PDA

View Full Version : LBJ and Bosh to The Knicks = Championship contenders or middle of the pack?

beardown78
06-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Simple question, If the Knicks hit the jackpot and sign James and Bosh to max deals this summer are the Knicks favorites to win A title in 1-3 years? And would the Knicks have enough money left over to fill out the rest of thier roster with the needed role players and bench depth without being ridiculously in the luxury tax? You're thoughts

Bruno
06-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Top 3 in the East. I'm not saying they couldn't make a push for the best record in the east but I still don't see that team matching up very well with Orlando.

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 05:26 PM
They won't have much money leftover but the Knicks could look to send a package of Galinari/Curry's expiring for a PG.

kurivaimu
06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
i think much depens on the supporting cast

ldc62
06-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Contenders.... Team LeBosh would be too good...

Raidaz4Life
06-02-2010, 05:46 PM
They are in the East so they would easily be a top 3 team.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 05:47 PM
They won't have much money leftover but the Knicks could look to send a package of Galinari/Curry's expiring for a PG.

I'd think Galinari would be one guy they'd want to keep around for LeBron and Bosh. He shot 38% from three last season, and 44% the year before. He would be the perfect floor spreader in a Bosh/James system.

maddBat
06-02-2010, 05:48 PM

exactly. out of all the teams that are looking 2 sign a big time FA i think the knicks have the least amount of talent. even with 2 big FA i dont think they go 2 far in the playoffs.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 05:51 PM
They'd also need a physical Perkins style Center, and a PG who could hit some 3's and play a little D.

sean17c
06-02-2010, 05:54 PM
that the thing these knicks fans dont get.

hellll nooo

lebron and bosh...
'

no center pg or sg??

no bench??? the lakers celtics magic nuggets etc would destroy them

lebron better be smart and come to chicago

ChiSox219
06-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I'd think Galinari would be one guy they'd want to keep around for LeBron and Bosh. He shot 38% from three last season, and 44% the year before. He would be the perfect floor spreader in a Bosh/James system.

Where's he going to play? Unless you use Lebron to guard the opposing PG...

Galinari is the only player with real value that could next the Knicks a third piece to go with Lebron and Bosh.

GSW Hoops
06-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Contenders.... Team LeBosh would be too good...

Love the LeBosh moniker!

nearyG
06-02-2010, 05:59 PM
who else is going to play with them...the knicks will spend all their money on 2 players and then **** the bed when it comes time to walk the walk...whos is your starting lineup gonna be....eddy curry and center, wilson chandler and danillo gallinari at the wings and who else....whos your point gaurd....chris duhon and toney douglas....good luick with that...they are going to need a lot more help than that lol if they want to contend...i actually think this whole new york 2010 offseason is a load of crap and i think well see when the offseason comes, the knicks might be stuck with gilbert arenas and joe johnson or carlos boozer...lol i think cleveland miami toronto and pheonix have a better chance at signing 2 of the stars than the knicks lol

igPay atinLay
06-02-2010, 06:00 PM
The Bulls won titles in large part because of Jordan and Pippen but that wasn't it. That had the perfect role players around them. Guys like Kerr, Rodman, Harper, Cartright, and Armstrong. When one left or before one showed up they had a role player in that position.

The Knicks would be middle of the pack because the Knicks don't have the guys around them and without a draft pick this year it really hurts them. The Knicks would be the 4th or 5th best team in the east without the supporting cast. A championship caliber team with it though.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 06:04 PM

Galinari is the only player with real value that could next the Knicks a third piece to go with Lebron and Bosh.

I was thinking since it would be in the context of the Dantoni "seven seconds or less" system they could play a small ball quick lineup, possibly putting James at the 4 and Bosh at the 5. They'd get destroyed on the inside but it almost worked for Phoenix in 2007. Having Dano as the floor spreader and Chandler as an athletic wing style slasher they could have an athletic quick starting 5 that could hit some threes.

They'd need to figure out the point guard situation too- just a thought. It's hard trying to figure out what they could do with a Bosh/James situation- NY really doesn't have that many pieces to work with here.

JordansBulls
06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Simple question, If the Knicks hit the jackpot and sign James and Bosh to max deals this summer are the Knicks favorites to win A title in 1-3 years? And would the Knicks have enough money left over to fill out the rest of thier roster with the needed role players and bench depth without being ridiculously in the luxury tax? You're thoughts

I think they would be contenders for sure.

igPay atinLay
06-02-2010, 06:08 PM
I was thinking since it would be in the context of the Dantoni "seven seconds or less" system they could play a small ball quick lineup, possibly putting James at the 4 and Bosh at the 5. They'd get destroyed on the inside but it almost worked for Phoenix in 2007. Having Dano as the floor spreader and Chandler as an athletic wing style slasher they could have an athletic quick starting 5 that could hit some threes.

They'd need to figure out the point guard situation too- just a thought. It's hard trying to figure out what they could do with a Bosh/James situation- NY really doesn't have that many pieces to work with here.

If I'm a Knicks fan that believed they definitely go together I'd be more worried that Lebron and Bosh are playing in Brooklyn in a few years. The Nets have the ability to sign to max deals and they have a young supporting casts....but I don't think either the Nets or Knicks are coming away with either.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 06:10 PM
If I'm a Knicks fan that believed they definitely go together I'd be more worried that Lebron and Bosh are playing in Brooklyn in a few years. The Nets have the ability to sign to max deals and they have a young supporting casts....but I don't think either the Nets or Knicks are coming away with either.

I'd agree that NY isn't the most desirable location for any of these free-agents and that the only reason it's even in the discussion is because its NY.

SaimoNETS
06-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Hellll nooo

lebron and bosh...
'

no center pg or sg??

No bench??? The lakers celtics magic nuggets etc would destroy them

well duhhh

knickerbockerny
06-02-2010, 06:13 PM
July 1st and the 8th are fast approaching, and that's an understatement.

Giaps
06-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Gallinari, Chandler, Douglas, Walker are on the roster... all are rotation players and Gallinari and Chandler are starters...

2 2nd round picks this draft and the possibility of sign-and-trading Lee for players

There's also the expiring contract of that Curry guy which can help bring somebody else in.

It's not like they'll have a completely bare team.

Slimsim
06-02-2010, 06:22 PM
TD doesn't need to have the ball to be effective Since LBJ would have the ball 75% of the time.
TD as we speak is working on his game.

Gallo Played his first actual NBA season last year and proved he can play 82 games a season after coming off back surgery and average 15 points a game and 5 rebs. He has a lot of upside and showed flashes that he take the ball to the basket and draw the foul.

Chandler Average 15 points and 4 rebs with a bad ankle and a groin Injury and was told to shut it down for the rest of the season so he can work out this summer.

Bill walker averaged 10 points and 3 rebounds he can shot the 3 and is a really good off the bench player

Earl Barron He is a good back up center

2 Second round picks Utah beside Derron Williams Have nothing but Second picks and D league players and look how successful they been

Oh and i forget Eddy expiring Contract Has much more value and he also lost a lot of weight So who knows what could happen he might return to is 06-07 self. And this is also his contract year he will Play for a next contract so expect curry come camp hungry. and no not for burgers.

So stop the whole Knicks don't have a supporting cast ******** because we can Sign players for the vet min and LBJ have the ability to make players better than they are look and Andy V.

Kakaroach
06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Bosh+James on any team is a championship contender. But it would be sign-n-trades I would expect, so they might have a very little around them. Still those 2 are very impressive.

RNess78c
06-02-2010, 06:29 PM

i would trade Gallinari Curry for Monta Ellis and the knicks need a center and shooting guard so it wouldnt be a team i'd wanna go to! the nets have a way better squad if they could sign lebron and possibly a sign and trade with the raptors Bosh for draft pick + Kris H & Yi & Lee

Lopez
Bosh
Lebron
CDR
Harris

colinskik
06-02-2010, 06:30 PM
They'd also need a physical Perkins style Center, and a PG who could hit some 3's and play a little D.
Then Toney Douglas is the man for the job... His strength is his D and his shot, not necessarily his PG skills, which would be a moot point anyway if LeBron were here.

Dmagic87
06-02-2010, 06:33 PM
As a a knick fan. I think we are close to contenders. People will sign with us for dirt cheap. You guys would be surprised to see how well Gallo and Douglas would do if they were with Bosh and Lebron. Both can shoot 3s lights out.

jeter 2
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I think people forget that the Knicks do have cap space next year as well. If they manage it correctly, they could be in the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes. Also, I think the Knicks would be a top 3 team in the league with Lebron and Bosh. Lebron took the Cavs when they had nobody to the finals. Imagine what he could do with Bosh.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Then Toney Douglas is the man for the job... His strength is his D and his shot, not necessarily his PG skills, which would be a moot point anyway if LeBron were here.

I picked up Douglas in the final month for my fantasy squad. He did great. I know he was solid statistically towards the end, but I've never actually seen him play.

RocketsRule
06-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Bosh+James on any team is a championship contender. But it would be sign-n-trades I would expect, so they might have a very little around them. Still those 2 are very impressive.

