PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson: "I have no desire for a 2nd stint in Chicago"

NYtilIdie
05-26-2010, 12:19 AM
I was just on a few minutes ago with the post game interview and heres an article.

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson, meeting with reporters in Phoenix before Game 4 of the Western Conference finals, announced Tuesday night that he has no interest in a second stint coaching the Chicago Bulls.

But Jackson also repeatedly passed on the opportunity to commit to a Lakers-or-retirement stance for next season and quash rising speculation about his future plans.

"I have no, at all, desire to go back to Chicago and coach the Bulls," Jackson said, responding to an ESPN.com report from Monday night that the Bulls had reached out to Jackson through back channels to gauge his interest in a return.

Jackson

Earlier Tuesday, ESPN.com also reported that the New Jersey Nets had made similar back-channel inquiries to assess the possibility of luring Jackson away from Los Angeles, with Lakers owner Jerry Buss determined to reduce Jackson's $12 million annual salary. Teams such as the Bulls or Nets would naturally target an available Jackson in conjunction with this summer's free-agent pursuit of LeBron James.

"Those channels have not reached me," Jackson said, insisting that he has "not entertained any conversations" about coaching elsewhere.

Asked specifically about New Jersey, Jackson joked that he'd like to "have a vodka" with new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, saying Prokhorov seems "like a very interesting young man." But Jackson added that he is likewise not interested in coaching the Nets, pointing out that he has never lived in Brooklyn or Newark.

Jackson, however, said he couldn't go any farther than insisting that "the probabilities are great" that he'll be back on the Lakers' bench next season.

When asked at Tuesday night's pregame news conference if he'd either be with the Lakers or home in retirement come October, Jackson said: "Home is where the heart is, right?"

When asked later why he was being cagey, Jackson joked: "I've always had problems committing."

Told by one reporter that he could shut down all the speculation right now, Jackson said: "I'll leave it open and just say, as of now, I have not made up my mind about coaching or not coaching next year. ... That's all I can say really. Truthfully."

"I just can't imagine [coaching another team]," Jackson continued. "Not to say that it's beyond your wildest dreams, [or] that it never would happen, [because] the strangest things do. But it's just not part of my conscious thought. Right now we're down this path [against] Phoenix."

After 11 seasons and two championships as a player with the New York Knicks, Jackson's first coaching experience came with the Nets during the final two seasons of his active career in 1978-79 and 1979-80, when he served as a player-assistant under Kevin Loughery. He went on to win six championships in nine seasons coaching the Bulls from 1989-90 through 1997-98.

ESPN.com reported Monday night that, while there had been no direct contact between Bulls officials and Jackson, sources close to both parties had spoken and come away with the belief that Jackson would be open to a potential reunion in Chicago next season.

LeBron Tracker
Where will LeBron James land? We're keeping tabs on the King. Here's the latest. LeBron Tracker

Bulls general manager Gar Forman refused to comment on the club's coaching search when reached Monday night by telephone.

Nets president Rod Thorn, meanwhile, denied any form of contact with Jackson in an interview Tuesday afternoon with AOL Fanhouse. And Lakers spokesman John Black told the Los Angeles Times that the team is not aware of Jackson being contacted for any coaching vacancy.

"Not to my understanding," Black told the newspaper. "Obviously, if they were to contact him, it would be tampering."

Said Thorn to Fanhouse: "It's not true. We've never approached him. We haven't made any backdoor dealings or whatever it was called."

Asked if the Nets would pursue Jackson should he leave Los Angeles at season's end to become a coaching free agent, Thorn said: "I anticipate he's going to stay with the Lakers. He's got a great situation there."

Earlier Tuesday, ESPN.com reported that the Nets privately acknowledge the long-shot nature of tempting Jackson away from L.A., given the 64-year-old's insistence earlier this month that he's "90 percent" certain he'll coach the Lakers if he coaches anywhere next season. Yet sources with knowledge of New Jersey's thinking have maintained for weeks that Prokhorov is determined to make the splashiest hire he can to enhance the Nets as part of the quest to sign marquee free agents such as James.

Chicago, meanwhile, is on the verge of its most pivotal offseason since the Michael Jordan era, when Jordan and Jackson led the club to separate three-peats from the 1990-1991 through 1992-93 seasons and the 1995-96 through 1997-1998 seasons.

