PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals: (1) LA Lakers (57-25) vs (4) Boston Celtics (50-32) - Series Tied 3-3

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 03:53 PM
manrammer are you trying to deduce laker fan logic again
:pity:

Try that is the Laker forum, it would take a life time

superkegger
05-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Don't know if it's been posted at all, but BBR's latest blog has a breakdown.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=6155

These are two very evenly matched teams statistically in the overall picture.

Celtics Offensive rating is 107.7(15th) to the Lakers 108.8 (11th)
Celtics Defensive rating is 103.8 (5th) to the Lakers 103.7 (4th).

It's going to be a good series, and hard fought. The Celtics are on probably somewhat of a "We're old, but we're not done yet so eff you we're going to win this" type of kick, while the Lakers are on a "You not just beat us two years ago, but humiliated us, and we're going to return the favor" tour. It will probably get a lil ugly, but it should be some great basketball.

Lakers80's
05-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Sheed is tough. Perk is tougher than anyone on both teams. Nate is tough. Baby is tough.

Yeah...I'm not seeing his point either.

any of these guys you've mentioned,mbanger will take them all:D

Squad13
05-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Sheed is tough. Perk is tougher than anyone on both teams. Nate is tough. Baby is tough.

Yeah...I'm not seeing his point either.

What does tough mean? He looks like a rapist so he's tougher than Kobe? I don't think so. But I have no idea why that guy made that list, Farmar is tough? wtf

Iodine
05-31-2010, 05:58 PM
What does tough mean? He looks like a rapist so he's tougher than Kobe? I don't think so. But I have no idea why that guy made that list, Farmar is tough? wtf

I really don't want to say anything

nbafan63
05-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Lakers starting 5 is just slightly better than Celtics starting 5.
BUT Celtics bench is much better than Lakers bench.

Lakers bench is VERY VERY suspect. You never know what you will get out of them. They can get hot or blow a 15 point lead in matter of minutes.

I am rooting for the Lakers since I live in LA. I got section 300s row 8 seats for game 1 in LA. Bought it off craiglist for $325 each. But if I were a betting man, and I was to wager a substantial amount of my savings, I would bet on the Celtics this series. And the only reason is because I have zero trust in the Lakers bench (especially on the road).

KmB728
05-31-2010, 06:22 PM

Ohhhh the irony

bigsams50
05-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Ohhhh the irony

:laugh:

maddBat
05-31-2010, 06:32 PM
i just hope its a good series.... going to game 7. :D

The Final Boss
05-31-2010, 06:36 PM
My turn!

KG- Tough
Pierce- Tough
Allen- Tough guy
Rondo- Tough for his size

Like my analysis? Its real deep

Not particularly, I stoped reading it when you claimed Ray Allen is a tough guy. But that's besides the point 'cause I've learned not to expect much from you.

bigsams50
05-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Not particularly, I stoped reading it when you claimed Ray Allen is a tough guy. But that's besides the point 'cause I've learned not to expect much from you.

And you claimed Jordan Farmar is a tough guy. If Farmar is a tough guy, then Ray Allen is definately a tough guy

superkegger
05-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Lakers starting 5 is just slightly better than Celtics starting 5.
BUT Celtics bench is much better than Lakers bench.

Lakers bench is VERY VERY suspect. You never know what you will get out of them. They can get hot or blow a 15 point lead in matter of minutes.

I am rooting for the Lakers since I live in LA. I got section 300s row 8 seats for game 1 in LA. Bought it off craiglist for $325 each. But if I were a betting man, and I was to wager a substantial amount of my savings, I would bet on the Celtics this series. And the only reason is because I have zero trust in the Lakers bench (especially on the road).

Both teams only go about 8 deep.

Davis 19.9 MPG, 7.5 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 0.4 APG, 56.8 TS%
T. Allen 16.9 MPG, 5.9 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 0.8 APG, 57.6 TS%
Wallace 15.6 MPG, 6.5 PPG, 2.3 RPG, 0.2 APG, 57.4 TS%

Odom 29.7 MPG, 10.6 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 2.3 APG, 51.5 TS%
Brown 15.0 MGP, 5.8 PPG, 1.4 RPG, 1.1 APG, 46.9 TS%
Farmar 13.3 MPG, 5.3 PPG, 1.2 RPG, 1.6 APG, 59.3 TS%

The only other guys I really expect to see get much burn would be Sasha for the Lakers and Nate or Finley for the Celtics. I think the Celtics can probably go deeper if need be with Shelden and Daniels, but really at that point, if you're going that deep into your bench, then there's probably a problem.

I understand as a whole the Celtics bench has been a bit more consistent than the Lakers bench, but again, I feel like it's pretty evenly matched.

kvrnm
05-31-2010, 06:52 PM

The only other guys I really expect to see get much burn would be Sasha for the Lakers and Nate or Finley for the Celtics. I think the Celtics can probably go deeper if need be with Shelden and Daniels, but really at that point, if you're going that deep into your bench, then there's probably a problem.

I understand as a whole the Celtics bench has been a bit more consistent than the Lakers bench, but again, I feel like it's pretty evenly matched.

i disagree without odom LA bench is a mess

superkegger
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM

but they have odom...

Avenged
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM
For the Lakers the only tough guys are Kobe, Artest, Fisher, Odom, Bynum and Mbenga (he doesn't play anyways). When I say tough guys, I don't mean guys like Garnett that just bark. I mean guys who don't back down. You can also argue for Sasha since he never backs down when players go up to him. These 2 teams just have different terms when it comes to being tough.

Avenged
05-31-2010, 06:58 PM

I agree but our bench has really stepped up as of late. We wouldn't be in the finals without them. When our bench plays well, we usually end up winning. If Farmar and Brown can play well, that'll be a major boost for us. Our starting 5 won't be able to beat Boston alone.

kvrnm
05-31-2010, 07:03 PM
For the Lakers the only tough guys are Kobe, Artest, Fisher, Odom, Bynum and Mbenga (he doesn't play anyways). When I say tough guys, I don't mean guys like Garnett that just bark. I mean guys who don't back down. You can also argue for Sasha since he never backs down when players go up to him. These 2 teams just have different terms when it comes to being tough.

lol thats def the first time sasha ever been called tough,, idc if he dont back down,, he still gets his *** busted and flops

kvrnm
05-31-2010, 07:04 PM
but they have odom...

bostons bench is still much better IMO

Avenged
05-31-2010, 07:09 PM
lol thats def the first time sasha ever been called tough,, idc if he dont back down,, he still gets his *** busted and flops

Like I said, I think there's a different term when we're discussing tough. He isn't tough like KG or Perkins, of course not. But tough as in he's always bothering other players and when they get up in his face he doesn't go away.

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 07:11 PM
I believe he was playing injured that series. It was remarking he could play so well on a busted knee.

What busted knee? I don't remember any legit injury Pierce had in the 08 finals...

let me think..

Oh yeah! I know now! You're talking about the injury in Game 1 where he needed to players to help him get to the locker room with his face in anguish and pain and then 3 minutes later he comes back running doing cart wheels and hitting back to back threes. Oh yeah JB now I remember. :rolleyes:

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Your sig is way too long. And also, in 2008 he didn't get as many easy shots because Rondo hadn't emerged as a star distributor.

PSD rules says otherwise

nbafan63
05-31-2010, 07:33 PM

Correct, most playoff games only go 8 deep. The problem is after the lakers top 6...you cant really trust 7th and 8th. And 6th man - odom - is dependent on how much sugar high he gets before the game.

Lets take a look at Top 8 man on Lakers team.

#1 Kobe Bryant - Man, I put all my money on this guy. He is the man!
#2 Gasol - He has shown he is a tougher player now. And a very skilled big man. If you don't trust gasol, who else can you trust?
#3 Bynum - In regular season he was the #3 option, but with his knee...maybe 20 good minutes? If that? Can you really trust him? I don't. I've always thought Bynum is a busted potential.
#4 Derek Fisher - Rock Solid Vet. Rondo might bust his balls but I still trust Fish any day to take that last shot.
#5 Ron Artest - Man his D is very good, but his O is like WTF? I swear some of the bricks that he puts up are so nasty. I swear I can shoot a better wide open 3 than him. Can you trust Ron to spread the floor for the Celtics? Probably not. They'll let Ron take the open shot and pack it in inside. Any team can live with Ron and Odom taking the 3s. Look at the Suns. They did it, and gave Lakers a run for their money. And the Suns D is no where near that of the Celtics.
#6 Lamer Odom - Great athletic rebounder. A miss match for any power forwards. EXCEPT KEVIN GARNET! LOL. KG is the same style and skill set as that of Lamar except KG is longer, taller, stronger, jumps higher (before surgery), better jump shot, and better D. If you were to say KG is the most versatile PF in the league, then I would say Lamar comes to behind KG. And Lamar doesnt bring it every game. I truely hope my boy Lamar brings it this time and take it to KG and show KG whats up. But I doubt it...LOL!!
#7 WHOS FREAKING #7?? Shannon Brown? Jesus help the Lakers. Nate Robinson will torch Shamooo.
#8 WHOS NUMBER 8?? Farmar? The guy who thinks he will be a starter in the NBA next yr? PUHLEASE....I don't know what type of speed ball he thinks he is playing out there...he is like a 6 foot white boy wanna be MJ but cant jump high enough, cant move fast enough, and cant shoot well enough. HELL no would i ever trust or put my money on this guy.

