PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem reaches out to D12 before game 4

shep33
05-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Kinda a cool article. D12 sure did look a lot more focued out there, when he's in that mindset he's pretty darn good. I mean Celtics have the toughest frontline in the NBA and D12 actually outworked them yesterday.

Either way something to read about if your sick of all the free agent speculation:

Link:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en_fuego/2010/05/hakeem-reaches-out-to-dwight-howard-before-big-game.html

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Patrick, you are dismissed.

AI4MVP
05-25-2010, 03:59 PM
yeah. iv been hating on dwight alot over the last few days, but the dude stepped it up last night. i mean the dude has alot of potential. he could be potentially the most unstoppable player in the league if he really worked on his game.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 04:00 PM

bingo.

shep33
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Haha, gotta remember Pat got beat by him in 94.

Hakeem is becoming the Yoda of NBA players

- Works with Kobe, who is arguably the best post playing guard in the league
- I read something about Al Jefferson wanting to work with Hakeem... could be wrong on this one
- Now he gives advice to D12... If I were D12 I'd tag along with Al Jefferson this summer... could you imagine Dwight with just like 2 of Hakeems moves?

Slimsim
05-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Celtics gave orlando that game last Night. And Celtics played Awful as well.

ko8e24
05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
I love Hakeem. One of the greatest guys anyone will ever meet.

Kudos to THE DREAM!:clap:

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Celtics gave orlando that game last Night. And Celtics played Awful as well.

No. Just be quiet.

Raoul Duke
05-25-2010, 05:06 PM

Right you are. Nothing against Ewing, but he's been working with Howard for like two or three years now. I think it's time for a new sensei.

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Right you are. Nothing against Ewing, but he's been working with Howard for like two or three years now. I think it's time for a new sensei.

If Hakeem can pep-talk Dwight, and Dwight can go out and get 34 Points, 16 Rebounds, and 4 Blocks, Ewing's not doing something right, and I wouldn't be surprised if Otis let Ewing go. He's good, but he's not expanding Howard's game any, and it's become apparent. I want to see Howard work with Hakeem, if at all possible, or Kareem. Patrick is great, but I don't think Dwight's picking up an offensive repertoire from him.

Verbal Christ
05-25-2010, 05:25 PM
kind of hard for ewing to show dwight the intricacies of the the 15 foot jumpshot when dwight has no offensive game outside the 5 foot box. i see dwight becoming Big Ben V 2.0 --- Dream can at least show him how to use his athleticism to manipulate the lane and get closer since shooting isnt his forte, and ewings strength was never banging down low.

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 05:27 PM
I say we still give it a few years. Dwight's still only 24. Nobody has expected anything of other men his age. To their speculation, on other players, they're still young, but for Dwight, it's, do it now, because you haven't done it in 4 seasons.

TheKing23
05-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I say we still give it a few years. Dwight's still only 24. Nobody has expected anything of other men his age. To their speculation, on other players, they're still young, but for Dwight, it's, do it now, because you haven't done it in 4 seasons.

I understand what your saying man, but next year will be Dwight's 7th year in the league...

If he was gonna develop into an offensive force he would've done it by now. He just doesn't have the touch around the basket and it's not something you can teach. Some have it, some don't and unfortunately Dwight doesn't.

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I understand what your saying man, but next year will be Dwight's 7th year in the league...

If he was gonna develop into an offensive force he would've done it by now. He just doesn't have the touch around the basket and it's not something you can teach. Some have it, some don't and unfortunately Dwight doesn't.

Well, I have to disagree. For one thing, I understand this is his sixth season in the league, but you have to take a few things into account. Dwight's played a bigger role on defense, than he's ever had to play on offense, his entire career. He's known as a defensive force, and has never really had a real run at the offensive approach. His role on this team, is the strong defender, and the best defender. We never run plays, or try to get Dwight involved on the other end. You know what they say, "Practice Makes Perfect." In this case though, Dwight hasn't even had a chance to practice, because we're so reliant on the three.

Dwight hasn't been able to experiment with his post-game because he rarely gets real touches on the offensive end. Even yesterday though, without many touches, he dropped thirty-two points, without ever really using REAL post-game. Imagine what he could do if he learns a post-game. We still need to give him a season or two. Trust me.

Russollini
05-25-2010, 05:58 PM

You are so right D12 stinks, trade him to the Heat for Beas and 4 draft picks :D

Raph12
05-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Dwight needs to train with Hakeem, maybe the Magic mgmt should hire him as a assistant, sort of as a mentor for Dwight... At the very least, Dwight should spend a couple of summers training with him.

ldc62
05-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Haha, gotta remember Pat got beat by him in 94.