While I agree, you cannot have guys like Tony Douglas (not a knock on him) start for your team. Chandler and Gallinari are decent, but they'd still need a few more good pieces before they can really be considered a true contender.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I think people forget that the Knicks do have cap space next year as well. If they manage it correctly, they could be in the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes. Also, I think the Knicks would be a top 3 team in the league with Lebron and Bosh. Lebron took the Cavs when they had nobody to the finals. Imagine what he could do with Bosh.

That's out of context in the sense that the league is muchhhh different now.

In 2006-2007...
The Lakers, 42-40, first round exit.
The Celtics, 24-58, no playoffs.
The Magic, 40-42, first round exit.

2007 was one of the weakest/weirdest NBA seasons we've had in a long time. The 67 win Mavs get eliminated in the first round. Detroit falls apart at the hands of LBJ, the SUNS/SPURS playoff controversy. Only three teams in the entire league finished with 55 wins or more (seven with 50 or more). This season every playoff team in the west had 50 wins. Only in that playoff season, after a brilliant series by LeBron does that Cavs team have any business being in the Finals.

Slimsim
06-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I need some one beside a Knicks fan to answer this question If everyone thinks the Knick suck so bad and have no chance at LBJ and Bosh Why make a thread about it ? I can understand if it was a Knicks fan who made the thread but it's not so Why, is it to bait or do you really believe the Knicks have a good chance to Get bosh and LBJ ? I don't see any NJ or Clipper threads but I'm guessing that's because not many consider them a threat at landing LBJ. And besides if your not a Lakers or Celtics fans you shouldn't be worried about the Knicks should be worried about your own team and what they can do to get to the finals.

NY-SportsFan
06-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Are you all serious? Lebron and Bosh and a bunch of Dleague guys would likely be a top 4 seed. Lebron alone, maybe not, but still a low seeded playoff team.

But put Lebron and Bosh with decent role players like Chandler, Douglas, and (maybe) Bill Walker, along with a legit 3rd option in Gallinari, they are easily a contender.

The NBA is driven by stars. Put the MVP and another superstar together, they will be good no matter what. Put them alongside a few decent pieces and they would definitely contend.
They wouldnt be the absolute favorite, but they would certainly be capable of contending.

RocketsRule
06-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Sure, they'd be contenders. But I unless they pick up a few more good pieces to pair with those two guys, I don't see them beating Orlando, Los Angeles, or Boston.

GoNY
06-02-2010, 07:05 PM
I picked up Douglas in the final month for my fantasy squad. He did great. I know he was solid statistically towards the end, but I've never actually seen him play.

And that's what's wrong with so much of the ignorant crap that flies out of some people's mouths when it comes to the Knicks. Not saying you said anything bad at all, just using your quote.

We haven't been on national TV and people only see us when we play their team. That's not a big enough sample size to judge. Some people have league pass so they can probably catch a few games here and there and form a slightly better opinion. In my dealings with other Knicks fans, they are honest about their teams and talent. Do some tend to allow their homerism to cloud their judgement somewhat? Yeah, but which fanbase doesn't do that? For the most part we know when someone on our squad is crap. We have seen enough of it the past decade to be experts, unfortunately. But I am telling you that the kids we have on our team now (Gallo, Chandler, Douglas and Walker) are all the real deal and are all players that can contribute RIGHT NOW.

Are they sure-fire all-stars? No. Gallo has a chance to become one if he reaches his potential but these guys are all under 23 and can be very good contributors now and in the future. They play the game the right way and they complement LBJ and Bosh very well. All can shoot, finish and play D at a high level. Chandler is more of a midrange shooter and the other 3 have range that extends out to the 3 pt line.

And I firmly believe if we could land LBJ/Bosh and get a big defensive big (maybe deal Curry's expiring for one) then we could win the East next year.

GoNY
06-02-2010, 07:16 PM
While I agree, you cannot have guys like Tony Douglas (not a knock on him) start for your team. Chandler and Gallinari are decent, but they'd still need a few more good pieces before they can really be considered a true contender.

Derek Fisher is starting for the Lakers right now. I like Fish and I always have, but he's a shell of his former self and terrible now.

Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee started for the Magic when they made the finals.

Douglas is better than all of them right now. Lee is debatable but definitely Alston and Fish.

You don't need a an all-star at every position to contend. Could another piece hurt? Of course not and we do have Curry's expiring to bring in another talent at the deadline. And don't tell me no one will trade for Curry, because expiring deals net you very good assets nowadays. Especially with the uncertainty of what a new CBA will bring so teams will want to shed their longer contracts if they are not contending.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 07:20 PM
And that's what's wrong with so much of the ignorant crap that flies out of some people's mouths when it comes to the Knicks. Not saying you said anything bad at all, just using your quote.

We haven't been on national TV and people only see us when we play their team. That's not a big enough sample size to judge. Some people have league pass so they can probably catch a few games here and there and form a slightly better opinion. In my dealings with other Knicks fans, they are honest about their teams and talent. Do some tend to allow their homerism to cloud their judgement somewhat? Yeah, but which fanbase doesn't do that? For the most part we know when someone on our squad is crap. We have seen enough of it the past decade to be experts, unfortunately. But I am telling you that the kids we have on our team now (Gallo, Chandler, Douglas and Walker) are all the real deal and are all players that can contribute RIGHT NOW.

Are they sure-fire all-stars? No. Gallo has a chance to become one if he reaches his potential but these guys are all under 23 and can be very good contributors now and in the future. They play the game the right way and they complement LBJ and Bosh very well. All can shoot, finish and play D at a high level. Chandler is more of a midrange shooter and the other 3 have range that extends out to the 3 pt line.

And I firmly believe if we could land LBJ/Bosh and get a big defensive big (maybe deal Curry's expiring for one) then we could win the East next year.

Understandable. With all that being said, the Knicks were still 29-53. Adding Bosh/James - Lee would improve the Knicks a lot and they'd have one of the top records in the east.

As I said eariler, they still don't match up well against Orlando, Boston and LA. Those three teams are still way too big for James/Bosh Knicks team.

lavilevi23
06-02-2010, 07:21 PM

hellll nooo

lebron and bosh...
'

no center pg or sg??

LeBron better be smart and come to Miami.

NYKnicksNYJets
06-02-2010, 07:34 PM
the knicks are not that bad.. toney douglas, danilo galinari, and wilson chandler are all good!! all they are really desperate for is a true center.

97NYer
06-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Gallinari is going nowhere, I can guarantee you that much. If we were to sign LeBron and Bosh, Douglas would be our PG, Gallinari would be our 3, and Chandler/Curry hopefully would be traded for a C.

Douglas
LeBron
Gallo
Bosh
Okafor

Walker off the bench + the MLE, Bi-Annual and Vet mins

jeter 2
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Understandable. With all that being said, the Knicks were still 29-53. Adding Bosh/James - Lee would improve the Knicks a lot and they'd have one of the top records in the east.

As I said eariler, they still don't match up well against Orlando, Boston and LA. Those three teams are still way too big for James/Bosh Knicks team.

I think the Bulls would have the same problem then too. I doubt Gibson and Noah could up go up against Orlando, LA, and Boston. But we do have Eddy Curry's expiring option. We can get a guy like Okafor or Biedrens or maybe sign Shaq at the veterans minimum. Like I said before, the Knicks could have a substantial amount of cap space the following year. We could fill any weakness that we may have the following year.

Sly Guy
06-02-2010, 08:00 PM

this. A defensive center and an outside sharpshooter would be necessary.

Bruno
06-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I think the Bulls would have the same problem then too. I doubt Gibson and Noah could up go up against Orlando, LA, and Boston. But we do have Eddy Curry's expiring option. We can get a guy like Okafor or Biedrens or maybe sign Shaq at the veterans minimum. Like I said before, the Knicks could have a substantial amount of cap space the following year. We could fill any weakness that we may have the following year.

Noah/Miller is a much better big combination than anything NY has, assuming Lee is out of the picture. They also have Derek Rose, NY has no PG.

The biggest problem with NY's FA plans is that they are hoping the whole "hey, we're gona have cap space in 2011 too" thing is going to lure one of the big guns. Not that being able to add Melo in '11 isn't enticing- its just that James/Wade want to win NOW.

I don't think NY lands James or Wade. I think they might be able to lure Bosh, promising to throw $$$ at Melo in 11.

nycericanguy
06-02-2010, 08:12 PM
this. A defensive center and an outside sharpshooter would be necessary.

Gallo is one of the best shooters in the league, I think we will take Emeka Okafor;s huge contract from NO and give them Curry's expiring. our lineup would be

Douglas
Lebron
Gallo
Bosh
Okafor

I don't know but to me thats a team that can contend with anybody.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 08:13 PM

And youd be wrong.

Actually, when the Bulls played the Lakers they split where rebounding was concerned. They also usually outrebounded the Celtics. Id have to look up the Magic, but they played the Magic twice when Noah was injured. The Bulls led the league in rebounding and held their own against contending teams where rebounding is concerned. In the Cavs series, the Bulls outrebounded Cleveland in 3 of the 5 games. On paper, the Cavs look like they should win that because they have Varejao, Shaq, Ilgauskas, and Jamison. Meanwhile the Bulls had Noah, Brad Miller, and a rookie.

