PDA

View Full Version : Post your teams Dream Offseason Scenario

Chronz
05-25-2010, 08:12 PM
As in what kind of trade/draft/fa signing would you like to see your team have to make a giant leap forward. By that I mean, if your a **** team its the kind of move that would make you a .500 team, if your a mediocre team its the kind that would make you a playoff team, playoff team = contender, and so on.

What does your team NEED to take that next step?

JNA17
05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
lakers get rid of farmar, sasha (somehow), and sign felton, mike miller, and haslem. Book it

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Book what? :laugh2:

sixerfixer
05-25-2010, 08:16 PM
My Sixers some how get Eddie F'ing Jordan out as Head Coach........Oh wait,,,they have!!

My DREAMS have come true :-)

sp1derm00
05-25-2010, 08:17 PM
dream offseason for Lakers:

Bynum + Sasha for Okafor + Collison.

Collison/Fisher
Kobe/Brown
Artest/Luke
Pau/Odom
Okafor/Mbenga

I wouldn't mind Collison being our future. He seems to be solid, plays decent defense, and seems like he would have a healthier career than Bynum. Okafor plays good defense and he's almost a guaranteed 10/10 night in and night out.

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Somehow, someway, The Magic pull in Dwyane Wade, and get rid of Vince Carter. With that being said, we complete our puzzle, and add the final championship piece.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Book what? :laugh2:

http://blog.al.com/bargain-mom/2009/07/medium_bookit.gif

hestar
05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Lebron,Bosh,Wade somehow all sign in Miami!.Lookout Boston's big 3.

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
http://blog.al.com/bargain-mom/2009/07/medium_bookit.gif

:laugh:
I always did like your sense of humor JNA. ;)

xabial
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I believe most if not all knick fans dream scenario would be to S&T David Lee for Chris Bosh. Then Sign LeBron James to a maximum contract. Trade Eddy Currys 11.3M expiring for Real value (Although i cant say for who or what)

JNA17
05-25-2010, 08:22 PM
:laugh:
I always did like your sense of humor JNA. ;)

thank you, always here to please :D

SugeKnight
05-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Warriors get Ellison as the new owner. Hire coach Byron Scott. Trade Monta Ellis, Maggette and Andris Biedrins for #2 pick and Elton Brand then hope Cousins falls to #6. Draft Pittman in the second round. Cut Brand

New Lineup
Stephen Curry | CJ Watson
Reggie Williams | Anthony Morrow
Evan Turner | Kelena Azabuike
Anthony Randolph | Brandon Wright
Demarcus Cousins | Ronny Turiaf | Dexter Pittman

Coached by Byron Scott

Raoul Duke
05-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I'd like to see The Pistons make a trade on draft day that allows them to move up and grab either Cousins or Favors. Ideally, that trade would clean up our back court logjam by moving either Rip or Gordon (I like them both, but 22 million for two shooting guards is killin' me), and allow us to keep the 7th pick. Realistically, we'd have to move Tayshaun to make it happen and we'd lose the 7th in the process.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

*Silver&Black*
05-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Somehow the Hawks get John Wall and dump Joe Johnson.

Wiz wouldn't want anybody from the Hawks besides Horford would they? :)

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Warriors get Ellison as the new owner. Hire coach Byron Scott. Trade Monta Ellis, Maggette and Andris Biedrins for #2 pick and Elton Brand then hope Cousins falls to #6. Draft Pittman in the second round. Cut Brand

New Lineup
Stephen Curry | CJ Watson
Reggie Williams | Anthony Morrow
Evan Turner | Kelena Azabuike
Anthony Randolph | Brandon Wright
Demarcus Cousins | Ronny Turiaf | Dexter Pittman

Coached by Byron Scott

You could probably get away with trading Maggette & Biedrins alone, for the #2 pick & Brand. I think throwing in Monta would land you guys Iggy as well. Anyway, you should keep Maggette, and try to find a decent S&T for him later on next season for a guy like Rip Hamilton.

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 08:31 PM
thank you, always here to please :D

;) Good.

SugeKnight
05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
You could probably get away with trading Maggette & Biedrins alone, for the #2 pick & Brand. I think throwing in Monta would land you guys Iggy as well. Anyway, you should keep Maggette, and try to find a decent S&T for him later on next season for a guy like Rip Hamilton.

