PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Disappointment

Mave1002
05-26-2010, 10:14 PM
After going through this thread called "The NBA conspiracy" I dint think that i was actually gona be able to post a response.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489252

I actually had doubts. I wasnt convinced about this entire 'conspiracy thing' made possible by and the NBA.

I am a Lakers fan.

See, Ironically though.. I was watching (still am) the ECF game 5 between Bos and Orl right,

Heading towards the last minute of the quarter Dwight Howard posts up on Perkins, Perkins gets called for a foul (I swear, it was not even a foul), not happy with the call, wanted to complain, but does the right thing and walks away from the referee.

And for some STOOOOOOOOOPID reason, gets a T right away. HIS 2ND ONE. Automatic ejection. Horrible officiating. I was definitely convinced right after I saw the play. Orlando should get another win, guaranteed.

I mean who's gona stop Dwight Howard now? not kg, not sheed, not glen davis. "THEY" clearly wanted to get Kendrick Perkins out of the game.

I told myself "Hell, there it is. They truly want this series to be extended."

Now, there has been a series of sweeps in this year's playoffs so are you people getting what im saying?

Sweeps = Less ticket sales, less airtime, less sponsors.

Less everything. ETC,ETC.

I hope Im wrong, but it seems like there are really certain key personalities from within the league who are making all these things possible. They want the playoffs to be EXTENDED. PERIOD.

No concrete proof whatsoever, but if this were true. extremely disappointing in my opinion.

Thoughts?

tMoNEy24
05-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I highly doubt the NBA is Legit. This game is horrible.

FarOutIos
05-26-2010, 10:36 PM
After going through this thread called "The NBA conspiracy" I dint think that i was actually gona be able to post a response.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489252

I actually had doubts. I wasnt convinced about this entire 'conspiracy thing' made possible by and the NBA.

I am a Lakers fan.

See, Ironically though.. I was watching (still am) the ECF game 5 between Bos and Orl right,

Heading towards the last minute of the quarter Dwight Howard posts up on Perkins, Perkins gets called for a foul (I swear, it was not even a foul), not happy with the call, wanted to complain, but does the right thing and walks away from the referee.

And for some STOOOOOOOOOPID reason, gets a T right away. HIS 2ND ONE. Automatic ejection. Horrible officiating. I was definitely convinced right after I saw the play. Orlando should get another win, guaranteed.

I mean who's gona stop Dwight Howard now? not kg, not sheed, not glen davis. "THEY" clearly wanted to get Kendrick Perkins out of the game.

I told myself "Hell, there it is. They truly want this series to be extended."

Now, there has been a series of sweeps in this year's playoffs so are you people getting what im saying?

Sweeps = Less ticket sales, less airtime, less sponsors.

Less everything. ETC,ETC.

I hope Im wrong, but it seems like there are really certain key personalities from within the league who are making all these things possible. They want the playoffs to be EXTENDED. PERIOD.

No concrete proof whatsoever, but if this were true. extremely disappointing in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Welcome to the reality that we KINGS fans have been living with ever since Doug Christie's face fouled Kobe's elbow...

Obviously, the NBA is a business. And obviously, every business wants to make money. They do what they can without being too obvious.

thescore53
05-26-2010, 10:36 PM
raptors will never win a title now, even though we make them a lot of money

a American ref will not let a Canadian team win a title

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 10:41 PM
No idea why youre complaining about it. If the NBA is, in fact, "fixed"... then that all but guarantees a spot in the finals for your beloved Lakers every year.

tMoNEy24
05-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the reality that we KINGS fans have been living with ever since Doug Christie's face fouled Kobe's elbow...

Obviously, the NBA is a business. And obviously, every business wants to make money. They do what they can without being too obvious.

Amen Brother . :clap:

thescore53
05-26-2010, 11:02 PM
so what. they want the biggest markets winning, i believe toronto is a top 5 nba market and obviously make them alot of money, but as you can see the nba hates canada

effen5
05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Its a well reffed game?

JordansBulls
05-26-2010, 11:14 PM
NBA wants Orlando vs Phoenix Finals.

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 11:15 PM

Why would they let each team fall behind 2-0 and 3-0 then?

nbafan63
05-26-2010, 11:24 PM

man 2-0 in the WCF is just playing at home. you are suppose to go 2-0 and then go to suns home and make it 2-2. its called holding serve. jesus, are you really that clueless?

FarOutIos
05-26-2010, 11:29 PM
so what. they want the biggest markets winning, i believe toronto is a top 5 nba market and obviously make them alot of money, but as you can see the nba hates canada

I don't think it is as blatant as that. The knicks are a big market, but the NBA isn't going to run a team to help them become a contender. I think the NBA does what it can. With the choice of LA or Phoenix, some of the calls will go to LA, IF NEEDED.