What the Bulls needed was more scoring from their 2 and 3. When Hinrich scored 17 points the Bulls were 12-0. Hinrichs ppg was 10. Dengs was around 18.5. When the Bulls 2 and 3s combined for over 35 points their record was also stellar (in other words, whether that 7 points came from Hinrich or Deng). The scoring from the 2 and 3 wasnt consistent though. LeBron gets 28.5 by himself.

kj_
06-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Bosh is much better in the half court...Not sure the small ball shoot it in 7 works for him. He needs to hold the ball on iso plays or play the pick and pop game to be effective. That seems to be the same for LeBron too. They are second round exit with Dantoni coaching. They would need a new system and some rock solid role players to content. They need to turn Curry's expiring into something good and spend the MLE well for the next 2 or 3 years to contend

Showmeyourtds
06-02-2010, 08:18 PM
I would have to say contender based on if they can keep david lee and gallinari keeps improving.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I would have to say contender based on if they can keep david lee and gallinari keeps improving.

How would they keep David Lee?

Mavrix
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Would David Lee still be in a Knicks uniform? If so that's one crazy front line.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Would David Lee still be in a Knicks uniform? If so that's one crazy front line.

2 max contracts would put their payroll (as their roster is contstituted now + the two FAs like Bosh and James) at a little over 50 million. The projected salary cap is around 56 or 57 million.

knickerbockerny
06-02-2010, 08:31 PM
How would they keep David Lee?

Crazier things have happened before!!! Not saying that he would be willing to take a pay cut, but Artest took considerably less money to be a Laker.

Everyone just needs to sit tight and wait this month out, because once July comes, its going to get interesting.

Spencesc11
06-02-2010, 08:31 PM
It would be solid if you can fill in some holes. Gallinari at the 4 is nice since he will help stretch the floor. A Solid shooting guard who can play some D (Raja Bell) and maybe a blockbuster trade (Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry) to Washington for (Gilbert Arenas)

Can you imagine a big 3 of Arenas, James, and Bosh???

Starting 5 of Arenas, R. Bell, James, Gallinari, and Bosh

Would be very interesting and probably top 2 in the East with Orlando maybe challenging.

Personally I think the James/Wade combo would be more devastating since it would be like Pippen/Jordan all over again.

D1JM
06-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Gallinari is going nowhere, I can guarantee you that much. If we were to sign LeBron and Bosh, Douglas would be our PG, Gallinari would be our 3, and Chandler/Curry hopefully would be traded for a C.

Douglas
LeBron
Gallo
Bosh
Okafor

Walker off the bench + the MLE, Bi-Annual and Vet mins

how in the world did NY knicks get the MLE?

nycericanguy
06-02-2010, 08:45 PM
how in the world did NY knicks get the MLE?

lol we don't, but thats still my ideal lineup if we can trade for Okafor, you know NO would love to unload that contract for an expiring =)

Becks2307
06-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Wait, there are still threads talking about we have no good players and claiming that we play seven seconds or less? The ignorance towards the New York Knicks in the NBA forum is absolutely baffling. It doesnt make sense to me, since we are sooo crappy and have NO good players, not to mention NO chance of landing Lebron according to you guys, why do you talk about us?

tr4shb0t
06-02-2010, 09:32 PM
The way the league promotes Lebron they would have the best record in the NBA. They would fall short of a championship come playoffs though IMO.

prodigy
06-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Lebron and Bosh on the cavs = Championships!!!

Bosh
turk

for

Jamison
Gibson
Hickson
cash(lots)
Moon

Green and future picks can be thrown in if needed.

Shaq
Bosh
Turk
Lebron
Williams

Bench: Parker, Powe, Z, West, Telfair, AV.

If cavs get Bosh, Shaq will most likely return for very cheap.

Da Knicks
06-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Hmmm we have talked about this a bunch on our forum Washington wants to get rid of Gilberts contract what if they end up trading Gilbert and Mcgee, draft picks for expiring Curry and Chandler?

pg. James
sg. Arenas
sf. Gallinari
pf. Bosh
c. Mcgee

This team would be able to run and get back on defense with any player defending the other teams players without getting abused. This is just an idea of what can happen there is too many scenarios that could make the knicks a very scary team...

Tony_Starks
06-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Still not good enough to beat the Celtics or Orlando. They'd be a nice 2nd round and out team.

Just those two aren't good enough for a championship and they would basically have no bench.

greg_ory_2005
06-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Lebron and Bosh on the cavs = Championships!!!

Bosh
turk

for

Jamison
Gibson
Hickson
cash(lots)
Moon

Green and future picks can be thrown in if needed.

Shaq
Bosh
Turk
Lebron
Williams

Bench: Parker, Powe, Z, West, Telfair, AV.

If cavs get Bosh, Shaq will most likely return for very cheap.

The Raps can get more than that for Bosh and Turk.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Hmmm we have talked about this a bunch on our forum Washington wants to get rid of Gilberts contract what if they end up trading Gilbert and Mcgee, draft picks for expiring Curry and Chandler?

pg. James
sg. Arenas
sf. Gallinari
pf. Bosh
c. Mcgee

This team would be able to run and get back on defense with any player defending the other teams players without getting abused. This is just an idea of what can happen there is too many scenarios that could make the knicks a very scary team...

That would be 4 players making 53 million dollars.

Dieselpi
06-02-2010, 09:49 PM
the ignorance is astounding, sure some knick fans are delusional and overvalue the talent on the team... to say that the team has no one is just plain stupid

Dieselpi
06-02-2010, 09:49 PM
The Raps can get more than that for Bosh and Turk.

and would bosh even want turk on the same team as him after this year?

thedfactor
06-02-2010, 10:21 PM
I think along with them they'd have enough to surely be contenders. I'm not sold they would win it, but with LBJ you're always gonna like your chances.

nycericanguy
06-02-2010, 10:25 PM
That would be 4 players making 53 million dollars.

who cares, i'm pretty sure NY doesnt care about paying the luxury tax, cap won't be an issue after this year.

bkmikeyy
06-02-2010, 10:27 PM
and the hate continues.
Yes they would become a top 3-4 team in the league.
People love to put Knicks players down but Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, Walker are all very solid role players.
Eddy Curry expiring contract can be used to take on bad contracts. They can easily get back two solid rotation players for Curry. Possibly Chandler and Curry for the ATROCIOUS contract of Okafor and Collison.
They will buy a first rounder this year.
And then add a few big men that can come off the bench for veterans minimum (Barron and Kurt Thomas for example)
Maybe Tmac decides to tag along as well for veterans minimum and contribute as well.
THAT RIGHT THERE IS A 12 MAN ROTATION
possible example: (very doable if Lebron and Bosh signs)

Collison/Douglas
Walker/Tmac
Lebron/Gallo
Bosh/Gallo
Okafor/Barron/Thomas

plus a purchased pick somewhere from 23rd-30th

That right there is a championship contender.

This roster will be completely changed up. People don't get the Knicks essentially have 4 players under contract past 2011 and they are all young and talented and take up a whopping 8 million in cap space.
Chicago cannot get BOTH Bosh and Lebron without giving up most of its core so I dont see how they are in a better position. If they ever trade for Bosh they will be thinner than the Knicks.

SNYmets86
06-02-2010, 10:28 PM
what gets 2 me is how people easily say we have no supporting cast ... but yet who in the hell was mo-williams when he was in the bucks ...and now that he's playing with lebron his name pops up ...

sventhedog
06-02-2010, 10:29 PM
a playoff team since it's the east. although you still have to worry about lebron wanting to win championships instead of trying to suck all the attention from new yorkers.

fin_frenzy_84
06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
The Knicks would make it to the playoffs but not a contendor... They dont have a good core now... If you think Gallo is a good core then your a homer. Sorry. Gallo is solid but not enough for a good core. 2 players cant do it alone. No PG,SG,C

KnicksorBust
06-02-2010, 10:35 PM
To my fellow Knicks fans chill out. No one is bashing us. It's a legit question. We barely have a starting lineup coming back from last season and have no proven PG or Center. There's no "Gallinari sucks" posts or anything. People are being objective here. We won 29 games. Not every team can make a Celtic like turnaround in one season. I think that Douglas will emerge as a solid PG and that we can sign cheap vets to fill out our bench. I mean the Celtics were able to nab Sam Cassell, James Posey, and PJ Brown for their title run. Hell they almost got Reggie Miller to come back. If we can also find a backup PG, defensive wing, and banger/rebounder then we'll be just fine. We grabbed Earl Barron from obscurity and he had some solid games.