So there you have it. The lakers really only 3 deep. I only trust Kobe, Gasol, Fish. I'm rooting for my lakers. But I really respect all yall Celtic fans. You guys got a bad azz team. Much respect. I hope my Lakers put up a good fight.

If I was the GM of the Lakers, I'd trade off everyone on the team except Kobe Gasol Fish. Ofcourse thats a pipe dream, but damn...they keep saying Mitch K. is so awesome and blablabla. But look who he signed on our team...Luke Walton on 6 yr deal? Jesus Christ. WTF?? Drafted Bynum over Granger. Man..I know Bynum got potential, but the kid was injured in High School and had knee problems back then too.

Imagine if we had picked Granger.

Fish
Kobe
Granger
Odom
Gasol

and we wouldn't need artest and can use MLE on a backup big man.

nbafan63
05-31-2010, 07:38 PM

I know!! Dude...our bench is gonna F us hard. We should cut the game to just 2 quarters and play starter vs starter for 24 minutes and see who comes out on top. LOL.

ManRam
05-31-2010, 08:05 PM
ZioAx, stillballin and company: stop baiting/getting off topic and insulting each other. You guys are killing any and all intelligent and interesting debate here. The NBA Forum has taken a huge hit in terms of bearable discussion, you guys aren't helping.

Paul Pierce's injury is not relevant to this series. It is off-topic. You guys baiting back and forth is not okay either. Stop. Consider this a strict warning.

We are talking about the 2010 NBA FINALS. Please, stay on topic. The stuff you are bickering over has no relevance whatsoever.

superkegger
Correct, most playoff games only go 8 deep. The problem is after the lakers top 6...you cant really trust 7th and 8th. And 6th man - odom - is dependent on how much sugar high he gets before the game.

#2 Gasol - He has shown he is a tougher player now. And a very skilled big man. If you don't trust gasol, who else can you trust?
#3 Bynum - In regular season he was the #3 option, but with his knee...maybe 20 good minutes? If that? Can you really trust him? I don't. I've always thought Bynum is a busted potential.
#4 Derek Fisher - Rock Solid Vet. Rondo might bust his balls but I still trust Fish any day to take that last shot.
#5 Ron Artest - Man his D is very good, but his O is like WTF? I swear some of the bricks that he puts up are so nasty. I swear I can shoot a better wide open 3 than him. Can you trust Ron to spread the floor for the Celtics? Probably not. They'll let Ron take the open shot and pack it in inside. Any team can live with Ron and Odom taking the 3s. Look at the Suns. They did it, and gave Lakers a run for their money. And the Suns D is no where near that of the Celtics.
#6 Lamer Odom - Great athletic rebounder. A miss match for any power forwards. EXCEPT KEVIN GARNET! LOL. KG is the same style and skill set as that of Lamar except KG is longer, taller, stronger, jumps higher (before surgery), better jump shot, and better D. If you were to say KG is the most versatile PF in the league, then I would say Lamar comes to behind KG. And Lamar doesnt bring it every game. I truely hope my boy Lamar brings it this time and take it to KG and show KG whats up. But I doubt it...LOL!!
#7 WHOS FREAKING #7?? Shannon Brown? Jesus help the Lakers. Nate Robinson will torch Shamooo.
#8 WHOS NUMBER 8?? Farmar? The guy who thinks he will be a starter in the NBA next yr? PUHLEASE....I don't know what type of speed ball he thinks he is playing out there...he is like a 6 foot white boy wanna be MJ but cant jump high enough, cant move fast enough, and cant shoot well enough. HELL no would i ever trust or put my money on this guy.

So there you have it. The lakers really only 3 deep. I only trust Kobe, Gasol, Fish. I'm rooting for my lakers. But I really respect all yall Celtic fans. You guys got a bad azz team. Much respect. I hope my Lakers put up a good fight.

If I was the GM of the Lakers, I'd trade off everyone on the team except Kobe Gasol Fish. Ofcourse thats a pipe dream, but damn...they keep saying Mitch K. is so awesome and blablabla. But look who he signed on our team...Luke Walton on 6 yr deal? Jesus Christ. WTF?? Drafted Bynum over Granger. Man..I know Bynum got potential, but the kid was injured in High School and had knee problems back then too.

Fish
Kobe
Granger
Odom
Gasol

I was kinda hanging with you there, until you went into GM mode and said we should trade everyone but Kobe fish and Pau. Considering pretty much this exact same team won the Finals last year, and a very similar team went to the Finals the year before, and for the 3rd year in a row, are back in the Finals, I'd say that this Laker team is doing alright.

Otherwise a couple of things.

I don't know why you brought up Nate Robinson, as he has played a total of 57 minutes. Rondo plays 41.9 mpg, and I doubt that changes with the advantage he'll have vs. whoever the Lakers PG is. Nate had a good half in one game. Enough about him.

And really, Farmar has picked up his game, especially in the Phoenix series, going 9 for 16 from 3.

But it's about matchups more than anything.

The Lakers essentially bring Odom off the bench as their only big, while the Celtics bring Sheed and Big Baby. Lamar out rebounds both Davis and Sheed combined. Sheed is as inconsistent, if not more so than Odom. Davis is decent, but if it's a Lamar on Big Baby Matchup, I'm taking Lamar all day on that.

Which is kinda my whole point here. You're making this big deal about the Celtics bench being so uproariously good, when Odom is better than either of the Celtics bench bigs, and matches up will with them IMO.

As far as the backcourt. We'll see. Sasha had a couple of nice games to end the phoenix series, so he might be able to give them a lift since he's been out for awhile with an ankle injury.

The Lakers bench may be a lot of Odom, but he's one of the best 6th men in the league. He's a bigger impact player than anyone on the Celtics bench. They may not be able to go as deep, but Lamar brings a huge impact.

Broke3113
You're a Laker/Yankee fan in PA. You're just too easy

i live 30min from kobes high school been a fan of him/lakers since he came in the nba

Raidaz4Life
05-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Because ZioAx is a homer

Not trying to take sides here but its safe to say most fans on both sides are homers. Its part of being a fan. Part of this being because people will question your fan hood if you say anything remotely bad about your team and the other part being because thats the primary source you are exposed to so you tend to see your own teams talent/potential more so than others teams.

Look at Magic Johnson, he gave his opinion on the playoffs and said he thought the Cavs were the favorites to win it all and as soon as they lost there was a thread in the Lakers forum about how Magic wasn't a true laker because he didn't say the Lakers would have a cake walk to the championship despite the fact that the Magic and Cavs were clearly playing better ball at the time. However if he did pick the Lakers as favorites every single year, he would be labeled by more objective fans of the sport as a homer and really would hold little value as an analyst. Its just the catch-22 fans seem to fall into.

So really we all need to stop calling each other homers and accept the fact that these are the two best teams in the league and to say with certainty that one team is going to win is naive at this point in time.

Iodine
05-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Manram, can I go into attack mode?

Raidaz4Life
05-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Nvm, good work Man Ram

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 08:11 PM
ZioAx, stillballin and company: stop baiting/getting off topic and insulting each other. You guys are killing any and all intelligent and interesting debate here. The NBA Forum has taken a huge hit in terms of bearable discussion, you guys aren't helping.

Paul Pierce's injury is not relevant to this series. It is off-topic. You guys baiting back and forth is not okay either. Stop. Consider this a strict warning.

We are talking about the 2010 NBA FINALS. Please, stay on topic. The stuff you are bickering over has no relevance whatsoever.

If that is the case, then you should go back and delete all the posts people made in regards to the 2008 finals because it is not relevant to this series as you say. Should I help you and report them so you can delete them? Your call

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Not trying to take sides here but its safe to say most fans on both sides are homers. Its part of being a fan. Part of being because people will question your fan hood if you say anything remotely bad about your team and the other part being because thats the primary source you are exposed to so you tend to see your own teams talent/potential more so than others teams.

Look at Magic Johnson, he gave his opinion on the playoffs and said he thought the Cavs were the favorites to win it all and as soon as they lost there was a thread in the Lakers forum about how Magic wasn't a true laker because he didn't say the Lakers would have a cake walk to the championship despite the fact that the Magic and Cavs were clearly playing better ball at the time. However if he did pick the Lakers as favorites every single year, he would be labeled by more objective fans of the sport as a homer and really would hold little value as an analyst. Its just the catch-22 fans seem to fall into.

So really we all need to stop calling each other homers and accept the fact that these are the two best teams in the league and to say with certainty that one team is going to win is naive at this point in time.

Fair enough, well put it this way. He is the second version of Mavrix.

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
How about we let him do the modding instead of snitching on Celtic posts. I highly doubt any of us have done it to you guys.

ManRam
05-31-2010, 08:16 PM
If that is the case, then you should go back and delete all the posts people made in regards to the 2008 finals because it is not relevant to this series as you say. Should I help you and report them so you can delete them? Your call

I'm not going back through 500+ posts. Going through the last 40 was plenty enough. I don't have hours and hours of time to filter through the dribble. You both have been warned.

Just stop. I wouldn't have to do anything if the two of you could just cool down and relax.

ManRam
05-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Geeze Man Ram... I didn't even say anything....

That's why you didn't get warned. Still, you responded to their posts (and your post was fine, it just was what you quoted wasn't).

From here on out, we are talking about the 2010 NBA Finals...you know, the thread this is about, the series that's going to start in 3 days, and the thing most of us care about.

Raidaz4Life
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
That's why you didn't get warned. Still, you responded to their posts (and your post was fine, it just was what you quoted wasn't).

