PDA

View Full Version : Donaghy claims officials have helped the Suns and Magic

STAT32
05-25-2010, 01:33 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/112561/index.html?eref=fromSI

Tim Donaghy claims that officials have given the benefit of the calls to both Orlando and Phoenix in an effort to extend the series for the financial benefit of the league. He points to a specific example in which Jameer Nelson was fouled.

Interesting that he also claims the Suns will receive beneficial calls in Game 4 to tie the series up.

Thoughts everyone?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
hmm....I wondered why the lakers got 20 less FTs in game 3

if the trend continues in game 4:mad:

STAT32
05-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I wonder why the league would want to extend the series when they're a breath away from another one of their beloved Boston/Los Angeles Finals?

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM
^ More revenue in the mean time. Not saying this is happening, but that would be the explanation.

fairandbalanced
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM
omg, this guy now needs to shut up. This dude makes as much sense as sarah Palin.

STAT32
05-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Makes you wonder though, I'm surprised Stern hasn't had this guy killed yet.

king4day
05-25-2010, 01:41 PM
While I can understand the reasoning, I find it hard to believe that after what he's gone through that, Donaghy has the inside track on this. Maybe it's how they did things in the past, but not now.

And I think they would have had LA up 3-0 first. Because if you let Phoenix back in the series, (especially if you're tying it up at 2-2) then the Suns have a legit shot to win it.

I just can't see Stern taking that risk.

STAT32
05-25-2010, 01:46 PM
^^^ That's what I was thinking King, why let the Suns back into the series? If they win game 4 then there's a legitimate shot that there won't be a LAL/Boston Finals.

td0tsfinest
05-25-2010, 01:48 PM
this dude is still a live. I thought the mafia was after him.

showtym24
05-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I dont want to beleive this but some calls in the game 3 were so suspect. The one at the end of the third it was tied when shannon was just staying in front of his guy (didnt even touch him) and they called a foul really comes to mind.

JNA17
no kidding. Seriously if the BS that happened in game 3 happens in game 4, then something is up.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
^^^ That's what I was thinking King, why let the Suns back into the series? If they win game 4 then there's a legitimate shot that there won't be a LAL/Boston Finals.

Maybe they extend the series to 2-2 and then give lakers some phantom calls to win game 5

please give us some fair and square basketball:pray:

STAT32
05-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey guys, there were plenty of bad calls in games 1 and 2 as well. Do I need to bring up the Shannon Brown charge on J-Rich? J-Rich was a good three feet out of the restricted zone and he had been there for a bout 2 seconds...

Anyway, I really don't want this thread to turn into a pissing-match between Suns and Lakers fans.

carter15
05-25-2010, 01:55 PM
This is such a joke. If the refs were trying to give Magic calls then they were doing an awful job. They missed a CLEAR foul on Perkins when Vince was going for a dunk, they called a phantom travel on JJ which would have been a 3 point play, they gave Pierce every tickytack call which lef to 10 FT's in the first half. So really if they were trying to extend the series, they were doing a terrible job at it.

Iodine
05-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Donaghy has as much insider info as MF Doom

loki34
05-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Boston should have won there game,leaving the whole world watching the Suns/lakers go to a game 7...clever clever Mr.Stern

carter15
05-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh and he points to ONE little play where Nelson fell and got a foul call, did he not watch the game and see Rondo do the EXACT SAME THING on the other end. When it happened I even said all you got to do is fall down and you'll get the call, it went both ways.

Jahari Kavi
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM
i didn't think the game last night was that poorly officiated....I didn't watch the lakers and suns game all the way out the other night, but I can imagine that the lakers jacking up 32 threes had something to do with the freethrow difference.

jhood
05-25-2010, 02:05 PM
I am readin allot of the posts, and noticing it's more of a rant than anything, at the end of the day - the refs are only human like everyone else, they are goin to make mistakes, but you have to appreciate the pressure of their job, Ill be the first to say I hate bad calls, like that Durante three point against Utah - the next day, but the NBA apologized for the incorrect call, but it. Seems like they are trying to get it right,
this guy just wants attention

macc
05-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Well looks like I'm going to take that information as gold and bet on the Magic and Phoenix winning game 5.

DengelBerry
05-25-2010, 02:07 PM
no kidding. Seriously if the BS that happened in game 3 happens in game 4, then something is up.

agreed

fredo832
05-25-2010, 02:17 PM
This is the reason I wish this game was like it was back in the day. When in order to get a foul you actually have to be rough not just a little love tap. I knew this game was fixed. It just make some of realize(hopefully) that our superstars will always get the call they want. I also think that players shouldn't be a loud to talk to the refs during a game at all.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-25-2010, 02:19 PM
This is the reason I wish this game was like it was back in the day. When in order to get a foul you actually have to be rough not just a little love tap. I knew this game was fixed. It just make some of realize(hopefully) that our superstars will always get the call they want. I also think that players should be a loud to talk to the refs during a game at all.

:facepalm:

gwrighter
05-25-2010, 02:21 PM
maybe Timmy is saying that so that a whole bunch of ppl bet on the Phoenix suns so that him and his mafia buddies make a lot of cheddar cheese.

Squad13
05-25-2010, 02:28 PM
THis is stupid, you people need to stop paying attention to this man. Yes i said YOU PEOPLE :D

ecorrea
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM

lol, first time ive seen a Doom reference on PSD

unwantedplayer
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Why can't basketball be just as good as the good ol' days. Really, everyone is worried about making money instead of having fun. I want old time b-ball back.

thephoenixson28
05-25-2010, 02:34 PM
See now this gives laker fans more of a reason to say it was cuz of the refs they lost.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Uh, the Suns earned everyone of those free throws. Amare was attacking the basket and creating contact every time he did. Donaghy has absolutely no credibility. He just looks at a high disparity in free throw shot between teams, and will jump on the chance to say "See! I told you. Look how many free throws the Suns got." Its hogwash

STAT32
05-25-2010, 02:43 PM
^^^ Wow, that's awesome to see a Laker fan actually say that. Props to you.

PLAYERS FAN
05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/112561/index.html?eref=fromSI

Tim Donaghy claims that officials have given the benefit of the calls to both Orlando and Phoenix in an effort to extend the series for the financial benefit of the league. He points to a specific example in which Jameer Nelson was fouled.

Interesting that he also claims the Suns will receive beneficial calls in Game 4 to tie the series up.

Thoughts everyone?

Didn't he said David Stern is going to make sure the Cavs make it to the Finals?:laugh2: The Suns beat us fair and square! It's hard to get calls when a team is playing a zone defense. Amare just expose are weak inside defensive presences that all.

STAT1
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
hmm....I wondered why the lakers got 20 less FTs in game 3

if the trend continues in game 4:mad:

It's hard to get free throws against a zone when you're just shooting jumpshots.

STAT32
05-25-2010, 03:38 PM
32 3's for that matter.

marlinsfan24
05-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Can this *** face go away now?

AI4MVP
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
oh woah **** u donaghy!!! after the **** u pulled against the spurs, u have no right to say any **** anymore. and now if the nba gets word of this there gunna purposly give the calls to the lakers to show there arent doing what donaghy said

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah...No. Be quiet Tim. Your evil schemes aren't working. :laugh2:

thephoenixson28
05-25-2010, 04:01 PM
^^^ Wow, that's awesome to see a Laker fan actually say that. Props to you. WTF is going on with the laker fans they seem nice now, I think its a setup.

STAT32
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
I know, it's kind of alarming.

thephoenixson28
05-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Where is USMCLakerfan I need someone to talk stuff too.