That would be dope

olrales
05-25-2010, 08:40 PM
My wish for this offseason is to rest REALLY well all players so they will be able to stay healthy all season long next year!!!

We have all the pieces for a championship...we have a real good young team, but when need to be healthy!!!! lol

randomness
05-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Although this will never happen...

Trade Turkoglu, Belinelli and 13th for Al Jefferson.
Trade Weems, Evans, Banks, and Calderon for Igoudala.
Get Daren Collison in a deal involving Bargnani.
Re-sign Amir Johnson, Antoine Wright, Joey Dorsey and Rasho Nesterovic.
Sign Travis Outlaw and Brad Miller.
Buy 3 late first rounders - early 2nd rounders and draft:
Warren, Crawford, Pondexter

Jefferson/Miller/Nesterovic
Bosh/Johnson/Dorsey
Igoudala/Outlaw/Pondexter
DeRozan/Wright/Crawford
Collison/Jack/Warren

:speechless:

Lord Leoshes
05-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Trade Beasley, Cook, Jones, & a 2011-1st to WAS for a 2012 top 10 protected pick, & their 2010 2nd 34th pick, & a TPE.

Resign Wade, sign Bron, Bosh, to max contracts
Sign Haslem, & Wright for 5mil.
Sign Bell, Arroyo, Anthony, at the min.
Bring in Beverley, & dozier from over seas.
Draft 18th Ekpe Udoh , 34th Quincy Pondexter, 41st Jarvis Varnado, 42 nd Jerome Jordan, 48th Dexter Pittman.

Chalmers - Arroyo - Beverley
Wade - Bell - Pondexter
Bron - Wright - Dozier
Bosh - Haslem - Udoh - Varnado
Anthony - BIG CAT at min - Jordan - Pitman -

Two of them go's over sees to play, or the D-League.

GspLAL
05-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Pick up a defensive minded PG who can hit the 3.

Get rid of Sasha + Farmar

Keep Everyone else including PJ

Pick up a solid backup center.

OT Thriller
05-25-2010, 08:45 PM
The Bobcats move out of Charlotte and New Orleans moves the Hornets back to Charlotte!!!!

sixerfixer
05-25-2010, 08:49 PM
That would be dope

Speaking of " DOPE " You and that Radiant guy must be on a ALOT of it to think that Maggs & Biedrins could remotely get you Brand and the 2nd pick.
And Monta Ellis..PLEASE. He's a no-defense playing offensive Guard. We have Lou Williams. And statistically, Lou has better Offense then Ellis. I mean 25.5 Pts on 22 + shot attempts per game for Monta as Opposed to 14 Pts on just 10.6 shots a game for Lou. And Lou is a better rebounder per minute and defender. But you think that Maggs-Biedrins and Monta gets Brand-# 2...AND IGGY ?!!

Absolutely F'ING Hilarious!!

goose15
05-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Sign n trade Lee for Bosh/Amare
Sign Lebron
Trade Willson Chandler for Rubio
Sign a shot-blocking C

fadedmario
05-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Detroit Pistons - get rid of Hamilton, Prince, and Maxiell

Give Austin Daye more playing time (start him over Jerebko)
Trade up with Wolves for the 4th pick and draft Cousins (actually could happen)
Start Ben Gordon
Sign Brendan Haywood if available
Do not offer contract to Will Bynum (exciting player but overrated)

All of this could happen. Unlikely to get rid of both Hamilton and Prince. I could almost guarantee one of them will be gone before next season.

Longshot idea - Sign-and-trade with Grizzlies for Rudy Gay

jackdawson
05-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Somehow, someway, The Magic pull in Dwyane Wade, and get rid of Vince Carter. With that being said, we complete our puzzle, and add the final championship piece.

