PDA

View Full Version : LeBron to Larry King: The Cavs have an edge over all other teams

Boston Faithful
06-01-2010, 04:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5238743

LeBron James told CNN's Larry King that the Cleveland Cavaliers "have an edge" when it comes to signing him when the free agency period begins on July 1.

James answered "absolutely" when asked by King if Cleveland has an edge to re-sign him due to his familiarity with the team. The interview was taped Tuesday and will air Friday on CNN's "Larry King Live," capping the program's 25th anniversary celebration on the network.

"Absolutely. Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years. And, you know, for me, it's comfortable. So I've got a lot of memories here. And -- and so it does have an edge," James told King.

Venomous88
06-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm not surprised, but it would be pretty anti climatic. sounds realistic though

RadiantShot
06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Be quiet LeBron.
Like Joakim said.
"I ain't ever hear anyone say they're going to Cleveland."

jeter 2
06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
What do you expect him to say?

mikantsass
06-01-2010, 04:52 PM
They can offer him the most $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, of coarse they have an edge!

smith&wesson
06-01-2010, 04:57 PM
i wonder if lebron took a crap today. or wade. or bosh. i wonder if they all did it together holding hands maybe amare joined them, or joe johnson. i wonder if they sang kumbaya while they were holding hands.

AI4MVP
06-01-2010, 05:08 PM
lebron just needs to go somehwere where he can win championships so they cant make that excuse against him anymore

td0tsfinest
06-01-2010, 06:42 PM
It doesn't really surprise me he said that. I think you could say the same for the all the other FAs but at the end of the day, they're going to do whats best for them to win a championship.

Kakaroach
06-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Not only do they have an advantage in that regard, they also can offer him 30 more million than anyone else can.

Sixerlover
06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Of course he would say that. It's politics

avrpatsfan
06-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Not surprising. But of course he would say that. Why would he say he has New York has an edge? It's would be bad business on his part.

jackdawson
06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
So I have been one of those few people who thinks LeBron will sign a 3 year deal with the cavs to give it another shot. In three years he will be 28, just like Wade now. He will easily get a max deal when he turns 28.

fins08
06-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Surprise!

ldc62
06-01-2010, 07:32 PM
this certainly throws a curve ball into things... Unless Wade or Bosh join him, I can't see Lebron winning a championship with his team (Amare sucks so please don't remind me: Just watch Lakers series game 6).

RaptorsFanatic
06-01-2010, 07:34 PM
You know what bothers me, when people just say "doesn't surprise me" so they feel like they know everything, whether or not it really surprised them or not. LeBron saying this definitely beefs up the talks, and this should change people's outlook.

joe j.09
06-01-2010, 07:43 PM
hes going back to cleveland for 3 years.

joe j.09
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
he just loves the hhype of this big SUPRISE

USMCLaker
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Pc

Pierzynski4Prez
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Not only do they have an advantage in that regard, they also can offer him 30 more million than anyone else can.

True to an extent, but I hate when people use this as a reason.

They can offer 30 million, because they can add 1 year on. But the average salary is only like between 1-2 million more per year. People like Lebron won't have a problem getting another contract when this one is up, so that extra year doesn't really mean that much.

Basically cavs can offer like 6 years, 125
Anyone else can offer 5 years, 95. Then add 1st year of next contract, and its like 112-115 over the same length of time. Of if he gets paid like Kobe, 120-125. So hardly any real difference in terms of how much they will make anyways.

prodigy
06-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Well lets be real, There are 70+ reasons for him to stay. Everything from this is his home to The cities foundation money wise. Cleveland has takin HUGE leaps the last 7 years, If he leaves that could all come falling down and Cleveland could go back into a depression like state.

There are maybe 2 reasons for him to leave, and that depends on what team your talking about. maybe Spike Lee could put him in a movie? lol. MAYBE the team he goes too would win a championship? Thats really it.

Raidaz4Life
06-01-2010, 07:58 PM
That doesn't mean he "wants" to sign there. He was simply being diplomatic.

cubs0707
06-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Well lets be real, There are 70+ reasons for him to stay. Everything from this is his home to The cities foundation money wise. Cleveland has takin HUGE leaps the last 7 years, If he leaves that could all come falling down and Cleveland could go back into a depression like state.

