PDA

View Full Version : Who was the Best

Nicolasvon
05-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Just thinking about it who is the best player that ever played in the league to never win an MVP award. The first one that comes to my mind is Scottie Pippen.

PostingMachine
05-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Reggie Miller never won an MVP award, I think he's right there with Pippen as well.

td0tsfinest
05-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Patrick Ewing, Jason Kidd, Pistol Pete,

DengelBerry
05-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Has Kevin Garnett ever won one yet?

BAMF
05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
dennis rodman

sixers247
05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Miller and Ewing are tops in my opinion.

black1605
05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Elgin Baylor
Jerry West
George Mikan
Dominique Wilkens

sixerfixer
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Scottie was the product of MJ...PERIOD! All you need to know about Pippen is when MJ was gone for that short time, and Pippen was a loser. A self-serving whiner who cried when he didn't get the ball...( See playoff game where Toni Kukoc was given the last shot, and Pippen refused to re-enter game )..sorry but a MVP that does NOT make.

My choice would be the VERY Underrated Ex-KSU player, Mitch Richmond. He was a Island unto himself for many seasons. And yet his first 10 years in the league, he was a 22 + a night scorer. 6 rebounds and 5 to 7 assists a game player. Mitch is a easy Hall of fame player. Shame he is not in yet.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Stock

Nicolasvon
05-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Scottie was the product of MJ...PERIOD! All you need to know about Pippen is when MJ was gone for that short time, and Pippen was a loser. A self-serving whiner who cried when he didn't get the ball...( See playoff game where Toni Kukoc was given the last shot, and Pippen refused to re-enter game )..sorry but a MVP that does NOT make.

My choice would be the VERY Underrated Ex-KSU player, Mitch Richmond. He was a Island unto himself for many seasons. And yet his first 10 years in the league, he was a 22 + a night scorer. 6 rebounds and 5 to 7 assists a game player. Mitch is a easy Hall of fame player. Shame he is not in yet.

Your right about Mitch Richmond, but very wrong about Pippen. Pippen did make a mistake by not coming back into the game to be a decoy, but if you look at bad sportmanship, then LeBron shouldn't have been an MVP and neither should Isiah Thomas.

I did think about Ewing, but Miller was very good, but he never carried a team by himself.

Bruno
05-25-2010, 01:25 PM

This post is ignorant on so many levels.

People forget how good he was that first year without Jordan in 1993-1994. That year, he earned All-Star Game MVP honors and led the Bulls in scoring, assists, and the entire league in steals, averaging 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals, 1.9 three-pointers, and 0.8 blocks per game, while shooting 49.1% from the field and a career-best 32% from the three-point line

In 1993-1994 Pippen finished 3rd in MVP voting, and had a higher PER than Kobe Bryant did in 2009-2010 (to put it in perspective). The Bulls finished that season with 55 wins, only two fewer than they did the previous year with Jordan; they finished 3rd in the east, two games out of first place.

If it weren't for the Hollins-Hubert Davis touch foul incident, the Bulls would have won the series vs NY, and challenged the Houston Rockets for the championship, IMO. That 1994 Bulls playoff squad has three players who had a PER of higher than 20.0 over that 10 game playoff stretch (Pippen, Grant, Toni)

This is why I get so pissed when people talk about Jordan not having a great talented team around him. They almost made the finals without him, Scottie was an MVP caliber player, and Horace Grant was a legitimate post player. They didn't fair as well in 1995, but that's because Horace Grant left for Orlando.

People also forget that the TrailBlazers were one fourth quarter miracle by the Lakers away from being the NBA champions in 1999-2000, Pippen was the veteran leader of that squad.

Don't be ridiculous, pay Pippen his due.

abe_froman
05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
This post is ignorant on so many levels.

People forget how good he was that first year without Jordan in 1993-1994. That year, he earned All-Star Game MVP honors and led the Bulls in scoring, assists, and the entire league in steals, averaging 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals, 1.9 three-pointers, and 0.8 blocks per game, while shooting 49.1% from the field and a career-best 32% from the three-point line

In 1993-1994 Pippen finished 3rd in MVP voting, and had a higher PER than Kobe Bryant did in 2009-2010 (to put it in perspective). The Bulls finished that season with 55 wins, only two fewer than they did the previous year with Jordan; they finished 3rd in the east, two games out of first place.

If it weren't for the Hollins-Hubert Davis touch foul incident, the Bulls would have won the series vs NY, and challenged the Houston Rockets for the championship, IMO. That 1994 Bulls playoff squad has three players who had a PER of higher than 20.0 over that 10 game playoff stretch (Pippen, Grant, Toni)

This is why I get so pissed when people talk about Jordan not having a great talented team around him. They almost made the finals without him, Scottie was an MVP caliber player, and Horace Grant was a legitimate post player. They didn't fair as well in 1995, but that's because Horace Grant left for Orlando.

People also forget that the TrailBlazers were one fourth quarter miracle by the Lakers away from being the NBA champions in 1999-2000, Pippen was the veteran leader of that squad.

Don't be ridiculous, pay Pippen his due.
thank you :clap: i agree with what you just said,and the "supporting cast(or lack of)" thing pisses me off as well.

td0tsfinest
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Has Kevin Garnett ever won one yet?

Yup in 2004.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-25-2010, 01:46 PM

This part of your post fails on so many levels.

You do know that the year after MJ left the Bulls won 55 games, right? 55 just to say it again. I won't even go into how Pip averaged 22, 9 rpg, and nearly 6 apg on top of 3 spg a game.

They also got to the 2nd round, only to get screwed on one of the worst officiating calls to ever determine an outcome of a game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WjOUXZr7Q

Had they won that game, they would have been up 3-2 going back to Chicago, and at least advanced to the conf. finals, where they could have possibly beaten the Pacers, whom the Knicks beat after advancing past the Bulls. The Knicks also lost to the Rockets in 7 games.

Take it for what it's worth, but 1 call the opposite way could have seriously put a Pippen-led Bulls team to the finals, and who knows what would have happened. It's not like the Rockets blew out the Knicks.

Edit: My bad, didn't see the post above where dude said basically the same thing I just did.

Bruno
05-25-2010, 01:51 PM
^No, thanks for posting the video. NBA fans don't talk about this enough.

It's ridiculous to me how Bulls fans will throw Pippen under the bus, or refrain from defending him just to prop up Jordans legacy. As if he did it single handedly. The Bulls don't beat the Lakers in 1991 unless Pippen shuts down Magic Johnson.

Who's the GOAT if that series went the other way?