PDA

View Full Version : Doug Collins Taking Philly Job, no more awesome analysis

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Consider this "The Doug Collins Appreciation" thread. I love listening to him break down the game, there's simply no one better.

I'm happy for the guy and I think he'll do well with Philly, wish the Bulls would've given him a look.

igPay atinLay
05-25-2010, 10:00 PM

ManRam
05-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Dude not cool....if you want to make fun of the Sixers make fun of the Sixers....I'm guessing you would have done this same thing with Katrina.

Not cool seriously.

I hope for your sake you don't believe in Karma and that its not real.

I don't think he's making fun of anyone here :shrug:

He's giving props to Collins, saying he'll do well in Philly...and the title, while a bit odd...is just saying the oil spill has been unfortunate, which it has been. Don't get the Katrina parallel at all.

But I agree. Collins is a great hire, and one of my favorite analysts of all time. Good luck to him.

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Dude not cool....if you want to make fun of the Sixers make fun of the Sixers....I'm guessing you would have done this same thing with Katrina.

Not cool seriously.

It's a good for the 76ers that they signed Doug Collins, it's a bad thing for fans that watch NBA on TNT.

It's also called 'hyperbole'.

D-Leethal
05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Doug was my favorite but Hubie Brown is a close 2nd, the Czar is good too, anyone but reggie and Mark Jackson/JVG

igPay atinLay

unleashthebeast
tons have people have lost their jobs/livelihood from the oil spill. idk if its a joke or if you didnt realize that but please rename this thread

unleashthebeast
05-25-2010, 10:08 PM
You give yourself too much credit.

1,000's - Millions of animals are going to die, if BP is successful tomorrow its going to take months and 10's of millions of dollars to clean this up...if they fail who knows what the affect this could be on animals, ecosystems, all the people that lost there jobs as a result of this, the 15 people that are dead, and the additional cost.

Seriously you think your funny and witty but your tasteless...why not put holocaust, 9/11, Katrina, and East Timor in your subject line to.

You have problems and I hope the mods do the right things and take this post down.

this

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 10:11 PM

1,000's - Millions of animals are going to die, if BP is successful tomorrow its going to take months and 10's of millions of dollars to clean this up...if they fail who knows what the affect this could be on animals, ecosystems, all the people that lost there jobs as a result of this, the 15 people that are dead, and the additional cost.

Seriously you think your funny and witty but your tasteless...why not put holocaust, 9/11, Katrina, and East Timor in your subject line to.

You have problems and I hope the mods do the right things and take this post down.

Main Entry: hy·per·bo·le
Pronunciation: \hī-ˈpər-bə-(ˌ)lē\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from Greek hyperbolē excess, hyperbole, hyperbola, from hyperballein to exceed, from hyper- + ballein to throw — more at devil
Date: 15th century
: extravagant exaggeration

The world is already too politically correct but I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else. It's not supposed to be funny, just show how much I like listening to Doug Collins talk basketball.

Dodgers99
05-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Your life. if you think the two even compare.

igPay atinLay
05-25-2010, 10:14 PM

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 10:15 PM

Wow you posting this makes me think your are actually a horrible person and not just someone trying and failing to be funny.

Wow Mods do the right thing and close this post this guy thinks its ok to make fun on the economic, environmental, and human cost to an on going tragedy that has consequences and damage we cannot yet begin to measure.

Will you be purchasing gasoline next week?

Again, you are taking what I posted entirely the wrong way. Do you think its funny Doug Collins will not be doing anymore telecasts?

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2010, 10:17 PM

Not cool seriously.

lol wtf?:eyebrow::confused:

Anyways...yea I like him analyzing games. He's a good analyst. I wanna see how he does as a coach.

Kakaroach
05-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I renamed the the thread to what I think the OP is trying to get at. And stay on topic fellas.

I'll miss Doug Collins too, only commentator I think is better is Hubie Brown.

*Superman*
05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Who said that? I love that guy's voice!

"OHH, HE JUST SUCKED THE GRAVITY, RIGHT OUT OF THE BUILDING!!"

So sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7SO2KMIhTw

Sixerlover
05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I'll be happy he's my team's coach, but upset he isn't on TNT anymore. But I'd take him as the coach 1st!

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I renamed the the thread to what I think the OP is trying to get at. And stay on topic fellas.