Teeboy1487
05-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Despite those FTs, we still had a chance to win game 3. I say our defense and poor execution against the zone lost that game for us. Yeah Phoenix did get the benefit of the whistle in game 3, but they are at home. I expect that. Also, I did not see too many bogus calls in the Boston/Orlando game. Boston simply ran out of gas in OT. I'm not going to comment on this loser though. He is an idiot.

ko8e24
05-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Donaghy needs to get laid, plain and simple.

basketfan4life
05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
i saw a lot of badly officated games against lakers last 3 years, especially Kobe got wrepped hell a lot of time.but game 3 was NOT one of them, suns especially amare forced his way to the basket everytime,the lakers were too passive out of Kobe,that game officiated good and suns won fairly, and i am rooting for lakers...

boston orlando game 4 officiated badly against the magic, pierce did a lot of flopping and got the call everytime and i am rooting for the celtics in this series, so there were no bias,at least not in those games....

shep33
05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
This is the fascination with Timmy... its impossible to know if he's telling the truth about anything, but maybe he is... however his repuation has tarnished his credability.

rever
05-25-2010, 04:26 PM
why is anyone listening to this guy? refs arent perfect, in fact some suck.but basketball is a fast paced game,with little replay userefs are going to get it wrong

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-25-2010, 04:51 PM
WTF is going on with the laker fans they seem nice now, I think its a setup.

lol, this just made my day:cheers:

NYtilIdie
05-25-2010, 04:52 PM
God, sometimes I wish the mafia did kill him. He has no insider info all he is doing is just giving fans like LA and Boston excuses to why they lost. Seriously this whole "Da rEfz fIxeD dA GaMezzzzz" **** is getting old and is it too hard to admit the better team won that night?

The funny part is people believe this moron!

fredo832
05-25-2010, 05:07 PM
:facepalm:

Sorry I meant shouldn't but I fixed it.

gcoll
05-25-2010, 05:07 PM
There were some ticky tack calls on Bynum and Odom. But they let Gasol get away with a lot to make up for it.

And the Suns were getting more calls because they were driving the lane. LA was taking all jumpers.

So it's possible, but I dunno. It's tough to tell with NBA reffing because of how inconsistent it is. There was a point in the LA/PHX game where LA hadn't made a basket for a while, but they were staying in it due to free throws.

Kakaroach
05-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Tim Donaghy is as dumb as they come. What he said could be said for every single playoff game so far. He just needs to go back to his corner and let the league thrive in peace.

gcoll
05-25-2010, 05:12 PM
The league does owe us (the Suns).

Raoul Duke
05-25-2010, 05:14 PM
God, sometimes I wish the mafia did kill him. He has no insider info all he is doing is just giving fans like LA and Boston excuses to why they lost. Seriously this whole "Da rEfz fIxeD dA GaMezzzzz" **** is getting old and is it too hard to admit the better team won that night?

I still believe about half of what he said in the past, but I think from now on I'll just assume that anything coming out of his mouth is complete ********. He's just grasping at straws now.

SteveNash
05-25-2010, 05:17 PM
What happened to Donaghy's claim that Stern would make the Cavs go all the way?

atomik102
05-25-2010, 05:19 PM
If you guys wanna talk about ticky tack fouls they are the reasons why dwight howard hardly played in the first round, Pierce gets everything called for him, if not Rondo or Garnett do, its the playoffs let them play i love it when rondo crashes into Lewis in game 2 and Lewis gets called for the foul and when Barnes gets hit my Wallace on the other end 3 times in one series and nothing is called then that shows how much the refs want the magic to win

atomik102
05-25-2010, 05:19 PM

Love your text on the bottom about dwight and raph looks great

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-25-2010, 05:23 PM

Exactly. He makes it seem that the NBA is making the officials fix the games to get certain teams to the finals or to win games for profit or for the betterment of the league. Well, having the small market Spurs blow that theory out of the water by getting to the finals 4 times in 10 years should have been enough to show people that great players and coaches are the ones that affect the outcomes of gams.

The people that believe this guy, are fans of teams who never win, and are looking for excuses as to why thier team cant get it done.

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 05:23 PM
So the Lakers shoot twenty less free throws and barely lose the game? I feel sorry the Suns.

iggypop123
05-25-2010, 05:26 PM
its not because the nba ordered it. its because its HCA. nobody plays to get it for the crowd its for the refs. they get intimidated by the crowd, not the orders sent down. this is suprising cause in LA all the lakers get is = FT numbers, but people will still say thats fair

braveniler58
05-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Great, this means the NBA will tell the refs to be Laker-biased to prove Donaghy wrong. And the Suns will be ****ed over. Wonderful.

Shut the **** up, Donaghy.

RadiantShot
05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
What a great Phoenix follower.

PulpFiction
05-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey Hey Heyyyyyyy . . . dont you DARE talk about my favorite 5th grade teacher!!!

nbafan63
05-25-2010, 06:11 PM
This guy also claimed Cleveland will beat the Celtics on Boston Radio. He said because NBA is promoting LEbron Vs. Kobe finals.

Bishnoff
05-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Is this the same Tim Donaghy who was accused of intentionally miscalling two Suns Playoff games? Yeah, like Iím going to believe anything he says. Pfft.

PHX2daDEATH
05-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Shouldn't this P**** be in witness protection or something? he should of sat in an arizona prison for six months, bunkered down with 50 felonous Suns fans..

this is like Bernie Madoff telling you how to manage your money..

Suns should of shot 50 free throws in that game.. seems like the lakers foul on every single play..but thats the playoffs.. its physical. When you have laker fans admitting that the Suns were attacking the rim and the lakers were shooting jumpers who know who's right and who's wrong here

Baldyy
05-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he's right, the mob probably wanted him dead so he doesn't rat out some other crooked refs they have helping them. Seems like he's basically ratting out others without straight up saying it, I remember an article posted the other week, and just by him looking at the refs for the game, he was able to predict the winner 13 out of 14 times.

Raph12
05-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Donaghy also said Lebron would be in the Finals prior to the playoffs. :rolleyes:

69centers
05-25-2010, 06:26 PM
There were so many phantom calls in Game 4 of C's/Magic that I was thinking the same exact thing before reading this statement by Donaghy. Too many suspect calls to think this one was called fairly.

69centers
05-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh and he points to ONE little play where Nelson fell and got a foul call, did he not watch the game and see Rondo do the EXACT SAME THING on the other end. When it happened I even said all you got to do is fall down and you'll get the call, it went both ways.

It was at the most crucial point in the game. If the refs were trying to extend the series, it's plays like this at this point in the game they would have used to do it.

Do you really think they are going to call the whole game the Magic's way? It would be a little obvious, don't you think. One BIG call at that point in the game is all they would need. It ended up being huge for the Magic.

majestic
05-25-2010, 06:35 PM
tim donghey knows what he is talking about, he was a ref. he knows exactly what is going down behind close doors. nba extended both of these series for $$$$$

sixerfixer
05-25-2010, 06:37 PM
This guy is a Disgrace. He has no Insight whatsoever in the league. He was a criminal who should be in prison right now for at least 20 years. All he is, is the WHITE Jose Canseco. Trying to drum-up controversey JUST to highlight himself in getting attention. And maybe trying to garnish Interest in some sort of tell all book.

If this guy got hit by a Bus tomorrow, the world would be a better place. And I would personally Thank the Lord if his life was taken.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-25-2010, 06:44 PM
It was at the most crucial point in the game. If the refs were trying to extend the series, it's plays like this at this point in the game they would have used to do it.

Do you really think they are going to call the whole game the Magic's way? It would be a little obvious, don't you think. One BIG call at that point in the game is all they would need. It ended up being huge for the Magic.

