PDA

View Full Version : If Boston wins it all!

Grand Master B
06-02-2010, 01:25 AM
I am a die hard Laker fan, always have been. In fact, the Celtics are the only team in the NBA that I actually hate! But I have to admit that Boston's playoff run this year is pretty impressive. If Boston actually does win it all this year (I pray to God every night they won't) it has to be one of the greatest playoff Runs I've ever seen.

1. They beat the Lebrons, the team favored to win it all, pretty soundly without home court advantage.

2. They beat the Eastern Conference defending champions, the Magic, very convincingly, again without home court.

3. IF they can come in to L.A., again without home court advantage, and Beat the Lakers I will have to be impressed.

3 months ago everybody said the best teams in the league were:

Cavs
Lakers
Magic

If they can beat them all without home court advantage it will be pretty impressive.

Im writing this now cause if they win I will be crying for 2 weeks straight and will come up with 100 reasons why my beloved Lakers got cheated out of a championship!

So I wish all Boston fans TERRIBLE luck in the finals but acknowledge what a great feat it will be if they win.

kvrnm
06-02-2010, 01:30 AM
haha i actually liked this and agree

KG2TB
06-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Yeah it would be pretty remarkable. Pretty much everyone had written the Celtics off before the playoffs. I'm excited for this series. I still say Lakers in 7

IAmKira
06-02-2010, 01:49 AM
If you're really a Lakers fan, u wouldnt be thinking about that "IF"

kvrnm
06-02-2010, 01:50 AM

he is just acknowledging it would be a remarkable feat

Grand Master B
06-02-2010, 01:51 AM
if you were really a man you wouldn't have some kind of cartoon as your sig

RocketsRule
06-02-2010, 01:52 AM
He makes a good point. It would be/is one of the better playoff runs that I can personally remember.

kvrnm
06-02-2010, 01:53 AM

haha

shep33
06-02-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm a Knick/Laker fan and I completely agree. I give respect when respect is due, and already the Celts deserve respect for what they've done.

tredigs
06-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Yes, if (and I think they will) they take out all three of the pre-playoff favorites without HCA in any of the series, it's going to go down as one of the best/most remarkable championship runs in NBA history.

The truth is that when healthy, they are (and were) this good of a team. But I definitely did not see this coming, not by a long shot.

soonabooma
06-02-2010, 02:23 AM
It would be about the same as the Giants in '08 when they went through the Cowboys, Packers, and then beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl......pretty impressive.

OA SLAY
06-02-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm a Knick/Laker fan and I completely agree. I give respect when respect is due, and already the Celts deserve respect for what they've done.

???? Whats that about Bro???

RipVW
06-02-2010, 03:14 AM
I am a die hard Laker fan, always have been. In fact, the Celtics are the only team in the NBA that I actually hate! But I have to admit that Boston's playoff run this year is pretty impressive. If Boston actually does win it all this year (I pray to God every night they won't) it has to be one of the greatest playoff Runs I've ever seen.

1. They beat the Lebrons, the team favored to win it all, pretty soundly without home court advantage.

2. They beat the Eastern Conference defending champions, the Magic, very convincingly, again without home court.

3. IF they can come in to L.A., again without home court advantage, and Beat the Lakers I will have to be impressed.

Cavs
Lakers
Magic

If they can beat them all without home court advantage it will be pretty impressive.

Im writing this now cause if they win I will be crying for 2 weeks straight and will come up with 100 reasons why my beloved Lakers got cheated out of a championship!

So I wish all Boston fans TERRIBLE luck in the finals but acknowledge what a great feat it will be if they win.

When someone says they're a "die hard Laker fan", does that mean they stay until the 3rd qtr?

shep33
06-02-2010, 03:15 AM
???? Whats that about Bro???

Haha honestly man, I grew up in a small town in Canada, where nobody cared about basketball.

I loved the Knick teams of the 90s and still love them to this day. I think my favorite team of all time maybe the '99 knicks, even though they didn't win it against the Spurs I just loved the heart they played with. LJ, Spree, Houston, Ward, Childs, Camby, even a little bit of Pat that year. Always liked them before that, and Starks is my favoirte Knick of all time. Love Oak, Mason, and all those guys on those Knick teams.