With roughly $23 million to spend in free agency, Chicago is widely regarded as the biggest threat to Cleveland's hopes of re-signing James. The Ohio native is intrigued by the possibility of playing with Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, according to sources, and if any team managed to unite the coach with a record 10 championship rings and the league's two-time reigning MVP, Jackson would have the unprecedented opportunity to have coached Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal and James.

The Bulls and Nets are two of six teams in the league with a coaching vacancy, along with New Orleans, Atlanta, Cleveland and the Los Angeles Clippers.

Jackson publicly acknowledged last week before the Lakers' Game 2 victory over Phoenix in the Western Conference finals that Buss wants him to take a pay cut from the $12 million salary he's receiving this season. Should Jackson decide to leave the Lakers and opt for retirement -- despite the fact that longtime girlfriend Jeanie Buss is the owner's daughter and a Lakers vice president -- it's a given that other teams will attempt to convince him to keep coaching, depending on which clubs have openings at that stage.

The focus on Jackson's uncertain future has steadily increased in L.A. over the past two months, especially since his two best players -- Bryant and Pau Gasol -- signed contract extensions during the season.

Jackson's address Tuesday, however, marked the second time this month that he publicly shot down the idea of coaching the Bulls again. In early May after Vinny Del Negro's firing, Jackson said: "No, I'm not [interested]. I think it's a wonderful job for whoever takes it. It's a team on the rise and there's some young talent that showed their ability to come back after probably a devastating first two months. Then from January on they played pretty well."

The Nets' association with Jackson certainly doesn't compare to what he achieved with the Bulls, but Prokhorov's presence and presumed willingness to pay top dollar would seemingly give New Jersey -- along with Cleveland's free-spending owner Dan Gilbert -- more hope of meeting Jackson's salary demands than the Bulls, who are regarded leaguewide as reluctant spenders.

With the help of part owner Jay-Z, one of James' closest friends, New Jersey intends to pursue James as hard as Chicago in free agency despite last week's disappointment in the draft lottery. The Nets, after going 12-70, only landed the No. 3 overall pick and lost the opportunity to draft Kentucky's John Wall, another James pal. But New Jersey realizes, like the Bulls and Cavaliers, that prying Jackson away from L.A. could be as valuable in the recruitment process as signing another marquee free agent to play alongside James.

Thorn, though, told the Newark Star-Ledger in Tuesday's editions that he has yet to schedule an interview for New Jersey's coaching opening. When the Nets finally complete the fact-finding phase of their coaching search, Thorn told the newspaper he intends to interview "four to six" candidates, with sources saying that ESPN analyst Avery Johnson and Boston Celtics assistant coach Tom Thibodeau are already on that list. The Star-Ledger reported that the Nets are also likely to reach out to Mike Brown, who was fired Monday as coach of the Cavaliers.

The New Orleans Hornets have made a formal offer to Thibodeau, known as the architect of Boston's stout defense, sources with knowledge of the talks said Tuesday.

In his Fanhouse interview, Thorn dismissed the link to Jackson by saying: "There's been a lot of publicity about our new owner and that we want to have a good team and we want to be in the hunt [and] that we're willing to do a lot of things monetarily."

It remains to be seen how much of a pay cut Jackson is willing to accept for next season and how much pressure Jerry Buss will feel to bring him back, with so much invested in a star-filled roster that also features Lamar Odom and the unpredictable Ron Artest alongside Bryant and Gasol. Whether the Lakers can repeat as champions will also be a factor, as one source close to the situation acknowledged Tuesday that the owner-coach tension will only rise if L.A. fails to win it all.

Jackson, though, insisted that the ongoing uncertainty about how much longer he'll be coaching the Lakers is not affecting his team in this series with Phoenix, even though L.A. has not looked nearly as invincible on the road as it did in its first two games at home.

"It"s not a distraction," Jackson said. "Not to me. Not to the players, either."

Jackson scoffed at the idea that he should be flattered by the increasing links to various jobs and added: "It's a distraction, I think, to other teams and I think a disservice to coaches that are really seeking jobs and have an opportunity to go to those towns."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5220247

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-26-2010, 12:21 AM
lol at bulls fans thinking they had a chance to grab him

IAmKira
05-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Phil Jackson's finally getting his private sucked by everyone just like Lebron. WOO WEE! o.O

HesterTrain
05-26-2010, 12:34 AM

To be honest, I didn't want him back. Nothing personal against the guy, but I can't see him on the Bulls sideline again. He already got us 6 Championships, id like someone other than Phil to get us back there.