There are maybe 2 reasons for him to leave, and that depends on what team your talking about. maybe Spike Lee could put him in a movie? lol. MAYBE the team he goes too would win a championship? Thats really it.

thats the biggest reason of all

urnuttynut
06-01-2010, 08:26 PM
What really bothers me is that everyone keeps saying the Cavs can offer him 30 million dollars more.
.... technically... no

cause it's 30mil more on a contract that goes 1 more year.... how much do you think lebron would make on a new contract after the one he signs with a different team? like 16 or 17, maybe more since he'll be older (dont know the exact rule of the NBA, i just know longer your around, more money you can make).
So it's really like 13 million more in cleveland.

prodigy
06-01-2010, 08:32 PM
What really bothers me is that everyone keeps saying the Cavs can offer him 30 million dollars more.
.... technically... no

cause it's 30mil more on a contract that goes 1 more year.... how much do you think lebron would make on a new contract after the one he signs with a different team? like 16 or 17, maybe more since he'll be older (dont know the exact rule of the NBA, i just know longer your around, more money you can make).
So it's really like 13 million more in Cleveland.

Well Cleveland can always offer more money then any other team. No matter how long the contract is. He wants to be a billionaire, last time I checked you needed money to do that. Every million helps.

prodigy
06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
thats the biggest reason of all

But is the MAYBE worth leaving the 70+ reasons Cleveland offers? thats the Question. Its not like the Cleveland teams have been trash. They could win championships also.

hgtiger32
06-01-2010, 08:41 PM
LBJ23 is saying that to make teams like the Nets, Knicks, Mavs, etc. freak and really schmooze him. i think it would be really interesting if someone could figure out how much more money marketing wise he would make in the NY market, it be interesting

NYKnicksNYJets
06-01-2010, 10:18 PM
of course clevelend has an edge cause lebron grew up there and would probably want to stay for his career. he can make the most money from the team there but if this is about money new york gives you the most money. LETS GO KNICKS!!!!!

Venomous88
06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
You know what bothers me, when people just say "doesn't surprise me" so they feel like they know everything, whether or not it really surprised them or not. LeBron saying this definitely beefs up the talks, and this should change people's outlook.Sounds like a personal problem. Just because I don't believe all the hype that he will move, I have to be surprised?

Master Mind
06-01-2010, 10:25 PM
First of all why is he on Larry King discussing free agency? Wow talk about the most hyped/praised player ever!

Dieselpi
06-01-2010, 10:29 PM
of course he will say this, its all tactics. You are never going to say a team isnt in the running. Plus lets be honest, if he was really in love with the cavs.... he wouldnt even be going free agent.

_KB24_
06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
A very slight edge at the most.

pacofunk64
06-01-2010, 10:45 PM
*cough*bull$h1t*cough*

Dieselpi
06-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Well Cleveland can always offer more money then any other team. No matter how long the contract is. He wants to be a billionaire, last time I checked you needed money to do that. Every million helps.

lets be realistic here, he isnt going to become a billionaire based on nba contracts alone.

Lord Leoshes
06-02-2010, 12:12 AM
If he does not come down to Miami to join Wade, then i'd prefer for him to stay just where he's at in CLV, as long as he doesn't land in CHI, or the NYN, i'll be content.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Ive seen the entire transcript and there's also one point where he says he cant let sentiment interfere with his decision, more specifically as it relates to buoying the Cleveland economy.

Also, he says that going a place where winning mulitple titles is most possible is his biggest priority.

jeter 2
06-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. He also said:

He also plans to meet with Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and others in a star-studded summit of free agents to talk about their future plans.

“I am the ringleader,” James told King.