From here on out, we are talking about the 2010 NBA Finals...you know, the thread this is about, the series that's going to start in 3 days, and the thing most of us care about.

I'm sorry you're right, I forgot I quoted. Thanks for doing your job and enforcing properly.

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm not going back through 500+ posts. Going through the last 40 was plenty enough. I don't have hours and hours of time to filter through the dribble. You both have been warned.

Just stop. I wouldn't have to do anything if the two of you could just cool down and relax.

BALLER71
05-31-2010, 08:26 PM

****. This post kind of ruined my day. I seriously thought there was a game today. :sigh:

Fail on my part.

superkegger
05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
****. This post kind of ruined my day. I seriously thought there was a game today. :sigh:

Fail on my part.

There is, it's just that its a hockey game.

BALLER71
05-31-2010, 08:33 PM
There is, it's just that its a hockey game.

Wow. What a creative sig! Very nice.

MDfootball36
05-31-2010, 08:37 PM
La

97NYer
05-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Celtics are going to bully the Lakers.

KG>Pau because Pau is soft.

Interesting to see how they match up with Rondo.

Avenged
05-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah... KG is better than Pau because KG is tougher.. :rolleyes:

kblo247
05-31-2010, 09:24 PM

Fish
Kobe
Granger
Odom
Gasol

Grammar and spacing is important

kblo247
05-31-2010, 09:39 PM
hey man...Where do you get stats like this?

Wherever he got them, they're wrong (according to ESPN at least).

LA is 3rd in 3 point defense. They've allowed opponents to shoot 32.5%. Boston is 4th, allowing teams to shoot 32.9%.

Orlando actually had the best FG% defense, LA is 2nd at 43.7% and Boston is 3rd at 43.8%.

Not really any considerable differences there. Also, consider that Boston has been the best three point shooting team these playoffs (38.4%), and LA has been 9th best (34.8).

Rick Kamla on NBA TV brought those stats up when breaking down the matchup

kblo247
05-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Lakers fans....If you think the Suns played defense...your senile. Just you wait until you see our mighty DEFENSE!

Oh and

"Offense Wins Games, DEFENSE Wins Championships"

LA has been the better defensive team these playoffs, and more than anything what Boston should take from the Suns is forcing LA into cross matches

goku
05-31-2010, 09:48 PM
this will go 7 games watch

E.O.21
05-31-2010, 09:58 PM

wtf... YES

Avenged
05-31-2010, 10:03 PM
wtf... YES

Yup! Kg and Perkins are perhaps the toughest players in the league. That must mean they're the 2 best players in the league. Right.

E.O.21
05-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Yup! Kg and Perkins are perhaps the toughest players in the league. That must mean they're the 2 best players in the league. Right.

Kgs gonna have gasol on lock and at this point bynum isnt much better than kp. Bynums is sucking balls averiging like 8 and 7 while KP consistently gives you 6 and 6 with 2 blocks. Weyll see what happens

CLASSOF72
05-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Kgs gonna have gasol on lock and at this point bynum isnt much better than kp. Bynums is sucking balls averiging like 8 and 7 while KP consistently gives you 6 and 6 with 2 blocks. Weyll see what happens

Yep, that we will.
Let's Go Lakers!

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 10:30 PM

I'd rather have inconsistent good player than a consistently bad one ;)

ManRam
05-31-2010, 10:36 PM

Perk is far from consistently bad. Bynum, in the playoffs, has been consistently irrelevant. Perk is perhaps the best defensive big man in the league. They don't look to him for scoring...but he does all the hard work. He isn't flashy, and he doesn't score a ton, but he is still a great player.

Iodine
05-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Perkisabeast.com

that is all

ManRam
05-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Perkisabeast.com

that is all

I almost whipped that out. He really, truly is a beast. Overlook him all you want, but he's quietly going to dominate in the areas the C's will need him to dominate. Scoring points isn't what he does, nor should it really. I'm sure he's happy people say he "consistently sucks" just because of that...

CLASSOF72
05-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Perk is far from consistently bad. Bynum, in the playoffs, has been consistently irrelevant. Perk is perhaps the best defensive big man in the league. They don't look to him for scoring...but he does all the hard work. He isn't flashy, and he doesn't score a ton, but he is still a great player.

I agree Perks is a very under estimated big because of his D emphisis and shouldn't be judged by O output. Drew if healthy would be an advantage, but Drews low numbers reflect his limited playing ability not his commitment to D.

Iodine
05-31-2010, 10:43 PM
I almost whipped that out. He really, truly is a beast. Overlook him all you want, but he's quietly going to dominate in the areas the C's will need him to dominate. Scoring points isn't what he does, nor should it really. I'm sure he's happy people say he "consistently sucks" just because of that...

I ordered a sweatshirt like a week ago, and according to the tracket it should be getting her this weeks

But to keep this on topic (as if the rules of PSD apply to me)

One thing that intrigues me is if Nate will get more playing time after the huge emotional impact he had on game 6. It could be fun to see the celtics run him at the 2 guard when the lakers don't have Kobe in (all 3 minutes lol)

fadedmario
05-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Lakers in 6

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 11:06 PM

Perkins is consistently bad?

... why do I bother

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Perkins is consistently bad?

... why do I bother

I'm guessing you bother because you're completely inept at detecting sarcasm.

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 11:14 PM

Ugh, it was sarcasm.

69centers
05-31-2010, 11:15 PM

No, KG is better than Pau because KG is 10x tougher than Gasol. Perkins, about 20x tougher.

LA has been the better defensive team these playoffs, and more than anything what Boston should take from the Suns is forcing LA into cross matches

Love to know where you're getting this crap from??

LA is giving up 101 PPG
Bos is giving up 91 PPG

LA is giving up 43.7% FG% in the playoffs
Bos is giving up 43.8% FG% in the playoffs.

Math says while the Lakers have the slimmest of leads in the FG% (.1%), the Celtics have an enormous 10PPG defensive advantage.

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm guessing you bother because you're completely inept at detecting sarcasm.

First of all its the internet, how dumb I am for not catching your sarcasm :rolleyes: You didn't leave any indication that it was sarcasm either. Second of all it didn't surprise me one bit because you are an LA fan.

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 11:17 PM
No, KG is better than Pau because KG is 10x tougher than Gasol. Perkins, about 20x tougher.

LA is giving up 101 PPG
Bos is giving up 91 PPG

Math says while the Lakers have the slimmest of leads in the FG% (.1%), the Celtics have an enormous 10PPG defensive advantage.

It just amazes me the things those fans say. Even when something isnt even close to being in their favor. The Celtics could have scored 140+ every game this playoffs and Laker fans would say their offense had been better.

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 11:23 PM

And don't give me the Bynum has been irrelevant crap. Even in these playoffs, in his limited minutes, he has put up better numbers than Perk.

Bynum didn't play a ton of minutes in the Suns series, but what he did play, he usually produced.

Game 6: 10 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks

Game 5: 2 points( missed all of his shots), 7 rebounds, 4 blocks

Game 4: 12 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block

There. His most recent games. Hardly irrelevant. Sure, the minutes were down, but the Celtics play at a pace much more suited to Bynum, and Bynum just got his knee drained as well, and we all saw the benefits of that procedure with Kobe.....

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 11:25 PM
First of all its the internet, how dumb I am for not catching your sarcasm :rolleyes: You didn't leave any indication that it was sarcasm either. Second of all it didn't surprise me one bit because you are an LA fan.

I was hoping this: ;), would tip off even the most elementary of posters.

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 11:26 PM

:laugh2:

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 11:27 PM

Didn't know ";)" was the universal sign for sarcasm. God, what an idiot I am ";)"

Next time just try to make it seem sarcastic in the slightest, then everyone who isnt you wont be confused.

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 11:27 PM

LA is giving up 101 PPG
Bos is giving up 91 PPG

Lol, I guess somebody has never heard of "pace"

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Didn't know ";)" was the universal sign for sarcasm. God, what an idiot I am ";)"

Okay, well let me put it simpler. When you were a child, did you ever give a wink to someone as indication that you were "kidding" about something?

Voila!

Same concept.

superkegger
05-31-2010, 11:30 PM

LA is giving up 101 PPG
Bos is giving up 91 PPG

this. Adjust for pace.

But what am I saying. Lets just look at stats that prove our point.

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Okay, well let me put it simpler. When you were a child, did you ever give a wink to someone as indication that you were "kidding" about something?

Voila!

Same concept.

Yeah sure, but the sentence wasn't formulated in a sarcastic way. This is completely dumb to argue, but hey the game is 3 days away:) We need something to go back and forth about!

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 11:34 PM
this. Adjust for pace.

But what am I saying. Lets just look at stats that prove our point.

I <3 u

And of course we need something to argue over, otherwise I'd be too bored.

Avenged
05-31-2010, 11:36 PM
No, KG is better than Pau because KG is 10x tougher than Gasol. Perkins, about 20x tougher..

Lol, so.. you're saying Perkins is better than KG and Pau because he's 10x tougher than KG and 20x tougher than Pau? Okay..

Iodine
05-31-2010, 11:44 PM
I wish that to get into PSD you would need to have to pass some sort of functionality test.

The "debates" being used are sad
**** you PSD for making me side with the lakers for the past 12 minutes

Jenceman
05-31-2010, 11:47 PM
I wish that to get into PSD you would need to have to pass some sort of functionality test.