Now I don't expect a title in one season but if we lock up some vets to cheap 2-3 year deals, maybe get very lucky with one of our 2nd round picks and find a quality player (hey they say the draft is deep this year...) and then use our MLE exception next year to get that missing piece... imo we would be talking title contender in 2 seasons.

bkmikeyy
06-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Its not hard to add a few solid bench players for the veterans min when you have Lebron and Bosh on your team. Gallo is the IDEAL number 3 for those two. Douglas can easily start at PG because he can hit shots and play solid D (something Mo proved he couldn't do), his main knock is he isn't a good facilitator but Lebron would handle most of that (Mo is not a real PG either). Chandler and Walker would also thrive with those two (they are better than Moon and Parker).
Check all the lower class free agents in 2010 and tell me the Knicks can't EASILY sign 2-3 solid contributors for the veterans minimum to be the 8,9,10 players on the roster.
To get a big there are plenty available with the Curry trade; Okafor, Biedrins, Brand etc.

Slimsim
06-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Also LBJ asked curry to work out with him this summer if that happen Curry can probably contribute and be the big body that we need in the playoffs.

ldc62
06-02-2010, 10:57 PM

hellll nooo

lebron and bosh...
'

no center pg or sg??

Lebron isn't smart...

Da Knicks
06-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I know no one is bashing us but come on guys some of yaw even admit that yaw dont watch the knicks so how can you make suggestions when you dont know what we have?

Da Knicks
06-02-2010, 11:02 PM
You know that people who hate make a player that much more popular, better right? Either you love em or hate em at the end you watch him to lose or to win keep up the good work. Im sure skip bayless would love the help if this is not skip himself, heck he probably gets paid to bash on lebron ever think of that?

valade16
06-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I know no one is bashing us but come on guys some of yaw even admit that yaw dont watch the knicks so how can you make suggestions when you dont know what we have?

Because your "amazing" core with LeBron won 29 games last year...

Seriously, in terms of "core" talent in the league, the Knicks are in the bottom half and closer to the bottom of that than the top...

THE MTL
06-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Knicks would be title contender within a year. First needing to trade Curry's expiring contract. Sign a couple vets. Also use the LLE and MLE the following summer. And draft pick to deepen roster. But Knicks can QUICKLY build a championship contender...just ask the Celtics.

Cubsfan365
06-02-2010, 11:31 PM
If the Knicks get LeBron and Bosh, they would be a contender, but they would probably kick themselves even more for not taking Stephen Curry or Brandon Jennings over Jordan Hill. Jennings/LeBron/Bosh or Curry/LeBron/Bosh would be a nasty core.

THE MTL
06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
If the Knicks get LeBron and Bosh, they would be a contender, but they would probably kick themselves even more for not taking Stephen Curry or Brandon Jennings over Jordan Hill. Jennings/LeBron/Bosh or Curry/LeBron/Bosh would be a nasty core.

Ur abs right. Stephen Curry and Danilo Gallinari on the perimeter being flat out assassins from the three point line would open the HELL out of the floor.

dodie53
06-02-2010, 11:40 PM
they would dominate the east imo.

Cubsfan365
06-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Ur abs right. Stephen Curry and Danilo Gallinari on the perimeter being flat out assassins from the three point line would open the HELL out of the floor.
Instead they got nothing from the pick, well, they got McGrady for half a season.

PC
06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Instead they got nothing from the pick, well, they got McGrady for half a season.

Yeah, that's why we traded Hill, to get T-Mac and not for the cap space to get 2 max guys...

Da Knicks
06-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Not yet that trade for Mcgrady got us enough money to sign two max free agents so it could actually be a blessing.

Cubsfan365
06-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Yeah, that's why we traded Hill, to get T-Mac and not for the cap space to get 2 max guys...
Just saying, they wasted the pick.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-02-2010, 11:51 PM
And we had no shot to get Steph Curry.. The knicks were not gonna trade a promising player in Chandler for the #5 pick. And most people didnt know about Brandon Jennings and we are happy with Douglass if he is surrounded by the right players....

Cubsfan365
06-02-2010, 11:55 PM
And we had no shot to get Steph Curry.. The knicks were not gonna trade a promising player in Chandler for the #5 pick. And most people didnt know about Brandon Jennings and we are happy with Douglass if he is surrounded by the right players....
Plenty of people knew about Brandon Jennings, that's a weak excuse. That is what scouts are paid to do, to evaluate players and make these critical decisions.

3RDASYSTEM
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Dont yall understand if the KNICKS can somehow land BOSH/JAMES that they will go back to big spending but on more quality players to fit the strength of MIKE/BOSH/JAMES and the system they run is crazy...he will have LEBRON pushin the ball in that hectic OFF system but it would be deadly....JULY 1st cant come fast enough for most...smart money is on CLE/CHI because he's a Midwest guy regardless so why not go to the ''NY'' of the Midwest....ChiTown,and he'll get that kicker money in his endorsement deals because CHI is big time market....NY is only bigger because of perception, but both cities are rich in history,good and bad.... he's in a win-win and plus he can convince a All Star to join him wherever he goes or join any already in place....bash me if you want but my darkhorse is Clips/Nets just cuz of young talent in place and that owner is willing to have Vodka with Phil during summer and blow him away with a offer most likely....and that other crazy spending billionaire in TX....he's always in the hunt for any player whos a free agent

SugeKnight
06-02-2010, 11:57 PM
just lebron means contender. add bosh and your a favorite

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Plenty of people knew about Brandon Jennings, that's a weak excuse. That is what scouts are paid to do, to evaluate players and make these critical decisions.

Problem was the leftover scouts from the Isiah era were scared to urge Donnie Walsh to take a stronger look at him in fear of it not working out and losing their job. Its hindsight buddy. Lots of teams would look back and do things different after the fact. It is what it is and Jordan Hill helped us net enough room for a possible second max free agent. We would prob still be stuck with Jeffries if everything did not play out the way it did. Tell me your team and Ill name several draft mess ups in recent history. It happens to almost every team. The draft is a hit or miss.

Slimsim
06-03-2010, 12:03 AM

7 other teams before the Knicks passed on him as well. I wanted Jennings but if we had Jennings we wouldn't been able to get both LBJ and bosh and i doubt Jennings Gallo and chandler would be enough to get LBJ to come by himself.

SluggeR
06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
No matter how you put it, we blew our chances at drafting a legit PG of the future this year. I still hope we can do a sign-n-trade using D-Lee to get T. Parker and Curry's expiring to get a defesive center or just get one in the draft.

Draft/Trade
Bosh
Galli =Lets get it
Bron
T.Parker

SluggeR
06-03-2010, 12:07 AM
7 other teams before the Knicks passed on him as well. I wanted Jennings but if we had Jennings we wouldn't been able to get both LBJ and bosh and i doubt Jennings Gallo and chandler would be enough to get LBJ to come by himself.

That's not true at all. All we needed to do was get rid of Jeffries; the rockets just pimped us out of Hill

Cubsfan365
06-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Problem was the leftover scouts from the Isiah era were scared to urge Donnie Walsh to take a stronger look at him in fear of it not working out and losing their job. Its hindsight buddy. Lots of teams would look back and do things different after the fact. It is what it is and Jordan Hill helped us net enough room for a possible second max free agent. We would prob still be stuck with Jeffries if everything did not play out the way it did. Tell me your team and Ill name several draft mess ups in recent history. It happens to almost every team. The draft is a hit or miss.
Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. But you can't exactly bank on the fact that you will get a second top-tier free agent. And my team, the Bulls, have made pretty good picks lately besides the whole Eddy Curry/Tyson Chandler debacle. Tyrus Thomas is probably a bust as well.

Cubsfan365
06-03-2010, 12:09 AM
That's not true at all. All we needed to do was get rid of Jeffries; the rockets just pimped us out of Hill
Exactly. You guys could have kept Jennings or whoever and freed up the room necessary for a 2nd max contract.

colinskik
06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
You also have to remember that some of the guys who WON'T be playing in a Knicks uniform this year will automatically make the team better. Especially if that guy is a scrub like Al Harrington, and that scrub is replaced by LBJ.

Draco
06-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Now I don't expect a title in one season but if we lock up some vets to cheap 2-3 year deals, maybe get very lucky with one of our 2nd round picks and find a quality player (hey they say the draft is deep this year...) and then use our MLE exception next year to get that missing piece... imo we would be talking title contender in 2 seasons.

And of course the primary issue of locking up Bron and Bosh to max deals in the first place.. both 5 year deals? Or convincing one of the teams to take Lee and convincing the either Bron or Bosh that making less money than the other is ok.

Since we're dealing in pure fantasy then yeah.. they'll be contenders.. multiple championships, why not.

Slimsim
06-03-2010, 12:14 AM

Yeah but if we had Jennings Walsh wouldn't have traded him just to unload Jeffries contract and i don't think Houston would take Jeffries and 2 first rounders. No other team wanted Jeffries and only reason why rockets traded us is because they wanted something in return for T-mac.

69centers
06-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Bosh + Lebron + Duhon = 3Peat for sure!!!

Slimsim
06-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Bosh + Lebron + Duhon = 3Peat for sure!!!

Duhon is no longer a Knick. See this is the point most Knicks fans are tying to make if you don't know anything about the Knicks and their roster go do some research. If you don't care to know then don't waste your time posting into Knicks related threads.

