PDA

View Full Version : Friday May 28th 2010 - Game 6 ECF - # 2 (Orlando Magic) @ #4 (Boston Celtics)

Pages : [1] 2 3

JordansBulls
05-27-2010, 09:43 PM
( 2 ) Orlando Magic (59-23) vs. ( 4 ) Boston Celtics (50-32)

Orlando Magic will have the Homecourt Advantage

Boston Leads Series 3-2 Series Breakdown

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2010052802

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Magic.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2439.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/136.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1765.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/469.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2384.jpg

PG - Jameer Nelson
SG - Vince Carter
SF - Matt Barnes
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Celtics.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3026.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/9.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/662.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/261.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2018.jpg

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Kendrick Perkins

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/celtics-magic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/playoffs/conferencefinals/bosorl;_ylt=AqOqwJnIDokkz9I7vErmlL.8vLYF

D Roses Bulls
05-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Lets Go Magic!!!!

Tragedy
05-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Celtics need this game. I don't have any confidence with Game 7 in Orlando. then again, I'm not even confident about this one.

Kakaroach
05-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Celtics are gonna win this and close out the series I think. They need the rest badly as could be told from Game 5.

shep33
05-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Wow all the pressure is on the Celts now, they gotta win.

Raph12
05-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Magic win if they come out of the gates strong, if the Celts take them out in the first (12+pt lead), Celts win.

LakerKB24Fan
05-28-2010, 12:29 AM
I think if Orlando manages to win this one, they will win this series

JNA17
05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
if magic win this one, you might as well just skip game 7 and go with the magic vs Lakers/suns finals. Game 7 for the celtics is not a option and they need to avoid it and just win this one.

still1ballin
05-28-2010, 12:45 AM
I think Celtics can win this one. Its a must win for them. They are beat up and need all the rest possible. If they let this one slip away, I can see Magic making history.

It will be a bad year for Boston sports.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 12:46 AM
I think Celtics can win this one. Its a must win for them. They are beat up and need all the rest possible. If they let this one slip away, I can see Magic making history.

imagine come playoff time for baseball and it's yankees vs redsox again. Redsox lead 3-0 and yankees win 4 straight....

history made 3 times in one year? In the same city? How much would that suck lol.

Raph12
05-28-2010, 12:48 AM
imagine come playoff time for baseball and it's yankees vs redsox again. Redsox lead 3-0 and yankees win 4 straight....

history made 3 times in one year? In the same city? How much would that suck lol.

Lmao, let's not get ahead of ourselves, the Magic haven't even won Game 6 yet and you already got the Sox losing to the Yankees in 7.

still1ballin
05-28-2010, 12:51 AM

They would all commit suicide

sNaKeS
05-28-2010, 12:53 AM
If rondo has a bad game or even a decent game the celtics will lose, he is the catalyst for their offense and needs to have a near triple-double for them to win. If jameer can keep penetrating into the lane and dishing out to open 3 point shooters then it's going to be a long night for the celtics.

LegendX
05-28-2010, 12:56 AM

Would just need the Patriots to **** up somehow.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Lmao, let's not get ahead of ourselves, the Magic haven't even won Game 6 yet and you already got the Sox losing to the Yankees in 7.

oh i know. Still think the celtics will win this game.

But that last part about yankees and red sox, IT WILL HAPPEN! I SWEAR IT!!! :mad:

JNA17
05-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Would just need the Patriots to **** up somehow.

easy, injure tom brady again, except this time, make it a career ending injury.

Might as well nuke boston with that icing on the cake.

Raph12
05-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Wow a lot of hatred for Boston lol and to think I wanted to go there on vacation, after all, it's not like it's Cleveland or anything. ;)

JNA17
05-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Wow a lot of hatred for Boston lol and to think I wanted to go there on vacation, after all, it's not like it's Cleveland or anything. ;)

that's true. Boston is a great city, and has awesome clam chowder, it's just the teams are terrible ;).

Iron24th
05-28-2010, 03:24 AM

Yeah the two only likely scenario are the celts win in 6 or lose in 7 and make history.

So,a must win tonight for the celts or they'll be embarrassed.

Ron!n
05-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Is Perkins suspended?

05-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Is Perkins suspended?

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/05/27/perkins-in-the-clear-for-game-6/
READ!

Go MAGIC :D

m26555
05-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Boston wins big and closes it out.

