PDA

View Full Version : Why is Miami overlooked, yet many free agents eager to join Heat?

beasted86
05-25-2010, 11:05 AM
I've heard many of the top tier free agents discuss directly that the Miami is a great situation to look to, but the Heat still surprisingly gets overlooked by ESPN and most of the fans aboard the PSD hype train when it comes to 2010 fee agency.

AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE:

"A lot of teams out there appreciate my skills, but I'm from Florida. That's my home, that's where my AAU team is. That's where my fan base is,'' he said. "It would be great (to play there).
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/12/stoudemire-sees-days-in-phoenix-ending

JOE JOHNSON:

``That's a great situation -- you have to look at it,'' Johnson told The Miami Herald while discussing his options. ``I'm not saying I'll go play with him or him. But being a free agent, you pay attention to everybody's salary cap, what everybody can do.''

Asked if he could be a second or third option on a team such as Miami, he said, ``Yeah.''``I played that role already,'' said Johnson, expected to also receive interest from Chicago, New York and New Jersey. ``It doesn't matter. You can still make your stamp on the game. I could care less about being the one or two guy. I just want to win.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/12/1624876/hawks-johnson-flies-onto-radar.html

CARLOS BOOZER:

``We first came here for tax reasons and fell in love with it,'' Boozer said, taking a break from his campers. ``We love the palm trees, the laid-back attitude, the sun, quality of life. It's like paradise here, and I would love to be part of the Heat. They're a very good team, and I'm real close to some of the guys. Dwyane and I started to get close at the Athens Olympics in 2004, and I'd love to play on his team. Plus, I already live here. I'm just waiting to see what happens.''
http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/07/20/1149794/carlos-boozers-no-1-choice-is.html

But I haven't heard nearly the same when it comes to the New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, or Chicago Bulls... yet people are all aboard the PSD hype train when it comes to those teams.

The Heat has by far the most cap space in 2010, has the best player in Dwyane Wade out of the teams with cap space , has a hall of fame coach if needed in Pat Riley, and has a beautiful city in a great market along with obviously 3 top free agents that already say it's a great situation. Keep sleeping on the Heat.

Wade + Johnson + Stoudemire = Dynasty :worthy:

Raidaz4Life
05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
I've been wondering the same thing to be honest

Wade_County
05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Because ESPN is worthless.

Wade_County
05-25-2010, 11:09 AM
ESPN is like Stern and Bosh, they just follow Lebron around.

godolphins
05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I was wondering the same thing!!!!!

sep11ie
05-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Because they can't sell out a playoff game.

beasted86
05-25-2010, 11:19 AM

Mainly it's Chris Broussard. He is a LeBron homer being that he is from Cleveland/Cincinatti

beasted86
05-25-2010, 11:21 AM

All sports fans in Miami are mainly bandwagon fans except for the Dolphins. When our team is playing really well the Heat/Marlins/Panthers sell out games all day.

It's not our fault that Miami is a great place with a great night life where there is more than 1 fun thing to do, unlike Cleveland where all they have is basketball.

effen5
05-25-2010, 11:29 AM
All sports fans in Miami are mainly bandwagon fans except for the Dolphins. When our team is playing really well the Heat/Marlins/Panthers sell out games all day.

It's not our fault that Miami is a great place with a great night life where there is more than 1 fun thing to do, unlike Cleveland where all they have is basketball.

WOW, I give you respect for admitting to that.

tdunk21
05-25-2010, 11:32 AM
The Heat has by far the most cap space in 2010, has the best player in Dwyane Wade out of the teams with cap space

knicks and nets have the most cap space FYI....:laugh2:

Big Quett
05-25-2010, 11:38 AM

No they dont. When Wade opts out Miami can sign a max player and an allstar like player and then re-sign wade if they do it in that order and im pretty damn sure they will

spoonhoops
05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Miami will definitely get some really good players to play with Wade, but until LeBron decides where he wants to go, all is on hold. LeBron in South Beach would be fun to watch.

tdunk21
05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
No they dont. When Wade opts out Miami can sign a max player and an allstar like player and then re-sign wade if they do it in that order and im pretty damn sure they will

thats only when wade opts out....

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I've heard many of the top tier free agents discuss directly that the Miami is a great situation to look to, but the Heat still surprisingly gets overlooked by ESPN and most of the fans aboard the PSD hype train when it comes to 2010 fee agency.

AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/02/12/stoudemire-sees-days-in-phoenix-ending

JOE JOHNSON:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/12/1624876/hawks-johnson-flies-onto-radar.html

CARLOS BOOZER:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/07/20/1149794/carlos-boozers-no-1-choice-is.html

But I haven't heard nearly the same when it comes to the New York Knicks, New Jersey Nets, or Chicago Bulls... yet people are all aboard the PSD hype train when it comes to those teams.

The Heat has by far the most cap space in 2010, has the best player in Dwyane Wade out of the teams with cap space , has a hall of fame coach if needed in Pat Riley, and has a beautiful city in a great market along with obviously 3 top free agents that already say it's a great situation. Keep sleeping on the Heat.

Wade + Johnson + Stoudemire = Dynasty :worthy:

How the **** is this a dynasty, if Nash, Stoudemire, Johnson wasn't?

