PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals: (1) LA Lakers (57-25) vs (4) Boston Celtics (50-32) - Series Tied 3-3

Pages : 1 [2] 3

mikey03
05-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Yea Rondo poses a matchup problem, but the Lakers don't have to guard him tightly. The bigs just need to keep him out of the paint and guard the other players so Rondo can't make plays. They will probably keep him out on the perimeter and force him to be a jump shooter. Let him run around all he wants.

i hate when people think sagging off of rondo is the best defense. ITS THE WORST THING YOU COULD DO! It gives him room to create, build up steam and blow past you, and see the entire court. he can also hit the midrange j now, but he wont have to if you sag off of him, bc he'll be driving right past you. i pray to god kobe guards him, it'll put kobe in foul trouble and make him work

RadiantShot
05-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Haha..I never said I was rooting for LA. ;)
Just kidding, I did. I'm rooting for Kobe. Not sure about rooting for LA yet.

USMCLaker
05-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Haha..I never said I was rooting for LA. ;)
Just kidding, I did. I'm rooting for Kobe. Not sure about rooting for LA yet.

Almost 8000 posts and still not a coherent post.

Avenged
05-30-2010, 03:12 AM
Lol Radiant had like 4,000 posts 1-2 months ago and now is up to nearly 8,000. :p

USMCLaker
05-30-2010, 03:16 AM
Lol Radiant had like 4,000 posts 1-2 months ago and now is up to nearly 8,000. :p

Yea, I was just kidding though.

GO LAKERS!!!!

RadiantShot
05-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Lmao! Tryin' me like that! Not cute!

Avenged24, where have you been anyway? Haven't seen you on lately.

tr4shb0t
05-30-2010, 03:18 AM
i hate when people think sagging off of rondo is the best defense. ITS THE WORST THING YOU COULD DO! It gives him room to create, build up steam and blow past you, and see the entire court. he can also hit the midrange j now, but he wont have to if you sag off of him, bc he'll be driving right past you. i pray to god kobe guards him, it'll put kobe in foul trouble and make him work

yea maybe true, but if the paint is guarded well enough it won't matter if he is blowing past anyone. lakers would let him shoot isolation jumpers all day, he still isn't consistent enough. he could definitely draw fouls though that's for sure. he won't be easy to guard and i don't know how the lakers will handle him, but you can bet they will have an answer. should be fun to watch.

JJ_JKidd
05-30-2010, 03:22 AM
Where Redemption Happens!

USMCLaker
05-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Lmao! Tryin' me like that! Not cute!

Avenged24, where have you been anyway? Haven't seen you on lately.

Haha, you crack me up.

RadiantShot
05-30-2010, 03:28 AM
:|
I crack myself up to.
;)

Penetra8r
05-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Lake Show in 6

Lakerfrk
05-30-2010, 03:32 AM
Gimme Lakers in six

Lakers win games 1,2,4,6... duh.

Jenceman
05-30-2010, 03:34 AM
This series sets up perfectly for Paul Pierce. Once again he will be given no respect because Bryant gets all the hype. And trust me Paul takes it as an insult that this guy is galavanting in his town acting like he owns the place when we all know who is the real los angelino.... It's the truth. Inglewood bron and bred. The little prep from Devon Pa don't have a chance.

You are by far the biggest idiot I have ever interacted with.

USMCLaker
05-30-2010, 03:48 AM
You are by far the biggest idiot I have ever interacted with.

You've obviously never interacted with thepheonixson28.

Jenceman
05-30-2010, 03:50 AM
lolz

Mc Lovin
05-30-2010, 04:43 AM
I wonder if the Celtics will run a zone, and i wonder how effective Bynum will be

Celtics don't need to run a zone. They have a great defense already. Zone is for teams who don't have a great team defensive scheme. The Celtics haven't ran a zone all year because they don't need to.

Mc Lovin
05-30-2010, 04:52 AM
voting very one sided so far..

That's great. It was one sided vs. the Cavs and Magic as well. I would rather have them be the underdog.

JayW_1023
05-30-2010, 06:50 AM
I pick the Lakers in 7. The Celtics will sorely miss James Posey, a big strong defender/spot up shooter who could defend Kobe straight up with relative success.

Meanwhile the Lakers will have Ron Artest to limit Pierce, who had trouble with LeBron James. Strength is Pierces biggest weapon nowadays and Artest is even stronger than Pierce and will also make him work on the defensive end.

For Boston, Rondo is the key. He is the one guy the Lakers don't have anyone to match up with. If he puts pressure on the Lakers D, I think Boston will be competitive. If he is inconsistent, the Lakers will capitalize.

I wonder how PJ is gonna play Rondo on defense. Fisher can't guard him. If they use Artest or Kobe to zone him up, he'll just push the ball and blow by them in transition.

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Either LAkers in 6 or 7...

This would be a hell of a series..looking forwad to it...

Go Lakers!

JayW_1023
05-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Kobe will stop Rondo....just like he did Westbrook. Russell was killing us and then Kobe got in front of him and it was all over.

Rondo is not only much faster than Westbrook, he actually takes care of the basketball. He doesn't make errant passes on the move like Westbrook does.

Kobe is a great defender but he won't stop Rondo. The Cavs tries the same thing with Anthony Parker, and Rondo simply countered by pushing the ball and scoring before the defense was set.

JayW_1023
05-30-2010, 07:31 AM
The Celtics effectively defended LBJ, Wade and Howard. So it's not gonna be easy for Kobe.

Corey
05-30-2010, 07:39 AM
The Celtics effectively defended LBJ, Wade and Howard. So it's not gonna be easy for Kobe.

Kobe is much more tactical than Lebron, though.

Sure, Boston's defense is going to focus on Kobe, but unlike LeBron and Dwight, Kobe's going to have Gasol in the post and Bynum taking attention away from him.

It's going to be very tough for Boston's defense. Expect to see a lot of Tony Allen if Ray can't effectively guard Kobe.

hugepatsfan
05-30-2010, 08:11 AM
People keep sayng that Kobe will take Rondo like he did Westbrook. But there is one huge difference. Against OKC, he aas leaving Thaba Sefalosha to do it - Ray is a lot different. If Fish (who I love) guards Ray, he will average at least 22 points per game.

bRaheem
05-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Kobe is much more tactical than Lebron, though.

Sure, Boston's defense is going to focus on Kobe, but unlike LeBron and Dwight, Kobe's going to have Gasol in the post and Bynum taking attention away from him.

It's going to be very tough for Boston's defense. Expect to see a lot of Tony Allen if Ray can't effectively guard Kobe.

You r absolutely right..u cant really compare Kobe with LeBron..
I think the biggest problem will be stopping Rajon Rondo..he is really hot right now but im not sure how the injury against Orlando will affect his game, but they have Nate who proved that he can shoot and play in the playoffs.
Imo also the X-Factor will be Ray Allen, if he hits his threes then it would be hard for L.A.

I think 4-2 for L.A.:)

avrpatsfan
05-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Yea Rondo poses a matchup problem, but the Lakers don't have to guard him tightly. The bigs just need to keep him out of the paint and guard the other players so Rondo can't make plays. They will probably keep him out on the perimeter and force him to be a jump shooter. Let him run around all he wants.
Just like Howard needed to keep him out of the paint? If the 2 years running DPOY couldn't keep him out of the paint then who can? I think what you mean though is make Rondo beat you, which is a good gameplan but it could backfire.

i just hope pierce dont fake another injury .
Still bitter?

avrpatsfan
05-30-2010, 09:21 AM
You can't compare this years teams to the 2008 teams because they are both vastly different. The weakest link on the 2008 Celtics team is now our greatest strength and the Lakers are obviously better with the addition of Ron Artest. People may say our bench has gotten worse but I disagree. With Nate, Sheed, Big Baby, and Tony Allen coming off the bench we are in great shape. As we saw in game 6 against the Magic Nate can take over a game easily. Our 2008 bench was very good with Posey and Powe, but this years bench is deeper. Sheed can put up big numbers like in the Orlando series, Big Baby has emerged as a good bench player with great energy, and TA has emerged as a good defender and great slasher. The big 3 aren't as good as in 2008 obviously but not by much. Perkins is also better as well mostly on defense and rebounding. The emergence of Rondo+Perkins is bigger than the slowdown of the Big 3.
Now on to the Lakers.
This team is obviously better than the 2008 finals team. The Lakers now have Bynum and Artest playing this year and that is HUGE for them. Kobe is better now than in 2008, at least what we have seen through the first 3 rounds. Gasol has also improved since 2008. Having Bynum back is big because of his low post presence. Having Artest is also big because of his defense. He can effectively guard Pierce unlike Ariza. Derek Fisher has declined but he isn't a real factor so that doesn't matter much.

I'm going to go ahead and pick the Celtics in 7. I haven't been wrong this year so hopefully I keep up that trend!

Lil Rhody
05-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Good luck Laker and faker fans..... gonna be an amazing series just like the last one...... hopefully the Lakers can keep it close when we close them out again and not some blowout

If KG didnt go down last year does anyone think this would be the 3rd year in a row that they would face each other?

avrpatsfan
05-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Good luck Laker and faker fans..... gonna be an amazing series just like the last one...... hopefully the Lakers can keep it close when we close them out again and not some blowout

If KG didnt go down last year does anyone think this would be the 3rd year in a row that they would face each other?
Of course.

todu82
05-30-2010, 10:09 AM
I have Celtics in 7.

Jays Claw
05-30-2010, 10:21 AM
This should be a classic match up.

bolts4ever
05-30-2010, 10:51 AM
HUGE laker FAn. I Think BOTH TEAMS are much different from 2008.

Lakers are much tougher and Bigger NOW much gritier.

I say LA in 6 I believe that Artest will frustrate Pierce and Kobe will make Rondo shoot jump shoots.

If im LA I make KG beat me I dont think he can dominate a game anymore with his offense.

Ray allen and Tony Allen will spend A LOT of time on the BENCH this series, so whos left to guard KOBE after that???? Andrew Bynum will be much more effective against a slower Perkins than the fleet of foot SUNS.

