PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Free agent class. Where do they go?

prodigy
05-27-2010, 04:31 PM
For over a year now people have been speculating on where the 2010 FA class will go. Threw out these forums are topics about certain players and it gets confusing. So I wanted to bring all the players together and get everyones official thoughts on it.

Where do these 2010 Free Agents go? Give your team and a short reason if you want.

Lebron James- Cleveland Home, good team, Great owner and good GM.

Dwayne Wade- Miami Won a Title, On the beach. Leader.

Chris Bosh- Knicks He Buys whatever NY is selling.

Amare Stoudemire- Heat Born and raised. With wade.

Joe Johnson- Cleveland threw sign and trade.

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas

Carlos Boozer- Bulls Made some comments that makes me lean this way.

Ray Allen- Boston They don't have anyone better at SG to take over, So he returns.

Shaq- Cleveland If the Cavs land JJ, Shaq will return for another year.

Brendan Haywood- Dallas I would love for my Cavs to go after him before Shaq, But I feel he will stay.

Udonis Haslem- Portland

John Salmons- Knicks Will opt out of the Bucks contract and get more money.

David Lee- Thunder Would be Great on that young team.

Al Harrington- Clippers

Josh Howard- Washington they will pick up the team option.

Mike Miller- Kings IDK.

Just a rough draft.

Slimsim
05-27-2010, 04:46 PM
i Think Bulls will get Joe and Boozer goes to NJ. Not sure about the Knicks signing salmons Everything else looks reasonable.

thescore53
05-27-2010, 04:48 PM
dude if bosh goes to ny then so is lebron, why do you think any big free agent want to play in Cleveland, you'd be lucky if lebron stays

Southsideheat
05-27-2010, 04:55 PM
how many of these threads do we have now?

JNA17
05-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Not enough!!!!

DaBUU
05-27-2010, 04:58 PM

marlinsfan24
05-27-2010, 05:00 PM
dude if bosh goes to ny then so is lebron, why do you think any big free agent want to play in Cleveland, you'd be lucky if lebron stays

I think Joe Johnson is the most likely out of all the players to go there. This is very realistic

Williams
Johnson
James
Hickson
Shaq

That's a great team. (assuming Jamison is used in the S&T)

And of course I love the Heat off-season

Chalmers
Wade
Wright
Beasley
Amare

That would be great!

*Silver&Black*
05-27-2010, 05:01 PM
If there is a sign and trade for Joe, who on the Cavs comes to the Hawks? The Hawks will let Joe walk before taking on contracts. Everyone on the Cavs is not better than our starters (besides Lebron), and all of your "good" players have crappy contracts. No Thanks. But if you can't sign Joe outright, Hawks isn't going to take on contracts to make the Cavs better.

The only thing Hawks would want is:

1. Joe Back
2. Draft Picks
3. a center not over 30.
4. a TRUE PG

A sign and trade for Lebron to the Hawks would be more true than a Joe to Cavs. Atleast we got young all-stars to trade.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
haha no ones ever going to buy with the cavs are selling like noah said that city is garbage when it comes to sports teams and im saying that as nice as i can, so MODS im not trying to start a fight or get banned its just true cavaliers, browns, indians plus the video on youtube showing the city..Secondly why would the raptors lose their franchise player and not sign anyone:S...

kozelkid
05-27-2010, 05:05 PM
I think Joe Johnson is the most likely out of all the players to go there. This is very realistic

Williams
Johnson
James
Hickson
Shaq

That's a great team. (assuming Jamison is used in the S&T)

And of course I love the Heat off-season

Chalmers
Wade
Wright
Beasley
Amare

That would be great!

That might end up being one of the worst defensive and rebounding teams EVER.

marlinsfan24
05-27-2010, 05:06 PM
That might end up being one of the worst defensive and rebounding teams EVER.

Possibly...but Beas and Amare have the potential to outrebound and defend if they try.

WhyDuquette
05-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Ok first off I have not been on PSD in quite some time. Second off I have not made a thread in years and I donít think ever in the NBA area. Lastly I realize there are so many threads about the upcoming class but i had this thought that i was talking with my buddies and wondering your opinion and if there was ever a chance and if you if you were one of the players would do this.

Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Johnson, Amare, and hell whoever else wanted to would all sign one year contracts, all receiving the same amount of money to play for one franchise that year. So if to sign all of them they would only make 3 mil a year that is what they would do. Im not huge on the NBA but i would assume they would win the championship with whatever team they went to. Say they do this for the next 6 years, different cities, half dozen rings, and would take over the NBA and always be in history.

First I almost know this wont happen but would you if you had the choice?
I realize one would sacrifice millions of dollars and the i couldnít lead a team single handily to a championship mentality (but who can?).

Basically i see it that they would get rings (almost everyone says thatís what it is about) all still swimming in money and have enough endorsements, enough money from the jerseys you have for each different team etc.

Just a thought, what are yours?

RaptorsFanatic
05-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Read my sig. Had this a while ago. LOL

WhyDuquette
05-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Hahaha yes, but see if i were them go to different teams, say to each of their hometown teams, then cities they like. But with that different jerseys, = alot more money, might cover the fee of taking less money....

DeyAce
05-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Chicago will be the big winner

PBG
05-28-2010, 02:42 AM
take wade out of there and they figure out a way to lose, guaranteed. just a bunch of over hyped, no ring having bums.

prodigy
05-28-2010, 08:26 AM

I have not seen one like this.

todu82
05-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Lebron James- Chicago

Chris Bosh- Miami

Amare Stoudemire- New York

Joe Johnson- New York

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas

Carlos Boozer- Chicago

Ray Allen- Boston

Shaq- Retire

Brendan Haywood- Dallas

Udonis Haslem- Portland

John Salmons- Chicago

David Lee- Toronto

Al Harrington- Hawks

Josh Howard- Washington

Mike Miller- Kings

$KnicksAndKobe$
05-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Lebron James - New York Knicks - Big City, Big Dream, Big second Max, Gallo

Chris Bosh - New York Knicks - see above

Dwayne Wade- Miami Heat - Won a Title, On the beach. Second Max.

Amare Stoudemire - Miami Heat - On the beach, and with Wade.

Joe Johnson - Chicago Bulls - Compliments the Bulls team.

Carlos Boozer - Nets/Jazz - We'll see ...

David Lee - Raptors/Thunderr - Raptors s&t to get the player they like. If not then to the Thunder because they got $ and Lee will give them hustle/rebounds/best passing big guy.

Mike Miller - Lakers - Lakers shown interest and need a shooter. MLE$

Shaq - Retires/Thunder/Lakers - I honestly think he retires but he can surprise people by coming to the Thunder or go where he should of stayed with the Lakers.

John Salmons - Clippers - Baron-Gordon-Salmons-Blake-Kaman, looks good

Ray Allen - Celtics - - Most likely will get most money there

GrumpyOldMan
05-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Lebron- NewYork
Bosh- Miami
Wade- Miami
Stoudamire- NewYork
J Johnson- NewJersey
Boozer- Chicago
D.Lee- Cleveland

Ballin274
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
For over a year now people have been speculating on where the 2010 FA class will go. Threw out these forums are topics about certain players and it gets confusing. So I wanted to bring all the players together and get everyones official thoughts on it.

Where do these 2010 Free Agents go? Give your team and a short reason if you want.

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas

Ray Allen- Boston They don't have anyone better at SG to take over, So he returns.

Brendan Haywood- Dallas I would love for my Cavs to go after him before Shaq, But I feel he will stay.

Udonis Haslem- Portland

Al Harrington- Clippers

Mike Miller- Kings IDK.

Just a rough draft.

John Salmons???? Like really? move makes absolutely no sense. big waste of cash we worked so hard to get. I'd start Walker or Chandler over him anyway

airronijordan
05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
NY gets bosh through sign and trade (lee- the raptors would rather want lee, than having injury prone bynum, or receiving deng and his horrible contract)

NY will then get lebron.

Chicago gets Joe Johnson

Wade and Amare (they trade beasley to phoenix) to Miami

Boozer, Shaq (he was born in NJ), and Rudy Gay to the Nets.

Brendan Haywood to the THUNDER! They need a big man and I think they'll offe him the most money.

Tmac to the Clippers.

Ray Allen stays in Boston

Nowitzki stays in Dallas, Mike Miller also joins Dallas

JasonJohnHorn
05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm still wondering if there is a team beside the Raptors who would pay a max contract for Bosh? I think the Knicks would IF they knew that it would draw in Wade or James, but I think if the Knicks saw Wade and James sign elsewhere, they'd rather pay a lower salary for Lee and pick up Joe Johnson, or even Amare or Boozer instead of Bosh.