B.JenningsMVP
05-26-2010, 12:36 AM
uhmmm, no surprise hereee!

quade36
05-26-2010, 12:37 AM

LOL Laker fan. This was a rumor started by an EPSN writer. There was never any truth to it. No media here ever talked about it happening at any point. Wait, today people talked about how it was a made up story by this writer. Forced the Bulls brass to have to call Jerry Buss and assure him they had absolutely no interest in Big time Jackson.

Also, as a fan, Jackson is the last coach I'd want here. I'd take Tex Winters any day. But Jackson's time here has long gone. I liked the old Jackson. The coaching to win, non-Hollywood, before he left his wife Jackson. This new Jackson with his little soul patch and expensive suits can stay in LA.

bears88
05-26-2010, 12:42 AM

well he did his thing in chicago got us 6 rings and is doing his thing in LA and he got you guys 4 rings so after this season he might retire and plus like someone said the media made that rumor up even the Bulls denied that story linking them to Jackson

Chill_Will_24
05-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Of couse you would say that... and when Lebron doesnt sign in CHI you all will say you never wanted him either right?..

still1ballin
05-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Good!

jackdawson
05-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Now bulls fans are gonna change their voice like nothing happened. I am waiting to see what happens if lebron doesn't go to the bulls. I am actually saving few people's nonsense comments. I will put them up when time comes in July once lebron doesn't sign with the bulls.

BTW, thanks stillballin for this idea. He made mavrix almost invisible here on psd..lol.

bears88
05-26-2010, 12:48 AM
^^ no not really if we missed the chance on lebron were not going to cry about it like somebody told me a couple of days ago if he went to NY then its all about the money but if lebron went to chicago then it means its all about winning a ring and as for Phil Jackson he did his thing in chicago when jordan and co were playing for the Bulls if doesnt want to come then thats fine am not going to loose any sleep on it

Draco
05-26-2010, 12:50 AM
^^ no not really if we missed the chance on lebron were not going to cry about it like somebody told me a couple of days ago if he went to NY then its all about the money but if lebron went to chicago then it means its all about winning a ring

Dude's just a troll who whines about anything posted about the Bulls.

29$JerZ
05-26-2010, 12:50 AM
^^ no not really if we missed the chance on lebron were not going to cry about it like somebody told me a couple of days ago if he went to NY then its all about the money but if lebron went to chicago then it means its all about winning a ring

If it was all about money he'd stay in Cleveland, if he leaves he goes for winning; whether it be in NY or Chicago or Miami,etc

Nocioni5
05-26-2010, 12:51 AM
If lebron leaves Cleveland there's at least a fighting chance he comes to the bulls or at least considers it. But I never thought that the Phil Jackson rumors and any truth behind them He's too old (the triangle takes time to implement/teach), he should be retiring soon, plus he has too good of a thing going for him in LA

jackdawson
05-26-2010, 12:52 AM

So if LeBron doesn't go to the bulls then he isn't looking to win? Bulls are the only team that can get the king a ring? :facepalm::facepalm: BS!!!

jackdawson
05-26-2010, 12:53 AM

Next mavrix.

bears88
05-26-2010, 12:54 AM

yea your right

Draco
05-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Next mavrix.

Just another troll.

jackdawson
05-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Just another troll.

Keep panties wet...till july ;)

Draco
05-26-2010, 12:57 AM
yea your right

Seriously.. he whines about Lebron speculation in the Lebron speculation thread. :rolleyes:

still1ballin
05-26-2010, 12:58 AM
Now bulls fans are gonna change their voice like nothing happened. I am waiting to see what happens if lebron doesn't go to the bulls. I am actually saving few people's nonsense comments. I will put them up when time comes in July once lebron doesn't sign with the bulls.

BTW, thanks stillballin for this idea. He made mavrix almost invisible here on psd..lol.

