably has just as good a scoring touch. Also better rebounder and sometimes cares about playing D.

3RDASYSTEM
06-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Finally someone on here with nice BBall knowledge @IrespectNumber3....exactly..gotta give any athlete/team 3-5yrs to develop game and team chemistry as long as you have nice core of players in place,notably BULLS(96-98)LAKERS(85,01)CELTICS(08)...those are nice blueprints to use as example on how to build around Superstar/AllStar type players....we'll see how good he is during his contract yrs,they all seem to step it up a notch in that yr for chance at big payday

IrespectNumber3
06-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Not gonna lie... I would rather have Yi than Beasley. At least Yi seems like he works hard, and probably has just as good a scoring touch. Also better rebounder and sometimes cares about playing D.

Yi is a better scorer?
PPG 14.8 > 12.0
FG 46.5 percent > 40.2 percent

I agree Yi at 7ft is a better rebounder, but what impact has Yi made on a winning team?

Yi is only 22 which means he has room for improvement but for right now? Unless you watch all NBA teams play on fair ground, don't base biased opinions

IrespectNumber3
06-03-2010, 01:12 AM
Finally someone on here with nice BBall knowledge @IrespectNumber3....exactly..gotta give any athlete/team 3-5yrs to develop game and team chemistry as long as you have nice core of players in place,notably BULLS(96-98)LAKERS(85,01)CELTICS(08)...those are nice blueprints to use as example on how to build around Superstar/AllStar type players....we'll see how good he is during his contract yrs,they all seem to step it up a notch in that yr for chance at big payday

Thanks, I'm just trying to use realistic comparisons. I'm not saying Beasley will be as good as those players but he has value to the Heat

Jenceman
06-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Not big enough to fit Beasley.

And before you ask, you CANNOT combine Dooling with the existing trade exception to match salaries either.

As I said either:

A) Made up

Jenceman
06-03-2010, 02:42 AM

As I will say again:

A) Made up

Pick one

You do know that the move couldn't be made right now anyways? And if a team was already under the salary cap, regardless of who expires, then that cap room is available. Not saying the Nets don't have that right now, as I'm not sure of their exact figures.

sventhedog
06-03-2010, 07:31 AM
true or not.

- you can't deny that beasley doesn't have much value at this point.

- also you have to consider the fact that these 2 teams will be competing with each other in the free agency period. more cap room for the heat = better chance of landing a free agent.

- if you were the net's GM, would you help the heat so they can get the free agent the nets want?

beasted86
06-03-2010, 10:22 AM
You do know that the move couldn't be made right now anyways? And if a team was already under the salary cap, regardless of who expires, then that cap room is available. Not saying the Nets don't have that right now, as I'm not sure of their exact figures.

It can be made if their salaries matched it could be done. As long as both team's seasons have ended, trades can be made.

Matter of fact I expect Beasley to be a Wizard on draft night or soon after. I predict Beasley + Jones to the Wizards for McGee and the 30th... or something like that. The Wizards have big enough trade exceptions to make it work.

arkanian215
06-03-2010, 10:25 AM
It can be made if their salaries matched it could be done. As long as both team's seasons have ended, trades can be made.

Matter of fact I expect Beasley to be a Wizard on draft night or soon after. I predict Beasley + Jones to the Wizards for McGee and the 30th... or something like that. The Wizards have big enough trade exceptions to make it work.

I'm not sure why the Wizards would take a "bad" influence like Beasley when they're trying to buy out Arenas already.

arkanian215
06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Yi is a better scorer?
PPG 14.8 > 12.0
FG 46.5 percent > 40.2 percent

I agree Yi at 7ft is a better rebounder, but what impact has Yi made on a winning team?

Yi is only 22 which means he has room for improvement but for right now? Unless you watch all NBA teams play on fair ground, don't base biased opinions
Just a read: http://netsarescorching.com/2010/06/03/the-nets-didnt-trade-dooling-for-beasley-thats-smart/

The article is what it is. You can take it with a grain of salt if you'd like.

lakersrock
06-03-2010, 11:09 AM

That means:

You do realize the Nets have a ton of cap room and could take the hit right?

beasted86
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
You do realize the Nets have a ton of cap room and could take the hit right?

