PDA

View Full Version : Jared Dudley

autechre
05-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Would you want this guy on your team? He brings a spark to that suns second unit. His defense is above average. He rebounds well for a small guy and shoots that three. Great guy to have off the bench.

AI4MVP
05-26-2010, 03:55 AM
im very very proud to have jared dudley as a phoenix sun

braveniler58
05-26-2010, 03:56 AM
Jared Dudley is my second-favorite player on the Suns team, after Steve Nash. I would be extremely upset if the Suns traded him away.

So yes, I would want to have him on my team.

ko8e24
05-26-2010, 03:58 AM
Of course, I know he's the enemy, but if he were on my team, I'd seriously be all over the guy and probably be his #1 fan. I love the heart and determination he plays with. I wish the Lakers had someone like him on the team. He brings it each and every night, he brings tough defensive intensity, and he's a knockdown 3 pt shooter. And he seems like a great guy in the lockerroom and great for team chemistry.

dodie53
05-26-2010, 04:05 AM
JMZ baby!

ElMarroAfamado
05-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Jared Dudley will fade into mediocrity once he leaves the Suns and stops getting wide open 3s from Steve Nash. He is a generic looking player, like the "default" model that comes up in a video game when your gonna create a player....he sucks....he even runs funny....dont overrate him because he is getting burn on an otherwise horrible bench....

i dont like him just because he looks generic and he sucks...
the lakers should be ashamed to let a guy like this or lou amundson score more than 2 points in a game

gcoll
05-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Jared Dudley will fade into mediocrity once he leaves the Suns and stops getting wide open 3s from Steve Nash. He is a generic looking player, like the "default" model that comes up in a video game when your gonna create a player....he sucks....he even runs funny....dont overrate him because he is getting burn on an otherwise horrible bench....

the lakers should be ashamed to let a guy like this or lou amundson score more than 2 points in a game

lol.

kjdills13
05-26-2010, 04:16 AM

your right he was just a top 7 3 point shooter in the nba. very generic. dont be a hater

Duncan = Donkey
05-26-2010, 04:20 AM

god your an idiot.

He's a great role player with a great 3pt shot.

"horrible bench" lol, PHX has a top 3 bench in the league easy.

Bulls_fan90
05-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Jared Dudley is my second-favorite player on the Suns team, after Steve Nash. I would be extremely upset if the Suns traded him away.

So yes, I would want to have him on my team.

Is he under contract for next season.

Duncan = Donkey
05-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Is he under contract for next season.

yes

DerekRE_3
05-26-2010, 04:40 AM
Loved Jared Dudley when he was on the Bobcats. One of the few smart draft decisions we have made...:sigh: He makes up for his lack of athleticism with his intelligence and work ethic. He's a classic glue guy who will have a nice long career in the NBA. Was sad to see him go when we traded him, couldn't say the same about J-Rich.

tredigs
05-26-2010, 04:57 AM

I'd have to agree with the general consensus here my friend, you're an idiot. But I like your reasons for hating him, "runs funny and reminds me of the default on create a player. He looks generic and he sucks". Ahaha, good ****.

Bottom line is that he's one of the best knock down three point shooters in the league coming off the bench, and that is a huge asset that a lot of teams would die for (OKC and LA come to mind). And the Suns have a horrible bench, really? Channing Frye, Dragic, Barbosa and Dudley are a pretty solid cast to come off your pine. I'd hate to hear what you think of the Lakers bench, especially after they got raped and pillaged by the Suns' earlier tonight.

BlueJayFanDan
05-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Tough call. He is a good spark off the bench. But his level of production is not incredible by any means. I would not be opposed to him being like the 10th guy on the team.

Korman12
05-26-2010, 05:43 AM
The guy shows a lot of grit in his role now, and that should be admired.

However ... before arriving in Phoenix in the Diaw-Richardson deal, Dudley was a somewhat mediocre player in Charlotte, and even last year on the Suns. It wasn't until this season that he showed such a good ability to hit the three. That being said, he fits very well in his system, but I'm not sure he'd be able to replicate his success on some other teams.

203 Uconn LaL
05-26-2010, 06:26 AM

Lmao

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 06:45 AM

Coming from a guy who watches a majority of the suns games (im going to go out on a limb and say you dont)... you couldnt be anymore wrong than you are. :facepalm:

magichatnumber9
05-26-2010, 06:49 AM
My all time favorite BC Eagle. Were all proud of you J Dud

Stunner
05-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Dudley was a balling at Boston College.

Carey
05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I loved him at Boston College, one of my all time favs. Now he's come to the NBA, improved his shot, his defense and has will himself into being a very valuable rotation player in the NBA. It's a great story.

RipVW
05-26-2010, 01:50 PM
I like Phoenix's bench in general. They have some nice depth.

Sly Guy
05-26-2010, 01:54 PM

I think the bolded part is long overdue for a facepalm, so:
:facepalm:

loki34
05-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Need to get him locked up long term soon...way underpaid IMO.

n83417
05-26-2010, 02:08 PM

A bench has 54 points in a game and you claim they suck? I really doubt every member of a "horrible" second unit just happened to explode simultaneously. It is a very good bench.

Jared Dudley is a very good bench player.

STAT32
05-26-2010, 02:09 PM
A bench that had 54 points against the starting 5 of the Lakers.