Anon
05-28-2010, 09:25 AM
I think it will be tough for us to pull this one out. I know we have looked much better the last two games but Boston knows it is all on the line tonight. My heart says Orlando but my head says Boston. Jameer and Rondo continue to be the key for each team. It will be interesting to see how the game is called tonight.

m26555
05-28-2010, 09:26 AM
I think it will be tough for us to pull this one out. I know we have looked much better the last two games but Boston knows it is all on the line tonight. My heart says Orlando but my head says Boston. Jameer and Rondo continue to be the key for each team. It will be interesting to see how the game is called tonight.
The key really is whether or not the Magic can knock down their threes. If they do, they'll be right there. If not, this game could be over early.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Once again, no prediction here. It seems when I don't predict, what I want to happen happens ;)

Whoever wins this game, I think will win the series. I'm going out to watch this at the bar, probably steadily drinking, so if we lose (I'm not sure I think will win) I can just pound a few shots and forget everything. ;)

Go Magic!

cheerio
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Celtics win

69centers
05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Celtics win going away. The 3 they can live with, it's the rebounding that needs to be better. I think every Celtic player will be taking this game personally tonight. From the thought of being up 3-0 going to 3-2 in a hurry, the fact that Howard nailed everyone with elbows last game, and the fact that we were ousted last year by the Magic.

This will be an all out assault by the men in green tonight. 96-81 is my prediction. They will be up by 20, but some trash time Magic 3's close it to only a 15 point win in the end.

NYMetros
05-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I would put money on the Celtics winning this tonight. I don't see any way they lose. The Magic will have to have an even more insane outside shooting performance than they did in game 5 if they wanna win. The crowd will be going crazy and play a factor, especially defensively for the Celtics. The refs should also be favoring Boston following the uproar from last game about how Perk was unfairly ejected and stuff.

macc
05-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I think Boston will win tonight. But I hope they don't and we force game 7. Hopefully we'll make history.

hugepatsfan
05-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I would put money on the Celtics winning this tonight. I don't see any way they lose. The Magic will have to have an even more insane outside shooting performance than they did in game 5 if they wanna win. The crowd will be going crazy and play a factor, especially defensively for the Celtics. The refs should also be favoring Boston following the uproar from last game about how Perk was unfairly ejected and stuff.

That's the elephant in the room right now.

Shadee
05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
LETS GO MAGIC!!! So pumped up for this game, I hope that the Magic bring it back to Florida!

JNA17
05-28-2010, 12:48 PM
That's the elephant in the room right now.

Is that a reference from a certain Twilight Zone episode?

As for the refs, no call how their gonna call this game. All i hope is that they at least be consistent and let them play.

Rivera
05-28-2010, 01:04 PM
LETS GO MAGIC!!! So pumped up for this game, I hope that the Magic bring it back to Florida!

ima try n help u out 2 bring this back to Florida!!!

ima b in the buildin in the garden 2night reppin orlando HARD!!!!!!!

see if i can curse the C's again since i went to the game 3 beatdown cleveland gave boston!!!!

carter15
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Magic show some grit.

tredigs
05-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Really looking forward to this game tonight, and hoping Dwight doesn't elbow the Celtics into submission.

Just remembered this dirty elbow he made on Dalembert during last years playoffs -- it's becoming a trend with the guy. Is it possible that the leagues 'nicest guy' is also its dirtiest player?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lz0-HvMNyM&feature=player_embedded

ManRam
05-28-2010, 01:55 PM
He does throw some cheap elbows, but the only one that has done damage this year was the definition of incidental contact.

Along with his offensive consistency, his maturity and ability to remain composed is his biggest weakness. He commits so many terrible fouls, and does have a penchant for throwing some chippy bows. You won't ever convince me that he steps out on the court with the intention to hurt anyone because he is genuinely and sincerely nice, but sometimes when he gets frustrated, he reacts in childish ways. I don't think he's "dirty" per se...but he definitely has his moments of fogged perception.

LakersOrNothing
05-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Looking forward to this game tonight. Hopefully it'll be a close one and not a blowout.

Raph12
05-28-2010, 02:16 PM
He does throw some cheap elbows, but the only one that has done damage this year was the definition of incidental contact.

Along with his offensive consistency, his maturity and ability to remain composed is his biggest weakness. He commits so many terrible fouls, and does have a penchant for throwing some chippy bows. You won't ever convince me that he steps out on the court with the intention to hurt anyone because he is genuinely and sincerely nice, but sometimes when he gets frustrated, he reacts in childish ways. I don't think he's "dirty" per se...but he definitely has his moments of fogged perception.

Dead on, the Baby elbow was definitely inadvertent, but the hits on Pierce, idk. Pierce was talking a lot of **** about sweeping; he told the Magic fans "see you next year" after Game 2, said "we're going home to close it out" in his presser and put "get out your brooms" on his twitter, which was apparently hacked. Dwight has a tendancy of letting his emotions get the better of him, but I know 100% he didn't try to hurt Baby, Pierce I'm not so confident about.

Kakaroach
05-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Glen Davis has been cleared to play in Friday's Game 6 despite suffering a concussion in Game 5.

