PDA

View Full Version : How much will the Bulls improve with a consolation Player.

fairandbalanced
06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
The Bulls are in the running for a major Super Star, most notably, Lebron James. There have been a lot of speculation among analysts and most would argue that Chicago is the best landing spot for Lebron. However, it's very likely the Bulls won't get Lebron, Bosh or even D wade. They may have to settle for Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer or maybe Tracy Mcgrady, will the addition of any of the C list stars make them a contender?

97NYer
06-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Joe Johnson would make them at least top 5-6 east team. I think he would be a good fit in Chicago.

Rose
Johnson
Deng
Gibson
Noah

gwrighter
06-01-2010, 08:15 PM
The bulls need a Scoring post player. you guys already have a sick slasher in Drose.

RaptorizedKevin
06-01-2010, 08:19 PM
you cannot predict how much they will imrpove, because you cant judge a team by paper, yu need to see actual gameplay together to make conclutions. \

thescore53
06-01-2010, 08:28 PM
you cannot predict how much they will imrpove, because you cant judge a team by paper, yu need to see actual gameplay together to make conclutions. if the bulls get a scoring post prescance like amare or bosh thye should improve heavily on their weakness.

contradiction much

BkOriginalOne
06-01-2010, 08:45 PM
How can you put Tmac on a list with Joe Johnson and Boozer and then call that list a "C" list.
Those are B list stars, Tmac is C list.

Aside from that, They can decent, but whoever they get needs to play hard defend and be able to shoot from the outside.
If only Joe Johnson could lock down defenders.
I say they forget it and go big. They can always draft experienced perimeter players who can step right in and play. Draft a Salmons type player and their rotation could get them buy.

There's a always Allen Iverson, Tmac or even Vince Carter if things don't work out :-X

SteveNash
06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
If they only get Tracy McGrady they're screwed.

RaptorizedKevin
06-01-2010, 09:40 PM
contradiction much

ha yu got me.

sean17c
06-01-2010, 09:48 PM
they were a 5 seed last year

1 player and their top 4

redzone11
06-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Depends who they get, with Bosh they could be a contender in the east. As long as the team meshes well with their new coach they could be very good. Noah, Rose, and Deng is a good core. If they are able to add Bosh or Amare I think the team could vastly improve.

RipVW
06-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Depends who they get, with Bosh they could be a contender in the east. As long as the team meshes well with their new coach they could be very good. Noah, Rose, and Deng is a good core. If they are able to add Bosh or Amare I think the team could vastly improve.

Im not so sure Amare would be a good fit. He's not exactly stalwart on defense and last year the Bulls led the league in rebounding. Signing someone like Lee who would be more complimentary and situational would make more sense. If they needed to sit Amare because of his lack of defense, there will be problems because Amare expects to play.

BTW, some of your takes are amusing.

BullySixChicago
06-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Howard a top 5 center all time man please apparently you never heard of
Chamberlain
Jabber
Russell
Thurmond
Malone
Olajuwon
Shaq
Reed
Ewing
Robinson
Parish
al these guys played center did you see any of them play besides Shaq and Howard if you did youy would have never made that statement

ItsTheLastAce
06-01-2010, 10:03 PM
^ ??? :confused:

SteveNash
06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Howard a top 5 center all time man please apparently you never heard of
Chamberlain
Jabber
Russell
Thurmond
Malone
Olajuwon
Shaq
Reed
Ewing
Robinson
Parish
al these guys played center did you see any of them play besides Shaq and Howard if you did youy would have never made that statement

Dwight 2 DPOY awards.

Chamberlain
Jabber
Russell
Thurmond
Malone
Olajuwon
Shaq
Reed
Ewing
Robinson
Parish

3 DPOY awards COMBINED.

PC
06-01-2010, 10:14 PM

1 player and their top 4

They were the 8 seed this past season...

redzone11
06-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Im not so sure Amare would be a good fit. He's not exactly stalwart on defense and last year the Bulls led the league in rebounding. Signing someone like Lee who would be more complimentary and situational would make more sense. If they needed to sit Amare because of his lack of defense, there will be problems because Amare expects to play.