If the refs wanted to fix the game, it would not have come down to that. The Celtics would not have been close. Why wait to see if you can make a game changing call with a minute left, as opposed to getting KG in foul trouble by calling all those illegal screens he sets. It would be easy to take away one of Bostons biggest weapons, as well as one of their best players by calling something that is obvious to everyone.

If the refs have as much impact on a game as some of you think, they would not even take a chance letting it come to one or two shots at the end.

Jaji
05-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Why would anyone listen to anything he has to say? Guy is starved for attention. I'm ashamed to have even clicked on the thread. But since I'm here might as well say that. Tim Donaghy is a disgrace and David Stern and all the officials are laughing at his idiocy right now. What's next Jayson Williams accusing someone of shooting their gardener?

king4day
05-25-2010, 06:52 PM
There's two ways to look at this thread.

1. He's correct and the refs have cost both LA and Boston their previous games.
2. Both the Suns and Magic are being severely disrespected.

RaptorizedKevin
05-25-2010, 06:54 PM
no surprise. david stern likes his money. rmember the 2002 west confrence finals :facepalm: althought i was a lil kid at the time , i had nuff sense to realize it was rigged, even non biased laker fans aggree too.

Jaji
05-25-2010, 06:54 PM
There's two ways to look at this thread.

1. He's correct and the refs have cost both LA and Boston their previous games.
2. Both the Suns and Magic are being severely disrespected.

3. He's an idiot and /or attention starved liar.

You do realize this is the guy who was kicked out of the NBA for a gambling scandal in which he was cheating in games, right? He has ZERO credibility at this point.

Evolution23
05-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Didn't he also say the League will make sure the Cavs advance to the next round? What a childish prick this guy is... :facepalm:

Baldyy
05-25-2010, 07:13 PM
This guy is a Disgrace. He has no Insight whatsoever in the league. He was a criminal who should be in prison right now for at least 20 years. All he is, is the WHITE Jose Canseco. Trying to drum-up controversey JUST to highlight himself in getting attention. And maybe trying to garnish Interest in some sort of tell all book.

If this guy got hit by a Bus tomorrow, the world would be a better place. And I would personally Thank the Lord if his life was taken.

Canseco was right on the money with pretty much everything he said.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Canseco was right on the money with pretty much everything he said.

this and i would not be surprised if donaghy is right.

tr4shb0t
05-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Captain obvious. We see this all the time. Blatant too.

Bishnoff
05-25-2010, 07:26 PM
tim donghey knows what he is talking about, he was a ref. he knows exactly what is going down behind close doors. nba extended both of these series for $$$$$

And why isn't he a ref anymore? The guy is as low as the come. Degenerate gambler, match-fixer, liar etc.

borat
05-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Dumb, the money matchup is Boston Versus LA. That is where the real money would be made. If there was a conspiracy then Stern wouldnt take any risk in ****ing that up.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 07:33 PM
And why isn't he a ref anymore? The guy is as low as the come. Degenerate gambler, match-fixer, liar etc.

you just described charles barkley ;)

Bishnoff
05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
you just described charles barkley ;)

Harsh.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Harsh.

yeah my bad, i feel like an *** hole today :(

Bishnoff
05-25-2010, 07:49 PM
yeah my bad, i feel like an *** hole today :(

Ha ha! It wasn't that bad. I was just stirring you up.

JNA17
05-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Ha ha! It wasn't that bad. I was just stirring you up.

oh iight :D.

allan w davis
05-25-2010, 07:54 PM
I enjoyed your book and was wondering if you'd watch anymore NBA. I don't know if the refs directly affect the gms, but they seem inconsistent. It's amazing all the physical play the players play thru. a davis

michelangelo
05-25-2010, 08:01 PM
The NBA is sports-entertainment, just like the WWE. As long as you recognize and appreciate it for what it is, you can still kick back and enjoy.

Kinda.

Sorta.

Sortakinda.

SugeKnight
05-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Pheonix shot more freethrows because they were attacking and Lakers only shot 3s. All Laker fans need to stop crying

thunder2335
05-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Are u serious? What about the Shannon Brown missed dunk? That was clearly a charge.

Raidaz4Life
I agree the officiating has been biased for the suns so far just like it was for the Thunder (haven't watched the magic series much) but I still don't buy its all a conspiracy.

JNA17
Pheonix shot more freethrows because they were attacking and Lakers only shot 3s. All Laker fans need to stop crying

welcome to PSD! :eyebrow:

Bishnoff
05-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Seriously guys, how could the NBA be fixed (like WWE) when owners lose money on a regular basis? If the NBA was fixed, I'm pretty sure these moguls of business wouldn't choose to buy into a franchise.

Refs could potentially miscall games, but after watching Game 3 of the WCF, I didn’t see any calls out of the ordinary. The Lakers got more calls in Games 1 & 2, the Suns got more calls in Game 3. Everything evens out and everyone knows that home teams generally get the calls.

Raidaz4Life
05-25-2010, 08:15 PM

I hear this excuse all the time yet it still doesn't hold up any better when the Lakers outscored the suns in the paint 44-40, that doesn't explain a +20 ft differential in favor of the suns. Face it the same thing happened with OKC, no shame in the refs attempting to keep teams in the game whatever the reason might be.

SugeKnight
05-25-2010, 08:15 PM

Correction, Laker and Boston fans

SugeKnight
05-25-2010, 08:17 PM
welcome to PSD! :eyebrow:

Thanks ***** :up:

Raidaz4Life
05-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Seriously guys, how could the NBA be fixed (like WWE) when owners lose money on a regular basis? If the NBA was fixed, I'm pretty sure these moguls of business wouldn't choose to buy into a franchise.

Refs could potentially miscall games, but after watching Game 3 of the WCF, I didnít see any calls out of the ordinary. The Lakers got more calls in Games 1 & 2, the Suns got more calls in Game 3. Everything evens out and everyone knows that home teams generally get the calls.

the number of fouls were fairly even in game 1 and the suns even shot 10 more fts even though the Lakers dominated that game from start to finish.

*Silver&Black*
05-25-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't see how Lakers fans can hate refs. If the NBA was fixed (which I believe) The Lakers then are getting the good side of it (all of the finals you all been to, and remember the Kings?). Fans of teams crack me up. Lakers should not cry about anything. They are the poster boys for the NBA. Shut up. You think the NBA is against the Lakers? How do you explain how only a couple of teams is always in the finals?

Bishnoff
05-25-2010, 08:20 PM
I agree the officiating has been biased for the suns so far just like it was for the Thunder (haven't watched the magic series much) but I still don't buy its all a conspiracy.

Really? Are you sure you were watching the 2010 WCF and not a re-run of the 2007 WC 1st Round?

Bishnoff
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
the number of fouls were fairly even in game 1 and the suns even shot 10 more fts even though the Lakers dominated that game from start to finish.

Fouls are just one type of ref decision; what about jump balls, on-court time outs, no calls?

JNA17
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks ***** :up:

no problem ******************* ;)

Chronz
05-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Cared enough to say that I stopped caring at Donaghy claims

Indi23
05-25-2010, 08:48 PM
same suspect calls as Lakers vs Kings all those years ago? please this guys just saying **** and trying to save his own arse.

Raidaz4Life
05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't see how Lakers fans can hate refs. If the NBA was fixed (which I believe) The Lakers then are getting the good side of it (all of the finals you all been to, and remember the Kings?). Fans of teams crack me up. Lakers should not cry about anything. They are the poster boys for the NBA. Shut up. You think the NBA is against the Lakers? How do you explain how only a couple of teams is always in the finals?