For the Raptors, Bosh is worth a max deal alone, but for any other team, I don't think Bosh is worth the max unless it means bringing in another max-contract player, and NY is the only team with that kind of cap space... so... I'm thinking there is still a good chance that the Raptors may come away with Bosh. After all, Walsh is not Isiah Thomas... he's not going to give out huge contract for players who he knows aren't worth it. He didn't do with the Pacers, and I doubt he will start now (unless his bosses tell him its ok to overspend, but I'm pretty sure they told Thomas that before and it didn't turn out well).

PrettyBoyJ
05-28-2010, 10:00 AM
No way Bosh goes to NY without Wade or Lebron.. Jus not happening

SouljahPhil...
05-28-2010, 10:03 AM
NY gets bosh through sign and trade (lee- the raptors would rather want lee, than having injury prone bynum, or receiving deng and his horrible contract)

NY will then get lebron.

Chicago gets Joe Johnson

Wade and Amare (they trade beasley to phoenix) to Miami

Boozer, Shaq (he was born in NJ), and Rudy Gay to the Nets.

Brendan Haywood to the THUNDER! They need a big man and I think they'll offe him the most money.

Tmac to the Clippers.

Ray Allen stays in Boston

Nowitzki stays in Dallas, Mike Miller also joins Dallas

haha..and then play lee with bargs? lol

keep dreaming...

SouljahPhil...
05-28-2010, 10:04 AM

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas

Udonis Haslem- Portland

Al Harrington- Clippers

Mike Miller- Kings IDK.

Just a rough draft.

hahaha..nice dream..hawks won't sign and trade joe for clevelands garbage... hell no..they will rather let him walk...

lvlheaded
05-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Lebron James- New York-they are virtually gonna have him run the organization, I cant see him passing that up

Dwayne Wade- Miami-Won a Title and is God in the city

Chris Bosh- New York-Has basically said he wants to follow LeBron

Amare Stoudemire- Miami-He would relish the opportunity to play alongside Wade

Joe Johnson- Atlanta-They want nothing more than to keep him and he has a great team around him, no reason to leave.

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas-Just cant see him leaving Dallas

Carlos Boozer- Chicago-Pairing him with Rose and Noah makes Chicago a 3 seed caliber team in the East.

Ray Allen- Boston-Might get a second title this year and would love a shot at the repeat..

Shaq- Retire-Too OLD

David Lee- Thunder-Along with the growth of KD, Westbrook, and Harden, Lee would make a good young team great in OKC

avrpatsfan
05-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Lebron James- New York-they are virtually gonna have him run the organization, I cant see him passing that up

Dwayne Wade- Miami-Won a Title and is God in the city

Chris Bosh- New York-Has basically said he wants to follow LeBron

Amare Stoudemire- Miami-He would relish the opportunity to play alongside Wade

Joe Johnson- Atlanta-They want nothing more than to keep him and he has a great team around him, no reason to leave.

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas-Just cant see him leaving Dallas

Carlos Boozer- Chicago-Pairing him with Rose and Noah makes Chicago a 3 seed caliber team in the East.

Ray Allen- Boston-Might get a second title this year and would love a shot at the repeat..

Shaq- Retire-Too OLD

David Lee- Thunder-Along with the growth of KD, Westbrook, and Harden, Lee would make a good young team great in OKC

Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Green
Lee

That lineup could win a championship.

SouljahPhil...
05-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Lebron-Chi town
Wade- Miami
Bosh- lakers
Amare- Miami
Boozer-Nj
JJ-NY
Dirk -dallas
Lee-thunder
Gay-grizzlies
Salmons-bucks

SouljahPhil...
05-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Lee would best fit the thunder...Knicks should sign and trade him there for picks..

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-28-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm still wondering if there is a team beside the Raptors who would pay a max contract for Bosh? I think the Knicks would IF they knew that it would draw in Wade or James, but I think if the Knicks saw Wade and James sign elsewhere, they'd rather pay a lower salary for Lee and pick up Joe Johnson, or even Amare or Boozer instead of Bosh.