They'll also have Kendrick Perkins after his technical foul was rescinded, and we haven't heard that Rasheed Wallace (back) won't play. It sounds like Brian Scalabrine will replace Marquis Daniels (concussion), but all in all, things couldn't have turned out much better for the C's after looking so bleak after Game 5. http://www.csnne.com/05/28/10/Davis-medically-cleared-to-play-in-Game-/v1_landing.html?blockID=243220&feedID=3352

More good news for Celtics fans, good thing he wasn't too badly concussed.

tredigs
05-28-2010, 02:52 PM

I actually think that's exactly it. I see a big kid trapped in a goliath's body sometimes, and I can just feel his frustration when the elbows start swinging a little looser. Doesn't change the fact that he's doing it, but I agree it's not out of malice, and the one on Baby was just unfortunate -- there's no way he meant that.

He's going to have to watch this going forward, though -- he's basically going to be on "high-alert" status with the elbows at this point.

Boston Faithful
05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
I liked Howard before this series. But now I hate him.

He's such a *****. His fouls on Pierce throughout the series have OBVIOUSLY been intentional. And those elbows, well that's just being a dirty player.

jimbobjarree
05-28-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game tonight. Hopefully another overtime!

CLASSOF72
05-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Advantage c's. I wonder if Howard will get another elbow in before the serries ends.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 05:23 PM
I liked Howard before this series. But now I hate him.

He's such a *****. His fouls on Pierce throughout the series have OBVIOUSLY been intentional. And those elbows, well that's just being a dirty player.

What elbows were intentional? It's gone both ways with intentional fouls too. Don't act like Howard is the only one making hard fouls. Dwight is on the receiving end of more hard fouls than anyone in the league probably. Pierce's shove the last game was probably the most blatant foul of the series. It goes both ways.

CLASSOF72
05-28-2010, 05:40 PM
What elbows were intentional? It's gone both ways with intentional fouls too. Don't act like Howard is the only one making hard fouls. Dwight is on the receiving end of more hard fouls than anyone in the league probably. Pierce's shove the last game was probably the most blatant foul of the series. It goes both ways.

Howard is quickley becoming known for being an elbow throwing thug. He didn't throw his first in this serries and I'm sure these won't be the last. He has to much anger to control his emotions when it comes down to it. Shaq took tons of hard fouls and I can't remember seeing him throw an elbow and I think Shaq's a dick. Howards rep will speak for it'self and to this point he's an elbow throwing thug. Sorry your a fan , but a dog is a dog.

sNaKeS
05-28-2010, 05:45 PM
So let me get this right, last year and most of this year Howard gets criticized for being "too nice and smiling too much" and now he gets criticized for being too nasty and throwing elbows? Sounds like boston fans are making excuses already......

CLASSOF72
05-28-2010, 05:49 PM
So let me get this right, last year and most of this year Howard gets criticized for being "too nice and smiling too much" and now he gets criticized for being too nasty and throwing elbows? Sounds like boston fans are making excuses already......

His smiling is actualy indicative of displaced anger or hurt. His nice act is BS and anyone who falls for that is a fool. He's becoming a thug and if he wants to win the big games, like he wants, he'll need to do a better job of converting his emotions into solid dominant play, not thugish cheap shots.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 06:59 PM
His smiling is actualy indicative of displaced anger or hurt. His nice act is BS and anyone who falls for that is a fool. He's becoming a thug and if he wants to win the big games, like he wants, he'll need to do a better job of converting his emotions into solid dominant play, not thugish cheap shots.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Dwight's elbow throwing problems stem from his immaturity, and his inability to deal with frustration...in my unprofessional opinion. Dirty players are players the preemptively plan things out. Dwight just does it our of frustration. It doesn't make it acceptable, but it certainly doesn't make him dirty in the sense that that word is used.

And you said " He didn't throw his first in this serries and I'm sure these won't be the last". So you're saying he hasn't thrown any yet this series, but he will? I don't get it.

I have no problem with you pointing out the elbows he throws, because he does throw them. But let's not act like the Celtics are chock full of saints. KG, Rondo and Sheed have carried the "dirty" title proudly in the past. Perk and Pierce have their moments too. It's okay to call out other players, as long as you are aware your team does it just as much.

Kakaroach
05-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Rasheed Wallace is gonna play, just saw it on ESPN. More good news for the C's.

m26555
05-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Sheeeeeeeeeeed.

But seriously, he has played very well this series. He clearly isn't the same player from his Detroit days, but he has certainly had a significant impact on this series.

redsox0717
05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Good luck Magic fans. Hopefully this will be a close, exciting game like the Suns-Lakers game last night.

CLASSOF72
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Are you a psychiatrist?

Dwight's elbow throwing problems stem from his immaturity, and his inability to deal with frustration. Dirty players are players the preemptively plan things out. Dwight just does it our of frustration. It doesn't make it acceptable, but it certainly doesn't make him dirty in the sense that that word is used.

And you said " He didn't throw his first in this serries and I'm sure these won't be the last". So you're saying he hasn't thrown any yet this series, but he will? I don't get it.

