PDA

View Full Version : Free Throw Differences for the Remaining Teams Throughout the Playoffs!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Boston -7 FTs 479 shots taken at the rim
LA -87 FTs 436 shots taken at the rim
Suns +3 FTs 389 shots taken at the rim
Magic +69 FTs 319 shots taken at the rim

asandhu23
05-26-2010, 12:40 AM
and Senor's point is?

carter15
05-26-2010, 12:41 AM
this was needed since not enough ppl saw it in the game thread. enough with trying to get ur team pity and thinking its rigged.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
and Senor's point is?

that the officiating is garbage

gcoll
Yup. The NBA is rigged! Donaghy was right, except for that Sacramento/LA series. He was wrong about that. But he's right about this Suns/Lakers series because it is tied now!

Duncan = Donkey
05-26-2010, 12:42 AM
lol, trust a lakers fan to bring this up

STAT32
05-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Really Laker fans? Even us Suns fans didn't come in here complaining about poor officiating after games 1 and 2. Please, just take the loss like men, I know most Suns fans on these boards did.

Duncan = Donkey
05-26-2010, 12:43 AM
Yup. The NBA is rigged! Donaghy was right, except for that Sacramento/LA series. He was wrong about that. But he's right about this Suns/Lakers series because it is tied now!

yer pretty much this

asandhu23
05-26-2010, 12:48 AM
sad lakers fans. :facepalm: Its amazing how quickly they forget everything that's been rigged for Kobe. face it, Lakers fans, Kobe's marketability is dropping and soon enough he will go the way of Shaq.

oh and I believe one of them is going to report me for baiting. Remember Lakers fans, teams I hate the most are: Lakers and Celtics and LeBron James

tr4shb0t
05-26-2010, 12:49 AM
NBA ain't rigged, but it is a business. If one team is leaps and bounds above the others, that's the last thing they want to be evident. We all know those "close" games are more entertaining and fun to watch. The NBA just makes it happen. Maybe extend a series for a quick buck too. If a fan thinks their team has no shot they won't watch. Simple business logic.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Really Laker fans? Even us Suns fans didn't come in here complaining about poor officiating after games 1 and 2. Please, just take the loss like men, I know most Suns fans on these boards did.

c'mon -87 difference is just flatout ridicilous

Duncan = Donkey
05-26-2010, 12:50 AM
its just sad, whenever the lakers lose. its ALWAYS seems to be the refs fault. lol

Duncan = Donkey
05-26-2010, 12:51 AM
also a bunch of those FT's were intentional fouls

STAT32
05-26-2010, 12:54 AM

Listen, I feel sorry for you so here are some things I suggest doing. Write a letter to the Lakers telling Andrew Bynum not to commit 2 fouls 2 minutes into a quarter, then you can tell Derek Fisher to stop hanging all over our guards, after you do all this you can tell Pau Gasol to grow a set and actually take it hard to the paint like Amare Stoudemire.

If you do everything I've listed above then you will most certainly close the gap in your teams free throw shooting disparity.

Get to work you pathetic little Laker fan.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Listen, I feel sorry for you so here are some things I suggest doing. Write a letter to the Lakers telling Andrew Bynum not to commit 2 fouls 2 minutes into a quarter, then you can tell Derek Fisher to stop hanging all over our guards, after you do all this you can tell Pau Gasol to grow a set and actually take it hard to the paint like Amare Stoudemire.

If you do everything I've listed above then you will most certainly close the gap in your teams free throw shooting disparity.

Get to work you pathetic little Laker fan.

Nice classy suns fan here.

STAT32
05-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Yea because Suns fans never have to deal with half-wit Laker fans right?

PatsSoxKnicks
05-26-2010, 01:03 AM
ya know what I find hilarious about Laker fans, besides the fact that the NBA already gave them a championship on horrible officiating (Lakers-Kings in 2002) is that the NBA WANTS the Lakers in the finals. Think about it. LA's a huge market, and they have the best player left in the NBA.

Besides what about all that hype of a Lebron-Kobe final, I mean you realize Kobe is part of that equation, meaning the NBA all along wanted the Lakers in at least the Finals.

Laker fans, why would the NBA not want you in the finals? The Lakers deliver great ratings too, so if anything, there's going to be biased officiating AGAINST the Suns.

Amazing how whiny Laker fans are when the NBA is in their back pocket practically. BTW, does anyone else remember that comment Stern made when he said "I'd love to see the Lakers vs the Lakers"

PatsSoxKnicks
05-26-2010, 01:04 AM

so was that kings-lakers series in 2002.......

so please shut it you whiny lakers fan considering the league gave you a championship.

You fans give the rest of your laker fanbase a horrible name.

asandhu23
05-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Nice classy suns fan here.

Classy Lakers fan :rolleyes:

redhorse
how do you expect to get to the line with all the jump shots the lakers are taking? If the NBA is rigged then Laker fans have nothing to worry about. Suns fans have to worry though.

STAT32
And the disparity in ft's is not as dramatic as all these Laker fans are saying. We shot 12 ft's at the end of the game because the Lakers intentionally fouled us!

asandhu23
05-26-2010, 01:06 AM

So please shut it you whiny lakers fan considering the league gave you a championship.

fight fight fight fight fight

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 01:09 AM
how do you expect to get to the line with all the jump shots the lakers are taking? If the NBA is rigged then Laker fans have nothing to worry about. Suns fans have to worry though.

jump shots???????look how many are we taken in the paint

STAT32
05-26-2010, 01:10 AM
You jacked up 28! You intentionally put us at the line 6 times at the end of the game! That's 12 FT's right there bro.

gcoll
05-26-2010, 01:11 AM
And the disparity in ft's is not as dramatic as all these Laker fans are saying. We shot 12 ft's at the end of the game because the Lakers intentionally fouled us!

The free throw disparity was dramatic in game 3. That was mostly due to Stoudemire going ape ****.

Game 4 wasn't that dramatic. The end of the game inflated it.

Lakersfan2483
05-26-2010, 01:12 AM

so please shut it you whiny lakers fan considering the league gave you a championship.

The Kings shot more free throws in the series than the Lakers back in 02. The calls were terrible both ways and the Lakers were whistled for more fouls in that series. The Kings had Game 7 at home and flat out didn't get it done during overtime and that is why they lost. They had several opportunities to win that crucial game 7 and failed to do so. Look at the box score and look at the personal foul difference and the free throw difference in that game. The Lakers earned that championship.

In general, the officiating in the NBA is at an all time low and has been that way for the past 10 yrs.

redhorse
05-26-2010, 01:13 AM
The Kings shot more free throws in the series than the Lakers back in 02. The calls were terrible both ways and the Lakers were whistled for more fouls in that series. The Kings had Game 7 at home and flat out didn't get it done during overtime and that is why they lost. They had several opportunities to win that crucial game 7 and failed to do so. Look at the box score and look at the personal foul difference and the free throw difference in that game. The Lakers earned that championship.

dude COME ON game 6 was fixed. Kings should of won game 6

carter15
05-26-2010, 01:16 AM
You jacked up 28! You intentionally put us at the line 6 times at the end of the game! That's 12 FT's right there bro.

great point

STAT32
05-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Is it a coincidence that once the Lakers feel a little threatened they start to lash out at everyone on this board who doesn't subscribe to the "Let's all hug on Kobe's nuts" theory?

Lakersfan2483
05-26-2010, 01:21 AM
dude COME ON game 6 was fixed. Kings should of won game 6

I could say the same thing about Game 2.

NFLNBA
05-26-2010, 01:22 AM
"We thought we could come in here and get a game, and unfortunately you know we weren't up to the task," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "But we outscored them from the field I think both games, shot better than they did, did a lot of things very good and it still wasn't enough to win the game. They beat us at the foul line both nights, and that's the difference in the margin of the game."

The Lakers had more field goals the Phoenix (45-41), but the Suns dominated at the foul line for the second game in a row, sinking 22 of 32 to Los Angeles' Lakers' 7 of 13.

Bruno
05-26-2010, 01:31 AM
sad lakers fans. :facepalm: Its amazing how quickly they forget everything that's been rigged for Kobe. face it, Lakers fans, Kobe's marketability is dropping and soon enough he will go the way of Shaq.

oh and I believe one of them is going to report me for baiting. Remember Lakers fans, teams I hate the most are: Lakers and Celtics and LeBron James

Bryant has been #1 in jersey sales two years in a row.

tredigs
05-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Boston -7 FTs 479 shots taken at the rim
LA -87 FTs 436 shots taken at the rim
Suns +3 FTs 389 shots taken at the rim
Magic +69 FTs 319 shots taken at the rim

Gotta earn FT's by attacking the rim son.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 01:38 AM

WTF are you blind

MTar786
05-26-2010, 01:49 AM
the best part is. when the nba decides they want boston and la to finally win. the ft tally will be different.itl be like boston had 30 fts and orlando had 20 with howard taking 16 and la 35 fts and the suns taking 8. (if need be) the nba is obviously rigging games. im a lakers fan. i dont believe they judge the outcome.. but they def can extend a series if they like. IMO.. and its only my opinion. the refs gave orlando game 4 and the refs gave phoenix game 4. actually sorry.. not gave.. but atleast helped them out enough to make sure phoenix ties the series

STAT32
05-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Because a 20 to 13 advantage was just so huge! Especially considering we missed 9!