This is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Just because the Lakers and Celtics have the two best FO's in the league doesn't mean they are catered to on the court. Every year the same successful teams put together competitive players to win and the same ones don't. The NBA has no control over guys like Shaq and Kobe going to LA or the Celtics swiping up KG and Ray Ray in the same offseason. That is just smart business.

*Silver&Black*
05-25-2010, 09:05 PM
The NBA has no control over guys like Shaq and Kobe going to LA or the Celtics swiping up KG and Ray Ray in the same offseason. That is just smart business.

You a 100% sure on that? Magically the Celtics win the title the same year they traded for 2 "Stars" who never won a title? A year before they were the worst team in the East with Paul Pierce who is all of a sudden a star again.

Bishnoff
05-25-2010, 09:28 PM
You a 100% sure on that? Magically the Celtics win the title the same year they traded for 2 "Stars" who never won a title? A year before they were the worst team in the East with Paul Pierce who is all of a sudden a star again.

They won because they put 3 stars together who instantly gelled and created a great team chemistry.

Don’t devalue what the Celtics achieved.

Super.
05-25-2010, 10:17 PM
No....

The Refs just suck

Tragedy
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
No....

The Refs just suck
Probably the best thing so far.

I do think the league might whisper in the refs ear here and there, but in general, the refs just are awful. This wimpy NBA is so watered down these days. It's a shame.

carter15
05-25-2010, 10:57 PM

Your crazy if you think the Celtics didn't get the benefit of the doubt on most of the calls. If the refs called **** properly it would not have come to that and the Magic would have been up 5-10 points. Pierce flopped his ***** *** all over the place that first half and got every call. It was about time that the refs made a couple makeup calls late in the game especially after missing the foul on VC's dunk and the bad call on Redick's travel, where he made the shot with a foul on it. That's 3-5 points right there that the Magic should have had.

Tragedy
05-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Your crazy if you think the Celtics didn't get the benefit of the doubt on most of the calls. If the refs called **** properly it would not have come to that and the Magic would have been up 5-10 points. Pierce flopped his ***** *** all over the place that first half and got every call. It was about time that the refs made a couple makeup calls late in the game especially after missing the foul on VC's dunk and the bad call on Redick's travel, where he made the shot with a foul on it. That's 3-5 points right there that the Magic should have had.
So I guess we'll ignore Dwight goaltending at least two times that I saw in the game? Sounds good to me.

The refs called a pretty damn solid game last night. Not perfect, because refs in the NBA generally suck and will never call a perfect game (that's probably impossible anyways). But for once, they actually called a pretty damn good game. Each team probably got screwed out of the same amount of FEW calls.

GspLAL
05-25-2010, 11:47 PM

Way to be a hypocrite, you ***** about the refs for your team but when another teams fans do it you come out with sarcastic remarks?

GspLAL
05-25-2010, 11:48 PM
No....

The Refs just suck

lmfao @ your sig I was cracking up when Davis did that

IAmKira
05-25-2010, 11:53 PM
No....

The Refs just suck

:facepalm: @ his face! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
OMG Face of the year! Yet so ugly and creeply looking :speechless:

BaustinSali08
05-26-2010, 12:01 AM
This guy loves the smell of his own ****, Donaghy and Cansaco should hang out sometime.

still1ballin
05-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Well he was right.

carter15
05-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Way to be a hypocrite, you ***** about the refs for your team but when another teams fans do it you come out with sarcastic remarks?

I'm not being a hypocrite, I'm being observant. When watching the game those were two BLATANT calls you can't even argue it, plus I felt the Celtics were getting the benifit of the calls.
So when a Celtics fan comes in and says the Magic got every call, I'm going to let him know what I think about it.

majestic
05-26-2010, 12:19 AM
hope u guys placed ur bets on the magic tomorrow.. i sure did tonight !! man i love donaghey and how obvious the nba is !!

mizo21
05-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Totally see this happening in PHX, sending suns to the line over and over early team fouls and the LA stars get bumped all night and no whistles keeping there game plan strong and pissin on LA. 1 missed call can easily spark a 7-0 run and kill Kobe's awesome performance. i also love that LA plays vs. nothing but young big men and there able to play cotrolled like 10 year vets. BS, lets get to the real series

GSW Hoops
05-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Look at the free throw disparity tonight:

Suns - 32 free throws attempted
Lakers - 13 free throws attempted

Lakers shot a better FG%, shot a similar 3 point %, had fewer turnovers and still lost by 9 points. The free throws were the difference.

DerekRE_3
05-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Probably the best thing so far.

I do think the league might whisper in the refs ear here and there, but in general, the refs just are awful. This wimpy NBA is so watered down these days. It's a sham.

Fixed. God I wish the NBA would let grown men actually play the game.

chuckdaily85
05-26-2010, 12:36 AM
idk bout cheating but the calls tonight were bad...I didnt see the 1st quarter but I never sen a team have four team fouls that fast in the last 3 quarters. If i had to bet I believe the Lakers were in the penalty for over half of the game which is crazy.

still1ballin
05-26-2010, 12:50 AM

Lakers shot a better FG%, shot a similar 3 point %, had fewer turnovers and still lost by 9 points. The free throws were the difference.

Exactly. Now people may say, well if you shoot jumpshots you are not gonna go to the line. Well here is a stat for them

Points on the paint:

Lakers: 42
Suns 32

Three point shots:

Lakers: 9-28
Suns: 11-30

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 12:58 AM
Well he was right.

For a Lakers fan who came into the Suns forum and congratulated us after winning Game 3, your statement above sounds a bit like sour grapes?

still1ballin
05-26-2010, 01:01 AM
For a Lakers fan who came into the Suns forum and congratulated us after winning Game 3, your statement above sounds a bit like sour grapes?

No? I came into your forum and congradulated you guys. I didn't go there and troll and bait. Obviously I am not a happy camper. I need to vent too.

gcoll
05-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Yup. He was right about Suns/Lakers.

But not about Sacramento/Lakers from a few years ago.

The last 12 free throws were intentional fouls at the end of the game (I think). May have been 8. Maybe 10.

Subtract those and it's 13 to 20. Not too bad.

tredigs
05-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Exactly. Now people may say, well if you shoot jumpshots you are not gonna go to the line. Well here is a stat for them

Points on the paint:

Lakers: 42
Suns 32

Three point shots:

Lakers: 9-28
Suns: 11-30

Hey, genius, that's because those were the easy put-backs that Pau/Lamar/Bynum were getting. When Amare was attacking the paint he wasn't getting credit for "paint points" because he was, you know, GETTING TO THE LINE.

If you watched the game without blinders on, you would realize this.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-26-2010, 01:07 AM
I wonder why the league would want to extend the series when they're a breath away from another one of their beloved Boston/Los Angeles Finals?

Exactly.

David Stern once said "I'd love to see the Lakers vs. the Lakers" What's amazing is that Laker fans don't even understand that David Stern secretly loves their franchise. If Stern loves Lebron the most, the Lakers are a close 1b.

still1ballin
05-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Hey, genius, that's because those were the easy put-backs that Pau/Lamar/Bynum were getting. When Amare was attacking the paint he wasn't getting credit for "paint points" because he was, you know, GETTING TO THE LINE.

If you watched the game without blinders on, you would realize this.

Oh yeah right, like they got a lot of put backs.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 01:08 AM
No? I came into your forum and congradulated you guys. I didn't go there and troll and bait. Obviously I am not a happy camper. I need to vent too.

Yeah, but there's venting objectively and then there is playing the blame game.