I have no problem with you pointing out the elbows he throws, because he does throw them. But let's not act like the Celtics are chock full of saints. KG, Rondo and Sheed have carried the "dirty" title proudly in the past. Perk and Pierce have their moments too. It's okay to call out other players, as long as you are aware your team does it just as much.

You assume to much.(I'm no c's fan) Just a fan of good sportsmanship. I'm one of those fools who believe young children are watching, learning from and emmulating their favorite players and believe the millionairs made from the subsequent fanfare should be more responsible for themselves.

I would say that the c's are collectively a dirty team. If the refs actually called a fair game against the c's the entire team would more than likely foul out.
I was saying that Dwights thrown elbows before and he'll do it again. Throwing elbows for whatever reason is dirty and indicates poor maturity as well as bad sportsmanship. Howard is great example of how ability gets you the start and status, but not the chips.

I was happy to see Howard come into the league bigs like that don't come around often.. The problem with Dwight is he's letting his frustration induced anger or lack of self refinement to get the best of him, his game and his reputation and I think it's a bummer for him, his team, the league and any player he might seriously injure. Anyone remember what the Malone elbow did to the Generals' carreer? It's just lame and poor form and Howard deserves the rep he get's for the action. And yes it's part of my job to assess my clients mental state and coping skills.

sNaKeS
05-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Good luck Magic fans. Hopefully this will be a close, exciting game like the Suns-Lakers game last night.

No.......just no, I don't want another close game, we had too damn many of close games/buzzer beaters last year (Igoudala, Thaddeus Young, Big Baby, and of course Lebron). Not to make fun of you or anything but us magic fans had too much heartache from last year for an entire lifetime and I really don't want to go through that again. I want to see a magic victory by over 10 points (of course I do, I'm a magic fan!)

ManRam
05-28-2010, 08:09 PM
I respect your retort classof72. The more you post here, the more you'll realize I'm the most anti ref-whining person ever. I was going to type up a long response...but I'll refrain. May the best team win! Good luck!

ZioAx
05-28-2010, 08:15 PM
It ends tonight.

Kakaroach
05-28-2010, 08:18 PM
I respect your retort classof72. The more you post here, the more you'll realize I'm the most anti ref-whining person ever. I was going to type up a long response...but I'll refrain. May the best team win! Good luck! So true.

And anyway the game is about to get underway. I just hope for a good entertaining game.

RadiantShot
05-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I'll be shutting my laptop for tonight's game. Just like I will every other game from here on out. Everyone enjoy the game, and may the best team win. :)

CLASSOF72
05-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I respect your retort classof72. The more you post here, the more you'll realize I'm the most anti ref-whining person ever. I was going to type up a long response...but I'll refrain. May the best team win! Good luck!

Fair enough ManRam. I don't like anyone who throws elbows it's just to dangerous and these athletes have a lot of time and money vested in them by themselves and others. Otherwise good luck, nothings better than a comeback for the ages and I have to believe the Magic can get this one.

m26555
05-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Am I the only one who really, really likes Michael Wilbon?

ManRam
05-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Fair enough ManRam. I don't like anyone who throws elbows it's just to dangerous and these athletes have a lot of time and money vested in them by themselves and others. Otherwise good luck, nothings better than a comeback for the ages and I have to believe the Magic can get this one.

I agree. And ask any Magic fan, I'm harder on Dwight than just about any other Magic fan. He throws a ton of bows, but it's because he's dumb and emotional, not because he's dirty. Doesn't justify it.

But I don't think he's thrown any this series that were malicious. The one on Baby was as incidental as it comes...in my opinion.

I'm so pumped.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 08:31 PM
well here we go. Will the series end tonight? Or will the magic pull off another upset and have a chance to make history in game 7?

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I like him.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 08:32 PM

Not at all. He's incredibly objective. I love him. I really love ESPN's NBA crew, as well as TNT's. I think both companies have great crews.

NBA on NBC will always reign supreme...but the announcing and analysts we have are the best it's been in a while.

CrotchetyOldMan
05-28-2010, 08:34 PM
The thing about Dwight is that he has chooses to carelessly allow his elbows to fly where they may...He is one of the most incredibly gifted athletes in the world and shows incredible body control...Yet "somehow" his elbows are constantly "accidently" smashing people in the face and neck...and his armpit just as often "magically" wraps itself around someone's face and throws him to the ground while dwight is rebounding...He doesn't look like he's being malicious just purposefully careless...Haven't you guys played with people before who use this same "Oh! Whoops! I didn't know your face was there" technique?...while they proceed to elbow every guy on your team...

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Is anybody else's sound not working?

CLASSOF72
05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
I agree. And ask any Magic fan, I'm harder on Dwight than just about any other Magic fan. He throws a ton of bows, but it's because he's dumb and emotional, not because he's dirty. Doesn't justify it.