Oh, NO! You have just pulled my heart out Radi!!

mk83
05-25-2010, 09:04 PM
I think if we do these steps we can have this team next season:
1.. trade beasley + cook + Jones + 2 !st rounders ours and toronto for the raptors for chris bosh
2.now that you have wade and bosh your chances of landing lebron will increase
3.the three have to agree to take 15 ml start salary of thjier max contract
4.now haywood is a free agent you should convince him to join the big3 but he will need a long contract so you give it to him.
5. haslem will get a lot of offer for his services but i think when he see the new team will resign for the 4.5 ml
6. all the other players will be happy to play for the min.

now here is my perfect team

Dwayne Wade
Reja Bell
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Brandon Haywood

Patrick Beverly
Rasul Buttler
Dorell Wright
Udanos Haslem
Joel Anthony

3 2nd rounders
Jamal Maglore

please give me you thoughts !!!!!!!!!!
it's my first thread ever

bosoxlover12
05-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Amaré, Wade, Bosh, LeBron sign with Grizzlies

Amare-Bosh-LBJ-Mayo-Wade!!!

then they release everybody else, fire all coaches, and sign everybody to min. contracts, because otherwise the Grzz could not sign nada!

MGB
05-25-2010, 09:10 PM
If somehow the Bulls got LeBron and Bosh... A lineup of Rose/LeBron/Deng/Bosh/Noah would be AMAZING.

sign LBJ outright and then do a s&t of Kirk, 2011 1st, and Taj for Bosh; or do the reverse and sign Bosh outright with the s&t for LBJ. Not gonna happen, but I can always dream

cav_till_i_die
05-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Somehow Dirk, Lebron, and Phil Jackson.

jimbobjarree
05-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Jazz- get a legit 7 foot dominant defensive center and re-sign Wesley Matthews longterm

cmellofan15
05-25-2010, 09:22 PM
get david lee (not very likely) kenyon martin opt out (unfathomable)

unleashthebeast
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Lebron,Bosh,Wade somehow all sign in Miami!.Lookout Boston's big 3.

exactly! and this could definetely happen too, its not just a dream. they are all going to dinner together soon to discuss the off season, and as soon as they realize that miami is the only place they can all play together under the cap, they could either all decide to take a $2 million paycut or tell pat riley to trade away beasley,cook,jones and our first rounder, (which anyone who is rebuilding would accept, like the wizards) and then they can all sign for the max! thats automatically the best team in the nba for the next 5+ years

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm gonna make 2 lists, one with Bosh re-signing, and one with him leaving.
FIRST LIST:
1) Bosh re-signs
2) Trade with 76ers: Calderon + Weems for Iggy + Ivey
3) Sign Dampier or Haywood
4) Trade with Hornets: Bargnani for Darren Collison and Posey
5) Draft Hassan Whiteside
6) Resign Amir Johnson

Lineup (starters are first, followed by bench players):
PG: Collison/Jack
SG: Iggy/Derozan
SF: Hedo/Posey
PF: Bosh/Amir
C: Dampier or Haywood/ Whiteside

SECOND LIST:
1) S&T Bosh to LA for Bynum and Farmar
2) Draft Hassan Whiteside
3) Trade with Houston: Calderon for Kyle Lowry
4) Sign defensive minded/3pt shooting wing player...(Raja Bell for example)
5) Re-sign Amir Johnson

Lineup:
PG: Lowry/Jack
SG: Derozan/Bell
SF: Hedo/Weems
PF: Bargnani/Amir
C: Bynum/Whiteside

lol tried to make this as realistic as possible

thescore53
05-25-2010, 09:34 PM
raptors trade for devin harris, resign bosh. keep hedo(dont know why)

then every major fa stays, and not teams improve in any way, except raptors

FarOutIos
05-25-2010, 09:38 PM
How about the kings signing and trading for Dirk and D-Wade. A starting back court of D-Wade and Tyreke would be nice.

Their getting in the paint would give Dirk some open outside shots. He would also draw out the big men nicely.

bigsams50
05-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Resign Felton, trade away Boris Diaw for a legit big man.

