PDA

View Full Version : Did Ted Green of the LA times Go to far with his Paul Pierce Club Stabbing Comment?

Celtic AL
05-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Los Angeles Times Writer Jokes About Paul Pierce's Stabbing by Michael Hurley on May 31, 2010 11:10:54 AM
Lakers fans and Celtics fans don't agree on much, but they'll all likely find common ground in believing that a Los Angeles Times columnist crossed the line by making jokes about the night Paul Pierce was stabbed.

In the story titled "Your guide to hating the Celtics," columnist Ted Green runs through a numbered list of reasons to despise the team in green. The rundown included a blurb on Pierce, who "flops more than a large-mouthed bass" and "acts like he's been hit by a train" whenever he shoots. Sure, that's fine ... until this:

"By the way, Pierce's idea of a fun night is going clubbing and getting stabbed. Good times!"

The writer is referencing an incident from 2000, when Los Angeles Times Writer Jokes About Paul Pierce's Stabbing by Michael Hurley on May 31, 2010 11:10:54 AM
Lakers fans and Celtics fans don't agree on much, but they'll all likely find common ground in believing that a Los Angeles Times columnist crossed the line by making jokes about the night Paul Pierce was stabbed.

In the story titled "Your guide to hating the Celtics," columnist Ted Green runs through a numbered list of reasons to despise the team in green. The rundown included a blurb on Pierce, who "flops more than a large-mouthed bass" and "acts like he's been hit by a train" whenever he shoots. Sure, that's fine ... until this:

"By the way, Pierce's idea of a fun night is going clubbing and getting stabbed. Good times!"

The writer is referencing an incident from 2000, when Pierce was stabbed 11 times in the face, neck and back. Pierce also suffered injuries from being hit over the head with a bottle, and he was rushed to the hospital to have surgery on his lungs. The two men responsible for the attack were later convicted of assault and battery charges and sent to prison -- one for a year, the other for seven to 10 years.

Pierce recovered quickly, playing all 82 games of the 2000-01 season, but the incident is nothing to joke about. The Times can likely expect to be flooded with e-mails from the Boston area asking for an apology, similar to the firestorm that Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan created eight years ago for his comments regarding Jason Kidd's wife.
was stabbed 11 times in the face, neck and back. Pierce also suffered injuries from being hit over the head with a bottle, and he was rushed to the hospital to have surgery on his lungs. The two men responsible for the attack were later convicted of assault and battery charges and sent to prison -- one for a year, the other for seven to 10 years.

Pierce recovered quickly, playing all 82 games of the 2000-01 season, but the incident is nothing to joke about. The Times can likely expect to be flooded with e-mails from the Boston area asking for an apology, similar to the firestorm that Boston Globe columnist Bob Ryan created eight years ago for his comments regarding Jason Kidd's wife.

come on this is Classless! you can make fun how fat is Big Baby or How Cockey KG is but Making fun of Pierce's Stabbing where he allmost Died? Really! REALLY!!! this No Class Clown Ted Green Should Be Fired or Suppended! this really makes me sick!

redsox0717
05-31-2010, 02:12 PM
He should be fired, Pierce almost died that night and he jokes about it...stay classy LA

Giaps
05-31-2010, 02:16 PM
That warrants getting fired.

Celtic AL
05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
i got nothing aganst the Laker fans or Kobe but Ted Green went to Far!

C_Mund
05-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Waaaaay too far.
plus, he biotched about flopping. Did anybody see Pau hit the deck off the ball with a couple minutes to go in the last game?
..kinda dumb

Celtic AL
05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
this is the worst Article comment since Jemele Hill's "Rooting for the Celtics is like saying Hitler was a victim" Comment

shep33
05-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah, that's too far. I'm a Laker fan and that is just out of line, pretty sure he'll get fired over this.

azkarraga
05-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Far too far. Did he apologized?

PHX2daDEATH
05-31-2010, 02:31 PM
i'll be rooting hard for you Boston.. its amazing what some of columnists will write to sell a paper

DengelBerry
05-31-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm also a Lakers fan, and I think that's way over the line. Imus got fired for saying "nappy hair" so i think that's what it calls for and a big apology to Paul Pierce and his family for what they had to go through at that time. Not cool or classy. This is why people hate us Lakers fans.

ItsTheLastAce
05-31-2010, 02:37 PM
its definitely over the line, and like Dengal said ignorant stuff like this is why people hate us laker fans.

blastmasta26
05-31-2010, 02:37 PM
I hate Paul Pierce but that's messed up.

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 02:38 PM
LA has no class. This isnt a shock

BeantownBill
05-31-2010, 02:44 PM

This kind of generalization isn't going to help anything. EVERY city has it's share of classless douchebags. Boston, NY, LA, any city you visit. I know some great Lakers fans and the fact that most are chiming in here condemning the clown that wrote this article proves you can't make these kinds of broad-ranging generalizations about a city and the people that live there based on one dumbass.

Ignore this guy, and let's all look forward to the great series to come. :clap:

ManRam
05-31-2010, 02:45 PM

Because of posts like this, and the obvious defending of that post from Laker fans- this thread isn't really going to go anywhere productive.

It's totally out of line; I think we can all agree on that. Nothing really else to discuss here.