Btw lmao at the team who signs Stoudemire to a max contract. He the softest big man in the game. How the **** are you going to be an athletic 6'10" 260+ lbs big man and only grab 4 boards a game? Running his mouth when players embarrass him and calling them lucky lol.:facepalm:

beasted86
05-25-2010, 11:47 AM
thats only when wade opts out....

Have you been hiding under a rock? The Heat have always had the most cap space. :laugh2:

Miami is the only team that will have cap space left over after re-signing Wade and adding another max salary all-star.

The Nets can't even sign 2 max players, and the Knicks can only sign 2 max players.

MiamiLoyal926
05-25-2010, 11:50 AM

Since we are assuming that Lebron, Wade, Amare, Bosh, JJ, Boozer, etc .... are all free agents

Then

Its safe to say we are assuming Wade opts out. With that being the case, the heat have $12,619,096 in contracts for 2010. I would say that is more than the nets and the knicks isn't it? Since you did your research (an assumption based on your comment)... you tell me if any team has more than roughly 43 million to spend this summer?

FYI..... :laugh2:

beasted86
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM

Btw lmao at the team who signs Stoudemire to a max contract. He the softest big man in the game. How the **** are you going to be an athletic 6'10" 260+ lbs big man and only grab 4 boards a game? Running his mouth when players embarrass him and calling them lucky lol.:facepalm:

Maybe because Wade > Nash?
Maybe because the Heat has actually coached defense?

Grifftiggs
05-25-2010, 11:54 AM

Um the Marlins NEVER sell out no matter how good they are.

beasted86
05-25-2010, 11:56 AM

They sell out the World Series. ;)

t_money25
05-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Great post....I was wondering the same thing

OT Thriller
05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Its pretty much a lock that either boozer or stoudamire is coming to Miami. Now who else comes too will be interesting to see.

t_money25
05-25-2010, 11:58 AM

The Marlins sold out just about every game during their world series runs...:facepalm:

MiamiLoyal926
05-25-2010, 11:58 AM

This is true... only late post season play may you reach this acheivement.

Since we don't see much of that.... they don't see much of us. Remember that the marlins are known for getting a championship run and then selling there players off. Its hard to maintain loyal fans this way.

thescore53
05-25-2010, 12:00 PM

dont believe what guys like chad ford say, bosh has never said he will follow lebron

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 12:01 PM

There was a time when Nash was the second best player in the league. Wade has never even been top 5. Add this to the fact that Nash is a PG so why are you comparing them?

daleja424
05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
lol. The Marlins play in a football stadium that can seat 70 thousand ppl :) and in the playoffs they do sell it out...

daleja424
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
There was a time when Nash was the second best player in the league. Wade has never even been top 5. Add this to the fact that Nash is a PG so why are you comparing them?

I really really want to yell at you right now. a lot. are you JOKING!?!?!

daleja424
05-25-2010, 12:04 PM
and for the record... WADE >>> Nash. Its not even close. Nash is a GREAT PG and any team would be lucky to have him, but he doesnt have the eye of the killer that the great ones have (see wade and kobe).

beasted86
05-25-2010, 12:05 PM

Without turning this into too much of a back and forth debate between these two players... they are both guards who facilitate and are primary scorers for their teams.

Offensively Wade is about equal to Nash at best... in a fair world he's better. Defensively there is no comparison whatsoever. This is why Wade > Nash.

ugafan
and for the record... WADE >>> Nash. Its not even close. Nash is a GREAT PG and any team would be lucky to have him, but he doesnt have the eye of the killer that the great ones have (see wade and kobe).

I think a Nash-Johnson-Stoudemire trio would work better than Wade-Johnson-Stoudemire, but Wade is clearly the better overall player.

BigDFan85

Actually, as a former resident, I think it's because everyone that lives there is from other places, mainly New York and New Jersey. I always thought it was crazy that it was incredibly rare to find a natural Floridian, especially in South Florida.

thescore53

i believe wade was considered the best player in the league at one point....
and for most of his career he was considered top 3 :facepalm:

beasted86
05-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Actually, as a former resident, I think it's because everyone that lives there is from other places, mainly New York and New Jersey. I always thought it was crazy that it was incredibly rare to find a natural Floridian, especially in South Florida.

That plays a part. I am from NY as well.

oak2455
05-25-2010, 12:08 PM

Better PG??:confused:

JayAllDay
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM

This

x2

beasted86
05-25-2010, 12:10 PM

Better overall guard.

awr0430
05-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Nash plays ZERO defense, none notta zilch nothing. He can guard absolutely no one. Derek Fisher owns him until further notice and we have all seen every other good to great point guard in the league demolish Fisher and Nash. that is why they tried to hide him on defense. So regardless of position he and Wade are guards and dominant ball handlers so as someone said earlier they are about equal as far as offense is concerned except Wade doesnt fold when he gets bodied....And defense Nash is a liability, therefore Wade>Nash. Period

Chicagofaithful
05-25-2010, 12:20 PM
miami is a great location in our country.... but even if you guys sign Wade Johnson and amare.... you will win a lot of games but will not win a championship... in this day and age it takes a complete 1-5 and a deep bench, both of which you will not have... ESPECIALLY a deep bench, i know miami fans will rebutt this with "everyone will want to play here if we get those three" but not necessarily, everyone wants to get paid.

awr0430
05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
miami is a great location in our country.... but even if you guys sign Wade Johnson and amare.... you will win a lot of games but will not win a championship... in this day and age it takes a complete 1-5 and a deep bench, both of which you will not have... ESPECIALLY a deep bench, i know miami fans will rebutt this with "everyone will want to play here if we get those three" but not necessarily, everyone wants to get paid.