RipVW
05-26-2010, 02:18 PM
BTW, if Im a Suns fan, Im loving what Im seeing from Lopez. A lot is being made about the zone, but maybe its more Lopez getting footing in this series and holding his own against Gasol, who had been having his way the first couple of rounds.

pebloemer
05-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Ideal role player. Plays both sides of the court. Hustles on the boards. Provides energy. Plays smart. Every team needs players like Dudley around their stars.

Yes, he gets the benefit of many open looks because of Phoenix's well run offense, but he contributes to that offense with his ability to hit his shot and spread the floor. I think he will succeed whereever he goes.

montybeasty
05-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Pheonix has 1 of the best benches in the nba and alvin gentry is a hell of a coach. All u can do is support this team and what there doing against 1 of the best teams in the nba.

STAT32
05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
^^^ I think you might be right, Lopez has proven that he has the quickness to hang with Pau and Bynum. It's very encouraging.

Stunner
05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
They allways said Robin might end up being better than his brother.

montybeasty
05-26-2010, 02:34 PM
And im a mavs fan

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2010, 02:42 PM
He'd be a great Raptor

Sly Guy
05-26-2010, 02:44 PM
BTW, if Im a Suns fan, Im loving what Im seeing from Lopez. A lot is being made about the zone, but maybe its more Lopez getting footing in this series and holding his own against Gasol, who had been having his way the first couple of rounds.

I was thinking the same thing. I've liked what I've seen from him all season, but I'm also only cautiously optimistic for the rest of the series......it's just 2 games at home and they're only 'just' even now. Game 5 in LA could resolve a lot of questions I have about both sides.

Shaddix
05-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Boston College reppin...

sixers247
05-26-2010, 02:50 PM
He'd prolly start on the sixers...

C_Mund
05-26-2010, 02:55 PM
He always used to torch the Raps. Now I know why....he's actually sorta decent.

PHX2daDEATH
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM

if the Suns bench is horrible.. the Lakers Starters must be garbage then..
You probably wont even post a reply after this will you

maddBat
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
id rather hav goran dragic. :D

maddBat
05-26-2010, 03:03 PM
but on jared dudley. hes good off the bench. but really reminds me of eddie house. a streaky shooter.

Bashna
05-26-2010, 03:09 PM
but on jared dudley. hes good off the bench. but really reminds me of eddie house. a streaky shooter.

What's interesting about your comment, is how wrong you are. He's not one of the Streaky shooters, he's very consistent... Frye and Barbosa are the streaky ones off the Suns bench.

Frezhnitz
05-26-2010, 03:22 PM
he can't do crap but shoot 3 pointers.

braveniler58
05-26-2010, 04:01 PM

Most ignorant comment of the thread.

Ollie Tabooger
05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
it's crazy how different his game was at Boston College compared to how he plays now. He went from a slasher/scorer who didn't have a great college three ball to being a great nba hustle player who is one of the most consistent 3 point shooters in the league. And he's showing up in the playoffs too.

DeyAce
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
He has a funny last name

R8rs4Life
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM

I think your confusing Jared Dudley with Anthony Parker...classic mix up man

Korman12
05-26-2010, 04:37 PM
They allways said Robin might end up being better than his brother.

:confused:

ChiSox219
05-26-2010, 04:38 PM
I was the Suns GM when we did the PSD mock trade deadline. Lopez and Dudley were the two players I said were untradable.

Love 'em both, Dudley is really well rounded for a player with so little experance.

Kakaroach
05-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Dudley does everything well. He's not a shutdown defender or a knock-down shooter, but he's good enough to come off the bench and be a pretty big difference maker in most games.

HouRealCoach
05-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Look at the former players that played on the Suns with Steve Nash... Somehow Nash makes alot of players look better than what they really are

RocketsRule
05-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Look at the former players that played on the Suns with Steve Nash... Somehow Nash makes alot of players look better than what they really are

Except Dudley rarely ever plays when Nash is on the floor, it's mostly with Dragic.

jackdawson
05-26-2010, 07:11 PM

Simple Question: Do you have a life sir?

(Please, take care of your miserable life first and then come to secondary things like basketball and psd, thank you.)

bal_ravens
05-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Not as a starter, but I would love him as the 7th or 8th man.

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM

He plays about 70% of his minutes with Dragic... but yeah god forbid you watch a game before making such a solid conclusion. :rolleyes:

Truheatfan
05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
yes he is a good bench player and i would take him you need guys that bring energy and defense off the bench

_KB24_
05-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I love his shot. I can understand the point about his athleticism, but he plays solid defense.

DerekRE_3
05-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Except Dudley rarely ever plays when Nash is on the floor, it's mostly with Dragic.

And Dudley showed these flashes with the Bobcats.

Hulk6
05-26-2010, 08:44 PM
he reminds me of matt barnes, except not as G

mavwar53
05-26-2010, 08:48 PM

This is the truth, once he's off the suns his shot will go back to normal, I think it was doug collins talking about how players change depending on the team they go to. That doesn't sound like much, he explained it better than I can put into words right now.

Dudley is a decent player but much better on the suns

HouRealCoach
05-26-2010, 09:19 PM
He will go in the same category as Diaw, Bell, and Richardson.... They all looked alot better while playing with Nash but... They werent actually that good