PDA

View Full Version : the Joey Crawford Appreciation Thread

Sly Guy
05-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Joey Crawford is my hero. The way he can just take over games is right up there with the most dominant players ever to play the game. The way he misses calls, makes up calls, and blows that whistle, it makes me stand up and cheer whenever I see him listed on the officiating crew. When Joey Crawford refs a game, you know you aren't just going to see the players play a game of basketball, you're watching a ref who likes to blow the whistle so often and so erratically that it robs the game of all flow and never lets you forget who is the true star on the hardwood......Joey Crawford.

Whether your team wins or loses is immaterial. The point is there will always be entertaining stories in the paper the next day about possible rescinded technicals and suspensions. Let's face it, the man is drama, and we all know this is where drama happens.

Koodos to Joey Crawford, everyone post your favorite Crawford moments here!

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Joey Crwford is a joke of an NBA ref. He makes the rest of those incompetent morons look good. He is an attention whore - he attacks players so his bald head can get on TV.

tr4shb0t
05-27-2010, 10:15 AM
ban

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 10:16 AM
ban

Why? He isn't making up a conspiracy theory. He isn't saying the officials cost a team a game. He is pointing out the fact that Joey Crawford is a joke all the time. Any game, any teams involved, he is a horrible ref. He makes it about him instead of the game.

Da Knicks
05-27-2010, 10:22 AM
I think the nba ratings are low and needed some hype it seemed like boston and la were locked in already but the nba came through with some contreversy. THE NBA WHERE BUSINESS HYPE HAPPENS! Now give the other big market a star so we can have a good sitcom to keep up with tired of the la and boston sitcoms...

Sly Guy
05-27-2010, 10:23 AM
^^^
that's exactly right. I really don't have any stake in the magic-celts series, but it's so hard to even watch a game that he officiates. There's very valid reason for players and coaches to complain about the technicals he doles out, and it's because no one knows when the whistle is going to be blown from one minute to the next.

All I'm trying to do is give Joey the face-time on these boards he so desperately craves on the court.

Geargo Wallace
**** him! I hate what he did to my boy Timmy D.

DengelBerry
Why? He isn't making up a conspiracy theory. He isn't saying the officials cost a team a game. He is pointing out the fact that Joey Crawford is a joke all the time. Any game, any teams involved, he is a horrible ref. He makes it about him instead of the game.

Totally agreed, I hate him because he think he has this spotlight on him in the ref world.

Da Knicks
05-27-2010, 10:26 AM
By the way those were horrible calls by the ref but oh well we love it makes the game more entertaining cant wait to see what happens in boston now. Now thats t.v. at its best!

JNA17
05-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Joey Crawford is my hero. The way he can just take over games is right up there with the most dominant players ever to play the game. The way he misses calls, makes up calls, and blows that whistle, it makes me stand up and cheer whenever I see him listed on the officiating crew. When Joey Crawford refs a game, you know you aren't just going to see the players play a game of basketball, you're watching a ref who likes to blow the whistle so often and so erratically that it robs the game of all flow and never lets you forget who is the true star on the hardwood......Joey Crawford.

Whether your team wins or loses is immaterial. The point is there will always be entertaining stories in the paper the next day about possible rescinded technicals and suspensions. Let's face it, the man is drama, and we all know this is where drama happens.

You will regret saying that last part ;).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOygTd1NWCM

king4day
05-27-2010, 10:56 AM
There are starting to be more Ref threads than Lebron threads.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-27-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wugrOmbsV3U&feature=related

the look on billups face is priceless

ugafan
05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Worst ref ever.

Dol-Fan
05-27-2010, 01:21 PM
I can't be the only one wondering...

What is up with NBA fines lately? I mean, tampering charges, referee questioning, etc. used to bring on maybe a $5000 fine. Now we see fines coming in around 25k, and as high as 100k. Is David Stern nuts? I mean, a $5000 fine is chump change to these guys, it's still a dent but they can absorb it. But 25k? 100k? How do these athletes just pony up that money without filing complaints? Obviously, they can make payments with the money they make but is it not some sort of injustice? How does Stern get away with fining a guy 100k for making comments about a ref? Where does all of this money go? I have seen AT LEAST 10 fines this year for 25k or more. That is absolutely insane.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Stern is corrupt. He tries too hard to defend his incompetent officials, even though 9 times out of 10 the coach/player is right.