The "debates" being used are sad
**** you PSD for making me side with the lakers for the past 12 minutes

You know you liked it.

"My mind's telling me noooo, but my body, MY BODY's telling me YEEESSSS!"

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 11:53 PM
I think the end all of this whole debate is how much hate Boston fans have against the Lakers. How do you guys have so much knowledge of the Lakers? How often do you watch this team that you breakdown every aspect of their game? I must admit I don't know **** about Boston because I can give a **** about Boston. I'd rather watch Martha Stewart reruns than watch a non Boston Lakers game. Boston hasn't been relevant in 20 years yet all the roaches come out when they started contending. I heard crickets a few years back when I watched the Lakers play at the fake Garden. The Lakers had 43 regular season home games that season.

You cant seem to make a single post without obsessing about Boston. Find a constructive hobby or something, its not healthy. Havent been relevant in 20 years and still have more championships in 10 less Final appearences. Ouch, that has to hurt.

I guarentee 80+% of you fanbase would be gone if you had 20+ years of ownership not giving you an acceptable product. I just remember your name from actively seeking out anything Boston related in any subforum. Its kinda sad.

69centers
06-01-2010, 12:03 AM

Actually, it's more commonly referred to as "tempo" and a good defensive team learns how to control the tempo of a game to their advantage, keeping their opponent's score low.

still1ballin
06-01-2010, 12:19 AM
For those who say Boston in 6 or 7, IMO its very hard for me to believe that Lakers will lose on their home floor in a elimination game. The only way I can see Boston winning this is if they steal a one in LA in the first 2 games and then win all 3 home games, other then that I can't see Boston winning in LA for game 6/7, but hey thats my opinion.

superkegger
06-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Actually, it's more commonly referred to as "tempo" and a good defensive team learns how to control the tempo of a game to their advantage, keeping their opponent's score low.

actually, statistically it's called pace. As in how many possesions a team has per 48 minutes. Adjusting for pace gives us such things like defensive rating, offensive rating, etc...

But I won't bother you with such silly things.

974life
06-01-2010, 12:46 AM
lets go lakers!

JNA17
06-01-2010, 01:29 AM
just want this to start :(

leftymo
06-01-2010, 01:40 AM
actually, statistically it's called pace. As in how many possesions a team has per 48 minutes. Adjusting for pace gives us such things like defensive rating, offensive rating, etc...

Pace is an overrated stat used by mostly stat geeks trying to complicate a simple game.

The two BEST measures of defense is points allowed and opp FG%. They correlate well with championship teams.

The Suns/Lakers series was wide open, and LA was giving up a ton of open jumpers, layups, and dunks. Essentially they weren't playing any defense.

When they finally started playing some defense, they won. LA was 6-0 (playoffs & reg season) when they held Phx below their average, and 1-3 when they gave up more.

The lack of defensive discipline could cost the Lakers game 1, b/c Boston's defense will not allow easy baskets.

iggypop123
06-01-2010, 01:55 AM
as much as rest helps both teams my god i would rather sacrafice 1 day of rest to get this thing started already! i already read a damn book waiting for this game

kblo247
06-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Pace is an overrated stat used by mostly stat geeks trying to complicate a simple game.

The two BEST measures of defense is points allowed and opp FG%. They correlate well with championship teams.

The Suns/Lakers series was wide open, and LA was giving up a ton of open jumpers, layups, and dunks. Essentially they weren't playing any defense.

When they finally started playing some defense, they won. LA was 6-0 (playoffs & reg season) when they held Phx below their average, and 1-3 when they gave up more.

The lack of defensive discipline could cost the Lakers game 1, b/c Boston's defense will not allow easy baskets.
You can say that this Boston teams inability to keep leads can cost them against LA as well.

Talking **** in general in this thread is fun, but I wish the game was tomorrow

kblo247
06-01-2010, 01:57 AM
as much as rest helps both teams my god i would rather sacrafice 1 day of rest to get this thing started already! i already read a damn book waiting for this game

Tell me about it. I played a Marvel UA2 from beginning to end, watched Dragon Ball Kai, cleaned up, been to the gym, and that was just today trying to pass the time :laugh2:

montybeasty
06-01-2010, 02:24 AM
I got Bean Town

USMCLaker
06-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Is it Thursday yet?

Jenceman
06-01-2010, 02:38 AM

Or by, you know, people who are actually smart enough to understand it.

Jenceman
06-01-2010, 02:41 AM

Gawd why do you rape so hard Superkegger? With you in here I don't even need to throw out any arguments, you do it for me.

SO yeah 69centers, Teams that play at a fast pace can actually be good defensive teams....

JordansBulls
06-01-2010, 08:16 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/playoffs;_ylt=Am8f58mgy3SQcH7zDYaq5ru8vLYF

69centers
06-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Pace is a stat that you have to dig deep to find. If NBA.com doesn't care about it...

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable1.html

...then I sure as hell don't. When was the last time you heard an NBA analyst, commentator, or general fan for that matter speak about "pace". Give me a freaking break. When anyone talks of defense for a team, it's points allowed per game and FG% allowed. That's it. As another poster said, "pace" stats are for absolute geeks.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Honestly the only statistics that should be compared is the series between the Celtics and the Lakers in the season and then game 1 in the finals ...

So to me this playoffs stats don't matter because obviously your teams stats will be different playing against the Suns than playing against the Celtics.

We can all agree that the two best teams in the league will play each other in the finals now and there will be plenty of drama, lets wait until game one starts.

Gibby23
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
In the previous post, we discussed the Paul Pierce vs. Ron Artest matchup that is sure to be a focal point of the 2010 NBA Finals due to the fact that Artest is one of the few changes to the starting lineup since these teams last met in the 2008 championship round.

So how exactly has Pierce fared against Artest? The wizards at ESPN Stats & Information crunched the numbers and Artest has enjoyed more success than you might think as Pierce is averaging a mere 0.58 points per play against Artest over the past three regular seasons.

To quantify that, let's first explain how that metric is determined: A play is defined as any field goal attempt, trip to the foul line, or turnover. The only plays registered are when Artest is the initial defender, and does not include points scored off switches, offensive rebounds, cuts, and transition plays.

In a nutshell, this is 1-on-1 basketball. Ball-handler vs. defender.

Under that scenario, Pierce ran 38 plays and scored 22 points on 6-of-26 shooting (23.1 percent) with eight turnovers and four trips to the foul line. The mere fact that Pierce generated more turnovers than field goals suggests Artest has dominated the matchup.

Given the way Pierce struggled offensively against Cleveland's LeBron James, it's worth watching if he's able to keep up his offensive exploits from the Eastern Confernce finals against the Magic. After all, Pierce will likely draw the already daunting task of guarding Kobe Bryant, much like he checked James in the second round, and used up much of his energy at that end of the floor.

Here's one more set of numbers for you to chomp on: The last time Pierce and Artest met in the postseason was the opening round of the 2004 playoffs. Not only did the Pacers sweep, Pierce averaged 20.8 points per game on 34.2 percent shooting (just 29.4 percent from beyond the arc, while committing 6.3 turnovers per game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/BostonCeltics/post/_/id/4674833/by-the-numbers-pierce-vs-artest

LA_Kings760
06-01-2010, 12:26 PM
This series is gonna be a classic...Lakers in 7

effffff the Celtics!!!!!

BOSTON617
06-01-2010, 12:31 PM
celtics all day baby!!!!!!!! any laker fans interested in a sig bet messege me i like to make things interesting ;)

surf and turf
06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I got Boston in 6. Kobe is their only chance. Boston has a perfect team to beat the Lakers. Great defense, much more physical, and very unselfish. Since 08 Rondo has went from a young wild PG to one of the best in the NBA and at times has played like a top 5 player at any position. Big Baby is a better player then he was then. And if Nate "its not too late" plays like he did the other night,,,,i just dont see the Lakers pulling it off.

Gibby23
06-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I got Boston in 6. Kobe is their only chance. Boston has a perfect team to beat the Lakers. Great defense, much more physical, and very unselfish. Since 08 Rondo has went from a young wild PG to one of the best in the NBA and at times has played like a top 5 player at any position. Big Baby is a better player then he was then. And if Nate "its not too late" plays like he did the other night,,,,i just dont see the Lakers pulling it off.

Also the fact that the Lakers have a way better PF and a better team, but yeah, Kobe is going to be the best player on the court by a huge margin.

ZioAx
06-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Also the fact that the Lakers have a way better PF and a better team, but yeah, Kobe is going to be the best player on the court by a huge margin.

Celtics have a better, tougher team that is unselfish.

Gibby23
06-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Celtics have a better, tougher team that is unselfish.

And the Lakers have the better team. Pierce has been garbage against Artest the last 3 years, look at the stats I posted on this page or the last one. KG is a borderline role player, and Rondo still has no jumpshot and Phil and the Lakers know it.

ZioAx
06-01-2010, 01:36 PM
And the Lakers have the better team. Pierce has been garbage against Artest the last 3 years, look at the stats I posted on this page or the last one. KG is a borderline role player, and Rondo still has no jumpshot and Phil and the Lakers know it.

Lakers are NOT the better team, sorry to break it to you. Pierce has been garbage against Artest? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

KG dominated that soft Pau Gasol last time they met in the Finals, you just hope Pau has gotten tougher. KG is going to have his way with him yet again.

Rondo is going to embarrass anyone you put on him. Did he need his jump shot to single handedly dominate these playoffs and put his name in consideration for best PG in the league?