AK-50
05-30-2010, 10:55 AM
dont even care.......im not even watching the finals this year

JordansBulls
05-30-2010, 10:57 AM
The whole reason Kobe defended Rondo in 2008 was because Rondo was their worst offensive player.

celticpride07
05-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Lakers cant stop Rondo..celtics Defense has been insane lately as they stopped wade..lebron..and dwight...kobe will be harder to stop but celtics should be able to get it done...plus bynum's knee is a bad shape..The benches of both teams are great and could decide the series...celtics have been destroying the best teams in the NBA these playoffs and i dont see the lakers stopping them..i will pick celtics in 6.

ShakeN'Bake
05-30-2010, 10:59 AM

Then why post?

AK-50
05-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Then why post?

because i can :facepalm: boston fans :rolleyes:

KmB728
05-30-2010, 12:00 PM
This play still gives me goose bumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeev8dZ0lg0

hugepatsfan
05-30-2010, 12:05 PM
This play still gives me goose bumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeev8dZ0lg0

That was awesome. I remember that play - I was so pumped. lol

magichatnumber9
05-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Did just about everybody forget that there's a poll attached to this thread. I don't give a **** who you thinks going to win this series. I want you to tell me why, so and so is going to win this series. That is what this thread is for isn't it?

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Rondo is not only much faster than Westbrook, he actually takes care of the basketball. He doesn't make errant passes on the move like Westbrook does.

Kobe is a great defender but he won't stop Rondo. The Cavs tries the same thing with Anthony Parker, and Rondo simply countered by pushing the ball and scoring before the defense was set.

lol man..

Your comparing kobe to anthony parker? Oh my God....Not even half close..

He will indeed not stop rondo but he will make it difficult and minimize him than usual..

leftymo
05-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Both teams play tough defense. There are four big differences from 2008 to now.

1. LA has homecourt
2. Andrew Bynum is LA's center
3. Nobody to guard Kobe (Posey is gone)
4. Somebody to guard Pierce (its not VladRad & Walton)

Boston is playing rather well, and probably could get a split in LA. LA will win one in Boston too. If Bynum contributes, LA has the advantage. If Pau is on Perk and Odom on KG, then Boston has the advantage. I think it will come down to who wants it more.

The only reason why I don't consider Rondo, is b/c LA has just gone through Westbrook, D. Williams, and Steve Nash... As funny as it seems, I think LA just has to dare KG to beat them.

KmB728
05-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Both teams play tough defense. There are four big differences from 2008 to now.

1. LA has homecourt
2. Andrew Bynum is LA's center
3. Nobody to guard Kobe (Posey is gone)
4. Somebody to guard Pierce (its not VladRad & Walton)

Boston is playing rather well, and probably could get a split in LA. LA will win one in Boston too. If Bynum contributes, LA has the advantage. If Pau is on Perk and Odom on KG, then Boston has the advantage. I think it will come down to who wants it more.

The only reason why I don't consider Rondo, is b/c LA has just gone through Westbrook, D. Williams, and Steve Nash... As funny as it seems, I think LA just has to dare KG to beat them.

And Boston just went through Wade Lebron and Dwight... whats your point? The past series mean nothing now

jetsforever
05-30-2010, 12:33 PM
I'll be cheering for the Lakers. Cool that its a rematch of 2 years ago. I feel like Kobe and the Lakers repeat.

*Superman*
05-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Is it possible that both teams lose?

magichatnumber9
05-30-2010, 12:41 PM
And Boston just went through Wade Lebron and Dwight... whats your point? The past series mean nothing nowHe is talking about the two point guard matchups. He makes a good point, Fish held his own against 3 top tier point guards. What's to say Rondo is any different? If Fish can silence Rondo, then Boston could be in some trouble. I'm sure Tibs is working on that right now.

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 12:46 PM

thanks for sharing

RaiderLakersA's
05-30-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm just eager to see The Machine vs. Krypto-Nate!!! Just kidding.

The Lakers win in 6.

Garnett isn't the Garnett of old, and you need him in THIS series more than ever. If the Lakers can get 70% healthy Bynum, that is more than enough to bring some integrity to the paint as well as D up on the other end. Gasol is tougher and has to be defended and kept off the boards. Even in his "quiet" games, that hasn't happened. Advantage Lakers.

Artest on Pierce is a death match worth watching. Pierce is going to work for shots, exerting lots of energy. Then he'll have to turn around and guard Kobe on the other end of the court. It's too much to ask one man. Advantage Lakers.

Sheldon Brown and Fisher on Rondo is enough to feed into the hubris of the Celtics. The Lakers routinely face better opposing PG's. It is never our intent to shut down PG play, but better manage it. If Rondo has big scoring games, so be it. Just as long as we choke off the assists and getting the other Celtics involved, we'll be ok.

Bench would matter, if the Lakers were one of those teams that went with their bench for loooooong stretches of the game during the playoffs. With the exception of Odom, who is essentially a starter, the Lakers don't rely on heavy doses of the bench unless we have a large lead. Sure, the Celtics may have a better bench on paper, but when you're facing the starting Lakers 4 for 90% of the game, that will force Doc to reassess his rotations. In short, if the Celtics aren't getting it done with their starters, don't expect a miracle from the bench. Advantage Celtics as far as the bench play, but advantage Lakers because they won't rely on their bench as much.

Finally, HCA matters. Advantage Lakers.

This is going to be a good series, but I still think the Lakers win it in 5 or 6. Sure, you shutdown Wade, LeBron, and Dwight, but I see this -- and I think Kobe sees this -- as an opportunity to distance himself from that pack of superstars. What better way to cement his position as the creme of the crop of the creme of the crop than to help defeat the team that sent Wade, LeBron, et al., home?

Can't wait for Thursday to get here. Go Lakers!!!

Raoul Duke
05-30-2010, 12:51 PM
My head says it's gonna be LA, but my heart says Boston.

The C's are on a straight up tear right now, but KG was looking a little worn down in the ECF, Kendrick Perkins is (I think) one tech away from missing a game, and they had two players suffer concussions (although one of them hardly plays). I guess I have to see the first game before I can form any kind of intelligent opinion. For now I'm picking the Lakers in seven.

dre1990
05-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Celtics in 6

i don't think Fisher can keep up with Rondo :shrug:

And if you put Kobe on him does Fisher guard Ray Ray?

Fisher has had to keep up with westbrook, Deron Williams, and Steve Nash.
Lakers in 6 MAYBE 7

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 01:12 PM

The Lakers win in 6.

Garnett isn't the Garnett of old, and you need him in THIS series more than ever. If the Lakers can get 70% healthy Bynum, that is more than enough to bring some integrity to the paint as well as D up on the other end. Gasol is tougher and has to be defended and kept off the boards. Even in his "quiet" games, that hasn't happened. Advantage Lakers.

Artest on Pierce is a death match worth watching. Pierce is going to work for shots, exerting lots of energy. Then he'll have to turn around and guard Kobe on the other end of the court. It's too much to ask one man. Advantage Lakers.

Sheldon Brown and Fisher on Rondo is enough to feed into the hubris of the Celtics. The Lakers routinely face better opposing PG's. It is never our intent to shut down PG play, but better manage it. If Rondo has big scoring games, so be it. Just as long as we choke off the assists and getting the other Celtics involved, we'll be ok.

Bench would matter, if the Lakers were one of those teams that went with their bench for loooooong stretches of the game during the playoffs. With the exception of Odom, who is essentially a starter, the Lakers don't rely on heavy doses of the bench unless we have a large lead. Sure, the Celtics may have a better bench on paper, but when you're facing the starting Lakers 4 for 90% of the game, that will force Doc to reassess his rotations. In short, if the Celtics aren't getting it done with their starters, don't expect a miracle from the bench. Advantage Celtics as far as the bench play, but advantage Lakers because they won't rely on their bench as much.

This is going to be a good series, but I still think the Lakers win it in 5 or 6. Sure, you shutdown Wade, LeBron, and Dwight, but I see this -- and I think Kobe sees this -- as an opportunity to distance himself from that pack of superstars. What better way to cement his position as the creme of the crop of the creme of the crop than to help defeat the team that sent Wade, LeBron, et al., home?

hurried your typing man? hahaha:D

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 01:22 PM
HCA matters when you are facing other teams, not the Celtics. They were a better team on the road than at home.

The team that wins this series will just be flat out better.

JNA17
05-30-2010, 01:28 PM
jeez 300 replies and 21 pages already? by the time the series actually starts, well be in part 2 or part 3 of this discussion.

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 01:30 PM
HCA matters when you are facing other teams, not the Celtics. They were a better team on the road than at home.

The team that wins this series will just be flat out better.

It does matter especially when your also facing a good home team...

LAkers are 8-0 at home..

Agree on the bolded part..

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 01:33 PM
It does matter especially when your also facing a good home team...

LAkers are 8-0 at home..

Agree on the bolded part..

Its the most overrated thing in basketball. If the Lakers/Celtics don't show up a particular night, the crowd noise or facility familiarity doesnt mean ****.

JNA17
05-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Its the most overrated thing in basketball. If the Lakers/Celtics don't show up a particular night, the crowd noise or facility familiarity doesnt mean ****.

forgot to mention that from now to the past 3 years that the lakers are 28-3 at home in the playoffs ;)

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 01:38 PM

lol...it does matter..its the championship...Crowd would be in a frenzy and would be pump up..

Plus you just stated the C's are a good road team I just replied that the LAkers are a good home team and are 8-0..so that means they play way better at home...

The Final Boss
05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
People continue to reveal their ignorance if they think Kobe can be stopped. He's not Wade, James, or Howard...he's the best player on the planet. With the Lakers system Bryant doesn't need to score for them to win. Fisher can guard Allen and if people think for one second Kobe can't guard Rondo for a series with back line defense they have no business watching basketball. Lakers in 5 or 6. Can't wait to see a commercial of Lebron's puppet fishing on a lake or teeing off on a golf course.

robdog_5
05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
HCA means little to this Boston team. They beat Orlando and Cleveland who had as good or better HC #'s then LA 2 out of 3 games. A young team or mentally fragile team this effects, the Boston not so much.

robdog_5
05-30-2010, 01:41 PM
People continue to reveal their ignorance if they think Kobe can be stopped. He's not Wade, James, or Howard...he's the best player on the planet. With the Lakers system Bryant doesn't need to score for them to win. Fisher can guard Allen and if people think for one second Kobe can't guard Rondo for aseries with back line defense they have no business watching basketball. Lakers in 5 or 6.