"But at the same time, it’s not always about the city. It’s about winning. If you put me and Bosh on the same team, if you put me and Dwayne Wade on the same team, a lot of teams would be much better."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lebron-larrykinginterview

tjlipford
06-02-2010, 01:11 AM
He is not going to **** on the city. People kill me on here acting like they know where he is going to go. First it was NY and NJ fans now it is Chicago fans. Yall just play into the media hype just like everybody else.

jackdawson
06-02-2010, 01:44 AM
He is not going to **** on the city. People kill me on here acting like they know where he is going to go. First it was NY and NJ fans now it is Chicago fans. Yall just play into the media hype just like everybody else.

True that. Some people are on LeBron's dick like there's no tomorrow, specially #$!@# fans!:facepalm::facepalm:

RocketsRule
06-02-2010, 01:48 AM

The truth is no one knows where he is going to go. So you can't really say he's anything, whether it be he is staying or leaving.

That being said, I think he'll leave. There's a good chance he stays, but the ending he had in Cleveland was not a very good one.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-02-2010, 09:24 AM
lets not get ahead of ourselves. He also said:

bingo........

Jetsguy
06-02-2010, 09:59 AM
if I were a Bulls fan I would say who cares what LBJ said I know a guy who knows a guy who saw him house hunting in Chicago so he is obviously coming here :p

JNA17
06-02-2010, 10:01 AM
knicks and bulls fans shed in tears

Mochalman
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
of course they are in the hunt. who isn't in the hunt for LBJ? he will consider all possibilities but he will still end up leaving.

oak2455
06-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Is it July 1st yet this is the 1000000000000000000000000000 LBJ thread which says nothing:confused:

king4day
06-02-2010, 11:02 AM
lebron just needs to go somehwere where he can win championships so they cant make that excuse against him anymore

Phoenix sounds like a glorious place :)

oak2455
06-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Phoenix sounds like a glorious place :)

Fix your sig the Yankees are 12 games over:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Da Knicks
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
A good place to burn up and get pulled over by the border patrol:facepalm:

beasted86
06-02-2010, 12:39 PM
He needs to stay in Cleveland.

As much as I'd like to see him in a Heat jersey, he means too much to the city of Cleveland. Also his legacy will forver be tarnished by leaving the Cavs.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 12:50 PM
He needs to stay in Cleveland.

As much as I'd like to see him in a Heat jersey, he means too much to the city of Cleveland. Also his legacy will forver be tarnished by leaving the Cavs.

Not any more than Shaqs was for leaving Orlando.

nycericanguy
06-02-2010, 01:04 PM

thats what makes me feel he is leaning toward NY, he clearly wants to play with a 2nd max player, and NY is the only team that can offer him that unless he wanted to go to Miami with Wade.

69centers
06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
He makes two main points:

1) Cleveland has the edge.

2) He wants to go somewhere he can win multiple championships, and not just because of him.

#2 is key here, because while Cleveland has the edge, they would only have that edge if they added players he felt will give them an opportunity right now to win multiple titles. They do not have that squad right now, and you have to figure it will take 1 huge piece aside from James, or two decent pieces to put that in place. So, it sounds like if they add the right players he will stay, but if not, he's absolutely gone.

Now, about the gone part. The other key is he says "multiple titles" and "not just because of Lebron". That means his destination would have to be either a playoff caliber team already, with pieces close to winning it all, or a new team that adds Lebron and two players. I would almost have to say that this rules out the Nets and Knicks who are going to need a lot of players to add around him, because their current staff just won't cut it.

I think that easily gives Chicago the edge, as they are on the playoff bubble already without him, or some other playoff team we are not really figuring into the equation, who may somehow be able to free up room to get Lebron.

nycericanguy
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM

2) He wants to go somewhere he can win multiple championships, and not just because of him.

#2 is key here, because while Cleveland has the edge, they would only have that edge if they added players he felt will give them an opportunity right now to win multiple titles. They do not have that squad right now, and you have to figure it will take 1 huge piece aside from James, or two decent pieces to put that in place. So, it sounds like if they add the right players he will stay, but if not, he's absolutely gone.

Now, about the gone part. The other key is he says "multiple titles" and "not just because of Lebron". That means his destination would have to be either a playoff caliber team already, with pieces close to winning it all, or a new team that adds Lebron and two players. I would almost have to say that this rules out the Nets and Knicks who are going to need a lot of players to add around him, because their current staff just won't cut it.