Lakers lost Games 3 & 4 because Kobe was the only guy to show up and the Suns had finally found ways to overcome the Lakers Defense. Lakers won Games 1 & 2 because ALL of your players (except maybe the injured Bynum) performed well, hit their shots, and played great defense in line with a great strategy (preventing the Pick & Roll, getting out on our 3 point shooters etc.).

tredigs
05-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Oh yeah right, like they got a lot of put backs.

Do you at least comprehend that when a player attacks the paint and gets to the line, it doesn't count towards "paint points"?

Just comparing the two teams paint points is a completely meaningless stat when comparing foul shot discrepancy.

And yes, they got quite a few put backs or easy lay ins. They always do.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Didn't he said David Stern is going to make sure the Cavs make it to the Finals?:laugh2: The Suns beat us fair and square! It's hard to get calls when a team is playing a zone defense. Amare just expose are weak inside defensive presences that all.

And what was the other half of that dream finals matchup? Oh yeah, the Lakers.

But props to you for not blaming the loss on officiating. I hate it when fans do that. Especially fans of teams that are going to generally get preferential treatment. If a Cavs fan were to complain about officiating, I'm sure a lot of Laker fans would jump down their throat.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-26-2010, 01:13 AM
BTW, did anyone bother to tally up how many FTs the Suns shot in the last minute when the Lakers were intentionally fouling?

tredigs
05-26-2010, 01:15 AM
BTW, did anyone bother to tally up how many FTs the Suns shot in the last minute when the Lakers were intentionally fouling?

I think it was 12 in the final 2 minutes.

But file that under "logical thinking". Yer kind ain't welcome hur.

gcoll

Some have said 12. I counted 8, personally. I recall fouling Nash 3 times, and Stoudemire once.

PatsSoxKnicks
Yup. He was right about Suns/Lakers.

But not about Sacramento/Lakers from a few years ago.

The last 12 free throws were intentional fouls at the end of the game (I think). May have been 8. Maybe 10.

Subtract those and it's 13 to 20. Not too bad.

lol, thats most Laker fans for you. No logic whatsoever. There are some decent Laker fans but they are few, most of them are always whining about officiating.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 01:24 AM

10 in the last 1:38 (8 point Suns lead), 12 in the last 2:07 (6 point Suns lead).

numerator
05-26-2010, 02:48 AM
10 in the last 1:38 (8 point Suns lead), 12 in the last 2:07 (6 point Suns lead).

i'm not sure there's an nba head coach alive who would intentionally foul with that much time left and those deficits. I wasn't able to watch the game, but if you look at the play-by-play log, the last 6 free throws seem to be the intentional foul shots. the suns had the ball from 1:15 left to :54 left before grant hill made a 15 foot shot, i think they could have fouled someone in those 21 seconds!

again, i didn't see it, but that would seem to make sense. and that would make it 26-13 foul shots.

Sadds The Gr8
05-26-2010, 02:52 AM
meh...Donaghy's a douche

gcoll
05-26-2010, 04:00 AM
i'm not sure there's an nba head coach alive who would intentionally foul with that much time left and those deficits. I wasn't able to watch the game, but if you look at the play-by-play log, the last 6 free throws seem to be the intentional foul shots. the suns had the ball from 1:15 left to :54 left before grant hill made a 15 foot shot, i think they could have fouled someone in those 21 seconds!

again, i didn't see it, but that would seem to make sense. and that would make it 26-13 foul shots.
Not intentional fouls, but the fouls in the last few minutes come from a more desperate LA team. I recall Bryant reaching in on J-Rich at about mid-court.

I can't remember if there were 6 or 8 that came from intentional fouls. But I mean...the disparity isn't so bad. We shot 10 more free throws in game 1. I don't recall Laker fans being too upset about the officiating in that one.

Most of our free throws come from Stoudemire. And if you watch the game, he's getting fouled. He goes by Gasol...the second defender fouls him to prevent the easy bucket.

dodie53
05-26-2010, 04:15 AM
meh...Donaghy's a douche

i agree

numerator
05-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Not intentional fouls, but the fouls in the last few minutes come from a more desperate LA team. I recall Bryant reaching in on J-Rich at about mid-court.

I can't remember if there were 6 or 8 that came from intentional fouls. But I mean...the disparity isn't so bad. We shot 10 more free throws in game 1. I don't recall Laker fans being too upset about the officiating in that one.

Most of our free throws come from Stoudemire. And if you watch the game, he's getting fouled. He goes by Gasol...the second defender fouls him to prevent the easy bucket.

i was keeping track on gamecast via espn, so i didn't see it as it happened. i was actually shocked at the final ft disparity, but i know it jumped up in a hurry the last couple minutes of the game.

gcoll
05-26-2010, 05:00 AM
i was keeping track on gamecast via espn, so i didn't see it as it happened. i was actually shocked at the final ft disparity, but i know it jumped up in a hurry the last couple minutes of the game.

The free throw disparity in game 3 was worse than this one. This one wasn't so bad. Neither team got to the line that much.

The only guy who is getting to the line frequently is Stoudemire. And there's a good explanation for that. He's overmatching Gasol. Pau is just too slow.

Bishnoff
05-26-2010, 07:38 PM

You could argue that either 3 fouls (6 FT) or 4 fouls (8 FT) were actually intentional. I was just giving an indication of how many fouls were made in approx. the last 2 minutes.

As gcoll pointed out, all late fouls were from a desperate Lakers team.

dukejazz
05-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Laker fans have no room to complain when they get the most calls ever in la. Eevrytime the lakers lose i swear laker fans always say its rigged etc. Maybe phoenix played better and thats why they won.

majestic
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Laker fans have no room to complain when they get the most calls ever in la. Eevrytime the lakers lose i swear laker fans always say its rigged etc. Maybe phoenix played better and thats why they won.

maybe u should actually listen to what tim says, obviously the lakers are gonna get the majority of the calls, but some games it will go for the team they do not want to win to prolong the series.. more games in the series = money for the nba $$$$$$$$

AllTimeBest
05-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Hmmmmm.......

SteveNash
05-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Son of a ***** was right...

iggypop123
05-26-2010, 09:50 PM
i dont think phoenix or olrando are complaining with donaghy's claims.

joeshmoe
05-26-2010, 09:53 PM
after the technical on perkins...i'm not so sure donaghy isn't telling the truth...just saying

masalex1205
05-26-2010, 09:55 PM
after the technical on perkins...i'm not so sure donaghy isn't telling the truth...just saying

+1

carter15
05-26-2010, 09:56 PM
LOL. ive never seen a bad call in my life. so since it happened when someone said it was fixed, it mus be fixed. u guys r jokes.

BSF101
05-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I hope the Suns do win sorry Laker fans. I also want Boston to win.

DenButsu
05-26-2010, 10:38 PM
I don't credit Donaghy with having very much credibility.

But then, if the NBA wants to have a solid defense of itself against allegations like this, they sure are doing a crappy job of building their case in the Bos-Orl game 5.

nbafan63
05-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Joey Crawford is by far the WORST ref. This guy has so much attitude. Rondo goes and talks to a ref and Joey T's Rondo up. Rondo wasn't even talking to him. Remind me of when he asked Duncan if he wanted to fight and then ejected Duncan.

still1ballin
05-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah he should be fired by Vince McMahon

JNA17
05-26-2010, 11:39 PM
he's......starting to be right. Next Jose Cancecho (whatever his last name is spelled) anyone?

hugepatsfan
05-27-2010, 12:20 AM
If Joey Crawford ever refs agian, the league loses major credibility in my mind.

lakersrock
05-27-2010, 12:22 AM
If Boston and LA had won it in 5 each, that's less money in terms of commercials and air time. With how botched games have been....and on the other side, been called perfect (Utah vs LA - NOT a money maker), it makes you wonder.