Rondo tore Kobe up earlier this year. Regardless Rondo will make Kobe work harder then he has had to all playoffs by actually having to defend somebody. Which will burn his legs up a bit when having to play offense. Boston will also be much more physical with Kobe, he will get his but he won't be able to dominate in evey area like he did against Suns when they allowed him to get wherever he wanted by running a zone. I expect Kobe to score but his shooting pct to be down in this series.

robdog_5
05-30-2010, 01:42 PM
forgot to mention that from now to the past 3 years that the lakers are 28-3 at home in the playoffs ;)

what's their record against Boston? :clap:

RaiderLakersA's
05-30-2010, 01:43 PM
HCA means little to this Boston team. They beat Orlando and Cleveland who had as good or better HC #'s then LA 2 out of 3 games. A young team or mentally fragile team this effects, the Boston not so much.

Neither Boston nor LA are young, mentally fragile teams.

No, HCA speaks to more than crowd participation. There is a reason why they coined the phrase "home cooking." What is a foul or technical in Orlando may not be a foul or technical in Boston. See what I did there?

Avenged
05-30-2010, 01:45 PM
HCA does matter and it matters a lot. The Celtics are a great road team but lets not forget the Lakers are a great home team as well. Not only are the lakers undefeated at home, they've won on the road in every series this postseason as well. So it's not only the Celtics who have proven they can win on the road.

HCA doesn't play a factor much when the road team is a flat out better team. The Celtics are not a flat out better team than the Lakers. These 2 teams are very close and HCA will come into play IF the Lakers take advantage.

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 01:48 PM
what's their record against Boston? :clap:

after your 2008 championship your record against us is 1-3..LOl

the one game you won was without kobe..haha

So dont' be so cocky regarding records because it won't matter in the upcoming games...

Avenged
05-30-2010, 01:52 PM

Yes you're right, but the Lakers aren't a mentally fragile team as well. CLE and ORL haven't proven anything. They haven't proven they could win when it matters, they haven't proven they can win it all, ever. The Lakers have, that's why I think HCA will be a factor. Tell you what though, I do feel Boston will steal one in L.A since they are a great road team, but I also feel the Lakers will do the same because they're not a bad road team as well.

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Game one would be the most important game..

robdog_5
05-30-2010, 02:00 PM

The Lakers win in 6.

Garnett doesn't have the lift or upper body strength, but still posses a good jump shot and back to basket game. Gasol is still soft as evidenced by Amare pushing him around after games 1 and 2. Gasol will have to work much harder for points then he has all playoffs, as KG and Perk are better defenders the Pau has faced all playoffs.

Pierce won't be defending Kobe much, if he does he it will be sparingly as Ray who is actually a pretty good defender as evidenced by his work on Lebron, will get the first crack. Tony Allen who absolutley shut down Wade and Lebron for long stretches in games will be on Kobe off the bench and he is a pest. As for Artest vs. Pierce, Artest will defend PP great, but the great thing about the Celtics is they have 4 guys who can be the #1 option on any night. PP's #'s vs Artest actually haven't been off much from his career #'s anyway as from almost all the big scoring SF's in the league Ron covers PP has been the best compared to his regular #s.

If Phil sticks with Fisher on Rondo then advantage Boston huge. Phil won't do that for 2 reasons, Fisher can't stay in front of Rondo and Kobe will have to chase Ray off screens all day, which will make him work much harder then LA will want on defense. Sheldon Brown? I think you meant Shannon Brown is athletic but not great on D and Rondo will be to quick for him.

Bench will matter. It's a matter of who gets the best quality minutes off their bench. Lakers use their bench less which could favor Boston considering this is going to be physical and guys will be exerting more energy and guys are likley to be in foul trouble in tightly officated games. Sheed can defend Gasol and Bynum well as he is crafty, 7 foot and a good defender, he can also stretch one of LA's 7 footers out of the lane, creating space for Rondo to get in the lane. Tony Allen will get minutes on Kobe and pester him like he does, some games Kobe might torch him and some games Allen might give great defensive minutes, he can be hit or miss but usually does both in a series. Glen Davis can hit a jump shot and is really really physical, he will bang Gasol, Bynum and Odom and if they are not up to the challenge he will make his impact. Finley will get little to no burn unless major foul trouble, Nate may get a chance to do something and he could either be great or horrible. I like Boston's bench over LAs for multple reasons.

HCA doesn't matter to Boston, every other team in the league it does. Boston had the second best road record this past season in a year where they had tons of injuries and coasted at the end of the year to get healthy giving up meaningless games. Orlando and Cleveland had the best 2 records in the NBA and as good or better Home Records then LA. Boston took 2 out of 3 on their own home floors in both those series.

LA will give Boston everything they can and I think it will be a great series.

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 02:01 PM
after your 2008 championship your record against us is 1-3..LOl

the one game you won was without kobe..haha

So dont' be so cocky regarding records because it won't matter in the upcoming games...

You're a Yankee/Laker fan, funny how you use "us"

because this Celtics team hasnt been completely different than the one in the regular season? Take those petty meaningless wins with a grain of salt.

Avenged
05-30-2010, 02:05 PM

because this Celtics team hasnt been completely different than the one in the regular season? Take those petty meaningless wins with a grain of salt.

You're right, but the Lakers haven't been either. It's all good when you have confidence in your team, you have the right to. Just don't discredit another team while doing so, you know what I mean?

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 02:06 PM

so what's the problem with that? I ain't from the US so I don't root for teams on the same state..Plus I been a fan of both since I was in elementary? I'm now 23 years old..haha..

yeah...I know that's why I said those wins don't matter at all so you don't need to boast about your record against us since we took 3 of the last four from you..

kvrnm
I think this series is simple. If there is a split in games 1 and 2, then Boston will win this, if LA wins games 1 and 2, then LA will win this.

agreeed

ZioAx
You're right, but the Lakers haven't been either. It's all good when you have confidence in your team, you have the right to. Just don't discredit another team while doing so, you know what I mean?

I'm not going to credit the Lakers for winning regular season games. It means nothing and I'd say the same thing if we swept you this past season.

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 02:08 PM
so what's the problem with that? I ain't from the US so I don't root for teams on the same state..Plus I been a fan of both since I was in elementary? I'm now 23 years old..haha..

yeah...I know that's why I said those wins don't matter at all so you don't need to boast about your record against us since we took 3 of the last four from you..

You're boasting about regular season wins, he was boasting about Final's wins. See the difference?

Avenged
05-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm not going to credit the Lakers for winning regular season games. It means nothing and I'd say the same thing if we swept you this past season.

Wasn't referring to the regular season. L.A and BOS didn't necessarily have a dominating regular season like they're having a postseason.

Avenged
05-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Boasting about finals wins that happened 2 years ago is pretty much the same thing as boasting about regular season wins that happened THIS YEAR if not worse.

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
You're boasting about regular season wins, he was boasting about Final's wins. See the difference?

that was 2 years ago...see the difference alsO? Since then what happened? lol

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Boasting about finals wins that happened 2 years ago is pretty much the same thing as boasting about regular season wins that happened THIS YEAR if not worse.

Celtics have the same starting 5. Bynum's knee is an issue and the only change is Artest. I think its a good measuring stick, certainly better than regular season games.

robdog_5
05-30-2010, 02:22 PM
You boasted 28-3 over last 3 playoffs. Well 1-1 at home vs Boston in that same span. So your 27-2 over 90% against everybody and 50% against the C's. You see the difference here?

Weather Cleveland or Orlando has won a championship is irrelevent they are great at home and Boston managed to win 2 of 3 in the series. HCA doesn't matter to the C's they actually play better on the road, Lakers can't say the same.

And if your saying Cleveland and Oralando haven't proven anything I would say your right they are 0-3 combined when Boston lineups intact. But LA hasn't proven they can beat this Boston team either as they where humilated the last time.

Just to clarify, this Boston lineup is 11-0 in series.

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 02:29 PM
You boasted 28-3 over last 3 playoffs. Well 1-1 at home vs Boston in that same span. So your 27-2 over 90% against everybody and 50% against the C's. You see the difference here?

Weather Cleveland or Orlando has won a championship is irrelevent they are great at home and Boston managed to win 2 of 3 in the series. HCA doesn't matter to the C's they actually play better on the road, Lakers can't say the same.

And if your saying Cleveland and Oralando haven't proven anything I would say your right they are 0-3 combined when Boston lineups intact. But LA hasn't proven they can beat this Boston team either as they where humilated the last time.

Just to clarify, this Boston lineup is 11-0 in series.

has your team proven to beat LA When their lineup is also complete? Same could be said for your team...After that championship you only won once against us and that was when kobe was not playing..alSO We snap your winning streak last season..

When you won against us in 2008 we had puke and rad as our SF plus an injured bynum so your team have not faced a complete LA team..

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 02:31 PM
anyway Goodluck on the series... need to go to sleep..

Go Lakers!!!

Gibby23
05-30-2010, 02:31 PM
The old men on Boston are going to show just how old they feel this series. There were signs of wear and tear at the end of the Magic series. Lakers in 5 or 6.

robdog_5
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
lol this is the FINALS not regular season. You saw how much Boston worries about the regular season

robdog_5
05-30-2010, 02:34 PM
The old men on Boston are going to show just how old they feel this series. There were signs of wear and tear at the end of the Magic series. Lakers in 5 or 6.

Ya a 12 point closeout win is wear and tear. Good thing is they have 5 days to rest up and study film

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 02:37 PM
lol this is the FINALS not regular season. You saw how much Boston worries about the regular season

You saw that was also 2 years ago and lots had changed...?

Gibby23
05-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Ya a 12 point closeout win is wear and tear. Good thing is they have 5 days to rest up and study film

Study all they want, Lakers aint losing this series. Celtics win a game or 2.

Gibby23
05-30-2010, 02:42 PM

lol they only have 1 championship in 2 decades and you act like they have been coasting through the regular season for years.

avrpatsfan
05-30-2010, 02:54 PM
lol they only have 1 championship in 2 decades and you act like they have been coasting through the regular season for years.
It's not called coasting it's called not worrying about the regular season.

still1ballin
05-30-2010, 03:08 PM

then don't post

Avenged
05-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Anyways, Boston fans think L.A has no chance because they won 2 years ago, I guess. You guys are boasting about winning 2 years ago but yet get all offended when we boast about something that happened this year and the previous.