Fad3Away
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Would anyone else pay to watch David Stern get his *** whooped by an NBA player? He's such a weasel.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Would anyone else pay to watch David Stern get his *** whooped by an NBA player? He's such a weasel.

I'd rather see Joey Crawford get his *** beat by Perk.

LTS
05-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Agreed worse ref ever and a reaosn BBall is getting increidbly diffcult to watch

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
What do you guys think of my new sig? I think it pretty much sums up this thread.

Akshay
05-27-2010, 01:59 PM
What do you guys think of my new sig? I think it pretty much sums up this thread.

Pretty good, You should create a Joey Crawford - Witness poster, like those Lebron Witness posters. haha.

DaVille
05-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Joey saved Glen's life last night. It ain't easy holding up a wobbly 300+ man. Eddie Rush on the other hand got issues.

sep11ie
05-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Joey Crawford is the Mike James of refs

JonnyBrav000
05-27-2010, 02:47 PM

Guys, I don't think he is a Joey Crawford fan, some of you don't realize it but he's being sarcastic... Everyone knows referees should be an after thought, but No Joey Crawford is bigger than Lebron James and Kobe Bryant times 2... thats how good he is at being a douche, someone please ****** slap Crawford and David Stern please, they are ruining basketball.

sep11ie
05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I just heard they took sarcasm out of the dictionary.

DengelBerry
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
I'd rather see Joey Crawford get his *** beat by Perk.

i agree, how bout stern and crawford vs. Perkins and Allen Iverson

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 03:59 PM
i agree, how bout stern and crawford vs. Perkins and Allen Iverson

Get your popcorn ready!!!

RaptorizedKevin
05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
lol this thread is sitll open? my lord..

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Pretty good, You should create a Joey Crawford - Witness poster, like those Lebron Witness posters. haha.

I want one of him interupting a high school graduation with the following quote:

"I was so pissed. I went to my daughter's graduation and it was like I wasn't even there. No body payed any attention to me during the ceremony. Until I called a tech on the valedictorian. She had 'tone' in her speech. Now they know who Joey Crawford is!"

If anyone has any ideas how I could make this sig, please ley me know. It would make my day.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 04:11 PM
lol this thread is sitll open? my lord..

STFU!!! There can be enough places to read Joey Crawford bashing. lol

RaptorizedKevin
05-27-2010, 04:18 PM
STFU!!! There can be enough places to read Joey Crawford bashing. lol

You cant create a thread to bash a player or ref or whatever. Why you cussing me dawg, chill.

td0tsfinest
05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Joe West or Joey Crawford? Who would you rather have?

Sly Guy
05-27-2010, 04:21 PM
You cant create a thread to bash a player or ref or whatever. Why you cussing me dawg, chill.

but dude, it's the first sentence of the very first post. He's my hero. It's an appreciation thread. We all appreciate the fact he can't officiate every game!

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 04:21 PM

I said lol at the end of my post. I was just messing with you man.

But this thread isn't as much about bashing Crawford as much as it is pointing outhow terrible he is. People assume whenever you say something about a ref you are whining. But to say that Crawford is a bad ref isn't whining - it's pointing out an obvious fact that is hurting the NBA.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Joe West or Joey Crawford? Who would you rather have?

That's like asking if I'd rather have my left or right nut chopped off.

RaptorizedKevin
05-27-2010, 04:28 PM
crawford has a hump in his back he walks really strange , kinda like mr burns from the simpsons.

loufor2
05-27-2010, 04:41 PM
This isn't Crawford, but its still terrible, and hilarious. Some of these refs are jokes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=in-W5OuCmS4&feature=related

loufor2
05-27-2010, 04:47 PM
here are two more by your boy joey crawford...
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=eXsvLjkQ3vg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbeofvM1L0&NR=1

Boston Faithful
05-27-2010, 05:10 PM
I can't express enough how the NBA referees are ruining the playoffs. In the fourth quarter, it took nearly a half hour to get to the 8 minute mark because there were so many foul calls.

Outside of obvious fouls, I don't think little pushes should be fouls. It's getting to be like a little kids game. I saw Rashard Lewis last night nudge somebody and the play was called foul and the ball was dead. I saw the same from Paul Pierce about three times.