LOL I think he is banned, but he did tone it down after the Mavs lost.

bears88
05-26-2010, 12:58 AM
So if LeBron doesn't go to the bulls then he isn't looking to win? Bulls are the only team that can get the king a ring? :facepalm::facepalm: BS!!!

well for one Bulls got a better talent then the knicks and second if he goes to New York (am not saying the knicks dont got talent) that means lebron will have to wait a couple of more years to win a ring in NY really am not trying to be a real homer but that facts are real better talent equals a better chance of winning a ring period you can facepalm me all you want but talent gives you a better chance of winning a ring then a team that needs a couple of years to make it to the playoffs alone so regardless I really dont care of what you think about my comment its just my own personal opinion.

jackdawson
05-26-2010, 12:59 AM
LOL I think he is banned, but he did tone it down after the Mavs lost.

We will see some more in july ;)

Draco
05-26-2010, 01:04 AM
well for one Bulls got a better talent then the knicks and second if he goes to New york( am not saying the knicks dont got talent) that means lebron will have to wait a couple of more years to win a ring in NY really am not trying to be a real homer but that facts are real better talent equals a better chance of winning a ring period u can facepalm me all you want but talent gives you a better chance of winning a ring then a team that needs a couple of years to make it to the play off alone so regardless I really dont care of what you think about my comment its just my own opinion.

They also have more talent than the Heat.. which is why you see both fan bases whining and complaining about the attention the Bulls get in the media and from former players.

29$JerZ
05-26-2010, 01:07 AM
well for one Bulls got a better talent then the knicks and second if he goes to New York (am not saying the knicks dont got talent) that means lebron will have to wait a couple of more years to win a ring in NY really am not trying to be a real homer but that facts are real better talent equals a better chance of winning a ring period you can facepalm me all you want but talent gives you a better chance of winning a ring then a team that needs a couple of years to make it to the playoffs alone so regardless I really dont care of what you think about my comment its just my own personal opinion.

A Couple of years? If he went to NY it makes sense to assume he believes they could win it sooner than later.
If he leaves period he thinks he can win fast elsewhere, otherwise he'd stay in Cleveland.

They also have more talent than the Heat.. which is why you see both fan bases whining and complaining about the attention the Bulls get in the media and from former players.

It's not the attention, its the claim Chicago is in the runner seat for LBJ/Bosh when the truth is everyone has an about equal shot at both.

Evolution23
05-26-2010, 01:08 AM

Ever heard of commas and periods? Im not an English teacher, but dam your making my head hurt reading that one LONG run on sentence.

bears88
05-26-2010, 01:10 AM

lol dude your going to make New york and heat fans angry but I got your back lol personally I really dont care of what other fans think about me or my comments

Draco
05-26-2010, 01:12 AM
It's not the attention, its the number 1 rank of every FA sweep stakes for Chicago that has others complaining imo.

Take it up with Michael Jordan, Charles Oakley (who also mentioned the Heat), Craig Ehlo, and the 3 GMs reported by Chad Ford... take it up with Ryen Russillo, Ric Bucher, and Chris Broussard.

bears88
05-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Ever heard of commas and periods? Im not an English teacher, but dam your making my head hurt reading that one LONG run on sentence.

This isnt english class oky I know your telling me I should put commas and periods but again this isnt english or grammer class am not trying to offend you or nothing but really lighten up a bit.

Draco
05-26-2010, 01:13 AM
lol dude your going to make New york and heat fans angry but I got your back lol personally I really dont care of what other fans think about me or my comments

There's nothing to get angry over. These fans get angry at Chris Broussard for having an opinion.. how stupid is that. Even when Broussard quotes Jackson saying it's 90% likely he'll remain with the Lakers. And the less bright fans project their frustration on Bulls fans.

bears88
05-26-2010, 01:14 AM
personally if lebron james does not sign with the Bulls I rather see him back with cleveland

jackdawson
05-26-2010, 01:14 AM

LOL...Your sig picture proves it well I guess ;)

Plus, since when a 8th seed team has better talent than a 5th seed team??

In fact, WADE just by himself is worth more than the entire bulls franchise.

SHOW me where any free agent said they want to go to the bulls. OR even any indication, BUT they want to come to miami and HERE are the PROOFs.

AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE:

Quote:
"A lot of teams out there appreciate my skills, but I'm from Florida. That's my home, that's where my AAU team is. That's where my fan base is,'' he said. "It would be great (to play there).