We'll just see what happens. I really hope the Celtics team underestimates the Lakers just how the fans are. ;)

Dodgers99
05-30-2010, 03:46 PM
I'll take the Celtics in 6. Rondo will be the key, he is leaps and bounds better than 2 years ago. Not to Mention, the Celtics are the only team that can match the Lakers length, as well as superior guard play. Finally, the Celtics play defense like the Lakers haven't seen.

Jenceman
05-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Should be intense

ManRam
05-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I finally decided. My prediction: Lakers in 6.

Jenceman
05-30-2010, 04:15 PM
So ManRam, you've converted to the good side of the force I see.

superkegger
05-30-2010, 04:18 PM
The Lakers don't have an answer for Rondo. And they have had trouble with guards with his style (quick as hell). I don't know how they'll defend him. So that will be interesting.

At the same time, I don't feel like the Celtics are as well equipped to guard Kobe this time around as they were in 2008. They play excellent team defense, yes, but I also feel like Kobe's playing at a higher level right now (I know it was vs the Suns and Jazz, who aren't great defensive teams, and while the Suns did a good job of contesting most of Kobe's shots, he still got the ball in spots where he wanted, which is the key, and that's why Kobe struggled so badly in 08 because the Celtics didn't let him get to the spots on the floor where he wanted to be.) So we'll see if they can be as effective this go round as they were in 08.

Also though, the Lakers didn't really have a SF in 08 to match up with Pierce. Now they have ron ron. I feel like ron ron is very well suited to guard Pierce, since Pierce doesn't rely on screens to get open, or his quickness to get his shot off, but his strength. Pierce is a guy who creates his own shot, and against that kind of offensive player is where ron ron plays his best defense.

As usual LO plays his key role off the bench. But more importantly, Bynum has to stay on the floor and out of foul trouble for his allotted minutes, and be sharp on his rotations, and rebound. If he isn't it puts more pressure on LO, and it would force Pau to shift to C for longer, and have a tougher matchup with a more physical Perkins.

I think the Lakers will win, but I'm also a Lakers fan, so I am biased.

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Cavs worried me more than the Lakers do. Lets get it going.

Lakers better be prepared to play physical or this will be one sided.

wileyisTOFU
05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
David Stern ladies and gentlemen!

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 04:36 PM

Just like they were too old to make the playoffs, we saw that towards the end of the season. :cool:

CrotchetyOldMan
05-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Celtics have got this...The Lakers are still soft, especially in the frontcourt, and will not be prepared to deal with the defense the Celtics bring...Gasol and Bynum will struggle and they'll have to rely on Kobe to save the day and that won't be enough to win the series...The Lakers have yet to face a team that even considers playing defense and are about to run into one of the toughest, most physical defenses i've seen in a long time...Any time I watched the LakeShow play against a physically aggressive defense this year they struggled and whined and focused all their attention on the refs and trying to get calls and ended up losing by not being focused on the game or having to beat mediocre teams with last second shots...They will fold it up and Kobe will be pissed cause he'll have a great series and realize his team is still too soft to beat a team with a real championship level mentality...and yeah I'm definitely not a Celtics fan...just calling it how i see it from an outside perspective...if only there was some way both teams could lose...

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Celtics have got this...The Lakers are still soft, especially in the frontcourt, and will not be prepared to deal with the defense the Celtics bring...Gasol and Bynum will struggle and they'll have to rely on Kobe to save the day and that won't be enough to win the series...The Lakers have yet to face a team that even considers playing defense and are about to run into one of the toughest, most physical defenses i've seen in a long time...Any time I watched the LakeShow play against a physically aggressive defense this year they struggled and whined and focused all their attention on the refs and trying to get calls and ended up losing by not being focused on the game or having to beat mediocre teams with last second shots...They will fold it up and Kobe will be pissed cause he'll have a great series and realize his team is still too soft to beat a team with a real championship level mentality...and yeah I'm definitely not a Celtics fan...just calling it how i see it from an outside perspective...if only there was some way both teams could lose...

This :clap:

I want that 18th banner baby

hugepatsfan
05-30-2010, 04:41 PM

I'm not sure about whether or not it will win the series for BOS, but I agree with your point. I think how the Lakers react to the aggressive/physical BOS D is a huge story to follow.

gbpackers12
05-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Lakers in 6.

Bruno
05-30-2010, 04:59 PM
I voted Laker in 6, but wouldn't be surprised by a 7th game.

Either way, the Lakers win in Boston Garden, or at home for the first time since the 2000 Championship.

RaptorsFanatic
05-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Sig bets anyone?

LOL. The controversy begins.

tr4shb0t
05-30-2010, 05:13 PM
where were all these celtic "fans" during the regular season when things were looking down? lmao

ManRam
05-30-2010, 05:25 PM
So ManRam, you've converted to the good side of the force I see.

Me picking a team and me rooting for a team are two completely different things. I think the Lakers are just better. I don't want them to win, but I do think they are better.

ManRam
05-30-2010, 05:27 PM
David Stern ladies and gentlemen!

Elaborate?

I think the two best teams made it :shrug:

Are you saying he pulled the string to get these two teams here? Laughable.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-30-2010, 05:45 PM
If the refs let KG set his illegal picks, Lakers in 6. If they call him on it, Lakers in 4

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-30-2010, 05:46 PM
:facepalm:^^^^wtf!

Jenceman
05-30-2010, 05:48 PM
No Lakers- Celtics event is complete without a bunch of spam porn.

RaptorsFanatic
05-30-2010, 05:49 PM
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************

wtf

Jenceman
05-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Me picking a team and me rooting for a team are two completely different things. I think the Lakers are just better. I don't want them to win, but I do think they are better.

Lies.

ugafan
05-30-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm having a tough time deciding who's I think is going to win.
Rondo is going to **** all over Fisher/Farmar and same with Kobe over Allen.

I don't necessarily like either team, but I think the Lakers take it in 7.

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Hard Celtic team? KG is all bark and no bite. Paul Pierce is the biggest actress in the league. I bet when he comes out for the team introductions, he'll be wearing a full body cast. Ray Allen? NO! The only guy that is legitimately tough is Perkins. KG and Rasheed are 7 foot jump shooters. Lakers in 4

Even LA player's said they were too soft compared the the Celtics when they embarrassed your team. I'll expect you to go in hiding when the Lakers do lose. Pau is going to bow down once KG and Sheed get rough with him. I cant wait to see your prissy team against the Celts.

KaganRS
05-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Lakers or Celtics ?

(mention your team as well)

I'm a Pistons fan going for the Celtics because I like their gritty style of play and their heart. Also , i'm a pretty big fan of Sheeeeeeed.

JasonJohnHorn
05-30-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm pulling for Boston but my money's on L.A. :-(

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2010, 06:24 PM
I can see Perkins, Sheed and Garnett giving the Lakers big men a hard time because of their defense. And Fisher will not stop Rondo.

Then again, Kobe is Kobe. And Artest will shut down Pierce or close to it.

Can go either way. I just wanna see a really competitive series.

maddBat
rooting 4 the lakers. been a kobe fan. but also a nets fan =/. lol was a bad season 4 me n the nets but i think we'r on our way up from rock bottom.

gbpackers12
I'm a Pistons fan and i'm cheering for Boston because of Ray Allen, but i think the Lakers might be too much for Boston.

Sadds The Gr8
05-30-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm pulling for Boston but my money's on L.A. :-(

this. I hate both teams, but LA has more bandwagon jumpers where I'm from.

BradyIsTheMan12
05-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Hoping the Celtics win because I hate LA. I'm a Blazer fan...

loufor2
05-30-2010, 06:28 PM
As a Sixers fan, i hate the celtics...alot. I like odom and artest..so i will be rooting for the lakers.

Also, I strongly dislike Peirce and Garnett. I do like Allen and Rondo though

robdog_5
05-30-2010, 06:34 PM
LOL all bark no bite. Kobe, Pau, and Odom all agreed Boston pushed them around last time. What does that make LA if a team that is all bark and no bite ruined LA. LA can step up their toughness for 1 game or 2, but as the series goes on Boston who always plays this way will wear LA down and they will whine and cry like usual. Gasoft will fold, Phil will be trying to get the refs attention through the media. It will be like deja vu.

I love how every Laker fan gives nothing of substance but just makes guesses at the series.

xabial
05-30-2010, 06:35 PM
As a knicks fan i hate the celtics....a lot. Im rooting for Kobe to get his 5th ring. Their capable of having a dynasty. They just have to get past the celtics which should be really difficult. I wouldnt be surprised if it goes to game 7.

Agility
05-30-2010, 06:40 PM
76ers fan who wants Boston to win. I hate the Lakers.

xabial
05-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Most importantly i want the great Luke Walton to get his 2nd ring :guns:

td0tsfinest
05-30-2010, 06:45 PM
whats the point of this thread when we have this http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490469

xabial
05-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Lakers in 7

xabial
05-30-2010, 06:48 PM
whats the point of this thread when we have this http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490469

You have to state what team your a fan of ;)

gwrighter
05-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Celtics in 6, rondo finals MVP. Andrew Bynum a no show. Kobe gets his numbers, Pau underperforms. Sheed wallace comes up big. Lamar Odom Comes up Big.

The Final Boss
05-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I've been through page upon page in this thread and found one very important missing post...people are over looking Los Angeles as being a top defensive team in this league. Yes Boston plays great defense...but so do the Lakers. And in a half court set the Lakers are a top 5 defense in the league. We all know damn well Kobe is gonna have the troops ready on both ends of the floor.

shep33
05-30-2010, 08:10 PM
The last finals Kobe got absolutely no help. I think Boston will try to play that strategy again. Run 2 guys at Kobe, so Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum all have to step up for LA to win. This series should be better for Bynum, cause the pace will be a lot slower, unlike really the last 3 that the Lakers have had... OKC, Utah, and Phoenix all like to push with their great pg's. This series will be physical, and probably the two keys are Artest vs Pierce, and KG, Perk, and Sheed, vs Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.

OrderOfCook
05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
Lakers sweep, Kobe averages 35 a game.