I think that easily gives Chicago the edge, as they are on the playoff bubble already without him, or some other playoff team we are not really figuring into the equation, who may somehow be able to free up room to get Lebron.

not sure what makes you think that, he clearly is interested in playing with bosh or wade and even goes as far as saying ANY TEAM would be pretty good if they could get TWO of those guys.

RipVW
06-02-2010, 02:28 PM

The edge in terms of what? Does he mean in general terms? Or, does he mean in terms of sentiment? When you look at his answered and how it interfaced with the question he was asked, it seemed it could be in terms of sentiment. Later he goes on to say that he cant let sentiment affect his decision when he said he cant let Clevelands economy affect his decision.

oak2455
06-02-2010, 03:10 PM

And the Celtics had a good team before they picked up Garnett and the rest of your team:confused: So what makes the Knicks or even the Nets any different......

smith&wesson
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
lebrons going to retire as a cavalier. any one who doesnt think soo is feeding in to the media too much.

when you think of MJ you think of the bulls, when you think of magic you think of the lakers, when you think of bird you think of the celtics, when you think of kobe you think of the lakers, you see where im going with this ??

nycericanguy
06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
lebrons going to retire as a cavalier. any one who doesnt think soo is feeding in to the media too much.

when you think of MJ you think of the bulls, when you think of magic you think of the lakers, when you think of bird you think of the celtics, when you think of kobe you think of the lakers, you see where im going with this ??

true when you think of Shaq you think of...o wait, when you think of Nash you think of...o wait...

dude he might very well retire a CAV but if you don't think theres a chance he's leaving you are delusional. He has not talked about CLE as if he was staying, this is not something the media has created entirely.

harm0n1x
06-02-2010, 03:43 PM
i like this part the best:

James seemed intrigued by the Clippers and the chance to play near Hollywood.

Theyíve got some really good players. Some really nice, solid pieces that, if they add a free agent here or a free agent there, it could be a really good team. Itís a great city. But at the same time, itís not always about the city. Itís about winning. If you put me and Bosh on the same team, if you put me and Dwayne Wade on the same team, a lot of teams would be much better. You know, the Cavs would be much better.

the nightman
06-02-2010, 03:44 PM
if I were a Bulls fan I would say who cares what LBJ said I know a guy who knows a guy who saw him house hunting in Chicago so he is obviously coming here :p

If i was a Jets fan i would be embarrassed to have a dimwit like you representing my fanbase.

pebloemer
06-02-2010, 03:45 PM
True to an extent, but I hate when people use this as a reason.

They can offer 30 million, because they can add 1 year on. But the average salary is only like between 1-2 million more per year. People like Lebron won't have a problem getting another contract when this one is up, so that extra year doesn't really mean that much.

Basically cavs can offer like 6 years, 125
Anyone else can offer 5 years, 95. Then add 1st year of next contract, and its like 112-115 over the same length of time. Of if he gets paid like Kobe, 120-125. So hardly any real difference in terms of how much they will make anyways.

In a sport where many player's careers get ruined by injuries, an additional year at 30 million is not something to take for granted. It can be very little difference pending health; but the extra 30 million is very nice insurance and certainly can't be disregarded.

the nightman
06-02-2010, 03:47 PM
And the Celtics had a good team before they picked up Garnett and the rest of your team:confused: So what makes the Knicks or even the Nets any different......

The celtics already had a superstar and good role players, and they added two other superstars. The knicks have a 3rd option at best in Gallo and nothing else. Nets, however, are in a pretty good position. They have a great young core with brook lopez and devin harris, plus the 3rd pick in the draft. the bulls have a future superstar in derrick rose and a great center in joakim noah, not to mention many good role players.

hestar
06-02-2010, 04:01 PM
smokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee screennnnnnnnnnn

Tony_Starks
06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
No way he can leave after that debacle in the playoffs. His rep is at stake. He'll get a new big time coach, they'll make a couple of moves and call it a day.....