This is true but the last time I checked the other teams in the running dont have good bench players either so a starting 5 aint enough.

t_money25
05-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Seriously?!?!? I dare you to name 5 players in the league better than Wade and I guarantee you the posters in here are gonna jump all over you're choices.... :no:

Wade_County
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

also did i miss when Nash took over a NBA finals series?

effen5
05-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Wade is top 3

Last year he was probably the best player in the league.

What a dumb statement.

WadeCounty
05-25-2010, 12:35 PM
I think he was watching too many steve nash commercials http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdNiXidfLcc

JNA17
05-25-2010, 12:40 PM
july 1st

Ethix11
05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
If the Heat only sign one star player this summer like Bosh, then they could keep Beasley as a bench player since Raja Bell said he wanted to play next season in Miami for cheap. Then fill out the rest with above average starters like Felton, Salmons, & Haywood. But i would rather go for a big three and build around them with good young talent since they have 4 draft picks this year and the MLE/Vet Mins every year after.

Rego247
05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Nash plays ZERO defense, none notta zilch nothing. He can guard absolutely no one. Derek Fisher owns him until further notice and we have all seen every other good to great point guard in the league demolish Fisher and Nash. that is why they tried to hide him on defense. So regardless of position he and Wade are guards and dominant ball handlers so as someone said earlier they are about equal as far as offense is concerned except Wade doesnt fold when he gets bodied....And defense Nash is a liability, therefore Wade>Nash. Period

wade>nash. i agree. just to clarify something ...are u saying that wade is the tougher of the two. if thats the case when has nash ever folded when he got bodied?. when has not played through the pain. the guy plays with a dislocated nose, messed up eye. he excels we gets bodied and when guys are playing him physical. like i said wade is greater than nash, but if ure making the assertion that wade is the tougher of the two cuz he doesnt fold when he gets bodied, then i cant agree with that.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 12:49 PM

I do agree with you on some of your points, but then that make's the bull's in the same predicament??? If and that's a big IF! They get lets say James and bosh or just have a core of James-Rose-Noah....Where is there bench?? Outside of the bulls fans, No one can name anyone on your bench. Remember if you do get james a deng or kirk, if not both would have to be traded.

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Seriously?!?!? I dare you to name 5 players in the league better than Wade and I guarantee you the posters in here are gonna jump all over you're choices.... :no:

Kobe Bryant-Best all around player in the game
Lebron James-second best player in the game
Pau Gasol-best all around big man in the game(embarrassed Howard in the olympic finals and nba finals)
Rajon Rondo-best all around pg in the league,lock down defender
Carmelo Anthony-best all around small forward in the league
Kevin Durant-Pure scorer, always improving defensively

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Pau Gasol-best all around big man in the game(embarrassed Howard in the olympic finals and nba finals)

Better than wade:speechless:

J-Relo
05-25-2010, 12:56 PM

i can deal with Lebron being #2, let it be... but Melo best SF? the Lebron is playing what position?

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 12:57 PM

If you weren't a Miami fan you wouldn't have even opened this thread. Stop being biased.

NBAfan4life

Come on. Just to clarify Kobe is my favorite player period. Huge Laker fan but Lebron has clearly surpassed him. Kobe is a better closer but that alone does not make him the best in the league.

The Final Boss
i can deal with Lebron being #2, let it be... but Melo best SF? the Lebron is playing what position?

Lebron's a PF paying SF and is a defensive liability at times.

effen5
05-25-2010, 12:59 PM

Im a Bulls fan and hate you idiot Heat fans but hell no they aren't better then Wade.

effen5
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Would I take these players over Wade

Kobe Bryant - yes
Lebron James - yes
Pau Gasol - HELL NO
Rajon Rondo - NO
Carmelo Anthony - HELL NO
Kevin Durant - maybe

bbblack40
05-25-2010, 01:05 PM

Because nash is not Wade! Wade knows how 2 get it done in tha big games,Wade knows how 2 lead his team 2 tha finals and win not 2 mention johnson and amare were still young when they were all wit tha suns.

awr0430
05-25-2010, 01:07 PM
wade>nash. i agree. just to clarify something ...are u saying that wade is the tougher of the two. if thats the case when has nash ever folded when he got bodied?. when has not played through the pain. the guy plays with a dislocated nose, messed up eye. he excels we gets bodied and when guys are playing him physical. like i said wade is greater than nash, but if ure making the assertion that wade is the tougher of the two cuz he doesnt fold when he gets bodied, then i cant agree with that.

I am not saying hes tougher but Nash lets the physical guards dictate his offense often such as when Fisher plays close defense on Nash and therefore his offense becomes limited. Thats why he always seems more relaxed when Farmar is on the floor cuz he plays defense but not physical defense that was my point. I prolly just worded it wrong.

awr0430
05-25-2010, 01:09 PM

:smoking: Give me some of that No one except Kobe and Lebron are considered better than Wade.

thescore53
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM

theres no emoticon to describe what that guy just posted, ignoring him is the best thing cause he obviously doesnt know what he's talking about

t_money25
05-25-2010, 01:12 PM

Kobe - Yes
Lebron - Yes
Gasol - YEA RIGHT LOL
Rondo - isn't even the best point guard
Melo - Nope
Durant - Nope

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:15 PM

:facepalm:

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 01:15 PM
If you weren't a Miami fan you wouldn't have even opened this thread. Stop being biased.