BTW, some of your takes are amusing.

???

You are the Bulls fan so you know the situation more than me. But Amare would be a great fit with Rose, just as he has been with Nash for plenty of years. The Bulls would help cover up for his lack of rebounding, but they still are a terrible defensive team, adding a terrible defensive 4 wouldn't help the 106 opp ppg. So now really looking at it Amare really wouldn't be the best fit.

Lee fits in with the rebounding, it will be interesting to see how he fits in offensively in a more conventional style of offense compared to D' Antonio's style.

mavwar53
06-01-2010, 10:23 PM
The Bulls are in the running for a major Super Star, most notably, Lebron James. There have been a lot of speculation among analysts and most would argue that Chicago is the best landing spot for Lebron. However, it's very likely the Bulls won't get Lebron, Bosh or even D wade. They may have to settle for Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer or maybe Tracy Mcgrady, will the addition of any of the C list stars make them a contender?

When did boozer and JJ become C list starts, they are the second teir players in Free Agency and the league, therefore if we are gonna follow the alphabet they would be B list players, while McGrady is a D at best, personally I think he is an F.

Ray_R
06-01-2010, 10:28 PM
:confused:

1 player and their top 4

Tufnel_11
06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Dwight 2 DPOY awards.

Chamberlain
Jabber
Russell
Thurmond
Malone
Olajuwon
Shaq
Reed
Ewing
Robinson
Parish

3 DPOY awards COMBINED.

So there you have it, DPOY is the ultimate measuring stick of all-time great basketball players. Centers no longer need to score or lead their teams in the playoffs, only block a shot when they feel like it. Apparently the playoffs mean nothing. The above names should be ashamed. They only combined for 30+ NBA championships. Dwight has zero. :(

hugepatsfan
06-01-2010, 10:36 PM

1 player and their top 4

:facepalm:

hvg
06-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Dwight 2 DPOY awards.

Chamberlain
Jabber
Russell
Thurmond
Malone
Olajuwon
Shaq
Reed
Ewing
Robinson
Parish

3 DPOY awards COMBINED.

1. The DPOY award didn't start until the 1982-83 season (or Russell would have like 8 of them).
2. Defense isn't everything. By your logic, Ben Wallace would be better than all those players with his 4 DPOY wins.

Sorry to detract from the thread topic.

NBAfan4life
06-01-2010, 10:44 PM
You guys should realise that dude only has the dwight howard is a top 5 all time player in his sig because he lost a bet. I dont think he actually agrees with it.

xxxplicit69
06-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Joe Johnson would make them at least top 5-6 east team. I think he would be a good fit in Chicago.

Rose
Johnson
Deng
Gibson
Noah

we would be a better team with johnson and boozer. that should be feisable, I'm not too confident in the Bulls if they roll with Gibson as their starting PF.

avrpatsfan
06-01-2010, 11:01 PM

1 player and their top 4
You mean 8th seed?

xxxplicit69
06-01-2010, 11:06 PM
???

You are the Bulls fan so you know the situation more than me. But Amare would be a great fit with Rose, just as he has been with Nash for plenty of years. The Bulls would help cover up for his lack of rebounding, but they still are a terrible defensive team, adding a terrible defensive 4 wouldn't help the 106 opp ppg. So now really looking at it Amare really wouldn't be the best fit.
Lee fits in with the rebounding, it will be interesting to see how he fits in offensively in a more conventional style of offense compared to D' Antonio's style.

Great point but if the Bulls added Amare and one other player, we could score over 106ppg thus being able to win several games even with a D that gave up 106ppg, ask phoenix (regular season wins).

The biggest problems with the Bulls to me had more to do with their lack of scoring than it did their defense. And ever since Curry left, the Bulls have had problems scoring in the paint and having good post play.

