PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson attacks the Celtics style of play

avrpatsfan
06-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Recently Phil Jackson took a jab at KG by saying this: "We don't have a smackdown mentality, Jackson said. He was smacking Howard's arm and finally he was called for an offensive foul. That's not our team. We don't go out there and smack people around. I think this was a bad decision on Phil's part. Way to give more energy to the Celtics. I think nothing of it. Its just Phil playing mind games. Its all good." was what KG said in response to it. Dumb thing for Phil to say. In response to it Doc said We just thank Phil for the compliment, Rivers said. Thats very nice of him to say. I like the Celtics response to the comment by Jackson. Phil is a great coach and this is a thing he does that does affect games. I just wanted to see what the PSD community had to say about this and all of the mind games Phil Jackson plays.

IAmKira
06-01-2010, 11:21 PM
how late are you?

avrpatsfan
06-01-2010, 11:31 PM
how late are you?
Well the Boston Globe article was just posted today, so I don't know.

KW93KB24
06-01-2010, 11:36 PM
dude stop *****en its basketball, people talk trash all the time, why arent u complaining about KG's dirty plays? who gives a ****, it just makes things more fun to watch.

tr4shb0t
06-01-2010, 11:41 PM
everyone knows KG doesn't play by the rules. what are you crying about?

td0tsfinest
06-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Its Phil being phil.

still1ballin
06-01-2010, 11:46 PM
the zen master strikes once more

mark1125
06-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Officials and league offices buy what Phil is selling EVERY YEAR, so why should Phil stop now?

IAmKira
06-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Well the Boston Globe article was just posted today, so I don't know.

there was a thread about this already. Now u tell me..

avrpatsfan
06-01-2010, 11:52 PM
dude stop *****en its basketball, people talk trash all the time, why arent u complaining about KG's dirty plays? who gives a ****, it just makes things more fun to watch.
Where did I *****? I never complained ONCE. Read the post.

avrpatsfan
06-01-2010, 11:54 PM
there was a thread about this already. Now u tell me..
If there is another thread like this then mods can close this one.

blacknell
06-01-2010, 11:55 PM
phil says things like that so the refs can call fouls on them everytime they happen

RaptorizedKevin
06-01-2010, 11:57 PM
when will phil jackson shut his mout.. seriously.

1. he talked smack bout durant and free throws
2. talked smack about nash
3. talking smack about the celtics.

well phill jackson imo is a very experiencd coach but hes not that great. When it was just kobe the lakers werent playing well and jackson made excuses for kobe being uncoachable? like wtf. phill jackson should realize hes a badcoach and only can coach superstars to make him look good.

avrpatsfan
06-01-2010, 11:59 PM
I found the other thread but that one is on the Lakers forum. I'm not focusing around the Lakers. I also want to know what PSD posters think about what affect this will have on the Celtics. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491202&highlight=phil+jackson

JNA17
06-02-2010, 12:00 AM
old news, i already posted this in the lakers forum except it was about garnett.

next.

avrpatsfan
06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
old news, i already posted this in the lakers forum except it was about garnett.

next.
Well this thread isn't about Garnett :shrug:

IAmKira
06-02-2010, 12:11 AM
I found the other thread but that one is on the Lakers forum. I'm not focusing around the Lakers. I also want to know what PSD posters think about what affect this will have on the Celtics. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491202&highlight=phil+jackson

then this should be posted in the celtics forum since its about the celtics. :facepalm:

xBLAMEITON24x
06-02-2010, 12:28 AM

well phill jackson imo is a very experiencd coach but hes not that great. When it was just kobe the lakers werent playing well and jackson made excuses for kobe being uncoachable? like wtf. phill jackson should realize hes a badcoach and only can coach superstars to make him look good.

Phil Jackson never made excuses for the Lakers losses, he called kobe uncoachable before he came back to the lakers in 06, and to call him a bad coach and say his superstars make him look good. Is ridiculous last time i checked Jordan & Pippen couldnt win a ring until phil showed up, same thing goes for Kobe & Shaq .
Phil makes comments during the playoffs about every team he faces that's why they call him the zen master, get use to it. Mind games my friend, mind games.