Again, the NBA will try not to be too obvious. But it does what is needed.

mia305king
05-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Please stop with these theories.

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 11:34 PM
man 2-0 in the WCF is just playing at home. you are suppose to go 2-0 and then go to suns home and make it 2-2. its called holding serve. jesus, are you really that clueless?

Ok well now that I have been blessed with the definition of "holding serve," the Suns need to do more than "hold serve" to take the series. So if Stern, in fact, wanted the Suns to win, why would he let the Lakers "hold serve."

Sorry if this is a dumb question and beneath you to answer... I guess I really am just clueless.

nbafan63
05-26-2010, 11:37 PM
Joey Crawford is a Dirty Ref. Dirty Dirty Dirty old man. This guy have one of the WORST attitudes of all the refs in professional sports. Rondo goes to talk calmly with another ref. Joey tells him to go back to his bench and then 1 second later slaps rondo with a T. Was Rondo even talking to him? NO!!! WTF!!. Remember when Duncan got thrown out of the game after Joey Crawford asked Timmy if he wanted to fight? Duncan laughed and asked are you serious and then bam, he got tossed out.

Who the hell does this guy think he is?

_KB24_
05-26-2010, 11:42 PM

He's being sarcastic. I swear, I'm always clearing up the sarcasm. :D

Well, I don't know about the NBA being rigged, but I can say with certainty that this year's playoff officiating has been by far the worst I have ever seen. The refs are just horrible right now, the worst of any professional league. And to all those sympathizers, GTFO. I don't care about human error. An inadvertent elbow after getting a rebound doesn't deserve a god damn flagrant.

hgtiger32
05-26-2010, 11:44 PM
i couldn't agree more...i created a thread based off this if u or anyone else wants to discuss...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13459906#post13459906

tr4shb0t
05-26-2010, 11:49 PM
People are stupid with responses about "rigging." OP wasn't saying anything about rigging. It's about making money and extending series is one of many illegitimate ways they do it. If you've watched the NBA long enough it's pretty obvious.

nbafan63
05-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Ok well now that I have been blessed with the definition of "holding serve," the Suns need to do more than "hold serve" to take the series. So if Stern, in fact, wanted the Suns to win, why would he let the Lakers "hold serve."

Sorry if this is a dumb question and beneath you to answer... I guess I really am just clueless.

I don't think you understand what the OP is trying to say. I don't think stern wants the Suns to win. He just doesn't want to see Lakers 4-0 and Celtics 4-0. It makes for a boring NBA conference finals. TV ratings drop, they lose out on extended air time for what could be a 7 game series. Get it? Every broadcast is millions of dollars for the NBA not to mention actual ticket sales to the games itself.

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't think you understand what the OP is trying to say. I don't think stern wants the Suns to win. He just doesn't want to see Lakers 4-0 and Celtics 4-0. It makes for a boring NBA conference finals. TV ratings drop, they lose out on extended air time for what could be a 7 game series. Get it? Every broadcast is millions of dollars for the NBA not to mention actual ticket sales to the games itself.

I wasnt responding to the OP... I was responding to Jordan. I was later informed it was sarcasm, so its irrelevant now.

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Joey Crawford is a Dirty Ref. Dirty Dirty Dirty old man. This guy have one of the WORST attitudes of all the refs in professional sports. Rondo goes to talk calmly with another ref. Joey tells him to go back to his bench and then 1 second later slaps rondo with a T. Was Rondo even talking to him? NO!!! WTF!!. Remember when Duncan got thrown out of the game after Joey Crawford asked Timmy if he wanted to fight? Duncan laughed and asked are you serious and then bam, he got tossed out.

Who the hell does this guy think he is?

You are 100% correct. But it isn't a conspiracy - Joey Crawford is just an incompetent excuse of a ref who act like a tennage girl, making sure everyone pays attention to him.

Giantwarrior
05-27-2010, 12:14 AM
yeah, 9-11 was a conspiracy as well. this world is going down the toilet.