D1JM
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM

1 player and their top 4

wtf.

mudvayne387
06-01-2010, 11:25 PM

1 player and their top 4

Hmmm, I think your counting is a bit off

RipVW
06-01-2010, 11:35 PM
???

The comment "your takes" comment was addressing the collective and not you specifically. Its like people dont even really know their weakness(es).

JordansBulls
06-01-2010, 11:36 PM

give us Joe Johnson and Amare or Joe Johnson and Boozer and I'd be content.

redzone11
06-01-2010, 11:45 PM
The comment "your takes" comment was addressing the collective and not you specifically. Its like people dont even really know their weakness(es).

Ah makes sense my b haha

sean17c
06-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Hmmm, I think your counting is a bit off

they were in the 5th seed ALL YEAR UNTIL NOAH ROSE AND!! DENG GOT HURT

then they lost ten games. when everyone was healthy again we won 8 of out last 10

they are a 5th seed team

u guys got it now??

hugepatsfan
06-02-2010, 11:26 AM

then they lost ten games. when everyone was healthy again we won 8 of out last 10

they are a 5th seed team

u guys got it now??

The Celtics were the 1 seed (27-3). Then guys started getting hurt. But you don't see people saying the Finals are a matchup of 1 seeds because the Celtics are a 4 seed. Just like the Bulls are an 8 seed.

mikantsass
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM

they are a 5th seed team

u guys got it now??

Nope they were an 8 seed. Injuries are part of the game. Boston was a #1 seed until injuries set in. Denver was a 2 seed until Karl started missing games etc... You cant say the Bulls were a 5 seed when they finished 8th.

On the topic, I think the addition of Johnson or Boozer makes them better. Johnson would be my #1 pick (if Bosh Wade and Lebron go elsewhere) because the Bulls need a wing player and he is an ENORMOUS upgrade over Hinrich. Even though I think Gibson will be a nice player, Boozer is a pretty big upgrade over Taj (and Taj will be good coming off the bench). So I do think the Bulls get a lot better even if the miss out on the top 3 FA's.

KmB728
06-02-2010, 11:55 AM

they are a 5th seed team

u guys got it now??

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

ballpd05
06-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Dwight 2 DPOY awards.

Chamberlain (4 MVP, 1 Finals MVP, 2 championships, scored 100 in a game)
Jabber (6 NBA MVPs, 2 Finals MVPs, 6 championships, all time leader in pts)
Russell (5 NBA MVPs, 1 All Star MVP, 11 championships)
Thurmond
Malone (3 NBA MVPs, 1 Finals MVP, 1 championship)
Olajuwon (1 NBA MVP, 2 Finals MVPs, 2 DPOY)
Shaq (1 NBA MVP, 3 Finals MVPs, 3 All-Star MVPs, 4 championships)
Reed (1 NBA MVP, 2 Finals MVPs)
Ewing
Robinson (1 NBA MVP, 1 DPOY, 2 championships)
Parish (4 championships)

3 DPOY awards COMBINED.

Edited

RipVW
06-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Nope they were an 8 seed. Injuries are part of the game. Boston was a #1 seed until injuries set in. Denver was a 2 seed until Karl started missing games etc... You cant say the Bulls were a 5 seed when they finished 8th.

On the topic, I think the addition of Johnson or Boozer makes them better. Johnson would be my #1 pick (if Bosh Wade and Lebron go elsewhere) because the Bulls need a wing player and he is an ENORMOUS upgrade over Hinrich. Even though I think Gibson will be a nice player, Boozer is a pretty big upgrade over Taj (and Taj will be good coming off the bench). So I do think the Bulls get a lot better even if the miss out on the top 3 FA's.

You clearly can since thats what he did. ;-)

beasted86
06-02-2010, 12:35 PM

1 player and their top 4

Please don't tell me you are talking about that 1 month long span. :facepalm:

The Heat, and Bucks spent way more time at the 5th spot than the Bulls.

camador22
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM
give us Joe Johnson and Amare or Joe Johnson and Boozer and I'd be content.

