PDA

View Full Version : Perkins gets tech rescinded

Rivera
05-27-2010, 12:54 PM
in a move i think everyone was expecting kendrik perkins got on of his techs rescinded so he has 6 and can play in game 6

this is a joke because the one that if u made a case that one wasnt a tech over the other the first one deffiantly wasnt a techs when he grabbed pierces hand and slipped then elbowed gortat

the 2nd one im cool wit that one cause perk stay *******n but the 1st one shouldnt of been a tech after further review

im just happy pierce got a flagrant 1 pushing jj reddick to the floor

NBA is a joke but refs screw the celts im happy wit that :D i wish i can have that same smile but turn his face blue lol

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37379756/ns/sports-player_news/

ManRam
05-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Please post a link when you make a new thread.

And please try to be slightly more coherent next time ;)

Aar684
05-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Please post a link when you make a new thread.

And please try to be slightly more coherent next time ;)

Totally agreed. Not really understandable.

JNA17
05-27-2010, 01:02 PM
good

Hawkeye15
05-27-2010, 01:02 PM
fine with me. There are enough games left, he will get another one obviously. Only a matter of time before the hothead is suspended.

JordansBulls
05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Not good, because he will surely get a technical in game 6 or game 7 or any game in the next series and be suspended. Would rather him be suspended for game 6 then any other game afterwards.

Rivera
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
lmao i just heard it on WEEI so i just posted it i didnt read nothin but thanks to whoever put a link lol

and if its undreadable sorry thats what community college does to ya :)

xbrackattackx
05-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Not good, because he will surely get a technical in game 6 or game 7 or any game in the next series and be suspended. Would rather him be suspended for game 6 then any other game afterwards.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

LTS
05-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Seemed like at least one was bogus but don't think it matetrs Orlando is going for the 93-1 record of being first team to come back from 0-3 in conference finals

NYKnickFanatic
05-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Damn. I hate that whining goofball.

cav_till_i_die
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Good! Both of those calls were bull, both of them should have been rescinded.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Good! Both of those calls were bull, both of them should have been rescinded.

So should Gortat's tech. And Rondo's. I didn't see it, but I heard Barnes had one too that was a **** call. But Joey Crawford got what he wanted - publicity. Stern just fuels that moron's fire.

m26555
05-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Seemed like at least one was bogus but don't think it matetrs Orlando is going for the 93-1 record of being first team to come back from 0-3 in conference finals
So we're handing a team that's down 3-2 the series? :laugh2:

I just cannot see Boston losing four straight; cannot see it.

Double_R
05-27-2010, 01:27 PM
The NBA is a JOKE... another embarrassing move by the NBA, either its a tech or it isn't, it shouldn't be one then not be one the next day...

m26555
05-27-2010, 01:28 PM
The NBA is a JOKE... another embarrassing move by the NBA, either its a tech or it isn't, it shouldn't be one then not be one the next day...
No; the only joke was that the tech was called to begin with. This HAD to be overturned.

Double_R
05-27-2010, 01:29 PM
How come they didn't rescind Gortat's mystery double tech with Perkins?????

m26555
05-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I agree that it should have been rescinded. Perkins' tech on that play should have been rescinded, as well.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 01:31 PM

They decided that both techs on the play should be upheld. They got rid of the 2nd one so Perk wasn't wrongfully suspended. But they won't go back and fix the rest (the double, Rondo, Barnes) because it would expose their refs as the morons they are, which the NBA refuses to do.

Double_R
05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
No; the only joke was that the tech was called to begin with. This HAD to be overturned.

Yea that's kinda my point, why was it called in the first place? That being said I think it's insane to change calls after a game is over... What if the Magic had won by 1 and they come and say that it's not a tech, but they were given a free point? The NBA officiating is an absolute joke and so is David Stern.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Yea that's kinda my point, why was it called in the first place? That being said I think it's insane to change calls after a game is over... What if the Magic had won by 1 and they come and say that it's not a tech, but they were given a free point? The NBA officiating is an absolute joke and so is David Stern.

Correct. People scream consipiracy, but that's not the problem. The issue is incompentence. That and guys like Joey Crawford wanting to be the star of the game. He needs to realize that even his own mother doesn't give a **** about him or any other ref during a game - we want to see players play. Not attention whore refs.

AntiG
05-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Both technicals were BS calls and both should have been rescinded.