You do realize no teams are under the cap until the new year starts July 1st, right? You do realize Keyon Dooling's team option has to be decided by June 30th or else instead of a $500,000 buyout, he gets the full guarantee of $3,828,000, which is only $1.1M less than Beasley is making, right?

So are you next going to say that Riley really wants that $1.1M cash savings and Dooling instead of Beasley? :facepalm: Beasley >>>>>>>>>>> Dooling. The logic people are using to say the Heat really did offer this is because of cash savings on Dooling's buyout... except it's financially impossible to trade these players straight up until July 1st because their salaries don't match. The problem is July 1st is after Dooling's buyout date... So there is one, and only 1 conclusion:

1) This is totally made up
2) The package offered was bigger than just Beasley & Dooling.

As I said, pick one or the other. No way around this.

beasted86
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure why the Wizards would take a "bad" influence like Beasley when they're trying to buy out Arenas already.

Beasley isn't a bad influence at all. He's a great locker room player. The weed issue is overstated as a lot of players smoke. Beasley was just stupid enough to get caught.

If the Wizards can get a talent like Beasley for two low non-lottery picks McGee (18th) + current 30th, I think they would go for it. Wall + Beasley + Blatche is a very young core with room to grow.

Nets fan 93
06-03-2010, 03:16 PM
However, a look at the two teams' salary structures show that it may be more about cap space. Beasley is scheduled to make $4,962,240 next season while Dooling is only owed a $500,000 buyout on his $3,828,000. The Nets have a team option on Dooling exercisable June 29. So taking on Beasley would have reduced the Nets' cap space by nearly $4.5 million. It would have made the Heat much more competitive in free agency this summer as well, giving them more than $25 million to spend...as well as Dwyane Wade.

The Heat declined comment on the report.
http://www.netsdaily.com/

Chicagofaithful
06-03-2010, 03:26 PM
lmao be easy buddy

topdog
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Beasley isn't a bad influence at all. He's a great locker room player. The weed issue is overstated as a lot of players smoke. Beasley was just stupid enough to get caught.

If the Wizards can get a talent like Beasley for two low non-lottery picks McGee (18th) + current 30th, I think they would go for it. Wall + Beasley + Blatche is a very young core with room to grow.

Talentwise maybe, but I thinking putting Beasley and Blatche together is a bad idea. I'd rather have a young center and a shot at another good player (this is the pre-CBA draft) than a buddy for Blatche to get into trouble with.

Besides you already have Al Thorton and possibly Howard to play the 3 and Blatche at 4.

arkanian215
06-03-2010, 04:10 PM

So there are no maturity, anger, drug abuse, rape, murder issues?

beasted86
06-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Talentwise maybe, but I thinking putting Beasley and Blatche together is a bad idea. I'd rather have a young center and a shot at another good player (this is the pre-CBA draft) than a buddy for Blatche to get into trouble with.

Besides you already have Al Thorton and possibly Howard to play the 3 and Blatche at 4.

Blatche played significant minutes at the 5/4 to finish the season. They actually went with Oberto in the starting lineup over McGee. Maybe McGee is just not ready to start, or maybe the coaches just aren't high on his ability when he does get minutes.

Either way, I'd think Beasley is better than either Oberto or McGee right now and could start next to Blatche... but maybe that's just my opinion. Also Howard is coming off an injury and they may not want to re-sign him. Thornton is also going into the last year of his rookie contract, and at age 27 they may not see any more upside to warrant a long term commitment. Either way all in all it has already been reported that the Wizards are interested in Beasley in a salary dump type deal, so I'm not just making this up: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/30/AR2010043001450.html

beasted86
06-03-2010, 04:42 PM
So there are no maturity, anger, drug abuse, rape, murder issues?

No. Not in the locker room.

Lakersho
06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
cant see this as true...

arkanian215
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
No. Not in the locker room.

Off the court?

beasted86
06-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Off the court?

Off the court, there was a drug test he failed in the NBA's random drug testing. He also was caught in the room with Mario Chalmers and Darell Arthur during the rookie symposium that smelled of weed.

Because of the two violations he was automatically placed in the NBA's drug rehab program.

RaptorizedKevin
06-03-2010, 07:41 PM
if this is true LOL WOW. poor beasly.. is he that ****? hes not in the best system but hes still yung and can produce when in the right situation, guive him some time. dont give him up for garbage.