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/12/s...phoenix-ending

JOE JOHNSON:

Quote:
``That's a great situation -- you have to look at it,'' Johnson told The Miami Herald while discussing his options. ``I'm not saying I'll go play with him or him. But being a free agent, you pay attention to everybody's salary cap, what everybody can do.''

Asked if he could be a second or third option on a team such as Miami, he said, ``Yeah.''``I played that role already,'' said Johnson, expected to also receive interest from Chicago, New York and New Jersey. ``It doesn't matter. You can still make your stamp on the game. I could care less about being the one or two guy. I just want to win.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/1...nto-radar.html

CARLOS BOOZER:

Quote:
``We first came here for tax reasons and fell in love with it,'' Boozer said, taking a break from his campers. ``We love the palm trees, the laid-back attitude, the sun, quality of life. It's like paradise here, and I would love to be part of the Heat. They're a very good team, and I'm real close to some of the guys. Dwyane and I started to get close at the Athens Olympics in 2004, and I'd love to play on his team. Plus, I already live here. I'm just waiting to see what happens.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/07/2...choice-is.html

Now prove your point and show me who said similar things about the pathetic bulls who produced only one allstar in 12 ****ing years.

29$JerZ
05-26-2010, 01:15 AM
Take it up with Michael Jordan, Charles Oakley (who also mentioned the Heat), Craig Ehlo, and the 3 GMs reported by Chad Ford... take it up with Ryen Russillo, Ric Bucher, and Chris Broussard.

Don't need too, doesn't bother me :)

The ones who claim the FA are a lock without refuting the business/common sense of how it would go down do however.

fin_frenzy_84
05-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Im a Bulls fan and yes I wanted him but I didnt think we were gonna get him

bears88
05-26-2010, 01:18 AM
There's nothing to get angry over. These fans get angry at Chris Broussard for having an opinion.. how stupid is that. Even when Broussard quotes Jackson saying it's 90% likely he'll remain with the Lakers. And the less bright fans project their frustration on Bulls fans.

I have a feeling that the big part of why people on PSD hates the Bulls fan is because alot of Bulls fan create alot of D. Rose threads in the nba fourms.

Draco
05-26-2010, 01:20 AM

SHOW where any free agent said they want to go to the bulls. OR even any indication, BUT they want to come to miami and HERE are the PROOFs.

Now prove your point and show me who said similar things about the pathetic bulls who only produced one allstar in 12 ****ing years.

Again, take it up with the media and former players for having an opinion. It's obvious to most people that the Bulls have the better roster.

Amare, Johnson, and Boozer aren't what the media and former players have been talking about with regards to the Bulls. It's been about Lebron. If you want people in the NBA forum to talk about the Heat then have one of the mods re-open that pathetic attention seeking thread that was recently locked. It's on Page 2.

Nocioni5
05-26-2010, 01:27 AM
I have a feeling that the big part of why people on PSD hates the Bulls fan is because alot of Bulls fan create alot of D. Rose threads in the nba fourms.

yeah definitely a couple kid posters ruin all of our reputation.

bears88
05-26-2010, 01:28 AM

SHOW me where any free agent said they want to go to the bulls. OR even any indication, BUT they want to come to miami and HERE are the PROOFs.

Now prove your point and show me who said similar things about the pathetic bulls who produced only one allstar in 12 ****ing years.

AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE: Most likey will resign with the suns

JOE JOHNSON: Overrated and chokes in the playoffs and does not deserve a max contract

CARLOS BOOZER: who is a good 2nd tier all star and he MIGHT stay with the jazz he enjoys playing with Deron Williams

I really dont know were might Chris bosh be going until lebron james resigns with cleveland or signs with the other teams you must be a knicks fan or a heat fan

jackdawson
05-26-2010, 01:29 AM
Again, take it up with the media and former players for having an opinion. It's obvious to most people that the Bulls have the better roster.

Who gives a **** on what former players and analysts say when the players speak for themselves wanting to come play for the Heat????

How is that obvious that the Bulls have the better roster when they barely made it to the playoffs and Heat were the 5th seed??? Just stfu if you can't prove your point. I proved it because a 5th seed team is simply better than the 8th seed team, NO rocket science here. PLUS, heat has the most cap space and players want to come and play here. Yet none of the free agents said he want to go to the pathetic bulls that couldn't even produce an allstar for 12 years.

bears88
05-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Who gives a **** on what former players and analysts say when the players speak for themselves wanting to come play for the Heat????