D1JM
06-02-2010, 12:39 AM

damn you actually said he is a bad coach. He won 10 championships and you think he is a bad coach. I bet the standards in toronto are huge if you consider phil a bad coach. I think about 98% of raptor fans would love to have phil as a coach.

_KB24_
06-02-2010, 12:40 AM
If people are honestly going to post this, then :facepalm: on your part.

Everybody knows that Phil takes a jab or two at the opposing team before a series. It's as customary as having turkey on Thanksgiving. Just expect it and stfu.

:)

tjlipford
06-02-2010, 01:30 AM
If people are honestly going to post this, then :facepalm: on your part.

Everybody knows that Phil takes a jab or two at the opposing team before a series. It's as customary as having turkey on Thanksgiving. Just expect it and stfu.

:)

Before I was about to post I read your post. Phil has done this before every series in the playoffs this year. This is just Phil being Phil. I agree with u 100%.

Sadds The Gr8
06-02-2010, 01:46 AM
meh...Phil Jackson's a douche.

kvrnm
06-02-2010, 01:48 AM
phil thinks he was a player are somthing,,, hes arrogant and thinks he is bigger than the game,,, i really cant stand him

WITZ
06-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Damn Phil will never just shut the **** up will he ,does he have to complain about something every round.

ARMIN12NBA
06-02-2010, 02:55 AM
I think the comments were more about Pau Gasol than the Celtics. I think this was a message to Pau that he has to be able to take their punishment, respond, and give out his own dose of punishment as well.

ARMIN12NBA
06-02-2010, 02:57 AM
phil thinks he was a player are somthing,,, hes arrogant and thinks he is bigger than the game,,, i really cant stand him

Phil was a player...He played for the Knicks and even won a championship.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Ironic considering Fisher might be the dirtiest player in the league.

R8rs4Life
06-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Ironic considering Fisher might be the dirtiest player in the league.

x2

D1JM
06-02-2010, 03:18 AM

He should maybe try wikipidia next time lol

TheWatcher34
06-02-2010, 03:22 AM
everyone knows KG doesn't play by the rules. what are you crying about?

crying is Gasol's job. he is getting millions for it. :mad:

xBLAMEITON24x
06-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Damn Phil will never just shut the **** up will he ,does he have to complain about something every round.

No he will never shut up so get use to it. and learn to expect it.

Hotone1401
06-02-2010, 03:44 AM

Really?? Or are you just another hater?? This is the same coach with 10 titles under his belt and the same coach who took a Laker team that failed to make the playoffs and help push them to a 7th game against the Suns the following season. Phil is an awesome coach and what he said regarding KG is just the facts. KG hit Dwight and he pretty much gets away with more illegal screens than anybody else in league history. Is a opposing coach just supposed to let that go unnoticed?

JayW_1023
06-02-2010, 06:35 AM

The Zen Master always has an ulterior motive dropping these verbal volleys before the series starts. He has mastered the art of influencing series with these subtle psychological remarks. He knows how to say things that stick to the opposing teams and officials wether they like it or not.

JayW_1023
06-02-2010, 06:39 AM

Phil Jackson was similair to Perkins, a physical post defender who rebounded and fouled hard, so he sort of contradicts his own philosophy as a player with that smackdown remark.

But that's who Phil is...always dropping the early verbal volley to start the mind games which he does so well. So even when he is a hypocrite you gotta respect the Zen masters MO.

Tblaze
06-02-2010, 06:40 AM
well, the remark about Garnett hitting Howards arm 2 times in a row and it only being called for a normal foul the 2nd time. That was just awful reffing.

GrumpyOldMan
06-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Didn't Stern threaten to fine Phil for making comments like this in the media trying to get in the refs' heads? It will be interesting to see if he follows through with the fine, not that it will matter too much to Jackson.

Corey
06-02-2010, 07:37 AM
He's just trying to sway the refs into calling more fouls on the C's.

It's probably going to work, too.

magichatnumber9
06-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Phil's a joke

krest213
06-02-2010, 08:26 AM
phil says things like that so the refs can call fouls on them everytime they happen

X6:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: the guy is becoming one of the worst cowards in the league.

mark1125
06-02-2010, 09:44 AM

Why not....the league and the refs bend over backwards after Phil points something out. Of course he will continue to do it.

mark1125
06-02-2010, 09:46 AM
He's just trying to sway the refs into calling more fouls on the C's.