RadiantShot
05-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I think from what happened in the ECF & WCF, nobody has the right to say either team will sweep one another. Some of you guys are completely underestimating your opponent..

SouljahPhil...
05-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Cavs worried me more than the Lakers do. Lets get it going.

Lakers better be prepared to play physical or this will be one sided.

Same here...Cavs worried me more than C's..

RadiantShot
05-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Same here...Cavs worried me more than C's..

In all honesty, I can say it was the same exact case in the ECF, for the Orlando Magic, whom I was rooting for. When we got Boston, I thought, "Yes, Old guys! Let's go!" After the first game, I was wishing we would've had Cleveland instead..Never underestimate the heart of a Champion. Should be a good series.

DenButsu
05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Before the conference finals I would have said Boston in 6. Now I've changed that to Boston in 7.

I think these teams are pretty evenly matched at the end of the day. But the difference maker to me is that the Cs have a killer instinct as a team collective, whereas the Lakers have a killer instinct because of Kobe. In both CF series, both teams showed some chinks in their armor, and some worrisome (for their fans) tendencies to let their opponents get back into the series and into games.

I guess one bit of good news for the Lakers, though, is that the chances are pretty good that KP will miss a game after getting T'd up, which pretty much gives them a freebie if it happens.

DenButsu
05-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Lakers sweep, Kobe averages 35 a game.

2nd part, at least, is quite possible. But the 1st? No way.

I'm picking the Cs, although it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Lakers win. I really don't think there's a glaring favorite at this point.

But I'll be shocked if this series goes less than 6, no matter who wins.

The Final Boss
05-30-2010, 08:59 PM
The last finals Kobe got absolutely no help. I think Boston will try to play that strategy again. Run 2 guys at Kobe, so Gasol, Odom, Artest, Bynum all have to step up for LA to win. This series should be better for Bynum, cause the pace will be a lot slower, unlike really the last 3 that the Lakers have had... OKC, Utah, and Phoenix all like to push with their great pg's. This series will be physical, and probably the two keys are Artest vs Pierce, and KG, Perk, and Sheed, vs Bynum, Gasol, and Odom.

So basically the keys to the series are the Lakers vs. Celtics?

Arsenal9141
05-30-2010, 10:20 PM
I keep reading how the celtics are an great road team...so are the lakers, look at the Home and road records of both teams....Boston Home 24-17 Road 26-15 Lakers Home 34-7 Road 23-18...not much of a difference except for that it's been proven that the Lakers can take care of business at home and the Celtics are iffy at best...i say lakers in 6...win games one and two at home...win game 4 to put the celts on the ropes and close it off in LA so lakers fans can throw rocks and shake the bus of the celtics...as their fans did to the lakers in '08....cant wait til thursday though...

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Some people here probably forgot that it is 2-3-2 in the finals.

That gives Boston a better chance than they would have if it was 2-2-1-1-1.

LegitPH3nom248
05-30-2010, 10:34 PM
lakeshow with the back to back titles in 6.

69centers
05-30-2010, 10:53 PM
I pick the Lakers in 7. The Celtics will sorely miss James Posey, a big strong defender/spot up shooter who could defend Kobe straight up with relative success.

Meanwhile the Lakers will have Ron Artest to limit Pierce, who had trouble with LeBron James. Strength is Pierces biggest weapon nowadays and Artest is even stronger than Pierce and will also make him work on the defensive end.

For Boston, Rondo is the key. He is the one guy the Lakers don't have anyone to match up with. If he puts pressure on the Lakers D, I think Boston will be competitive. If he is inconsistent, the Lakers will capitalize.

I wonder how PJ is gonna play Rondo on defense. Fisher can't guard him. If they use Artest or Kobe to zone him up, he'll just push the ball and blow by them in transition.

You must have missed the post from the guy who put up Pierce's career numbers against Artest. It was like 23 PPG. That's even going back to when Artest was younger and a better defender on the Pacers.

Pierce has always got the better of Artest. Always. The only thing Artest has on Pierce in their games is more pushes and shoves. Don't think that's a stat though.

I love how everyone thinks Artest on the Lakers is some elite defender and how quickly they forgot his prior, better years where he still consistently got burned by PP.

69centers
05-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I've been through page upon page in this thread and found one very important missing post...people are over looking Los Angeles as being a top defensive team in this league. Yes Boston plays great defense...but so do the Lakers. And in a half court set the Lakers are a top 5 defense in the league. We all know damn well Kobe is gonna have the troops ready on both ends of the floor.

Right. Nice try. :pity: That's why they are giving up 101PPG in the playoffs, and the Celtics are giving up 91PPG.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Right. Nice try. :pity: That's why they are giving up 101PPG in the playoffs, and the Celtics are giving up 91PPG.

To be fair, Lakers faced Phoenix(1st in Points), Utah(4th in points) and OKC(14th in points) while Celtics faced Orlando(6th in points), Cleveland(9th in points) and Miami(25th in points).

Not saying Lakers are better but they are pretty good on defense.

RadiantShot
05-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Like I said..Some of you should hop off your high-horse, and not underestimate each other. You might be in for a rude awakening.

gerber
05-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Lakers in 6.

Kobe is out for revenge.
Gasol is out for revenge.
P. Jackson is out for revenge.
And artest is gonna take care of the oscar winner P. Pierce.

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 11:40 PM
Sig bets anyone?

LOL. The controversy begins.

sig bet for what? You have a Raptor username with a Kobe avatar. Let me guess you're a Boston fan?

iggypop123
05-30-2010, 11:42 PM
just an observation. this has been a revenge postseason. spurs on the mavs. lakers on the jazz. lakers on the suns. celtics on the cavs. celtics on the magic.

The Final Boss
05-30-2010, 11:43 PM
You must have missed the post from the guy who put up Pierce's career numbers against Artest. It was like 23 PPG. That's even going back to when Artest was younger and a better defender on the Pacers.

Pierce has always got the better of Artest. Always. The only thing Artest has on Pierce in their games is more pushes and shoves. Don't think that's a stat though.

I love how everyone thinks Artest on the Lakers is some elite defender and how quickly they forgot his prior, better years where he still consistently got burned by PP.

Yet this is the only argument (physicality)Boston fans are using in their breakdown of the series. :facepalm:

Mc Lovin
05-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Fisher has had to keep up with westbrook, Deron Williams, and Steve Nash.
Lakers in 6 MAYBE 7

And Rondo has so much more speed than every one of those guys. Rondo can run dribbling a basketball faster than anyone one of those PG's can run at full speed without a ball.

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Yet this is the only argument (physicality)Boston fans are using in their breakdown of the series. :facepalm:

Celtics physicality in 08 made the Lakers look like school girls.

xabial
05-30-2010, 11:49 PM
And Rondo has so much more speed than every one of those guys. Rondo can run dribbling a basketball faster than anyone one of those PG's can run at full speed without a ball.

Deron> Rondo as a player
Rondo>Deron in the playoffs

Does that make sense?

RadiantShot
05-30-2010, 11:54 PM
sig bet for what? You have a Raptor username with a Kobe avatar. Let me guess you're a Boston fan?

I know I'm not on the best terms with you, but I have to admit, that was hilarious. :)

:laugh:

I've thought the same thing.

ZioAx
05-30-2010, 11:58 PM
I know I'm not on the best terms with you, but I have to admit, that was hilarious. :)

I've thought the same thing.

Our series is finally over. I think our bait war is over :)

RadiantShot
05-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Our series is finally over. I think our bait war is over :)

Nice. :hi5:
Good to know.

_KB24_
05-30-2010, 11:59 PM

You won't need a second guess with me.

Sig bet?

RadiantShot
05-31-2010, 12:01 AM
I'll make a sig-bet.

Orlando will get knocked out of the 2010 ECF against the Boston Celtics.

Winner puts : "Is a Boss" in his sig. Loser puts, "Sucks terribly..." in his sig.

Just kidding.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2010, 12:04 AM

Yes, but I'm sure the Lakers have been playing at a faster pace (thus, more possessions).

I would be interested in a OPP-FG% and OPP-3pt% stat if anybody could provide it. Those are better indicators of good defensive play.

Avenged
05-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Radiant is getting along with a Celtics fan. :sigh:

KB24PG16
05-31-2010, 12:09 AM
I think this series is simple. If there is a split in games 1 and 2, then Boston will win this, if LA wins games 1 and 2, then LA will win this.

yea i think the lakers have to win the first 2 then get at least 1 out of 3 in boston

Avenged
05-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Yup, this 2-3-2 format could really hurt the Lakers. I expect Boston to steal 1 in L.A since they're a great road team but I also expect the Lakers to do the same in their home. That format will make or break any of these teams.

jimbobjarree
05-31-2010, 12:20 AM
boston all day baby

J$mo0th_3o5
05-31-2010, 12:21 AM
That 2-3-2 format hooked up the HEAT:D

The Final Boss
05-31-2010, 12:25 AM

If we relied on stats, we wouldn't need to play the series...:facepalm:

kblo247
05-31-2010, 12:30 AM

LA being the best FG% and 3pt% defense team in the playoffs, on top of being the better rebounding and scoring team in the paint says HI! ;)

kblo247
05-31-2010, 12:30 AM
double post

Avenged
05-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Yep, but when we do it goes back to LA being the best FG% and 3pt% defense team in the playoffs, on top of being the better rebounding and scoring team in the paint ;)

Nope, you forgot to mention that "the Celtics are way too tough and physical for the Lakers. They're going to make the Lakers look like school girls because that's what the Celtics did 2 years ago". Lol.

kblo247
05-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Celtics physicality in 08 made the Lakers look like school girls.

PJ Brown, Leon Powe, Sam Cassell, Eddie House, and James Posey ain't walking through that door but Andrew Bynum and Ron Artest will be.

kblo247
05-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Nope, you forgot to mention that "the Celtics are way too tough and physical for the Lakers. They're going to make the Lakers look like school girls because that's what the Celtics did 2 years ago". Lol.
Look above or in the case below you

Avenged
05-31-2010, 12:37 AM
Look above or in the case below you

:laugh2: Told you.

kblo247
05-31-2010, 12:38 AM
Even LA player's said they were too soft compared the the Celtics when they embarrassed your team. I'll expect you to go in hiding when the Lakers do lose. Pau is going to bow down once KG and Sheed get rough with him. I cant wait to see your prissy team against the Celts.