Come on, you can do better than that cant you?

Gibby23
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Lakers are NOT the better team, sorry to break it to you. Pierce has been garbage against Artest? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

KG dominated that soft Pau Gasol last time they met in the Finals, you just hope Pau has gotten tougher. KG is going to have his way with him yet again.

Rondo is going to embarrass anyone you put on him. Did he need his jump shot to single handedly dominate these playoffs and put his name in consideration for best PG in the league?

I just go by stats and they say the Lakers are better.

Pierce has been garbage. 6 FGs made in 21 attempts 28%. 8 turnovers in the the last 3 regular seasons is pretty garbage.

KG did dominate Gasol in 2008, but that was 2008 KG with a good knee and defensive player of the year. KG averaged 18 ppg, 9rpg, 1.3 bpg, and shot 53.9% that season. Now he is about as good as a role player.

jojoe1188
06-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Like I predicted at the beginning of the year, Lakers will repeat.

you really went out on a limb on that one

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-01-2010, 02:26 PM

Kobe will force rondo to take only jumpshots!
Rondo is no issue to the lakers:p

redsox0717
06-01-2010, 02:29 PM
MVP of this series is probably going to be either Adam Morrison or Brian Scalabrine. Really a toss up. Whichever of the two play better will win the series for their respective team.

Gibby23
06-01-2010, 02:31 PM
MVP of this series is probably going to be either Adam Morrison or Brian Scalabrine. Really a toss up. Whichever of the two play better will win the series for their respective team.

I think it might come down the the curly red hair or the porn stache.

JoeSchroeduh
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Kobe will force rondo to take only jumpshots!
Rondo is no issue to the lakers:p

If Kobe even guards Rondo, I agree... he will slow him down a little bit.

BUT, Ray and/or Pierce will have a field day on D-Fish, even more than Rondo would if he was on him.

Jenceman
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Pace is a stat that you have to dig deep to find. If NBA.com doesn't care about it...

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable1.html

...then I sure as hell don't. When was the last time you heard an NBA analyst, commentator, or general fan for that matter speak about "pace". Give me a freaking break. When anyone talks of defense for a team, it's points allowed per game and FG% allowed. That's it. As another poster said, "pace" stats are for absolute geeks.

That's because the average person is an idiot.

Case in point.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-01-2010, 02:48 PM
If Kobe even guards Rondo, I agree... he will slow him down a little bit.

BUT, Ray and/or Pierce will have a field day on D-Fish, even more than Rondo would if he was on him.

fish will guard ray ray, and he does that well cause he is really good fighting through picks

and he plays defense with his body not his speed, which he hasnt any, even though if ray blows by him at the 3 point line, it doesn't matter cause I can live with ray allen driving not shooting threes

JNA17
06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
I think it might come down the the curly red hair or the porn stache.

porn stache ftw. No one likes gingers.

bigsams50
06-01-2010, 03:00 PM
porn stache ftw. No one likes gingers.

:laugh2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QkR7y3auzE&feature=related

still1ballin
06-01-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/05/31/morningtip.0530/index.html

JNA17
06-01-2010, 03:18 PM
:laugh2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QkR7y3auzE&feature=related

i saw. classic :laugh2:

bigsams50
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/05/31/morningtip.0530/index.html

Good Read. This series is gonna be something special

bigsams50
06-01-2010, 03:24 PM
i saw. classic :laugh2:

:laugh2: IDK y but it gets me everytime

heathonater
06-01-2010, 03:31 PM
i think boston can win this series if rondo plays big. they also need perkins and garnett to slow down the inside game for la. hopefully this series is close and hard fought. there have been too many series that weren't competitive in this postseason.

BiG bAd BrUiNs
06-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Celts in 6

iggypop123
06-01-2010, 03:40 PM
rondo is light years ahead of what he was in 08. in that time he was even benched for crazy house. (i think nate has replaced him well, he taunts on every shot just like house did) the key is KG is nowhere near what he was in 08. watching vids of the games he played like he did in his twolves yrs but just at 35 min a game instead of his usual 42. nowadays kg can max out at 35 and is relegated to a jumpshooter. when he has small players on him he posts them up but the smallest laker big is 6'10 odom. pierce and allen have had the usual older player regression.

the key to the lakers is bynum's prescense, even in his injured conditioned allows for better matchups. it allows gasol or bynum to guard kg and use their length. on offense its even more important cause kg cannot roam. if they put him on bynum he will just post him up. on gasol the same thing but it wont be as easy. defenisvely having artest just makes kobe's life easier. while ariza is a respectable defender he doesnt come close to having the body to bother pierce. pierce is a big guy, he bullied kobe in the post and kobe is a legit 6'6. both teams may not employ a zone but the way they play defense they essentially zone the paint and dare teams to shoot from outside. should be alot of games in the low 90's

Avenged
06-01-2010, 03:56 PM
It's mainly just one Celtics fan in here who actually believes the Celtics are light years ahead of the Lakers. The other Celtics fans are rooting for their time as they should, but one guy really takes the cake. If you say Kobe Bryant is better than Nate Robinson, he will jump on you and tell you your an idiot for thinking that. :laugh2:

Wiz21
06-01-2010, 04:09 PM
This is going to be basketball at its finest. Bynum is now healthy Artest is on the lakers and the bench is much better then in 08. But Boston has improved ALOT. Rondo is just ridiculous Perkins is now a decent C and there bench got much deeper. Im going for LA but im scared of Boston.

SouljahPhil...
06-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Seems all lakers and celtics fans here are so knowledgeable and know how to compliment each other teams...Except for one idiotic poster who seems to know everything but when presented exacts facts don't know how to accept it...hahaha...what a douche...

Looking forward to a very exciting and fun series...

SouljahPhil...
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
It's mainly just one Celtics fan in here who actually believes the Celtics are light years ahead of the Lakers. The other Celtics fans are rooting for their time as they should, but one guy really takes the cake. If you say Kobe Bryant is better than Nate Robinson, he will jump on you and tell you your an idiot for thinking that. :laugh2:

Bingo! poor guy...:facepalm:

ZioAx
06-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I havent seen ONE pro celtics comment in here that hasnt got harrassed by 5+ Laker fans. LoL

mikantsass
06-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Should be a battle.... Looking forward to a good series. If the scores are in the 80s & 90s, then the Celtics will take it. If the scores are over 100 then that favors the Lakers.

Celts437
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Im not sure how people can be so confident either team will win...both of these teams are great.

If your arguing either way and considering statistical data from the regular season, you probably don't need to be in here. If you haven't noticed the playoffs is a whole new season.....otherwise it certainly would NOT be the Celtics playing the Lakers.

Advantage: Lakers with homecourt,Kobe, Pau and reigning champs.

Advantage: Celtics with an insane PG and 3 hall of famers.

Advantage Vs. Advantage= Who could possibly know who will win? Two evenly matched teams. Going to be one hell of a series!

still1ballin
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
There should be no excuses for their team losing. Last time in 08, us Laker fans came out with the excuse of Ariza and Bynum not being there, but now, both teams are fully healthy, even those Bynum is playing with a torn meniscus, I am going to count him has being fully healthy. Should be no excuses at all. May the best team win!

tjlipford
06-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Kobe is on a mission. This is not the same LA team that made the finals 2 years ago. Kobe was tired and Gasol was not used to that physical play and playing on that big of a stage. Bynum and Artest was not there and the team was just a lot different. This time around the Lakers have more experience, better players and the ****ing Mamba. Great basketball will be played.

With that being said I have learned to never count the C's out. I have much respect for them. They are tough, physical and good at what they do. This will be a very good series IMO that I feel this time Kobe and LA will come out victorious.

I know every minute in each game will be crucial. We'll just have to see.

ElMarroAfamado
06-01-2010, 10:09 PM
ideally...the Lakers are going to win this series....but preferably they will do it by winning each game in a blowout fashion

_KB24_
06-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Should be a battle.... Looking forward to a good series. If the scores are in the 80s & 90s, then the Celtics will take it. If the scores are over 100 then that favors the Lakers.

This is probably the best and most simple post this thread needed. It's completely true. No way the Lakers can win if this is a low-scoring affair and Celtics can't compete if the Lakers throw up big numbers.

Avenged
06-01-2010, 10:55 PM
It's too close to call IMO. Whoever brings their A game in every game will win. Momentum, pace, HCA, killer instinct, everything will come out in this series. I really hope it's a battle. I know close games especially in the Finals will bring my blood pressure to a tremendous rise but i'd love both of these teams to leave it all out there.

hugepatsfan
06-01-2010, 10:59 PM
I got in the NBA roundtable and my first "job"is to predict a winner. I can't do it! I can't remember the last time a finals was so evenly matched. It seems we always have one team that doesn't belong.

DCB/LAL
06-01-2010, 10:59 PM
If LA can win both home games ill say Lakers in 6 if LA loses one of the first 2 home games then it might be Boston in 6.....however Boston loses game 6 then LA in 7.

Wow for some reason I feel like I got no where with this post.

hugepatsfan
06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
I can't see LA closing it out in BOS, so that eliminates LA in 4 or 5. I can't see BOS winning game 7 in LA. BOS won't close it in BOS because LA is too good to go down in 4 or 5 games. If BOS gets to game 6 down 3-2, I say the NBA "pushes" it towards a game 7. Therefore, I have to decide between BOS in 6 or LAL in 7.

ARMIN12NBA
06-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Im not sure how people can be so confident either team will win...both of these teams are great.