Since when do the Bulls have enough for two max contracts :confused:. I keep hearing Bulls fans say mention 2 max agents but how???? Joe Johnson would make a very good addition but anyone who gets him will over pay. List of B players that would help the Bulls go like this Boozer>J.J>Lee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McGrady. With Boozer or J.J the Bulls would be 4th or 5th seed depending if LeBron and J.J leave.

fairandbalanced
06-02-2010, 01:24 PM
When did boozer and JJ become C list starts, they are the second teir players in Free Agency and the league, therefore if we are gonna follow the alphabet they would be B list players, while McGrady is a D at best, personally I think he is an F.

A list: Kobe, Lebron, Wade and Howard
B list: Melo, Bosh, Nowitski
C list: Boozer, Joe Johnson.....

mikantsass
06-02-2010, 01:33 PM

Since when are Kobe, Howard, and Melo free agents?

LA_Raiders
06-02-2010, 01:35 PM
I think they will end up with Joe & either:

Bosh/Booz/Amare

Either one of those 3 + Joe will make them a contender IMO...

Rose
Johnson
Deng
Bosh/Booz/Amare
Noah

MacFitz92
06-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Dwight 2 DPOY awards.

Chamberlain
Jabber
Russell
Thurmond
Malone
Olajuwon
Shaq
Reed
Ewing
Robinson
Parish

3 DPOY awards COMBINED.

Most, if not all of those guys, could score twice as well as Dwight and then some.

MacFitz92
06-02-2010, 01:43 PM

I think Kevin Durant might have something to say about this.

R.I.P.#34
06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Since when do the Bulls have enough for two max contracts :confused:. I keep hearing Bulls fans say mention 2 max agents but how???? Joe Johnson would make a very good addition but anyone who gets him will over pay. List of B players the around at would help the Bulls go like this Boozer>J.J>Lee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McGrady. With Boozer or J.J the Bulls would be 4th or 5th seed depending if LeBron and J.J leave.

They only have enough space for one max free agent, (I think they have about 22 million), but I think people are considering possible sign and trades for a second player. The bulls can put together a fairly enticing sign and trade package with either Hinrich or Deng and possibly Gibson.

Southsideheat
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Sign and Trade for Bosh for a draft pick and Taj Gibson.

Sign J.J. Reddick for around 5 years/33 million dollars.

Rose/Hinrich
Reddick/ (#17 pick this year)
Deng/ Johnson
Bosh/ MLE
Noah/ Asik

That would be an interesting team.

Sly Guy
06-02-2010, 02:20 PM
impossible to say without knowing where the other players land.

sean17c
06-02-2010, 02:50 PM
bulls will get lebron

carter15
06-02-2010, 03:29 PM
dwight howard > anyone else

maddBat
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
i think u guys shuda kept ben gordon. hes dying in detroit.

UK Ivy
06-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Sign and Trade for Bosh for a draft pick and Taj Gibson.

Sign J.J. Reddick for around 5 years/33 million dollars.

Rose/Hinrich
Reddick/ (#17 pick this year)
Deng/ Johnson
Bosh/ MLE
Noah/ Asik

That would be an interesting team.

we dont have a MLE this year, I think a sign ad trade of Next years first and Taj Gibson would be a good sign for Boozer

then sign Joe Johnson and draft a good defensive SG, and sign another outside threat along with bringing Asik over

Rose/Hinrich
Joe Johnson/17 Pick/Hinrich
Deng/James Johnson
Boozer/Noah
Noah/Asik or Brad Miller

I think thats a 2nd to 3rd seed to me.

DaBUU
06-02-2010, 06:01 PM

He'll live

iFYouSeekAmy
06-03-2010, 12:25 AM
It'd be funny if the Nets thought ahead and spoiled free agency for Chicago.

effen5
06-03-2010, 12:40 PM

We offered him 2-3 generous contracts the past couple of years...he said no. Screw him.