MTar786
05-26-2010, 01:51 AM
PS. im not complaining.. if LA is not coming through in a game the nba wants them winning.. you will see LA getting all the calls.. im not saying we're getting cheated.. well actually i am, im saying we all are lol

More-Than-Most
05-26-2010, 01:53 AM
Look at this... Its not just this series... Its the entire post season... They are not cheating... the Lakers just need to go to the rim more. Lakers are last in free throw differential for the entire post season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/differential-per-game/sort/avgFreeThrowsMadeDifference

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Is it a coincidence that once the Lakers feel a little threatened they start to lash out at everyone on this board who doesn't subscribe to the "Let's all hug on Kobe's nuts" theory?

agreed

yobryan2001
05-26-2010, 02:01 AM
yea i always thought it was so crazy how everrrrybody seems to think the nba is rigged.. like damn are ya'll really this paranoid? do you even consider the option that david stern is a honest man who believes in lettin bigtime stories create themselves? you act like he's always orchestrating the playoffs so he can get who he wants in the finals.. pshhh.. if that was the case he wouldnt have the pistons and the spurs play eachother 2 years in a row..

PHX2daDEATH
05-26-2010, 02:02 AM
WTF are you blind

are you blind.. you don't think it's possible for the lakers to commit 10 more fouls then the Suns?

ko8e24
05-26-2010, 02:06 AM
I don't see why everyone is criticizing the OP. He brought up a valid point. Even when the Lakers swept Utah, the free throw disparity was crap. I think that was the first time in NBA history where the team that a team SWEPT w/o getting the benefit of the calls through the course of the 4 games.

More-Than-Most
05-26-2010, 02:18 AM
I don't see why everyone is criticizing the OP. He brought up a valid point. Even when the Lakers swept Utah, the free throw disparity was crap. I think that was the first time in NBA history where the team that a team SWEPT w/o getting the benefit of the calls through the course of the 4 games.

Its been crap for the Lakers the entire post season. They are a very good team to over come what they have but you cant call it cheating. The lakers need to draw more fouls one way or another or they might end up losing this series. If it was just happening this series then it would be something to think about... But the free throw differential throughout the entire postseason is mind boggling but consistent. They just don't get to the line. They are falling right into the suns game plan... Jacking up 3s and trying to score in 5 seconds... Thats not the lakers way... They over power teams... They are trying to out run the suns... For the first time ever in the 3rd quarter when bynum went to the line they showed kobe... and he was literally out of breath... He looked like he was going to fall over. Jackson really needs to make some kind of adjustment or they may actually lose this series.

Side note... I am just frigging happy that its a good series. A bunch of let downs so far.

GatorKid117
05-26-2010, 02:22 AM

The Lakers were +11 for the series I believe.

tredigs
05-26-2010, 02:23 AM
WTF are you blind

I'm not a fan of either team, I'm not the one watching these games with blinders on.

The Lakers don't attack the paint as hard as most teams, PERIOD. Pau and Bynum get a load of paint points, but they aren't attacking the rim hard. Bynum will get easy put backs because he towers over 90% of the bigs he's gone against, and Pau will do something nifty to avoid contact and drop it in. Often times it's a fadeaway. Amare is a player who attacks the hoop with force, hence, more free throws. Even when Kobe attacks, 90% of the time he's pulling up on a dime for a 10-foot fade. Rarely takes it to the hoop, and when he does and there's contact, he generally gets the call.

Stop your *****ing and quit these lame excuses. FT's aren't going to be even for both sides, and the ref's are the last thing that you should be looking at to understand why the discrepancy is what it is.

Jazz rarely attacked the hoop that series. It was all Deron's jumpers and Boozers fadeaways. Lakers took more FT's. Boom roasted. ; ]

ko8e24
05-26-2010, 02:24 AM
The Lakers were +11 for the series I believe.

Oh, ok, then scratch that! :p

PHX2daDEATH
05-26-2010, 02:39 AM
in games 3 and 4 i could probably point out atleast 10 no-calls against the lakers..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Look at this... Its not just this series... Its the entire post season... They are not cheating... the Lakers just need to go to the rim more. Lakers are last in free throw differential for the entire post season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/differential-per-game/sort/avgFreeThrowsMadeDifference

look at the 09-10 regular season

lakers are among the best in regular season.They are after Orlando who have a +69 differential in postseason and lakers have -87, and now they are magically don't getting FTs even tough they are playing their best basketball in this season

Could anyone explain that???

NBA is just extending the series for the lakeshow to make more money

asandhu23
05-26-2010, 06:02 AM

2002 Western Conference Finals.... and how Lakers fans treated the Kings for complaining about the ref calls.

gcoll
05-26-2010, 06:56 AM
NBA is just extending the series for the lakeshow to make more money
You realize that is a self defeating argument, right?

If the NBA is rigging the games, their ultimate goal is to get LA into the finals....hence they will rig the games in their favor if things get close.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 07:16 AM
You realize that is a self defeating argument, right?

If the NBA is rigging the games, their ultimate goal is to get LA into the finals....hence they will rig the games in their favor if things get close.

We'll see on thursday what kind of scenario has director stern created, I hope this ends better than lost.

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 07:20 AM
We'll see on thursday what kind of scenario has director stern created, I hope this ends better than lost.

What if its the scenario where big brother isnt watching and it is... actually... just a basketball game?

gcoll
05-26-2010, 07:37 AM
Also. To answer an earlier question.

Could anyone explain that???
I can explain exactly what is happening.

When the Suns shot 10 more FTs in game one...nobody cared. The Lakers won.

Now that the Lakers are losing, rather than acknowledge that the Suns are way better than Laker fans give them credit for, they choose to whine about the refs.

No matter how many times someone gives a logical explanation about why there is a discrepancy, or why the discrepancy (particularly in game 4) wasn't as bad as it looks on the stat sheet, Laker fans choose to ignore it and continue to insist that there is some conspiracy.

Why are the Suns shooting more FTs? The Lakers are fouling more. Fisher is holding Nash. Bynum is committing tons of stupid fouls. Stoudemire is overmatching whoever is on him, and forcing the Lakers to foul, or accept an easy 2.

But basically it comes down to this. If the Lakers win this series it is because they are obviously the better team. If the Suns win it is because the league screwed over the Lakers.

sventhedog
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM
-can't deny that NBA is a business.
-referees work for the NBA.
-the team down in the series is supposed to be more aggressive.
-the team leading in the series tends to relax.
-fans of a team losing will blame no-calls/bad calls. don't tell me a laker fan would objectively see that bynum or gasol just isn't playing well.
-you can't please everybody. if it's a playoff series sweep, it's boring. if it's a 2-2 series, it's fixed. what else do you want?
-there are a lot of controversy addicts today. you know how some would be so interested about UFO news but ignores news about murder.
-donaghy is either trying to improve his image by making himself look honest; or making an effort to bring down the NBA with him. do you think it would make sense if he said good things about the NBA? i didn't see the NBA doing him a favor.
-if the NBA wanted the most profit, why didn't they help the cavs instead??

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 08:26 AM
-can't deny that NBA is a business.
-referees work for the NBA.
-the team down in the series is supposed to be more aggressive.
-the team leading in the series tends to relax.
-fans of a team losing will blame no-calls/bad calls. don't tell me a laker fan would objectively see that bynum or gasol just isn't playing well.
-you can't please everybody. if it's a playoff series sweep, it's boring. if it's a 2-2 series, it's fixed. what else do you want?
-there are a lot of controversy addicts today. you know how some would be so interested about UFO news but ignores news about murder.
-donaghy is either trying to improve his image by making himself look honest; or making an effort to bring down the NBA with him. do you think it would make sense if he said good things about the NBA? i didn't see the NBA doing him a favor.
-if the NBA wanted the most profit, why didn't they help the cavs instead??

cause they sucked so badly, even tough they got tons of more tree throws

sventhedog
05-26-2010, 08:37 AM
cause they sucked so badly, even tough they got tons of more tree throws

lol. i don't think i could disagree with you since lebron's obviously on vacation.