LA was down 55 FT against OKC and it managed to get 6 games and nationwide attention.

LA was plus 11 FT against Utah and swept them....and nobody cared.

LA is playing another team in which people care and they're down 43 FT.

Hmmmmm, maybe he's on to something......

metsbulls1025
05-27-2010, 01:35 AM
I don't know how people don't believe there is at least some sort of tampering being done with calls in games.

When people can make a lot of money and have the power to determine the outcome of a game or determine the score spread you have to figure it goes on. Especially when 1 guy has been caught and he continues to call out certain individuals and games and they have merit. Before Donaghy got caught everyone said this was never going on in the NBA. Now after he gets caught people still don't think this is going on. It baffles my mind.

gcoll
05-27-2010, 01:41 AM
If Boston and LA had won it in 5 each, that's less money in terms of commercials and air time. With how botched games have been....and on the other side, been called perfect (Utah vs LA - NOT a money maker), it makes you wonder.

LA was down 55 FT against OKC and it managed to get 6 games and nationwide attention.

But not about that Lakers/Sacramento series.

Tragedy
05-27-2010, 01:41 AM
I don't know how people don't believe there is at least some sort of tampering being done with calls in games.

When people can make a lot of money and have the power to determine the outcome of a game or determine the score spread you have to figure it goes on. Especially when 1 guy has been caught and he continues to call out certain individuals and games and they have merit. Before Donaghy got caught everyone said this was never going on in the NBA. Now after he gets caught people still don't think this is going on. It baffles my mind.
:clap:

Someone has their head on straight. People are out of their mind to believe the NBA does not have some kind of hand in these games. It's insane that people actually watch these games and back the refs up.

Gene2420
05-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Get rid of refs and play jungle ball!

Fad3Away
05-27-2010, 01:45 AM

It's quite sad isn't it? Some people just don't want to accept the fact that the league they've been growing up to watch for years is something that is fixed. It would ruin the essence of the game. Like watching WWE, it was so awesome until you got old enough to realize it was fake, then it just became rubbish. Slightly entertaining (Undertaker and Kane were awesome), but the lack of reality made it less fun to watch. Unfortunately, the NBA is a business, and in every business, there is usually something going on behind the scenes.

gcoll
05-27-2010, 01:45 AM
:clap:

Someone has their head on straight. People are out of their mind to believe the NBA does not have some kind of hand in these games. It's insane that people actually watch these games and back the refs up.

I never back the refs up. I think games might be rigged. But when a Laker fan makes that argument, it is self defeating. Because...if the NBA is rigging games, they want the Lakers in the finals.

And also. It looks completely hollow because they were the biggest critics of donaghy when he talked about the Sacramento/LA series.

Plus. A free throw disparity doesn't even guarantee victory. The Suns outshot the Lakers by 10 in game 1. They lost by 20. The Suns ALWAYS outshoot the Lakers from the free throw line. In the regular season, and in game 1, no Laker fan noticed. But now that it is 2-2, rather than acknowledge that the Suns beat them fair and square, they whine about the refs. Please.

Raph12
05-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Excuses, excuses... If the team is really better, they'll win regardless of the officiating.

iFYouSeekAmy
05-27-2010, 01:58 AM
^
True, valid points.

---
I kinda liked that decision (don't get me wrong) but the series really need to be extended and entertaining this year..

thekmp211
05-27-2010, 02:04 AM
idk...

i go back and forth on this. the 2002 la/sac series to me is the best example. there were some truly bad calls called in tonights game. the perkins call probably ended the game in the first half and was so insanely bad that even breen/jvg/jackson were baffled. i'm stern will give them a talking-to.

but on the other hand, these calls are so hard to make in the heat of the moment. plus, i remember noticing some pretty favorable calls going bostons way earlier in the series.

too much uncertainty to really know, and my question is why would the nba be into this and not the other major sports leagues?

metsbulls1025
05-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Excuses, excuses... If the team is really better, they'll win regardless of the officiating.

I don't think it it is about what team is winning. Clearly the better teams have gotten to the finals. I mean you can bet on anything from how many points a player gets to what the spread of the final score is going to be. If someone bets on a over/under on a players total points at the end of a game that can be easily rigged to go either way. You call a few phantom calls in the first quarter and that player doesn't see action for the next 10 minutes and is handcuffed for a majority of the game. The other side is if that said player keeps getting the ball a few phantom calls the other way and that player is getting shots at the line and getting more chances to score. If money is to be made people will do what they have to.

Nirvanaskurdt
05-27-2010, 02:08 AM
I never back the refs up. I think games might be rigged. But when a Laker fan makes that argument, it is self defeating. Because...if the NBA is rigging games, they want the Lakers in the finals.

And also. It looks completely hollow because they were the biggest critics of donaghy when he talked about the Sacramento/LA series.

Plus. A free throw disparity doesn't even guarantee victory. The Suns outshot the Lakers by 10 in game 1. They lost by 20. The Suns ALWAYS outshoot the Lakers from the free throw line. In the regular season, and in game 1, no Laker fan noticed. But now that it is 2-2, rather than acknowledge that the Suns beat them fair and square, they whine about the refs. Please.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DengelBerry
05-27-2010, 10:34 AM
If Joey Crawford ever refs agian, the league loses major credibility in my mind.

the League already lost credibility in my mind at the beginning of the playoffs.

Crawford and De Rosa shouldn't be allowed to coach in the FINALS!!!

wizardsfan3
05-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Tim Donaghy knows everything about the NBA. I believe the NBA is rigged from the Sac/LAL series to the Draft Lottery. I say...TIM DONAGHY FOR COMISSIONER!!!!

rabzouz 96
05-27-2010, 11:36 AM
now i believe him when he says the nba is somewhat scripted, but hes getting ridiculous. he also said theyd do everything to make lebron win, and cleveland is already out.

boolish
05-27-2010, 11:38 AM
the guy needs money and will say anything for a paycheck. he is a liar and a cheater.

CLASSOF72
05-27-2010, 11:42 AM
Donaghy - prophet? or whistle blower? Sure looks bad when the guy can come out and call it the way he did and have games be very affected by the officiating.

jfin
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
now i believe him when he says the nba is somewhat scripted, but hes getting ridiculous. he also said theyd do everything to make lebron win, and cleveland is already out.

thats cuz they quit. the refs couldn't help them out. the more i watch games and how the refs call the games i believe Donaghy more. dude predicted who was gonna win the games just by looking at the refs. and that was in this years playoffs, he was 13-1 at one point. http://northstationsports.com/uncategorized/is-tim-donaghys-claim-that-the-nba-wants-lebron-to-beat-the-celtics-find-out-monday-night/

lakersrock
05-27-2010, 12:48 PM

Yes, but it sure helps at home to have 22 and 19 more.....while only winning by 9 each time. See how FT help. Make them plus 8 or so in each game and they probably lose.

magicdouglas
05-27-2010, 01:02 PM
It seems like every year during the play-offs a thread about bad officiating or game fixing pops up. If you look back at the entire season bad calls have gone both for and against your team. Really bad calls and non calls alike. It happens in every game its up to your team to play through it. Whining on psd isn't going to change anything although I do see the need to vent when your team gets the short end of the stick but it doesn't change the way games are called. Man up fellas cause your starting to sound like my 6 year old daughter.