It's probably going to work, too.

Just once, I would like to see the refs go the other way with Phil. When he cries, they should put their whistles in their pockets and let it go. They will have to staff more mop boys to clean the tears off the floor.

sixer04fan
06-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Phil speaks the truth this time. If anything he's understating the facts in this case, in my opinion. No offense to any boston fans.

ZioAx
06-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Phil knows his team is soft, this isnt shocking. But Laker fans will still try and say they are "tougher"

strokeman
06-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Phill simply is bringing things to the reff attention, not so much the fans but he wants the refs to pay attention and now they are going to be watching KG, it was a good move to ensure the reffs are calling the game tight, you want that when yore playing against a physical team! :eyebrow:

GSW Hoops
06-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Really?? Or are you just another hater?? This is the same coach with 10 titles under his belt and the same coach who took a Laker team that failed to make the playoffs and help push them to a 7th game against the Suns the following season. Phil is an awesome coach and what he said regarding KG is just the facts. KG hit Dwight and he pretty much gets away with more illegal screens than anybody else in league history. Is a opposing coach just supposed to let that go unnoticed?

Haha, he calls Phil a "bad coach" when he has 10 titles under his belt and shooting for an 11th. What a clown.

J4KOP99
06-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Why not....the league and the refs bend over backwards after Phil points something out. Of course he will continue to do it.

Let's go over some of the things Phil has complained about and see how ridiculous they actually are..

Just this year:

Durant get's too many free throws- Watching Durant play, I would have to agree with this. He get's more phantom calls than Kobe or LeBron and shot the most free throws in the league this season while spending most of his time on the perimeter. And for those of you who bring up Kobe getting calls, it's time to start watching some gams. He rarely goes to the hoop as much as he used to, therefore not getting nearly as many calls as he did earlier in his career.

Steve Nash carries the ball- Alright, every guard carries the ball in the NBA, not just Nash. Watch Nash's teammate Dragic, I don't know how they never call a carry on him. As for Nash though, often times when he is coming off the Pick & Roll and does not make the pass, there is usually a carry. Watch Nash play, you will see him carry the ball all over the court. My question to you is, why wouldn't Phil point this out? It is the playoffs and he wants the biggest advantage possible.

Kevin Garnett/Celtics get(s) away with too much on defense- Garnett's dirty plays are well documented. The guy has never set a legal screen in his life and because of his reputation as being a great defensive player, he gets a way with a lot of contact down low. Now, obviously Garnett is not going to change his game but why wouldn't Phil try to bring this up and get people watching Garnett more closely?

--I don't understand how people are getting mad at Phil for doing this. You want the refs to teach him a lesson? Look at the things he is bringing up! They all have some truth to them. He is isn't making things up to get an unfair advantage.

Are you guys trying to say that Garnett doesn't play dirty? That Durant doesn't get ridiculous foul calls...even moreso than LeBron, Wade and anyone else in the league?

Or are you trying to say, I hate Phil Jackson and the Lakers.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Let's go over some of the things Phil has complained about and see how ridiculous they actually are..

Just this year:

Durant get's too many free throws- Watching Durant play, I would have to agree with this. He get's more phantom calls than Kobe or LeBron and shot the most free throws in the league this season while spending most of his time on the perimeter. And for those of you who bring up Kobe getting calls, it's time to start watching some gams. He rarely goes to the hoop as much as he used to, therefore not getting nearly as many calls as he did earlier in his career.

Steve Nash carries the ball- Alright, every guard carries the ball in the NBA, not just Nash. Watch Nash's teammate Dragic, I don't know how they never call a carry on him. As for Nash though, often times when he is coming off the Pick & Roll and does not make the pass, there is usually a carry. Watch Nash play, you will see him carry the ball all over the court. My question to you is, why wouldn't Phil point this out? It is the playoffs and he wants the biggest advantage possible.

