PDA

View Full Version : Conference Finals Fun Fact

carter15
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
In each Western Conference Finals game, both teams have gone over 100.
In each Eastern Conference Finals game, no team has yet to go over 100.

Just a little fun fact I noticed, as I'm sure most of you guys had, to show how drastically different these two series' are.

This may not be thread worthy, but oh well, I saw it and wanted to share :D.

A little game to go with this! Anyone think there will be a change in this before both series' are over, or will the trends continue?

SunsFanIam
05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't believe the trend will change. Boston Celtices are a grind it out kind of team. They use every bit of the shot clock unless something clearly opens up for them to attack Example: The pick and roll switch, Rondo finds the Open lane, Allen feels he has a clear look.

As for the Suns, Lakers series. It is a high pace game because the Suns usually lure teams into the high pace, up and down action. As you can see the Lakers are running the uptempo style in which they felt like they could do. They are scoring more points than there average for the season. This is always how the Suns played (Except last year).

Now when it comes to the finals I am not sure. If the Celtics plays Lakers I think it will be a slow grind it out kind of game. If the Suns face the Celtics it will be somewhere in the middle. The Celtics are great at controlling the tempo of a game, but eventually every team picks it up every now and again which is why the Suns always have a chance. They do it the best.

Raph12
05-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Pace, defense and offense are the easy explanations... This trend will continue until the Finals.

GSW Hoops
05-26-2010, 06:14 PM
That wasn't fun.

RaptorsFanatic
05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
This is a poor man's version of a "****** thread". In other words...Closed.

maddBat
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't believe the trend will change. Boston Celtices are a grind it out kind of team. They use every bit of the shot clock unless something clearly opens up for them to attack Example: The pick and roll switch, Rondo finds the Open lane, Allen feels he has a clear look.

As for the Suns, Lakers series. It is a high pace game because the Suns usually lure teams into the high pace, up and down action. As you can see the Lakers are running the uptempo style in which they felt like they could do. They are scoring more points than there average for the season. This is always how the Suns played (Except last year).

Now when it comes to the finals I am not sure. If the Celtics plays Lakers I think it will be a slow grind it out kind of game. If the Suns face the Celtics it will be somewhere in the middle. The Celtics are great at controlling the tempo of a game, but eventually every team picks it up every now and again which is why the Suns always have a chance. They do it the best.

i like how u didnt include the magic.... just saying. :D

carter15
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
This is a poor man's version of a "****** thread". In other words...Closed.

:cry:

carter15
05-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Look at this. Orlando with 113.