Sorry buddy, But I am a huge NBA fan....I have been watching since the late 80's and played ball my whole life. So I am always in the NBA forums and giving my 2 cents...I can respect your choices you have over wade, but I think you are living under a rock for the past 7 years!!! Jordan is my favorite player of all time, which is most likely everyone's choice, but I lived in chicago for 13 years and right now I think the best player and one of my fav is Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Melo, and Durant is becoming a great player...and rondo as well.

Big Zo
05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
They're being overlooked because apparently everybody's going to Chicago. Even Phil Jackson. lol

bbblack40
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
can someone explain to me how people think kobe or lebron are better than Wade? i mean i personally think they are pretty eqaul cant go wrong with either one of them but if i had 2 rank Wade is #1. the only reason people rank them ahead of wade is because they are on contenders and winning. when wade has an actual team around him the rings will come big time. Lebron cant even win with a great supporting cast, Kobe needs an all star team to win, Wade by far has had 2 do the most with the least for the past 3yrs. 2010 wade and see what happens when wade gets some help im predicting it right now 2010-2011 mvp and finals mvp book it.

footballer2369
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
OY :facepalm:...I can't tell whether or not the guy is serious, but I suspect he's a Euro who obviously has missed quite a bit of basketball...and needs to be schooled up...

Rondo, Pau all these guys are 2nd tier....they're incomparable to Wade...It's high school vs D1 college.

Also: Kobe is NOT still better than Wade! The torch has been passed...even ask some of the more aware Laker fans. Wade is superior on both ends...Check the numbers, he's dominant. He's arguably not even the most important player on his team, and Pau sure as hell isn't as important or good as Wade. The stats all indicate Wade being well better as well.

Wade is undeniably the 2nd best player in the league, was the best after 2006 and last year and has been top 5 since his sophomore year.

king james
05-25-2010, 01:27 PM

These are comments made by someone who is just a hater. There is no way any real basketball fan can say that Wade isn't in the top 3 players in the league.

1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Lebron

hugepatsfan
05-25-2010, 01:28 PM
After his sophmore year Wade was the best player in the NBA. Kobe was in a funk and Lebron was still learning the game around inferior talent. But now he is back to third.

Kyben36
05-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Miami is a great city, but not a great sports city if you ask me.

this, and the fact that the core in MIami has so many holes. sure, they have D Wade ( if he resigns ), but beasley looks more and more like a bust, Chalmers is an OK PG. but they dont have anything other than that. they have 4 real players ( if they sign a FA ), and this is the main reason I dont see them being huge in FA, kinda like NY.

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
I haven't been living under a rock. I understand that fans have their favorite players. But the NBA is all about entertainment which is why fans are quick to point at scorers as being the best players. People over look Rondo's leadership,play making, and lock down defense. Pau Gasol is the most talented all around big man in the game but people here don't appreciated him playing the game the right way on both ends. Pau is a world class player. Travel the world and people think Howard is a can, because everywhere else but the NBA people care about all the intangibles that go into a basketball player. Yes Wade can create his own shot, but what else can he do? He can't play defense. Gambling in passing lanes doesn't make you a good defender. Possession after possession does. I think the kicker though is Wade's intelligence, he says he wears bowties to look like an intellectual, when the proper word is intellect. Second how is a person so ignorant that they need a bowtie to look intelligent. What ever happened to being educated and cultured?

abe_froman
05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
they arent over looked,its just doubtful lebron will go there...but they have a really good shot at anyone else(as good as anyone)

Derick713
05-25-2010, 01:37 PM
The Heat lack elite youth and an overall roster to support the supposed 3 Max Player system. The Heat won't get a bargain with any of the talent they end up signing. The Nets and Bulls have their core signed to rookie contracts which gives them more flexibility.

The Bulls can offer LeBron James and Dwayne Wade players like Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah to compliment them. The Nets can offer Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, and Brook Lopez. The Bulls might be able to land Phil Jackson if Reinsdorf is willing to pay him. The Nets could offer the 3rd Pick overall for a veteran talent or a Noah type player like Varejao.

No one denies that the Heat will be able to land one or two of Johnson, Boozer, Stoudemire, Lee, or Bosh. It's just that LeBron's decision will change the landscape of the NBA. Wade wants to win so he needs to see what James and Bosh do.

joe j.09
05-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Mainly it's Chris Broussard. He is a LeBron homer being that he is from Cleveland/Cincinatti

This briussard is a moron, anyone that takes what he says srious is only fooling themselves....

He knows lebrons best option is NY and thats where he should go but he keeps bringing up chicago knowing he wont go there and play in jordans shadow...that way he resigns with cleveland his HOMETOWN.....

and about miami, i just think everyone alrady knows theres a great great chance they end up with wade and amare....almost expected at this point....