How is that obvious that the Bulls have the better roster when they barely made it to the playoffs and Heat were the 5th seed??? Just stfu if you can't prove your point. I proved it because a 5th seed team is simply better than the 8th seed team, NO rocket science here. PLUS, heat has the most cap space and players want to come and play here. Yet none of the free agents said he want to go to the pathetic bulls that couldn't even produce an allstar for 12 years.

let me put some reasoning behind your pathetic comments. The reason why we havent been as good in the last 10 years or so becasue we have had bad coaches and bad mangement that does not supply the team with good players or dont know how to run an organization, and lets not forget the owner of the Bulls has been cheap for years and if a player said he wants to come to the heat that does not even guarantee that they are comming oky am just expressing my opinion if you want to keep hating on me then thats fine with me I really dont care of what you say to me becasue it does not effect me in any way matter of fact I kinda find it funny, and wade maybe a heat but he will always be a chicagoan

Lakersho
05-26-2010, 01:50 AM
yeah definitely a couple kid posters ruin all of our reputation.

bro, it happens to all of us,try and keep cools all you can do...

bears88
05-26-2010, 01:54 AM
bro, it happens to all of us,try and keep cools all you can do...

yea your right thats all you have to do is to keep cool lol by the way I like your sig

HesterTrain
05-26-2010, 02:05 AM

first off if you're going by team's playoff seeding, than why would he leave the #1 seed? Wade is worth more than the entire Bulls franchise? Not at 28. You asked where players have stated that they wanted to go to the Bulls? Funny you list 3 guys, but I can swear I seen Bosh state he want's to see where Lebron goes which an option is the Bulls. The only FA the Bulls have expressed interest in. It wouldn't be smart for any of these guys to come out and say what team they want to play for right now anyway. They can list a few places in which they would prefer, but other than that it would be non-sense.

I think you should worry about signing Wade first before you go on a rant about Lebron and Miami.

bears88
05-26-2010, 02:13 AM
first off if you're going by team's playoff seeding, than why would he leave the #1 seed? Wade is worth more than the entire Bulls franchise? Not at 28. You asked where players have stated that they wanted to go to the Bulls? Funny you list 3 guys, but I can swear I seen Bosh state he want's to see where Lebron goes which an option is the Bulls. It wouldn't be smart for any of these guys to come out and say what team they want to play for right now anyway. They can list a few places in which they would prefer, but other than that it would be non-sense.

I think you should worry about signing Wade first before you go on a rant about Lebron and Miami.

D Wade is getting old a couple of more seasons he would be 30 I dont know if i want to give a player a max since player usualy start to break down and decline at the age of 30 I am not saying Wade will decline at 30 but its still a possiblity

Draco
05-26-2010, 02:19 AM

Again.. the media talk was about Lebron and the Bulls. Lebron hasn't commented on playing for the Bulls but former players, GMs, and the media have. Naturally these reports and opinions were discussed in the Lebron Speculation thread. Or in other threads where Broussard writes about something to do with the Bulls then naturally those things get discussed in that thread. And once again, if you prefer to have people discussing Amare, Boozer, Johnson in relation to the Heat then have one of the mods re-open that thread. Does this help clarify things for you?

bears88
05-26-2010, 02:24 AM
Again.. the media talk was about Lebron and the Bulls. Lebron hasn't commented on playing for the Bulls but former players, GMs, and the media have. Naturally these reports and opinions were discussed in the Lebron Speculation thread. Or in other threads where Broussard writes about something to do with the Bulls then naturally those things get discussed in that thread. And once again, if you prefer to have people discussing Amare, Boozer, Johnson in relation to the Heat then have one of the mods re-open that thread. Does this help clarify things for you?

dont forget Johnson is overrated and chokes in the playoffs

OT Thriller
05-26-2010, 02:53 AM
AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE: Most likey will resign with the suns

JOE JOHNSON: Overrated and chokes in the playoffs and does not deserve a max contract

CARLOS BOOZER: who is a good 2nd tier all star and he MIGHT stay with the jazz he enjoys playing with Deron Williams

I really dont know were might Chris bosh be going until lebron james resigns with cleveland or signs with the other teams you must be a knicks fan or a heat fan

EDIT:

AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE: Will sign with whichever team offers him the max contract he wants because not every team will want to offer him it. Plus bitter taste from almost being traded at the deadline? He's far from a lock in Phoenix.