At the same time I also liked the Lakeshow, and it grew once i saw Kobe and Shaq play, I mean i liked them a lot when they Eddie Jones and Van Exel, Divac, Ceballos, Campbell etc. But Kobe and Shaq were something special when I was in Jr. high. Ever since being introduced to those 2 teams I haven't looked back. I know it might be lame to have 2 favorite teams, but those 2 franchises just set the bar for me since I was probably about 8-9 years old.

Hah i know its kinda weird.

TheWatcher34
06-02-2010, 03:20 AM
When someone says they're a "die hard Laker fan", does that mean they stay until the 3rd qtr?

:laugh2: true that! :laugh:

madiaz3
06-02-2010, 04:12 AM
I'm a Knicks lakers fan too. The way I see it. I can have in the conference my home team isn't in, but when it comes down to them playing each other then it's NY all the way.

TheWatcher34
06-02-2010, 04:45 AM
I'm a Knicks lakers fan too. The way I see it. I can have in the conference my home team isn't in, but when it comes down to them playing each other then it's NY all the way.

what?? ..and you're off-topic btw.

todu82
06-02-2010, 08:57 AM
They've had a good run this year, no doubt. They've beat 2 of the favourites of the East and if they beat L.A. they'll beat the favourite in the league. Really remarkable considering I had them losing in Round 1 to Miami.

Truheatfan
06-02-2010, 09:14 AM

but since hes a realist hes open to the possibility of it happening... boston in 7

Mishmin
06-02-2010, 09:29 AM
What I want to know is if they win the ring, what happens in their off season? Does a championship team let those expiring contracts slip away or do they make some two year deals to keep it together. Ray Ray has been the one thought most likely to leave but he's a rock on that team. Does a ring freeze this team for the next couple years?

Raidaz4Life
06-02-2010, 09:35 AM
I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. It would be absolutely remarkable which is why I am praying it doesn't happen.

shep33
06-02-2010, 10:52 AM

Haha nice man, I thought i was the only one

ZioAx
06-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm actually a Celtic/Laker/Magic fan. Funny how things work out.

And yes I agree with this thread.

maddBat
06-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. It would be absolutely remarkable which is why I am praying it doesn't happen.

same here :pray:

ToldYa
06-02-2010, 11:16 AM
then all you idiots who wrote them off because they were trying to stay healthy in the regular season will feel stupid as hell..damn yall are stupid for underestimating the heart of champions :facepalm:

GSW Hoops
06-02-2010, 12:18 PM

Cavs
Lakers
Magic

Just goes to show how much the media doesn't know.

ballpd05
06-02-2010, 12:24 PM
It would be the greatest run since the 8 seeded knicks who lost in the finals or the 6 seeded rockets that won it all.

by the way if the celtics win could u say the only reason the lakers got one is because KG was hurt???

ballpd05
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
What I want to know is if they win the ring, what happens in their off season? Does a championship team let those expiring contracts slip away or do they make some two year deals to keep it together. Ray Ray has been the one thought most likely to leave but he's a rock on that team. Does a ring freeze this team for the next couple years?

Yeah I believe so, but they should start collecting young talent to come in and be bench players/role players who can grow to more prominent roles later on.

But I think u have to keep the core together while they are still winning.

CowboysKB24
06-02-2010, 12:33 PM
he is just acknowledging it would be a remarkable feat

It would be remarkable. I said this before when everyone was crying LeBron was going to take it all down... the playoffs are a different story. It is about match ups and coaching becomes for real during this time. Coaching is underrated come playoff time.

BkOriginalOne
06-02-2010, 12:45 PM
How remarkable is it that the 2008 NBA champions featuring Garnett, Pierce, Alllen and a mature Rondo are able to string together Big wins.
Just because everyone didn't believe doesn't make it remarkable.
If the Bucks had made it this far - THAT - would be remarkable.

KingOf215
06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Being a Sixers fan, I despise both of these teams tremendously.

However, if Boston beats LA.. I foresee certain people saying that the Magic only made it to the finals last year because KG was out, same thing goes for the Lakers 09 championship. The Lakers have a LOT to lose.