If your arguing either way and considering statistical data from the regular season, you probably don't need to be in here. If you haven't noticed the playoffs is a whole new season.....otherwise it certainly would NOT be the Celtics playing the Lakers.

Advantage: Lakers with homecourt,Kobe, Pau and reigning champs.

Advantage: Celtics with an insane PG and 3 hall of famers.

Advantage Vs. Advantage= Who could possibly know who will win? Two evenly matched teams. Going to be one hell of a series!

Truth.

JayW_1023
06-02-2010, 06:44 AM
The real key of this series is Andrew Bynum.

If Bynums knee holds up the Lakers have a slight matchup advantage...if Bynum is rendered ineffective the playing field shifts in Bostons favor.

For the neutral spectator this matchup is as good as it gets.

974life
06-02-2010, 10:44 AM
If KG pulls that dirty stuff against the Lakers, Artest just might crack that fool! WOW winning made KG a prick.

DenButsu
06-02-2010, 11:02 AM
If LA can win both home games ill say Lakers in 6 if LA loses one of the first 2 home games then it might be Boston in 6.....however Boston loses game 6 then LA in 7.

Wow for some reason I feel like I got no where with this post.

Trust your feelings.

:rolleyes:
Just kidding, man. That was actually pretty funny. :cheers:

king4day
06-02-2010, 03:43 PM
636 posts and the series hasn't even started yet :speechless:

tredigs
06-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Most concise way I can break down this series:

Whoever wins game one, wins the NBA finals. I think the Boston Celtics are winning game one.

Most excited I've been for an NBA finals since the Jordan era.

Green18
06-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Honestly, there is no one key. Bynum isn't the key to the series, Artest isn't the key to this series, the Celtics D isn't the key to this series. Sure, the lakers are better suited to guard Pierce now, but Pierce was awful against Cleveland and they still took it in 6. No one thing is going to win this series, its how everything comes together.

That being said, I think if Boston is able to take one in LA, then I think they will win 2 in Boston and then game 6 in LA. If LA sweeps the first two, I think they will definitely take one in Boston, just cause I dont think Kobe will allow his team to lose three in a row. Up 3-2 theres no way LA will lose both in LA in my opinion.

lakersdude
06-02-2010, 07:04 PM
the celtics fans just think their team is the same with that in 08, but the fact is not like that. they are old. and their offence is suck except for paula and ray. I say lakers in 6

KmB728
06-02-2010, 07:10 PM
the celtics fans just think their team is the same with that in 08, but the fact is not like that. they are old. and their offence is suck except for paula and ray. I say lakers in 6

If their offense sucks so much how did they get past the Heat, Cavs, and Magic?

Avenged
06-02-2010, 07:29 PM
If their offense sucks so much how did they get past the Heat, Cavs, and Magic?

Defense.

tredigs
06-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Defense.

Don't let your two-toothed illiterate brethren up there fool you, the Celtics have an extremely well balanced, potent offense to supplement the best D in the league.

It's going to be a MUCH tougher series for Kobe on defense, for one. He won't be able to roam around aimlessly on D like he was against the Suns. He's either going to be fighting through (the toughest) screens to try to stick with Ray Allen and his jumper, or he's going to be using every ounce of his being to slow down Rondo. That's going to take its toll on his offensive game, not to mention the fact that he'll be guarded with about ten fold more competence and vigor than he saw in the last two series. I predict his numbers (at the least, his percentages) are going to take a significant hit, so we'll see if the rest of their guys can pick up the slack.

KmB728
06-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Defense.

It took more than just defense to win

even so, if the Celtics D was enough to stop Lebron, and Wade why wouldnt it be enough to stop Kobe? They are MUCH younger and faster and stronger than Kobe!

I feel like im about to start world war 3 with this comment... :laugh2:

RaptorsFanatic
06-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Lakers in 6. It's final.

Avenged
06-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Don't let your two-toothed illiterate brethren up there fool you, the Celtics have an extremely well balanced, potent offense to supplement the best D in the league.

It's going to be a MUCH tougher series for Kobe on defense, for one. He won't be able to roam around aimlessly on D like he was against the Suns. He's either going to be fighting through (the toughest) screens to try to stick with Ray Allen and his jumper, or he's going to be using every ounce of his being to slow down Rondo. That's going to take its toll on his offensive game, not to mention the fact that he'll be guarded with about ten fold more competence and vigor than he saw in the last two series. I predict his numbers (at the least, his percentages) are going to take a significant hit, so we'll see if the rest of their guys can pick up the slack.

You pretty much saved me a paragraph.

"Defense", thanks for pulling out that example. :p

Avenged
06-02-2010, 08:35 PM
It took more than just defense to win

even so, if the Celtics D was enough to stop Lebron, and Wade why wouldnt it be enough to stop Kobe? They are MUCH younger and faster and stronger than Kobe!

I feel like im about to start world war 3 with this comment... :laugh2:

I'm not saying they don't have offense or anything. I haven't even mentioned that. Just saying, they're known for defense and are the best defensive team in the league. The majority of their W's in the postseason have come because of stellar defense.

And yes that's your opinion but even if they are younger, faster, and stronger, they don't have the team to back them up. Not much depth in Miami, and Lebron was just a one man team yet again. The Lakers are surrounded with talent, so while the Celtics have great D to contain Kobe, he has other players around him that can step up to the plate.

KmB728
06-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Lakers in 6. It's final.

in all seriousness

are you a Raptors fan, or a Laker fan?

AI4MVP
06-03-2010, 12:11 AM
im actually really excited for this series. i think its going to be great. kobe is either going to continue to solidify himself has one of the greatest players of all time, or rajon rondo has a chance to solidify himself as a top 3, if not the best, point guard in the league

69centers
06-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Celtics split in LA and sweep at home for a Finals victory in 5.

GSW Hoops
06-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Lakers in 7 errrrrrg

Jenceman
06-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Celtics split in LA and sweep at home for a Finals victory in 5.

Lol.

JordansBulls
06-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Boston IMO has a better shot winning this series than I thought Detroit had in 2004 against LA.

Green18
06-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Lol.

If you are a lakers fan I really wouldnt laugh at that. I wonder how many Orlando fans laughed at a celtics fan when he said they would take both in Orlando.

I am a Celtics fan and I don't think we will win in five, but the fact is by this point you should have learned that anything is possible, even losing two in a row to the 8 seed.

Also, I think this series is going to be a lot better than in 08 for basketball fans, but I don't think it can get any better for Celtics fans. It will be more competitive, there will be more hatred and passion, and the series has a good chance of going 7 games.

But as a celts fan, nothing can top that 08 series. The year we got the big 3, the court was named after Red, we won every home game of the series, swung the series with a 24 point comeback, pierce coming out after the injury (whether he exaggerated it or not is irrelevant, that moment gave every celtics fan the chills), demolishing the lakers at home for the title. It doesnt get much better.

Gibby23
06-03-2010, 03:20 PM
If you are a lakers fan I really wouldnt laugh at that. I wonder how many Orlando fans laughed at a celtics fan when he said they would take both in Orlando.

I am a Celtics fan and I don't think we will win in five, but the fact is by this point you should have learned that anything is possible, even losing two in a row to the 8 seed.

Also, I think this series is going to be a lot better than in 08 for basketball fans, but I don't think it can get any better for Celtics fans. It will be more competitive, there will be more hatred and passion, and the series has a good chance of going 7 games.

But as a celts fan, nothing can top that 08 series. The year we got the big 3, the court was named after Red, we won every home game of the series, swung the series with a 24 point comeback, pierce coming out after the injury (whether he exaggerated it or not is irrelevant, that moment gave every celtics fan the chills), demolishing the lakers at home for the title. It doesnt get much better.

lol

E.O.21
06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
lol

:confused:

Jenceman
06-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Wrong.

MacFitz92
06-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Celtics in 6.

I don't think there is anyway that Fisher can handle RR.

still1ballin
06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Celtics in 6.

I don't think there is anyway that Fisher can handle RR.

Kobe will be guarding him at times during the game

JordansBulls
06-04-2010, 12:41 AM
If LA wins game 2 this series is over.

tr4shb0t
06-04-2010, 12:42 AM
The team called for more 3 second violations will win the series.

heatking
06-04-2010, 12:55 AM
What the heck was wrong with Kobe in the press conference... He was a total A-hole.

clehmun
06-04-2010, 12:59 AM
What the heck was wrong with Kobe in the press conference... He was a total A-hole.

what happened?

DenButsu
06-04-2010, 12:59 AM
If LA wins game 2 this series is over.

Nah. It's not a series until someone loses at home. We could easily see this finish with a 3-game series after both teams take their home stands in the first four.

still1ballin
06-04-2010, 01:01 AM

Nope, he is all buisness. He is always like that. Didn't you see Chris Rock trying to talk and joke with him during a timeout and Kobe was just totally ignoring him.

Determination

kblo247
06-04-2010, 01:02 AM

Would you really act all friendly with people who wrote you were old, washed up, lost a step, and what not?

He has no reason to be nice to them and he shouldn't give a damn about their feelings as they didn't about his.

He sticks to doing his job and they stick to doing theirs. He doesn't have to smile or be nice just answer questions.

heatking
06-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Its all good i love Kobe, but I just felt like he didnt want to be there. Just tought it was a bit disrespectful towards the viewers.

But hey if that mentality gets you ships than i guess were good :)

DenButsu
06-04-2010, 01:09 AM
Would you really act all friendly with people who wrote you were old, washed up, lost a step, and what not?