Kevin Garnett/Celtics get(s) away with too much on defense- Garnett's dirty plays are well documented. The guy has never set a legal screen in his life and because of his reputation as being a great defensive player, he gets a way with a lot of contact down low. Now, obviously Garnett is not going to change his game but why wouldn't Phil try to bring this up and get people watching Garnett more closely?

--I don't understand how people are getting mad at Phil for doing this. You want the refs to teach him a lesson? Look at the things he is bringing up! They all have some truth to them. He is isn't making things up to get an unfair advantage.

Are you guys trying to say that Garnett doesn't play dirty? That Durant doesn't get ridiculous foul calls...even moreso than LeBron, Wade and anyone else in the league?

Or are you trying to say, I hate Phil Jackson and the Lakers.

The irony is that Derek Fisher is probably the dirtiest player in the league. Its not that he's physical as much as its the fact that he's constantly doing cheap stuff.

With that in mind, it becomes more evident that Phil sees Gasol as the Schwerpunkt of the series. He knows, Gasol needs to have a good series and he also knows Gasol is a little soft. Gasol has been playing really well lately but Phil is likely concerned that Gasol will shrink if he gets banged around a little.

J4KOP99
06-02-2010, 12:38 PM
The irony is that Derek Fisher is probably the dirtiest player in the league. Its not that he's physical as much as its the fact that he's constantly doing cheap stuff.

This is the thing man... It doesn't matter.

If Doc Rivers says something, good for him, nobody would care. I don't know why coaches don't point out the fact that Fisher flops all over the court or whatever else you want to complain about.

You are not seeing the point. Did anyone in here say Fisher does not flop? Does fisher being the "dirtiest player in the league" as you state make Garnett any less dirty as a player? No, it just makes you feel somewhat better about your argument.

CowboysKB24
06-02-2010, 12:38 PM

Don't discredit Jackson because he talks smack. It is a rivalry. KG, Doc, Pierce, are talking massive amount of crap. They don't like each other, they hate each other. Phil is the greatest coach of all time, get over it, accept it.

J4KOP99
06-02-2010, 12:39 PM

With that in mind, it becomes more evident that Phil sees Gasol as the Schwerpunkt of the series. He knows, Gasol needs to have a good series and he also knows Gasol is a little soft. Gasol has been playing really well lately but Phil is likely concerned that Gasol will shrink if he gets banged around a little.

Exactly. That is the whole point of this thing. He is trying to send a message not so much to the Refs and Celtics but to his team and his big men.

Phil knows he will need Gasol to be tough down low and wants to make sure Gasol is motivated.

superkegger
06-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't know if I would call what Phil said an "attack". I don't know that he did anything other than state the truth. And it's not really an issue to anyone but reporters with too much time on their hands trying to sell stories.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 12:47 PM
This is the thing man... It doesn't matter.

If Doc Rivers says something, good for him, nobody would care. I don't know why coaches don't point out the fact that Fisher flops all over the court or whatever else you want to complain about.

You are not seeing the point. Did anyone in here say Fisher does not flop? Does fisher being the "dirtiest player in the league" as you state make Garnett any less dirty as a player? No, it just makes you feel somewhat better about your argument.

Wow, Im a little surprised I have to explain this but, it does matter in the sense that it shows that Phil isnt really concerned with some notion that he's preserving some concept of the beautiful game as much as its clearly that he has ulterior motives. Theres no way Phil can reconcile what he's saying about Garnett with how Fisher plays. And this becomes an issue because you tried to treat Phils comments as though there was some legitimacy to them. Sorry, but if that were true, Fisher wouldnt even see any playing time.

J4KOP99
06-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Wow, Im a little surprised I have to explain this but, it does matter in the sense that it shows that Phil isnt really concerned with some notion that he's preserving some concept of the beautiful game as much as its clearly that he has ulterior motives. Theres no way Phil can reconcile what he's saying about Garnett with how Fisher plays. And this becomes an issue because you tried to treat Phils comments as though there was some legitimacy to them. Sorry, but if that were true, Fisher wouldnt even see any playing time.

Alright, I was giving you some credit but after this I have to ask you...

How do you see Fisher being a dirty player?

I watch him during every game and I don't see him taking cheap shots on a nightly basis, he doesn't trip people or try to take them out on screens... (You saw him light up Luis Scola and now you want to call him a dirty player?)