Agree on the Pierce flagrant.

magichatnumber9
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
I am so sick of complaining about the way these games are called. These refs and there ego's

bigsams50
05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Playoff basketball is supposed to be edgy, no reason for the refs to be calling all these techs

RaiderLakersA's
05-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Expected move. But that still puts him on the verge of being suspended, given how the refs are dropping technicals like they were eggs on Easter Sunday.

Did they rescind the tech on Rondo? I thought that was the b/s call of the night.

Sly Guy
05-27-2010, 02:26 PM
the nba needs to follow it's own example by changing rules based on a single person ruining the sport. They need to implement the 'joey crawford rule', whereby any techs called by crawford are automatically rescinded.

Tragedy
05-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Exactly. So it was okay that the Celtics were screwed out of their starting Center in the 2nd, but I'm suppose to be thrilled that the NBA is 'letting' him play in Game 6?

Freaking joke.

Corey
05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Exactly. So it was okay that the Celtics were screwed out of their starting Center in the 2nd, but I'm suppose to be thrilled that the NBA is 'letting' him play in Game 6?

Freaking joke.

It's not even that we JUST lost our starting center for the second half. It also made Davis get more minutes, who later got a concussion...and it also gave more minutes to Rasheed Wallace, who fouled out.

We looked like crap in the first half, and probably would have lost game 5 anyways, but with Perk in the game, our defense can focus on the perimeter defense is heightened because we can leave Perk on an island down low with Dwight and still be okay.

Additionally, I hate Joey Crawford, and every Spurs fan should be able to agree with that one :laugh2: He makes every big game about HIM, and that's the last thing a game should be about.

RadiantShot
05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Rightfully so.

The Ooh Child
05-27-2010, 03:10 PM
CONSPIRACY!!! Perkins deserved that second technical! Stern just wants the Celtics in the finals!!! CONSPIRACYYYYYY!!!!

KmB728
05-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Hopefully we can come out and win game 6... this is good news

Raph12
05-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Bound to happen, the tech was bs and Pierce's shove was definitely a flagrant.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I get so frustrated with the inconsistent techs. I remember a finals game with teh Supersonics and Bulls where Payton was called for a foul (iffy call) and turned and said (loudly) "What?" with his hands out. The officials gave him a tech for that. Later in the game, Jordan is called for a foul and does the exact same thing, loudly questioning: "WHAT?!" with his arms and hands out. EXACTLY THE SAME as Payton, but the official apologized to Jordan and talked calmly to him and I'm guessing explained that it was a foul. Both players question in in the same fashion, and only one got a tech. I don't care who your name is and how many scoring titles you have, there needs to be a consistent rule about that.

What I saw Perkins do for the first tech, wasnt a tech at all, and the second one wouldn't have been a tech if his name was Bryant, James or Wade. So in my opnion neither should have been a tech and Boston should have had their starting center for the second half.

Rondo also got a tech for arguing a charge he got called for (which he was guilty of, the charge was the right call), and he was pretty calmly asking about the call, which a lot of players do, and then he got called for a tech by another official.

Putting a team at the line three times, and taking out a starter is a pretty big deal. Impacts the outcome of the game for sure. Had Perkins been able to play the loss of Davis later in the game wouldnt have been as huge an impact and Boston would have had more front court players to rotate in the game.

This is another clear example of how inconsistent officiating swings games. Now, the way the game was going, I'm pretty sure the right team won anyways, but I can understand how fans in Boston would be upset about this, espcially since their hockey team just dropped a 3-0 lead ;-)

ManRam
05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I definitely think it was a terrible, stomach-churning and blatantly wrong call.

But...per NBA.com's NBA rules...

A. Technical Foul
Section V--Conduct
a. An official may assess a technical foul, without prior warning, at any time. A technical foul(s) may be assessed to any player on the court or anyone seated on the bench for conduct which, in the opinion of an official, is detrimental to the game.
d. A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
(1) Disrespectfully addressing an official
(3) Overt actions indicating resentment to a call
(4) Use of profanity
(7) Taunting
e. Cursing or blaspheming an official shall not be considered the only cause for imposing technical fouls. Running tirades, continuous criticism or griping may be sufficient cause to assess a technical. Excessive misconduct shall result in ejection from the game.

If it was a regular season, and it was his first technical of the game...it would have been okay I'm sure. He did have a slight "running tirade", he was continually criticizing and he was griping. It was an overt action indicating resentment to a call. Sure, he turned away, but he well out and his body language showed just how overtly upset he was. There was profanity too. Watching the replay it's clear, and a few C's fans have admitted it.