RadiantShot
05-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Cry me a river?
Every Phoenix guard has been driving the ball in, even Goran Dragic. Amar'e is tearing up Pau inside, and Robin Lopez has been taking it strong as well. Maybe you need to change your defensive approach. Just a thought. :shrug:

MG3
05-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Maybe if the Lakers could get to the rim, they'd get more calls. These past two games they're settling for jump shots against the zone. What do you want? The refs to just blow the whistle when Kobe takes an uncontested jump shot? I mean, look at the suns attacking the rim, that's why they're getting calls. LA can't get in the lane.

Aar684
05-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Maybe if the Lakers could get to the rim, they'd get more calls. These past two games they're settling for jump shots against the zone. What do you want? The refs to just blow the whistle when Kobe takes an uncontested jump shot? I mean, look at the suns attacking the rim, that's why they're getting calls. LA can't get in the lane.

Ding ding ding.......We have a winner.

thawv
05-26-2010, 09:33 AM
NBA ain't rigged, but it is a business. If one team is leaps and bounds above the others, that's the last thing they want to be evident. We all know those "close" games are more entertaining and fun to watch. The NBA just makes it happen. Maybe extend a series for a quick buck too. If a fan thinks their team has no shot they won't watch. Simple business logic.

If they try to keep the games close, then it is rigged. And to be honest, the NBA is no different than boxing, WWE, and harness racing. It's already been proven that it's fixed. The shame is, only one guy has been caught.

pacofunk64
05-26-2010, 09:47 AM
NBA is not rigged would you please shut up. How about the Lakers play defense and stop hacking. Same for the Celtics.

avrpatsfan
05-26-2010, 09:54 AM
This thread= major :facepalm:

thawv
05-26-2010, 04:32 PM
NBA is not rigged would you please shut up. How about the Lakers play defense and stop hacking. Same for the Celtics.

Have you been living in an envelope or something? Of course it's rigged. It's not a secret anymore. It's been suspect for as long as I can remember. And that's about 30 years. Now we have confirmation. It's no longer even questionable.

Raidaz4Life
05-26-2010, 04:36 PM

It would appear that nobody has heard of a statistic called points in the paint a term that is synonymous with getting to the rim and a statistic the Lakers seem to win every game, yet somehow we don't get to the rim enough to make up +20 free throw differentials in games? I'm sorry but just because the Lakers are clearly better than the suns does not mean the refs have a right to try and keep it close.

STAT32
05-26-2010, 04:41 PM
^^^ A lot of you're points come from put-backs, offensive boards, hook-shots, floaters, and uncontested layups. How often have the Lakers attacked the paint seeking contact? Almost never.

tredigs
05-26-2010, 04:54 PM
It would appear that nobody has heard of a statistic called points in the paint a term that is synonymous with getting to the rim and a statistic the Lakers seem to win every game, yet somehow we don't get to the rim enough to make up +20 free throw differentials in games? I'm sorry but just because the Lakers are clearly better than the suns does not mean the refs have a right to try and keep it close.

^^^ A lot of you're points come from put-backs, offensive boards, hook-shots, floaters, and uncontested layups. How often have the Lakers attacked the paint seeking contact? Almost never.

This response owned you perfectly 'Raidaz'. I've said the same in about 10 separate posts in multiple threads, including their very own "NBA Conspiracy?" thread in the Lakers forum. They're backed into a corner and would rather cry like girls for a conspiracy rather than accept that they're getting outplayed. Don't bother mentioning the fact that they got out-rebounded in game 4, or that Amare and the suns guards actually ATTACK the rim rather than Pau's silky post-moves/short fadeaways, or kobe's slashes and subsequent 10 foot fadeaways. They'll also continue to harp on the "20+ FT difference!" and not even bother to acknowledge that 12 of those free throws came in the last 2 minutes as intentional fouls.

Seriously, these people incessantly crying foul are idiot homers who refuse to pay respect to the other team. I figure just let them add Tim Donaghy on Facebook and they can have themselves all the tin-foil parties they want. Logic goes over their head.

gwrighter
05-26-2010, 04:59 PM
The NBA is SO RIGGED that the league ACTUALLY invested in specialized monitors that display INSTANT REPLAYS in order for the Ref's to be able to determine whether the call on the floor was the RIGHT one. Gimme a break of that kit-kat bar.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 05:20 PM
This response owned you perfectly 'Raidaz'. I've said the same in about 10 separate posts in multiple threads, including their very own "NBA Conspiracy?" thread in the Lakers forum. They're backed into a corner and would rather cry like girls for a conspiracy rather than accept that they're getting outplayed. Don't bother mentioning the fact that they got out-rebounded in game 4, or that Amare and the suns guards actually ATTACK the rim rather than Pau's silky post-moves/short fadeaways, or kobe's slashes and subsequent 10 foot fadeaways. They'll also continue to harp on the "20+ FT difference!" and not even bother to acknowledge that 12 of those free throws came in the last 2 minutes as intentional fouls.

Seriously, these people incessantly crying foul are idiot homers who refuse to pay respect to the other team. I figure just let them add Tim Donaghy on Facebook and they can have themselves all the tin-foil parties they want. Logic goes over their head.

Amare is more of a jumpshooter than gasol, check the stats on hoopdata

don't let those flashy dunks fool ya

tredigs
05-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Are you going to tell me that IN THE PAST TWO GAMES -which is what we're talking about- Amare has not attacked the rim harder than Pau, or any other Laker? And HAHA once again at ignoring everything else that was written and focusing on trying to spin one (completely, 100% irrelevant) point.

The funniest thing about these Tinfoil hat Laker fans bringing this up is that by THEIR OWN LOGIC, the NBA has no intention of letting the Lakers lose this series, or any series for that matter - as they are the biggest draw in the NBA right now. Stupidity is a helluva drug.

gwrighter
05-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Are you going to tell me that IN THE PAST TWO GAMES -which is what we're talking about- Amare has not attacked the rim harder than Pau, or any other Laker? And HAHA once again at ignoring everything else that was written and focusing on trying to spin one (completely, 100% irrelevant) point.

The funniest thing about these Tinfoil hat Laker fans bringing this up is that by THEIR OWN LOGIC, the NBA has no intention of letting the Lakers lose this series, or any series for that matter - as they are the biggest draw in the NBA right now. Stupidity is a helluva drug.

Classic case of the self-serving bias.....

Raidaz4Life
05-26-2010, 05:35 PM

Well you clearly do not watch the Lakers play then considering they attack the basket with their bigs more than any other team in the playoffs.

Let me clear one thing up, I do not think the refs determined the outcome of the last two games! Our inability to contest open shots is the reason we lost plain and simple.

gwrighter
05-26-2010, 05:36 PM

Click on this link:

http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

Where it says select team, select "Suns"
Then where it says Select player: select "Stoudimire, Amare"
then where it says choose season: select "2010 playoffs"
Then where it says choose split: select "last 5 games"

then analyze the data and construct some information.

mizo21
05-26-2010, 05:40 PM
I Rarely Post but reading these Sun Fans comments is disgusting, so look at this stat "WERE GONNA KICK YOU *****" Steve Kerr, Charles Barkley and Thunder Dan can ref the game for all I care. I'm sick of this series lets play like defending champs n let these guys figure out sign and trade deals to keep coming up short season after season.:box:

gangis2169
05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
its just sad, whenever the lakers lose. its ALWAYS seems to be the refs fault. lol

Its even worse when PHX Fans really thinks there team is that good!!! lol please no matter if the refs help you or not the Lakers will win in however many games.

STAT32
05-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Well you clearly do not watch the Lakers play then considering they attack the basket with their bigs more than any other team in the playoffs.

Let me clear one thing up, I do not think the refs determined the outcome of the last two games! Our inability to contest open shots is the reason we lost plain and simple.

No, you clearly have not watched the past 2 games. Don't sit here and try to ******** everyone on these boards. Most Laker fans will tell you that the entire Suns team has attacked the rim more often than the Lakers. Dragic, Amare, Barbosa, Nash, and Amundson. They all attack.

The Lakers have 1 guy who actually seeks contact in the paint, that's Kobe Bryant. Pau is a finesse guy, he doesn't seek contact.

tredigs
05-26-2010, 05:49 PM
No, you clearly have not watched the past 2 games. Don't sit here and try to ******** everyone on these boards. Most Laker fans will tell you that the entire Suns team has attacked the rim more often than the Lakers. Dragic, Amare, Barbosa, Nash, and Amundson. They all attack.

The Lakers have 1 guy who actually seeks contact in the paint, that's Kobe Bryant. Pau is a finesse guy, he doesn't seek contact.

That said, even Kobe isn't. Most of the time he's slashing he isn't looking to get to the rim and create contact. He's cutting hard, creating space, and pulling up for fadeaways (and making them). The only time he's looking to draw contact is through pump fakes from 20 feet out. And I don't care how many paint points Pau has (gotta remember that all the FT's Amare gets don't count towards paint points...), the guy doesn't attack the rim hard; he uses smart post post moves to create space and get his shot off. And unlike a player like Dwight, the other bigs are reticent to foul him because they know he'll knock down his FT's.