Hakeem is becoming the Yoda of NBA players

- Works with Kobe, who is arguably the best post playing guard in the league
- I read something about Al Jefferson wanting to work with Hakeem... could be wrong on this one
- Now he gives advice to D12... If I were D12 I'd tag along with Al Jefferson this summer... could you imagine Dwight with just like 2 of Hakeems moves?

add Yao... even tho hes been injured, after he got those practice sessions with Hakeem, his moves got way better.

Jahari Kavi
05-26-2010, 05:25 AM
i don't know pat does with dwight, but i was never pleased with yao's improvement when pat was helpin him with his game...but yeah...Dream always looking to help the young generation...jus another reason why he's my favorite of all time (in any sport)

magichatnumber9
05-26-2010, 06:59 AM
I think Patrick should just quit and find a big man that will actually listen. This guy will never get a head coaching position now.

iHoop
05-26-2010, 08:24 AM
I know this was said before but if Hakeem could work with Dwight the whole off season...watch out because he will become unstoppable. Ewing was a great big back in the day but you can't get any better then Hakeem The DREAM!

Mr.ATLHawks
05-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Dwight is playing in his 6th NBA season currently....I think people are starting to get worried he has reached his ceiling offensively and quite frankly I am a believer in that. D12 doesnt play with fire, which is essential to be competitive. We have a player with a similar problem (Joe Johnson). All the Championship teams have that player BOS(KG), LA(Kobe), SA(Duncan)....who kick and scratch and refuse to roll over and die....D12 needs to develop that edge and stop trying to be so got damn nice to everyone...

Mr.ATLHawks
05-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Hakeem is alot quicker and more elusive then D12 but I think any improvement would be better then what he is now....

RadiantShot
05-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Dwight is playing in his 6th NBA season currently....I think people are starting to get worried he has reached his ceiling offensively and quite frankly I am a believer in that. D12 doesnt play with fire, which is essential to be competitive. We have a player with a similar problem (Joe Johnson). All the Championship teams have that player BOS(KG), LA(Kobe), SA(Duncan)....who kick and scratch and refuse to roll over and die....D12 needs to develop that edge and stop trying to be so got damn nice to everyone...

Did you read my other post below..?

Well, I have to disagree. For one thing, I understand this is his sixth season in the league, but you have to take a few things into account. Dwight's played a bigger role on defense, than he's ever had to play on offense, his entire career. He's known as a defensive force, and has never really had a real run at the offensive approach. His role on this team, is the strong defender, and the best defender. We never run plays, or try to get Dwight involved on the other end. You know what they say, "Practice Makes Perfect." In this case though, Dwight hasn't even had a chance to practice, because we're so reliant on the three.

Dwight hasn't been able to experiment with his post-game because he rarely gets real touches on the offensive end. Even yesterday though, without many touches, he dropped thirty-two points, without ever really using REAL post-game. Imagine what he could do if he learns a post-game. We still need to give him a season or two. Trust me.

Also, bolded part. I disagree. It's not like he doesn't have that 'fire' inside. What do you expect him to do with no offensive repertoire? It's easy to blame a person for not having passion, fire, or motive, but in actuality, what if he just can't, because he lacks the skill to do so? I'm confident he'll come back next season ready to play, but I hate when people throw out comments about not having 'fire.' What do you consider, 'fire?' Is it when you put on a mean-face, bang your head on the foam of the Basketball hoop, then yell at the top of your lungs?

Italicized part is basically the same. And I don't know what 'fire' Duncan has. He has a more amazing skill-set than Dwight will probably ever have. It's not impossible, but let's be honest now. I agree on Kobe, from what I've seen from him, and KG is relatively similar, but I disagree on how you define fire. I think Dwight has plenty, but he lacks the offensive ability.

knickfan4life
05-26-2010, 09:25 AM
If Hakeem can pep-talk Dwight, and Dwight can go out and get 34 Points, 16 Rebounds, and 4 Blocks, Ewing's not doing something right, and I wouldn't be surprised if Otis let Ewing go. He's good, but he's not expanding Howard's game any, and it's become apparent. I want to see Howard work with Hakeem, if at all possible, or Kareem. Patrick is great, but I don't think Dwight's picking up an offensive repertoire from him.

i think his defense has increased a LOT since coming into the league, i think they havent really looked into his offense yet. also, him gettin 34 points makes him quite dangerous offensively. but yes, he does not have a post game nor a shot, he needs to develop primarily a post game and then a shot would be nice.