JordansBulls
06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Well if the C's do win the title they would have gone thru arguably the top 4 players in the NBA this season.

Wade, Lebron, Dwight and Kobe.

and would have done so against 3 of them without HCA.

JordansBulls
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Being a Sixers fan, I despise both of these teams tremendously.

However, if Boston beats LA.. I foresee certain people saying that the Magic only made it to the finals last year because KG was out, same thing goes for the Lakers 09 championship. The Lakers have a LOT to lose.

I disagree. Cleveland built that team last year to defeat Boston not Orlando. Cleveland this year built its team to beat Orlando and not Boston.

Cleveland is a better matchup with Boston with Shaq not playing.

Grand Master B
06-02-2010, 01:20 PM
How remarkable is it that the 2008 NBA champions featuring Garnett, Pierce, Alllen and a mature Rondo are able to string together Big wins.
Just because everyone didn't believe doesn't make it remarkable.
If the Bucks had made it this far - THAT - would be remarkable.

It's not the amount of wins Im talking about. It's the quality of the wins!

KingOf215
06-02-2010, 01:21 PM
I disagree. Cleveland built that team last year to defeat Boston not Orlando. Cleveland this year built its team to beat Orlando and not Boston.

Think you are missing the point...

the point made would be 'Orlando would've never beat Celtics last year if KG wasn't injured' and if Celtics win again this year (along with the 2008 domination of the Lakers), it further strengthens the point Lakers only won last year because KG was out & they beat an inferior Orlando team.

not saying I agree with this, but it is what it is... this has nothing to do with the Cavs. In many ways, this is similar to how people like to criticize that championship houston team, that were only able to win it all in the years when Jordan 1st retired.

MacFitz92
06-02-2010, 01:28 PM

:laugh2:

Chronz
06-02-2010, 01:32 PM

What does Cleveland have to do with his post? I agree with it but Im confused where this came from

The Final Boss
06-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I stopped reading when the guy said he was a Laker fan but from from Sacramento Queens country...

Grand Master B
06-02-2010, 01:35 PM

the point made would be 'Orlando would've never beat Celtics last year if KG wasn't injured' and if Celtics win again this year (along with the 2008 domination of the Lakers), it further strengthens the point Lakers only won last year because KG was out & they beat an inferior Orlando team.

not saying I agree with this, but it is what it is... this has nothing to do with the Cavs.

It can also be turned around if Lakers win too. Like if Bynum wasn't hurt in 08 L.A. would have won 3 in a row.

I actually think Boston was just better in 08 and I think LA was just better in 09

And I think they are both better this year

Grand Master B
06-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I stopped reading when the guy said he was a Laker fan but from from Sacramento Queens country...

ACTUALLYYYYYYY..... I live in Humboldt County, Ca. thats 5 hours from sac town

JordansBulls
06-02-2010, 01:41 PM

not saying I agree with this, but it is what it is... this has nothing to do with the Cavs. In many ways, this is similar to how people like to criticize that championship houston team, that were only able to win it all in the years when Jordan 1st retired.

My point is that Boston vs Orl was in round 2 last year. If Boston won they would have played Cleveland. Cleveland was prepared for Boston last season.

RocketsRule
06-02-2010, 01:43 PM
My point is that Boston vs Orl was in round 2 last year. If Boston won they would have played Cleveland. Cleveland was prepared for Boston last season.

While I believe you are correct, there is no way to know for sure that Cleveland would have won.

JordansBulls
06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
What does Cleveland have to do with his post? I agree with it but Im confused where this came from

This is what was stated.

The magic only made it to the finals last year because KG was out

So that means they are automatically saying the Celtics would have beaten the Cavs in the ECF if KG was around last year.

The Final Boss
06-02-2010, 01:54 PM

Cavs
Lakers
Magic

What does this make Los Angeles when they win the series then, the King of Kings?

Chronz
06-02-2010, 02:04 PM
This is what was stated.

So that means they are automatically saying the Celtics would have beaten the Cavs in the ECF if KG was around last year.