Thanks, I did not think people would react as igpay did. I'm glad this thread can stay open as a tribute to Doug Collins.

unleashthebeast

thank you

Sadds The Gr8
Who said that? I love that guy's voice!

"OHH, HE JUST SUCKED THE GRAVITY, RIGHT OUT OF THE BUILDING!!"

So sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7SO2KMIhTw

Kevin Harlan

The GEEEEE Men
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Yea I give a :facepalm: at original thread title. It's not funny when people in New Orleans are suffering because of this and NO as we know it will prolly lose everything. There are people from NO who post in here, lets atleast try and be a little sensitive of what they are going through.

igPay atinLay
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2010, 10:21 PM
I never saw the original title....what was it?

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Yea I give a :facepalm: at original thread title. It's not funny when people in New Orleans are suffering because of this and NO as we know it will prolly lose everything. There are people from NO who post in here, lets atleast try and be a little sensitive of what they are going through.

For the record, I stay in NO annually and have a lot of family. I understand better than you and most what that city has gone through and will be going through.

When you die I'll make sure to look down on from Heaven as fire burns you for all eternity.

Say whatever "witty clever" thing you want to now because your a horrible pitiful excuse for a human being and I'm not going to respond to a someone that does not give a damn about tragedies and thinks its cool to make light of them.

And when you make a topic about the holocaust, mass genocide, or rape I'll make sure I ignore it.

Wow.

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I never saw the original title....what was it?

I'll PM it to you

igPay atinLay
05-25-2010, 10:22 PM

Thanks and I'll delete my topics now so they are not going to get in the way of anyone else that comes here.

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
I'll PM it to you

ok

*Superman*
05-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Kevin Harlan

Thanks.....:drool:

I'll PM it to you

Me too. :D

Tufnel_11
05-25-2010, 10:24 PM
It is good that the thread was renamed. However unintentional, it could come off as very callous. As for Mr Pig Latin, I wouldn't get too worried about his PC vents. He had a fit about the Will Ferrell minor league appearance too. Oh how hard it must be to have no blemishes in your soul.

*Superman*
05-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Nevermind I saw it when it shows top 10 threads or whatever.

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks.....:drool:

Me too. :D

yea Him, Marv Albert, and Gus Johnson are my favourite play by play guys. Gus Johnson is just soooo sick. If u don't know him msg back and I'll send u a vid of him

*Superman*
05-25-2010, 10:30 PM
yea Him, Marv Albert, and Gus Johnson are my favourite play by play guys. Gus Johnson is just soooo sick. If u don't know him msg back and I'll send u a vid of him

Nope. Can't say I've heard of him. But yeah Marv is awesome too. He's in my video games! :up:

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Nope. Can't say I've heard of him. But yeah Marv is awesome too. He's in my video games! :up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3AVlM5itI

this is a football clip. He does NFL and college basketball commentary.

igPay atinLay
05-25-2010, 10:34 PM

*Superman*
05-25-2010, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB3AVlM5itI

this is a football clip. He does NFL and college basketball commentary.

Meh. I like the other 2 better.

ChiSox219
05-25-2010, 10:40 PM
It is good that the thread was renamed. However unintentional, it could come off as very callous. As for Mr Pig Latin, I wouldn't get too worried about his PC vents. He had a fit about the Will Ferrell minor league appearance too. Oh how hard it must be to have no blemishes in your soul.

I was curious so I looked up the post and LOL'ed, your reply were the exact word that would've come from my keyboard.

Tufnel_11
05-25-2010, 10:42 PM
You must have a selective memory.....you really are wrong here.

I didn't vent on that topic.

I said it should have happened before or after the game or in between innings and when some said who cares its basically exhibition and I said its a game that counts and players trying to make the majors and stayed out of the rest.

So if your going to type in my screen name wrong than at least quote me right. You are basically lying or slandering me about what I said in another topic, you somehow remember what I said weeks ago (how do you even remember what I said weeks ago stalker much), and you won't even type in my screen name as it is (which is just you being disrespectful).

Interesting. Semantics work in favor of those who hide behind them. I don't see where I quoted anything you said either. And yes, I remember the post because of how idiotic it was, and still is.

igPay atinLay
05-25-2010, 10:44 PM

showtym24
05-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Also means more reggie miller. Damn my ears.

ManRam
05-25-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm closing this too. People are getting really mad, and no one is really talking about Collins. No reason to keep this open.