aperichak
06-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah, as an NBA fan I have to say if his ego as big as it is, he doesn't want his name and rep to be tarnished after the Cavs' playoff debacle. So with that being said, the best thing for him would be signing with the Cavs. Personally, I believe most, if not all people care about how they're viewed regardless if they say they care or not. I honestly believe he'll sign a 3 year deal with the Cavs and let New York, Chicago, ect sweat for 3 more years. By year 10 if he doesnt win in Cleveland, then I think he'll feel better about leaving. He'll only be 28, still in the prime of his career. And to the people who said the extra year on the max deal isnt worth anything, well just like someone else pointed out, with the way times are now and an injury can happen at any moment, that few extra million could go a long way. A lot of NBA players go broke within five years of retiring. Im not saying LeBron is destined for bankruptcy, but he is an awful flashy guy spending millions. Finally, every team that can sign him still has to build around him. That's something that's easier said than done. Yes, the even goes for the Cavs who obviously has to have some kind of roster tweaking this summer. And to those who say he isnt staying with the Cavs because he hasnt resigned yet nor has said he would is obviously dumb. It hurts the Cavs and LeBron himself if he signed or said he was. He's an attention whore, he's going to keep everything to himself at least until July 1st. Top to bottom, looking at the rosters as they stand, the Cavs have the slight edge over the Bulls, with LeBron on it. These are opinions based on some facts. What I think LeBron will do, and I know this has been said, is that he's going to wait and see what teams do.

nycericanguy
06-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, as an NBA fan I have to say if his ego as big as it is, he doesn't want his name and rep to be tarnished after the Cavs' playoff debacle. So with that being said, the best thing for him would be signing with the Cavs. Personally, I believe most, if not all people care about how they're viewed regardless if they say they care or not. I honestly believe he'll sign a 3 year deal with the Cavs and let New York, Chicago, ect sweat for 3 more years. By year 10 if he doesnt win in Cleveland, then I think he'll feel better about leaving. He'll only be 28, still in the prime of his career. And to the people who said the extra year on the max deal isnt worth anything, well just like someone else pointed out, with the way times are now and an injury can happen at any moment, that few extra million could go a long way. A lot of NBA players go broke within five years of retiring. Im not saying LeBron is destined for bankruptcy, but he is an awful flashy guy spending millions. Finally, every team that can sign him still has to build around him. That's something that's easier said than done. Yes, the even goes for the Cavs who obviously has to have some kind of roster tweaking this summer. And to those who say he isnt staying with the Cavs because he hasnt resigned yet nor has said he would is obviously dumb. It hurts the Cavs and LeBron himself if he signed or said he was. He's an attention whore, he's going to keep everything to himself at least until July 1st. Top to bottom, looking at the rosters as they stand, the Cavs have the slight edge over the Bulls, with LeBron on it. These are opinions based on some facts. What I think LeBron will do, and I know this has been said, is that he's going to wait and see what teams do.

he might sign a 3 year deal, but NY & CHI arent going to sit around for 3 years waiting for him, he wont have the same options or the same FA"s to pair with in 3 years, this is a once in a lifetime chance to pair up with another star with so many teams having cap space.

fairandbalanced
06-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Is he now on the same level as Jordan? Not just as a NBA Super Star like Kobe but someone that transcends the game like Jordan. The reason I brought this up is how the media covets his attention, they treat him like a golden boy who is above all in the world of sports.

albertc86
06-02-2010, 10:31 PM
I think he helps transcend the game but obviously not single-handedly as you alluded to.

DeyAce
06-02-2010, 10:32 PM
The King!!!!!

kobe24>lebron23
06-02-2010, 10:43 PM
in before close...

THE MTL
06-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Thats his home. But all im saying is iono know if the Cavs can get any better. This is as good as it will get. The team is stacked and couldnt even make it into the Eastern Conference championship.

69centers
06-03-2010, 12:03 AM
not sure what makes you think that, he clearly is interested in playing with bosh or wade and even goes as far as saying ANY TEAM would be pretty good if they could get TWO of those guys.