He has no reason to be nice to them and he shouldn't give a damn about their feelings as they didn't about his.

He sticks to doing his job and they stick to doing theirs. He doesn't have to smile or be nice just answer questions.

Didn't see the presser, but two things about your post:

1) When they speak at press conferences, they're not only speaking to the media, they're speaking to all the NBA fans, including their own. Not to say they don't direct some comments at the media specifically, but as an event it's for everyone's benefit, and it should go w/out saying the the audience is much wider than the guys in the room with the mics and cameras.

2) The "Kobe gets treated so unfairly by the media" shtick is really tired. He gets much, MUCH more love and adoration than anything else.

heatking
06-04-2010, 01:10 AM
what happened?

Nothing really, just his attitude towards the audience.

heatking
06-04-2010, 01:12 AM

1) When they speak at press conferences, they're not only speaking to the media, they're speaking to all the NBA fans, including their own. Not to say they don't direct some comments at the media specifically, but as an event it's for everyone's benefit, and it should go w/out saying the the audience is much wider than the guys in the room with the mics and cameras.

2) The "Kobe gets treated so unfairly by the media" shtick is really tired. He gets much, MUCH more love and adoration than anything else.

I agree, this is how i saw it... He may not like the reporters, but the press conference is done for the fans, and audience.

Gibby23
06-04-2010, 01:13 AM

Lol. Kobe only gets love when the other teams start falling and he is the last man standing.

Gibby23
06-04-2010, 01:15 AM
I agree, this is how i saw it... He may not like the reporters, but the press conference is done for the fans, and audience.

Us Laker fans love the way he does the press conference, he doesn't care about the other hating fans.

kblo247
06-04-2010, 01:15 AM

Are any Laker fans complaining though? No, they like the business approach and most would rather Kobe keep that and just win a ring.

The ring and beating Boston does more for his fans and all Laker fans than any quote.

kblo247
06-04-2010, 01:19 AM

Did you watch the OKC series till game 5?

Did you miss out on his whole breakup with Shaq where Shaq took no blame even though he has had bad breakups with every team he is on?

Did you watch Charles Barkley put him down all the way to game 5 versus Phoenix and come up with excuses like he can't get 30 a night and then he can't get 40 after he got 30 routinely to keep on doing it?

I just think there is no need to keep the pretense of acting like he should care about what the media says or winning them over because realistically there is always a set that waits to call him out for passing too much, shooting too much, not passing enough, not shooting enough, not winning with Smush/Kwame, or even discredit him for winning with talent or Shaq needing him to win.

It just has to come to a natural point that as a human being you are going to say "**** what you all think and your feelings" , I have a job to do.

As long as he gets the job done and brings a ring to LA I have no problem with him being "arrogant", like I have no problem with Fisher being "old", Pau being "soft", Ron being "crazy", Drew being "hurt", Phil being "lucky", or Lamar being "inconsistent"

Kevj77
06-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Nah. It's not a series until someone loses at home. We could easily see this finish with a 3-game series after both teams take their home stands in the first four.Actually I think it is over if LA wins game 2. I think the 2-3-2 is ********. It is extrememly hard to win three in a row against great competetion. LA won't lose 3 in a row in Boston and would have two games in LA to close it out. I think the NBA finals should be 2-2-1-1-1 like the other rounds.

LA_fan_forewer
06-04-2010, 01:28 AM
Great win for LA, now we have to take game 2 to save our home court..
This game was great, because everybody was really dedicated and active.
Yeah everybody talks about Bos defense, but i think from now it will be only tougher, so we have to hold the momentum and dedication for our dream - R E A P E A T.
Artest done a great job, Kobe and Gasol played their heart out, Fish and Bynum were great, only Odom can do much more.
Our bench tryed to do all they could and for today it was enought, but i think they have to step up a little bit more:)
I respect Boston, because they managed to be here and today they were good and strong team, but Lakers were better, stronger and more dedicated and please LA make it happen again and again till this series are over..
Hope LA in 6

CALIABQLKRS
06-04-2010, 02:05 AM

Kobe can talk all he wants after he get's number 5! Until then its all business.. and The same media that is trying to kiss Kobe's ***** now is the same media who tried to write him off his whole damn career, so screw them... Kobe doesn't owe them anything..

And as far as KObe talking to his fans during his press conference.. What does he need to say?? As a Lakers fan first, I want Kobe to be as focused as ever and win another ring.. Kobe pays his dues by playing his hardest every game and he has that desire to win championships.. He doesnt need to be posing for pictures before the game and dancing around like an idiot during the game.. or getting all excited after one victory.. This is what separates him from the rest.. he knows one victory doesnt mean a damn thing..

leftymo
06-04-2010, 02:07 AM

he will be like that until they finish with a series win. It's black mamba's time and he's focused on defeating the C's. Nothing else matters.

No more mr. nice guy... he went into lock down mode as the conference finals drew closer to the end.

Avenged
06-04-2010, 02:10 AM
Kobe didn't say anything out of the ordinary. He isn't a lovable guy. A lot of people hate him for a reason. He's just real determined right now and is putting the work that needs to be done in this series ahead of everything else.

lakersrock
06-04-2010, 10:22 AM
The Suns may put up 110PPG in the regular season, and the Cavs and Magic only 102PPG, however the Suns gave up 105PPG, so it's no wonder you guys won, as their own defense is horrible.

Both the Cavs and Magic held opponents to 95PPG during the regular season, so the 8 points less their score per game than the Suns, is still outweighed by the 10 points less they allow the other team per game.

Overall, the Cavs and Magic were the best two teams in the NBA and we beat both in 6 games.

They only had the best records and that many PPG because they played in the Easy East. I wonder how many times West fans are gonna have to remind East fans.

JordansBulls
06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
They only had the best records and that many PPG because they played in the Easy East. I wonder how many times West fans are gonna have to remind East fans.

No. East has always been grind it out defense games since the 80's, while the west has always been high octane offense.

superkegger
06-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I thought Rondo really played poorly last night. He's got Kobe playing 5-10 feet off of him. He's got to find a way to be more effective than 13 points on 6-14 shooting. 8 assists isn't terrible, but he just never really did much. He was quiet for pretty much the entire night. His activity level was just low. If the Celtics are going to win, he's got to be way way more aggressive and exploit the matchup he's got. This is the NBA, if someone is going to play off of you and give you a 5-10 foot cushion, you have to make them pay, and he didn't, at all.

RaiderLakersA's
06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Are any Laker fans complaining though? No, they like the business approach and most would rather Kobe keep that and just win a ring.

The ring and beating Boston does more for his fans and all Laker fans than any quote.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

RaiderLakersA's
06-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Kobe didn't say anything out of the ordinary. He isn't a lovable guy. A lot of people hate him for a reason. He's just real determined right now and is putting the work that needs to be done in this series ahead of everything else.

Exactly.

And if it's anything that Kobe has -- all great champions, really -- is the ability to put on the "us against the world" mentality like it was body armor. If Kobe had behaved like a giggling idiot after winning game 1, I would be very, VERY concerned. But obviously he knows that the Lakers have unfinished business with the Celts.

Unfinished business.

RaiderLakersA's
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Actually I think it is over if LA wins game 2.

My friend was saying the same thing, on account of Boston's home record during the playoffs this year. But if we believe that, then we also have to believe that Boston has the potential to win on the road, as they've done in the playoffs. If both are true, the series is far from over after just 2 games.

The only way this series is over early is if the Lakers take 3 of the first 4 games.

JordansBulls
06-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Let's make this series interesting tonight.

JordansBulls
06-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Tie series now.

JordansBulls
06-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Big Game tomorrow for momentum of the series.

JordansBulls
06-09-2010, 08:10 AM
If LA wins another in Boston it's over.

Boston needs to literally win the next 2 at home to win this series.

Raidaz4Life
06-09-2010, 08:13 AM
I am interested in individual performances thursday night, mainly Allen for the Celtics and Kobe for the Lakers.

surf and turf
06-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Rondo has to shoot the ball. He is almost left open at the foul line. He has to do it early. That way if he is not on it will not kill them and they can go back to what they were doing. This game came down to Ray Allen. You live by the jumper you die by the jumper. If he made 1/3 of his shots Boston wins. He also played terrible in transition offense. A far cry from the way he went to the basket against Orlando. All this Laker win meat was it will go 7. If the Lakers lost it was over and they knew it. They played very well.

Gibby23
06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Rondo has to shoot the ball. He is almost left open at the foul line. He has to do it early. That way if he is not on it will not kill them and they can go back to what they were doing. This game came down to Ray Allen. You live by the jumper you die by the jumper. If he made 1/3 of his shots Boston wins. He also played terrible in transition offense. A far cry from the way he went to the basket against Orlando. All this Laker win meat was it will go 7. If the Lakers lost it was over and they knew it. They played very well.

or 5 or 6.

JordansBulls
06-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Series tied up 2-2. Now comes the pivotal game 5. Whomever wins that will win the series IMO.

lakerboy
06-11-2010, 01:08 AM
I am still confident the Lakers win in 6. They should give their all in game 5 though.

ko8e24
06-11-2010, 01:13 AM
I am still confident the Lakers win in 6. They should give their all in game 5 though.

This.

JordansBulls
06-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Gotta a feeling this is going 7. Boston wins game 5 and LA game 6.