Can we just drop this? I think the Lakers fans have officially lost the argument (I hope you notice that you're the only ones arguing your side, while all but a few of the other impartial teams fans side with the Suns), and it has been beaten to death.

redhorse
05-26-2010, 05:49 PM
I dont get it. If the nba is rigged like Lakers fans are claiming shouldnt they be favored to win?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Click on this link:

http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

Where it says select team, select "Suns"
Then where it says Select player: select "Stoudimire, Amare"
then where it says choose season: select "2010 playoffs"
Then where it says choose split: select "last 5 games"

then analyze the data and construct some information.

checked both pau's and amare's stats on hotspots on last 5 games

they are basically the same and pau has taken even less shots outside of the paint

check yourself if you dont believe me

basketfan4life
05-26-2010, 06:15 PM
i am clearly rooting for the lakers in this series, but there is a fact that they are playing zero defence in this series even in the games they won...this is the reason why they lost..you can argue a little about game 4, but in game 3 Amare tried to go to the rim everytime he touched the ball...

gcoll
05-26-2010, 06:30 PM
I dont get it. If the nba is rigged like Lakers fans are claiming shouldnt they be favored to win?
To a logical person, that is the case. But has been demonstrated in this and other threads, logic holds absolutely no sway with some laker fans.

It is some Laker fans argument that the Suns are just the vastly inferior team. I'm not sure how they came to this conclusion, given that we finished a measly 3 games behind them, and had the better record in the second half of the season, and have had a better margin of victory in the playoffs...but whatever.

Basically. In order to extend the series, the league helps the Suns. But they don't need to help the Lakers win, because without help from the league, the Suns would just get decimated by the Lakers.

Look at Raidaz comment. This pretty much sums it up.

I'm sorry but just because the Lakers are clearly better than the suns does not mean the refs have a right to try and keep it close.

SugeKnight
05-26-2010, 06:42 PM

yup

Nirvanaskurdt
05-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Zone Defense > Triangle Offense :p

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 06:51 PM

they are basically the same and pau has taken even less shots outside of the paint

As has been said time and time again: Gasol avoids contact, Amar'e seeks it. One style will get you to the line a hell of a lot more than the other. Can you tell which style it is yet? Or do you need someone to explain it to you for the umpteenth time?

PatsSoxKnicks
05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
To Suns fans- If the Lakers win this series, you should create a thread saying David Stern helped the Lakers win the series (I mean he does want the Lakers in the finals).

Then you'll watch Laker fans flood the forums and tell you you're idiots because the NBA isn't rigged. The hypocrisy will be hilarious.

I swear to god the IQ of Laker fans has got to be a record all time low. I don't know if there's a dumber fanbase in all of sports. Now obviously, there are some decent Laker fans out there but they are horribly outnumbered by the incredibly stupid.

Nirvanaskurdt
05-26-2010, 07:01 PM
As has been said time and time again: Gasol avoids contact, Amar'e seeks it. One style will get you to the line a hell of a lot more than the other. Can you tell which style it is yet? Or do you need someone to explain it to you for the umpteenth time?

:clap:

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm just waiting for a thread to be created titled "Zone defense is cheating".

Nirvanaskurdt
05-26-2010, 07:02 PM
To Suns fans- If the Lakers win this series, you should create a thread saying David Stern helped the Lakers win the series (I mean he does want the Lakers in the finals).

Then you'll watch Laker fans flood the forums and tell you you're idiots because the NBA isn't rigged. The hypocrisy will be hilarious.

I swear to god the IQ of Laker fans has got to be a record all time low. I don't know if there's a dumber fanbase in all of sports. Now obviously, there are some decent Laker fans out there but they are horribly outnumbered by the incredibly stupid.

:laugh2: :laugh:

PatsSoxKnicks
05-26-2010, 07:03 PM
To a logical person, that is the case. But has been demonstrated in this and other threads, logic holds absolutely no sway with some laker fans.

It is some Laker fans argument that the Suns are just the vastly inferior team. I'm not sure how they came to this conclusion, given that we finished a measly 3 games behind them, and had the better record in the second half of the season, and have had a better margin of victory in the playoffs...but whatever.

Basically. In order to extend the series, the league helps the Suns. But they don't need to help the Lakers win, because without help from the league, the Suns would just get decimated by the Lakers.

Look at Raidaz comment. This pretty much sums it up.

I'm sorry but just because the Lakers are clearly better than the suns does not mean the refs have a right to try and keep it close.

Perhaps this is the reason why in general the NBA forum is the least intelligent forum. W/o laker fans, perhaps the intelligence might approach other forums.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-26-2010, 07:06 PM

Oh god, don't give Laker fans ideas. You know one of their fans is going to create that thread now.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Credit to tredigs for his impartial, objective, and in-depth evaluation of why the Suns have gotten to the line more often than the Lakers in this series. For anyone who wants the truth, just go back through this thread, and the “Donaghy claims officials have helped the Suns and Magic” thread and read all tredigs’ posts.

gcoll
05-26-2010, 07:08 PM

I believe "gimmick" is the term that is being tossed around.

And some are insisting that it has had no effect, because they can still easily get up over 100, and that defense is their problem. They want to get back to that lock down defense that held the Suns to 112 in game 2.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh god, don't give Laker fans ideas. You know one of their fans is going to create that thread now.

Ha ha! They might, and if they do we will have a whole new topic to debate. Gotta find things to talk about other than LeBron James.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 07:11 PM

Our performance had nothing to do with zone defense

we scored over our average

we lost cause we couldn't defend suns

So stop this zone defense talk, suns zone defense is horrible, we shot 50% and scored over 100 points

boast when your zone holds us to 80-90 points

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I believe "gimmick" is the term that is being tossed around.

And some are insisting that it has had no effect, because they can still easily get up over 100, and that defense is their problem. They want to get back to that lock down defense that held the Suns to 112 in game 2.

The Suns have found ways to beat the Lakers' defensive strategy. Credit to Phil for what his team executed in Games 1 & 2, but Gentry and the Suns' players have found a way to beat it. Look at the confidence Gentry has in his players. He tells Frye to keep shooting and it paid off finally. He keeps the 2nd unit in against the Lakers starters and the bench rewards his judgement.

When the Lakers cannot stop our Pick & Roll and/or 3 point shooting, they need to be able to score approximately 115 points (maybe 110 in LA) to be in a position to beat us. The Suns defense still isn’t that great, but the Zone is working better than Man-to-Man. All the Suns defense needs to do is hold the Lakers to about 105-110 PPG and they have a good chance at winning.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Our performance had nothing to do with zone defense

we scored over our average

we lost cause we couldn't defend suns

So stop this zone defense talk, suns zone defense is horrible, we shot 50% and scored over 100 points

boast when your zone holds us to 80-90 points

Refer to my post above.

In addition, the Suns Zone is more effective since the Suns are a poor defensive team and are better at guarding areas than actual players. Furthermore, the best ways to beat a Zone is by dribble penetration and great 3 point shooting. The Lakers’ Triangle Offense works on ball rotation (as opposed to dribble penetration), and the Lakers are generally not a great 3 point shooting team (however they do have a lot of players on their roster who have 3 point range).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 07:26 PM
The Suns have found ways to beat the Lakers' defensive strategy. Credit to Phil for what his team executed in Games 1 & 2, but Gentry and the Suns' players have found a way to beat it. Look at the confidence Gentry has in his players. He tells Frye to keep shooting and it paid off finally. He keeps the 2nd unit in against the Lakers starters and the bench rewards his judgement.

When the Lakers cannot stop our Pick & Roll and/or 3 point shooting, they need to be able to score approximately 115 points (maybe 110 in LA) to be in a position to beat us. The Suns defense still isn’t that great, but the Zone is working better than Man-to-Man. All the Suns defense needs to do is hold the Lakers to about 105-110 PPG and they have a good chance at winning.

that should be a piece of cake in staples

and I can't see suns score over 120 in LA, your role players were just hot in their home court

kArSoN RyDaH
05-26-2010, 07:33 PM
i dont understand why everyone is saying that the zone defense is killing the lakers when we are shoooting fine and scoring well over our season averages. the reason the lakers lost was because of rebounding and second chance points and our defense sucked.

gcoll
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
i dont understand why everyone is saying that the zone defense is killing the lakers when we are shoooting fine and scoring well over our season averages. the reason the lakers lost was because of rebounding and second chance points and our defense sucked.

It's not that difficult to understand. In games 3 and 4, you averaged about 20 points less than you did in games 1 and 2.