MSG34
06-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I love threads regarding the knicks in the NBA forum. So insightful and accurate :laugh:.

69centers
06-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Duhon is no longer a Knick. See this is the point most Knicks fans are tying to make if you don't know anything about the Knicks and their roster go do some research. If you don't care to know then don't waste your time posting into Knicks related threads.

Sorry Mr. Duhon is technically a free agent so he's not a Knick anymore and I've had enough Knicks jokes over the years and enough Duhon jokes to never allow me to show my face in public ever again. Sorry, Duhon was a Knick and may his connection to them remain the butt of jokes for years to come. No free agent signing with another team can change that.

Swift n Sil3nt
06-03-2010, 12:59 AM
I think peoples' hatred towards the New York Knicks is really clouding some peoples vision. The New York Knicks would be better than the number 1 overall seed Cleveland Cavaliers if they land Lebron James and Chris Bosh. They would have the best player in the game coupled with a very good down low presence. Defensively they would not be as good as the Bulls if the Bulls landed James, but offensively I believe they would be much better as I dont think Noah is an offensive threat.

The Cavaliers shot the ball very well from behind the arc, but they did that because they had such open looks. Toney Douglas and Danillo Gallinari shot the three very well without having a star player draw all the attention. They also play good defense, especially Douglas who is capable of shutting down any point guard, or at least limiting him. Wilson Chandler is also a great slasher who shows flashes of brilliance when he attacks the rim, a great bench player in my opinion in this system. He is another good defender. The team would be very balanced, except we dont have a true center.

Thats where i get to my next point: Whether people want to accept it or not, the Knicks have one of the most valuable trading chips in center Eddy Curry. He is an 11 million expiring and he could net someone like Emeka Okafor, the exact presence they would need down low. Or they could keep Curry and play him at center and wait for the contract to expire where they would be in position to make a play for Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul or extra bench pieces. That is extremely valuable.

My last point: The 2010 New York Knicks and Beyond would be very similar to the Boston Celtics of 2 years ago. When you have star players you have the ability to sign guys that want one more shot to win a championship. The Celtics signed some very good players for minimal contracts because they wanted to win. With 2 million left to spend after netting James and Bosh, I believe the Knicks would be able to load their bench with great talent at a minimal cost.

I would expect a lineup like:
PG: Toney Douglas
SG: Lebron James
SF: Danillo Gallinari
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Eddy Curry

Bench:
PG: Greivis Vazquez (2nd Round Draft Pick)
SG: Bill Walker
SF: Tracy McGrady/Wilson Chandler
PF: Jarvis Varnardo (2nd Round Pick)
C: Earl Barron

bkmikeyy
06-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Yeah, hindsight is 20/20. But you can't exactly bank on the fact that you will get a second top-tier free agent. And my team, the Bulls, have made pretty good picks lately besides the whole Eddy Curry/Tyson Chandler debacle. Tyrus Thomas is probably a bust as well.

REALLY?!?
the Bulls have had like 5 top 5 picks this decade and only Rose is an All Star and it was a no brainer to draft him.

abe_froman
06-03-2010, 02:45 AM
I love threads regarding the knicks in the NBA forum. So insightful and accurate :laugh:.

not entirely.i get the defensiveness that fans feel for their teams and what to hype them up(as if the one's your trying to convince would actually be reading this or something lol)

but not every criticism is "being a hater",ect.

they have some decent players and lebron and bosh on the same team just seems bad to bet against because of who they are...but i wonder if it's enough,there'd still be some glaring weaknesses to deal with...and yeah sure you could make a trade of sending only the guys you dont want on the team out and get decent players in return,and yeah sure you could find a guy in the 2nd round that amounts to something.but both are very,very longshots in themselves of happening(have happened? sure.but 99% of the time it doesnt for either).

so it is something thats up for debate and question.i think they'd be a strong team in the east for sure, but not enough to power past c's,magic

and it's something that ny fans should probably think about and start questioning themselves

boriquaabe
06-03-2010, 03:15 AM

Yeah... I mean that Marcus Fizer pick was outstanding. Wasn't there a Lamarcus Aldridge "Debacle" also?

boriquaabe
06-03-2010, 03:20 AM
This judging of the New York Knick roster is very premature.

Walsh has so much maneuverability he can do a lot of different things.

This room on the roster was to be one of the selling points for LBJ that he could pick and choose his teammates. The old head veterans looking for a ring to finish off there careers would be lining up in Walsh's office. If we go bare bones we would only need 3 vet minimum players to fill out the roster not including if Walsh decides to purchase more draft picks.

The Bulls... Not so much.

The only way I see Lebron going to Chicago is if the Bulls hand is forced by Lebron or Toronto to execute a S&T with Noah going to the Raps. The Raps have made it known they want a Center and It would stroke Lebron's ego to ship the one guy out that has made it a point to disrespect him in Noah.

Now this could happen and if I was Chicago and this was the stipulation on getting a Lebosh tandem to Chicago I would do it in a heartbeat.

Wisdom Listens
06-03-2010, 03:58 AM
They would be good, but it ain't gonna happen.

J-Relo
06-03-2010, 05:07 AM
The Bulls won titles in large part because of Jordan and Pippen but that wasn't it. That had the perfect role players around them. Guys like Kerr, Rodman, Harper, Cartright, and Armstrong. When one left or before one showed up they had a role player in that position.

The Knicks would be middle of the pack because the Knicks don't have the guys around them and without a draft pick this year it really hurts them. The Knicks would be the 4th or 5th best team in the east without the supporting cast. A championship caliber team with it though.

agree^

RipVW
06-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah... I mean that Marcus Fizer pick was outstanding. Wasn't there a Lamarcus Aldridge "Debacle" also?

How long ago was that Marcus Fizer pick? That was also under a different regime. And also, he didnt say they hit home runs on all of their picks.

When you look at 2003, they tried to move up for Wade but werent able to do it. They ended up taking Hinrich. When you look at who went after that, Hinrich was hardly a bad pick.

Gordon was a good player.

When they had the first pick, they had a choice between Rose and Beasley and they had just committed money to Hinrich and a PF was probably the bigger need. There were reasons you could see them taking Beasly. But they took Rose.

Also, they took Noah the year before. There was a lot of criticism behind this pick. Noah might be the most popular player on the team now. Maybe not more popular than Rose but he's there. People love him.

They took Taj Gibson in he 20s. He was the only non guard on the all rookie team.

nycericanguy
06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Lebron James ALONE took a team of role players and lead them to the finals a few years back and has them on the top of the regular season standings every year.

Pair him with Bosh and you have a contender, a top 3 seed. They would only need a center and a couple of end of the bench guys. With Eddy Curry and possibly Wilson Chandler as trade bait and being able to take back long contracts, its impossible to imagine NY couldn't get a good serviceable starting center.

Tony Douglas is the perfect PG to play with Lebron, he can shoot the 3 & defend.

Gallo is the perfect compliment to Lebron AND Bosh. Try doubling either of those guys with Gallo & TD on the perimeter.

They would easily be championship contenders, if not the first season, definitely by the 2nd season, as Boston would be older and NY would have the ability to sign another FA the following summer along with their 1st round pick back.

They would also have a very, very young team, a team that could stay together for 6-10 years as NY has no problem paying the luxury tax. A team that could compete for multiple titles, as Lebron wants.

If theres one thing you can gather from the Larry King interview its that Lebron would like to pair up with a 2nd star FA, and the only team that can offer that is the NY Knicks, unless Lebron wanted to join Wade in MIA.

yankeeswin27
06-03-2010, 11:57 AM
exactly. out of all the teams that are looking 2 sign a big time FA i think the knicks have the least amount of talent. even with 2 big FA i dont think they go 2 far in the playoffs.

lol..yea they have the least amount of talent out of all the teams EXCEPT for the worst team in the nba ...ur nets

JayAllDay
06-03-2010, 12:30 PM

hellll nooo

lebron and bosh...
'

no center pg or sg??

Anthony Parker is the greatest SG ever. I mean nobody can top him.
Oh man Mo Williams? That guy is awesome.
Anderson Varejao? Greatest big man ever. I mean he totally deserved that contract.

Oh yeah those guys ruined your **** in the playoffs. Lebron better be smart and stay in Cleveland then.

CowboysKB24
06-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Contenders, but I don't think they win their first year together. Bosh and LBJ is great starting point, but when you look at LA or Boston their rosters are better overall.

effen5
06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
REALLY?!?
the Bulls have had like 5 top 5 picks this decade and only Rose is an All Star and it was a no brainer to draft him.

And majority of those picks helped the bulls get into the playoffs last 4 out of 5 years?

Hows your picks going? Oh wait, majority of our picks were actually YOUR picks. Thanks.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
It's a shame no one seems to realize how many wins Lebron alone is worth. Instead everyone just wants to trash the knicks. Kind of pathetic if you think about it. And a BULLS fan created this thread, not a Knicks fan. And there still seems to be some idiots out there who don't realize that other than possibly Miami, the Knicks are the ONLY team who can sign 2 Max FAs.