Raph12
05-25-2010, 09:48 PM
1. Fire Stan and hire Phil/Avery/Hubie/Larry

2. Trade Carter ($18m expiring next season)

3. Try to trade Shard (maybe package deal with VC for Iggy+Brand)

4. Trade Pietrus for a less trigger happy wing (maybe Raja Bell)

5. Resign Barnes and Redick

6. Trade Gortat+Bass for a real 4 (maybe Boozer)

7. Trade Ryan Anderson for a young/decent backup pg (maybe Kirk Hinrich or CJ Watson)

8. Sign a decent backup center (maybe Brendan Haywood)

Ideal lineup:
PG - Jameer Nelson/Kirk Hinrich/CJ Watson
SG - Andre Igoudala/JJ Redick
SF - Matt Barnes/Raja Bell
PF - Carlos Boozer/Elton Brand
C - Dwight Howard/Brendan Haywood
Coach - Phil Jackson/Avery Johnson/Hubie Brown/Larry Brown

I personally don't like Jameer and think we need a more pass-first PG, but he's Dwight's best friend and considered to be one of the leaders on the team, doubt he's traded. Of course everything in here is speculation, but even if a few of those moves are made, we'll be a much better team for it.

Sadds The Gr8
05-25-2010, 10:08 PM

That Gortat and Bass for Boozer is a good one...I never thought of that. If it happened, Gortat gets what he wants and becomes a starting Center. Bass will get a lot of playing time behind Millsap.

I don't think the Haywood addition would work because I don't think he'd wanna play limited mins behind Howard...He complained about coming off the bench in Dallas so I don't think he'd wanna warm the bench for D12. Haywood is a legit starting C and deserves to start. I think Orlando could pickup a Center that can just come in and put it 15 mins a game...like Rasho Nesterovic for example. They don't need a good center to backup D12...just a decent one.

Sixerlover
05-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Sixers - Get an intelligent coach CHECK
Draft Evan Turner #2
Look at all potential Iggy or Thad + Lou trade offers.

Kakaroach
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Utah Jazz

Re-sign Wesley Matthews
S&T Boozer
Draft Cole Aldrich or Greg Monroe with the #9 pick

Daze9900
05-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Lebron.

Venomous88
05-25-2010, 11:28 PM
1. Pat Riley returns to Head Coach
2. Re-Sign Wade
3. Sign Bosh
4. Trade Beasley & Chalmers for Harris
5. Sign Rudy Gay to a small contract
6. Sign Haywood if possible somehow
7. Re-sign Arroyo, Haslem, Richardson, Wright and Anthony

Line up to look like this

Devin Harris/Arroyo
Dwyane Wade/Cook/Wright
Rudy Gay/Richardson
Chris Bosh/Haslem
Brendan Haywood/Anthony

That would guarantee a trip to the ECF if not the Finals

nearyG
05-25-2010, 11:34 PM
raptors get rid of bargnani, calderon, turkoglu...
re-sign bosh and amir johnson, sign wade, haywood, rudy gay lol
i knows its not realistic but if colangelo could pull that one off, he'd be god

ldc62
05-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Raptors: Wizards are dumb and decide to trade Wall to us for this years pick, year after next years pick and Calderon. Then we trade Demar Derozan and Amir Johnson to 76ers for Iggy. Then Bosh decides to stay (Not that I want him that badly...). Bargnani suddenly wants to rebound. Hedo finds the fountain of youth... making him young and fit again.

Starters: Wall, Iggy, [Young]Hedo, Bosh, Bargnani[that can get 10 boards a game]

Rockets: Yao finds the fountain of youth and the elixer of life. Lebrick decides that playing next to the Chinese superstar would be smart. Daryl Morey (AKA Genius) moves up in the draft so we can get Favors.
Starters: Brooks, KMart, Lebrick, Favors, Yao 6th Man: Ariza

ldc62
05-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Jazz- get a legit 7 foot dominant defensive center and re-sign Wesley Matthews longterm

How many of those still exists? Dwight is 6 10 btw.

irobson
05-25-2010, 11:58 PM
wizards win the draft
wiz trade gilbert for rudy gay
wiz sign lebron
wiz sign bosh

we won the draft...now we have to sign lebron and bosh

projected lineup:

Wall/Foye
Gay/Young/Miller
Lebon/Howard/Thorton
Blache/Oberto
Bosh/Mcgee

Lloyd Christmas
05-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Warriors-

Larry Ellison buys the team and fires everybody except for Nellie. Then after the draft fires him and hires Jerry West as G.M.