Are the Lakers still scoring? Sure. But they aren't scoring as easily as they did in 1 and 2.

and I can't see suns score over 120 in LA, your role players were just hot in their home court
Our role players have been doing that all year. It's not like that was an anomaly. That's what we do.

People made the mistake of writing us off earlier in the year. They missed out on just how good we (the Suns) are.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
that should be a piece of cake in staples

It's not just our role players. Every win we have a different hero. Our greatest strength is our depth; or more accurately, our versatility. Phil will have to come up with a new strategy if he is to thwart our offense. For the Lakers to score 115 (or 110 as I suggested they’d need to on their home court) against the Suns’ Zone, they will have to attack the basket, draw more fouls, and shoot a lot less jump shots (or players like Artest & Odom will have to shoot above their average, like in Games 1 & 2). Kobe may have to become more of a facilitator in Game 5 (yes, even more so than he has been to date).

You guys are worrying about your defense when you should be more worried about your offense. The Suns have scored more points in Games 3 & 4 from making changes, not from the Lakers playing worse defense. This series has been a game of Chess and Phil had the upper hand but Gentry has countered excellently. The ball’s in Phil’s court.

Raidaz4Life
05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
lakers fans just find it odd they are at -87 when they had one of the best foul differentials during the regular season

Jmess0311
05-26-2010, 07:56 PM
im a miami heat fan so clearing that up early......now i watched the lakers and suns game 4 and me to call it like i see it.....the refs were terrible and the calls were 1 sided, gasol was getting raped and nothing was being called the nash goes to the other end and falls down with noone 5 feet from him and they call a foul....and game 3 40+ free throws to 20...come on here the nba has to do something about this....i noticed it in the celtics and cavs series too....lakers fans hang in there, the suns wont win another game in this series, kobe is unstoppable....

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 07:58 PM
lakers fans just find it odd they are at -87 when they had one of the best foul differentials during the regular season

What is "odd" is that some Lakers' fans do not even know the style of some of their key players, or their team as a whole.

What is also "odd" is that answers have been given in this thread time and time again and yet some Lakers' fans choose to ignore these answers.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 07:58 PM
It's not just our role players. Every win we have a different hero. Our greatest strength is our depth; or more accurately, our versatility. Phil will have to come up with a new strategy if he is to thwart our offense. For the Lakers to score 115 (or 110 as I suggested they’d need to on their home court) against the Suns’ Zone, they will have to attack the basket, draw more fouls, and shoot a lot less jump shots (or players like Artest & Odom will have to shoot above their average, like in Games 1 & 2). Kobe may have to become more of a facilitator in Game 5 (yes, even more so than he has been to date).

You guys are worrying about your defense when you should be more worried about your offense. The Suns have scored more points in Games 3 & 4 from making changes, not from the Lakers playing worse defense. This series has been a game of Chess and Phil had the upper hand but Gentry has countered excellently. The ball’s in Phil’s court.

Agreed everything except the bolded one

Like Kobe said on press conference (http://www.nba.com/games/20100525/LALPHX/gameinfo.html):"It had nothing to do with offense"

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
What is "odd" is that some Lakers' fans do not even know the style of some of their key players, or their team as a whole.

What is also "odd" is that answers have been given in this thread time and time again and yet some Lakers' fans choose to ignore these answers.

Here is one unbiased opinion!

im a miami heat fan so clearing that up early......now i watched the lakers and suns game 4 and me to call it like i see it.....the refs were terrible and the calls were 1 sided, gasol was getting raped and nothing was being called the nash goes to the other end and falls down with noone 5 feet from him and they call a foul....and game 3 40+ free throws to 20...come on here the nba has to do something about this....i noticed it in the celtics and cavs series too....lakers fans hang in there, the suns wont win another game in this series, kobe is unstoppable....

_KB24_
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Sandhu your my yaar, but tera dhamak karab hai.

Raidaz4Life
05-26-2010, 08:04 PM

no whats odd is the fact that people here cannot use statistics to back up all their opinions.

Public Enemy #1
05-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Suck it up Laker fans, Warriors deal with terrible officiating every year, way worse than any other team in the league. The Lakers don't get bad calls, if anything they get special treatment because of Kobe, just because there is a difference in free throws, doesn't mean the officials are giving calls to one team. Get over it, you don't even have a right to complain. Pointless thread

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Here is one unbiased opinion!

How convienent that you post the one in your favor, yet ignore the countless ones against your opinion.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM
How convienent that you post the one in your favor, yet ignore the countless ones against your opinion.

cause others are biased

tredigs
05-26-2010, 08:36 PM
cause others are biased

Post of the day.

I can't stand people who refuse to take their blinders off and understand anothers position for no other reason than to forward their own.

Any post you make from this point forward holds absolutely no weight.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Post of the day.

I can't stand people who refuse to take their blinders off and understand anothers position for no other reason than to forward their own.

Any post you make from this point forward holds absolutely no weight.

wow internet tough guy:hide:

The Final Boss
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Look guys, the Suns played the best game possible in games 3 and 4 and barely won. Let the series takes it's course and wait for the Eastern Conference Champions.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Agreed everything except the bolded one

Like Kobe said on press conference (http://www.nba.com/games/20100525/LALPHX/gameinfo.html):"It had nothing to do with offense"

29 out of the 30 teams in this league are beatable with great defense. If the Suns offense is firing you cannot beat them unless your offense is firing as well. I'm not calling the Suns the best team in the league, I'm just saying that we are different. If our offense insn't firing then we are generally screwed, unlike other teams who can slug it out with good defense.

The loss “had nothing to do with (Kobe’s) offense”, and everything to do with the rest of the Lakers players' offense.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 09:09 PM
no whats odd is the fact that people here cannot use statistics to back up all their opinions.

That's such a naďve view; the game is so much more than just statistics.

heimdog8
05-26-2010, 09:11 PM

Kobe is playing better playoff basketball than he ever has in his career. he nearly had two triple doubles with 38 points. Hes dominating. Your just jealous cuz Kobe is a champion and steve nash will never be hahahah

gwrighter
05-26-2010, 09:21 PM

I believe you.

I was referring to the statement concerning Amare being primarily a jump shooter. according to the stats he's not a jump shooter.

It's in the method in which Gasol drives the ball. It's that Pau is more of a finesse guy(previously stated). he will get his shots in the paint but its just that when he takes them hes not driving to the rim. He is doing an up an under, or a hook shot, or a fade away. I seldom see him put his head down and drive the ball hard like Amare. Thats the comparison. I played on a team with a guy like Pau and a guy like Amare.(when we're talking about their aggressiveness). The dude that was like Amare got way more calls because he was explosive when he went to the basket where as the other dude was more crafty. Ref's learn your moves and then they can tell when you are trying to draw a foul or not. it happens. Don't forget, the refs watch the games they officiate in and analyze every call. It's only a matter of time before you don't get those breaks anymore.

gwrighter
05-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Kobe is playing better playoff basketball than he ever has in his career. he nearly had two triple doubles with 38 points. Hes dominating. Your just jealous cuz Kobe is a champion and steve nash will never be hahahah

i don't wanna start a back and forth but Nash did win 2 back-to-back MVP trophies....muuahahahahaaaaawww

AZCardsFan
05-26-2010, 09:41 PM

Considering the guy you quoted is not a Suns fan... hes probably not that jealous.

heimdog8
05-26-2010, 09:43 PM
i don't wanna start a back and forth but Nash did win 2 back-to-back MVP trophies....muuahahahahaaaaawww

i'll take 1 MVP trophy, 1 finals MVP trophy, 4 championships and an 81 point game over ur 2 REGULAR season mvp trophies. that just proves nash doesnt shine when it all counts. he gets all his stats when the lakers are coastin for the playoffs

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow, this thread has gotten so off-topic.

gcoll
05-27-2010, 12:33 AM
It's easy to use stats. In 3/4 meetings in the regular season, the Suns outshot the Lakers from the free throw line.

In game one. The Suns outshot the Lakers from the free throw line.

Gasol only shot 1 free throw in game one. In the regular season, in a total of 3 games against the Suns, he shot a combined 11 free throws total.

Conclusions: Gasol doesn't get to the line, and the Suns shoot more free throws than the Lakers when the two teams meet.

The Suns only outlier in terms of the usual trend has been game 3. But that's explained by Amare's dominating performance.