This will be Det vs SA all over again in 2005. Hell 2005 was the last series that went 7 and before that was 1994.

ilovemyangel
06-11-2010, 03:55 AM
boston in 6.

xBLAMEITON24x
06-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Lakers win game 5 and kobe will klose in game 6

LALakersKC
06-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Game 5 a must win for Lakers. I expect them to win it.

69centers
06-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Series tied up 2-2. Now comes the pivotal game 5. Whomever wins that will win the series IMO.

I don't know about that. They showed a stat of Lakers vs. Celtics all time in Finals Game 5's and what the outcome of each series was. In all cases that the Celtics won Game 5, they went on to win the series. However, twice when the Lakers won Game 5, Boston came back and won the championship.

While it will be tough for Boston to win both in LA, I don't think it's impossible. Their defense and offense would both have to be spot on, however. I doubt it comes to this, as we're gonna win game 5!!

NZ_Lakers!
06-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Great series, lakers win game 5 on kobe winner, and close out 6 at home :) well here's hoping anyway!

sventhedog
06-11-2010, 08:08 AM
big baby is the best player ever.

69centers
06-11-2010, 09:18 AM

x2 :clap:

avrpatsfan
06-11-2010, 09:38 AM
No Scalabrine is!

JordansBulls
06-12-2010, 08:21 AM
I don't know about that. They showed a stat of Lakers vs. Celtics all time in Finals Game 5's and what the outcome of each series was. In all cases that the Celtics won Game 5, they went on to win the series. However, twice when the Lakers won Game 5, Boston came back and won the championship.

While it will be tough for Boston to win both in LA, I don't think it's impossible. Their defense and offense would both have to be spot on, however. I doubt it comes to this, as we're gonna win game 5!!

Yes, but no team has ever won games 6 and 7 on the road.

jetsRsnitchaz
06-12-2010, 08:41 AM
the winner of game 5 wins the series. boston is capable of taking 1 in LA, not 2. i think i underestimated the lakers in this one. anyone know what's going on with bynum?? it's like the celtics are overmatched when he plays, but when he is out the celtics have the advantage.

JordansBulls
06-12-2010, 11:54 PM
the winner of game 5 wins the series. boston is capable of taking 1 in LA, not 2.

Agreed!!!

JordansBulls
06-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Series becomes more interesting now.

ne3xchamps
06-13-2010, 11:17 PM
lakers don't play enough team basketball. with this momentum the c's have I don't see the lakers forcing a game 7. when kobe has to score almost half the points himself, that is a serious problem for LA. You aren't going to beat the celtics without the team helping kobe.

JordansBulls
06-13-2010, 11:52 PM
lakers don't play enough team basketball. with this momentum the c's have I don't see the lakers forcing a game 7. when kobe has to score almost half the points himself, that is a serious problem for LA. You aren't going to beat the celtics without the team helping kobe.

Lakers do play team basketball, but they do depend on Kobe and Gasol more than the Celtics depend on any two players.

NBA_Starter
06-14-2010, 12:37 AM
I said heading into this game that the winner of Game 5 would win the series, I still believe that. Boston's defense right now is just too much!

JordansBulls
06-14-2010, 08:07 AM
I said heading into this game that the winner of Game 5 would win the series, I still believe that. Boston's defense right now is just too much!

If Boston's defense is on, meaning holding LA to under 90 that will be their best shot.

todu82
06-14-2010, 09:02 AM
I think L.A. wins Game 6, setting up a Game 7. I think this is Boston's series to lose right now, but I can't see L.A. losing Game 6.

Hellcrooner
06-14-2010, 10:56 AM
The referring trough the WHOLE five games has been awful they helped L.A in game 3 they hwave allowed celtics to do wahtever they want to do in Defense in games 4 and 5 seems stern has loved teh ratings and has ordered that it comes to sevn .

If things follow any logic refs shoudl call heavily biased towars Lakers side the last two games.

Basicaly it all seems scripted to get the most revenue possible from Tv.
Had the games been refered the right way it woudl have already ended on 4-1 for Lakers

As i said is it worth watching such a league?

Super.
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Round 2. Celtics win in 6
ECF: Celtic win in 6
Finals: ???

I see a trend

JordansBulls
06-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Whats up with everyone saying it will go 7 and that Stern will make it?

Had the Lakers won last night the very same people would say Lakers close it out tomorrow night not that it would go 7.

I'm not saying it won't go 7, but people need to get off on the Stern will make it go 7 stuff?

I'm pretty sure after the 2002 allegations has gone forth there is nothing that can be done to rig games or anything.

DenButsu
06-14-2010, 12:44 PM
^What I keep coming back to is that if the NBA was really rigged, then LBJ would obviously have been in the Finals opposite Kobe. The fact that he didn't get there is Exhibit A that there is no man behind the curtain pulling levers.

ManRam
06-14-2010, 12:53 PM
^What I keep coming back to is that if the NBA was really rigged, then LBJ would obviously have been in the Finals opposite Kobe. The fact that he didn't get there is Exhibit A that there is no man behind the curtain pulling levers.

The idea of rigging games is just a myth that upset fans, who aren't able to look at their own team and realize why they lost, use to justify losing a game, or a series. If the Lakers win tomorrow, it's going to because they were the better team...yet I'm sure plenty of people will just ignore that, and for some reason blame Stern. It's the easy way out.

If the games were rigged, there wouldn't have been 3 sweeps in the conference semis. The first three rounds would have been exciting. LeBron would have made the Finals either of the last three years. Utah wouldn't have beaten Denver. A more exciting team like Dallas wouldn't have lost to the rating-killing Spurs. Chicago/Cleveland would have gone at least 6 games.

All this rigging talk is garbage. Stern has no control of the games when they are being played. The refs do, but 9 times out of 10 the games are called evenly, and the officiating doesn't decide anything.

Nothing bothers me more.

mikantsass
06-14-2010, 01:08 PM
The referring trough the WHOLE five games has been awful they helped L.A in game 3 they hwave allowed celtics to do wahtever they want to do in Defense in games 4 and 5 seems stern has loved teh ratings and has ordered that it comes to sevn .

If things follow any logic refs shoudl call heavily biased towars Lakers side the last two games.

Basicaly it all seems scripted to get the most revenue possible from Tv.
Had the games been refered the right way it woudl have already ended on 4-1 for Lakers

As i said is it worth watching such a league?

Its fans like this that give Laker fans a bad name. What a crybaby.

ko8e24
06-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Round 2. Celtics win in 6
ECF: Celtic win in 6
Finals: ???

I see a trend

They beat the Heat in 5, so your logical FAILS!

ko8e24
06-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Its fans like this that give Laker fans a bad name. What a crybaby.

I don't regard him a Laker fan. He's more of a Pau Gasol supporter.

JordansBulls
06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Some streak is getting broke this series.

Either

1) Phil Jackson's undefeated in series when winning game 1 and he finally ends up losing

and

2) The team that wins game 3 of the series when it is tied in the 2-3-2 format finally loses the series.

or

3) Boston being 11-0 in series in the finals when up 3-2.

Also let's not forget Boston won a pivotal game 5 against the Cavs when the series was tied 2-2. If they lose that game, they have to win game 7 in Cleveland. So Game 5 in Cleveland was pretty much already a Game 7, just like Game 6 in LA will be.

With LA, they still have the advantage, but they haven't been down 3-2 for a while now since 2008.

But I will admit this. The next game will probably be the hardest game the Celtics would have had to win to win a series in any year.

masalex1205
06-14-2010, 01:48 PM

lol

JordansBulls
06-15-2010, 11:30 PM
tie series now.

boolish
06-15-2010, 11:45 PM
lakers in 7...will win by double digits thursday....

iggypop123
06-15-2010, 11:47 PM
it took 5 yrs for another game 7

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Lakers in 7 lol

still1ballin
06-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Has been truly an epic series and lived up the hype.

_KB24_
06-16-2010, 12:00 AM

I'm just waiting for the day for Crooner to slip up and demand a trade for Gasol on here in a rant. The guy constantly bad mouths Kobe when Gasol transforms into Gasoft.

shep33
06-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Ric Bucher says Perkins sprained 2 ligaments... gonna give it a go on Thursday. But that's just on his twitter.

JordansBulls
06-16-2010, 12:23 AM
Ric Bucher says Perkins sprained 2 ligaments... gonna give it a go on Thursday. But that's just on his twitter.

he has no choice.

kblo247
06-16-2010, 12:26 AM
he has no choice.

Mchale said that the trainers said there was no way for him to go.

Perk may need to think about himself as the Celtics aren't exactly known for being loyal to a guy risking his career (Leon Powe). Plus I like the advantage

JordansBulls
06-16-2010, 12:49 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/celtics-lakers

Half of the analyst said it would go 7. 3 said LA in 7 and 2 said Boston in 7.

And here each of them said LA in 7.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/playoffs;_ylt=Am8f58mgy3SQcH7zDYaq5ru8vLYF

GspLAL
06-16-2010, 12:54 AM
They NBA is not rigged, but they do try to maximize profits, when the opportunity is there

JordansBulls
06-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Mchale said that the trainers said there was no way for him to go.

Perk may need to think about himself as the Celtics aren't exactly known for being loyal to a guy risking his career (Leon Powe). Plus I like the advantage

I'm sure he would play in a game 7 of the NBA Finals.

JordansBulls
06-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Things we know in this series.

1.) The team that led after the 1st quarter in each game won the game.
2.) The team that won the rebounding total won the game in each game.