You do know that KG didn't stop Pau right? In fact Pau had his way on both ends with KG when ever KG had the balls to defend him. Perk and PJ Brown deserve that credit for what they did to him, but not Garnett as Pau defended him better and scored on him more efficiently in their matchup.

It is also interesting that something has to give because both teams are 7-0 in playoff series when Bynum and Garnett play.

If you and other Boston or fans in general are so confident lets all do a sig bet from the last day of the finals to the first day of free agency or better yet the start of the next regular season!

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 12:38 AM
PJ Brown, Leon Powe, Sam Cassell, Eddie House, and James Posey ain't walking through that door but Andrew Bynum and Ron Artest will be.

OH Lord!!!! What will we ever do!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Laker fans posting is always so ammusing, bless your heart at least you're trying.

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 12:40 AM
You do know that KG didn't stop Pau right? In fact Pau had his way on both ends with KG when ever KG had the balls to defend him. Perk and PJ Brown deserve that credit for what they did to him, but not Garnett as Pau defended him better and scored on him more efficiently in their matchup.

It is also interesting that something has to give because both teams are 7-0 in playoff series when Bynum and Garnett play.

Garnett is a HOF, Bynum couldn't lick the bottom of his shoes. Stop trying to act like its a similar impact.

Sadds The Gr8
05-31-2010, 12:43 AM
Garnett is a HOF, Bynum couldn't lick the bottom of his shoes. Stop trying to act like its a similar impact.

:laugh2: that was jokes

Avenged
05-31-2010, 12:45 AM

Garnett isn't a HOF yet, and either way, he isn't playing like a HOF. Yes Garnett was 10x better than Bynum in his prime, but now? Not so much.

KmB728
05-31-2010, 12:46 AM

If you and other Boston or fans in general are so confident lets all do a sig bet from the last day of the finals to the first day of free agency or better yet the start of the next regular season!

I know Pau totally killed KG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po-fGd58XJw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3rDsgHJEeI

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Garnett isn't a HOF yet, and either way, he isn't playing like a HOF. Yes Garnett was 10x better than Bynum in his prime, but now? Not so much.

Bynum isnt the reason why we beat you in 08. KG is exactly the reason we got ousted by the magic last season.

Impacts are different

RadiantShot
05-31-2010, 12:48 AM
Bynum isnt the reason why we beat you in 08. KG is exactly the reason we got ousted by the magic last season.

Impacts are different

Agreed. Had KG been playing, we wouldn't have been sitting in the Finals last year. Just being objective.

kblo247
05-31-2010, 12:50 AM

Impacts are different

So missing your starting SF and C isn't big?

If you play the injury excuse for KG you have to acknowledge that LA were without 2 starters going into those Finals.

I personally think you won because of experience which LA lacked outside of Kobe and Fisher because everyone else never really had success or that much winning playoff experience, but I'm just pointing out that it goes both ways when you point out that without KG last year you guys weren't as good as you could be and without Bynum (and Ariza) we weren't as good as we could have been in 08.

Impacts are different, but don't act like Bynum taking away 20 minutes of a beating at the center spot from Pau and Lamar coming off the bench as opposed to Turiaf's no rebounding *** being the lone reserve big means nothing at all.

Avenged
05-31-2010, 12:51 AM

Impacts are different

I think Bynum was the major reason actually. Pretty much Gasol and Odom to cover the Celtics bigs isn't enough. Now we have two legit 7 footers + Odom to guard Garnett. Impacts are different though I agree, but in this case, Bynum is a major impacter for our team. No Bynum, and you guys would abuse us guaranteed down in the paint. Now we add Bynum, and it's not so easy anymore.

RadiantShot
05-31-2010, 12:54 AM
All I can say is, this is going to be a great series. Whoever loses this has no excuse. These teams are both old. Both of them have all of their players ready to go, besides LA, who is still having minor trouble with Bynum, from what I've heard. Whoever wins this, should make the other eat their words. Just being honest.

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 12:54 AM
So missing your starting SF and C isn't big?

If you play the injury excuse for KG you have to acknowledge that LA were without 2 starters going into those Finals.

I personally think you won because of experience which LA lacked outside of Kobe and Fisher because everyone else never really had success or that much winning playoff experience, but I'm just pointing out that it goes both ways when you point out that without KG last year you guys weren't as good as you could be and without Bynum (and Ariza) we weren't as good as we could have been in 08.

You guys had Ariza? Bad enough you're using Bynum as an excuse. Are you really going to say Ariza being banged up is a reason too? That's like if we blamed an injured Sam Cassel.

Avenged
05-31-2010, 01:01 AM
Wow, you seem to have forgotten how big Ariza was for us in our championship run.

DengelBerry
05-31-2010, 01:02 AM
You guys had Ariza? Bad enough you're using Bynum as an excuse. Are you really going to say Ariza being banged up is a reason too? That's like if we blamed an injured Sam Cassel.

Pivotal injuries like Ariza and Bynum did hamper the Lakers in the 08 finals (they both were starters), just like you had KG out last year. You should know not having some players in the lineup totally affects a team. I'm not saying that the Lakers would have won in 08, but I will say that it would have been a different series if both were healthy, just like it would have been last year if KG was healthy.

Avenged
05-31-2010, 01:02 AM
All I can say is, this is going to be a great series. Whoever loses this has no excuse. These teams are both old. Both of them have all of their players ready to go, besides LA, who is still having minor trouble with Bynum, from what I've heard. Whoever wins this, should make the other eat their words. Just being honest.

The refs.

Every game for every team that loses, will bring up the refs excuse.

Avenged
05-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Pivotal injuries like Ariza and Bynum did hamper the Lakers in the 08 finals (they both were starters), just like you had KG out last year. You should know not having some players in the lineup totally affects a team. I'm not saying that the Lakers would have won in 08, but I will say that it would have been a different series if both were healthy, just like it would have been last year if KG was healthy.

You won't win that argument. "Garnett is a future HOF and his impact is FAR greater than Ariza's and Bynum's."

Trust me.

DengelBerry
05-31-2010, 01:05 AM
The refs.

Every game for every team that loses, will bring up the refs excuse.

LOL i total agree :clap:

kblo247
05-31-2010, 01:07 AM

They were the starting SF and C on the first place team out west before they got hurt and Pau was traded for. It wasn't like they were just cannon fodder.

I'm not saying missing them was like missing KG, but it would have been close to you guys missing Perk and Rondo on that team.

bigsams50
05-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Ariza wasnt a starter for the lakers the year they lost to the celtics, he only started 3 out of the 24 games he played

Teeboy1487
05-31-2010, 01:15 AM
Ariza wasnt a starter for the lakers the year they lost to the celtics, he only started 3 out of the 24 games he played

He was playing very well that season. I honestly thought he could have won the starting job if he did not break his foot. Radman and Walton was that bad. I refuse to use an excuse though. We lost in 08. The celtics were better then. Plain and simple. I have waited 2 years for a rematch. Thursday can not come soon enough.

Giantwarrior
05-31-2010, 01:28 AM
I dont really care, I HATE both teams equally.

but i HATE Paul Pierce more.

go LA i guess..

kblo247
05-31-2010, 01:29 AM

He had just been given the starting spot and Phil talked about it being his to lose after that Christmas game and before he broke his foot.

He had the keys and lost them when he got hurt. Rad basically got it solely because Ariza was hurt and Luke needed ankle surgery that he put off to that summer. It wasn't by Phil's choice at all as was seen by Rad's time in LA and the fact Luke took the spot back the next year when he got into shape and the fact that Ariza was playing the majority of the minutes at the spot like Odom does now while Radmanovic sat on the bench.

Hell you should know about Vlad Rad from him being a Bobcat :p

Giantwarrior
05-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Kendrick Perkins will get Technical Foul #7, I guarantee it. He is the angriest man on the planet. That means he will be suspended 1 game, +1 for the Lakers.

bigsams50
05-31-2010, 01:40 AM
He had just been given the starting spot and Phil talked about it being his to lose after that Christmas game and before he broke his foot.

He had the keys and lost them when he got hurt. Rad basically got it solely because Ariza was hurt and Luke needed ankle surgery that he put off to that summer. It wasn't by Phil's choice at all as was seen by Rad's time in LA and the fact Luke took the spot back the next year when he got into shape and the fact that Ariza was playing the majority of the minutes at the spot like Odom does now while Radmanovic sat on the bench.

Hell you should know about Vlad Rad from him being a Bobcat :p

I try not to remember lol

robdog_5
05-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Pay dominated KG? No. KG has always given Pay trouble

kblo247
05-31-2010, 01:49 AM
Pay dominated KG? No. KG has always given Pay trouble

I know KG gets paid alot, but he doesn't dominate Pau on either end one on one. In fact Boston isn't foolish enough to let KG guard him one on one.

kblo247
05-31-2010, 01:49 AM
I try not to remember lol

Don't we all when he is finally off our team :laugh2:

The Final Boss
05-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Imagine if Kobe wasn't at 60% percent coming into this series, but rather 100%...

kobe24>lebron23
05-31-2010, 02:55 AM
i hate it when people say we are bandwagoners... it irritates me how can u possibly say that? we have the largest fan base in all of sports along with the yankees but just because we have millions of fans doesnt mean we bandwagon just look at boston omg they had no fans cuz they sucked yet they started winning and wow everyone shows up but if u look at the lakeshow for 3 years they sucked 04-07 yet we still sold out almost every home game you guys are pathetic calling us bandwagoners hahaha... so since the raiders suck and im a fan does that mean im gonna root for the cowboys,49ers,or steelers hells no loyalty is where its at and i know most laker fans are not bandwagoners!!!!!!!! in it whether it's going good,bad or ugly... win lose or tie always lakers till' i die

More-Than-Most
05-31-2010, 02:57 AM
When the season first started I prayed to the basketball gods not to allow this match up to happen. The basketball gods basically pissed all over me. I just want it to be over... someone sweep and lets move on to the draft. Already preparing for the mass amounts of hats and shirts and jerseys and infomercials that you will see day in and day out from this point on.

boriquaabe
05-31-2010, 02:58 AM
Kendrick Perkins will get Technical Foul #7, I guarantee it. He is the angriest man on the planet. That means he will be suspended 1 game, +1 for the Lakers.