NBAfan4life
05-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Honestly his maybe for Durant is warranted. If I was starting a franchise I would pick Lebron first and possibly Durant second because of his Length age and scoring ability. That does not mean Durant is better than wade but he is catching up fast.

king james
05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Miami is a great city, but not a great sports city if you ask me.

this, and the fact that the core in MIami has so many holes. sure, they have D Wade ( if he resigns ), but beasley looks more and more like a bust, Chalmers is an OK PG. but they dont have anything other than that. they have 4 real players ( if they sign a FA ), and this is the main reason I dont see them being huge in FA, kinda like NY.

you are out of your mind. The same arguments u give to why the Heat won't be able to sign anyone can be made more so for NY than the Heat. What does NY have that's better than the Heat? Wade is better than all the players NY have combine. Money talks partner and NO team has more money than the HEAT.

joe j.09
05-25-2010, 01:44 PM
They're being overlooked because apparently everybody's going to Chicago. Even Phil Jackson. lol

according to bulls fans and bourdassard or w.e that cluesless morons name is lol

joe j.09
05-25-2010, 01:46 PM
you are out of your mind. The same arguments u give to why the Heat won't be able to sign anyone can be made more so for NY than the Heat. What does NY have that's better than the Heat? Wade is better than all the players NY have combine. Money talks partner and NO team has more money than the HEAT.

yeah and if NY sign LBJ and bosh they have lbj, bosh, gallo chandler, douglass, and walker....not to mention currys huge expiring which will probably land them clos to an all start at the deadline....

How i see it playing out:
NY: LBJ and bosh
Miami: Wade and amare
Chicago: there choice of JJ or boozer
NJN: whoever chicago doesnt choose

bbblack40
05-25-2010, 01:47 PM
I haven't been living under a rock. I understand that fans have their favorite players. But the NBA is all about entertainment which is why fans are quick to point at scorers as being the best players. People over look Rondo's leadership,play making, and lock down defense. Pau Gasol is the most talented all around big man in the game but people here don't appreciated him playing the game the right way on both ends. Pau is a world class player. Travel the world and people think Howard is a can, because everywhere else but the NBA people care about all the intangibles that go into a basketball player. Yes Wade can create his own shot, but what else can he do? He can't play defense. Gambling in passing lanes doesn't make you a good defender. Possession after possession does. I think the kicker though is Wade's intelligence, he says he wears bowties to look like an intellectual, when the proper word is intellect. Second how is a person so ignorant that they need a bowtie to look intelligent. What ever happened to being educated and cultured?

dude this is the nba not english class. and in the nba at the end of the day its about winning not entertainment, rings are what you want as an nba player not number 1 selling jerseys

king james
05-25-2010, 01:56 PM

Speaking of intelligence where is yours? What are you basing any of this off of about Wade. Without a doubt Pau Gasol is a very good player. I love the way he plays on that team, he's a perfect match for what the Lakers needed. But he is in no way on the level of Wade. If u can come up with something legit to support your arguements on Wade I will listen but untill then show some intellgence and be quiet.

sep11ie
05-25-2010, 02:01 PM

Hey man, I'm not bashing your city or team at all. Wade is one of the only superstars in the league I really enjoy watching. I'm saying thats why they get no buzz.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 02:02 PM

:facepalm:Bold

Im sorry, I forgot that wade only play's offense:rolleyes:The guy is in the top 10 in steals every year and in like the top 20 in blocks, Yes' he is not a great one on one defender like kobe... but he does plenty on the court and he avg at least 6ast 7rpg and the scoring well' you know:D

Wade_County
05-25-2010, 02:08 PM

Welcome Doug Collins to PSD.

Wade_County
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM

I agree Kobe is the best, but the NBA is a "now league"

Gasol, umm i can think of a handful of better PF/C id rather have
LOL at the rondo comment, still rather have DWill, CP3 etc.
Carmelo best SF,umm no its Lebron, and hes not a PF playing SF. And to be honest Id rather have Durant on my team over Melo.

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Speaking of intelligence where is yours? What are you basing any of this off of about Wade. Without a doubt Pau Gasol is a very good player. I love the way he plays on that team, he's a perfect match for what the Lakers needed. But he is in no way on the level of Wade. If u can come up with something legit to support your arguements on Wade I will listen but untill then show some intellgence and be quiet.

Basketball I.Q.- Gasol> Wade
Foot work- Gasol> Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Overall Defense- Gasol> Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol> Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Shooting percentage- Gasol> Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

path2zion
05-25-2010, 02:13 PM

thats not how it works buddy. if he opts out, he cant just resign with his bird rights to get them over the cap. :facepalm:

sep11ie
05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Foot work- Gasol> Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol> Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

Really?

Jonathan2323
05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I believe Miami's biggest competition this summer is NYC. If the Knicks can land LeBron they will get Bosh too. Eventhough The Bulls have a more complete roster than the Knicks the Bulls can only land 1 max FA. Bulls fans think they will be able to trade their players to be able to get 2 max contracts, its not going to happen. Either way Miami is in the driver seat this summer because they are the only team that can very easily add 3 max contracts.

Wade_County
05-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Foot work- Gasol> Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol> Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

:facepalm:

awr0430
05-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Foot work- Gasol> Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol> Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

Foot work- Gasol<Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Overall Defense- Gasol< Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol< Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

Fixed.

Jonathan2323
05-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Foot work- Gasol> Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol> Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

You actually believe Gasol is a better player than Wade and trying to prove. LOL. Its like comparing Kobe to Bosh.

Stunner
05-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Dont knw i think Boozer or Amare is going to join Wade and maybe Joe Johnson.