Instead, he goes hard around screens(nothing dirty here) tries to draw calls(in some cases flopping, in others legitimate plays) and ultimately is a veteran player who knows the short-cuts and the game as well as anyone in the league.

If you want to compare Derek Fisher and Kevin Garnett as being equally "dirty" then I'm not wasting my time arguing this.

Fisher is the President of the Players Association for christ sake. Obviously the rest of the league doesn't see him in the same light as you.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Alright, I was giving you some credit but after this I have to ask you...

How do you see Fisher being a dirty player?

I watch him during every game and I don't see him taking cheap shots on a nightly basis, he doesn't trip people or try to take them out on screens... (You saw him light up Luis Scola and now you want to call him a dirty player?)

Instead, he goes hard around screens(nothing dirty here) tries to draw calls(in some cases flopping, in others legitimate plays) and ultimately is a veteran player who knows the short-cuts and the game as well as anyone in the league.

If you want to compare Derek Fisher and Kevin Garnett as being equally "dirty" then I'm not wasting my time arguing this.

Fisher is the President of the Players Association for christ sake. Obviously the rest of the league doesn't see him in the same light as you.

Thats good because Im not saying theyre equally dirty. Im saying that Fishers dirtier by far.

J4KOP99
06-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Thats good because Im not saying theyre equally dirty. Im saying that Fishers dirtier by far.

Oh my god... you're so crazy. You have a lot of credibility with those points you are making.

mikantsass
06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Phil is the biggest crybaby whinny biotch in all of sports. He is a major reason I hate the Lakers soooooo much. Grow a set Phil. Now I know why your team is so soft. Stop being a little girl.

JNA17
06-02-2010, 01:16 PM
The only thing not tainted in the New England area is the clam chowder...and even that is pending review.

please tell me this part is not true. i just went to boston 3 weeks ago and had a clam chowder there... :speechless:

smith&wesson
06-02-2010, 01:16 PM
phils just planting his seeds so the refs make more calls on kg's dirty plays.

LA_Raiders
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Those beaners are dirty as ****, I hope we get the calls this time...

KG should have been suspended for smacking Supermans arm...twice...

**** Stern...

RipVW
06-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Those beaners are dirty as ****, I hope we get the calls this time...

KG should have been suspended for smacking Supermans arm...twice...

**** Stern...

Were Laker fans clamoring for Kobe to be suspended when he elbowed Artest in the throat?

hugepatsfan
06-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Were Laker fans clamoring for Kobe to be suspended when he elbowed Artest in the throat?

I'm going to guess no. That was just tough basketball after all. Doesn't he have a habit of throwing elbows? Is he "dirty," Laker fans?

Shady66
06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
lol if Rivers said that, this whole thread would be hating towards him. But since it was Jackson that said it, its very true and no hate.

Also somebody talking about Fisher being dirtier than KG, I agree. KG is more blatent, but everytime fisher comes off a screen he hits players everytime. And then he flops lol.

hugepatsfan
06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
lol if Rivers said that, this whole thread would be hating towards him. But since it was Jackson that said it, its very true and no hate.

Also somebody talking about Fisher being dirtier than KG, I agree. KG is more blatent, but everytime fisher comes off a screen he hits players everytime. And then he flops lol.

I would tell Doc to stop whining. There is no place for it at all, IMO.

3RDASYSTEM
06-02-2010, 01:52 PM
So if someone calls Phil a bad coach everybody says he has 10 CHIPS and wat not....then how come the same exact coach pouts about DURANT FT attempts, NASH's carrying dribble, and now KG's physical/dirty play, when he has the biggest crybaby who throws his arms or screams AAAYYY(PAU also) after many non calls and gets no techs, he damn near carries and travels on most of his moves and he also closelined/punched GINOBILI a couple times and also hit ARTEST hard enough to where ARTEST came at him during that playoff game last season and he totally backdowned....i thought TOUGHNESS comes from your ''LEADER''..so whos the LAKERS leader PAU/KOBE/PHIL...whoever yall pick, i would say D.FISHER is but i would lose cause its not the popular vote, the teams toughness is a reflection of the leader and i alwayz hear the PAU soft lines...KOBE has the ''play thru injury toughness'' just dont know if he got that X.MCDANIEL/ARTEST/OAKLEY/MJ toughness...matter of fact i know he dont...but he's tested so he has toughened up a lil bit over time, jus not naturally like the others i mentioned....playoff wars will make u tougher,but your tru toughness comes from within from day one not by dreaming or trying to channel your idol's tendecies/manners