Bosh and Lebron, or Wade and Lebron are not enough alone to carry a team to multiple championships. To me, Rose, Deng, Noah and Lebron is a stronger lock on a championship than just Lebron going to Miami with Wade and virtually no one else. The key is when he said he wanted a team to be able to win multiple championships, and not just because of him. I take that to mean he needs a serious supporting cast. Even him and Bosh going to NY or NJ isn't even a lock that it will be a better team than this year's Cavs.

The edge in terms of what? Does he mean in general terms? Or, does he mean in terms of sentiment? When you look at his answered and how it interfaced with the question he was asked, it seemed it could be in terms of sentiment. Later he goes on to say that he cant let sentiment affect his decision when he said he cant let Clevelands economy affect his decision.

This is easy. The edge in terms of if he has a choice of 3 teams that all seem to have a good chance at winning a title, he would pick Cleveland out of those 3. Meaning if Cleveland said they will add xxxx player and yyyyy player, and he was choosing between that, Chicago, and Miami, then Cleveland should get the edge. They'd have the edge if they add people and compete with his title chances like some of the others teams are trying to do.

The Celtics had a future hall of famer (Pierce) already there, a young point guard (Rondo), and just added another hall of famer (Ray) when KG got traded there. Neither the Knicks nor Nets are starting out with as high a caliber player as Pierce. That's why I feel the Heat (with superstar Wade) or the Bulls (with Rose and some other solid role players) have a better shot than the Nets or Knicks, who would need to add at least 2 other high caliber people to even compete in the Lebron sweepstakes.

IMO, if Lebron were going to the Knicks or Nets, he'd need Bosh and some other all star like player to sign there along with him.

I think his best chances are:

1) Cleveland if they add some better quality people
2) A 1-4 seed from this year's playoffs from either conference, who can somehow pull off a deal to get him
3) Bulls
4) Miami
5) NY, LA Clippers, or NJ if they add 2 good stars with him
6) Cleveland if they can't add anyone much better than this year's squad

My 2 pick is if he had a chance to go to Dallas, Phoenix, Lakers, Celtics, Magic, Atlanta, or Denver, he'd be all over that instead of Bulls, Nets, Miami, NY, NJ, or Clippers. With salary issues, mostly all of these top teams would have to do a lot of finagling to free up space for him, so it's a long shot, however he would take the opportunity for sure if offered.

I pick Bulls over Miami simply because he has to know that Rose, Noah, and Lebron has a better title shot than just Wade and Lebron.

My last pick is if his own team doesn't help him out a lot with some big names to help, he's gone.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Be quiet LeBron.
Like Joakim said.
"I ain't ever hear anyone say they're going to Cleveland."

I'm going to Cleveland as a vacation. Joakim Noah is wrong.

IrespectNumber3
06-03-2010, 12:47 AM
My guess is this...Lebron won't sign until August...Late August, and hes probably going back to Cleveland...and the circus will be over

D1JM
06-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Bosh and Lebron, or Wade and Lebron are not enough alone to carry a team to multiple championships. To me, Rose, Deng, Noah and Lebron is a stronger lock on a championship than just Lebron going to Miami with Wade and virtually no one else. The key is when he said he wanted a team to be able to win multiple championships, and not just because of him. I take that to mean he needs a serious supporting cast. Even him and Bosh going to NY or NJ isn't even a lock that it will be a better team than this year's Cavs.

This is easy. The edge in terms of if he has a choice of 3 teams that all seem to have a good chance at winning a title, he would pick Cleveland out of those 3. Meaning if Cleveland said they will add xxxx player and yyyyy player, and he was choosing between that, Chicago, and Miami, then Cleveland should get the edge. They'd have the edge if they add people and compete with his title chances like some of the others teams are trying to do.

The Celtics had a future hall of famer (Pierce) already there, a young point guard (Rondo), and just added another hall of famer (Ray) when KG got traded there. Neither the Knicks nor Nets are starting out with as high a caliber player as Pierce. That's why I feel the Heat (with superstar Wade) or the Bulls (with Rose and some other solid role players) have a better shot than the Nets or Knicks, who would need to add at least 2 other high caliber people to even compete in the Lebron sweepstakes.

IMO, if Lebron were going to the Knicks or Nets, he'd need Bosh and some other all star like player to sign there along with him.