Raph12
05-27-2010, 12:15 AM
PSD, where excuses happen

Chill_Will_24
05-27-2010, 12:16 AM
The matchup that would have most benefited the league would have been Kobe vs Lebron and it was crucial that it happened last year or this year when Kobe is still in his prime. If you pay close attention to the Cavs vs Magic series it was obvious that the NBA was counting on the Cavs to win. You could even see the refs trying. Sometimes Lebron would get some calls that were crazy. Dwight was in foul truoble a lot. The problem was that they dodnt expect the Magic to be so dominant. They outplayed the Cavs so badly that there was little that the refs could do to help without being obvious. This year it was the Boston defense combined with Lebron not being himself that tied the refs hands. Now a Magic vs Lakers rematch would be very beneficial to the league. Boston doesnt have any superstars so them in the Finals is boring. Lets see what happens tomorrow. If Perk gets a reprieve then it will answer a lot

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 12:18 AM
PSD, where excuses happen

Joey Crawford is a horrible ref. That is not an ecuse - it is a fact. He doesn't know how to officiate post play (see Sheed's free throws). He attacks players and baits them (TD, Rondo). Maybe he didn't call either of the ridiculous techs on Perk, but I'm pissed and I hate Joey Crawford's attention whore attitude, so I'll just blame him. lol

Raph12
05-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Joey Crawford is a horrible ref. That is not an ecuse - it is a fact. He doesn't know how to officiate post play (see Sheed's free throws). He attacks players and baits them (TD, Rondo). Maybe he didn't call either of the ridiculous techs on Perk, but I'm pissed and I hate Joey Crawford's attention whore attitude, so I'll just blame him. lol

True Crawford's not a good ref, but when those touch/bs fouls go against the Magic, everyone just disregards it. Did you see Pierce shove Redick after the foul? That could be flagrant as well. How about the bs block Nate got on Dwight when he grabbed his forearm? If the Celts were better tonight, they'd win regardless of those few bad calls. Blaming the refs is just childish, they suck, we know, but it's not something any of us can control. Dwight has had phantom calls called against him all year long and picked up techs for the stupidest reasons like just staring at the ref, rolling the ball to the ref, saying "that's bs" etc... The better team will win this series, whether that be us or you guys and there's nothing the refs can do to stop them.

NetsPaint
05-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Celtics got a lot of "help" too in Game 1 or 2. Game 5 is nuts though, it's almost Kings/Lakers bad.

I want the Magic to win, but wow, the officiating is stupid.

thebusnotjerome
05-27-2010, 01:01 AM
I didnt believe Donughy at first when he said the game is fixed, but I am gettin to believe he wasn't lying. It really is ashame that this is happening to a very popular league. The NBA wants to gain more money by extending the series and have the refs favor the trailing teams. As an outcome the NBA prob. still wants a Celtics-Lakers finals, but with the refs favoring the trailing teams, that team gains momentum and the other team loses everything from players being suspended from a game (Perkins). Nice job Stern, thanks for *********g over the teams that deserve to play in the finals and for losing trust in the fans of the NBA.

Dol-Fan
05-27-2010, 01:09 AM

Green font means sarcasm, I believe ;)

Mave1002
05-27-2010, 04:07 AM
No idea why youre complaining about it. If the NBA is, in fact, "fixed"... then that all but guarantees a spot in the finals for your beloved Lakers every year.

Can we stop the hating for one second here?

Do me a favor and go through the thread again and tell me, where does it say that Im actually complaining about something?

Its an observation. And yes, my beloved Lakers, i wont deny it, deserved a spot in the finals the past 2 years for obvious reasons.

But you gotta understand, that in all fairness to all the die hard fans out there and of course, the teams who are working their ***** off to be where they are right now, i am truly disappointed that THEY (whoever these people are) are obviously TRYING their very best to extend both the wcf and ecf.

Why? because Charlotte, Utah, Atlanta, San Antonio got swept away?

I mean we cant really do anything about it but theyre executing everyting in a pretty bad way. Making the entire league and the referees look real stupid and incompetent on live tv.

We all know that yes, this is business but COME ON..

how can you people be more obvious?!?

The fans and the players deserve better.

This is not wrestling.

kArSoN RyDaH
05-27-2010, 04:27 AM
for the guy who said the lakers r winning bc the refs ur an idiot dude. the lakers have had the best team in the nba the past 2 years. they deserve it. in fact the refs rnt even helping them the lakers have won everything and earned it without the refs help just go look at the free throw differential..

Raoul Duke
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't think either series is "fixed", per se. That being said, several of the games have been "wrecked" by poor officiating.

When I tune in to a sporting event, it's because I'm looking for one goddamn thing; a fair contest between athletes. When the ref's emotions start having an impact on the game, it's no longer a fair contest between the athletes, but an unfair contest between the athletes and Joey Crawford's emotions.

Dude, if I ever see Crawford in real life, I'ma throw such a beating on that douche bag. It'll be the kind of beating where the cops say "dear god, what kind of animal could do this to another human being?"