WSU Tony
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
It seems like every year during the play-offs a thread about bad officiating or game fixing pops up. If you look back at the entire season bad calls have gone both for and against your team. Really bad calls and non calls alike. It happens in every game its up to your team to play through it. Whining on psd isn't going to change anything although I do see the need to vent when your team gets the short end of the stick but it doesn't change the way games are called. Man up fellas cause your starting to sound like my 6 year old daughter.

They'll man up when you wise up.

It's about the $. Why don't small market teams move up in the lottery and why don't playoff games end after 4? $$$$$$$$

When something just doesn't make sense to you, the answer more than likely comes down to $.

Why is it people who are negative but realistic here on PSD and make people mad get warned or banned? Because it hinders more people from joining this site. More people joining, more hits. More hits, more $ for advertising.

Bingo - Money.

carter15
05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
thats cuz they quit. the refs couldn't help them out. the more i watch games and how the refs call the games i believe Donaghy more. dude predicted who was gonna win the games just by looking at the refs. and that was in this years playoffs, he was 13-1 at one point. http://northstationsports.com/uncategorized/is-tim-donaghys-claim-that-the-nba-wants-lebron-to-beat-the-celtics-find-out-monday-night/

Considering the favorites won almost every series by a landslide it probably wasn't hard to pick. You see 13-1 and you think he must know something, but what if he picked Orlando a bunch of times, Lakers a bunch of times and so on. So you can't just declare things before even thinking about them.
The way the playoffs went in the first 2 rounds it was very easy to have a great record like that picking games. If he picked all the San Antonio-Dallas games and Celtics-Cleveland games then maybe I'll say watsup with that. But until then it means nothing.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
he's......starting to be right. Next Jose Cancecho (whatever his last name is spelled) anyone?

then would you be willing to admit you have a illegitimate championship? I mean to everyone in the world that Lakers-Kings game 6 was horribly officiated but Laker fans continue to say there is no conspiracy but now that the refs didn't suck the Lakers balls, there is a conspiracy? Which is it? Is it just because the Lakers don't get the calls there's a conspiracy? But because the Kings had like 30 fouls in the 4TH QUARTER, its just good basketball from the Lakers?

You Laker fans are truly pathetic.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Dumb, the money matchup is Boston Versus LA. That is where the real money would be made. If there was a conspiracy then Stern wouldnt take any risk in ****ing that up.

Thank you, you're proof that not all Laker fans are idiots. Speak out more and maybe the rest of the idiots in your fanbase will be drowned out.

I'm glad to see there's some Laker fans who weren't blaming the officials for losing.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
No....

The Refs just suck

Yes, this is it. There's no conspiracy, the refs just suck.

valade16
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM

The only problem with this consiracy theory is why would the NBA do anything to hinder the Lakers? :eyebrow:

The Lakers are their biggest earner and is gonna guarantee them the most money in the finals (especially if they face the Celtics). So why would the NBA tie the series up.

Suppose the Lakers get extremely cold and can't fulfill their end of the bargain and the Suns take the series? That would be disastrous for the NBA.

My friend maintains the NBA is fixed, but somehow who their fixing it for keeps changing, originally he said the Lakers and Cavs were gonna get help to the finals... well the Cavs didn't get help, and now their gone, if the league is rigged why would stern let that happen?

A ref consiracy isn't going on unless it's to help the Lakers and Celtics get to the finals... and judging by the last games, we all know that's not happening.

magicdouglas
05-27-2010, 03:27 PM
They'll man up when you wise up.

It's about the $. Why don't small market teams move up in the lottery and why don't playoff games end after 4? $$$$$$$$

When something just doesn't make sense to you, the answer more than likely comes down to $.

Why is it people who are negative but realistic here on PSD and make people mad get warned or banned? Because it hinders more people from joining this site. More people joining, more hits. More hits, more $ for advertising.

Bingo - Money.

I'm confused from your response. I pointed out that bad calls and non calls happen every game to every team, from the first game to the last. It's just part of the game. The difference between a good team and a bad one is how a team responds after a bad call. I don't know why your money rant was aimed at me. :confused:

nbafan63
05-27-2010, 05:58 PM
the guy needs money and will say anything for a paycheck. he is a liar and a cheater.

he is telling his story. if all he wanted was money he can just go bet on nba games since he is so good at it.

MagicDojo
05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Donagy doesnt deserve to ever comment on the game he betrayed. He shaved points for the mob! He has absolutley ZERO credibility with me. Get lost loser. I hope you choke on a Canoli.

avsman05
05-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes, this is it. There's no conspiracy, the refs just suck.

Thats a pretty lame excuse. If we can tell that the refs suck this bad, then why doesn't the league step in and get new ones?

gerber
05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
While I can understand the reasoning, I find it hard to believe that after what he's gone through that, Donaghy has the inside track on this. Maybe it's how they did things in the past, but not now.

And I think they would have had LA up 3-0 first. Because if you let Phoenix back in the series, (especially if you're tying it up at 2-2) then the Suns have a legit shot to win it.

I just can't see Stern taking that risk.

u dont know that. only cuz ur a suns fan.

lxl Lou zer lxl
05-27-2010, 06:41 PM
********. You can't "help" the Suns when they're making the 3's.

Yeah ****ing right.

Nirvanaskurdt
05-27-2010, 06:57 PM
u dont know that. only cuz ur a suns fan.

QQ

So you know the truth behind the NBA conspiracy because your not a suns fan? :rolleyes:

rhino17
05-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Anyone who doesn't think the NBA is rigged is naive

GspLAL
05-27-2010, 07:37 PM
he is telling his story. if all he wanted was money he can just go bet on nba games since he is so good at it.

Only reason he was "good" at it was because he was a ref and was able to determine the outcome.

redzone11
05-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Lakers over the limit with 8:10 left in the 1st...

majestic
05-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Only reason he was "good" at it was because he was a ref and was able to determine the outcome.

he did what his bosses told him to do. call it one sided.
u obviously havent read his book or know what you're talking about u nba fan boy. i bet u love wwe as well :)) lmao @ you.
poor nba fans that believe it isnt rigged.. sucks 2 be u.

majestic
05-27-2010, 09:16 PM
lopez 2 fouls right away, refs doing there job to get the suns big out of the game, just like they did with the celtics last night to ensure magic victory.

redzone11
05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
lopez 2 fouls right away, refs doing there job to get the suns big out of the game, just like they did with the celtics last night to ensure magic victory.

Kobe has 2 fouls as well, even before, and last time I checked he was a bit better than Lopez.

Jonathan2323
05-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Donaghy should shut up.

Mudvayne91
05-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Personally, I hope Donaghy keeps speaking. He reminds me a lot of Jose Canseco. Jose looked absolutely nuts at first, but seems to have a lot more credibility as time passed.You can look all the way back to 1985 when Stern rigged the draft with Ewing. David Stern is horrible for the league or great depending how you look at it. If we're talking about making money, David Stern is the best man for the job. If we're talking about running a clean/fair league, that's really a different story. Anyways, here's to another Boston LA series! Not sure if that matchup has ever happened before.

Mudvayne91
05-27-2010, 10:13 PM

Actually, he knew the tendancies of other refs. Read this article

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

I mean i'm not telling you what to believe, but according to him, he wasn't betting on games he refed, but on the knowledge he knew of others.

rhino17
05-27-2010, 10:19 PM

you seem very misinformed about the topic, I advise you to go watch the 60 minutes interview he did, it should be on Youtube

RaptorsFanatic
05-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Freedom of speech, he can say whatever he wants.

sf-fanatic
05-27-2010, 11:45 PM
I fell asleep for the second half of this game. Was there anything unusual to hint that the refs determined the outcome of the game? i felt this was a pivotal game of the series and what donaghy said will also make this game more important

MacFitz92
05-27-2010, 11:56 PM
People claim things all the time. He could be right, or most likely, he could just want attention.