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Foot work- Gasol> Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol> Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

Please tell me your joking:confused: Gasol is the biggest softy on defense, Pass (No Comment) Foot work (No Comment) and not to mention wade will block the crap out Gasol!!!

awr0430
05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
You actually believe Gasol is a better player than Wade and trying to prove. LOL. Its like comparing Kobe to Bosh.

I know right. Cuz Gasol took Memphis ummmmm nowhere. Please he aint he got destroyed by KG two years ago, couldnt keep up with Rashard last year regardless of the outcome, and well we shall see this year. He is not better than Wade period...please for the sake of your health and others stop :smoking:

DengelBerry
05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
I would love to, the Scenery, Pat Riley, Dwayne Wade (if he stays)

daleja424
05-25-2010, 02:23 PM
hmmm... I give up. If this guy actually believes Pau Gasol is better then Dwyane Wade then what can you do but :facepalm:

joe j.09
05-25-2010, 02:28 PM
gasol better then wade lol not even close....

I thibk winners this summer will be miami and NY

GAWDtv
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I ain't sleepin, check my history. I heard Riley talking like he KNOWS something. Wade is staying and may bring 2 friends along is the word. If MIA put together a team of 3 superstars ala BOS CELTICS the sellout streak begins Pre Season day 1.

Wade, Bron and Bosh as the core of the Heat for a 3 year stint, or 3 peat. Wade won with much less. Even Amare or JJ would be a great 3rd if one ain't on board for the pay cut (if s&t no go).

I just wish they would decide and annonce it already so I can MOVE to MIA ;-)

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
hmmm... I give up. If this guy actually believes Pau Gasol is better then Dwyane Wade then what can you do but :facepalm:

I think the funny part of this whole thread in regard to Gasol and Wade is every Heat fan keeps using smileys to counter my argument. If Wade is that much better I'm sure you can come up with a better argument than :facepalm:.

sean17c
05-25-2010, 02:36 PM
because miami cant even keep wade there

horrible fanbase. and alot of distractions

vacation there

awr0430
05-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I think the funny part of this whole thread in regard to Gasol and Wade is every Heat fan keeps using smileys to counter my argument. If Wade is that much better I'm sure you can come up with a better argument than :facepalm:.

The reason for the :facepalm: is because everyone on here knows Gasol <<<<<< Wade so they dont want to even begin a discussion because there is nothing to discuss, lol

thescore53
Foot work- Gasol> Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol> Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

:confused:

thescore53
bosh > gasol

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Are you serious??? Everyone in here has stated their argument and that is including the lakers fans!

kntresistheheat
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM
because miami cant even keep wade there

horrible fanbase. and alot of distractions

vacation there

Okay:confused:

DengelBerry
05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
bosh > gasol

Not a chance!!!

thescore53
05-25-2010, 02:43 PM
wow alot of haterzz in here

thescore53
05-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Not a chance!!!

elaborate

DengelBerry
05-25-2010, 02:44 PM
wow alot of haterzz i here

no, just Gasol is the better player.

The Final Boss
05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Are you serious??? Everyone in here has stated their argument and that is including the lakers fans!

This is an under-handed way of admitting that all fans are biased.

BTW, I have yet to see any substantial counter-arguments.

Gasol< Wade, and :facepalm:doesn't suffice an argument. This isn't an elementary school playground, this is a sports forum.

I named off a lot of categories and only two were disagreed upon. Which is saying something. Btw, soft is having no heart even when you're physically imposing ala Amar'e Stoudemire. Gasol may not have the physical attributes but plays with intensity, heart, and passion. Just because your body doesn't allow you to bang doesn't mean you can't.

People need to get their definitions straightened out.

thescore53
05-25-2010, 02:55 PM
no.

daleja424
05-25-2010, 03:02 PM
hows this... HoF probability:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_active.html

wade has been in the league 2 years fewer then Pau and yet he has a 97% chance of making the hall while Pau has a 23% chance

Silent
05-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Amar,e will be either with the suns or the heat next year

thescore53
05-25-2010, 03:10 PM
yes and bosh has 43, so bosh>pau

Draco
05-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I believe Miami's biggest competition this summer is NYC. If the Knicks can land LeBron they will get Bosh too. Eventhough The Bulls have a more complete roster than the Knicks the Bulls can only land 1 max FA. Bulls fans think they will be able to trade their players to be able to get 2 max contracts, its not going to happen. Either way Miami is in the driver seat this summer because they are the only team that can very easily add 3 max contracts.

The chances that even one max free agent leaves money on the table to sign with a new team is low. The chances that three of these free agents moving is astronomically low. Consequently, the team needing to make the fewest number of deals, to have the best roster among these three teams, is in the better position.

Neither NY nor Miami have the assets to compete with the Bulls in a S&T scenario or the assets to showcase as a desirable supporting cast. Wade, Beasley, Cook, Anthony and Chalmers aren't as desirable and aren't enough to compete with Deng, Hinrich, Johnson, Gibson, Rose, and Noah. You can vehemently disagree with this all you want but realize that's a big reason why people talk about the Bulls more than the Heat.

daleja424
05-25-2010, 03:11 PM
lets see... what else...

All-star appearances: Wade (6) > Gasol (3)
All-star game MVPs: Wade (1) > Gasol (0)
NBA Finals MVP: Wade (1) > Gasol (0)
All NBA selection: Wade (5) > Gasol (2)

etc etc etc etc etc

Aussy4GM
05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
They sell out the World Series. ;)

the only reason they did that was because they were playing the yankees.

awr0430
05-25-2010, 03:16 PM
The chances that even one max free agent leaves money on the table to sign with a new team is low. The chances that three of these free agents moving is astronomically low. Consequently, the team needing to make the fewest number of deals, to have the best roster among these three teams, is in the better position.