The Lakers have two outliers. They were right around their average in game 1 and 3. In game 2 they shot about 14 more than their average, and in game 4 they shot about 7 less than their average against the Suns. I am not sure how to explain the amount of free throws they shot in game 2. However, in game 3 I can explain their lackluster performance by pointing to the disappearance of Bynum, Odom, and Artest.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-27-2010, 12:37 AM
I think people are looking at it all wrong. I think the OP just wanted to point out that after the Lakers win the series, and ultimately the championship, there is not one person on earth that can say they did it because the refs let them. Am I right or am I right? :cool:

Nirvanaskurdt
05-27-2010, 12:56 AM
I think people are looking at it all wrong. I think the OP just wanted to point out that after the Lakers win the series, and ultimately the championship, there is not one person on earth that can say they did it because the refs let them. Am I right or am I right? :cool:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

heimdog8
05-27-2010, 04:53 AM

you dont know anything about that series. you just bring that up cuz donaghy said that game was rigged. do u realize that donaghy also just recently said the lakers suns game 3 and 4 were rigged as well as the celtics magic series. so go ahead and beleive donaghy.

and to further ur point about the kings laker series in 02. heres the free throw numbers attempted
game 1: lakers 22 kings 17 but they both made 16 so even there
game 2: lakers 25 kings 38
game 3: lakers 15 kings 35
game 4: lakers 27 kings 26
game 5: lakers 23 kings 33
game 6: lakers 40 kings 25
game 7: lakers 33 kings 30

so in the entire series the kings end up shooting 19 MORE free throws than the lakers did. if u want to point out game 6 like everyone else does. u will find that the kings would intentionally foul shaq because he was such a bad free throw shooter. he got 17 foul shots and made an amazing 13 which he never does. so the kings plan back fired on them thats why they lost. and if u want to complain bout the wide spred free throws how do u explain 20 more free throws by the kings on the lakers home court in game 3.

the lakers get the blame for getting bailed out of game 6 cuz they had 15 more free throws that the kings. the suns had 20+ more free throws in each of games 3 and 4. u want to call lakers getting bailed out in that series...thats fine u can believe that. but if u want to actually watch the games and look at the stats u will see the suns are getting more bailed out than the lakers ever have.

maybe u should wake up to how much times the lakers have gotten screwed on officiating. like game 2 in 2008 against the celtics. they shot 38 free throws to our 10. explain that.

try watching the games before u talk about them

gcoll
05-27-2010, 04:59 AM
but if u want to actually watch the games and look at the stats u will see the suns are getting more bailed out than the lakers ever have.
No.

Like I said. The Suns free throws have been consistent. Game 3 was an outlier due to Stoudemire. Game 4 was an outlier for the Lakers. But so was game 2 in the opposite direction. The Suns shoot around 30. The Lakers shoot around 20. That's the way the season series broke down as well.

The Suns were +10 in free throws in game 1. The reason the Suns won game 3 and 4 was not due to free throws.

heimdog8
05-27-2010, 05:09 AM

i believe we only intentional fouled 3 times which would be 6 free throws. and by the way the suns shot 30 threes so dont act like the lakers took more jump shots than them. yes the lakers took more jump shots than they usually do but still not as many as the suns

heimdog8
05-27-2010, 05:15 AM
No.

Like I said. The Suns free throws have been consistent. Game 3 was an outlier due to Stoudemire. Game 4 was an outlier for the Lakers. But so was game 2 in the opposite direction. The Suns shoot around 30. The Lakers shoot around 20. That's the way the season series broke down as well.

The Suns were +10 in free throws in game 1. The reason the Suns won game 3 and 4 was not due to free throws.

that makes no sense. game 4 was an outlier for the lakers even tho the suns still shot 19 more free throws. what???

And you cant even use game 1 as an example because it wasnt even competitive. so obviously the foul situation didnt have much impact. officiating only comes into play on close games

gcoll
05-27-2010, 05:29 AM
that makes no sense. game 4 was an outlier for the lakers even tho the suns still shot 19 more free throws. what?
Outlier in the sense that they shot less than they normally do. They usually shoot around 20 against the Suns.

officiating only comes into play on close games
Like game 2? When the Lakers shot about 14 more free throws than they normally average against the Suns?

But it seems to me that the officiating only comes into play when the Lakers lose. Remember in game 1 against the Blazers, when the Suns only shot 16 free throws to the Blazers' 31? Remember all the Suns fans complaining about that? Yeah. Me neither.

heimdog8
05-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Outlier in the sense that they shot less than they normally do. They usually shoot around 20 against the Suns.

Like game 2? When the Lakers shot about 14 more free throws than they normally average against the Suns?

But it seems to me that the officiating only comes into play when the Lakers lose. Remember in game 1 against the Blazers, when the Suns only shot 16 free throws to the Blazers' 31? Remember all the Suns fans complaining about that? Yeah. Me neither.

i dont know if you have ever taken a course on mathematical statistics but the term outlier is used as a number that is so far from the average that u might as well know for sure it has been manipulated in some way. there is usually only one or 2 outliers in a series of 100 numbers. its funny how there are two consecutive outliers favoring the suns. according to statistics it can be said the numbers had to be manipulated by something. hmm interesting.

and i like how ur average of the lakers shooting 20 free throws comes from the series in which we are debating on the uneveness of the free throws so obviously the suns average is higher. thats the entire point

and i watched game 1 when u guys played the the blazers. yall didnt show up for that game. that had nothin to do wit the refs

gcoll
05-27-2010, 06:04 AM
i dont know if you have ever taken a course on mathematical statistics but the term outlier is used as a number that is so far from the average that u might as well know for sure it has been manipulated in some way. there is usually only one or 2 outliers in a series of 100 numbers. its funny how there are two consecutive outliers favoring the suns. according to statistics it can be said the numbers had to be manipulated by something. hmm interesting.
You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

and i like how ur average of the lakers shooting 20 free throws comes from the series in which we are debating on the uneveness of the free throws so obviously the suns average is higher. thats the entire point
No. I went through their regular season matchups.

redhorse
05-27-2010, 09:45 PM
see laker fans you have nothing to worry about ;)

ChiTownPacerFan
05-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Most of you seem to believe that anyone who questions Stern and the officiating is a whacko conspiracy theorist with a tinfoil hat. So how do explain Bennett Salvatore working game 5 of the Suns Lakers series. This guy is the king of giving games to the home team. Don't believe me check out the stats: http://www.nbastuffer.com/2009-2010_NBA_Regular_Season_Referee_Stats.html
I know his foul rate is 50-50 (all fouls are not created equal btw) but just look at that home team win percentage. So how do you explain these flagrantly unsubtle attempts by the league to get the biggest markets on the biggest stage year after year.

dukejazz
05-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Lol of course a lakers fan brings this up. Never believe that maybe they lsot because the other team played better. They never believe they lost fairly i swear.

airraptor8
05-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Lol of course a lakers fan brings this up. Never believe that maybe they lsot because the other team played better. They never believe they lost fairly i swear.

Of course, we all expect teams to fall over in four like the jazz did

PatsSoxKnicks
05-27-2010, 10:18 PM
you dont know anything about that series. you just bring that up cuz donaghy said that game was rigged. do u realize that donaghy also just recently said the lakers suns game 3 and 4 were rigged as well as the celtics magic series. so go ahead and beleive donaghy.

and to further ur point about the kings laker series in 02. heres the free throw numbers attempted
game 1: lakers 22 kings 17 but they both made 16 so even there
game 2: lakers 25 kings 38
game 3: lakers 15 kings 35
game 4: lakers 27 kings 26
game 5: lakers 23 kings 33
game 6: lakers 40 kings 25
game 7: lakers 33 kings 30

so in the entire series the kings end up shooting 19 MORE free throws than the lakers did. if u want to point out game 6 like everyone else does. u will find that the kings would intentionally foul shaq because he was such a bad free throw shooter. he got 17 foul shots and made an amazing 13 which he never does. so the kings plan back fired on them thats why they lost. and if u want to complain bout the wide spred free throws how do u explain 20 more free throws by the kings on the lakers home court in game 3.

the lakers get the blame for getting bailed out of game 6 cuz they had 15 more free throws that the kings. the suns had 20+ more free throws in each of games 3 and 4. u want to call lakers getting bailed out in that series...thats fine u can believe that. but if u want to actually watch the games and look at the stats u will see the suns are getting more bailed out than the lakers ever have.

maybe u should wake up to how much times the lakers have gotten screwed on officiating. like game 2 in 2008 against the celtics. they shot 38 free throws to our 10. explain that.

try watching the games before u talk about them

Did you actually watch game 6? or did you have those laker blinders on? How come everyone in the country besides Laker fans thought something fishy was going on there? The reason that game is especially bad is because the Lakers shot 27 4th quarter free throws, which is ridiculous. But here's the other thing, just looking at Free throws isn't enough, how about when Bibby was elbowed in the face and was bleeding and there was no foul called? There were specific instances where the Lakers harassed the Kings and there was no foul called.

I actually don't believe much of anything of what donahgy says, I just think there was something fishy going on in that 1 particular game. That's really the ONLY game where I've ever felt something is really fishy in regards to the officiating.