JNA17
06-03-2010, 07:43 PM
i call BS on the report.

Truheatfan
06-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Dooling >>> Beasley.

:facepalm:

thats a false rumor

arkanian215
06-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Jason Smith...
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=allnight

skinsfan4life80
06-03-2010, 08:34 PM
either there is more to this story (picks) or just not true at all

Sixerlover
06-03-2010, 08:38 PM
I would understand if he said no. He has reason to.

beasted86
06-03-2010, 09:05 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2ao7rxz

The Nets are over the cap, and their incoming salaries are greater than 125% plus $100,000 of their outgoing salaries. Cut $83,600 from the Nets incoming trade value to make this trade successful.

This is a really legit source, you guys should check it out. :nod:

HouRealCoach
06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
This is a team's opportunity to get this guy for nothing

arkanian215
06-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Off the court, there was a drug test he failed in the NBA's random drug testing. He also was caught in the room with Mario Chalmers and Darell Arthur during the rookie symposium that smelled of weed.

Because of the two violations he was automatically placed in the NBA's drug rehab program.

ok as long as he's shown some improved maturity, that's all owners can hope for.

Nets fan 93
06-04-2010, 12:41 AM
The NBA is a business. The Nets can buy out Dooling and only pay him 500k.
Beasley is garunteed 4,500,000. Good decision by Rod.

beasted86
06-04-2010, 12:55 AM
The NBA is a business. The Nets can buy out Dooling and only pay him 500k.
Beasley is garunteed 4,500,000. Good decision by Rod.

So with that in mind you say that Beasley isn't worth $4M? :laugh2:

Anyway, for the last time I've already said this trade was financially impossible. Read the Salary cap FAQ and you'll understand why. Plug it into any of the NBA trade machines/checkers and you'll also read an explanation why it's not possible. And if you still want to disregard all of that facts... then here is a bit of hearsay if you dislike facts:

Nonetheless, a party close to the situation said Beasley-for-space isnít an issue for now, because the Heat did not offer the 2008 first-round pick to the Nets in the reported deal.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2010/06/the-value-of-jettisoning-beasley-into-space.html

Sixerlover
06-04-2010, 01:01 AM
So with that in mind you say that Beasley isn't worth $4M? :laugh2:

Anyway, for the last time I've already said this trade was financially impossible. Read the Salary cap FAQ and you'll understand why. Plug it into any of the NBA trade machines/checkers and you'll also read an explanation why it's not possible. And if you still want to disregard all of that facts... then here is a bit of hearsay if you dislike facts:

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2010/06/the-value-of-jettisoning-beasley-into-space.html
If I'm NJ I'd rather have an extra 4 mil for free agency than pay Beasley 4 mil. You have Favors (basically) and Lopez, and your aiming for a couple Top FA's. Why pay 4 mil for a player who would be your backup 4 for a couple years then bolt in FA anyway?

And hasn't done all that great in MIA anyway. That's just if the rumor was true

beasted86
06-04-2010, 01:11 AM
If I'm NJ I'd rather have an extra 4 mil for free agency than pay Beasley 4 mil. You have Favors (basically) and Lopez, and your aiming for a couple Top FA's. Why pay 4 mil for a player who would be your backup 4 for a couple years then bolt in FA anyway?

And hasn't done all that great in MIA anyway. That's just if the rumor was true

Well the rumor wasn't true obviously, and is impossible... but for the sake of discussion...

Pretty much all Nets fans will agree that for the past 2 years straight the primary problem with the roster has been the forwards. They suck. Between Simmons, Hayes, SWAT, Boone, Yi, Hassell, etc... there have just been too many garbage players.

Even if Beasley is just depth at the 3/4... you just went from having no starter and garbage depth to having 5 young prospects on rookie salaries at the forward/center (Lopez/Favors/Beasley/T-Will/Yi). There is never too much of a good thing, especially when it comes at a cheap price.

In the imaginary scenario where this is a staight up deal, the Nets still have the cap space for 1 max, and another 2nd tier... like they've always had. They never had the money for 2 max contracts. If anything this also expands assets for S&T possibilities. Trust... no GM with a brain wouldn't have done this trade.