Doc said it best. He felt the ref gave the technical on instinct due to Perk's actions. He didn't realize that it was his second, and once he did, he had a look on his face like "uh oh". If this was his first technical of the game, it wouldn't even be discussed after the game in all likelihood. The circumstances just made it all the more awful.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the call...because giving the situation, it was 100% wrong. I just think it's laughable how one technical foul called translates into "conspiracy", "fixing" blah blah blah. It was a reactionary call. It was a bad reactionary call. Reactionary calls aren't the result of preemptive thought.

BOSTON617
05-27-2010, 03:50 PM
i disagree with this so he get ejected for basically the whole game and now they are taking it back ????????? i just find that not fair because perk has got 1 tech every game against the magic and beleive it or not he is the one player we need this series.... with out perk orlando got this.... really pissed off about how this is going down the refs really just ****ed boston and sterns a bum who needs to fix this situation i feel perk should get both techs taking back because he already got ejected like wtf!!!!!!!!

hvg
05-27-2010, 04:00 PM
So should Gortat's tech. And Rondo's. I didn't see it, but I heard Barnes had one too that was a **** call. But Joey Crawford got what he wanted - publicity. Stern just fuels that moron's fire.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Crawford who handed out the second tech but another referee. I hate Crawford as much as any NBA fan, but just to keep blame where it's due.

shep33
05-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Thank goodness... I wonder how Sheed and Big Baby are doing though? They need those guys, cause KG and Perk have been picking up fouls very quickly.

mvb815
05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
the 1st one was stupid, but the second one could have been necessary. no one knows what he said under his breath.

tredigs
05-27-2010, 05:01 PM
I get so frustrated with the inconsistent techs. I remember a finals game with teh Supersonics and Bulls where Payton was called for a foul (iffy call) and turned and said (loudly) "What?" with his hands out. The officials gave him a tech for that. Later in the game, Jordan is called for a foul and does the exact same thing, loudly questioning: "WHAT?!" with his arms and hands out. EXACTLY THE SAME as Payton, but the official apologized to Jordan and talked calmly to him and I'm guessing explained that it was a foul. Both players question in in the same fashion, and only one got a tech. I don't care who your name is and how many scoring titles you have, there needs to be a consistent rule about that.

What I saw Perkins do for the first tech, wasnt a tech at all, and the second one wouldn't have been a tech if his name was Bryant, James or Wade. So in my opnion neither should have been a tech and Boston should have had their starting center for the second half.

Rondo also got a tech for arguing a charge he got called for (which he was guilty of, the charge was the right call), and he was pretty calmly asking about the call, which a lot of players do, and then he got called for a tech by another official.

Putting a team at the line three times, and taking out a starter is a pretty big deal. Impacts the outcome of the game for sure. Had Perkins been able to play the loss of Davis later in the game wouldnt have been as huge an impact and Boston would have had more front court players to rotate in the game.

This is another clear example of how inconsistent officiating swings games. Now, the way the game was going, I'm pretty sure the right team won anyways, but I can understand how fans in Boston would be upset about this, espcially since their hockey team just dropped a 3-0 lead ;-)

I stopped reading at GOATse.

MagicDojo
05-27-2010, 05:31 PM
i disagree with this so he get ejected for basically the whole game and now they are taking it back ????????? i just find that not fair because perk has got 1 tech every game against the magic and beleive it or not he is the one player we need this series.... with out perk orlando got this.... really pissed off about how this is going down the refs really just ****ed boston and sterns a bum who needs to fix this situation i feel perk should get both techs taking back because he already got ejected like wtf!!!!!!!!

Perkins has not gotten a tech in every game against the Magic. Get your facts straight. Perkins had a double tech with Howard in Game 3 and three against Cleveland (Games 5 and 6 with Shaquille O’Neal, Game 2 with Anderson Varejao) in the conference semis. He was hit by himself in the second quarter of the Game 5 close-out win over Miami in the first round.
Does anyone think maybe he needs to control his temper? He had 15 in the reg season tied for first. He has the most in the playoffs...6 techs in 12 games.
If you read the rules it says air punching and profanity can be called by a ref. So maybe you can admit that some of the fault lies with Perkins and not the refs.

SteveNash
05-27-2010, 05:35 PM
How many techs has SVG gotten this season?

MagicDojo
05-27-2010, 05:51 PM

Steve whenever you make a post now I only read the part below the line.