Neither NY nor Miami have the assets to compete with the Bulls in a S&T scenario or the assets to showcase as a desirable supporting cast. Wade, Beasley, Cook, Anthony and Chalmers aren't as desirable and aren't enough to compete with Deng, Hinrich, Johnson, Gibson, Rose, and Noah. You can vehemently disagree with this all you want but realize that's a big reason why people talk about the Bulls more than the Heat.

In a S&T scenario that means players are leaving meaning Hinrich and/or Deng will be shipped out and without out either or Both Chicago is just as attractive as Miami sorry, those players arent all that outside of Rose.

Aussy4GM
05-25-2010, 03:18 PM
the bulls can sign one max and then get another max through sign and trade.

Rose,Noah,Gibson > Wade

daleja424
05-25-2010, 03:21 PM
why do you have a video up of a goaltend?

awr0430
Wow time to hit the ole ignore button. Here comes the nonsense

daleja424
also... rose,gibson,noah <<<< wade, beasley, chalmers

BALLER71

Never have I ever called someone on this site a ****** but you sir, are a ******.

Aussy4GM
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
In a S&T scenario that means players are leaving meaning Hinrich and/or Deng will be shipped out and without out either or Both Chicago is just as attractive as Miami sorry, those players arent all that outside of Rose.

What? are you nuts?

Who is your center again? washed up jermaine o'neal?

put it this way rose right now has more upside that wade because he is younger and has a higher ceiling. im not saying hes better than wade but since wade has filled out his potential rose has more. with it becoming increasingly tougher and tougher to get a good true center in the NBA Joakim Noah brings almost as many boards as dwight howard. how is that not all that? and thats with noah recieving less minutes under vinny del negro. expect noah to be top 2 in rebounds again which to me is all that. im sorry.

justinnum1
05-25-2010, 03:22 PM

What did Gasol do when he was the number 1 on his team in memphis? Nothing. Your making yourself look like an idiot. How many Finals MVP's does Gasol have?

justinnum1
05-25-2010, 03:23 PM
What? are you nuts?

put it this way rose right now has more upside that wade because he is younger and has a higher ceiling. im not saying hes better than wade but since wade has filled out his potential rose has more. with it becoming increasingly tougher and tougher to get a good true center in the NBA Joakim Noah brings almost as many boards as dwight howard. how is that not all that? and thats with noah recieving less minutes under vinny del negro. expect noah to be top 2 in rebounds again which to me is all that. im sorry.

:facepalm: You bulls fans are so stupid and delusional.

beasted86
05-25-2010, 03:23 PM

Yeah, why waste your time.

J$mo0th_3o5
05-25-2010, 03:27 PM
LOL at the guy that thinks Gasol is better than Wade. Just look at his avatar and sig, that prolly explains his ******** remarks.

beasted86
05-25-2010, 03:28 PM
What? are you nuts?

Rose has more upside than Wade? :facepalm:

Rose's peak potential IS Wade. :rolleyes:

Nobody.... not one scout, GM, or analyst expects Rose to be better than Wade. Wade is Rose's ceiling, and I don't expect him to ever reach it.

awr0430
05-25-2010, 03:29 PM
What? are you nuts?

We are not talking about last years team Jermaine Oneal is no longer on our payroll. So the last time I checked win now is not go where there is potential. Win Now means put myself in position to win next year and Chicago will not do that so again I say sorry. By the way Noah is Varejao 2.0 so dont get ahead of yourself. And just because he Rebounds at a high rate doesnt mean he defends the paint very well. and he is not a true center anyway he is a Power forward playing the center spot.

thescore53
05-25-2010, 03:29 PM
also... rose,gibson,noah <<<< wade, beasley, chalmers

ye but not by much

Miami_Megatron
05-25-2010, 03:32 PM

very true but its kinda hard for any baseball team except teams like Yanks,Cubs,STL,Bost to sell out a Football Stadium that can hold 75,000 fans

Lord Leoshes
05-25-2010, 03:32 PM
That plays a part. I am from NY as well.

I ashamedly have to admit so am i. :facepalm:

Lord Leoshes
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM

Overall.

t_money25
Sorry fellas, this is all my fault.....I challenged this guy to name 5 players better than Wade and he ACTUALLY TRIED TO DO IT! :facepalm: I told him everyone would jump on him for doing it but I guess he didn't believe me lol....

But seriously, Gasol? He can't be serious

thescore53
rose can very well be better than wade, theyre both similar and rose has been finding that midrange shot just like wade has early in his career,

BALLER71
05-25-2010, 03:36 PM
You can make an argument that Wade was the best player in the NBA in 2008-2009.

marlinsfan24
05-25-2010, 03:36 PM
rose can very well be better than wade, theyre both similar and rose has been finding that midrange shot just like wade has early in his career,

But not right now and FA's are going to be looking for what Wade or Rose can do now. Everyone knows Wade can lead the league in scoring while still keeping his teammates involved. Rose still hasn't proven that.