But I don't think he's thrown any this series that were malicious. The one on Baby was as incidental as it comes...in my opinion.
I agree, but that's why i refer to reputation. It would suck if he didn't get the benefit of the doubt and you guys lost your big for a big game.
I'm so pumped.

Have fun, good luck.

avrpatsfan
Seems like Barnes ran into Howard. Game time!

Corey
Barnes just ran into his teammate :pity:

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Wow Rondo.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 08:40 PM
JVG just saying Dwight's been getting hit hard, and all the fouls he's made have been clean. Tehehehe.

I respect the **** out of Rondo. I despise the C's right now...but I can't not respect the hell out of him. A lot of people think he's a product of a great team. I think the great team is a product of him

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Barnes just ran into his teammate :pity:

Didn't that happen with the Pistons one time?

ManRam
Jameericle and Dwight's chemistry is other-worldly.

avrpatsfan
JVG just saying Dwight's been getting hit hard, and all the fouls he's made have been clean. Tehehehe.

I respect the **** out of Rondo. I despise the C's right now...but I can't not respect the hell out of him. A lot of people think he's a product of a great team. I think the great team is a product of him
Good to see a non Celtic fan giving him credit. He is 24 and budding into a superstar.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Pierce is so good at drawing fouls. That's all I'll say about that one ;)

ManRam
05-28-2010, 08:44 PM
I love Dwight. But we can't run our offense through him. We lost the 3 games we tried to do that, and won the 2 we didn't. Time for perimeter based offense.

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Pierce is so good at drawing fouls. That's all I'll say about that one ;)

I don't even think that was a foul. Pierce is so good at drawing free throws because he is kind of frail.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 08:45 PM
celtics up 10-4 early.

Does VC know how to dribble anymore?

CrotchetyOldMan
i hate both these teams but wow...rondo and jameer could play for my team any day...these ally oops from jameer to dwight are insane...and rondo looks to be ready to assert himself tonite...

JNA17
jesus garnett just sit down.

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Garnett what the hell are you trying to do? ****er

ManRam
Vince fans defend Vince by saying he's not getting the ball. I swear every single game this series, we've started off trying to get him going. We've given him his chance this series, he hasn't capitalized. No excuses can be made for him.

Good work Shard. Aggressive!

CrotchetyOldMan
did you see Dwight actually grabbing KGs ribs he was tickling him and got the foul called on garnett....

JNA17
another alley to howard

Hawkeye15
what was that KG? hahahaha. Did you really think they wouldn't call you for a foul for throwing a GSP move?

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Get Perkins out of the game. He can't play D for **** right now.

ManRam
Love the oops to Dwight.

Games 1-3 we forced it to him. Game 4-6, we've been creative. That's the difference.

thescore53
if the celtics didnt talk so much ishh, this series would have been over already

all their doing is motivating them

CrotchetyOldMan
05-28-2010, 08:48 PM
what was that KG? hahahaha. Did you really think they wouldn't call you for a foul for throwing a GSP move?

pretty funny though dwight was grabbing his ribs with the old tickle move...

JNA17
lewis stepping up

ManRam
Lewis vs. any SF in the league: domination.

thescore53
Vince fans defend Vince by saying he's not getting the ball. I swear every single game this series, we've started off trying to get him going. We've given him his chance this series, he hasn't capitalized. No excuses can be made for him.

Good work Shard. Aggressive!

really hedo fans say he's not getting the ball. :D

ManRam
05-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Trying to refrain from my absolute Nelson-loving.

So hard.

ManRam
Bench Carter!

JNA17
when pierce shot that, his form actually looks different again, before it's like he would just sling-shot it with one arm. Now it looks much better.

did anybody else notice this or is it just me?

tredigs
Rooting for a game 7 and a great game here. Both teams look good early.

avrpatsfan
Man do opposing teams like to hammer Rondo. Jeez

carter15
05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
did you see Dwight actually grabbing KGs ribs he was tickling him and got the foul called on garnett....

r u kidding.
that cuda and wuda been more then just a foul on KG in any other gm.

CrotchetyOldMan
God the NBA is starting to look like the World Cup with the player reactions to being fouled...

carter15
Man do opposing teams like to hammer Rondo. Jeez

hes a ****in flopper. yes he got fouled there. but he acted lik he got shot.

Anon
The Celtics sure do fall down a lot.

avrpatsfan
when pierce shot that, his form actually looks different again, before it's like he would just sling-shot it with one arm. Now it looks much better.

did anybody else notice this or is it just me?

I noticed it too. His free throws look different too.

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Uh if you say so.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 08:52 PM
God the NBA is starting to look like the World Cups with the player reactions to being fouled...

You've just noticed? There isn't a single play where players don't whine. It's terrible. The NBA is a league full of primma donnas who feel they're entitled beyond realization. It's terrible. The fans are the same way; whenever their team lose, it's the ref's fault.