RadiantShot
05-27-2010, 10:01 AM
:laugh:
Orlando Magic will never get any respect. ;)

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 10:01 AM
True Crawford's not a good ref, but when those touch/bs fouls go against the Magic, everyone just disregards it. Did you see Pierce shove Redick after the foul? That could be flagrant as well. How about the bs block Nate got on Dwight when he grabbed his forearm? If the Celts were better tonight, they'd win regardless of those few bad calls. Blaming the refs is just childish, they suck, we know, but it's not something any of us can control. Dwight has had phantom calls called against him all year long and picked up techs for the stupidest reasons like just staring at the ref, rolling the ball to the ref, saying "that's bs" etc... The better team will win this series, whether that be us or you guys and there's nothing the refs can do to stop them.

I'm not blaming the refs. You make good points (I also pointed out that Sheed got some FTs off of bad calls). I was just saying that Joey Crwaford is a terrible ref that is an attention whore. He needs people to notice him.

nbafan63
05-27-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm not blaming the refs. You make good points (I also pointed out that Sheed got some FTs off of bad calls). I was just saying that Joey Crwaford is a terrible ref that is an attention whore. He needs people to notice him.

Yah Im not complaining about the actual reffing of the game. I just complain about Joey Crawford. This guy is ridiculous!! Who does he think he is? Rondo was calm talking to another ref. Then you see the camera on Joey Crawford jumping up and down blowing a Tech on Rondo who was clam and peaceful talking with someone else. Its like WTF?? Man I swear, one of these days Joey Crawford going to get knocked out by a crazy NBA player.

Double_R
05-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Why would the NBA want the 2 teams still playing that would bring the least amount of money? The NBA wants Lebron vs Kobe and if they can't have that, they want Knicks vs Lakers or Celtics vs. Lakers(which is still a possibility).

ESPN Daily Dime: "He was ejected from the game with 36 seconds left in the first half by referee Ed Rush for gesticulating and swearing after he was whistled for his third foul."

And to the thread starter: the Magic have been called for so many garbage fouls in this series, for you to complain about a technical on Perkins is laughable, why don't you bring up his first technical where it was a double technical on him and Gortat and he elbowed Gortat and they both got one. For Gortat to get one for nothing, but instead you start a thread over Perkins getting one for screaming that's Bullsh**(I see it happen all the time in the NBA, why don't you bring up the one on Vince Carter for looking at the replay by the scorers table) Yea the NBA reffing is a joke and may be fixed, but it's definitely not for the Magic(as seen last year vs. Celtics and Cavs and this year vs. Celtics)

Double_R
05-27-2010, 11:44 AM
for the guy who said the lakers r winning bc the refs ur an idiot dude. the lakers have had the best team in the nba the past 2 years. they deserve it. in fact the refs rnt even helping them the lakers have won everything and earned it without the refs help just go look at the free throw differential..

I hate to break it to you but free throw differential shows you nothing about bad reffing.

Da Knicks
05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
New York is different people watch the knicks because knick fans love the game more than anything. The nba has helped La because without a winning team in LA there is no fans why has the nfl kept them without a team? The only way you keep fans in La is if they are winning New York and Chicago are different people will follow the game for the love of the game. Just recently New York has being having young fans growing up liking other teams hell ive seen a lot of Kobe fans in knicks forums wtf. We had chants of mvp for Kobe, Lebron and Wade what is up with that.

New York will be back soon so will Chicago it is time for the NBA to revive the old fans and make new ones. Very good thread think about it, who doesnt like a good soap opera?

thescore53
05-27-2010, 12:57 PM
they need Toronto to be one of those team, it's a whole country behind one team , but i guess it's cause we've been around for only 15 years, so i have to stick to the notion raptors will win a title in 30 years

LTS
05-27-2010, 01:15 PM

very very true

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Yah Im not complaining about the actual reffing of the game. I just complain about Joey Crawford. This guy is ridiculous!! Who does he think he is? Rondo was calm talking to another ref. Then you see the camera on Joey Crawford jumping up and down blowing a Tech on Rondo who was clam and peaceful talking with someone else. Its like WTF?? Man I swear, one of these days Joey Crawford going to get knocked out by a crazy NBA player.

So true. You literally stole the words out of my mouth.

C_Mund
05-27-2010, 03:53 PM
raptors will never win a title now, even though we make them a lot of money

a American ref will not let a Canadian team win a title

It's not the refs that do it to the Raps, homey. It's the fact that Americans (understandably) don't want to play in a foreign country.
Why would they want to go to a colder climate and pay more taxes, have to go through customs 7 times per week...
Don't get me wrong, we make money for the NBA, but if the Raps were in the finals NOBODY in the States would cheer for them because it goes against everything Americans stand for, most of which is national pride.
....with all of that said, I'm still waiting for the day that a great player from the States wakes up and realizes that signing with an American team makes him popular in a city or state, whereas playing for the raps makes you a country/world-wide icon, because we have fans in spain, italy, turkey, the uk...