Then Biedrins, Wright, Randolph, Azibuike, and Turiaf some how get healthy and by some miracle stay healthy and play to their potential (impossible I know). Oh ya, plus Monta goes back to Monta from 2 years ago and everyone learns how to play defense (even more impossible)

Lakerfrk
05-26-2010, 12:24 AM

Collison/Fisher
Kobe/Brown
Artest/Luke
Pau/Odom
Okafor/Mbenga

I wouldn't mind Collison being our future. He seems to be solid, plays decent defense, and seems like he would have a healthier career than Bynum. Okafor plays good defense and he's almost a guaranteed 10/10 night in and night out.

Never thought of this before... but this is a great deal.... (Plus, we can sign another big with the MLE)

soonabooma
05-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I'd like to pick up Haywood and Lee. Both would be great additions to our team and adding a couple of players of their caliber would easily give us one of the deepest rotations in the league. We could use more shooters, but we'd still get our points regardless, we don't live and die by it the way Phoenix and Orlando do. And even though it would appear that we have Lee/Green/Ibaka/Collison all playing the same position, they would all be interchangeable at PF/C, maybe not Green so much, but the other three certainly can. So we'd have a heck of a rotation. Our 2nd unit would be good enough to be a starting lineup.

Starting 5

Westbrook
Sefolosha
Durant
Lee
Haywood

Bench

Green
Harden
Ibaka
Maynor
Collison

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Raptors: Wizards are dumb and decide to trade Wall to us for this years pick, year after next years pick and Calderon. Then we trade Demar Derozan and Amir Johnson to 76ers for Iggy. Then Bosh decides to stay (Not that I want him that badly...). Bargnani suddenly wants to rebound. Hedo finds the fountain of youth... making him young and fit again.

Starters: Wall, Iggy, [Young]Hedo, Bosh, Bargnani[that can get 10 boards a game]

Rockets: Yao finds the fountain of youth and the elixer of life. Lebrick decides that playing next to the Chinese superstar would be smart. Daryl Morey (AKA Genius) moves up in the draft so we can get Favors.
Starters: Brooks, KMart, Lebrick, Favors, Yao 6th Man: Ariza

:laugh2:

abe_froman
05-26-2010, 01:52 AM
1. Fire Stan and hire Phil/Avery/Hubie/Larry

2. Trade Carter ($18m expiring next season)

3. Try to trade Shard (maybe package deal with VC for Iggy+Brand)

4. Trade Pietrus for a less trigger happy wing (maybe Raja Bell)

5. Resign Barnes and Redick

7. Trade Ryan Anderson for a young/decent backup pg (maybe Kirk Hinrich or CJ Watson)

Ideal lineup:
PG - Jameer Nelson/Kirk Hinrich/CJ Watson
SG - Andre Igoudala/JJ Redick
SF - Matt Barnes/Raja Bell
PF - Carlos Boozer/Elton Brand
C - Dwight Howard/Brendan Haywood
Coach - Phil Jackson/Avery Johnson/Hubie Brown/Larry Brown

I personally don't like Jameer and think we need a more pass-first PG, but he's Dwight's best friend and considered to be one of the leaders on the team, doubt he's traded. Of course everything in here is speculation, but even if a few of those moves are made, we'll be a much better team for it.
i'd love that hinrich for anderson deal alot

Salvy123
05-26-2010, 11:30 AM
wizards win the draft
wiz trade gilbert for rudy gay
wiz sign lebron
wiz sign bosh

we won the draft...now we have to sign lebron and bosh

projected lineup:

Wall/Foye
Gay/Young/Miller
Lebon/Howard/Thorton
Blache/Oberto
Bosh/Mcgee

:faint::drool:

:pray: Please Let A Miracle Happen... :pray:

igPay atinLay
05-26-2010, 12:04 PM
76ers trade Iggy to Utah for the 9th pick and for a bad contract that matches or is close enough to be allowed by the league (I think within 10%).

Take a hard nosed vetran with some leadership at the MLE to help mentor the young guys. Draft Turner 2 and Cole Aldrich 9. Try and trade Brand maybe package him with Lou Williams for expiring contracts (1 or 2 years remaining), keep Sammy for a year and let him walk after his contract expires freeing up money.

starting 5:

PG: Holliday
SG: Turner
F: Young
F: Spegihts (or Brand if you can't move him)
C: Dalembert (split time with Aldrich)

I actually this is realistic. I have not completely given up on the idea the Brand could become a 20 - 10 or 18 - 7 guy again.