XJW18
05-28-2010, 12:13 AM
It's believable, ESPN said L.A. is making around 2 million every Home game. Idk how much the other 3 teams are making.

It's all about the Money!

carter15
05-28-2010, 01:18 AM
The league is really cutting it close with this fixing. LA was almost down 3-2. They need to really improve their fixing strategies before they mess up.

JNA17
05-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Freedom of speech, he can say whatever he wants.

tell that to the coaches, players, and recently mark cuban.

mrblisterdundee
05-28-2010, 01:25 AM
The NBA is a business. Making money is its primary goal.

GspLAL
05-28-2010, 05:02 AM
Actually, he knew the tendancies of other refs. Read this article

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read

I mean i'm not telling you what to believe, but according to him, he wasn't betting on games he refed, but on the knowledge he knew of others.

Exactly, he's in the business so obviously he would know how the other refs tendencies were, but you're telling me he would never bet on a game he was reffing?

GspLAL
05-28-2010, 05:03 AM
you seem very misinformed about the topic, I advise you to go watch the 60 minutes interview he did, it should be on Youtube

how

rhino17
05-28-2010, 05:04 AM
how

how what?

GspLAL
05-28-2010, 05:05 AM
he did what his bosses told him to do. call it one sided.
u obviously havent read his book or know what you're talking about u nba fan boy. i bet u love wwe as well :)) lmao @ you.
poor nba fans that believe it isnt rigged.. sucks 2 be u.

When the hell did I say I don't believe him? Seriously you can't read for **** yet you bring up that I haven't read his book. I was saying that it's obvious that he would be good at betting on games considering he can bet on the games he was reffing, even if I am wrong, you took my statement and completely twisted it.

GspLAL
05-28-2010, 05:06 AM
how what?

You said I was very misinformed, how?

rhino17
05-28-2010, 05:09 AM
You said I was very misinformed, how?

because you don't seem to know about any of the investigation that went on, his tactics, how he knew stuff, etc

GspLAL
05-28-2010, 05:10 AM
because you don't seem to know about any of the investigation that went on, his tactics, how he knew stuff, etc

Fair enough, I haven't read his book or watched the full interview but I would assume he would bet on his own games he was reffing.

rhino17
05-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Fair enough, I haven't read his book or watched the full interview but I would assume he would bet on his own games he was reffing.

yes he did, and statistical analysis done by the FBI determined that his officiating did not affect the outcome of the game. Statistically, he was one of the most accurate refs in the NBA. He even threw out players and coaches on teams that he had told the mob to bet on

USMCLaker
05-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Donaghy, lol.

magichatnumber9
05-30-2010, 06:57 AM
we need to keep Tim on the payroll.

ManRam
05-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Donaghy is a crook and a liar, seeking attention in the most dire of ways. He went down, hard, and is trying to drag anything and everything with him. He has no inside information, and it's purely speculation.

He has the advantage of being able to say anything, and when something as simple as the Lakers or Celtics losing sends all the Celtic and Laker fans into disarray. It's amazing how fans these days won't ever say anything when their teams lose, except blame the refs...and Donaghy is completely aware of this.

It's a shame fans can't be objective enough 99% of the time to see the real reason their teams lost...and believe all this Donaghy crap.

Kakaroach
05-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Donaghy is a crook and a liar, seeking attention in the most dire of ways. He went down, hard, and is trying to drag anything and everything with him. He has no inside information, and it's purely speculation.

He has the advantage of being able to say anything, and when something as simple as the Lakers or Celtics losing sends all the Celtic and Laker fans into disarray. It's amazing how fans these days won't ever say anything when their teams lose, except blame the refs...and Donaghy is completely aware of this.

It's a shame fans can't be objective enough 99% of the time to see the real reason their teams lost...and believe all this Donaghy crap. ManRammy for the real PSD Prez. :up:

Totally true though. Just read on PSD, all the fans except for a select few always blame the refs when they lose/almost lose. And a loser like Donaghy gets to take advantage of that. Really sad when you think about it.

jetsforever
05-30-2010, 10:48 AM
What an idiot. Nobody cares about you.... Step out of the limelight you cheat

pistonsfanomg
05-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Lets see what will happen in the Finals...

Not like I'm going to watch the Finals anyways but yea....

Montana_Rob
05-30-2010, 07:19 PM

hahaha this made me literally LOL and im at work.

anyways I kinda think what he is saying is true. BUT, basketball is the hardest sport to ref because you can almost call a foul on any play. It all depends on who the ref is and what they are feeling

Penetra8r
05-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Donaghy, I wish I was connected to his "Inside Information"

Could of killed Las Vegas Sports Books, I sure liked the story where the ref who hated Allen Iverson, the other refs would bet on the other team...

Sixerlover
05-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Donaghy needs to just fade into the abiss. Stop talking.

GspLAL
05-30-2010, 10:55 PM

It's a shame fans can't be objective enough 99% of the time to see the real reason their teams lost...and believe all this Donaghy crap.

You can say all that but someone can counter argue and say that being someone who has been caught and served time he has nothing to lose and lie about.

*Silver&Black*
05-30-2010, 11:33 PM
All I got to say is:

Boston was 3-0 v.s. Magic
Lakers was 2-0 v.s. Suns

then people were talking about how weak these playoffs has been and ESPN even talked about it.

after that:

Magic was 2-0 v.s. Boston
Suns was 2-0 v.s. Lakers

For the NBA to not have a game 7 shocker for either series, they both end on game 6. Could it be rigged to take the games to game 6's to make $ and not to a game 7 for an upset so they can still have the $ finals of Lakers/Celtics?

ManRam
05-30-2010, 11:38 PM
You can say all that but someone can counter argue and say that being someone who has been caught and served time he has nothing to lose and lie about.

And I'll refer you to this post...which I looked into today and it's completely true.

yes he did, and statistical analysis done by the FBI determined that his officiating did not affect the outcome of the game. Statistically, he was one of the most accurate refs in the NBA. He even threw out players and coaches on teams that he had told the mob to bet on

I personally believe, and no one here has really any proof, that the NBA fixing games is nothing but a complete myth and hoax.

valade16
05-30-2010, 11:54 PM
I personally believe, and no one here has really any proof, that the NBA fixing games is nothing but a complete myth and hoax.

are you serious? Have you not listened to what Donaghy said? You can tell just by what he says that he's telling the truth.

Refs betting on who will call the first foul? That is so random it has to be true, I mean, who makes THAT up instead of just saying all the refs rigged the games.

I especially believe the part about Bevetta being the leagues "go to" man, essentially the NBA would secretly assign certain refs to cover playoff games and give them guarded instructions about who they want to see get the advantage.

You don't believe it because why? He decided to just make up an ENTIRE BOOK to get back at people? I don't think he's that smart man, basically he called everyone out on their bulls***.

Like Dwayne Bowe...

*Silver&Black*
05-30-2010, 11:56 PM
Nba = wwe

DenButsu
05-31-2010, 02:32 AM

If anybody needs proof that the NBA is not fixed, then allow me to submit Exhibit A:

LeBron James is not in the Finals.

abe_froman
05-31-2010, 02:57 AM
see as both teams lost their respective series,they could have used alot more "help"

majestic
05-31-2010, 04:40 AM
dude what dont u guys understand, they helped suns and magic make the series competitive and extene the series, there was no way in hell stern lets suns/magic in finals. just like stern would never let Cleveland back in the finals since the ratings failed in 06.

its fixed end of story

illegallover
05-31-2010, 05:47 AM
watch WBNA... so raw and intense