That's why I don't whine about refs. If you watch a game completely neutral...you'll realize how even most games are called.

Anon
You have to love KG. So much for Orlando playing dirty.

CrotchetyOldMan
r u kidding.
that cuda and wuda been more then just a foul on KG in any other gm.

No no no...you got me wrong...Definitely a foul on KG but Dwight did a great job at provoking it by tickling Garnett....If you watch it close he's actually grabbing/tickling KG in the ribs...KG overreacted and committed the foul...

JNA17

Well he does only way 170 pounds so it's possible for his body that he just falls like that.

He's a rat though.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 08:53 PM
I noticed it too. His free throws look different too.

yeah i thought so.

Glad I'm not crazy. :hide:

tredigs
05-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Uh... WOW, that was a play. Never seen something like that before.

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 08:56 PM
What are Celtics fans chanting?

tredigs
05-28-2010, 08:56 PM
JJ isn't missing an open look like Carter just had -- Just sayin'

macc
05-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Howard needs to relax when he has the ball so far out. He needs to pass it back out and get better position.

carter15
05-28-2010, 08:57 PM
JJ isn't missing an open look like Carter just had -- Just sayin'

ur right. carter is struggling like its january.

CrotchetyOldMan
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
What are Celtics fans chanting?

Bull****! about the charge call on Davis...it was the right call though i think...

JNA17
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
i hate how fast and quick PGs make going to the basket look so easy like rondo, or rose or at times westbrook. It makes me jealous :(

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:00 PM
i hate how fast and quick PGs make going to the basket look so easy like rondo, or rose or at times westbrook. It makes me jealous :(

Fish was huge last night. Don't be too upset.

CrotchetyOldMan
05-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Does anyone else get really annoyed by these movie trailers mixed up with NBA footage?...so annoying...

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Howard needs to relax when he has the ball so far out. He needs to pass it back out and get better position.

For a teamt hat shoots so well...he's a terrible passer. Another thing he needs to work on.

m26555
Howard struggling early.

ManRam
Lol. Svg<jvg!!

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Jameer is so good. I really think he's our best player.

:hide:

m26555
05-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Two on Nelson. That's huge.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:03 PM
A charge? haha. Funny call.

Smart play by Ray Ray though.

CrotchetyOldMan
05-28-2010, 09:04 PM
JVG is an idiot that was easily an illegal moving screen...not a charge though and i'd be surprised if that's what it got marked as...

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:04 PM
JVG: Get busy living and Get busy dieing.

nice Shawshank Redemption reference :laugh2:

ZioAx
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Rondo is not Rondo. He's hurting

Bulls_fan90
Stern has sent out the message. Celtics/Lakers finals. Orlando and Phoenix have no say.

ManRam
Bad quarter for the Magic. A lot of people in the magic forum thought we needed to come out strong. I disagree. We just need to close out quarters...something we haven't been able to do. I can live with a bad quarter. We'll just be better from here on out...especailly since Lewis has been so active.

m26555
Wbat a pass by Rondo!

ManRam
Loose balls going Boston's way.

avrpatsfan
That pass from Rondo was just too good.

bigsams50
05-28-2010, 09:06 PM
What a pass by rondo

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Dwight has to make these. He gets hit hard every time he has the ball. Make your FTs, and you wont get hacked every time.

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Stern has sent out the message. Celtics/Lakers finals. Boston and Phoenix have no say.

He also sent a message that the game would go to at least 6. I don't like it even though the Celtics may be getting benefited by the calls. I just want a clean playoffs. **** Rondo better be OK or series over.

ManRam
Williams is garbage. His defense is no better than Nelson's, and his offense is terrible. To think some people think he's better than Nelson. LOL.

thescore53
get up you faker

carter15
:laugh: Rondo is out of control. Not saying it wasnt a foul, but nobody pushed him, he just jumped like that.

m26555
Damn...that was a hard fall...

CrotchetyOldMan
Ouch!!!!!

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Can we please stop talking about Stern? If stern had a say, it would be Cleveland playing right now. It would be Cleveland playing last year.

These games aren't fixed. Refs have the hardest job in the sport. The best teams have won every game.

m26555
get up you faker
lmfao. You're not serious are you?

avrpatsfan
Rondo gets up. Hope he's ok.

King P
All these Celtic players love to be dramatic with their injuries.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:10 PM
damn what a pass before by rondo

CrotchetyOldMan
:laugh: Rondo is out of control. Not saying it wasnt a foul, but nobody pushed him, he just jumped like that.

Cmon dude what are you talking about...He was in the air and got thrown off by contact from Lewis and Howard...If noone touches him he at least would partially land on his feet...

ManRam
We're nothing without Nelson.

Bulls_fan90
He also sent a message that the game would go to at least 6. I don't like it even though the Celtics may be getting benefited by the calls. I just want a clean playoffs. **** Rondo better be OK or series over.