Now Lebron and Bosh coming to the Knicks may not be likely but if they did come, you can bet that team would be top 3 in the east and a contender. Maybe not to win it all, since they wouldn't have the role players but a starting 5 of

Toney Douglas
Wilson Chandler
Lebron
Gallinari
Bosh

is actually not that bad. They could at least make it to the ECF with that lineup. Hell, Lebron made it to the Finals in 2007 with no one, I repeat, no one around him. So the Knicks would be contenders simply because of Lebron, and when you add Bosh, yeah thats def a contender.

People really need to get a clue instead of just bashing the Knicks. This is hypothetical, no one is saying the Knicks are a 100% lock to get either of these guys.

And in addition, Eddy Curry's expiring could be used for trade bait to find a PG. Maybe a package of Chandler or Gallinari, a couple 1st round picks and Eddy Curry for CP3 who is going to be traded at some point because New Orleans can't afford him. And maybe Okafor gets thrown in for more cap relief for NO. Sure, this is unlikely but NO is looking to shed salary at any cost which means dumping CP3, West and Okafor.

nycsports2
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
3 peat at least .... dont forget curry comes off the book thats another max free agent for next yr.... melo or cp plz!!!

Evolution23
06-03-2010, 12:53 PM
easily contenders if not a ring in the 1st or second year

Da Knicks
06-03-2010, 01:42 PM
How about this lets talk in June...

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-03-2010, 03:30 PM
With just Bosh and Lebron, they become a top 4 team in the East(replacing Atlanta and probably battling the Heat for the 4th spot). Then from there we have a lot of options people don't realize/care to realize. We have two 2nd round picks in a deep draft that can net us some solid back of the rotation players. Donnie Walsh will likely buy a late first round pick to secure a big man. Then from there, we have the expiring contract of Eddy Curry plus Chandler/Walker/draft picks to bring in a solid 3rd option.

ElToro
06-03-2010, 03:36 PM
They would be the next Cleveland Cavaliers. A bunch of pretenders.

Wisdom Listens
06-03-2010, 04:14 PM
They would be the next Cleveland Cavaliers. A bunch of pretenders.

The Cavs didn't have Bosh.

bringinwood
06-03-2010, 04:30 PM
LeBron and Bosh would be a pretty interesting duo...

However, without the other pieces to go with it, they are going to be running a system that focuses too much on those two...

I think it's comparable to Durant and Westbrook...

If you look at the top echelon of teams in the NBA, they have two superstars and a bunch of really solid veterans that round out the team...

LeBron lacked that second superstar in Cleveland...

NYK4Life
06-03-2010, 10:57 PM
So I haven’t posted on PSD in over a year (Due to lack of time) but I have been following the forums and this thread with people saying Knicks would be 4th or 5th in east, made me log back in.

Knicks Line-up if Sign LBJ, Bosh and use Vet min
PG: Toney Douglas (Doesn’t need to be playmaker, Defense, Hits open shot.)
SG: Wilson Chandler (Hustle, Defense, Slasher)
SF: Gallinari (Floor strecher, Shown defensive ability.)
PF: LeBron (Point forward, Playmaker, Hes more Magic than Jordan)
C: Bosh (Obv a great player, better defense than David Lee aha.)

Bench:
Bill Walker (Showed he can play quality minutes)
Kurt Thomas-type player (Adds size, leadership, defense.)
Eddy Curry (Trade bait, for a Center or another PG, in that case Chandler or Douglas can become 6th man depending on what you get and what you have to give up)
2nd Round Pick
2nd Round Pick

So how do they stack up in the East with the top teams being.
Orlando
Boston
Chicago (say they get Boozer)
Miami (say they keep Wade and get Amar’e)
Alanta (say they keep JJ)

Orlando:

Nelson vs. Douglas
Carter vs. Chandler
Barnes vs. Gallo
Lewis vs. Lebron
Dwight vs. Bosh

Bench:
Pietus/Reddick/Gortat vs. Walker/Thomas

No center can stack up with Dwight in the league, only one that will come close is Andrew Bynum, so Orlando does have a distinct advantage in that, But who what team will win more Regular season games, and who will want it more in the Playoffs?

Boston:

Rondo vs. Douglas
Allen vs. Chandler
Pierce vs. Gallo
Garnett vs. Lebron
Perkins vs. Bosh

Bench:
Toney Allen/Rasheed vs. Walker, Kurt Thomas

Obv there will be cross matchups and mismatches but it all depends on where the Celtics are defensively and what level Lebron, Bosh and Gallo are playing at, during course of a season, I believe Knicks would win more games, in Playoffs depending on Celtic health it could be a grueling series. Rivalry renewed.

Chicago:

Rose vs. Douglas
Hinrich? vs. Chandler
Deng vs. Gallo
Boozer vs. Lebron
Noah vs. Bosh

Bench:
Gibson/ vs. Walker/Kurt Thomas

Playmakers in Lebron and Rose. Chandler, Bron and Bosh can take time guarding Boozer with Kurt Thomas-type coming off bench defensively for more size… Rivalry renewed, X-Factors in Gallo vs. Deng and Chandler vs. Hinrich or whoever there 2 will be.

Miami:

Chalmers/Arroyo? vs. Douglas
Wade vs. Chandler
Beasley vs. Gallo
Amar’e vs. Lebron
Doubt they bring back O‘neal??? vs. Bosh

Bench:
Haslem/??? vs. Walker/Kurt Thomas.

Miami will be better, but how much, they’re hurting at PG and Center as well, bench looks worse than Knicks. Who’s better Gallo or Beasley, I take Gallo, Beasley was reportedly offered for Dooling…. DOOLING…. Ahaha. Rivalry definitely renewed though, Wade and Amar’e vs. LeBron and Bosh would be amazing to watch.

I don’t feel like doing Alanta but I don’t see how against these teams how the Knicks wouldn’t be at least top 3 in the East with the line-up they would have.

Team*Chicago
06-04-2010, 01:46 PM
They would be a championship contender but not a championship team.

uprightciti
06-04-2010, 01:48 PM
wow...i think that no matter what happens this summer you will see the emergance of
Danilo Galinari, Toney Douglas, and Billy Walker

Gallo: 22ppg 6rpg 3apg
Walker: 18ppg 10rpg 2apg
Douglas: 15ppg 5rpg 7apg

why does everyone doubt there talent...

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Let them see it next year we lost a lot of games because of lack of size next year is going to be wild!

Saltinuts40
06-04-2010, 02:22 PM
The three supporting players aren't there yet. Gallinardi is ok, but they still need a point, they still need someone to defend Kobe/Pierce/Carter etc...

Title teams need an Artest type of defender.

Title teams also need a relentless rebounder like David Lee, and he won't come back if they bring in LeBron and Bosh.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-04-2010, 03:13 PM
wow...i think that no matter what happens this summer you will see the emergance of

:laugh:

Oh my god, if those guys are going to be that good, why do you even need LBJ or Bosh?

mjqusoldier
06-04-2010, 03:34 PM
They'd also need a physical Perkins style Center, and a PG who could hit some 3's and play a little D.that pg you speak of is toney douglas my friend. Great annoying defense and shoots the 3 well and can score at will. He also has ice water in his veins as he showed towards the end of last year when he took over a few games

FarOutIos
06-04-2010, 04:08 PM
The key part of the question is 1-3 years. I'm not a knicks fan, but I agree that the young players they have are as good as if not better potentially than those of the Cavs. Bosh is by far better than the second best player currently on the Cavs roster. Chandler, Walker, Gallinari, Douglas and Sergio are a good group of young players.

The biggest need would be for 2 more big men other than Bosh. You definitely need at least 3 good bigs to compete. So assuming they draft a decent big man with one of their picks this year (in a big man rich draft).

So the first year, I think they would have a 50+ win season in which they get past the first and maybe second rounds in the playoffs.

The next year I see them as a definite top 4 team in the NBA. The year after, top 2.

So year 1, definitely better than middle of the pack, but not contenders. By year 2, contenders.

Da Knicks
06-04-2010, 04:27 PM
The same reason Kobe needs the best pf Gasol, Artest, Bynum, Fisher, Odom, Phil Jackson.

Celtics-Pierce needs Garnett, Allen, Rondo, Perkins, Big Baby, Doc Rivers a team wins and by the way those numbers were close to what those guys were averaging the last months of the season. They also forgot Chandler in that list if lebron doesnt come we could form a team without him and knock him out of the playoffs.

links136
06-04-2010, 09:09 PM
why would they go to NY when they could both be in Cle or Tor, with full maxs. No ones turning down 30 million. Tor for example can at least offer demar,sonny,amir,beli,bargs combo plus #13 while still having actual players on the roster, and bosh, and the MLE, or you can have gallo.