Who cares if they shove a little bit? It's so annoying and it totally swings the momentum for teams. The best basketball is when a team gets going and keeps scoring, or when a defense keeps shutting down an entire teams offense repeatedly.

It's getting so ridiculous that players are just trying to get fouled now. I saw Paul Pierce drive to the hoop and pretend to get fouled like 3 times last night. Just play the game. Let them play. It will be better that way.

heathonater
05-27-2010, 05:11 PM
i will never respect joey crawford after letting tim duncan get to him and throwing him out of that dallas game just because he was laughing at him from the bench.

L@ker4Life
05-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Agreed! I miss the way they played back in the 80's and even 90's

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2010, 05:20 PM
lol
Great thread. Not a big fan of Joe Crawford. He just seems like and angry old man. And yes, he can take over a game better than MJ.

Raph12
05-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Pierce lives on those foul calls, he didn't hit a fg after the 1:30 mark in the first, those touch/close fouls were what kept him in the game. Now Pierce abuses that pumpfake move a lot, but I think that Magic players also need to be more disciplined on their defense.

The Magic and Celtics are both physical teams with young/short-tempered/immature players like Dwight, Perk, Sheed, KG and Barnes, letting them play through the contact may spark a fight on the court, which would be a much bigger issue than the officiating... The league doesn't want to take any chances.

SteveNash
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Refs always want to protect the soft teams that dominate in the regular season that aren't built for the playoffs.

It is a problem but the superior team almost always wins.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Is it just me, or would it be AWESOME if the officials were actually in the post-game press conference.

Thoughts?

ko8e24
05-27-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm for that! BUt Stern and his rigged NBA head officials wouldn't allow that, sadly.

MagicDojo
05-27-2010, 05:35 PM
If you want to discuss lameness...how about intentional fouls on howard with 8 minutes left in the game ...LAME.

JasonJohnHorn
05-27-2010, 05:40 PM
So, um, Mr. Crawford, are you legally blind? Or did you just have your head straight up your @$$?

Seriously though, Crawford deserves some props for having the state of mind to catch Davis before he dropped back to the court and got a second KO.

TheKing23
05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm for that! BUt Stern and his rigged NBA head officials wouldn't allow that, sadly.

So it was rigged when the Lakers won it last year... :rolleyes:

nbafan63
05-27-2010, 05:45 PM
I love this old man. Does anyone know who his favorite players in the NBA are? I will always bet on his favorite team cuz he will toss out all the stars on the opposing team. He is very good at tossing players who do absolutely nothing. I love him.

Have you guys seen the Joey Crawford Dameon Jones play on youtube? Its so funny. Joey Crawford was running after Dameon Jones and bumps into Dameon and knocks him out of bound. Then he blows the whissle and gave the foul to Chancey Billups. It was the funniest thing I've even seen. Billups was sitting there like WTF?? you ran him over and give me a foul??? LOL!!!

Kakaroach
05-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Horrible idea. Why put those refs who already go through so much crap more scrutiny in front of the media? Sure it would be nice to explain some calls but we have analysts and commentators for that. Plus the NBA reviews all calls.

So no we don't need to have ref post-game interviews.

nbafan63
05-27-2010, 05:47 PM
if you have Joey Crawford reffing a game. You might as well go stare at a wall for 2 hours.

bringinwood
05-27-2010, 05:48 PM
More evidence that Tim Donaghy isn't as insane as people think...

avsman05
05-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Horrible idea. Why put those refs who already go through so much crap more scrutiny in front of the media? Sure it would be nice to explain some calls but we have analysts and commentators for that. Plus the NBA reviews all calls.

So no we don't need to have ref post-game interviews.

That's the point my man, it's looking more and more like the head guys are telling the refs what to do. I'm all for this.

nbafan63
05-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Why not just hire younger reffs who still have their vision? Why hire a bunch of grandpa with attitude to reff our NBA games? Why hire refs who toss our hall of fame players for laughing?(duncan). You can't possibly be that sensitive and be reffing in front of millions of viewers.

Iodine
05-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Honestly, the NBA forum has sucked so much *** the past 2 weeks, I have never seen it worse

Kakaroach
05-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Honestly, the NBA forum has sucked so much *** the past 2 weeks, I have never seen it worse Agreed, this thread is getting closed. People have been flat-out ridiculous lately.