JOE JOHNSON: Has played awesome all season and is a great 2nd or 3rd star player that could take an awful franchise, like the Hawks, and get them a high seed in the playoffs. Peyton Manning once choked in the playoffs, A-Rod choked in the playoffs. Then they got their stuff together and won championships. Dont count Johnson out, hes a very good player that will be good for which ever team signs him.

CARLOS BOOZER: Good 2nd tier all star, yes. Happy in Utah? Sorry, but out of all the free agents, Boozer is the most guaranteed lock to sign with a new team this summer. Milsap has proven to be just as if not at times more effective at PF with the Jazz making Boozer expendable. Boozer will go to a team where he is the main man at PF, like he's wanted to do for the past two seasons. Wont be in Utah.

There thats better. Anything else?

Iron24th
05-26-2010, 03:47 AM

:laugh:

sventhedog
05-26-2010, 07:54 AM
sometimes they make news that seems to do nothing but insult people's intelligence.

Pauleboman
05-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Well if Phil Jackson has no desire to be part of something great again he must be getting senial and the Bulls can find a better coach for less anyway..I love Phil but that is absurd to reject a possible championship team of all time.
The Bulls should just go after Pippen if these coaches are on dope and dont want to coach in Chicago.
I just dont understand it at all.Derrick and Co would be great to coach wouldn`t ya think?

todu82
05-26-2010, 09:44 AM
No surprise here. Jackson did all he could go as coach of the Bulls in the 90's. I figure for Phil it's either stay as coach of the Lakers or retire, really can't see him coaching anywhere else next year.

NYtilIdie
05-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Well if Phil Jackson has no desire to be part of something great again he must be getting senial and the Bulls can find a better coach for less anyway..I love Phil but that is absurd to reject a possible championship team of all time.
The Bulls should just go after Pippen if these coaches are on dope and dont want to coach in Chicago.
I just dont understand it at all.Derrick and Co would be great to coach wouldn`t ya think?

He's already coaching a championship team with a top 3 player in the league and a top 5 big man.

Pauleboman
05-26-2010, 10:09 AM
He's already coaching a championship team with a top 3 player in the league and a top 5 big man.

Yes but how long are they going to be contenders?It seems to me they are not looking as dominate as before.
Also the Lakers might not even want him back because he wants so much money to coach.

JNA17
05-26-2010, 10:21 AM
no surprise.

RipVW
05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Meh, what else Phil going to say at this point? I think he's tweaking Buss to pay him. If he doesnt, I wouldnt rule out a departure.

Nothing new here.

SouljahPhil...
05-26-2010, 10:51 AM
wow some bulls fan here are so amazing..hahaha

KnicksorBust
05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
dont forget (Joe) Johnson is overrated and chokes in the playoffs

An actual post from the thread "Phil Jackson: "I have no desire for a 2nd stint in Chicago." Amazing.

hugepatsfan
05-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Yes but how long are they going to be contenders?It seems to me they are not looking as dominate as before.
Also the Lakers might not even want him back because he wants so much money to coach.

Phil has already mentioned retirement. He is therefore presumably more interested in the team that has the best chance to win now. The Lakers are a known quantity. He will go to the Bulls with the idea that they MAY get Lebron, that they MAY get another star in a S&T, that Rose MAY develop the way he has the potential to, that Noah MAY play even better that he has. The Lakers have a much better chance to win for next year, which is all an old coach nearing retirement will be thinking of.

GSW Hoops
05-26-2010, 11:42 AM
At Phil's age, why would he want to leave a perennial title contender for a young team? He will either retire or stay with the Lakers.

And I can't believe they would ask Phil to take a pay cut after he just won an NBA title and is on his way to another Finals appearance. It's not like the Lakers are having trouble with attendance or merchandise sales...

magichatnumber9
05-26-2010, 11:56 AM
why is this all funny to me?

DMasta718
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM

2-3 years easily IMO.

DeyAce
05-26-2010, 01:23 PM
cause he knows he can't win without a superstar

Jonathan2323
05-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Chris Broussard is looking more and more like a ****** everyday.

DeyAce
05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Chris Broussard is looking more and more like a ****** everyday.

lol i know right