RipVW
06-02-2010, 01:55 PM
FWIW, I dont have a problem with what Phil is doing. But it should be looked at for what it is and nothing more.

ko8e24
06-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Phil is 3/3 for so far (in terms of getting the win). He'll make it 4/4. :)

1st rd-Durant free throw line, getting love from refs.

2nd rd-Jazz's play called "muck up" and the whole refs falling prey to Utah crowd.

3rd rd-Nash carrying the ball.

4th rd-KG the hacker and his infamous illegal picks on practically every defesive sequence for the Celtics.

lakersrock
06-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Officials and league offices buy what Phil is selling EVERY YEAR, so why should Phil stop now?

I don't recall them buying it two years ago when LA got beaten to death with about 1/5 of the fouls, moving screens and 3 in the lanes actually called against Boston.

They beat up everyone and get away with it......and everybody knows it.

lakersrock
06-02-2010, 04:08 PM

I do think you mean chest and accidentally typed throat. Every single replayed clearly showed his elbow landing where there was jersey....in other words, his chest. You also forgot to mention Artest was laying on him, pulling his other arm and about to pancake him to the floor.

dodie53
06-02-2010, 09:27 PM
ho hum

kvrnm
06-02-2010, 09:35 PM

no **** sherlock,,, he suckd,,, only reason he was in the L was cause he was a freak back than with his size

Raph12
06-02-2010, 11:29 PM
He said Durant gets phantom calls, Nash carries the ball when he dribbles and now the Celts foul too much; he's just saying bs to get the refs to focus on certain things throughout the series, it's strategy.

Jenceman
06-03-2010, 02:52 AM
no **** sherlock,,, he suckd,,, only reason he was in the L was cause he was a freak back than with his size

He started for a team that went .500. And he won 2 championships. He averaged 11 and 6 one season and 11 and 8 in another. Hardly sucking. He was serviceable.

ARMIN12NBA
06-03-2010, 03:04 AM

He is 6 feet 8 inches. Hardly a freak with his size. He was an All-American in college and had a few good years in the pros. He was a solid player and the sixth man for the 1973 Knicks NBA Championship squad. He hardly sucked...

ohreally
06-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Phil was actually more about defense, with his long arms and sharp elbows. Phil was the king of elbows, and he's taught his guys well. Just look at Cartwright as a Knick and then as a Bull for the most obvious example.

Phil as a coach has always been about getting every advantage he can. He does the whining and videos to the NBA and he plays a psych job on the opposing team. Both have been remarkably successful.

Using Garnett's slapping of Dwight's arm though? That's weak. Garnet isn't my favorite player, but in that series I thought Dwight was more out of control. He was blatantly using his elbows and putting his weight and muscle on people way more than was necessary.

Avenged
06-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Garnett doesn't seem to mind, he said it's just Phil playing mind games. Relax guys.

CLASSOF72
06-03-2010, 11:39 AM
PJ is right and don't want to wait till game 3 again to have the refs call a decent game against the well known style of the c's play. If the ref's called a reasonable game on the c's their key players would be in foul trouble all night. PJ knows what to expect fron the c's and he wants the league to know it.

wizardsfan3
06-03-2010, 12:06 PM
lmao I'm just laughing too hard how you said Phil was a bad coach...I just want to know how he's a bad coach

AntiG
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Phil is just admitting that the Lakers are soft.

BOSTON617
06-03-2010, 12:12 PM

this

CLASSOF72
06-03-2010, 12:22 PM

Duh, the Lakers key match up (Pau vs Garnet) is soft for LA, PJ knows that, he's not stupid, he knows he needs to make room for the Spaniard and he's doing his thing. KG can't win playing honest D aand PJ knows it so he trying to shed some light on the truth here and put presure on the refs to check KG sooner rather than later. Glad to see you guys are up to speed on Pau