Also, Gasol is better than Wade....in speaking Spanish (and that too barley)

justinnum1
05-25-2010, 03:37 PM

:facepalm: Another idiot.

t_money25
the only reason they did that was because they were playing the yankees.

Nope, the Marlins sold out the series against the Indians too....

LTS
Foot work- Gasol> Wade
Rebounding- Gasol> Wade
Steals- Gasol< Wade
Passing- Gasol> Wade
Penetrating- Gasol< Wade
Range- Gasol< Wade

You know at some point it doesnt pay to be a HOMER lakers best layer is KObe and he should be compared to wade gasol is not even in the picture and I'm not a Laker or heat fan.

Foot work- please tell me your joking you watch olympic and all-star games
Overall defense- hard to compare postions and wade has more steals and a good amount of rebounds for a SG
Overall Defense-see above plus he has a bad comparativly supporting cast
Passing- hahahah your joking right see the first 2
Penetrating- thank god your not that stupid
Shooting percentage- worst team take more volume and harder shots

Result any person with an IQ above 60 would take Wade

tredigs
05-25-2010, 03:41 PM
lol. The Marlins play in a football stadium that can seat 70 thousand ppl :) and in the playoffs they do sell it out...

No, the stadium only seats about 40,000 when it's configured for baseball. And they truly do have pathetic attendance. It's embarrassing watching Marlins highlights on ESPN.

They have been bottom five in attendance every year this decade (generally last), and even in the year they won the world series they were in the bottom 3.

But that said, they'll come out to see the Heat, especially next season. I'd say they'll be top 5 in attendance next year with one big sign + the resign.

Lord Leoshes
05-25-2010, 03:41 PM
theres no emoticon to describe what that guy just posted, ignoring him is the best thing cause he obviously doesnt know what he's talking about

Bingo. Thats what i did.:clap:

TopsyTurvy
05-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Miami has Wade and possibly Riley coming back, but the real lure is the city, lifestyle, and income tax.

thescore53
05-25-2010, 03:43 PM
:facepalm: Another idiot.

he has the potential to be oneday, whats to say he cant , what does wade have now that rose cant improve on maybe be better in,

handles,playmaking,scoring/shooting

Miami_Megatron
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
.... P.G. better than Wade? you cant be for real....

Wade_County
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
why do you have a video up of a goaltend?

:laugh:

beasted86
05-25-2010, 03:55 PM

Sure he can... just like John Wall can be better than Michael Jordan.

The point I was making is nobody expects it. Most have scouted the ceiling for Rose being Wade.

J$mo0th_3o5
05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Idk how Miami is overlooked, maybe cuz it's people being scared that we have a legit chance in building a dynasty. I mean we do have Wade, there are no state taxes, it is Miami we're talking about, and Riley may even comeback to coach. Money is not an issue. I seriously don't know how much better it can get than that.

unleashthebeast
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
the truth is, the reason that people dont talk about the heat being a legit contender this off season is because they are scared! can you imagine how terrible its gonna be for the fans of all the other teams if we get lebron, wade and bosh? and yes that is possible if/when we trade cook and beasley and buy out james jones

mdm692
05-25-2010, 04:02 PM

How da heck do you call 42 pts and 11boards on the big ****** bynum and gasoft a soft game for stat...also hes been the best player since the all star break wtf are you talking about...get your facts traight....and second 3 all stars and no bench wont get you a dynasty....the best chance for any player to get a ring is the nets...

marlinsfan24
05-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Simple the suns didnt have a bench and neither do the heat...everybody is worrying about what kind of allstart they gon sign...what the heat and knicks need to do is add some bench players that can help wade and whoever else comes in....perfect example the suns of now

Hence Riley said the next 18 months will be crucial to making a winner, not just this off season.

beasted86
05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Idk how Miami is overlooked, maybe cuz it's people being scared that we have a legit chance in building a dynasty. I mean we do have Wade, there are no state taxes, it is Miami we're talking about, and Riley may even comeback to coach. Money is not an issue. I seriously don't know how much better it can get than that.

It can't.

Miami is the only team with their free agent openly saying he wants to return and would be glad to help recruit help... not LeBron, Bosh, Amare, or Johnson.

We also have one of the richest owners in US in Mickey Arison.

mvb815
05-25-2010, 04:17 PM
No, the stadium only seats about 40,000 when it's configured for baseball. And they truly do have pathetic attendance. It's embarrassing watching Marlins highlights on ESPN.

They have been bottom five in attendance every year this decade (generally last), and even in the year they won the world series they were in the bottom 3.

But that said, they'll come out to see the Heat, especially next season. I'd say they'll be top 5 in attendance next year with one big sign + the resign.

sun life is in BFE though, with the actual new stadium coming out in miami, i'm not happy because it is a further drive for me, but overall attendance will go up a lot.

Draco
05-25-2010, 04:18 PM

Meaning the Bulls have more assets to swing a S&T than the Heat while still maintaining a supporting cast. The Heat have bupkiss.

ManRam
05-25-2010, 04:19 PM
There was a report about this thread. I originally was just going to clean up the garbage, but there is so much of it to even begin with. If more than like 1/3 of the posts were serious/on topic, maybe it would be worth keeping open.

It's not. Maybe this type of thread should stick to the Heat forum.

Please guys, stay on top and refrain from childish thread-derailing posts.

JordansBulls
05-25-2010, 04:20 PM

Yeah he has only been the best player one year and top 3 the other 3-4 years.