For interest sake, Amir was 1st in all fg% with players above 15min/game and over 60 games. link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=per_game&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&qual=&c1stat=mp_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=15&c2stat=g&c2comp=gt&c2val=60&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fg_pct) For guards sonny was 2th, and demar was 5th.link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=per_game&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=G&qual=&c1stat=mp_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=15&c2stat=g&c2comp=gt&c2val=60&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fg_pct)

what can NY offer cleveland.(i'm not saying LBJ is coming to toronto, just how ******** NY fans are.)

oak2455
06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
why would they go to NY when they could both be in Cle or Tor, with full maxs. No ones turning down 30 million. Tor for example can at least offer demar,sonny,amir,beli,bargs combo plus #13 while still having actual players on the roster, and bosh, and the MLE, or you can have gallo.

For interest sake, Amir was 1st in all fg% with players above 15min/game and over 60 games. link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=per_game&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&qual=&c1stat=mp_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=15&c2stat=g&c2comp=gt&c2val=60&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fg_pct) For guards sonny was 2th, and demar was 5th.link (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&type=per_game&per_minute_base=36&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2010&year_max=2010&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&lg_id=&franch_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=G&qual=&c1stat=mp_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=15&c2stat=g&c2comp=gt&c2val=60&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fg_pct)

what can NY offer cleveland.(i'm not saying LBJ is coming to toronto, just how ******** NY fans are.)

Toronto that makes a whole lot of sense:confused:

oak2455
06-04-2010, 09:23 PM

Really and please tell us all how is this going down:facepalm:

Dieselpi
06-04-2010, 09:29 PM
why would lebron even agree to a sign and trade? forget the simple answer of the extra money..... a sign and trade would gut the team he is going to of talent, which is counter productive

oak2455
06-04-2010, 09:31 PM
why would lebron even agree to a sign and trade? forget the simple answer of the extra money..... a sign and trade would gut the team he is going to of talent, which is counter productive

Thank you.....it seems like July 1st is soooooo far away:D

links136
06-04-2010, 10:22 PM

yes why would lbj want 30 million. who wants that? especially with the new cba coming up which will likely make more than anyone could make after next year. its why its likely for him to re-sign.

Get this through your heads. No one is turning down 30 million ever

GoNY
06-04-2010, 10:34 PM

Take it easy there guy. You're getting carried away.

oak2455
06-04-2010, 10:36 PM
yes why would lbj want 30 million. who wants that? especially with the new cba coming up which will likely make more than anyone could make after next year. its why its likely for him to re-sign.

Get this through your heads. No one is turning down 30 million ever

just watch mister 84 posts........just watch:clap::clap::clap: he can make that in a New York minute :-)

links136
06-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Toronto that makes a whole lot of sense:confused:

its like ny except with people on the roster. its not complicated. for example, lbj,parker and jamison for bargnani, amir, derozan,weems,banks,reggie(cash to buyout), + #13 works in the real gm trade checker.(i switched amir for jack because amir couldn't be selected, similar salary). Now there's 2 big fa's on one team, they have the MLE, a roster that was better than NY last year, AND they have the full max's, they also didn't ******* over their old teams.

it won't happen period, but Lebron, Wade and Bosh will NOT sign for less than the full max. I guarantee it. Especially considering that young core was still better than NY last year.

also, realize I mention it won't happen, and neither will a big fa to NY. Expect something 2nd tier like Gay. I'm also gonna predict one of the big FA to go to atlanta.

I'm also gonna have lots of fun watching that young core after bosh leaves. They won't win alot, meaning they'll get a real high draft pick, but they'll be a damn athletic team with tons of highlights. It was fun watching them at the end when bosh was hurt.

links136
06-04-2010, 11:06 PM
just watch mister 84 posts........just watch:clap::clap::clap: he can make that in a New York minute :-)

he can make that anywhere. he is in cleveland, one of the worst markets in the league. However, his agent will only get as much as his contract is worth.

oak2455
06-04-2010, 11:08 PM
its like ny except with people on the roster. its not complicated. for example, lbj,parker and jamison for bargnani, amir, derozan,weems,banks,reggie(cash to buyout), + #13 works in the real gm trade checker.(i switched amir for jack because amir couldn't be selected, similar salary). Now there's 2 big fa's on one team, they have the MLE, a roster that was better than NY last year, AND they have the full max's, they also didn't ******* over their old teams.

it won't happen period, but Lebron, Wade and Bosh will NOT sign for less than the full max. I guarantee it. Especially considering that young core was still better than NY last year.

also, realize I mention it won't happen, and neither will a big fa to NY. Expect something 2nd tier like Gay. I'm also gonna predict one of the big FA to go to atlanta.

I'm also gonna have lots of fun watching that young core after bosh leaves. They won't win alot, meaning they'll get a real high draft pick, but they'll be a damn athletic team with tons of highlights. It was fun watching them at the end when bosh was hurt.

Your Right no top FA will go to NY Knicks:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

links136
06-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Your Right no top FA will go to NY Knicks:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

yes, chris dwayne and james arn't going to NY. if anyone is signing for less then the full max, they're going to chicago, not NY. Chicago has as playoff team without a big fa, ny doesn't even have any draft picks.

oak2455
06-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Love this article

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/05/the-new-york-knicks-will-get-lebron-james/

A year ago I wrote that the sale of 15% of the Cleveland Cavaliers and operating rights to Quicken Loans Arena to Chinese investors meant LeBron James would bolt Cleveland when he became a free agent. Now I am telling you next season LeBron will be playing for the New York Knicks because this January they became the only franchise that can use their stock as currency.

They cannot pay James with MSG stock because it would violate the league's collective bargaining agreement. But there is nothing to stop James from buying shares of MSG with his money. This would allow James to in essence work for himself and capture the upside in revenue from higher ratings on the MSG RSN, a soon-to-be renovated Madison Square Garden and much higher profits he will bring to these platforms.
:eyebrow:

by Michael Ozanian is National Editor at Forbes

oak2455
06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
yes, chris dwayne and james arn't going to NY. if anyone is signing for less then the full max, they're going to chicago, not NY. Chicago has as playoff team without a big fa, ny doesn't even have any draft picks.

yes they are all going to Chicago:facepalm:

links136
06-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Love this article

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/05/the-new-york-knicks-will-get-lebron-james/

A year ago I wrote that the sale of 15% of the Cleveland Cavaliers and operating rights to Quicken Loans Arena to Chinese investors meant LeBron James would bolt Cleveland when he became a free agent. Now I am telling you next season LeBron will be playing for the New York Knicks because this January they became the only franchise that can use their stock as currency.

They cannot pay James with MSG stock because it would violate the league's collective bargaining agreement. But there is nothing to stop James from buying shares of MSG with his money. This would allow James to in essence work for himself and capture the upside in revenue from higher ratings on the MSG RSN, a soon-to-be renovated Madison Square Garden and much higher profits he will bring to these platforms.
:eyebrow:

by Michael Ozanian is National Editor at Forbes

no wonder you think james and bosh are going to NY, you don't know what your talking about. NBA offices shot it down two weeks ago. http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-fix-1.812055/nba-slam-dunks-msg-stock-plan-for-lebron-1.1929237

also, city market doesn't mean crap anymore. Image, reputation, and success have way more to do with endorsements. China, Brazil and India are all way bigger markets than NY, and they don't care where Lebron plays. He's in CLEVELAND for god sake. And remeber when Vince was the most exciting thing in the world? NY had nothing.

Dieselpi
06-04-2010, 11:55 PM
you are missing the point, if he agrees to a sign and trade the team getting him would have to give up a lot of their talent to get it done. Whats the point of weakening a team you hope to win a title with?

commonsense12
06-04-2010, 11:58 PM
After reading every post on this thread i have learned 3 things.
1.People are terrified that he is going to NY with Bosh.
2.People are all in complete denial about the value of the players NY has.
3.LBJ and Bosh will both be in NY.

links136
06-05-2010, 12:00 AM
you are missing the point, if he agrees to a sign and trade the team getting him would have to give up a lot of their talent to get it done. Whats the point of weakening a team you hope to win a title with?

whats the point of going to a team to that has no talent to begin with? Is that supposed to accomplish more?

Dieselpi
06-05-2010, 12:05 AM
whats the point of going to a team to that has no talent to begin with? Is that supposed to accomplish more?

where did i mention a specific team?

all i was saying is that a sign and trade for lebron or bosh etc is stupid because it would deplete the team they are being traded to. If its a good team and they want to be there they can just sign and keep the players that are there

jbeezy
06-05-2010, 12:08 AM
middle of the pack/possible 8th seed....maybe

knickfan4life
06-05-2010, 12:08 AM
the knicks have a DEADLY spot up shooter in gallanari, the have money for both these guys and they have an 11 million dollar expiring contract of eddy curry which can get you a very very very good player via trade (pau gasol type trade, KG type trade, dont tell me it hasnt been done before!!!) they have a young defensive PG in douglas which lebron needs since lebron plays the ball and needs a shooter PG who can play and wants to play defense (not like mo williams who cant shoot for him nor defend for him) and than they have wilson chandler who can be a great trading chip to get a center. also we played earl barron late in the season who we will get back for the vet minimum (kendrick perkins w/ KG, andrew bynum w/ Gasol, greg ostertag w/ Malone) all you need is a big body down low with a great PF like bosh and u have a great team. dont gimme this BS that the knicks cant win a chip with those two guys, you must be crazy... only 2 key players the knicks will have to get for eddy currys contract is a SG or a defensive specialist and they are absolutely SET and if they can work something out to get a BIG MAN, that would make it even worse for the rest of the league

links136
06-05-2010, 12:25 AM
where did i mention a specific team?

all i was saying is that a sign and trade for lebron or bosh etc is stupid because it would deplete the team they are being traded to. If its a good team and they want to be there they can just sign and keep the players that are there

yeah, why would anyone want money. They should all just sign to the lakers for the vets min = guaranteed champs.

their agents will make sure they get 30 million. Also, consider these players are decent human beings, and its in their best interest to make sure they don't ******* over the franchise and communities that has treated them like gods for the last 6 years. Why do you think Lebron considers the cav's his #1 choice?