And the Kings shot more Free throws overall because they were the aggressors, and really 19 more free throws over a 7 game series is really not that much. That's a little less than 3 more a game, which is pretty even. But the Kings were up 3-2 going into game 6 and the 4th quarter of that game 6 was very fishy which is why you can say if the Kings win that game, the series is over.

And I suggest you do watch the games because you clearly didn't watch game 6 or more specifically the 4th quarter. It's not the free throws as much as what LA was allowed to do to the Kings offense, which is basically mug them and not get called for anything.

And the Lakers getting screwed in officiating? That's funny, you realize David Stern once said "I'd love to see the Lakers vs. the Lakers" (in the Finals). Does that sound like a man who would try to screw over the Lakers? How about the fact that Jerry West (former Laker) gave the Lakers Pau Gasol for nothing? (Ok that last one doesn't have anything to do with this topic but it certainly did help your franchise)

What's interesting is that after game 4 (Lakers vs. Suns) no one was talking about the officiating other than Laker fans. On the other hand, the whole country was talking about the officiating after game 6 between the Kings-Lakers. I know you might not care about this but the country is generally less bias than Laker fans. You think neutral fans believe the Lakers were given game 4 by the refs? On the other hand, neutral fans do believe the Lakers got game 6 due to refs. And as you may notice, I'm a knicks fan. Have nothing to do with the Lakers, Suns, or Kings.

You're a Lakers fan, is it possible that you may have some bias?

And in regards to your last Celtics Lakers comment, how about the fact that none of those Laker players sought contact while all of the Celtics players were constantly driving to the hoop. That Laker team was very soft and finesse, none of the Laker players liked contact and so if you don't seek contact, you're not going to shoot free throws. And if you look at Gasol's career stats, he's never shot a ton of free throws. Same with Odom. And Pierce (the MVP) was constantly attacking the basket, which is going to lead to free throws.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-27-2010, 10:29 PM

I assume you're taking a high school stats class, or maybe even a middle school stats class because you clearly don't seem to understand what an outlier is. I think its past your bedtime or maybe you should hit the books a little harder. I don't think you want to fail that stats test, which it looks like you may considering you don't even understand what an outlier is.

And btw, I probably know more about probability and statistics than you'll ever know. I just graduated from college with a degree in Math, that was concentrated mainly in probability and stats. You want to talk stats with me, let's talk random walks and markov chains.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-27-2010, 10:43 PM
The Lakers attempted 24.2 FTs on the season. The Suns attempted 25.8. So in general, the Suns do shoot more free throws than the Lakers. The Lakers are actually middle of the pack in shooting free throws, which is mainly due to the fact that a lot of their players don't seek contact. Even Kobe is driving to the hoop less and taking more jumpshots. His FT attempts (7.4) are less than his career average (7.7). And in Kobe's really high scoring years, he was averaging over 10 FT attempts.

And in regards to this thread, using this years regular season stats, the Lakers shot the fewest FTs out of all the teams. The Lakers attempted 24.2, the Suns 25.8, Magic 26.5, Celtics 25.5

airraptor8
05-27-2010, 10:56 PM
The Lakers attempted 24.2 FTs on the season. The Suns attempted 25.8. So in general, the Suns do shoot more free throws than the Lakers. The Lakers are actually middle of the pack in shooting free throws, which is mainly due to the fact that a lot of their players don't seek contact. Even Kobe is driving to the hoop less and taking more jumpshots. His FT attempts (7.4) are less than his career average (7.7). And in Kobe's really high scoring years, he was averaging over 10 FT attempts.

And in regards to this thread, using this years regular season stats, the Lakers shot the fewest FTs out of all the teams. The Lakers attempted 24.2, the Suns 25.8, Magic 26.5, Celtics 25.5

Since you're so great at math, would you mind checking if the .3 difference in kobe's ft attempts and the 2.6 difference between the lakers and suns are statistically significant?

heimdog8
05-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Did you actually watch game 6? or did you have those laker blinders on? How come everyone in the country besides Laker fans thought something fishy was going on there? The reason that game is especially bad is because the Lakers shot 27 4th quarter free throws, which is ridiculous. But here's the other thing, just looking at Free throws isn't enough, how about when Bibby was elbowed in the face and was bleeding and there was no foul called? There were specific instances where the Lakers harassed the Kings and there was no foul called.

I actually don't believe much of anything of what donahgy says, I just think there was something fishy going on in that 1 particular game. That's really the ONLY game where I've ever felt something is really fishy in regards to the officiating.

And the Kings shot more Free throws overall because they were the aggressors, and really 19 more free throws over a 7 game series is really not that much. That's a little less than 3 more a game, which is pretty even. But the Kings were up 3-2 going into game 6 and the 4th quarter of that game 6 was very fishy which is why you can say if the Kings win that game, the series is over.

And I suggest you do watch the games because you clearly didn't watch game 6 or more specifically the 4th quarter. It's not the free throws as much as what LA was allowed to do to the Kings offense, which is basically mug them and not get called for anything.

And the Lakers getting screwed in officiating? That's funny, you realize David Stern once said "I'd love to see the Lakers vs. the Lakers" (in the Finals). Does that sound like a man who would try to screw over the Lakers? How about the fact that Jerry West (former Laker) gave the Lakers Pau Gasol for nothing? (Ok that last one doesn't have anything to do with this topic but it certainly did help your franchise)

What's interesting is that after game 4 (Lakers vs. Suns) no one was talking about the officiating other than Laker fans. On the other hand, the whole country was talking about the officiating after game 6 between the Kings-Lakers. I know you might not care about this but the country is generally less bias than Laker fans. You think neutral fans believe the Lakers were given game 4 by the refs? On the other hand, neutral fans do believe the Lakers got game 6 due to refs. And as you may notice, I'm a knicks fan. Have nothing to do with the Lakers, Suns, or Kings.

You're a Lakers fan, is it possible that you may have some bias?

And in regards to your last Celtics Lakers comment, how about the fact that none of those Laker players sought contact while all of the Celtics players were constantly driving to the hoop. That Laker team was very soft and finesse, none of the Laker players liked contact and so if you don't seek contact, you're not going to shoot free throws. And if you look at Gasol's career stats, he's never shot a ton of free throws. Same with Odom. And Pierce (the MVP) was constantly attacking the basket, which is going to lead to free throws.

its funny u asked me if i watched that game 6 cuz i watched a re-run on that the other day. since when did u become the spokesmen for everyone in the country? i know plenty of non laker fans who didnt see anything wrong with that game. just cuz u thought that doesnt mean u can speak for all non laker fans.

yes i would agree 27 fourth quarter free throws is a large amount. but like i said shaq shot 10 of those free throws from just doin the hack a shaq and the lakers were facing elimination going into the possible final quarter they cam out very aggressive in that fourth quarter attacking the rim. Kobe and Shaq were both top 3 in the league that year in free throw attempts and the 4th quarter is when they took over.

And i agree free throws dont represent all the officiating that goes on. thats one of the main point i make about the lakers in game 3 and 4 against the suns. that the lakers arent allowed to be physical on them which is allwoing the suns to do whatever they want. and as far as the missed elbow call. this is basketball...there are always elbows that are accidently landed. and just cuz there is an elbow doesnt automatically mean there is a foul. if the defender is in the offensive players space then it can happen without ther bein a call.

yes i agree the 19 free throws over a 7 game stretch isnt that much of a difference but they did have two games of 15+ more free throws and keep in mind there playin against 2 of the top 3 guys in the league that season in free throw attempts.

and yes im aware of david sterns comments. and obviously hes saying that cuz the lakers make the most money out of any team in the nba. so it benefits the league if the lakers advance. im not saying the lakers wont advance this series cuz they will. im just saying there trying to extend it. the lakers are the yankees of basketball. they get what they want when they want it. and as i can see ur a red sox guy so i assume u dont like these big rich organizations that dominate there sports. and u will probably be even more upset when the lakers land chris bosh this off season haha

and to me being a laker biased i was thinking ya i probably am a little bit. so i watched game 5 of the celtics magic series to see if the league was really trying to extend series and i was amazed at how many bad calls there were against the celtics and i hate the celtics. i wanted the magic to win and it was still obvious to me the officiating was messed up. and 2 of my friends who are celtics fans and always give me crap about the lakers...they even said the lakers were getting screwed on calls in games 3 and 4.

in regards to the lakers game 2 in 08 finals. leon powe who played only 18 minutes got double the free throws than kobe who played almost all 48 minutes. u think kobe wasnt aggressive or didnt want it? 38 to 10 thats ridiculous

heimdog8
05-28-2010, 05:47 AM
I assume you're taking a high school stats class, or maybe even a middle school stats class because you clearly don't seem to understand what an outlier is. I think its past your bedtime or maybe you should hit the books a little harder. I don't think you want to fail that stats test, which it looks like you may considering you don't even understand what an outlier is.