Oh , yea definitely, I doubt they get passed a healthy Celtics team but they were more likely that year than this one.

thescore53
06-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Haha honestly man, I grew up in a small town in Canada, where nobody cared about basketball.

I loved the Knick teams of the 90s and still love them to this day. I think my favorite team of all time maybe the '99 knicks, even though they didn't win it against the Spurs I just loved the heart they played with. LJ, Spree, Houston, Ward, Childs, Camby, even a little bit of Pat that year. Always liked them before that, and Starks is my favoirte Knick of all time. Love Oak, Mason, and all those guys on those Knick teams.

At the same time I also liked the Lakeshow, and it grew once i saw Kobe and Shaq play, I mean i liked them a lot when they Eddie Jones and Van Exel, Divac, Ceballos, Campbell etc. But Kobe and Shaq were something special when I was in Jr. high. Ever since being introduced to those 2 teams I haven't looked back. I know it might be lame to have 2 favorite teams, but those 2 franchises just set the bar for me since I was probably about 8-9 years old.

Hah i know its kinda weird.

wat about the raptors

topdog
06-02-2010, 02:15 PM

The fact of the matter is they have to "build" themselves to try to beat a team and so they shouldn't get special reprieve because they didn't get the match-up they expected.

Agreed that Cleveland is a better match-up w/ Boston w/o Shaq ...probably w/o Jamison too.

IAmKira
06-02-2010, 03:04 PM

Rofl, since when do u determine wat makes a person a man?

masalex1205
06-02-2010, 03:20 PM
:facepalm:

nycsports2
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM

lmfao:clap:

MaHaRaJaH
06-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Montreal Canadiens beat a) the best team b) last year's Stanley's cup champions where are they now lol

Green18
06-02-2010, 04:36 PM
This is what was stated.

Ugh he keeps explaining himself but you keep missing the point. I think we can all agree right now that there is no way to possibly predict who would have won a possible ECF matchup between the cavs and the celts next year. The point is, if the Celts win in 08 and 10 while healthy, the media will be all over the fact that 09 we were missing former MVP and future HOFer Garnett. They don't care about the fact that we still had to go through the Cavs who were best suited to beat us, they care about a good story. A good story is that since we won(if we win this year) in 08 and 10, the Lakers won in 09 because they didnt have to go through the best team, because that team didnt have KG. All thats being said here is how the media will react, not what is actually true...

dRa1niNg_ 3s
06-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I hope Boston wins so i can win some money!! But in all its an really impressive run its just like when the Rockets won as a 6th seed beating 50 win teams.

ElMarroAfamado
06-02-2010, 06:08 PM
i hate the celtics too....but i have to give em credit for knocking off the cavs (even though i knew since the beggining they wouldnt make the finals) but i realy give em credit for knocking off the Magic....

everyone counted them out....
and all these hatable cliches people say in regards to the Spurs i think are better suited for the Celtics now.....

with that said
LETS GO LAKERS whoop some ***

RNess78c
06-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Im a Blazers/Celtics fan Ray allen KG were on my top 5 favorite players before the trade and still are but im starting to like that team alot more now I HOPE THEY BEAT THE LAKERS....I HATE THE LAKERS TEAM WITH A PASSION

RNess78c
06-02-2010, 06:46 PM
lmfao:clap:

that was probley the most boring cartoon ever made i must add

mrblisterdundee
06-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Los Angeles is where the annoying hipsters originate, so that's the team that most people want to lose.

PLAYERS FAN
06-02-2010, 07:46 PM
:facepalm:

Larry Brown I feel the same way about Felton too:)

PLAYERS FAN
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM
If Boston win I will never take the regular season serious again.

97NYer
06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Celtics in 6. Then next season the Knicks/Celtics face off in the ECF. LeBron against the Celtics with some help this time. BOSH.

Grand Master B
06-02-2010, 09:10 PM
If Boston win I will never take the regular season serious again.

I kinda feel the same way. It seems like Boston and L.A. have proven that a team can just "flip the switch" in the playoffs. Both of them, Boston more so, were limping into the playoffs and now are just killen it! I don't know if it was planned or just dumb luck that they are clicking on all cylinders now.