NBAfan4life
05-26-2010, 12:33 PM

Collison/Fisher
Kobe/Brown
Artest/Luke
Pau/Odom
Okafor/Mbenga

I love this. Anything similar I would be happy with... Also I would like shannon brown resigned

SouljahPhil...
05-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Sign and trade bOsh and jack for Bynum.,farmar and sasha..
or
Bosh/calderon
for
Bynum/Puke/farmar

Sign Tmac/Morrow or any other sg/sf who can create shots with the mle
Bring in JO/Shaq/kurt thomas or any big who wants to play for the vets/min

JOSKOMANG4
05-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Knicks!

1) S&T w/ Suns. David Lee(5yr 60mill) for A'Mare Stoudamire(max contract)

2) Sign SG Joe JOhnson 5yr 82.5 mill(16.5 mill per)

3) Sign PF Al Harrington to MLE

4) Trade for a PG. Trade Eddie Curry(expiring contract) to Chicago Bulls for (PG) K.Hinrich(3yrs remaining on contract. Bulls will make this deal b/c they need a backup center and they like the idea of relinquishing the remaining years & money off of Kirk Hinrich's contract.

5) Draft. 2 2nd rd picks: PF Stanley Robinson, Uconn & PG Scottie Reynolds, Uconn

6) pick up team options for JR Giddens(SG) & (PF/SF) Bill Walker. Pick up qualifying offer for SG/PG Sergio Rodriguez.

Lineup:

C) A'Mare
PF) AL Harrington /S.Robinson
SF) D'Gallanari/ W.chandler(6th man) / Bill Walker
SG) J.Johnson / T.Douglass/ JR Giddens
PG) K.Hinrich / S.Rodriguez / Scottie Reynolds.

Raph12
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
i'd love that hinrich for anderson deal alot

Both he and Bass rot on the bench, if we get Boozer for Gortat+Bass, we could afford to trade Anderson and getting a pass-first defensive-minded point like Hinrich off the bench playing 24-30mpg would be great for us.

FairWeatherFan?
05-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Cavs trade a package of West, Szcerbiak, Moon, Telfair (all expirings) and Jamison for CB4 and Hedo or CP3 and Okafor. Potential Starting 5's:

PG: LeBron
SG: Parker
SF: Hedo
PF: Bosh
C: Varejao

Bench: Hickson, Powe, Williamsses(Mo and Jawad) Gibson, Green

PG: CP3
SG: Parker
SF: LeBron
PF: Hickson
C: Okafor

Bench: Varejao, Powe, Williamsses (Mo and Jawad), Gibson, Green,

Tell Shaq we would like him back but only as a body. The offense will not run through him and he will have less designed plays than Varejao.

MLE to a young big

Coach: Jeff Van Gundy

Everyone loves a pipe dream

thebusnotjerome
05-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Celtics start building for the future

montybeasty
05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Dallas
Labron
Puchulia
Atl 1st

Cleveland
Johnson
Terry
Dal 2rd

Atlanta
Dampier 13 million with a 1 million dollar buy out
Butler
cleveland 2011 1rd pick

Line-up
Kidd roddy
Labron ATL 1rd
Marion labron
Dirk gooden
Haywood puchulia

Paulliwali
05-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Rocket's:

Move up draft for Derrick Favours
Resign Lowery
Sign and trade with Toronto and somehow get Bosh without Hedo or Calderon
Have Yao healthy for the full year PLUS playoffs

Brooks/Lowery
Martin/Battier
Ariza/Budinger
Bosh/Favours
Yao/Hill

ohreally
05-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Trade Gallo and Curry's expiring for Okafor and Collison
Trade Chandler, Toney Douglas, Billy Walker, Al Harrington and considerations for Thabeet and OJ Mayo
Sign Amir Johnson, Travis Outlaw, Raymond Felton, and Linas Kleiza

Okafor
Lee
Kleiza
Mayo
Collison

Felton
Outlaw
Johnson Thabeet
2nd round: Dominique Jones
2nd Round: DeSean Butler

Memphis doesn't seem thrilled with Thabeet, was trying to trade Mayo to Golden State, and needs bench help. Everyone they would be getting can score, and Chandler and Douglas would help improve their defense a bit. Hey, you never know.