In toronto it's already well known Colangelo and bosh are working together to get a s&t for the best interest of both parties.

Dieselpi
06-05-2010, 12:28 AM
ok so now we are discussing them teaming up on one of their teams where the other player comes along in a sign and trade?

ask yourself this, why would toronto take back terrible players from the cavs just to make that happen?

29$JerZ
06-05-2010, 12:29 AM
yeah, why would anyone want money. They should all just sign to the lakers for the vets min = guaranteed champs.

their agents will make sure they get 30 million. Also, consider these players are decent human beings, and its in their best interest to make sure they don't ******* over the franchise and communities that has treated them like gods for the last 6 years. Why do you think Lebron considers the cav's his #1 choice?

In toronto it's already well known Colangelo and bosh are working together to get a s&t for the best interest of both parties.

If a FA wants to leave the original team doesn't hold much leverage, the whole point of the CBA giving the original team the ability for more annual increases and a 6th year is too give them the advantage in retaining them. If Leron wants to leave a S/T won't bring back much. So the advantage goes to the new team, especially when the new team has CAP or assets like pretty much every team in the 2010 hunt.

First of all why want a S/T if your depleting the new team and putting yourself in a similar position?

Second why would the new team trade assets when they can just flat out sign him as a FA?

If 1 more year and annual increases matter that much he is likely to stay, not bolt and demand a great trade for his old team?

If LBJ wants out expect a straight out signing, not a S/T.
If money mattered he would stay, you can't have it both way; money and a better shot at winning.

D1JM
06-05-2010, 12:53 AM
maybe i should make a thread about lebron and bosh going to chicago and also asking where would they stand?????????????

links136
06-05-2010, 12:56 AM
If a FA wants to leave the original team doesn't hold much leverage, the whole point of the CBA giving the original team the ability for more annual increases and a 6th year is too give them the advantage in retaining them. If Leron wants to leave a S/T won't bring back much. So the advantage goes to the new team, especially when the new team has CAP or assets like pretty much every team in the 2010 hunt.

First of all why want a S/T if your depleting the new team and putting yourself in a similar position?

Second why would the new team trade assets when they can just flat out sign him as a FA?

If 1 more year and annual increases matter that much he is likely to stay, not bolt and demand a great trade for his old team?

If LBJ wants out expect a straight out signing, not a S/T.
If money mattered he would stay, you can't have it both way; money and a better shot at winning.

so by trying to win a championship, they should go to a team stripped of all its talent?

tor could at least offer demar, sonny, amir, bargs #13 and take on bad contracts which is 100x better than what NY could offer, and it would team him up with bosh, with a full roster already, and the MLE to add. Its not likely to happen, but its still way way way more appealing than signing with new york.

its also why the cavs are the likeliest team to sign lebron.

commonsense12
06-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Hey links136 if no one will pass up 30 mill, then why even go to Free agency. If no one is going to walk away wouldnt they already sign? Please dont say sign and trade because he clearly stated he wants to win a championship and a team giving up tons of talent doesnt do that. Get used to LBJ leaving, because he is.

King Kong
06-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Don't see it happening but if it did. I would say contender in the East. But then again LBJ on any team would be a contender in the East. lol

bkmikeyy
06-05-2010, 01:33 AM
so by trying to win a championship, they should go to a team stripped of all its talent?

tor could at least offer demar, sonny, amir, bargs #13 and take on bad contracts which is 100x better than what NY could offer, and it would team him up with bosh, with a full roster already, and the MLE to add. Its not likely to happen, but its still way way way more appealing than signing with new york.

its also why the cavs are the likeliest team to sign lebron.

How exactly would that be a full roster after that trade?!?!! People are delusional with their intense hate of NYC, sure they don't have stars right now but they have nice young talent and a huge expiring. To sit here and say that a core of Calderon, Turk, Jack, Wright and Nesterovic is better than what the Knicks can offer is ABSURD. All the Knicks need is a big man and that can be acquired in a Curry trade. They have a starting PG next to bron, douglas. A starting forward next to Lebron in Gallo who is one of the better young talents in the league. A bench that includes Barron, Chandler, Walker, 1-2 Vet mins and some draft picks. All it takes is an Okafor for Curry trade and this team is deep.

This will never end Knicks fans, I can see it now. If Lebron and Bosh come and the Knicks become a good team we are never going to hear the end of "EHHH STUPID NEW YORKERS....THEY BUY THEIR TEAMS BLAH BLAH". Its fine when their crummy towns buy players...When Kobe forces his way into getting drafted by LA, Shaq bolts Orlando and Gasol gets traded for peanuts no one says a word. I promise you if these guys go anywhere else no one will complain, if they go to NY we wont hear the end of how NY can't get their own talent and all that nonsense. Small town people will always find some crap to say about NY, its in their blood...I call it jealousy.

NYK_kidd77
06-05-2010, 01:55 AM
maybe i should make a thread about lebron and bosh going to chicago and also asking where would they stand?????????????

I think you should. I dont know why there hasn't been one all these Knick threads have been made by Bulls fans lol.

mikeman0000
06-05-2010, 01:56 AM
S&T Lee to Toronto for Calderon and Turk. They make close to 16-17 M combined so a deal could be worked out. Trade Curry and Gallo for a 2 guard or a Center.

Calderon/Douglas/House
Chandler/Vet/Walker
Lebron/Turk
Bosh/
Center

Could work. Why not, the thought of signing 2 max FA is almost video game esque anyway, why not throw that out there?

bkmikeyy
06-05-2010, 02:01 AM
S&T Lee to Toronto for Calderon and Turk. They make close to 16-17 M combined so a deal could be worked out. Trade Curry and Gallo for a 2 guard or a Center.

Calderon/Douglas/House
Chandler/Vet/Walker
Lebron/Turk
Bosh/
Center

Could work. Why not, the thought of signing 2 max FA is almost video game esque anyway, why not throw that out there?

Trading Lee for bad contracts would keep them from signing two maxes. They don't need Calderon or Turk anyways, Gallo will be better than Turk.

Gallo would not need to be included in a trade with Curry though. Okafor has a 4 year 52 million dollar deal left I'm sure the Hornets would give him up for salary cap relief. Trade Curry for Okafor. Consider adding Chandler for Collison in the deal. If not Curry for Beidrins also an option (3 yrs 27 million)

Douglas/Sergio
Chandler/Walker/Stephenson
LBJ/Gallo
Bosh/Kurt Thomas/Varnado
Okafor/Barron

12 man rotation - Curry trade, 2 2nd rounders (possibly buy 1st), 2 vet min (thomas, sergio), still have 1-2 mill left for Barron

D1JM
06-05-2010, 02:21 AM
I think you should. I dont know why there hasn't been one all these Knick threads have been made by Bulls fans lol.

u've convinced me or i dont know if its the alcohol lol

links136
06-05-2010, 02:33 AM
How exactly would that be a full roster after that trade?!?!! People are delusional with their intense hate of NYC, sure they don't have stars right now but they have nice young talent and a huge expiring. To sit here and say that a core of Calderon, Turk, Jack, Wright and Nesterovic is better than what the Knicks can offer is ABSURD. All the Knicks need is a big man and that can be acquired in a Curry trade. They have a starting PG next to bron, douglas. A starting forward next to Lebron in Gallo who is one of the better young talents in the league. A bench that includes Barron, Chandler, Walker, 1-2 Vet mins and some draft picks. All it takes is an Okafor for Curry trade and this team is deep.

This will never end Knicks fans, I can see it now. If Lebron and Bosh come and the Knicks become a good team we are never going to hear the end of "EHHH STUPID NEW YORKERS....THEY BUY THEIR TEAMS BLAH BLAH". Its fine when their crummy towns buy players...When Kobe forces his way into getting drafted by LA, Gasol gets traded for peanuts no one says a word. I promise you if these guys go anywhere else no one will complain, if they go to NY we wont hear the end of how NY can't get their own talent and all that nonsense. Small town people will always find some crap to say about NY, its in their blood...I call it jealousy.

neither are gonna happen, don't sweat about it.

am I supposed to be jealous of the knicks successful past how many years?

Mplsman
06-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Malcom in the middle