I think his best chances are:

1) Cleveland if they add some better quality people
2) A 1-4 seed from this year's playoffs from either conference, who can somehow pull off a deal to get him
3) Bulls
4) Miami
5) NY, LA Clippers, or NJ if they add 2 good stars with him
6) Cleveland if they can't add anyone much better than this year's squad

My 2 pick is if he had a chance to go to Dallas, Phoenix, Lakers, Celtics, Magic, Atlanta, or Denver, he'd be all over that instead of Bulls, Nets, Miami, NY, NJ, or Clippers. With salary issues, mostly all of these top teams would have to do a lot of finagling to free up space for him, so it's a long shot, however he would take the opportunity for sure if offered.

I pick Bulls over Miami simply because he has to know that Rose, Noah, and Lebron has a better title shot than just Wade and Lebron.

My last pick is if his own team doesn't help him out a lot with some big names to help, he's gone.

:clap::clap::clap: and from a celtics fan which makes it even sweeter

boriquaabe
06-03-2010, 03:29 AM
If Noah is shipped in a S&T for Bosh then Lebron would go to CHicago....

Cleveland has a 30million dollar edge....That's no secret.

sventhedog
06-03-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
He also plans to meet with Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and others in a star-studded summit of free agents to talk about their future plans.

ďI am the ringleader,Ē James told King.

"But at the same time, itís not always about the city. Itís about winning. If you put me and Bosh on the same team, if you put me and Dwayne Wade on the same team, a lot of teams would be much better."

i thought he also said he wants to win a title? but maybe he changed his mind in the playoffs? so it's up to you if you want to believe him. as far as i can remember, most of the things he says is anything to get people to talk about him.

JasonJohnHorn
06-03-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm a big fan of James and think he is the best player in the league and that he is a stand up guy, but it seems to me that his Larry King interview is a little ill timed. With the finals about to start, all the attention seems to be on James, his free agency, and his Larry king interview. Now I know that the media has been focused on this free agent market for over two years, and I know that with or without the Larry King interview, there would still be a ton of attention on the free agent market, but it seems to me that comments like what Wade made about getting in contact with other free agents, and LBJ's Larry King interview have really stoked the fire and have helped to draw even more attention away from the playoffs and the NBA finals. Since James isn't giving any clear cut answers anyway, I think it would have been more respectful of him to hold off until the finals were over before he started doing interviews of this nature. Guys like Bosh and Wade could also afford to keep such comments to themselves so that the media has less reason to go on and on about the free agent market and more reason to focus on what is hopefully going to be another classic NBA finals match up between two of the most successful NBA franchises in the history of the leauge. Though on a side note, i do think it was entirely appropiate of Bosh to privately give Toronto a list of potential destinations so that they might start preparing for a potential sign and trade.

Thoughts?

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 10:44 AM
It's similar to A-Rod during the 2007 WS.

RipVW
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
No, its not like ARod. LeBron did the interview on, what, Monday? That was early in the NBA's massive hiatus before the beginning of the finals. Did James choose or lobby for the interview to be aired on Friday? I somehow doubt it.

This boo hooing is really not fair.

Also, like it or not, LeBron's future destination is a huge story right now. It could potentially affect 2 of the top 3 media markets in the US as well as the future of the NBA. So, give me a break with this idea that people tread lightly with the finals going on.

Giaps
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgBUsMY.xoHNoOdZ.L1.jvq8vLYF?slug=aw-lebronshow060210

LeBron aims to upstage NBA Finals
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports Jun 2, 2:03 pm EDT

LOS ANGELES – Free agency was forever LeBron James’(notes) chase, the Championship of Me, and how fitting that he uses the most vacuous vehicle of our time – the “Larry King Show” – to upstage an NBA Finals rich with such history and substance. As the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers gather for a championship series to remind us of what built the league, what made it great, here’s LeBron James with a public ode on LeBron James.

“I’m the ringleader,” he told King.

Only, he has no rings.

No judgment.

No shame.