For the Raptors, Bosh is worth a max deal alone, but for any other team, I don't think Bosh is worth the max unless it means bringing in another max-contract player, and NY is the only team with that kind of cap space... so... I'm thinking there is still a good chance that the Raptors may come away with Bosh. After all, Walsh is not Isiah Thomas... he's not going to give out huge contract for players who he knows aren't worth it. He didn't do with the Pacers, and I doubt he will start now (unless his bosses tell him its ok to overspend, but I'm pretty sure they told Thomas that before and it didn't turn out well).

where are you getting your info from? the heat have the most cap space of any team......:eyebrow:

G-Menfan4lyfe
05-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Lebron-Chi town
Wade- Miami
Bosh- lakers
Amare- Miami
Boozer-Nj
JJ-NY
Dirk -dallas
Lee-thunder
Gay-grizzlies
Salmons-bucks

not gonna happen raps dont want an injury prone bynum when they could get something better for him.... but im not surprised this came from a lakers fan....

SouljahPhil...
05-28-2010, 10:31 AM
not gonna happen raps dont want an injury prone bynum when they could get something better for him.... but im not surprised this came from a lakers fan....

is that you bosh????

as if you know were would he land..lol

An injured bynum is better than your bench player beasley..lol

JOSKOMANG4
05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Lebron James- Nets. Lebron buys into new Russian's owner promise for an NBA title in the next 3-5 years. Nets will also draft PF D.Favors(G.Tech).

C) Lopez
PF) Favors
SF) CDR4
SG) L.James
PG) D.Harris

Key bench:
SF/SG T.Williams
SG C.Lee
C J.BOone

Dwayne Wade- Chicago

Chris Bosh- After Bulls trade PG Kirk Hinrich(3 yrs remaining) to the Knicks in exchanged for expiring contract of Eddie Curry.. then buyout Eddie Curry's contract. Bosh signs with Bulls.

Bulls:

C) Noah
PF) Bosh
SF) Deng
SG) Wade
PG) Rose

Key Bench:

PF T.Gibson
PF/SF Johnson
SG/PG J.Pargo

Amare Stoudemire- S&T. Knicks acquire A'Mare from Suns in exchange for C/PF David Lee.

Joe Johnson- Knicks. 5yr 82.5mill

Knicks Lineup:

C) A'Mare
PF) A.Harrington
SF) D.Gallanari
SG) J.Johnson
PG) K.Hinrich

Key Bench:

SF/SG W.Chandler
SG/PG S.Rodriguez

Dirk Nowitzki- Mavericks.

Carlos Boozer- S&T w/Orlando. Orlando will send Utah C/PF M.Gortat & PF/SF Bass.

Ray Allen- Boston.

Shaq- With no depth at Center, Washington Wizards sign Shaq.

Brendan Haywood- Resigns w/Mavericks.

Udonis Haslem- resigns w/Miami

John Salmons- Reups w/Bucks

David Lee- S&T w/Suns & Knicks. Knicks acquire A'Mare in exchanged for David Lee

Al Harrington- MLE w/Knicks.

Mike Miller- He'll sign to win an NBA Championship w/ Lakers. NOt sure if he's a Free agent though so they'll work out a S&T(Lakers & Wizards).

Rudy Gay- Hawks. He'll replace Joe Johnson. 5yr 60mill. Though it may seem alot for gay.. they save 22.5 million by not signing Johnson.

SouljahPhil...
05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
If lebron goes to bulls bosh goes to miami or LA..

But if LBJ signs with knicks.,Bosh will go there..

Amare in florida with wade

JJ in Chi town..

Boozer=NJ
Lee=OKC

tbuk100
05-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Lebron James- Chicago.

Dwayne Wade- Miami

Chris Bosh- Houston.

Amare Stoudemire- Phoenix- needs a PG to be effective and Heat don't have one

Joe Johnson- Heat

Dirk Nowitzki- Dallas

Carlos Boozer- Bulls - perfect compliment to Noah

Ray Allen- Boston at a discount

Shaq- retires

Brendan Haywood- Miami

Udonis Haslem- Portland

John Salmons- Bucks.

David Lee- Knicks

Al Harrington- Spurs

Josh Howard- Washington

Mike Miller- Minnesota

Just a rough draft.

awmathewsjr
05-28-2010, 11:19 AM
you do realize that the majority of the bench would be making more than the starters

Kakaroach
05-28-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm going to close this and re-direct you guys to the official LeBron James (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488096), Dwyane Wade (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485335) and Joe Johnson (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485632) FA speculation threads. Feel free to discuss this in those threads, and don't bait each other :cheers: Courtesy of Wilson.