I agree. Boston will close it out tonight and Lakers will do the same tomorrow.

CrotchetyOldMan
05-28-2010, 09:11 PM
However I do think Rondo and Pierce have both played their share of soccer at some point in their lives...

avrpatsfan
get up you faker

Are you ****ing kidding me? You think he flopped? Where did you get the weed? That was a hard foul. Find 1 person who thinks that wasn't a hard foul.

ZioAx

Idiotic comment, oh look a Jets fan

m26555
I want to see you land like he did and pop right back up.

Anon
05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Wait, a Celtic player laid on the ground for an hour and now he is fine?

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
While I partially agree you can't say all of them do. Also, Rondo was NOT dramatic with that injury because he landed on his back. He probably got the wind knocked out of him or worse. If you've ever played basketball before you would know that hurts really bad.

JNA17
30-19 celtics. If that's the type of score by halftime, i don't see the celtics losing

avrpatsfan
Wait, a Celtic player laid on the ground for an hour and now he is fine?

No it wasn't and hour and no he's not fine. He couldn't leave the game because of a rule.

masalex1205
05-28-2010, 09:14 PM
get up you faker

stevie wonder, is that you?

m26555
05-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Boston is just out-working Orlando.

m26555
stevie wonder, is that you?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JNA17
celtics moving up

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Bad decision by TA to drive, Robinson was wide open on the wing.

JNA17
holy **** that mic'ed up thing, SVG looked like his voice cracked up it was historical :laugh2:

m26555
Davis :facepalm:

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:17 PM
God damnit Davis. Cmon Robinson you gotta go in for the layup. He looks very hesitant.

thescore53
he missed a layup lol

Bulls_fan90
Stan Van Gundy sounds like a dying cat.

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Robinson has changed his culture on the Celtics though. Way more unselfish. Nate the great!

m26555
I love Nate so much <3

JNA17
nate missed a layup?

bigsams50
Lil Nate is that you?

thescore53
robinson gives me goose bumps when he shows emotion,

JNA17
oh now he makes a shot lol

m26555
05-28-2010, 09:20 PM
nate missed a layup?
No. Davis did.

maddBat
05-28-2010, 09:21 PM
30-19 celtics. If that's the type of score by halftime, i don't see the celtics losing

its not looking good 4 the magic. carter needs 2 stay on the bench.

maddBat
05-28-2010, 09:22 PM
ok now he hits a shot. lol

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:22 PM
No. Davis did.

oh my bad. I read the posts and i was like :confused:

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Is that 3 on Howard? Bad call, that should have been a travel though.

JNA17
dwight traveled

ManRam
We're resorting to everything that ****ed us early on this series: forcing it to Dwight.

ManRam
JVG whipping out "hubris"

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:24 PM
carter 1-4 already.

ManRam
Please. Sit Vince down. He's worthless.

m26555
Nate!!!!!!!!

avrpatsfan
We're resorting to everything that ****ed us early on this series: forcing it to Dwight.
Van Gundy has really ****ed up things for you guys. If you guys had a better coach you guys would be in a much better situation. NATE THE GREAT!

CrotchetyOldMan
Robinson wants to drop 30...

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
lil nate again! finally the celtics give him a chance and he's doing great.

avrpatsfan
That's a double dribble!

thescore53
ok now he hits a shot. lol

oh now he makes a shot lol

ok now he makes a shot lol.

CrotchetyOldMan
they just let Jameer dribble pick up and then dribble again...wow..

ManRam
I never liked the Vince for Hedo swap. I feel vindicated. Dude's a scrub. One 30+ game all year. Terrible passing. He's made us regress.

masalex1205
wow the officials hate Nate, two bad calls in a row

JNA17
celtics are just toying with them now.

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Keep Robinson in, he's dominating.

Slimsim
I been waiting for Nate to play He can easily drop 40. Ask Atlanta.

macc
Its not looking good for us. We need to move the ball more.

masalex1205
I'll still don't understand why Bass isn't playing for Orlando

avrpatsfan
they just let Jameer dribble pick up and then dribble again...wow..
I know. I can't believe they missed it. Luckily it didn't hurt us. Horrible reffing this game.

carter15
05-28-2010, 09:27 PM
nelsons doing great too manram....

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:27 PM
another orlando TO

Slimsim
05-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Dam Nate backed up Energy is a force much greater than Kobe.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:28 PM
nelsons doing great too manram....

I didn't say he was. In the playoffs though...it's no contest. All the opposing coaches have said that at worst, this is Jameer and Dwight's team. Doc said this is "Jameer's team".

Carter has been irrelevant.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Dam Nate backed up Energy is a force much greater than Kobe.

except kobe has killer instinct and that beats any kind of energy every game every night ;)

tonyd3b54
i like nate but i can see why doc doesnt play him that much... he is a trigger happy and the celtics are a team first offense

avrpatsfan
That guy with red shoes has my respect.