He was talking about the free-agent crop of stars, because that’s mostly what James has cared about for two years now. He tried to win a title with the Cleveland Cavaliers. He has surrounded himself with a collection of sycophants and incompetents, sneaker reps and childhood buddies and middlemen whom he calls his team. Somehow, they couldn’t let him stay quiet until the playoffs were over, until everyone had pushed past the way he disappeared in the conference semifinals. He did a vapid sit-down with King to air on Friday night, and they made sure to leak out a transcript that drones out the start of the NBA Finals.

In so many ways, he’s a young Alex Rodriguez, so insecure with himself and his MVP awards, so desperate to find validation in the courtship of free agency.

“He seems more enthusiastic about this than he did trying to beat the Celtics,” said one Western Conference GM. “I mean, who goes on Larry King to talk about ‘when I become a free agent’?”

Different times, different measures of self. James refuses to see himself in the context of sport, in the lineage of those before him. There are two preps-to-the-pros stars in these NBA Finals – Kobe Bryant(notes) and Kevin Garnett(notes) – and sometimes people forget how much they struggled early on, how no one ever anointed them as skinny high schoolers leaping straight into the draft. They were talents, but they never had childhoods like James.

James climbed out of limousines at prep All-American sneaker camps. He wore shades and shirts which proclaimed himself King. He never learned to treat people with many manners or treat authority with respect. When he had something to say about himself, LeBron James never needed to consider the circumstances surrounding him. Now, it happens again. Free agency has enough hype without this selfish stunt, without him thinking that somehow everyone else is just a prop for his drama.

Two seasons ago, James marched into Madison Square Garden and sounded like a carnival barker, bellowing: “If you guys want to go to sleep right now and not wake up until July 1, 2010, then go ahead because it’s going to be a big day.”

He sat on a news-conference podium, with uncomfortable Cavaliers officials looking on, spitting out the date his personal playoffs begin: July 1, 2010. He loves to hear other free agents – Dwyane Wade(notes), Chris Bosh(notes), Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) and Carlos Boozer(notes) – all insist this process starts with him. He loves that no can make a move in July until he does.

The NBA had always been about June, but LeBron James couldn’t stand this month without him. The Celtics and Lakers earned themselves this stage, a throwback rivalry that makes those in the ’60s and ’70s and ’80s so proud of the way these two teams, these champions, comport themselves. The Celtics and Lakers are the NBA’s test of time – Bryant and Garnett, Gasol and Pierce. They’ve come to understand that those teams, those uniforms, represent something bigger than themselves, something that’s sustained this league forever.

Maybe someday LeBron James will find it, but something tells you of the emptiness awaiting him in July. Eventually, he’s going to have to find a team, sign a contract and the Championship of Me will be over. All he’s ever truly wanted was to be the so-called ringleader of free agency, and it’s almost here, almost his now. All these years, all these stars who lived for June, and now maybe the most gifted of them all has never stopped talking about July. No judgment. No shame. The ringleader is still searching for something.

ManRam
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
^ Well that's a pretty hateful article...

Wojnarowski love bashing him.

I see no problem in this. There was a huge gap. It was a Monday night. King contacted his people, not vise-versa as I'm aware. If it was anyone else, would we care? No.

hugepatsfan
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
No, its not like ARod. LeBron did the interview on, what, Monday? That was early in the NBA's massive hiatus before the beginning of the finals. Did James choose or lobby for the interview to be aired on Friday? I somehow doubt it.

This boo hooing is really not fair.

Also, like it or not, LeBron's future destination is a huge story right now. It could potentially affect 2 of the top 3 media markets in the US as well as the future of the NBA. So, give me a break with this idea that people tread lightly with the finals going on.

I said similar, not exactly alike. It involves players considered the best by many talking about their FA during the championship series they were not a part of. It does take attention away from the game's biggest stage.

Iodine
06-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Does PSD stay up all night trying to find obscure reasons to hate LBJ?

moham
06-03-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm not surprised, but it would be pretty anti climatic. sounds realistic though

I'm not surprised too,:eyebrow:

dolphan
06-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Lebron is going to the bulls imo. The only reason he hasn't admitted it is because he likes the attention.

airforceones25
06-03-2010, 12:27 PM