Knicks forum is always postulating Chandler and Curry's expiring for Okafor and Collison, but I don't think Chandler's potential would ever swing this. MAYBE Gallo would, if they really want that expiring they would be getting back a guy with lots of potential. Maybe we could throw Earl Barron in too.

I think odds are still that LeBron stays in Cleveland, Bosh in a trade to Lakers is looking like it could help both teams, I think Amare is staying in Phoenix, I expect Wade to stay in Miami, Dirk to stay in Dallas. We might be able to do Joe Johnson but Atlanta will probably outspend us. Miami, Chicago, New Jersey. and unless the Magic get real lucky, Orlando getting in on sign and trades along with Dallas and Utah, and there is real competition for any of the big names, not much of an existing team to draw anyone, and the fact that if you don't win in New York your reputation will suffer more than it ever would elsewhere, all call for alternative strategies.

awmathewsjr
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Rockets sign Amare Stoudamire and somehow get Manu Ginobli to sign the MLE.
C Yao/ Jordan Hill
PF A. Stoudamire/ L. Scola
SF T. Ariza/ S. Battier
SG K. Martin/ M. Ginobli
PG A. Brooks/ Lowry

pd7631
05-26-2010, 03:21 PM
1.) Hire a coach that has a brain, understands that it all starts on the defensive end, and understands the strengths and weaknesses of his own team.....(check)

2.) Draft Evan Turner

3.) Trade Andre Iguodala + Willie Green to New Orleans for Peja Stojakovic($15 mil expiring) and the 11th pick

4.) Draft Hassan Whiteside, Cole Aldrich, or Donatas Motiejunas with the 11th pick(assuming 1 of them is available)

5.) bring back Allen Iverson

PG-Jrue Holiday
SG-Evan Turner
SF-Thaddeus Young
PF-Elton Brand
C-Samuel Dalembert
------------------------
BN-Allen Iverson
BN-Lou Williams
BN-Marreese Speights
BN-Jason Kapono
BN-Whiteside/Aldrich/Motiejunas
BN-Peja Stojakovic
BN-Jason Smith or Jodie Meeks

At the trade deadline we can then move any combination of the expiring contracts of Dalembert($12 mil), Kapono($6 mil) or Stojakovic($15 mil) for a high quality player from a team looking to dump salary

or

Let those contracts expire at the end of the year, clearing $33 mil off of our cap. Which, after signing players like Thad Young and next year's draft choice, would leave us with around $10-$12 million in cap room to add a very nice player to our young core of Turner, Holiday, Young, Speights, Williams, and Whiteside/Aldrich/Motiejunas.

This would give us a highly competitive team next year, and also leave us in very good shape for the long term. Also, at the end of this upcoming season, Elton Brand will only have 2 more years on his deal, which really means 1 more year, because once his contract becomes an expiring, he should be fairly easy to move to a team trying to dump salary.

That's my dream scenario right there.

C_Mund
05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
I think there's so many options for the raps....I'd just like to see a summer where we don't overpay for players. Let's make a few good trades and signings, make some steps in the right direction. I don't expect a massive return, but I'd like to NOT get fleeced for Bosh.
All in all, this is Colangelo's last bash. If he doesn't get rid of Hedo or Calderon and doesn't get us a couple good pieces for CB he's out. That's my dream.

X12Celtics3
05-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Celtics: Keep Tom Thibodeau, resign Ray Allen, draft somebody who will actually stay with the team.

mser58
05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Dream?