Kakaroach
05-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah the NBA made a good call on this one, that wasn't a technical.

stawka
05-27-2010, 06:29 PM

It was a ridiculous call, especially for the Playoffs. I think he was walking away so he wouldn't be T'd up - but being NBA refs, they have to lose the plot over anything and everything

rhino17
05-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Both techs were completely bogus

to quote Jeff Van Gundy : "The NBA, where soft happens"

the league is becoming a joke. Taking back a technical is meaningless, they already threw Boston's best post defender out of a game for no reason. Someone should shoot david stern and then kill the rest of the NBA refs, they are a disgrace

SteveNash
05-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Steve whenever you make a post now I only read the part below the line.

I reread my posts after posting just so I can read my sig.

By far the funniest sig on PSD.

RadiantShot
05-27-2010, 08:49 PM

Around the right amount. He does go over-board though. I'll admit that. I think refs have come to realize he's just that loud...At least he's not screaming cuss-words like you know who. ;)

bagwell368
05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
im just happy pierce got a flagrant 1 pushing jj reddick to the floor

They rescinded the wrong T.

I'm happy PP got the flagrant too.

But where are 3 three flagrants that offensively challenged piece of dirt Center of yours committed with his elbows flying. He's a dirty player with a smile on his face.

DenButsu
05-27-2010, 09:24 PM
lmao i just heard it on WEEI so i just posted it i didnt read nothin but thanks to whoever put a link lol

and if its undreadable sorry thats what community college does to ya :)

You're pretty new here, so don't worry too much since you haven't had much time to learn the ways of PSD yet.

But just so everybody knows:

All news and rumors posted at PSD are expected to be sourced and linked to credible sources. If you hear something on the radio or see it on the TV, please try to verify it by finding an article to link to at a legit news source.

If a story is broadcast, and it's true, it WILL be zipping around online within minutes, so please take the time to properly source the news and rumors you hear, because a) there really will never be reason why you can't, and b) if you don't, a lot of people will question the credibility of those stories.

Thanks! :cheers:

hugepatsfan
05-28-2010, 12:07 AM

But where are 3 three flagrants that offensively challenged piece of dirt Center of yours committed with his elbows flying. He's a dirty player with a smile on his face.

I don't think they were intentional. People like to compare him to Shaq, but there is only one thing they have in common - inadvertant whistles. It's good that Baby seems fine, but someone is really going to get seriously injured. I hope he works on it, but I doubt he does unless the league calls it against him.

MacFitz92
05-28-2010, 12:10 AM
I think David Stern should worry less about protecting the referees and the ratings, and worry more about the integrity of the game.

For instance Mark Cuban gets fined $100,000 for "tampering" with the FA rules regarding LeBron, and Michael Gearon was fined 1/4 of that, $25,000, for the same exact thing some days later.

The referees are there for one reason, to call fouls, and to keep the game in control. They shouldn't be challenging players like Joey Crawford does. But as long as David Stern is in charge it will be all about him and how much he can control ****.

hugepatsfan
05-28-2010, 12:13 AM
I think David Stern should worry less about protecting the referees and the ratings, and worry more about the integrity of the game.

For instance Mark Cuban gets fined $100,000 for "tampering" with the FA rules regarding LeBron, and Michael Gearon was fined 1/4 of that, $25,000, for the same exact thing some days later.

The referees are there for one reason, to call fouls, and to keep the game in control. They shouldn't be challenging players like Joey Crawford does. But as long as David Stern is in charge it will be all about him and how much he can control ****.

:clap:

USMCLaker
05-28-2010, 01:28 AM

Both T's should have been recsinded.

BOSTON617
05-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Perkins has not gotten a tech in every game against the Magic. Get your facts straight. Perkins had a double tech with Howard in Game 3 and three against Cleveland (Games 5 and 6 with Shaquille O’Neal, Game 2 with Anderson Varejao) in the conference semis. He was hit by himself in the second quarter of the Game 5 close-out win over Miami in the first round.
Does anyone think maybe he needs to control his temper? He had 15 in the reg season tied for first. He has the most in the playoffs...6 techs in 12 games.
If you read the rules it says air punching and profanity can be called by a ref. So maybe you can admit that some of the fault lies with Perkins and not the refs.

ok perk might deserve techs but no offense to orlando fans but dont you guys think dwight gets a way with to many techs?????????? he elbows someone on 25 % of his plays :facepalm: the nba has a list of guys they let get away with certain things and perk just never gets a break

Anon
05-28-2010, 09:12 AM

Wow, Celtic fan has gone from thinking sweep to finding reasons to explain a historic collapse. That was fast.

JoeSchroeduh
05-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Wow, Celtic fan has gone from thinking sweep to finding reasons to explain a historic collapse. That was fast.

Wow, Magic fan has gone from making excuses for losing to thinking they already "made history"... that was fast.