If you don't think stern will have a talk with the ref's prior to the start of the finals and tell them to be easy on perkins your mistaken. Stern knows more than anyone else how bad it will make the league look if Perkins is given his 7th tech and is suspended for 1 game. No way does Perkins get a 7th Tee and the rule will be changed in the summer.

boriquaabe
05-31-2010, 03:00 AM
I'd like to point out something that nobody has mentioned. Why doesn't Kobe get any easy buckets any more? He rarely dunks the ball. It's all houdini jumpshots off of 20 pump fakes. It won't work against Boston if he doesn't shoot a high percentage from the perimeter.

More-Than-Most
05-31-2010, 03:05 AM
I'd like to point out something that nobody has mentioned. Why doesn't Kobe get any easy buckets any more? He rarely dunks the ball. It's all houdini jumpshots off of 20 pump fakes. It won't work against Boston if he doesn't shoot a high percentage from the perimeter.

I learned something from the Suns series... No matter what he does it will work... The guy is just that good... He is damn near impossible to guard.

kobe24>lebron23
05-31-2010, 03:08 AM

dude quit hating and enjoy the man if somethings not working he will obviously change his plans on attacking... one way or another he will make it work.. and the reasons y he really doesnt attack anymore is... better yet why the hell attack when his jump shot is just off the hizzle right now!!

eyememine
05-31-2010, 03:33 AM

He literally looks like he will murder someone at all times. It is the scariest thing ever

The_Mac22
05-31-2010, 03:45 AM
I got Boston in 6

boriquaabe
05-31-2010, 03:52 AM
dude quit hating and enjoy the man if somethings not working he will obviously change his plans on attacking... one way or another he will make it work.. and the reasons y he really doesnt attack anymore is... better yet why the hell attack when his jump shot is just off the hizzle right now!!

Why do I have to enjoy him? Did he not cry and moan to get out of LA? Was he not on every media outlet whining like a little girl?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/3446/kobe-bryant-says-he-d-like-to-be-traded

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"
Translation: whaaaaa! Buss Kupchek you better get me someone to help me win a championship without Shaq.....whaaaaa! just don't tell him aight.....
At the end of the show, Stephen A. Smith asks: "Is there ANYTHING the Los Angeles Lakers can do to get you to remain with the organization?"

And Bryant responds: "No, bro."
Translation:Please get me a player....please please I can't do it alone just don't tell Shaq ok? BOO effing HOO
Here is an excerpt of KOBE throwing the oft-likeable Shaq under the bus:

Bryant replied with his most scathing public criticism of O'Neal. In an interview with Jim Gray of ESPN, Bryant questioned O'Neal's claims of team leadership. Bryant claimed that O'Neal came into training camp "fat" and "out of shape", that O'Neal blamed others for the team's defeats, and had previously exaggerated the degree to which injuries had affected his game as cover for simply being out of condition. Bryant criticized O'Neal's public lobbying for a contract extension. He also criticized O'Neal for only taking responsibility when the team won. He accused O'Neal of threatening not to put forth his best effort if he was not passed the ball more often.

Here is an excerpt from 2006 when KOBE took an L and walked off the floor without shaking hands with any of the suns players after the Suns outed LA:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060507

Kobe Bryant didn't stick around after the game for hugs and handshakes, choosing to walk off the floor rather than congratulate Steve Nash and the Suns. The pregame greeting between the MVP candidates, one day before Nash officially receives the award, was as cordial as it got.

Just a few of the many reasons why I think dude is a spoiled little sissy.

bolts4ever
05-31-2010, 04:13 AM
basketball wise I think the these are the two most mentally tough teams in the league thats why it will be a great series.

No matter what happens early in these games if one team takes a big lead the other will make a run to make it a game.

I just think that LA is more prepared to outlast the Celtics Think about it.
If Paul Pierce gets into foul trouble who plays SF???? and when Ray Allen gets into Foult Troube (and I guarantee you he will) you gonna man up TONY ALLEN on KOBE!!! really!!!

And

This time aroud I believe that the LAKERS potentially have a huge advantage on the bench because we can change the tempo of a game with Farmar, Odom Vujacic and Brown as oppossed to Big Baby, Rasheed wallace Tony Allen and ur backup PG is who???? Marquis Daniels or Robinson??? maybe

My point is I think LA has a much better chance than most Celtics fan actually give them credit for THIS IS NOT THE 2008 LAKERS!!! and if the Celtics approach this series like it is THEY ARE IN FOR A WIDE AWAKENING!!

LA in 6

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2010, 04:43 AM
Why do I have to enjoy him? Did he not cry and moan to get out of LA? Was he not on every media outlet whining like a little girl?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/3446/kobe-bryant-says-he-d-like-to-be-traded

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"
Translation: whaaaaa! Buss Kupchek you better get me someone to help me win a championship without Shaq.....whaaaaa! just don't tell him aight.....
At the end of the show, Stephen A. Smith asks: "Is there ANYTHING the Los Angeles Lakers can do to get you to remain with the organization?"

And Bryant responds: "No, bro."
Translation:Please get me a player....please please I can't do it alone just don't tell Shaq ok? BOO effing HOO
Here is an excerpt of KOBE throwing the oft-likeable Shaq under the bus:

Bryant replied with his most scathing public criticism of O'Neal. In an interview with Jim Gray of ESPN, Bryant questioned O'Neal's claims of team leadership. Bryant claimed that O'Neal came into training camp "fat" and "out of shape", that O'Neal blamed others for the team's defeats, and had previously exaggerated the degree to which injuries had affected his game as cover for simply being out of condition. Bryant criticized O'Neal's public lobbying for a contract extension. He also criticized O'Neal for only taking responsibility when the team won. He accused O'Neal of threatening not to put forth his best effort if he was not passed the ball more often.

Here is an excerpt from 2006 when KOBE took an L and walked off the floor without shaking hands with any of the suns players after the Suns outed LA:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-060507

Kobe Bryant didn't stick around after the game for hugs and handshakes, choosing to walk off the floor rather than congratulate Steve Nash and the Suns. The pregame greeting between the MVP candidates, one day before Nash officially receives the award, was as cordial as it got.

Just a few of the many reasons why I think dude is a spoiled little sissy.

Just a few of the many reasons why I think the dude is a baller, winner, and a straight up assassin. He's a 4x NBA Champion. SEE YA!

GSW Hoops
05-31-2010, 04:44 AM
Before the season I predicted Boston would win the NBA Finals, but I like L.A.'s chances if they can keep Rondo in check. Lakers in 7.

GSW Hoops
05-31-2010, 04:47 AM

Cuz it's the playoffs, and teams make a conscious effort not to give the other team's best player easy buckets.

lakerboy
05-31-2010, 06:05 AM

When Kobe makes a jump shot near or around the painted area, it's automatic. It's "easy" for guys like him.

bosoxlover12
05-31-2010, 08:44 AM
basketball wise I think the these are the two most mentally tough teams in the league thats why it will be a great series.

No matter what happens early in these games if one team takes a big lead the other will make a run to make it a game.

I just think that LA is more prepared to outlast the Celtics Think about it.
If Paul Pierce gets into foul trouble who plays SF???? and when Ray Allen gets into Foult Troube (and I guarantee you he will) you gonna man up TONY ALLEN on KOBE!!! really!!!

And

This time aroud I believe that the LAKERS potentially have a huge advantage on the bench because we can change the tempo of a game with Farmar, Odom Vujacic and Brown as oppossed to Big Baby, Rasheed wallace Tony Allen and ur backup PG is who???? Marquis Daniels or Robinson??? maybe

My point is I think LA has a much better chance than most Celtics fan actually give them credit for THIS IS NOT THE 2008 LAKERS!!! and if the Celtics approach this series like it is THEY ARE IN FOR A WIDE AWAKENING!!

LA in 6

1st of all, Tony Allen is a very good defender (sometimes took LeBron this year)
2nd: Ray rarely fouls, so he wont be in foul trouble
3rd: you dont even know the name of the celtics backup PG, who happened to torch the Magic in game 6? Krypto-Nate? He's the 3rd fastest player on the damn court (behind Kobe and Rondo). Cant change the tempo? The C's do it all the time.

And yes, LA got better w/ Bynum and Artest. But Boston got better too. They have Robinson, Davis, Wallace now, along with Perkins becoming better defensively, and a certain PG becoming a little better:

Rajon Rondo:

2007-08: 10.6 ppg, 5.1 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.9 TOpg, 29.9 mpg in his 2nd year in the NBA

now in 2009-10: 13.7 ppg, 9.8 apg, 2.3 spg, 3 TOpg, 36.6 mpg

Rondo is vital to the celtics chances of winning

plus his "rating" in 08 is 22.94, in 2010 its 33.13

36 more double doubles, and 2 triple doubles more

This season:

Kobe vs. C's: 19 ppg, 6 apg, 3 rpg
Rondo vs. Lakers: 17.5 ppg, 11.5 apg, 5 rpg

so, yeah. the celtics in 6

Lil Rhody
05-31-2010, 08:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w

wow what a great defender and the best part is PP still drains the ****ing 3

tcav701
05-31-2010, 09:01 AM
This is gonna be a fun series either way. The only reason i like the Celtics here is because their quality of opponents and wins has been more impressive. Prior to the playoffs everyone agreed the top 3 teams were ORL,CLE and LA. The C's went into two of those cities already and dominated. I am a Celtics fan so im not gonna promise the Celtics are going to win because I really dislike homers but its evident that the C's are playing better right now considering the quality of opponents.

To ease the tension there needs to be a 1 on 1 match between Scal and Morrison at halftime of each game. I think we'd all be winners there.

Iron24th
05-31-2010, 10:47 AM
This is gonna be a fun series either way. The only reason i like the Celtics here is because their quality of opponents and wins has been more impressive. Prior to the playoffs everyone agreed the top 3 teams were ORL,CLE and LA. The C's went into two of those cities already and dominated. I am a Celtics fan so im not gonna promise the Celtics are going to win because I really dislike homers but its evident that the C's are playing better right now considering the quality of opponents.

To ease the tension there needs to be a 1 on 1 match between Scal and Morrison at halftime of each game. I think we'd all be winners there.