Sixers dump iggy, sammy d and brands contract (remember, dream) via trade to Knicks, swap 1st rouund picks. we'll give them Thad too, we'll take Lee
Sign LeBron and Wade, draft Cousins

Holiday
Wade
LeBron
Lee
Cousins

Lo Porto
05-26-2010, 03:41 PM
For the Utah Jazz:

- Draft Cole Aldrich #9 in the NBA Draft
- Trade Matt Harpring's $6.5 trade exception for James Posey and the #11 pick in the draft (use on Xavier Henry)
- Trade Kosta Koufos for a late 1st or early 2nd round pick
- Re-sign Wes Matthews at less than $4 million a year
- Sign & Trade Boozer to Orlando for Gortat & JJ Reddick (he'd also have to be S&T since he's a restricted free agent.)
- Trade AK47 to the Nets for massive cap relief once they don't sign a top free agent

unleashthebeast
05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Rockets sign Amare Stoudamire and somehow get Manu Ginobli to sign the MLE.
C Yao/ Jordan Hill
PF A. Stoudamire/ L. Scola
SF T. Ariza/ S. Battier
SG K. Martin/ M. Ginobli
PG A. Brooks/ Lowry

manu is no longer a free agent. he signed an extension

njnets
05-26-2010, 03:50 PM
new jersey nets

sign lebron to max contract
sign david lee to fill the cap (about 10-12 million i think)
draft evan turner at # 3 (hopefully)
if not trade the pick for a good SG who is a role player
sign a backup center
keep yi for marketing purposes
if needed, sign a backup SF for depth
hire a new coach obviously (not sure who i want them to get)

new lineup:

harris/dooling
SG/twill/lee
lebron/twill/SF
lee/yi
lopez/backup C

this will NEVER happen but one can dream...

D-Will4Prez
05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Jazz offseason:

Draft Greg Monroe
S&T Boozer for Deng
Resign Wes Matthews
Trade AK and Miles for an all-star or a couple role-players
Trade Okur for a real center.

I would honestly be extremely happy with any 2 of these :)

Lo Porto
05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
1.) Hire a coach that has a brain, understands that it all starts on the defensive end, and understands the strengths and weaknesses of his own team.....(check)

2.) Draft Evan Turner

3.) Trade Andre Iguodala + Willie Green to New Orleans for Peja Stojakovic($15 mil expiring) and the 11th pick

4.) Draft Hassan Whiteside, Cole Aldrich, or Donatas Motiejunas with the 11th pick(assuming 1 of them is available)

5.) bring back Allen Iverson

You've got some good ideas here for Philly. I'd only adjust one thing. If the trade was Iguodala for Peja and #11, I think NO does it. They wouldn't do it with Green because they'd be spending too much money. Doing it without Willie Green allows NO to save $3 million which puts them in striking distance of getting under the luxury for next year (they'd need to cut a couple million more to get under the luxury). As we all know, NO is not a team that's going to pay the luxury.

SA5195
05-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Raptors

1. Re-sign: Bosh and Amir Johnson
2. Trade Jose, Evans, and Banks
3. Sign Reymond Felton, or buy the 24th pick from ATL and draft Avery Bradley
4. Somehow get Iggy
5. Draft Whiteside with the 13th pick

Felton(or Bradley)/Jack
Iggy/Derozan/Marco
Hedo/Weems
Bosh/Amir/Dorsey
Bargs/Whiteside

JerzeyFresh
05-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Sixers:

1-Draft Evan Turner
2-Trade Iggy for Kevin Love

Lineup
Holiday/Lou Will
Turner/Jodie Meeks
Thad/Kapono
Love/Brand/
Sammy/Speights

BOSTON617
05-26-2010, 04:53 PM
celtics

sign allen for vet min

since its a dream

sign d-wade

Rivera
05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
orlando:

since this is a dream

somehow some way get a sign and trade done!! either wade/bosh/dirk

i say orlando only needs 1 of these players

trade for hinrich for anderson n filler

as long as we can get rid of carter for some decent players n get another REAL 4 to take some pressure away from dwight in the paint n put rashard lewis back in the SF position im good i wanna see bass play more

Kyben36
05-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Bulls sign Bosh in FA

Bulls trade #17 pick for Rudy fernandez, a guy who wants out, and is coming off a bad year.

Bulls sign MIke miller
Bulls resign Brad miller and Acie law

Bulls linup

Rose/Hinrich/Law
Rudy/ MIke MIller/ Hinrich
Deng/MIke miller/ James Johnson
Bosh/ Taj Gibson/ Noah
Noah/ Miller/ Asik