Avenged
Vince Carter needs to wake up, I don't think he realizes its the ECF. That's what inexperience will do to you, I guess.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:30 PM
pierce in, 19 point lead

Slimsim
except kobe has killer instinct and that beats any kind of energy every game every night ;)

True can; argue with that. But Nate is scary when he's pumped.

JNA17
VC throws a dumb pass

ManRam
That's not a flagrant.

m26555
Hahahah I LOVE NATE.

ManRam
****ing Vince.

m26555
05-28-2010, 09:31 PM
That's not a flagrant.
Agreed.

JNA17
True can; argue with that. But Nate is scary when he's pumped.

yes, yes he is. It even makes him taller then he actually is :laugh2:

JNA17
a flagrant? Just a good foul. Nothing wrong with that

Slimsim
It's like **** seems to go his way when Nate is on fire.

avrpatsfan
Robinson needs to stay in the game. Terrible sequence by the Magic. Carter then foul on Robinson.

CrotchetyOldMan
Wow Orlando just getting completely outplayed and outhustled!...Did not think that should have been a flagrant though...the little general is fired up...

thescore53
05-28-2010, 09:32 PM
nate fits in great with this team... he has the attitude down perfect

avrpatsfan
That's not a flagrant.

Agreed but this series has been very chippy so the refs tend to overreact.

ManRam
We are getting out hustled in every regard. Terrible showing.

masalex1205
yeah agree its not a flagrant

avrpatsfan

What's that supposed to mean?

JNA17
good move by howard but still celtics up by 19

avrpatsfan
Robinson again! I love him.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 09:33 PM
nate again!

ManRam
Agreed but this series has been very chippy so the refs tend to overreact.

Trust me. I'm not complaining. bad calls go both ways.

Robinson is off the hook. We weren't meant to be if he's been this good.

avrpatsfan
For once Carter makes a good play.

JNA17
VC actually.....scored?

CrotchetyOldMan
Holy Cow!...Nate's gonna drop 30...

Slimsim
See what i mean Sometimes Nate just can't miss.

Avenged
05-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I'd be very disappointed as a Magic fan and player if they lose this game because of Nate Robinson, of all people.

masalex1205

whether you like it or not its the attitude of a winner

m26555
Robinson is earning himself a lot of playing time for the Finals should Boston make it.

ManRam
Apocalypse? Vince scoring and and-one?

Sadds The Gr8
VC actually.....scored?

yea I know eh? The apocalypse is coming

avrpatsfan
Trust me. I'm not complaining. bad calls go both ways.

Robinson is off the hook. We weren't meant to be if he's been this good.
Oh I know you weren't complaining. Don't worry about it. Why isn't Robinson in our rotation? He looks amazing these playoffs and not just this game. You don't need to score to be amazing. He has played clean basketball in these playoffs. I'd easily put him over TA right now. TA keeps making bad plays this game.

Sadds The Gr8
05-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Apocalypse? Vince scoring and and-one?

lol same msg, same time

thescore53
What's that supposed to mean?

it's a compliment

ManRam
I'd be very disappointed as a Magic fan and player if they lose this game because of Nate Robinson, of all people.

I agree. We're getting out-hustled on every play. They just want it more. Talent-wise, this is a great series. But that's all that makes it great. We have a bunch of sissies besides Barnes and Nelson.

bigsams50
I've lost all respect for Vince Carter after this series. :pity: Its like he isn't even playing

AI4MVP
hahah i love lil nate. me and him play exactly the same. small then everyone else on the court but energetic as hell and can score the rock

ManRam
05-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Oh I know you weren't complaining. Don't worry about it. Why isn't Robinson in our rotation? He looks amazing these playoffs and not just this game. You don't need to score to be amazing. He has played clean basketball in these playoffs. I'd easily put him over TA right now. TA keeps making bad plays this game.

Allen's defense is world-class. That's the only reason I can think of.

JNA17

nah that's 2012. Right now it's an earthquake just big enough to destroy Texas :p

Slimsim
Nate is doing better than Marbury.

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:37 PM
it's a compliment

Oh thought you were dissing the Celtics because of some of your prior posts. Sorry man! I bet the Magic are pissed they committed that foul on Rondo because while Rondo has been great Robinson has been amazing.

knickfan4life
once a knick always a knick, nate is killin it baby

ManRam
Rondo just chilling on the sideline worries me so much. If this game gets close. He'll be fresh. That's bad news.

ManRam
We need to abandon Dwight on offense.

JNA17
wow. nate again with 12 points!

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Robinson is unconscious. Doc better keep him in.

Slimsim
When Nate is Hot He will Not miss.

avrpatsfan
Rondo just chilling on the sideline worries me so much. If this game gets close. He'll be fresh. That's bad news.
Man that just is awful for the Magic. They are in an awful situation right now.