And btw, I probably know more about probability and statistics than you'll ever know. I just graduated from college with a degree in Math, that was concentrated mainly in probability and stats. You want to talk stats with me, let's talk random walks and markov chains.

you must not have taken any argumentation or communication courses because in the real world u have to actually support what you say with evidence. i wonder what would happen if two lawyers were going back and forth during a trial and the one lawyer thought the others response was just dumb. so his response to the judge and jury was "dang i assumed you never even went to law school but im right because i went to the best school and i know all there is to know about the subject and i can name off everything" the judge would probably say "okay you self righteous prick why dont you reply with something intelligent rather that brag about your credientials." i hope u were able to understand that parable haha.

and i actually took a college stats class and got and A. and if u want me to give the actual definition of an outlier it is "A value far from most others in a set of data". thats a truth. i believe i said something like an outlier is a number so far from the average that u can assume it was manipulated. thats not always true i agree. but an outlier is usually dismissed in a set of numbers because it is so unusual. im saying its funny that there were 2 outlier games in a row in game 3 and 4. and i dont care bout ur degree. its a piece of paper

Boston Faithful
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I came across this on the internet publication "CelebrityCafe".

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/referees-and-orlando-magic-take-out-celtics-game-5-05-27-2010

The writer definitely makes some compelling points in a unique way.

ManRam
05-28-2010, 03:15 PM
It says access denied for me. Maybe it knows I'm a Magic fan who used to live in Boston (traitor).

Wondering if it is a bad link, or what.

Boston Faithful
05-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I found this on the longtime running entertainment publication, CelebrityCafe.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/referees-and-orlando-magic-take-out-celtics-game-5-05-27-2010

The writer definitely makes some compelling points that make you think.

Kakaroach
05-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Link doesn't work and use this thread for all ref stories.

Boston Faithful
05-28-2010, 03:20 PM
I found this on the longtime running entertainment publication, CelebrityCafe.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/...e-5-05-27-2010

The writer definitely makes some compelling points that make you think.

Boston Faithful
05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
I found this on longtime running entertainment publication, CelebrityCafe.

The link won't work for some reason, so I'll just post the story.

The writer makes some compelling points.

Did we just witness the greatest tag team in history?
Matt Thompson

The Boston Celtics were left beaten and battered as they exited the court on Wednesday night following a 113-92 loss to the Orlando Magic.

It wasn’t an easy loss for the 17-time NBA champions, as it was a handicap match all night long.

The NBA referees and Orlando Magic formed one of the greatest tag teams in WWE, err, NBA history to take out the mighty Celtics.

Dwight Howard, the best center in the league, had a clear path to domination. The Celtics have had a four man frontcourt rotation in Kendrick Perkins, Kevin Garnett, Glen Davis and Rasheed Wallace for the majority of the playoffs. The referees and Magic were strategic in taking them out one by one.

With two minutes left in the second quarter, Orlando center Marcin Gortat rattled Kendrick Perkins, coaxing him into a double technical. Only a minute and a half later, with 36 seconds left in the half, Perkins received an early birthday present. Nearly five months in advance.

The referees apparently thought the Celtics center was too effusive in walking away from the scene after fouling Dwight Howard and decided to hand him a second technical.

Perkins was ejected, but that wasn’t the true “Leg Drop” on the Celtics. No, they’re going to need to take their vitamins and say their prayers for Game 6, as they very might be without their Superman-stopper. Since Perkins has received seven whistles for the playoffs, he will be suspended, unless the league rescinds his techs.

After the referees did their damage, they tagged in the Magic, who took down another Celtic. Dwight Howard went all Stone Cold Steve Austin on “Big Baby” Glen Davis, elbowing him in the head, which left him wobbly on the floor. It literally looked like a TKO in a UFC fight. Only a few moments later, the Magic took out another Celtic in Marquis Daniels, using the same tactic in the dastardly elbow. The Celtics most effective player all game, Rasheed Wallace, conveniently picked up six fouls and left the game halfway through the fourth quarter.

Congratulations, Kevin Garnett. You were the last man standing in Game 5. But, it was a long road getting there. Howard attempted to take out Garnett in the third quarter of Game 4 with a hard foul, that wasn’t ruled a flagrant. Since the referees couldn’t do their job, the league did it for them as they ruled Howard’s foul a flagrant on Wednesday.

After the craziness revolving around the concussions died down, it just got ridiculous. Amway Arena was rocking and Jameer Nelson was hacking up threes in desperation from midcourt as the shot clock was winding down and they were just floating in.

“I didn’t think he deserved either one, but he got them,” Doc Rivers said of the Perkins technicals after the game. He added, “Perk was bending down, picking the ball up, and he got a tech for being around.”

We know Doc. But that’s NBA officiating for you.

Credit: CelebrityCafe

RadiantShot
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Give up. This is ridiculous. You Celtic fans are almost up there with LA fans now.

Kakaroach
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
What did I just say? Please post in the other free throw difference/reffing thread.

carter15
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
This is just sad lol.

still1ballin
05-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Give up. This is ridiculous. You Celtic fans are almost up there with LA fans now.

It is so easy to say this when things are going your way, but when the refs are against you on certain calls you would be reacting the same way. Every fan would when you feel your team arn't getting the benefit of the doubt.

RadiantShot
05-28-2010, 03:47 PM
It is so easy to say this when things are going your way, but when the refs are against you on certain calls you would be reacting the same way. Every fan would when you feel your team arn't getting the benefit of the doubt.

The refs have been against us all season. I've kept quiet. They lose a game, and complain. Same with LA fans. It gets a bit ridiculous after a while. That's all.

still1ballin
05-28-2010, 04:02 PM
The refs have been against us all season. I've kept quiet. They lose a game, and complain. Same with LA fans. It gets a bit ridiculous after a while. That's all.

So? Its just the season. I would of rather get screwed by the refs in the regular season rather than the postseason. And in all fairness, Laker fans have not complained about the officiating until now. It started after Game 4 against the Suns, so its not like we have complained a lot this whole playoffs. It is only natural for fans to complain about the refs when they miss many calls going against their own team.

RadiantShot
05-28-2010, 04:04 PM
So? Its just the season. I would of rather get screwed by the refs in the season rather than the postseason. And in all fairness, Laker fans have not complained about the officiating until now. It started after Game 4 against the Suns, so its not like we have complained a lot this whole playoffs. It is only natural for fans to complain with refs miss many calls going against their own team.

By season, you realize I'm including the Playoffs, too? Maybe I should have been more specific.

Either way, there shouldn't be complaining...Just because you lose, doesn't mean it's the ref's fault. Maybe, I don't know, just maybe, the other team was better that game..:p

L@ker4Life
05-28-2010, 04:08 PM

Agreed.

The Suns packed the paint with their zone D and we couldn't get the ball in there. That's the reason that we didn't get to the line well that and our D was atrocious!!!

Game 5 was much better execution on O and better D and the free throws were almost even....I think.

still1ballin
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
By season, you realize I'm including the Playoffs, too? Maybe I should have been more specific.

Either way, there shouldn't be complaining...Just because you lose, doesn't mean it's the ref's fault. Maybe, I don't know, just maybe, the other team was better that game..:p

Yeah you should of been more specific. When you say season, I'm thinking of the regular season, but we lost 2 games against the thunder and game 3 against the suns and there really wasn't much complain about the refs until game 4 against the suns as I said previously.

It is basically a lose lose situation. I guess Lakers are known for complaining about the refs? I don't know? But even if the refs did call many bad obvious calls against the Lakers, us fans cannot complain about it because we will always get hammered.

RadiantShot
05-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah you should of been more specific. When you say season, I'm thinking of the regular season, but we lost 2 games against the thunder and game 3 against the suns and there really wasn't much complain about the refs until game 4 against the suns as I said previously.

It is basically a lose lose situation. I guess Lakers are known for complaining about the refs? I don't know? But even if the refs did call many bad obvious calls against the Lakers, us fans cannot complain about it because we will always get hammered.

Not even just you guys, I was more-so talking about Boston. Like 3 threads popped up about Perkins' technical foul...The game being badly officiated...And things like that.

SteveNash
05-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Not even just you guys, I was more-so talking about Boston. Like 3 threads popped up about Perkins' technical foul...The game being badly officiated...And things like that.

At least Kendrick Perkins handled himself like a man. Didn't cry about it, didn't give himself a stupid nickname.

RadiantShot
05-28-2010, 06:36 PM
At least Kendrick Perkins handled himself like a man. Didn't cry about it, didn't give himself a stupid nickname.

Can it. Look at your signature.

SteveNash
05-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Can it. Look at your signature.

What?

RadiantShot
05-28-2010, 07:22 PM
What?

..This is what.

:laugh2:

SteveNash
05-28-2010, 07:41 PM
..This is what.

:laugh2:

I'm still not getting your point...