:laugh::facepalm:

borat
05-31-2010, 10:50 AM

Good argument, but you can also flip it and say they played 2 tougher series that drained them physically. The nba is all about matchups as well. No matter what both teams did what they had to to to get to the finals. Both teams played opponents that are NOTHING like what they will face in each other. So while the Celtics look more impressive by who they beat(in terms of the best teams in the regular season) the reality is it has little or no relevance now.

69centers
05-31-2010, 10:51 AM

No, but a familiar face to the Lakers from '04 is. SHEEEEEED!!!

69centers
05-31-2010, 10:54 AM
I know KG gets paid alot, but he doesn't dominate Pau on either end one on one. In fact Boston isn't foolish enough to let KG guard him one on one.

Considering we didn't double Howard at all, we definitely will not be doubling Gasol. Don't forget that Bynum doesn't play extended minutes, so as soon as he comes off the floor, Perkins or Sheed will switch with KG and take Pau.

Corey
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM
If Davis is ever matched up on Gasol, he's going to get dominated.

Super.
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Lakers fans....If you think the Suns played defense...your senile. Just you wait until you see our mighty DEFENSE!

Oh and

"Offense Wins Games, DEFENSE Wins Championships"

Super.
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
If Davis is ever matched up on Gasol, he's going to get dominated.

You mean Pau is going to get dominated right? :D

JayW_1023
05-31-2010, 11:40 AM
ROOOOOONNNDDDDOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

Rondo will be amazing this series, but will it be enough to win...I dunno.

Giantwarrior
05-31-2010, 12:15 PM
I think the Celtics will lose in 6 games.

northsider
05-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Lets go Lakers!

Giantwarrior
05-31-2010, 12:20 PM
If you don't think stern will have a talk with the ref's prior to the start of the finals and tell them to be easy on perkins your mistaken. Stern knows more than anyone else how bad it will make the league look if Perkins is given his 7th tech and is suspended for 1 game. No way does Perkins get a 7th Tee and the rule will be changed in the summer.

thats all specualtion. did you talk to stern yourself? this is going to be a physical series, Perkins will get Technical Foul #7. they might change the rule next season, but it wont be changed before the series.

Giantwarrior
05-31-2010, 12:21 PM
The Celtics will have a chance if Paul Pierce has another Fake A-S-S Willis Reed moment, and fake another injury. LOL.

JordansBulls
05-31-2010, 12:24 PM
With Paul Pierce healthy this time around, this is going to be tough for LA.

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
This should be fun. I cannot wait til thursday!

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 12:29 PM
With Paul Pierce healthy this time around, this is going to be tough for LA.

Wasn't he healthy in the 08 finals?

Either way, IMO Pierce will struggle more in this series then the one 08. Having Radmovich guarding you to having Artest makes a big difference.

still1ballin
05-31-2010, 12:29 PM
the celtics will have a chance if paul pierce has another fake a-s-s willis reed moment, and fake another injury. Lol.

+1

Avenged
05-31-2010, 12:34 PM
I've come to like Rondo's game, what he's done in the playoffs is damn impressive. I hope he doesn't abuse Fisher but that's what I been thinking since the playoffs have started. Fisher has being going up against great PG's and has held his own, hopefully he does the same with Rondo.

Should be fun tho, the self proclaimed best player in the world vs. the best player in the world. ;)

leftymo
05-31-2010, 12:35 PM
HCA has historically meant something. Otherwise the record would be closer to .500 The team with homecourt is 14-5 over the last 19 years...

Boston is undeniably better on the road, but the Lakers have closed out 5 consecutive playoff series on the road. In Denver, In Orlando, In OKC, In Utah, In Phoenix...

winning a closing game on the road is even more difficult to do.

DengelBerry
05-31-2010, 12:58 PM

Don't listen to the Boriquaaabe, he lost all credibility when he became racist and said that black people are better than white people in basketball (why did he even bring up skin color, i dont know). I just laugh when he post now.

JWO35
05-31-2010, 01:10 PM
No, but a familiar face to the Lakers from '04 is. SHEEEEEED!!!

One of the many reasons I want the celtics to whoop the Lakers

JordansBulls
05-31-2010, 01:32 PM

Either way, IMO Pierce will struggle more in this series then the one 08. Having Radmovich guarding you to having Artest makes a big difference.

I believe he was playing injured that series. It was remarking he could play so well on a busted knee.

Squad13
05-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Lakers fans....If you think the Suns played defense...your senile. Just you wait until you see our mighty DEFENSE!

Oh and

"Offense Wins Games, DEFENSE Wins Championships"

The Thunder sure did, and they are much more athletic than you guys. Boston plays better D, but not much. Rondo has been getting to the rim at will, which leads to lay ups, open 3's, or open slashes to the hoop. We have the Length to bother his shot, and if not Foul the little bastard hard and watch him shoot 55% from the foul line. Artest is built to guard PP, a slower scorer. Rebounding is teh key to the series, we need to force guys into contested jumpers, and not give up offensive rebounds. Should be a hell of a series, I say lakers in 6. Jesus Shuttlesworth will be the key for the C's IMO

Squad13
05-31-2010, 01:35 PM
I believe he was playing injured that series. It was remarking he could play so well on a busted knee.

he strained his vagina, big difference :D

avrpatsfan
05-31-2010, 02:06 PM

Your sig is way too long. And also, in 2008 he didn't get as many easy shots because Rondo hadn't emerged as a star distributor.

avrpatsfan
05-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Don't bank on it. Didn't you notice in game 6 he never argued? Obviously Doc told him not too because that is rare. I think he stays on his best behavior. The only way he gets suspended would be on a double technical which wouldn't be fair.

shep33
05-31-2010, 02:14 PM

I think his game will switch up if Allen is guarding him. If Ray comes on him, then Kobe will go straight to the post... that can cause a problem if the Celtics double, cause Kobe has been making the right passes all playoffs.

The key is this, I really think that the Celtics will run 2 guys Bryant, and they'll let Ron shoot 3's. Watching the Suns I think Boston would live with that, but they'll definitely try and stop Kobe by first and foremost. Other Lakers have to step up in order for them to win.

SouljahPhil...
05-31-2010, 02:26 PM
LA being the best FG% and 3pt% defense team in the playoffs, on top of being the better rebounding and scoring team in the paint says HI! ;)

hey man...Where do you get stats like this?

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 02:42 PM
The Celtics will have a chance if Paul Pierce has another Fake A-S-S Willis Reed moment, and fake another injury. LOL.

Everybody chug a beer when some little kid comes in this thread and makes a Pierce injury joke. You'll be ****ing wasted quick.

prash
05-31-2010, 02:49 PM
I predict that Ray Allen gets Finals MVP

ManRam
05-31-2010, 03:02 PM
hey man...Where do you get stats like this?

Wherever he got them, they're wrong (according to ESPN at least).

LA is 3rd in 3 point defense. They've allowed opponents to shoot 32.5%. Boston is 4th, allowing teams to shoot 32.9%.

Orlando actually had the best FG% defense, LA is 2nd at 43.7% and Boston is 3rd at 43.8%.

Not really any considerable differences there. Also, consider that Boston has been the best three point shooting team these playoffs (38.4%), and LA has been 9th best (34.8).

SouljahPhil...
05-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Wherever he got them, they're wrong (according to ESPN at least).

LA is 3rd in 3 point defense. They've allowed opponents to shoot 32.5%. Boston is 4th, allowing teams to shoot 32.9%.

Orlando actually had the best FG% defense, LA is 2nd at 43.7% and Boston is 3rd at 43.8%.

Not really any considerable differences there. Also, consider that Boston has been the best three point shooting team these playoffs (38.4%), and LA has been 9th best (34.8).

thanks for the info man...:clap:

The Final Boss
05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
So the stats show that Los Angeles is the better defensive team yet Celtics fans still claim otherwise.

Yes Boston is physical but I'm having trouble trying to find anyone not physically tough on the Lakers.

Kobe- The toughest player in the game. Kobe's been playing at 60% the whole season. Hate to imagine him 100% fit.

Bynum- Tough

Fisher- Toughest PG in the NBA.

Gasol- Not the most physical player down low, but he is a rebounding hawk and the best all around PF in the game.

Artest- His resume speaks for itself.

Odom- Very physical and a rebounding machine.

Brown- Athletic and physical for his size.

Sasha- Pesty and not afraid to get dirty.

Walton- Has no problem playing in the paint.

Mbenga(more rings than Howard, Carmelo, James, Durant combined)- Mbanger

Powell- Physical

Farmar- Tough

ManRam
05-31-2010, 03:34 PM
So the stats so show that Los Angeles is the better defensive team yet Celtics fans still claim otherwise.

Well, we've talked about two stats...which doesn't encompass everything, and if the stats show anything, it shows how marginal the differences are.

ZioAx
05-31-2010, 03:38 PM
So the stats so show that Los Angeles is the better defensive team yet Celtics fans still claim otherwise.

Yes Boston is physical but I'm having trouble trying to find anyone not physically tough on the Lakers.

Kobe- The toughest player in the game. Kobe's been playing at 60% the whole season. Hate to imagine him 100% fit.

Bynum- Tough

Fisher- Toughest PG in the NBA.

Gasol- Not the most physical player down low, but he is a rebounding hawk and the best all around PF in the game.

Artest- His resume speaks for itself.

Odom- Very physical and a rebounding machine.

Brown- Athletic and physical for his size.

Sasha- Pesty and not afraid to get dirty.

Walton- Has no problem playing in the paint.

Mbenga(more rings than Howard, Carmelo, James, Durant combined)- Banga

Powell- Physical

Farmar- Tough

My turn!

KG- Tough
Pierce- Tough
Allen- Tough guy
Rondo- Tough for his size

Like my analysis? Its real deep

ManRam
05-31-2010, 03:45 PM
My turn!

KG- Tough
Pierce- Tough
Allen- Tough guy
Rondo- Tough for his size

Like my analysis? Its real deep

Sheed is tough. Perk is tougher than anyone on both teams. Nate is tough. Baby is tough.

Yeah...I'm not seeing his point either.

Iodine
05-31-2010, 03:48 PM
manrammer are you trying to deduce laker fan logic again
:pity: